User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, Duratest, Durathate 200, Everone, FIRST-Testosterone MC, Fortesta, Histerone, Meditest, Striant, Testamone-100, Testim, Testoderm, Testolin, Testopel, Testopel Pellets, Testro, Testro AQ, Testro-LA, Virilon IM

Learn more about Testosterone.

Delayed Puberty, Male 0 reviews 32 medications

Postpartum Breast Pain 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Testosterone reviews 272 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Testosterone

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm back with Androgel packet (1 in morning) after stopping the medication 2 years ago due to elevated liver count and negative side effects. I'm now 50 and was diagnosed at 200 count a few months ago and decided to try it once again. I am no longer dealing with hot flashes, depression and mood swings - this cured me. However, I have enlarged breast, slight weight gain, swollen ankles and not sleeping as well. Back to the Dr. next week to discuss options. Overall satisfied but may need to adjust script somehow.

June 29, 2013 12:33 PM
Review by AnonymousNJ (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm 30 yrs old and just started Axiron 3 days ago. Already seeing positive results. Mood has gotten much much better, increase in libido and better erections. Hope all stays this way and its not just my mind playing tricks on me. T levels prior to use were 267. Hope it goes up from here!! Will post again when I get my levels checked again.

June 27, 2013 10:47 PM
Review by Yoyoyo425 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Now I am 3 months into it. And I'm still feeling great! A blood analysis revealed a level of 440 ng/dL (I was at 200 ng/dL before the treatment). My T level is right in the middle of the normal range. I don't have problems with skin irritation at the application sites. So it's working for me ! Sex life and marriage back on track. Fitness, good mood and mental acuity are also great. In Australia Axiron costs me about $1 per day, which is negligible considering how it changed my life. I am 36 and I am on 2 pumps a day (60mg / day).

June 26, 2013 8:55 PM
Review by Dutchballs (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Only positive experiences to report. Testim has changed my life! If you need it, do not hesitate.

June 23, 2013 2:35 PM
Review by dallasjohn (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

testosterone for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm a 38 year old married guy in the Dallas area and noticed that over the past few years I had been growing stagnant. I had been sleeping a lot, not being able to concentrate at work, feeling tired and lethargic and worst of all my sex drive had just about disappeared. I'm on my second month and have to say WOW. My doctor started me on 120mg of Testosterone Cypionate and upped my dosage to 140mg about 2 shots ago. My first few weeks were okay, I had more energy, was able to sleep better at night and improved libido. Now into my 2nd month I'm as horny as I was at 19 and will probably go back to 120mg since my wife can't keep up with me.

June 20, 2013 1:23 AM
Review by Robbbb: User Rating:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Generally had all the typical problems, but I'm 30 and my T-levels were >220. Axiron, like the gels (which are just a mess), is expensive. My expensive insurance has a high prescription deductible so the coupon from Lilly didn't work. I'm seeing about injections (they're much cheaper, I think only once a week, and have zero contamination risk with my child). Results? Mostly just positive attitude and better thinking, but that is probably the placebo. My libido did noticeably improve the first week but it went back down. Also under my arms turned red from irritation but that went away after awhile. I'm giving it 60 more days to see what happens.

June 14, 2013 12:26 AM
Review by Safety Professor: User Rating:

44yr old man, with low T (T- score 80), noticed changes in normal vitality and depression for past few years. Had T-levels tested and found out my levels were subpar. Began testosterone cypionate Injections 8 months ago. Injections have provided strength, increased mood & mental acuity, normal sex drive, and overall physical health improvement. No one single factor related to these injections has been astoundingly increased as some of the previous postings suggest. Be smart about testosterone replacement. Research your health issues, identify your primary reason for decline, decide on method of treatment; eat, sleep, and exercise appropriately, and stick to the program on a regular basis. Have T-levels checked every 6 months & adjust.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 10, 2013 6:52 PM
Review by Leatherstrap63:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Used once, I say fatigue gone. I'm looking forward to the other results, in a timely manner, of course.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 9, 2013 3:15 AM
Review by 77 year old (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

testosterone for Hypogonadism, Male: Works great.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 3, 2013 7:25 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Use alcohol pads to clean the area, and the patch will stick to it 24 hrs.

June 1, 2013 1:39 PM
Review by Dragonstick (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: GREAT. Works awesome, helps my sex drive. The only bad thing if you want to call it bad is I'm growing a hairy belly as this is where I apply it.

May 29, 2013 1:11 PM
Review by Robocob: User Rating:

testosterone for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm a 69 yr old male who began Axiron one month ago with a free sample. I feel much better generally and have noticed improved energy, mood, and libido. The cost is about $400 per month. I have switched to an injectable depo-testosterone which is about $35 per month. I'm very excited about this whole experience. When I look back I realize my symptoms started when I was 52, or 17 yrs ago. If only I had known I could have saved years of issues. My T-level was 233 and have not retested yet. Good luck and GET TESTED!

May 23, 2013 6:56 PM
Review by Jmanmuscles: User Rating:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Very effective. I had very low numbers and bad muscle aches that made it difficult to walk more than a few blocks. I considered this almost a miracle because it helped so much, so fast. I have found men hate the smell and women love it. Women say, "I don't know what you have on but you sure smell good." On the other hand in a group of men, I see them moving their chairs to get further away from me. No comments, they just move. No known side effects for me.

May 23, 2013 12:28 PM
Review by Jbfrenchy: User Rating:

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am 25 years old and just started Fortesta about 4 days ago, my testosterone level came out to a 39 on my blood work which is extremely low and rare for my age! So far my mood has definitely changed for the better but that's about it.

May 18, 2013 3:15 PM
Review by Wolf R. - New Testim User: User Rating:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm a 43 year old with T levels on the low end of the scale, compared to the average for my age. On my third day of Testim, I am already the feeling positive effects of the medicine: more mental alertness, less sluggishness. I have experienced a headache on the second day but it has gone away. The smell of the medicine on application doesn't bother me. To me, Testim smells like rubbing alcohol and the smell soon dissipates. I also use a spray of cologne on each shoulder to disguise any scent that I may not be smelling.

May 16, 2013 2:28 PM
Review by PWBJ (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am 44. My T level last year was 182 and climbed to 222 last month. Decided to try Axiron with the free 30 day trial. So far feeling pretty good. Mood is up, libido is up slightly, and it seems my muscle tone has improved. The problem is my insurance doesn't cover it so at around $300 / month this will be too costly to continue. Hoping for cheaper alternatives - perhaps injections. I would love to continue using Axiron but it doesn't appear to be in the cards unfortunately.

May 7, 2013 1:41 PM
Review by Dale R.: User Rating:

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am 56 and was initially tested at 246. Symptoms were low energy, continuous minor ailments, grumpiness, occasional inability to concentrate, and a low sex drive. I was put on 1% Androgel and felt better almost immediately. It was easy to apply and absorbed quickly. At refill time my insurance company denied Androgel and switched me to Fortesta. After starting Fortesta (4 pumps) the brain fog has not returned, but I don't always feel as sharp as when I was on Androgel. My energy level is okay but not great. And it's not as easy to apply, it goes on the thigh and does not absorb quickly. My 60-day lab work had me at 244, actually lower than before treatment, so now I am at 8 pumps. We'll see how it goes.

May 5, 2013 11:14 AM
Review by andreasalbus: User Rating:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: At 54 I had little energy by day's end. I was falling asleep in chair after dinner. For the first time, ever, my libido, was diminished. And was moody and depressed. Also, had problems concentrating at work. On 60 mgs for a month and all symptoms turned around except libido. Doc moved me ot 90 mgs. I have been on that dosage for 2 weeks and seem to have regular headaches.

April 30, 2013 4:14 PM
Review by Dude532013: User Rating:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Male, 53, went on for low drive, apathy, loss of muscle, weight gain, inability to exercise due to joint pain and frequent injuries. Blood levels of about 250. First 8 days of use were the hardest - headaches, strong smell, so strong I thought I could taste it! This was on the 50 mg tube, 1 x per day. Was about to give up on it, and then all side effects vanished on day 9! After two weeks my blood pressure has dropped from 160/100 and on medication to 120/80 and I am exercising daily. Note - highly recommend using latex medical exam gloves to apply - no mess, no cross contamination, better drying, no waste. Also, use small needle nose pliers to get the last 5% - 10% out of the tube. Miracle.

April 29, 2013 12:09 PM
Review by Tired ol' man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Testim is my fountain of youth! My total T went from 295 to 856 in four months. I now workout and run regularly. I am 51 years old and feel like I did at 21 years old. My sex drive has gone through the roof and my wife says I am a "new" man

April 26, 2013 5:08 PM
Review by KMBD: User Rating:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have tried it all! Very frustrated with the lack of results, my doctor put me on Axiron about a month ago. This is the one product that has truly changed my life. I feel much better. I feel much more energetic and my anxiety and mood issues are gone. I really hope this is not to good to be true!

April 24, 2013 11:51 AM
Review by mcguiremiked: User Rating:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Worked well enough to stop taking any of the erectile dysfunction prescriptions that I was taking. Very pricey.

April 19, 2013 11:27 PM
Review by Dr.Feelgood43160: User Rating:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: The first thing I noticed was that my shirts were fitting better, they weren't so tightly fitting anymore. So I weighed myself and I was surprised to see that I had lost 15-17 pounds in the 2-3 months I had been on the Androgel. It took about 2-3 months to find my actual dose. I have noticed way better muscle tone, specially in my chest, shoulders & arms. I am also wearing jeans and shorts more comfortably, they don't fit so tight anymore and don't hurt around my waistline from being so tight. I'm back down to a size 32, much more solid & defined looking and feeling. Lost weight in my neck & face, lost that round looking face, now I have a square jawline and thinner, manlier face. I am able to think more clearly. More solid and longer lasting erections.

April 19, 2013 2:13 AM
Review by Bratman (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: My T-Level was 145 then just two weeks later 135. Then I started loosing bone mass and muscle tone. My Doctor advised me to try Axiron. Only on day two, lifting weights and walking has already become easier to do. Sex drive as always been there. Brain willing, body function not so good. Will post again in two weeks to let you know how things are going. So far though for two days I am happy with results.

April 18, 2013 12:14 AM
Review by PappyJim: User Rating:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I got this after having some trouble performing and just not feeling as good as I used to. As a 91 year old, I don't get around like I used to, but the Androgel brought me back to life in many ways. I feel so much better after taking the 1% gel. I feel like I was back in the 40s again!

April 17, 2013 9:34 PM