User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Delayed Puberty, Male 0 reviews 32 medications

Postpartum Breast Pain 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Testosterone reviews 297 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Testosterone

Review by cvdixon3031:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I like this product, it's the only one that hasn't caused irritation. I do think I need the strength increased a little. I have noticed some change and It has raised my testosterone levels, but they are still not high enough. I still feel lousy. I high recommend it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 9:59 AM

Review by John Pio (taken for 10 years or more):

For Hypogonadism, Male: I have had panhypopituitarism for 16 years. I started with patches, then chorionic gonadotropin, then patches again because the Hcg gave me a bad headache. Then I tried shots, also a bad headache. Then my insurance stopped covering the patches, and my doctor switched me to testosterone cream compounded locally. It works better than the patches, but at 75 mg, I lost a huge amount of hair in 2 months. Then I reduced it to 50 mg. and now 40 mg. The hair has stopped falling out, and I think some is growing back. I am 61 years old and having the testosterone level of a young man is not worth going bald for! Frankly, I doubt if anyone really needs more than 50 mg. Just be aware and do not blindly follow your doctor's advice like I did.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 5:17 PM

Review by M man:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Been using for 2 years. Overall, it does what it's supposed to. At 52 I was just feeling out of it. Tired all the time, loss of energy, spare tyre weight gain, and some erectile dysfunction. Tested at 278. Started with shots, and AndroGel combined, then just AndroGel for the last year. The shots were far more effective, and cheaper, but my T levels would go way up then way down before the next shot. The gel keeps it steady. I have lost a lot of waist line, don't need naps anymore, and sex life is back to what it was in my 30s.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2015 10:16 AM

Review by Philip9:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Within a week I noticed I had more energy to just get stuff done. Tasks at work, hobbies, errands - I just have more energy to get out of bed and do stuff. Then my shriveled up penis went back to it's normal soft 4 inches. After another week or so, I was able to get my normal 8 inch erection again. I don't know what guys did before this medicine was invented. I would have had to get out a magnifying glass. All of a sudden I now feel like I need to do something about the beer belly, and working out feels like it is worth the effort again. Androgel is like the fountain of youth.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2014 10:27 AM

Review by Neil---->Marissa (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Gender Dysphoria: Testosterone will boost your libido, and if there is any gender questioning in the background, this will bring it to the surface hard and fast. I have been on Testopel for several years and I think I received too many pellets. My T shot up to 900. I am now just starting out with a gender councilor to consider transitioning. If you think you have gender dysphoria and are born male, please consider carefully before taking testosterone. I tried to use it to cure my Gender dysphoria and it made it much worse.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by Sb9780:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: For 9 months I struggled with anxiety, depression, foggy brain, fatigue, low sex drive, loss of morning erections, and general feeling of malaise. Doctor tested my T and came back at 251. I was referred to an endocrinologist and he retested and came back at 189. Prescribed Androgel 1.62% on a 2 month trail and it has been amazing. Within 4-5 days I noticed that the "crashes" that I used to experience daily for 4-5 hours now only lasted 30-60 minutes. After 4 weeks of treatment, the Daily crashes have disappeared. My sex drive is coming back, still not where it should be but I'm optimistic that I'll get there. I have a follow up appointment in a month and I'm looking forward to finding out my levels!

December 9, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by Strong Angel:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am a 75 Years old male, 5 years at the Gym, fairly muscular. I had a 330 ng/ml total testosterone and I decided to check with the Urologist if I could use this medicine. After few test, he decided to give me the patches that gave rash and not improvement at all. The Doctor started me with the 1% gel - 2 pumps in the morning and the next reading was 207 ng/ml. I went back to his office and he told me, You need more medicine, and put me un Androgel 1.62 % - 4 pumps in the morning for about 3 month. At me surprice the next reading was 440 ng/ml and 3 more month 754 ng/ml. At some point, I ran out of the insurance coverage for this year and I had to reduce to 2 pumps - 1.62 %. Then my testosterone level fell to 220 ng/ml again.

November 22, 2014 3:46 PM

Review by Spring Chicken (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: 42 years old and did not know I had Low Testosterone until about two years ago. I just thought my tired and hum drum attitude was attributed to my "flip flop" shift work. Had my blood checked and found my levels were in the 100-150 levels. Started Fortesta and after several Doctor's visits and screenings to get the dosage right I was doing great. It is a shame that the discount program was discontinued in September of this year due to the generic coming out. My price went from 25 dollars to 100 dollars a month. With my insurance generic is the same as brand name now.

November 21, 2014 9:37 AM

Review by DjangoMan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Working well so far (on second injection). Less hassle than regular injections or gels and I don't have to worry about transferring it to my girlfriend.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 1:35 PM

Review by JC - Ocala:

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: At 38, I started noticing that my energy level dropped drastically. I started putting on weight and even though I worked out 4 days a week, I was losing muscle mass. My sex drive dropped and my mood became sour. The strangest thing of all, my Johnson shrunk from 10-1/2" to 9". I couldn't believe what was going on. My Doctor checked my T levels and they were extremely low. I started on Fortesta and in 2 weeks, I was back to like I was when I was 25. The ole Johnson returned to being a beast and my energy level is back to where it was. Thanks Fortesta!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 12:58 PM

Review by Bavafavagucci:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I had my test level and it was 13 yeah 13 I felt like getting out of bed and going to work almost impossible. I am doing 2 packages a day my level is up to 320 no A rod but feeling better and no problem getting out of bed and working.

October 27, 2014 9:19 PM

Review by Joaofernandes (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Hi, I am Brazilian. So, sorry about my English. I am 57 yo and I started to have a very hard anxiety and depression around 10 years ago. After a lot of diferent antidepressants and anxiolytic medicines that worsened or destroyed my sexual life for almost 10 years I found that I had hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Axiron 6 months ago and my depression and anxiety simply disapeared and I have now a normal life, with much more energy and my sexual life is back. Axiron saved my life.

October 24, 2014 8:32 AM

Review by Cooper II:

For Hypogonadism, Male: I'm only 26 but was at the low normal range and exhibiting every symptom of low testosterone. It runs in my family on my father's side unfortunately. Within a week of taking it all of my mood returned to normal, I'm no longer sleeping more than 7 hours and feeling well rested. I have a ton more self control and can easily diet and exercise. It gave me my life back basically. Only side effect I have is raging a lot but it's manageable, especially since I have a punching bag here.

October 5, 2014 4:49 PM

Review by RupeMc:

Delatestryl (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Went to see Dr due to lethargy, low sex drive, fat gain, muscle loss and general "blah" feeling. 41yr old male. Was prescribed 100mg/week. Self injections. Within 4wks was feeling about 75% better and as time goes by...just keep getting better. Definitely a great medicine.

September 17, 2014 1:38 PM

Review by BR-549 (taken for less than 1 month):

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm a 44 year old diabetic and Dr perscribed Testim 1% gel to treat my Low T level. It was not his 1st choice but my Insurance wouldn't pay for anything else. It came in a box With 30 individual 5g small tubes. The first thing I noticed, right away, was the pungent smell that did not go away when the product evaporated. My wife noticed it and my drycleaner too, who all found it unpleasant. Also, product goes on slimey but drys after about 5 minutes but, If you sweat, it will get slimey & your clothes stick. After 2 weeks, I noticed an increase in energy levels and felt better in general. However, I (nor my family), could not get past the pungent smell. I stopped using this product after about 3 weeks and will ask my Dr to change.

September 4, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by Christopher50000 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

AndroGel (testosterone) for : I used Androgel for many years until my insurance company upped the deductible to $250 for 3 months. Testim is so sticky and doesn't dry quickly like Androgel. I'm on the maximum dosage of each, and my T count dropped from 900 to 700 after switching over. I highly recommend Androgel - it works great!

August 20, 2014 9:31 AM

Review by iam410us (taken for less than 1 month):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: This product is easy to use. I was using the patch. It would come off. Now I don't have to worry about it.

August 16, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by Northern_Guy (taken for less than 1 month):

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have been using this for about three weeks now. There was a big initial "boost" in my energy levels, mood, work performance and all across the board things seemed to get better, and depression seemed to lift quite a bit. It does not stick for me if I delay putting on my shirt for 10-15 minutes and letting it dry. If you're sweating it wily I noticed the smell at first, but now I don't smell it anymore. The only person who noticed was a woman who said she liked the smell. Hmmm. The initial "boost" phase seems to be wearing off now. I am a bit out of shape and am exercising hard - it could be that, or the common issue with the body lowering T in response to an external source increasing it.

July 24, 2014 4:54 PM

Review by Impfac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Works fine but shots are easier

June 27, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by Buthead50 (taken for less than 1 month):

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm 50, I quit drinking 3 years ago, and have been on meds for high blood pressure, and high Cholesterol. I had shoulder surgery in January, and the pain has been terrible. I have been taking pain meds. I have had no desire, or no ability to perform sexually over the past couple years. My doctor tested and my T was only 100. Extremely low. He started me on the patch, and after 3 days, I haven't noticed much change, I'm hoping it kicks in, and I get the results I am looking for. My insurance does cover all but $30, so that's a plus. Hoping for the best.

June 9, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by Stanton D.:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am 70 and after blood test was told by my doctor that my testosterone level was very low compared to my last test 5 years earlier. I was not getting erections very much at all, could not get off when I did, was pretty stressed, irritable, and just not feeling very up. I've been on Axiron for 5 weeks and things have changed remarkably. I get horny a lot, get erections at least once a day (4 times one day), can have orgasms more often, feel more relaxed, less stressed out, and noticeably less irritable. I go back to the doctor in two weeks for the latest blood test results. The blood was drawn two weeks ago. I only have one complaint about the medicine...the cost. I'm not sure I can afford it continuously, and I don't have Medicare B.

June 9, 2014 3:24 PM

Review by Cherno (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Gender Dysphoria: Being on testosterone has completely changed my life for the better. I no longer suffer from extreme psychological distress associated with my condition. The only thing I don't like about it is having to inject myself once a week for the rest of my life. My doctor does not have the time to do it. I have thought about switching to gel but at 20x the cost, it isn't worth it. I have been on testosterone for almost 4 years and self-injecting for 3.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2014 2:26 PM

Review by Brooklyguywithhope (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am 54 and been using patches 2 years, Testosterone is back from 190 to 400 on average; energy is back plus good marital functioning, if you know what I mean. I notice sometimes they do not stick well if water gets under it and do not place it on a body part with lots of motion. The longer you use it the better the result. My facial hair has filled out much more. Just make sure your MD does a CBC to make sure you do not have too much red blood cell production.

May 16, 2014 1:25 PM

Review by Middle aged male RN (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I knew I was having low T and had it checked; won't bore you with the details but it was extremely low. About four hours after applying Androgel I felt a surge of well being, almost giddy! Over a few days it levelled out and my previous moodiness, tiredness was much improved. Worked great for a year, then insurance stopped covering Androgel. I switched to Fortesta. At four months I just felt like it wasn't doing enough, and asked the doctor to increase my dose. He did, then at one year my testosterone level was only 150! For some strange reason, I just don't absorb Fortesta. I don't want to deal with the smell of Testim and, so I'm starting shots soon. Can tell when I'm low!

May 13, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Gilltoyed:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I was on Axiron for 11 months using three pumps per day, after a while I began having adverse effects in the form of out of control libido and uncontrollable desires that I had never had before. During the time my Dr. never tested me so I have no idea where I was at. Some men may think this is ok, but the side effects on me where horrible.

May 2, 2014 3:11 PM