User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Gender Dysphoria 1 reviews 0 medications

Postpartum Breast Pain 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Testosterone reviews 281 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Testosterone

Review by Dale R.:

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am 56 and was initially tested at 246. Symptoms were low energy, continuous minor ailments, grumpiness, occasional inability to concentrate, and a low sex drive. I was put on 1% Androgel and felt better almost immediately. It was easy to apply and absorbed quickly. At refill time my insurance company denied Androgel and switched me to Fortesta. After starting Fortesta (4 pumps) the brain fog has not returned, but I don't always feel as sharp as when I was on Androgel. My energy level is okay but not great. And it's not as easy to apply, it goes on the thigh and does not absorb quickly. My 60-day lab work had me at 244, actually lower than before treatment, so now I am at 8 pumps. We'll see how it goes.

May 5, 2013 11:14 AM

Review by andreasalbus:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: At 54 I had little energy by day's end. I was falling asleep in chair after dinner. For the first time, ever, my libido, was diminished. And was moody and depressed. Also, had problems concentrating at work. On 60 mgs for a month and all symptoms turned around except libido. Doc moved me ot 90 mgs. I have been on that dosage for 2 weeks and seem to have regular headaches.

April 30, 2013 4:14 PM

Review by Dude532013:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Male, 53, went on for low drive, apathy, loss of muscle, weight gain, inability to exercise due to joint pain and frequent injuries. Blood levels of about 250. First 8 days of use were the hardest - headaches, strong smell, so strong I thought I could taste it! This was on the 50 mg tube, 1 x per day. Was about to give up on it, and then all side effects vanished on day 9! After two weeks my blood pressure has dropped from 160/100 and on medication to 120/80 and I am exercising daily. Note - highly recommend using latex medical exam gloves to apply - no mess, no cross contamination, better drying, no waste. Also, use small needle nose pliers to get the last 5% - 10% out of the tube. Miracle.

April 29, 2013 12:09 PM

Review by Tired ol' man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Testim is my fountain of youth! My total T went from 295 to 856 in four months. I now workout and run regularly. I am 51 years old and feel like I did at 21 years old. My sex drive has gone through the roof and my wife says I am a "new" man

April 26, 2013 5:08 PM

Review by KMBD:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have tried it all! Very frustrated with the lack of results, my doctor put me on Axiron about a month ago. This is the one product that has truly changed my life. I feel much better. I feel much more energetic and my anxiety and mood issues are gone. I really hope this is not to good to be true!

April 24, 2013 11:51 AM

Review by mcguiremiked:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Worked well enough to stop taking any of the erectile dysfunction prescriptions that I was taking. Very pricey.

April 19, 2013 11:27 PM

Review by Dr.Feelgood43160:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: The first thing I noticed was that my shirts were fitting better, they weren't so tightly fitting anymore. So I weighed myself and I was surprised to see that I had lost 15-17 pounds in the 2-3 months I had been on the Androgel. It took about 2-3 months to find my actual dose. I have noticed way better muscle tone, specially in my chest, shoulders & arms. I am also wearing jeans and shorts more comfortably, they don't fit so tight anymore and don't hurt around my waistline from being so tight. I'm back down to a size 32, much more solid & defined looking and feeling. Lost weight in my neck & face, lost that round looking face, now I have a square jawline and thinner, manlier face. I am able to think more clearly. More solid and longer lasting erections.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2013 2:13 AM

Review by Bratman (taken for less than 1 month):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: My T-Level was 145 then just two weeks later 135. Then I started loosing bone mass and muscle tone. My Doctor advised me to try Axiron. Only on day two, lifting weights and walking has already become easier to do. Sex drive as always been there. Brain willing, body function not so good. Will post again in two weeks to let you know how things are going. So far though for two days I am happy with results.

April 18, 2013 12:14 AM

Review by PappyJim:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I got this after having some trouble performing and just not feeling as good as I used to. As a 91 year old, I don't get around like I used to, but the Androgel brought me back to life in many ways. I feel so much better after taking the 1% gel. I feel like I was back in the 40s again!

April 17, 2013 9:34 PM

Review by MiniatureBigK:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am 54 yrs old. I have been using Testim for over 6 weeks now because my Dr. prescribed it to me. The results that I've gotten are phenomenal. My Testoserone went up 3Xs as much and my Free Test went up 2xs as much. I feel more confident; a little more aggressive; more sure of myself; more alert; a little sharper; overall I feel GREAT! And sexually I don't tire as quick as before. I rub one tube on my shoulder and upper arm in the mornings, about the same time. I switch arms everyday. The smell is pleasant. I did have a side effect i.e. my foot/ankle swelled up, so I laid off it for about 2 weeks, till the swelling went down. Now I have no more side effects, this works GREAT!

April 15, 2013 12:47 PM

Review by ds415:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am a 59 year old male, HIV and have used Androgel successfully for years to help with energy, depression and libido. My insurance company forced me to switch to Testim in January, and I really dislike this. Its hard to wash off my hands after application to my chest and shoulders; it has a distinctive odor that clashes with colognes and causes Allergic reactions in scent sensitive friends; it only dries to a sticky tacky surface that sticks to my shirts, stains my clothes, and the tubes it comes in are harder to use than Androgel packets or the pump.

April 7, 2013 6:32 PM

Review by LOOKINGFORRESULTS (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have been on the gel for 5 months and all I can say is wow! My doctor put me on a strict diet and told me to try this. I was hesitant at first but after about a week of use I started to see some serious changes. Sex drive, energy, alertness, and overall performance. I had gained quite a bit of weight, to be exact I was 418 lbs! With diet, exercise, and increasing my test levels I have lost 68 lbs and still dropping. My side effects were a little different from others. My ejaculation increased and my size increased as well. Also I shave my arm pits now to ensure that all the medication is being absorb, and I apply the medication at night after I shower. I also wait about 25 mins before getting dress.

April 3, 2013 11:59 AM

Review by Sammy t:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I personally love it. Great stuff

April 1, 2013 3:54 PM

Review by Supernaut88:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Same symptoms as most other reviewers. Been on Axiron for about a month now. Feeling significantly better. Mood, energy, and sex drive are way up. Noticed slight sinus burning/headaches, but I'm not sure they are associated with Axiron. Underarm redness and burning have been pretty significant, but bearable. Dont know levels yet. Another test to come.

March 18, 2013 4:16 PM

Review by Ike830 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have been using Axion for a little over a month. I am 65 years old. About 2 weeks after I started the use of Axiron my energy level was unbelieveable. I feel better than I have felt In several years. I have just started my second bottle of it and will give another opinion when I complete this bottle. So far I am very happy with this product.

March 16, 2013 8:07 PM

Review by patrickguy69:

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am an older guy (over 65). Last evening was my first experience with Androderm 2 mg patch. I was not expecting much in the way of results. About an hour and half after dosing my penis became fully erect and hard without any physical stimulis. This has not happened in years. This morning I woke with morning wood. More like a willow than a oak but I will take that. The patch did not come off in the pool doing water exercises for over an hour. Total Testosterone 381 Free Testosterone 55 So far I have been very happy with product

March 13, 2013 6:41 PM

Review by Yoyoyo425:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Hi, I'm a 35-year old male with Hypogonadism (primary testicular failure not producing any sperm and smaller testies). My T level was 200 nmol/L which is below the lower limit of the normal range. This is day 2 on being on Axiron (60 mg / day dose) and I already feel different: my mental cloudiness is gone, I have more energy and I don't need to drink that much coffee to stay awake. Got a strong 'morning wood' like I haven't had in years. Erections, orgasms also quite improved already! I feel that my body is finally performing at the level it should be. Yeah! The only downside is I observed myself snapping momentarily with anger for small things.. I'll keep posting about my experience. I can't believe how different I feel in just 2 days!

March 6, 2013 11:07 PM

Review by JOKEHO (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Striant (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Used Striant for several years. It's a buccal (placed under top lip on gum) and I was advised by pharmacist that buccal method is the quickest delivery of medicine (also bypasses liver). My T numbers were the best ever on Striant (from <200 to 700 ). My biggest problem was you have to use it 2x per day and I could only handle 1x/day in morning, otherwise, it kept me awake/anxious at night! I would have to say though, if you're strictly looking to raise numbers it's probably the best t replacement (other than shots) and had Axiron not came along, I'd still be using Striant.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2013 11:02 AM

Review by JOKEHO:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Have fought low Testosterone levels for 10 years (starting in my mid-30's). T-level range untreated=<200. Initially, used Testim but it was much too sticky with transfer concerns and because my body did not absorb it well my levels would never get above low-normal. Was on Striant for several years and it works pretty well but dosing is 2x per day so I could not handle using in evening (kept me awake, anxious, etc). Two months ago, I was prescribed Axiron and it's the best testosterone replacement! Applying under the arm eliminates most or any transfer concern and because it's alcohol based, it dries quickly. I did switch to spray deodorant because roll-ons became sticky. Most important, I feel great all day and evening and my levels are 500's which seem to be my best.

February 23, 2013 10:55 AM

Review by ccgo:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: My husband's testosterone levels have been crashing. He is on opioid for a spinal fusion that did not take. His total testosterone level 3 days ago was 35 when it should be between 550-700! No that is not a typing error. You can imagine how he was feeling. He has just started the Axiron so it is to early to tell. I wanted to let everyone know that on Axiron's website, there is a phone number your doctor can call and the company will send a copay card that will make your cost, even with insurance, $25.00 per month. The card will pay up to $75 per monthly prescription. The card is good for 11 months. Hope this helps! It is definitely some pricey stuff!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2013 9:43 AM

Review by Russsman:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Have been using Tesopel implants for the last year but they are now not available. Asked the Uro for a temporary solution and he put me on Testim. My wife is very sensitive to smells and notices it but doesn't hate it. Seems to be working for me but not as effective as the implant. Works better when you squeeze out the WHOLE tube into your palm and then apply.

January 26, 2013 4:31 PM

Review by Zinson (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm 59, good shape, pretty well preserved. Prostate removed due to cancer. Levels were around 150. Started Axiron and energy level, libido improved. Levels now around 650. Happy with results but having redness under arms and a few small skin tags. I started putting on my calves until I can get my Dr to return my calls

January 23, 2013 9:29 PM

Review by barjohn:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I was on Androgel when I read about Axiron. While Androgel was OK, it didn't seem to do much for my libido. It did help with weight loss but other effects were mild. I asked my doctor to switch my prescription, which he did. Wow, this stuff really upped my libido significantly. I am 69 and feeling more like 45. Other than the mild burning after applying it (like some deodorants) I have not experienced any negative side effects. Application, once you realize you don't push the pump like you do with Androgel (sends it flying), but press slowly and apply slowly it is actually faster and easier to do with less mess. I would highly recommend trying this if you are having problems with diminished libido.

January 19, 2013 1:10 AM

Review by Hiker602 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I got a free 30 day supply to try and outside of getting used to filling the delivery system I found it was not difficult at all to use. When I started using it the force from the pump was so great it made about 1/4 of the liquid fly out and land on the counter. I learn to slowly fill the cup with the container on it's side worked without losing any product. Otherwise only slight swelling of my ankles and my nipples but not a bother. Wish I could have found a Part D company that has this on formulary. I did not find it on any formulary so will have to switch back to the injections which I hate. I would definitely continue with this if I could afford it.

January 4, 2013 6:04 PM

Review by Gay2:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Happy, hard and excited again says it all.

January 1, 2013 5:07 PM