User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Gender Dysphoria 1 reviews 0 medications

Postpartum Breast Pain 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Testosterone reviews 282 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Testosterone

Review by Cheerokeecheif (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I felt drained went to doc and they tested me for testosterone. Was at 132. Been taking Fortesta 75 days now. Had lab results show today at 90. Dropped 42 for whatever reason. Still feel like crap. Have an appointment next Monday to see what doc thinks. I am doing 4 pumps of Fortesta a day since start, feel worse now than ever.

December 10, 2013 6:54 PM

Review by Axiron user:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I've been using Axiron for a year now and have mostly enjoyed the results. My T level was 293 before starting Axiron & now is roughly 570 at quarterly blood tests. I've experienced the good results, alertness, happiness and an overall feeling of well being. I also take 125 mcg of Thyroid med every morning for hypothyroidism, my Cholestorol is 118, down from 400. I have no complaints about Axiron except what has happened to my testicles. They were big, and hung down nicely. I noticed after about 5 months on Axiron that they weren't hanging down as normal, but I chalked that up to age, more than using Axiron for my TRT..... after paying closer attention, I now have testicles that are about 60% of their pre-Axiron size.

December 5, 2013 7:21 PM

Review by Happy Bears fan:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: 45 year old male. Healthy but fat. Falling Libido, no energy, no joy of life, cranky, lack of focus and gaining weight. Fatigue so high it was hard to get out of bed. T levels 170. I have been on Axiron for 60 days. Wow what a difference. First few days I had some nausea and cramping, mood improvement was next followed by increased energy and screaming boost in libido. Wife now dreads the new me, she thought she was done running away and keeping me off her. Back in the Gym after 30 days. Still going 3 days a week doing 45 min of Cardio and 15 min weight lifting. Not a lot but for me its huge improvement. Insurace wants to talk to my Doctor about my need. This product is awesome and I will fight to keep it.

December 4, 2013 2:23 PM

Review by toolbox44 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: From my research, the absorption rate depends on the person quite a bit. I'm on Androgel 3 pumps right now (orig. T-level 218 on 338 - 1000 scale). I'm feeling better but not as good as the trial pack of Testim. Just to be sure I was remembering correctly, I used the 3 remaining tubes of Testim recently, and my energy was much better (did not need any naps during the day.) After going back to 3 pumps Androgel, I felt energy level drop. Since my insurance covers only Androgel and Foresta, I'm going to ask Dr. about switching to Foresta next visit since I do not seem to be absorbing the Androgel very well. If Testim smelled better, I'd be on the phone with the insurance to see if we could work out a deal.

November 26, 2013 9:45 AM

Review by toolbox44 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm 44 and recently asked my doctor to test for testosterone levels. It turned out that I was 218 on a 338 to 1000 scale. My urologist started me on Testim trial pack, but insurance only covered for Androgel and Foresta. Switched to Androgel 1/2 way through the trial pack. I could tell a dip in energy when I switched to Androgel. At 2 pumps per day for a month T-level 238 - feel better but not as good as Testim. From what I can tell, it depends on the persons absorption level. Some people are better with one medicine over another. I'm going to try Foresta at next Dr. visit since I'm not seeing a difference with 3 pumps.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2013 9:37 AM

Review by Dan67 (taken for less than 1 month):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: 46 year old male - count 238. I pump under each arm. I've only been on this for 4 days now so I can't say how effective it is yet - I am having side effect after side effect however with each day being different. To sum it all up though: Nausea - day 1 and 2 Rapid heartbeat - Day 1 only Induced asthma attacks ( haven't had one in years) Days 1 and 2 Odd/sour taste in mouth - days 3 and 4 RAGE - day 4 (I wanted to drive over everyone on the highway!) and the worst: Day 4 - upper abdominal bloating. So bad it feels like someone added 50 pounds to my upper abs. Now it wasn't all bad - Day 3 I felt GREAT with the exception of the odd taste in my mouth. I told my doctor yesterday of the symptoms up to that point and he said they should pass

November 22, 2013 9:02 PM

Review by cen1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: 45 year old, Healthcare Professional, Low Testosterone for about 3 years and have tried injections and Androgel with limited success. Started Testim in May and my numbers have actually been so high that I had to cut down dose or dose every other day. Huge muscle mass gain and weight loss, > 35lbs in 3 months with diet and exercise, (I'm sure the Testim helped), no after work naps anymore. Be sure to check T and E2 levels regularly but this is the THE best topical testosterone you can get as far as absorption. Smell is a complete non-issue and most who even smell it, love it. A bit sticky but easily, easily manageable. First T levels were 1100 with a free T of 250, (both too high).

