User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, Duratest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Delayed Puberty, Male 1 reviews 32 medications

Hypogonadism, Male 350 reviews 62 medications

7.5
Gender Dysphoria 2 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Testosterone reviews 353 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Testosterone

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Androgel gave me a rash and my doctor prescribed this to me. I am supposed to apply 2 tubes but this is simple disgusting. It has a very strong sweet odor that never leaves your body. I absolutely hate it, everywhere I go I reek of this smell. Not sure what genius thought of this idea that something that has to be applied by millions people is supposed to have a fragrance. Secondly and this is bad too, it's disgusting to put on compared to androgel. It's more sticky / oily and never fully gets in the skin. I keep rubbing it for 10 minutes and still the outer layer of my skin is greasy and it never dries. It will probably work but I am going back on injections as I can't get over the smell / substance issues."

DonnieDP (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Looking at these different reviews I have to make a comment. I was placed on low T therapy in 2005. Tried Testim & Androgel, couldn't tolerate them, was refererred to a compounding pharmacy who produce whats called a bio identical testosterone gel, measured dose with a small spoon and applied to the skin, in my case upper forearms. Works great, no skin irritation, dries in a couple minutes, not sticky, clear in color, slight alcohol smell, bad thing insurance won't cover it, good thing it currently only costs $48. For a 30 day supply. Been using it now for 10 years.. might not be for everyone but worth a try if you are not getting positive results with the other products.."

oldguyaz (taken for 10 years or more) May 29, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Was forced to use Testim gel as my new insurance would not cover Fortesta or Androgel. This stuff is disgusting. NEVER completely dries...If I apply in the morning, even after an hour wait, my shirt sticks to me like glue. If I apply at night, MY SHEETS STICK TO ME. Smells terrible, extremely difficult to apply (comes in small metal tubes and nearly impossible to get it all out) and worst of all, did not raise my testosterone levels significantly. I dreaded applying this."

stickyone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 6, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Started using this less than a week ago. I've done test inj in the past and worked out and got dramatic results. Now that I'm older (48), my test is low, 208, my Dr prescribed Androgel, but insurance only covers Testim. Personally, I think it smells like Lysol. I am feeling better but hate the application process and the stickiness off my skin afterward. If my levels don't bump up on my next round of blood tests, I'm going to go to a urologist and see about getting the pellets put in."

jbrown9999 April 10, 2016

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "39 yo male. Diagnosed with hypogonadism following a rather rapid loss of erections in Nov. 2015. Unable to maintain a normal erection. Loss of libido. Doctor found low testosterone as the issue. Levels were between 175 and 275; free testosterone at 6.2. I was prescribed Androderm 2mg patches and wore them for three weeks. Brought my T levels up to 350. My urologist upgraded me to the 4mg patch and wore those for approximately 2 weeks. While on the 2mg patch I noted irritation at the site beginning after about 7-10 days. I was rotating application sites as instructed but the reaction continued to get worse. Ended up switching to Axiron because the reaction to the patches was becoming severe/extreme. I was covered in itchy spots."

Sculler00 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "The stinking smell! Ugh. After I apply this gel (which for me dries quickly), I smell like I have women's perfume on all day. The smell does not diminish. I mean what are they thinking? You make a product for men with low T and then some genius in the lab decides to add a feminine scent to it? I am sure they are having a good laugh over that one. That said, beside the Chanel No. 5 scent, I do feel better after taking it now for two weeks. I have not had labs done yet, but I have noticed a change. I am going to try and change to something else, however, my insurance company made me jump through hoops to get it, but I just can't stand the smell."

WillnFLA April 5, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 54. Over the past seven years I have tried several medications. Beginning in 2009 with a compound cream. I stopped using the compound because I no longer felt that the pharmacy was mixing properly - no effects. I switched to Axiron - no effect and messy. I went to Androgel, then Fortesta, couldn't really identify the feeling that I was looking for. I do realize that the free testosterone was the issue. During 2015 I didn't take any at all as I was out of the country. I developed gynocomastia - as a result of too much estrogen. Before I left, I started taking Testim - which seemd good. However, the insurance company sent me a letter saying that they would not cover anymore. I had to take one of the others. I want to try injections."

Maverickman March 29, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 42 and I have been on 60mg Axiron for 6 weeks. Initial total T was 240 with all the symptoms of low T. Today my total is 840 and free is 248. I feel fantastic. The first couple of days were tough as my body adjusted. The only down side for me is the minor alcohol irritation after application but well worth it. Initially starting this medication my skin was oily, libido was out of control, my facial hair seemed to grow in within minutes, I was retaining water and my scrotum shriveled up. After a week or so everything returned to "normal". No back hair or sudden muscle bulk. No gyno or roid rage. The product works great for me and I was shocked as it seems everyone likes bashing the topicals and raving about injections."

J73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been suffering negative physical effects brought on by extremely low testosterone. Several months ago my doctor performed a blood test substantiating yet again this to be factual. CVS Caremark who is in bed with CalPERS created a situation where I was forced to use AXIRON. CVS Caremark basis for creating a situation where I was to use AXIRON to treat my low T is based on them changing their formularies. Their formularies and creating a situation where I was using AXIRON have caused me further physical harm. After several months of correctly applying AXIRON blood test substantiate that my testosterone levels dropped off substantially. I'm pissed off. AXIRON is a junk product. "

AXIRON is worthless February 25, 2016

For Delayed Puberty, Male: "I started taken testo gel 13 months ago. I'm a 31 year old male, I had a noticeable difference in the first 3 months, I felt more energetic, happier, less inclined to sit about, morning wood & got bigger, started losing weight, now it's been 13 months and things couldn't be better, really love this stuff. I'm on two sachets a day, rub them on my abdomen & is its free in the uk. Can't believe how much u have to pay! No issues with pain whatsoever"

Dave182182 February 11, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "After first couple days, it felt as if it made a difference but that could've just been psychosomatic effects. Basically, I haven't noticed any improvements in myself. If anything I have had a slight decrease in my mood, energy levels and overall motivation. I will continue using the product for at least another month and in in the meantime get my levels checked to see if I'm getting any sort of benefit to using this product. I will provide an update by next month."

Eli7 February 11, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "In October of 2015, I am 65, I had a low normal t level of 362 and low libido. My urologist prescribed Axiron, one swipe a day. After a month, it went up, but only to 429. He said I could move the dose up to two swipes a day. One month later, in mid December, my T level had gone down to 407. After some disappointment, I decided to keep at it for another month. Today, February 9,2016, I got the results of the lab work from last week. It is 407! I did not know why I was getting no results. Am I the only person who has gotten no response from this product?. What could account for this,even at increased dosage? I have heard of a nasal spray, but I don't know if it is available. Anyone with a like experience or suggestions"

Robertintennessee (taken for 10 years or more) February 9, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Axiron works great. After 2 months my my T levels were between 400 and 500. Sadly, my insurance won't cover it anymore and now I'm force to find a new option because I can't afford $500 a month out of pocket."

J J B (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia) then started suffering from having no drive, depression etc. My Dr. said to try Androgel 1.62% which he prescribed, gradually I started feeling better, now, 10 months after starting Androgel I no longer suffer the psychological problems which is a big, big help. This stuff cost so so much - for 2 bottles of 1.62% pump, it is 985$. The price is ridiculous!!"

iflylow9 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "severe blurred vision, frequent urination day & night, abdominal discomfort."

josephplus February 3, 2016

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I've been on TRT for 10 years, was managed well initially with injections, saw a new MD who switched me to testopel. I have not had a great response, I am on maximal dosage 2 compounded pellets added. The levels of Free T I achieve are only good for about a month to month and a half post implant. It has been a year since starting them, I do not like them and will request to return to injections. This is just my experience, I understand it works well for many others. My T levels total when diagnosed was 54 ng/dl. I have crashed multiple times going below 90 twice."

Thor Norman January 21, 2016

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "On 4th shot cannot not tell anything. Not worth the money. Better off to get a shot every 2 weeks ( a lot better) a least I felt better."

Bama1973 January 12, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I tried Andro-Gel for about 6-8 months. I did not help testosterone (free) stayed about( 200-220) My doctor started me on Testosterone Enanthate injections about 3 months. I have felt morning wood adn some increased energy, no weight loss per say. I had lab work done last week so will see how levels have changed. So far not much improvement in the sex dept with wife though. I am 65 and will keep trying."

Pelican213 December 19, 2015

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I stayed it after finding I was very low on T. Started at 4 pumps and went up and felt great, a year later my levels were dropping. Doc increased me to 6 pumps and it did nothing. Now he's taking me off it because it seems it's caused my hemoglobin to go way high and at risk for a stroke or heart attack."

Oldmissouriboy (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2015

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Way too itchy, I can barely leave it on, I tried it for a week straight, and at the end of the week where I had the patches started to bubble up like a blister. Extremely painful for prolonged use."

RobinHood000006 December 10, 2015

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "After 3 months, I have seen no effects whatsoever, except for a slight increase in appetite. I have achieved no increase in weight loss despite strict diet and work-out regimes. No sexual desire increase. NO confidence or focus changes. Completely without benefit at this point in time."

JimmyOOOOOO November 20, 2015

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Was reluctant to use Testim after all the negative reviews. Worst part is trying to get all out of the tube. Bought a tube key and this helps. No smell, drys before I finish shaving and brushing my teeth. Energy level is up along with sex drive. Will see next month after blood test if need to up amount."

gravity003 October 25, 2015

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have age-related low T ( age 69). Turns back the clock to about 40 (mentally maybe 18. I see beautiful women everywhere.) Enables me to retain the active life I want for sports, sex and creative enthusiasm in my work. The procedure is briefly painful with an antibiotic shot on one side and anesthesia shot before the pellets. Some slight ache at the site for a few days and a small lump that owly disappears over 3-4 months. My very careful urologist repeats labs for T levels and PSA for safety and medical necessity before each repeat. Medicare covers only 6 pellets every 90 days. I pay $4-500 for an extra 4. Well worth it to me to get back the life I want."

GreenEyeLover October 25, 2015

Testim (testosterone) for : "Insurance made me switch from Androgel to Testim. This stuff smells, requires the application of a huge quantity and takes something close to an hour to dry. Oh and that weird, sickly smell, doesn't come off in the shower. I have no idea how effective it is yet, but it's definitely the worst. I loathe the idea of putting this on everyday. It's making me miserable"

IhateUnitedHealthcare (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male: "PLEASE TRY Clomid first (it helps your body use and start the cycle by it self) injection should be the last route. also if you have low T make sure to do MRI (in my case the doctor was hesitant to do MRI, but we did and found a pituitary tumor), T just doesn't reduce something is wrong with the body , find out what, just don't take injections immediately. visit a endocrinologist."

Mohammad Siddiqui October 9, 2015