Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Delayed Puberty, Male 0 reviews 32 medications

Postpartum Breast Pain 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Testosterone reviews 303 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Testosterone

Review by BobSDCA:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Tried them all. Few years ago started testim, bad odor and sticky. Then androjel, better. Self-injections, almost too much and I'm 'afraid' of needles self-afflicted. Then back to Testim March 2015 due to insurance. This new Testim absorbs quickly, smell is 100% better than 2 years ago. (Women like, esp older, I'm 52, Some guys notice it but just don't ask). I asked pharmacist about smell. Thought it was added, but he said smell is actually the testosterone. Prob why women take notice. First few days didn't feel right. Headache, stiff neck, etc but all went away. Highly recommend. Good luck.

April 13, 2015 7:07 PM

Review by phill56:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: So far no side affects and a huge improvment in my sex drive and and less tired.

April 12, 2015 8:39 AM

Review by WCS1231:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have used Testim for more than 5 years and at first hated that it was sticky. The doctor told me to let it dry and then sprinkle powder on it and it solved the issue. Even when I sweat it will not get sticky. It has boosted my levels and I have so much more energy.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2015 8:25 PM

Review by CoronaCA (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Hypogonadism, Male: I was diagnosed with Secondary Hypogonadism. I am 33 years old and the happy father of two. I started treatment a little over two years ago, once we decided we were no longer going to have children. My initial experience was not good, I went on a rollercoaster of ups and downs and experienced high levels of estrogen conversion from my newly introduced normal levels of testosterone. However, the Low T Center carefully monitored all my stats, listened closely to my complaints and concerns, and developed a once a week treatment that WORKS. I am now energetic, happy, can think clearly and concisely, have ZERO moodiness (use to fight with my wife over nothing), and feel NORMAL.

March 26, 2015 10:06 PM

Review by cvdixon3031:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I like this product, it's the only one that hasn't caused irritation. I do think I need the strength increased a little. I have noticed some change and It has raised my testosterone levels, but they are still not high enough. I still feel lousy. I high recommend it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 9:59 AM

Review by beefcake77:

For Hypogonadism, Male: Diabetes high blood sugar can cause testosterone to fall into low levels. Had all of the symptoms of low testosterone before. Was injecting into the right quadricep. Kept getting blood gushers there. Changed the injection location to the upper outside corner of the right glute and got much better results. Blood sugar control and exercise are key to getting optimal results. Also, you HAVE to donate blood every 8 weeks in order to keep the iron levels down (red blood cell count). High iron can lead to serious heart problems. Some blood banks require that you have a prescription from your doctor to donate because the high iron causes the blood to be so thick that it can't be used in a transfusion. Red Cross takes it regardless.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 6:56 PM

Review by Old guy. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Hypogonadism, Male: Started therapy on Cypionate injections with extremely low metrics and mood symptoms. After four years, I was "up" in more than just mood - libido was back and erectile dysfunction was almost forgotten, muscle mass was improved, body fat was reduced. Then, somebody started a flap about testosterone therapy and heart disease, my Cardiologist did not approve, and the men's clinic wouldn't treat me without his approval. Now, six months off therapy, I am back where I started, and worse; frustrated, angry, semi-incontinent - not a happy boy.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 8:27 PM

Review by John Pio (taken for 10 years or more):

For Hypogonadism, Male: I have had panhypopituitarism for 16 years. I started with patches, then chorionic gonadotropin, then patches again because the Hcg gave me a bad headache. Then I tried shots, also a bad headache. Then my insurance stopped covering the patches, and my doctor switched me to testosterone cream compounded locally. It works better than the patches, but at 75 mg, I lost a huge amount of hair in 2 months. Then I reduced it to 50 mg. and now 40 mg. The hair has stopped falling out, and I think some is growing back. I am 61 years old and having the testosterone level of a young man is not worth going bald for! Frankly, I doubt if anyone really needs more than 50 mg. Just be aware and do not blindly follow your doctor's advice like I did.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 5:17 PM