November 20, 2013 12:46 PM

Review by MrPick (taken for less than 1 month):

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I been on the 1% packets. I'm only taking 4 days per week...tue, thu, sat, sun. My level was 200 and I'm 53. I've only been on it 2 weeks and I still see mild increase in energy level. My doctor prescribed once a day, but the price is very high without insurance so I'm trying to get more time for $$$. Do any of you know how this usage pattern could affect the overall performance???

November 13, 2013 6:15 PM

Review by Richie Gee:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I started 60 mg of Axiron on 30 Oct it is now 12 Nov. I feel like a gladiator, a warrior. I'm 48 this month, Blk Man, I weigh in at 264 lbs, 5-10, yes that's big but I have lots of muscle mass on me as well as fat. I checked my blood level before I started it was at 175. I never would had thought my Tlevel was low because I've always been a beast in the sack, but I did have the other symptoms. I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week now and lift moderately. My body swells up like I was 20 again. My mind is a lot sharper than without Axiron and the sex life? Let just say I have to chase the wife down and still have mega energy. Only about 14 days in and I can see outlines of what's about to happen in my body. WOW! I am satisfied totally.

November 12, 2013 3:52 PM

Review by Happy wife (taken for less than 1 month):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I just want to see if anyone has had this experience. My husband started axiron 4 weeks ago and the day he started it, miraculously his personality changed. He has got an extremely low sex drive, with a T level on the lowest side of normal levels but the main reason he started axiron woz due to his irritable, moody, crabby personality. Thing is , he bought a new car around the same time so it is possibly a combination of things as to why his mood is not so crappy. I actually like spending time with him now and I guess I shouldn't worry as to why his persona has improved greatly but I'm just curious. He is 46.

November 8, 2013 3:16 AM

Review by Stay Active Man! (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Started taking Fortesta at 59 yrs. Low energy levels and the tests revealed a problem with T levels. Do have more energy. Do sometimes experience a shaky feeling during the day. Have reduced the amount to try to reduce the shaky part. Still a positive experience. I think you have to decide what levels to take based on your experience and not necessarily by the lab results. Glad to have this as an option. Some seem to think the higher the better, but I think the side effects of that mentality could be dangerous. I'm going to take the least amount that gives the desired results. And... increased libido is nice, but that wasn't the reason for the medication!

November 7, 2013 11:00 PM

Review by Jc2u2:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Yoo, this stuff works! Been on it three days, and I really feel like my old Self. So far so good... I know my mood has improved, I'm confident the Ed will get better I'm sick of popping the magic blue pills.... Fortunately my insurance paid for the pump. Gl gents.

November 1, 2013 1:08 AM

Review by 60mg/day: Easy to use, no sides, GREAT results:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: My wife is happy! I feel better; more energy, less brain fog, positive attitude, and I wake up on a kickstand again. No skin irritation. Deduct 1 star due to high expense. Testosterone cypionate is MUCH cheaper. This is a great delivery system, however, and excellent design. Total Test went from 383 to 901. Free T went from below range to 1/3 inside range. The conversion factors and different assays make it impossible to post here. May switch to cypionate and do IM injections myself to save money.

October 29, 2013 1:52 AM

Review by J123:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm 51. My Testosterone level had dropped to about 150. I hadn't been to a doc in a few years and have been gaining weight and feeling more fatigued and less motivated. Doc offered Testim and others but said Testim seemed to absorb better than others. He mentioned the possible smell and stickiness, but I gave it a try. Today was my fourth day and it really seems to already be helping with fatigue and overall motivation. I'm going over to the gym and work out this morning and I'm going to get the house cleaned up too. Perhaps just psychological this early. Regardless, I feel MUCH better already. I really don't see the smell or sticky issues, seems about like hand sanitizer. Rub it in a minute or so, no smell or stickiness. Happy!

October 12, 2013 11:22 AM

Review by SaltLife (taken for less than 1 month):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have been on Axiron for 1 month. Before this my T level was 172, now it's 490. During this time I was reading this forum. I read how guys felt incredible after 3 days. Well the discussion I had with my doctor today was this, WHY don%u2019t I feel any different, I go to the gym approx 3-4 times a week, and really give it when I'm there. I'm 180lbs, and my body size is slim and trim, but no muscle mass. I thought this would at least help me in the gym? The Doctor explain that in no way should I know any change until at least using this medicine for 3 months. As for muscle mass, this should take approximately a year after taking Axiron. Guess I'll just be patient.

