User Reviews for Zoloft

Learn more about Zoloft.

Zoloft Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 134 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Zoloft to treat Depression

"I developed depression a few months ago and felt that I had truly lost my mind. I was beyond sad, crying constantly, terrifying intrusive thoughts, lost all interest in hobbies, friends, I thought that was it for me. I didn't feel that I would ever be my normal self ever again. Zoloft has completely eliminated my depression. The first week was almost unbearable but I cannot stress how much better I began to feel after about 2weeks. It is a miracle drug, I truly cannot express how well it has worked for me."

Peachpeach June 24, 2015

"I've always experienced social anxiety growing up. I thought this was normal but it became clear to me during college that I shouldn't be feeling so shy all the time. I was afraid to be myself. I was constantly going back and forth between anxiety and depression for years. I tried meditation, yoga, running, a different diet... But nothing seemed to be working good enough! Enough was enough! I researched zoloft for a few weeks and finally decided to try it out. WOAH! Other than the initial side effects such as decreased appetite and restlessness, this medication changed my life!!! I feel very comfortable talking to people in social settings.. I could finally be myself! The biggest thing is being patient--- it works!!!!! Good luck everyone!"

Kort (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2015

"The Dr. prescribed this med after I developed a tolerance to Prozac after 15 wonderful years. I started at 25 mg. They always say to give it a few weeks to see if it is working. After 2 months he increased the dosage to 50 mg. which still did not work. Then after an increase to 100 mg. for a few months, he finally believed it was not working for me. He started me on Effexor, which took another 6 months of gradually increasing dosage to actually kick in. Please do not give up. After over a year of living a nightmare and feeling suicidal every single day, I'm now back to normal, almost every day."

coyotewoman June 16, 2015

"Love this medication. I'm a 28 yo mother of two and have suffered from anxiety on and off for the past 9 years and have tried different meds through out the years and the only one that has ever worked for me was the generic Zoloft! Like... wow! This medication does its job so well that i feel "normal" not high or zombified! Side effects for me has been loss of appetite, difficulty reaching orgasm, clenched jaw, hot flashes, and rapid heart rate but was told these would subsidize. But i still give this medication a rating of 9 because the benefits for me outweigh the side effects far too well. Been taking it for a couple weeks and if it's working this great now i can't wait to see in a couple more weeks."

kris25 June 15, 2015

"Taking his medication has been one of the best decisions I've made in my life thus far. If you are suffering from depression & anxiety then just give it a go because well life is just too dam short!"

Aydin (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2015

"I was crippled with anxiety, depression, and nagging intrusive thoughts. Zoloft has allowed me to live again. Please don't allow the stigma and misinformation out there about antidepressants prevent you from getting help and finding relief. Once your body adjusts to Zoloft (this can take upwards of 2-4 weeks), you will find relief and peace. I used a pill cutter to cut the prescribed dose (25 mg) in half and took the half dose for two weeks. Then I increased it to the prescribed dose. This is much easier on the body. Please consider doing this so you're not overcome and discouraged by some of the initial side effects. Good luck friends."

SilvaMine May 26, 2015

"Been taking 25mg zoloft for 2 weeks. Due to non stop over thinking, paranoia and constant checking up on suspected cheating partner. This drug has enabled me to think clearly again and be able to end an unhappy relationship that I could not end before. I don't react or panic at the thought of being on my own anymore. Its great to feel balanced and even keeled with my thoughts. No real side effects, although I am more motivated at home and don't seem to have a huge appetite so lost some weight. I like this drug, its given me some sanity again however I am worried about the symptoms returning if I stop taking it."

jillyangus May 23, 2015

"Absolutely changed my life. I am a 20 year old female who has struggled with depression and irritability since roughly 13. I tried meditation, I tried the "power of positive thinking", I tried listening to podcasts, I tried counseling. Nothing helped me until zoloft. I've been taking zoloft for 5 weeks. I had minor side affects for the first couple days (looser stool, headaches, stomach aches) but nothing I couldn't handle and they went away after 2-3 days as I got used to the medication. I'm currently taking 50 mg and don't plan on increasing. I feel overall happier. I'm not as irritable and things that I used to hate (going to work) are no longer even bad. I feel more myself, and like I'm not afraid to be outgoing. Highly recommended"

B.A May 22, 2015

"This has been a life changer for me. I guess I never realized how depressed I actually was until I started on Zoloft. I'd been fighting it for years, forcing myself to get up and get by each day, but getting worse and worse (avoiding people, having problems talking, having horrible insomnia). Within a week of being on Zoloft I noticed a major difference. I actually feel optimistic about life for the first time in as long as I can remember. My relationships with my wife, family, friends, and coworkers have all improved dramatically. In short, I'm no longer depressed. I had some side effects over the first few days (restless legs, night sweats, a zonked out 'zombie' feeling) but they passed quickly."

HardLifeGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

"I just got back on it but use to take it for years and I was happiest when on Zoloft."

Tonton1965 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2015

"Hi I thought I would share my experience to help others make a good decision. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with a Panic Disorder, GAD, and Depression. My initial struggles ended up with me on Celexa. This drug did work but took a long time for to take effect. (4 months). Last September it finally just stopped working. I went through a major period of depression and withdrawls until I finally found Zoloft. I had immediate effects! It turned my life around I now have zero side effects. I do have some lingering anxiety but nothing I cant handle. Occasionally I take a clonazepam to settle my kettle."

EasyDoesItNS May 7, 2015

"I started Zoloft about 2 months ago. I was taking 25 mg to start, as I am very tiny. After about a month, I increased to 50 mg, and the results were felt within days. I'm not hitting my dangerous lows nearly as frequently, and when I do get upset, it feels tolerable. Yes, I still cry; no, I'm not happy all the time, but that's normal! For the first time in over 3 years, I understand what it feels like to be normal. PS-for those of you out there desperately looking for help, but not wanting to disappoint your loved ones who are opposed to taking psychiatric medication, do it for yourself. Here's what might happen: they don't work so you stop taking them, or they work and you never look back. Life is far too short to feel awful throughout it."

Cat - 20 yrs old April 25, 2015

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Pros: this drug gave me an energy boost that felt like it lifted my depression and increased my metabolism. My sleep schedule was normal, people said I was friendlier, and I had consistent appetite for healthy food. Cons: this drug took away my ability to have intimacy and perform any kind of exercise other than simple running on a treadmill. I could not play sports with any of my friends, because I would get lightheaded and faint, especially in the heat. I could not have a complete orgasm, and so that pretty much ruined sex for me. In summary, it treated several of my depression symptoms, but the things I had to give up due to side effects were not worth it. By the way, these side effects are a very common occurrence, not a surprise."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2015

"I have been on Zoloft for a bit now and am on a 50mg dose. I find it has made a world of difference. I was taking it after dinner and had real bad insomnia and buzzing etc. So I told my doctor and we changed the schedule so I started taking it in the morning and I sleep great at night. Zoloft has helped with my depression and anxiety. I haven't felt this great since I can't even remember when. If your having bad side effects like the insomnia talk to your doctor and change the times you take your meds."

2344415emz2626266 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2015

"Zoloft is a miracle. I was having panic attacks and anxiety and since taking them I feel so much better .I can sleep at night and wake up refreshed and feel I could climb a mountain. Truly a wonderful medicine."

sazz22 April 3, 2015

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was on 100mg of Zoloft and started suffering from severe insomnia after being on it only 2months. Dr tappered me down to 50 mg and then done in a week, withdrawls were dinging head, zap and buzzing ears plus severe insomnia."

Need sugessions (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

"I've taken Zoloft off and on within the last 3 years. I do much better with it. I went from being so low that I couldn't take care of myself because of anxiety and depression. With Zoloft and better life circumstances I am doing much better. I'm actually happy! Right now I'm on 25 milligrams. Sometimes I'm on 50. When I had postpartum blues, 100 milligrams was necessary to feel positive."

red4 April 2, 2015

"I got put on this medication about 3 days ago and my first time taking it was in the morning. There are two side effects I've had, the first day taking it I felt kinda nauseous and I threw up, but after that I was completely fine! I also have had a decreased appetite, but in my opinion that's a good thing, considering I want to lose a bit of weight. I was suffering for major depression, and got put on this medicine because I was caught in the middle of attempting suicide. But since I've started this, I haven't had a single suicidal thought! I would definitely recommend this. Although ive been on it for just a few days, I already discover improvement."

Amazing! March 31, 2015

"Went on Zoloft after Celexa stopped working and I quit cold turkey(don't do!!) Made me feel 10x worse within days. Not for me. Now on Pristiq which helps but has horrible withdrawals if you skip or are too late for a pill."

Amr0k March 23, 2015

"Zoloft has been a lifesaver. Something that helps keep my crippling MDD and SAD at bay and make it through life normally. Even happier as this was the 1st antidepressant I tried and it worked! Also no side effects at all. Thank you God."

Mohammad_au (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My 14-year-old son suffers from major depressive disorder/social anxiety disorder. He was previously on lexapro for 10 months, which worked well for his symptoms but gradually stopped working. He was switched to Zoloft and increased from 25 mg to 50 mg after a week. Only 3 days into the 50 mg dose he reports much improvement in his depression symptoms. It doesnt control his anxiety symptoms as well (yet) but we are hoping that will change in the next few weeks. Overall, he feels better on Zoloft. Takes it in the evening due to initial side effect of headache."

Momiftwo March 7, 2015

"I was on Celexa for a year and it wasn't working for me. Then my doctor prescribed me Zoloft and it's my fourth day taking it and I love it. I finally have a clear head on my shoulders. And for the first time in a long time, I don't feel depressed at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from depression."

Alliey (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine completely changed my life. Before I got on it, I was in deep depression and had a horrible chemical imbalance in my brain. I have been on this medicine for 2 months. This is wonderful. Now I'm more happy, smiling, and the chemicals in my brain are balanced. I did gain 3 pounds since on this although it was supposed to decrease appetite."

Codr (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2015

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Lately I've been having really bad panic attacks, migraines, night terrors/nightmares every night for three weeks I started Zoloft last night and it already started working within a night I'm more calm and feel like my old self already."

Zatch January 28, 2015

"IT'S MY SAVIOR, I was in severe anxiety and depression for the last 6 months, it felt like there was no hope anymore, started taking Zoloft, and today is my 4th week. It's not that I don't feel depressed anymore, I FEEL HAPPY, enjoying every moment of life, I go to work full of motivation now, I feel like nothing can stress me out, you sound very confident in front of your colleagues. I am so thankful for this medicine, it gave me my potential, my efficiency and my life back. No significant side effects, other than weight gain."

Lou1985 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2015

203 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next