Review by M man:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Been using for 2 years. Overall, it does what it's supposed to. At 52 I was just feeling out of it. Tired all the time, loss of energy, spare tyre weight gain, and some erectile dysfunction. Tested at 278. Started with shots, and AndroGel combined, then just AndroGel for the last year. The shots were far more effective, and cheaper, but my T levels would go way up then way down before the next shot. The gel keeps it steady. I have lost a lot of waist line, don't need naps anymore, and sex life is back to what it was in my 30s.

January 1, 2015 10:16 AM

Review by Philip9:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Within a week I noticed I had more energy to just get stuff done. Tasks at work, hobbies, errands - I just have more energy to get out of bed and do stuff. Then my shriveled up penis went back to it's normal soft 4 inches. After another week or so, I was able to get my normal 8 inch erection again. I don't know what guys did before this medicine was invented. I would have had to get out a magnifying glass. All of a sudden I now feel like I need to do something about the beer belly, and working out feels like it is worth the effort again. Androgel is like the fountain of youth.

December 30, 2014 10:27 AM

Review by Neil---->Marissa (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Gender Dysphoria: Testosterone will boost your libido, and if there is any gender questioning in the background, this will bring it to the surface hard and fast. I have been on Testopel for several years and I think I received too many pellets. My T shot up to 900. I am now just starting out with a gender councilor to consider transitioning. If you think you have gender dysphoria and are born male, please consider carefully before taking testosterone. I tried to use it to cure my Gender dysphoria and it made it much worse.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by Sb9780:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: For 9 months I struggled with anxiety, depression, foggy brain, fatigue, low sex drive, loss of morning erections, and general feeling of malaise. Doctor tested my T and came back at 251. I was referred to an endocrinologist and he retested and came back at 189. Prescribed Androgel 1.62% on a 2 month trail and it has been amazing. Within 4-5 days I noticed that the "crashes" that I used to experience daily for 4-5 hours now only lasted 30-60 minutes. After 4 weeks of treatment, the Daily crashes have disappeared. My sex drive is coming back, still not where it should be but I'm optimistic that I'll get there. I have a follow up appointment in a month and I'm looking forward to finding out my levels!

December 9, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by Strong Angel:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am a 75 Years old male, 5 years at the Gym, fairly muscular. I had a 330 ng/ml total testosterone and I decided to check with the Urologist if I could use this medicine. After few test, he decided to give me the patches that gave rash and not improvement at all. The Doctor started me with the 1% gel - 2 pumps in the morning and the next reading was 207 ng/ml. I went back to his office and he told me, You need more medicine, and put me un Androgel 1.62 % - 4 pumps in the morning for about 3 month. At me surprice the next reading was 440 ng/ml and 3 more month 754 ng/ml. At some point, I ran out of the insurance coverage for this year and I had to reduce to 2 pumps - 1.62 %. Then my testosterone level fell to 220 ng/ml again.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 3:46 PM

Review by Spring Chicken (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: 42 years old and did not know I had Low Testosterone until about two years ago. I just thought my tired and hum drum attitude was attributed to my "flip flop" shift work. Had my blood checked and found my levels were in the 100-150 levels. Started Fortesta and after several Doctor's visits and screenings to get the dosage right I was doing great. It is a shame that the discount program was discontinued in September of this year due to the generic coming out. My price went from 25 dollars to 100 dollars a month. With my insurance generic is the same as brand name now.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2014 9:37 AM

Review by DjangoMan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Working well so far (on second injection). Less hassle than regular injections or gels and I don't have to worry about transferring it to my girlfriend.

November 20, 2014 1:35 PM

Review by JC - Ocala:

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: At 38, I started noticing that my energy level dropped drastically. I started putting on weight and even though I worked out 4 days a week, I was losing muscle mass. My sex drive dropped and my mood became sour. The strangest thing of all, my Johnson shrunk from 10-1/2" to 9". I couldn't believe what was going on. My Doctor checked my T levels and they were extremely low. I started on Fortesta and in 2 weeks, I was back to like I was when I was 25. The ole Johnson returned to being a beast and my energy level is back to where it was. Thanks Fortesta!

November 2, 2014 12:58 PM

Review by Bavafavagucci:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I had my test level and it was 13 yeah 13 I felt like getting out of bed and going to work almost impossible. I am doing 2 packages a day my level is up to 320 no A rod but feeling better and no problem getting out of bed and working.

October 27, 2014 9:19 PM

Review by Joaofernandes (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Hi, I am Brazilian. So, sorry about my English. I am 57 yo and I started to have a very hard anxiety and depression around 10 years ago. After a lot of diferent antidepressants and anxiolytic medicines that worsened or destroyed my sexual life for almost 10 years I found that I had hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Axiron 6 months ago and my depression and anxiety simply disapeared and I have now a normal life, with much more energy and my sexual life is back. Axiron saved my life.

October 24, 2014 8:32 AM

Review by Cooper II:

For Hypogonadism, Male: I'm only 26 but was at the low normal range and exhibiting every symptom of low testosterone. It runs in my family on my father's side unfortunately. Within a week of taking it all of my mood returned to normal, I'm no longer sleeping more than 7 hours and feeling well rested. I have a ton more self control and can easily diet and exercise. It gave me my life back basically. Only side effect I have is raging a lot but it's manageable, especially since I have a punching bag here.

October 5, 2014 4:49 PM

Review by RupeMc:

Delatestryl (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Went to see Dr due to lethargy, low sex drive, fat gain, muscle loss and general "blah" feeling. 41yr old male. Was prescribed 100mg/week. Self injections. Within 4wks was feeling about 75% better and as time goes by...just keep getting better. Definitely a great medicine.

September 17, 2014 1:38 PM

Review by BR-549 (taken for less than 1 month):

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm a 44 year old diabetic and Dr perscribed Testim 1% gel to treat my Low T level. It was not his 1st choice but my Insurance wouldn't pay for anything else. It came in a box With 30 individual 5g small tubes. The first thing I noticed, right away, was the pungent smell that did not go away when the product evaporated. My wife noticed it and my drycleaner too, who all found it unpleasant. Also, product goes on slimey but drys after about 5 minutes but, If you sweat, it will get slimey & your clothes stick. After 2 weeks, I noticed an increase in energy levels and felt better in general. However, I (nor my family), could not get past the pungent smell. I stopped using this product after about 3 weeks and will ask my Dr to change.

September 4, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by Christopher50000 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

AndroGel (testosterone) for : I used Androgel for many years until my insurance company upped the deductible to $250 for 3 months. Testim is so sticky and doesn't dry quickly like Androgel. I'm on the maximum dosage of each, and my T count dropped from 900 to 700 after switching over. I highly recommend Androgel - it works great!

August 20, 2014 9:31 AM

Review by iam410us (taken for less than 1 month):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: This product is easy to use. I was using the patch. It would come off. Now I don't have to worry about it.

August 16, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by Northern_Guy (taken for less than 1 month):

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have been using this for about three weeks now. There was a big initial "boost" in my energy levels, mood, work performance and all across the board things seemed to get better, and depression seemed to lift quite a bit. It does not stick for me if I delay putting on my shirt for 10-15 minutes and letting it dry. If you're sweating it wily I noticed the smell at first, but now I don't smell it anymore. The only person who noticed was a woman who said she liked the smell. Hmmm. The initial "boost" phase seems to be wearing off now. I am a bit out of shape and am exercising hard - it could be that, or the common issue with the body lowering T in response to an external source increasing it.

July 24, 2014 4:54 PM

Review by Impfac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Works fine but shots are easier

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate