User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Delayed Puberty, Male 0 reviews 32 medications

Klinefelter Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postpartum Breast Pain 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Testosterone reviews 315 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Testosterone

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Testim never really got my level up. It was a pain to put on and took forever to dry. I was asked over and over by people what cologne I had on. It became awkward trying to think up something other than having to explain it was testosterone gel... After years of messing with this the doctor recently switched me to Aveed... Too early to determine if this works as hoped but so far it seems less hassle that a gel"

Andrew12345 June 29, 2015

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Just so you guys know its NOT total testosterone that you need to be worried about so much as its your FREE testosterone that really matters. You need to see if your free test is in normal range. You could have a total testosterone of 1200 but if your free test is lower than normal you'll feel like crap. Low energy low libito can't gain muscle etc. On other hand if you had a total testosterone say only 400 but your FREE testosterone is good normal range you'll feel great all around. Everyone posts about TOTAL Testosterone but its the FREE unbound testosterone you need to really worry about. Total testosterone is bound meaningless in the energy libito muscle department were as FREE testosterone takes care of the energy libido muscle departme"

jgunz June 26, 2015

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Terrible. You feel a bump in energy and libido the first 1-2 weeks and then it drops. They up the dose and it happens again. I started at 230 test and went on this drug. It dropped to 198! It does not absorb. That is the problem. And when it does it supposedly becomes DHT which is like a female hormone. The only reason this drug sells is because people are deperate for help."

David37 June 25, 2015

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a two time testicular cancer survivor. My body no longer produces testosterone. I am 30 years old and this will be for the rest of my life. I was on Andro gel for about 2 and a half years. The last I would say 8 months I felt like complete crap. Depression and always tired and lethargic. Didn't feel like doing anything. No motivation for anything. I just had my second round of testopel about a week and a half ago and I love it. The first time I got it I felt the difference within the first week. Same with this second go round. I have more energy. The only problem I have, is that on both times my incision site leaks and one pellet did fall out. Other than that I love this stuff."

Kendo1717 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Wow, Had very low level. Doctor recommended Axiron, This has changed my sex drive for a 69 year old male. I notice the change with in a few weeks went to have sex two or three times a month to three to four times a week have more confidence. Take your time and give it a try."

Brian.. June 1, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 22 years old . I have tried injections (severe lows) axiron (very messy especially as I needed several applications). Now my pharmacist compounds me a cream to use on my abdomen. It is great! Only takes seconds to apply."

Dukeanoffer June 1, 2015

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Insurance forced me to switch from Androgel. Testim STINKS. It takes 15 minutes for it dry and then it's still sticky - and I am in a dry climate. It permeates your clothes and won't even wash out with hot water. I have used 8 tubes and I don't know what I am going to do with the rest. My wife won't stand for this stuff any more!"

sdflyer (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I've had a good experience with androderm patch. No side effects what so ever. It seems to work well. I would recommended it to anyone."

Tracy lhend May 25, 2015

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Testim must have the worst delivery system devised for any medical product. And the gel takes forever to dry.....longer than I can wait. So I go to work unsticking my undershirt from my skin for an hour. It comes in 30 mini-toothpaste tubes. The end must be punctured by the cap that has a point for that purpose. Then you are to squeeze "half" from that little tube and spread it. THEN you put the little tube in your NOW sticky, slimey other hand and squeeze out as much of the rest as possible. There is no way this is cost effective. I was forced to use Testim by my insurance company after 10 years of Androgel gel packs and then the pump........which was perfect. I don't like Testim at all and see no difference medically from Androgel"

MWayMor April 30, 2015

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Tried them all. Few years ago started testim, bad odor and sticky. Then androjel, better. Self-injections, almost too much and I'm 'afraid' of needles self-afflicted. Then back to Testim March 2015 due to insurance. This new Testim absorbs quickly, smell is 100% better than 2 years ago. (Women like, esp older, I'm 52, Some guys notice it but just don't ask). I asked pharmacist about smell. Thought it was added, but he said smell is actually the testosterone. Prob why women take notice. First few days didn't feel right. Headache, stiff neck, etc but all went away. Highly recommend. Good luck."

BobSDCA April 13, 2015

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "So far no side affects and a huge improvment in my sex drive and and less tired."

phill56 April 12, 2015

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have used Testim for more than 5 years and at first hated that it was sticky. The doctor told me to let it dry and then sprinkle powder on it and it solved the issue. Even when I sweat it will not get sticky. It has boosted my levels and I have so much more energy."

WCS1231 April 1, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I was diagnosed with Secondary Hypogonadism. I am 33 years old and the happy father of two. I started treatment a little over two years ago, once we decided we were no longer going to have children. My initial experience was not good, I went on a rollercoaster of ups and downs and experienced high levels of estrogen conversion from my newly introduced normal levels of testosterone. However, the Low T Center carefully monitored all my stats, listened closely to my complaints and concerns, and developed a once a week treatment that WORKS. I am now energetic, happy, can think clearly and concisely, have ZERO moodiness (use to fight with my wife over nothing), and feel NORMAL."

CoronaCA (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2015

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "My Testosterone was 47 and I'm 39. I feel no power and always tired. Before the Androderm I was on Testosterone Cypionate injections. With in 250 for every two weeks my test on Testosterone was going to 1200 total after three months. Fill great, no side effects and all my fat is gone, looks more skinny and muscular. With the Androderm 4 mg I can say it works probably less then half. No side effects but I see more fat again on my budy and no power. Please give me my injections back."

Alexiys March 13, 2015

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a 58 year old. Testopel: Ist insertion 12 pellets was quick, extreme bruising and soreness for a week (remedied with ice 2nd insertion). Expected results were excellent. Like a bell curve for me 1st week waited for levels to come up and they did, improvement in strength and fat loss, slight weight loss (still believe that 95% of this is your eating). After 12 weeks started to notice shift back to perception of low t and at 16 week mark level was under 300. 2nd insertion 14 pellets same results at 12 weeks today and starting to feel same way. Calling Dr. to see if I can get in early after we see blood test."

fritzy124 March 4, 2015

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "When i first started using axiron, it burned for a few minutes. I was afriad this would be the rest of my life. Nope! Two weeks later the burning stopped. I have tried testim, androgel and hated the messy applications, and feared spreading it on my nieces. This goes under my arm and I love it! It is worth the extra 30 dollars from my insurance. I do recommend!"

low T oib (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I like this product, it's the only one that hasn't caused irritation. I do think I need the strength increased a little. I have noticed some change and It has raised my testosterone levels, but they are still not high enough. I still feel lousy. I high recommend it."

cvdixon3031 February 8, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Diabetes high blood sugar can cause testosterone to fall into low levels. Had all of the symptoms of low testosterone before. Was injecting into the right quadricep. Kept getting blood gushers there. Changed the injection location to the upper outside corner of the right glute and got much better results. Blood sugar control and exercise are key to getting optimal results. Also, you HAVE to donate blood every 8 weeks in order to keep the iron levels down (red blood cell count). High iron can lead to serious heart problems. Some blood banks require that you have a prescription from your doctor to donate because the high iron causes the blood to be so thick that it can't be used in a transfusion. Red Cross takes it regardless."

beefcake77 February 1, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Started therapy on Cypionate injections with extremely low metrics and mood symptoms. After four years, I was "up" in more than just mood - libido was back and erectile dysfunction was almost forgotten, muscle mass was improved, body fat was reduced. Then, somebody started a flap about testosterone therapy and heart disease, my Cardiologist did not approve, and the men's clinic wouldn't treat me without his approval. Now, six months off therapy, I am back where I started, and worse; frustrated, angry, semi-incontinent - not a happy boy."

Old guy. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I have had panhypopituitarism for 16 years. I started with patches, then chorionic gonadotropin, then patches again because the Hcg gave me a bad headache. Then I tried shots, also a bad headache. Then my insurance stopped covering the patches, and my doctor switched me to testosterone cream compounded locally. It works better than the patches, but at 75 mg, I lost a huge amount of hair in 2 months. Then I reduced it to 50 mg. and now 40 mg. The hair has stopped falling out, and I think some is growing back. I am 61 years old and having the testosterone level of a young man is not worth going bald for! Frankly, I doubt if anyone really needs more than 50 mg. Just be aware and do not blindly follow your doctor's advice like I did."

John Pio (taken for 10 years or more) January 20, 2015

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Been using for 2 years. Overall, it does what it's supposed to. At 52 I was just feeling out of it. Tired all the time, loss of energy, spare tyre weight gain, and some erectile dysfunction. Tested at 278. Started with shots, and AndroGel combined, then just AndroGel for the last year. The shots were far more effective, and cheaper, but my T levels would go way up then way down before the next shot. The gel keeps it steady. I have lost a lot of waist line, don't need naps anymore, and sex life is back to what it was in my 30s."

M man January 1, 2015

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Within a week I noticed I had more energy to just get stuff done. Tasks at work, hobbies, errands - I just have more energy to get out of bed and do stuff. Then my shriveled up penis went back to it's normal soft 4 inches. After another week or so, I was able to get my normal 8 inch erection again. I don't know what guys did before this medicine was invented. I would have had to get out a magnifying glass. All of a sudden I now feel like I need to do something about the beer belly, and working out feels like it is worth the effort again. Androgel is like the fountain of youth."

Philip9 December 30, 2014

For Gender Dysphoria: "Testosterone will boost your libido, and if there is any gender questioning in the background, this will bring it to the surface hard and fast. I have been on Testopel for several years and I think I received too many pellets. My T shot up to 900. I am now just starting out with a gender councilor to consider transitioning. If you think you have gender dysphoria and are born male, please consider carefully before taking testosterone. I tried to use it to cure my Gender dysphoria and it made it much worse."

Neil---->Marissa (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2014

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "For 9 months I struggled with anxiety, depression, foggy brain, fatigue, low sex drive, loss of morning erections, and general feeling of malaise. Doctor tested my T and came back at 251. I was referred to an endocrinologist and he retested and came back at 189. Prescribed Androgel 1.62% on a 2 month trail and it has been amazing. Within 4-5 days I noticed that the "crashes" that I used to experience daily for 4-5 hours now only lasted 30-60 minutes. After 4 weeks of treatment, the Daily crashes have disappeared. My sex drive is coming back, still not where it should be but I'm optimistic that I'll get there. I have a follow up appointment in a month and I'm looking forward to finding out my levels!"

Sb9780 December 9, 2014

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a 75 Years old male, 5 years at the Gym, fairly muscular. I had a 330 ng/ml total testosterone and I decided to check with the Urologist if I could use this medicine. After few test, he decided to give me the patches that gave rash and not improvement at all. The Doctor started me with the 1% gel - 2 pumps in the morning and the next reading was 207 ng/ml. I went back to his office and he told me, You need more medicine, and put me un Androgel 1.62 % - 4 pumps in the morning for about 3 month. At me surprice the next reading was 440 ng/ml and 3 more month 754 ng/ml. At some point, I ran out of the insurance coverage for this year and I had to reduce to 2 pumps - 1.62 %. Then my testosterone level fell to 220 ng/ml again."

Strong Angel November 22, 2014