User Reviews for Kenalog

Learn more about Kenalog.

Dermatitis 2 reviews 344 medications

Atopic Dermatitis 3 reviews 244 medications

Psoriasis 3 reviews 309 medications

6.3
Lichen Planus 0 reviews 70 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Kenalog reviews 8 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Kenalog

Review by EczMan:

For Atopic Dermatitis: I've had dermatitis for 16 years. It started as mild eczema on my hands but within a year it went from mild to wild! Woke up one morning and both my forearms were swollen, red, itching, burning and leaking fluid when pushed against. 3 pitting edema. From that point on over the next few years, it spread to my torso, legs, back, scalp and face. Topical creams no longer worked, I was put on prednisone dose packs, but over time, prednisone was causing terrible side effects i.e., moon face, hyperglycemia, depression, agitation, oral thrush etc. I was then put on Kenalog 40mg every 3-4 weeks but then Kenalog created new side effects. Now I have to take 80mg of Kenalog and methotrexate. Works but my life is a wreck.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2014 12:09 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Psoriasis: Only thing that helped my scalp

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2013 7:57 PM

Review by ambernic1982 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Atopic Dermatitis: This injection is amazing for major flare-ups that are not controllable by atopic creme. I had a shot a year ago and it cleared up my skin completely within 4 days. I stayed clear for a year exactly before my next flare-up and I went back for this same injection. Highly recommend for relief and the embarrassment of the flare-ups.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2012 3:26 PM

Review by HopeToHeal (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I too had a injection of Kenalog 10 in my face. After the first 3 weeks I noticed a dime size dent on my cheek. Called the doctor who did the injection, came back to the office. But before that, I researched the internet and found a link where 4 people had a kenalog injection got saline injected in the same spot the kenalog was and could possibly help flush out or decrease the efrects of kenalog working its full term of 6 weeks. I showed the doctor this link on this study and he agreed maybe saline which acts like water can help. This study showed 4 people went every week for 8 weeks & had them same amount of saline injected in the area. All 4 people had great results.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2012 10:57 PM

For Atopic Dermatitis: I got this shot after my hands turned unrecognizable from pain and eczema. I struggle with this all the time in every season. I could not believe how much Kenalog helped me. It erased all signs of eczema in a little over a week. I went back to the doctor just to THANK her for this. I would give it a 10 but its not perfect. It began to come back (though not nearly as severe) about six weeks later. It will definitely get you over the uncontrollable outbreaks.

October 31, 2011 2:52 PM

Review by TraceyFree:

For Psoriasis: It cleared up my plaques but the injections are a bit painful and it did nothing for the guttate psoriasis.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2011 4:09 AM

Review by mckissen:

For Psoriasis: It was good for the itching but the discoloration wasn't helped much at all

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2010 9:44 PM

I used to get a shot of this for my psoriasis, and it did clear up everything in less than a week, However I found that the lesions returned within a few months (3). I was advised to not get the kenalog shots more than twice a year because I have a slightly higher enzyme count in my liver.

March 3, 2010 9:43 PM

For Dermatitis: I get a shot when my eczema is flaring and this stuff just makes everything stop. I love it, it's like I finally have normal skin for a while. I get shots every few months and they are wonderful.

December 9, 2009 12:35 AM

Review by Richy-san:

For Dermatitis: This medicine is great. I have no side effects and the hand eczema clears up within a week. I have to get a shot about every 10-12 months.

August 11, 2009 9:31 AM