October 7, 2013 7:26 AM

Review by nalts (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Worked well and fast, easy to use, no stank, quick dry and GREAT price with discount card.

October 1, 2013 10:20 AM

Review by Any Nonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I had ZERO libido, weakness, lack of enthusiasm, kind of "just existing joylessly". Tested very low to below normal Testosterone for a guy in his early 40's. After a few weeks on this, most of my symptoms are gone. Sadly, the libido has only improved a little bit. But my mood is improved & it seems like my brain works better. The most surprising effect has been a rapid increase in muscle mass and improved muscle tone. Just 30 minutes of push-ups and work with free weights a couple days a week has had amazing results. Exercise has never paid off like this. (Maybe I've been on the low end of testosterone all my life). My only worry now is what will happen if my body compensates for the Axiron and reduces its natural T production.

September 30, 2013 4:17 PM

Review by was tired:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Started using Testim but had ups and downs and stunk like bad perfume and was changed to Androgel. Like it's smell and dries really well but my level is going backwards again. Thinking about going back on Testim.

September 20, 2013 7:42 PM

Review by Joepeterson:

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm 30 years old. I've been dealing with low Testosterone for over 3 years. I've found a doctor that has finally put me on this medication I been on it for four hours and cannot believe how I feel already. I have erectile dysfunction issues for the last year and it is working like it is brand-new again and it's only been four hours. So far amazing start.

September 19, 2013 11:41 PM

Review by MCSE:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Smells terrible and wife complains even 8-10 hours afterward

September 16, 2013 11:58 AM

Review by So So Results (taken for 1 to 6 months):

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have been on Androgel for approximately 5 months. I was tested for low Testosterone after going around 10 years with low to no libido. I tested at 156 even though I get regular exercise. I am around 20 to 30 lbs over weight. My doctor initially put me on 2 packets of the stronger dosage and I noticed I was feeling stronger but still no libido. After 2 months got Testosterone tested again and it was a little over 200. Doctor put me on 3 pumps of the stronger gel and I have mixed results....erections almost to the point of annoyance (very rare before taking gel) when I am sleeping, but libido still not really there. I haven't seen any weight loss but I may have gained some muscle. My doc is going to test me again after 3 months on 3 pumps and will see what my level is.

September 12, 2013 10:05 AM

Review by Just call me dad.:

For Hypogonadism, Male: Testosterone levels must have started dropping off 4 to 5 years ago at 42. Over time, lost interest in sex as the plumbing was not working as well as it should. Weight gain around abdominal area and slow loss of muscle mass I thought was natural aging process. Started to lose hair on legs and was always tired. Started Depotest 6 months ago at 200 every three weeks. Roller coaster effect after 3 months but felt great. Switched to 200 every two and had no ill effects. Oily skin on face and forehead was all. Dialed in at 100 per week and life is awesome. Caught it in time and doctor feels there is no permanent tissue damage. Nocturnal erections are back to above normal, sex drive is great and erections are fully functional. Testosterone levels from 187 to 700 range.

September 9, 2013 10:51 PM

Review by bhb:

Andro-Cyp 200 (testosterone) for : I am a 65 year old male who was diagnosed with Low Testosterone. The reading was 146 when it was supposed to be between 400 to 600 for normal range. After 2 months of weekly injections my reading is now 450. I feel better than I have felt since I was in my 30's and my doctor says I may have had this problem for years. One side effect I have noticed is I am beginning to grow a nice stand of hair on my chest and belly which looks rather manly.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2013 9:06 AM

Review by Jim340:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I've been on Androgel for 6 weeks now and have experienced a remarkable turn around in my energy, stamina, body strength, muscle definition, clear mindedness, and mega-intensified libido. Now, I can't see myself getting along without it and don't plan to. Now I know what it feels like to get my life back again and would consider this medicine nothing less than a miracle.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2013 7:16 PM

Review by superyun (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hypogonadism, Male: Excellent! My total testosterone went from 295 to 856 in four months. I now workout and run regularly. I am 55 years old and feel like I did at 22 years old. My sex drive has gone through the roof and my wife says I am a "new "man.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate