User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Delayed Puberty, Male 0 reviews 32 medications

Klinefelter Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postpartum Breast Pain 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Testosterone reviews 315 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Testosterone

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "42 years old and did not know I had Low Testosterone until about two years ago. I just thought my tired and hum drum attitude was attributed to my "flip flop" shift work. Had my blood checked and found my levels were in the 100-150 levels. Started Fortesta and after several Doctor's visits and screenings to get the dosage right I was doing great. It is a shame that the discount program was discontinued in September of this year due to the generic coming out. My price went from 25 dollars to 100 dollars a month. With my insurance generic is the same as brand name now."

Spring Chicken (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2014

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Working well so far (on second injection). Less hassle than regular injections or gels and I don't have to worry about transferring it to my girlfriend."

DjangoMan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2014

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "At 38, I started noticing that my energy level dropped drastically. I started putting on weight and even though I worked out 4 days a week, I was losing muscle mass. My sex drive dropped and my mood became sour. The strangest thing of all, my Johnson shrunk from 10-1/2" to 9". I couldn't believe what was going on. My Doctor checked my T levels and they were extremely low. I started on Fortesta and in 2 weeks, I was back to like I was when I was 25. The ole Johnson returned to being a beast and my energy level is back to where it was. Thanks Fortesta!"

JC - Ocala November 2, 2014

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had my test level and it was 13 yeah 13 I felt like getting out of bed and going to work almost impossible. I am doing 2 packages a day my level is up to 320 no A rod but feeling better and no problem getting out of bed and working."

Bavafavagucci October 27, 2014

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Hi, I am Brazilian. So, sorry about my English. I am 57 yo and I started to have a very hard anxiety and depression around 10 years ago. After a lot of diferent antidepressants and anxiolytic medicines that worsened or destroyed my sexual life for almost 10 years I found that I had hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Axiron 6 months ago and my depression and anxiety simply disapeared and I have now a normal life, with much more energy and my sexual life is back. Axiron saved my life."

Joaofernandes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I'm only 26 but was at the low normal range and exhibiting every symptom of low testosterone. It runs in my family on my father's side unfortunately. Within a week of taking it all of my mood returned to normal, I'm no longer sleeping more than 7 hours and feeling well rested. I have a ton more self control and can easily diet and exercise. It gave me my life back basically. Only side effect I have is raging a lot but it's manageable, especially since I have a punching bag here."

Cooper II October 5, 2014

Delatestryl (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Went to see Dr due to lethargy, low sex drive, fat gain, muscle loss and general "blah" feeling. 41yr old male. Was prescribed 100mg/week. Self injections. Within 4wks was feeling about 75% better and as time goes by...just keep getting better. Definitely a great medicine."

RupeMc September 17, 2014

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I'm a 44 year old diabetic and Dr perscribed Testim 1% gel to treat my Low T level. It was not his 1st choice but my Insurance wouldn't pay for anything else. It came in a box With 30 individual 5g small tubes. The first thing I noticed, right away, was the pungent smell that did not go away when the product evaporated. My wife noticed it and my drycleaner too, who all found it unpleasant. Also, product goes on slimey but drys after about 5 minutes but, If you sweat, it will get slimey & your clothes stick. After 2 weeks, I noticed an increase in energy levels and felt better in general. However, I (nor my family), could not get past the pungent smell. I stopped using this product after about 3 weeks and will ask my Dr to change."

BR-549 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2014

AndroGel (testosterone) for : "I used Androgel for many years until my insurance company upped the deductible to $250 for 3 months. Testim is so sticky and doesn't dry quickly like Androgel. I'm on the maximum dosage of each, and my T count dropped from 900 to 700 after switching over. I highly recommend Androgel - it works great!"

Christopher50000 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2014

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "This product is easy to use. I was using the patch. It would come off. Now I don't have to worry about it."

iam410us (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2014

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been using this for about three weeks now. There was a big initial "boost" in my energy levels, mood, work performance and all across the board things seemed to get better, and depression seemed to lift quite a bit. It does not stick for me if I delay putting on my shirt for 10-15 minutes and letting it dry. If you're sweating it wily I noticed the smell at first, but now I don't smell it anymore. The only person who noticed was a woman who said she liked the smell. Hmmm. The initial "boost" phase seems to be wearing off now. I am a bit out of shape and am exercising hard - it could be that, or the common issue with the body lowering T in response to an external source increasing it."

Northern_Guy (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2014

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Works fine but shots are easier"

Impfac (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2014

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I'm 50, I quit drinking 3 years ago, and have been on meds for high blood pressure, and high Cholesterol. I had shoulder surgery in January, and the pain has been terrible. I have been taking pain meds. I have had no desire, or no ability to perform sexually over the past couple years. My doctor tested and my T was only 100. Extremely low. He started me on the patch, and after 3 days, I haven't noticed much change, I'm hoping it kicks in, and I get the results I am looking for. My insurance does cover all but $30, so that's a plus. Hoping for the best."

Buthead50 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2014

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 70 and after blood test was told by my doctor that my testosterone level was very low compared to my last test 5 years earlier. I was not getting erections very much at all, could not get off when I did, was pretty stressed, irritable, and just not feeling very up. I've been on Axiron for 5 weeks and things have changed remarkably. I get horny a lot, get erections at least once a day (4 times one day), can have orgasms more often, feel more relaxed, less stressed out, and noticeably less irritable. I go back to the doctor in two weeks for the latest blood test results. The blood was drawn two weeks ago. I only have one complaint about the medicine...the cost. I'm not sure I can afford it continuously, and I don't have Medicare B."

Stanton D. June 9, 2014

For Gender Dysphoria: "Being on testosterone has completely changed my life for the better. I no longer suffer from extreme psychological distress associated with my condition. The only thing I don't like about it is having to inject myself once a week for the rest of my life. My doctor does not have the time to do it. I have thought about switching to gel but at 20x the cost, it isn't worth it. I have been on testosterone for almost 4 years and self-injecting for 3."

Cherno (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 6, 2014

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 54 and been using patches 2 years, Testosterone is back from 190 to 400 on average; energy is back plus good marital functioning, if you know what I mean. I notice sometimes they do not stick well if water gets under it and do not place it on a body part with lots of motion. The longer you use it the better the result. My facial hair has filled out much more. Just make sure your MD does a CBC to make sure you do not have too much red blood cell production."

Brooklyguywithhope (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2014

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I knew I was having low T and had it checked; won't bore you with the details but it was extremely low. About four hours after applying Androgel I felt a surge of well being, almost giddy! Over a few days it levelled out and my previous moodiness, tiredness was much improved. Worked great for a year, then insurance stopped covering Androgel. I switched to Fortesta. At four months I just felt like it wasn't doing enough, and asked the doctor to increase my dose. He did, then at one year my testosterone level was only 150! For some strange reason, I just don't absorb Fortesta. I don't want to deal with the smell of Testim and, so I'm starting shots soon. Can tell when I'm low!"

Middle aged male RN (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2014

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I was on Axiron for 11 months using three pumps per day, after a while I began having adverse effects in the form of out of control libido and uncontrollable desires that I had never had before. During the time my Dr. never tested me so I have no idea where I was at. Some men may think this is ok, but the side effects on me where horrible."

Gilltoyed May 2, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Testosterone Cypionate - Lost ability to recover from workouts, experiencing tiredness, and loss of libido in mid-40s. Doctor tested testosterone level, which was only 180. Began injections every 3 weeks and my outlook on life changed almost immediately."

mpsprowl (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 28, 2014

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Having used Axiron for 20 months, I thought I'd let you know of my continued good feeling, no adverse effects, most things seem beneficial. I seem to have gotten a bit thicker in size, no increase in length however. My testicles, which shrunk in size at the beginning of treatment, seem to have returned to their original size, thankfully ! I now have a hairy belly, above my normal pubic area up to my navel... this area prior to treatment was as smooth as my palms and now I'm developing a happy trail. Perhaps I went through puberty with Low T levels.. my numbers have gone from 293 to 554 to 570 and last was 663. Two squirts daily, one applied approximately 7am after showering and again at 7pm."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2014

Depo-Testosterone (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had suffered from anxiety and depression (suicidal grade) since I was a boy. I first began taking anti-depressants at age 12. My doctor had a chart in her office about low T, it listed 10 symptoms. I had all 10. I asked her to prescribe it. So, she did all of the required tests. I was within the average range. 7 years later same results, I am now 48. Finally in January of 2014, I said that I would chance any side effect. My tests had come back normal yet again. But, she did prescribe it. I woke up on day 14 with NO depression or anxiety. What can I say, 48 years of existing and my brain chemistry is now great. My energy level is incredible and depression simply doesn't happen. It is quite a miracle. Get it!"

Would highly recommend (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2014

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I haven't really noticed any energy, mood or body changes. I just now that when I see my lab results the stuff works. Also, I have women ask me quite often what cologne I am wearing. They say it smells sooooo good!"

Philbert68 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2014

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "You are not going to get immediate results with Testopel. It took me 17 days last time before I felt like a champ. You just have to give Testopel some time and you will throw rocks at gels and shots. I have insurance that pays for most all of mine but I would definitely not be on Testopel if I didn't just because it cost so much."

bkbrian27 February 26, 2014

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I'm 20 years old, 6 months ago I did two testosterone tests and it was below 20mg yeah 20 mg. My doctor put me on Androgel 1.62% 2 pumps a day, after 6 months I feel a lot better, I have erections now. I gained muscles and hair all over my body, I started to grow a little beard and I feel that I have better energy, I don't have depression anymore, my libido became very high, I went to my doctor last week to check my testosterone that I did, my testosterone levels now are 1090 mg. He was surprised and he told me to reduce to 1 pump a day. And yes my voice became very deep."

JOe1812 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2014

Depo-Testosterone (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a 43 year old that works out 5 times a week for 1-1.5 hours each time. Woke up one morning about 3 months ago and felt like somebody turned off a switch in my body, no real desire for sex but after a lot of foreplay able to somewhat achieve an erection but not really hard. Went to Dr and testosterone of 188. Started on Depo Testosterone by IM injection in gluteus and 4 hours after first dose was able to achieve an erection that I would describe at times as almost a little painful due to how hard I was and able to perform 4 times that day with wife. Not sure of effects at gym yet due to only being the 3rd day since beginning shot- 200mg every other week. Didn't have any of the other issues ie depression, anxiety, lethargy prior."

Hedmed February 17, 2014