User Reviews for Ranolazine

Also known as: Ranexa

Learn more about Ranolazine.

Angina 34 reviews 127 medications

8.5
Summary of Ranolazine reviews 34 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Ranolazine

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "I am on Ronexa 1000mg since 1 year now. I still have pain in chest and arm, plus serious constipation and terible memory Los it's short term memory loss I am talking. Like going for glass of water from fridge and forget half the way why I walk upto there."

Ansur April 6, 2016

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "Have been Taking for 3 years, not a single side effect, since I take 14 different medications for various issues, I have thoroughly tested this medication in and out for side effects, everyone is different and reacts different to medications...I take 1000mg a day."

Scotttman8 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2016

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "Wish I could say it was effective, but I could not get past the side effects within the first week. I was light-headed,dizz, faint and did not feel much like myself. The doctor told me I needed an adjusting period. By the second week, it was too much and I stop taking the pills. So now I'm wearing a nitroglycerin patch and carry Nitro pills with me at all times. I'm on an EECP machine which dilates vessels and supposedly encourages new vessel growth. This treatment is 5 days a week, 1 hour per session for 7 weeks."

Gbgoul (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "Was having bad bouts of angina daily. Could not sweep with a broom the entire floor and stood on a nightly basis to try and get to sleep cause. Since ranexa its like I can sleep I can clean a little more. Its just what I need if I can get past all the side effects."

Tonya T (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Angina: "Some months ago I developed chest pain with shortness of breath, it happened mostly on mild exertion and lasted up to half an hour. It was debilitating. After extensive investigation as an inpatient (including angiogram) I was diagnosed with Microvascular Angina. I remember exactly when I started taking Ranolazine, the day afterwards was quite remarkable. Chest pain was reduced and the following day it was reduced further. It was unbelievable, I was so relieved. I've been on this medication for a couple of months now with no side effects to date. I've had to have a period of reducing it to see how that effects me, I got increased chest pain and shortness of breath when reduced. Once back up to full dose the chest pain is controlled."

Yogababe (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2016

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "Caused nausea, dizziness"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2015

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "Have been taking Ranexa for 6 months (as of 10/29/2015) - 500mg twice daily. Pretty much worthless. Still have chest pains; still using nitro pills"

retiredpub October 29, 2015

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "Weight loss. Glucose reduction , off insulin. Taking orals only."

shielarae August 7, 2015

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "After some scary bouts of angina the Dr. put me on Ranexa. I am really impressed what i can work hard at age 74 minus the chest pains. I was pleasantly surprised when my A1c dropped significantly. I have had some problems that I am not sure if they are side effects. Serious swelling of my feet and ankles, increase in neuropathic pain in my feet and toes and wrists. Weight gain that I can't explain and bloating of abdomen. I will contact the cardiologist to see if the dosage can be less than 500 mg twice a day."

Jerry K. June 7, 2015

For Angina: "For almost four years, I suffered with shortness of breath without chest pain, usually on exertion, and no cause was ever found. A recent heart cath and three stents later, I still have SOB, so my cardiologist thought it was angina and prescribed Ranexa. I took it for only three days and my SOB without exertion was terrible. So I stopped it right away. It took almost three weeks for the SOB to be tolerable again. I didn't experience any other side effects, but Ranexa failed at what it was supposed to do for me."

SOB UnknownCause (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "To me, this is a wonder drug!! I'm serious! I'm not saying that my chest pains with palpitations are completely gone because they're not. Yet, with Ranexa, I can deal with it. The first time I began taking it I walked about 3-4 blocks without stopping to catch my breath. At first it scared me thinking I did or was doing something wrong. But it was the Ranexa that made the difference!"

Onetwentyfive (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2015

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "I have been on Ranexa for approximately 5 years and do not have any angina since then. My only side effect that I have from this medication is "ringing in the ears" since I went on this medication, otherwise no complaints except for the cost."

Mr E March 20, 2015

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "I had a cardiac cath Sept 2013, I was diagnosed with heart failure, a blockage that can not be repaired and obstructed cardiomyothrapy also 2 heart attacks, before Ranexa, I was in alot of pain, I take 1000 mg twice a day, all though I do have some pain, Ranexa has helped alot and given me some relief, my Dr said that was normal with my conditions, but I have gotten some relief"

moonkey February 15, 2015

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "I had a triple bypass surgery 23 years ago.My SVG is wearing out.Had a blockage in it 3 months ago, had a cath and a stent put in. 3 days later had an MI caused by a complete block in the SVG. Had another cath and 2 stents put in.2 months later started Cardiac rehab. Started getting angina walking and stress. Went on Ranexa 500mg twice aday. After the first day no angina. Went to the gym after 7 days on med and did 15 mins on treadmill, 15 on bike and 10 on eliptical. No angina pain. Only side affect I noticed is right below my sterum, I occasionly have a slight spasm..See the Dr. in a week to discuss. Slight hard bowel movements, need to drink more fluids and occasional stool softer. But worth it, with no angina pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2014

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "After my last MI, my only recourse was Ranexa because a stent was not able to be inserted. The next night at the hospital I had three episodes of angina like never before. I almost screamed for a nitro pill. Since being on Ranexa I have taken less than five nitro pills in over a year."

rehoboth50 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2014

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "Before Ranexa I could not go a day without needing a nitro for the chest pain. Now if I need 1 nitro a month that is a lot. BUT the side effects are terrible. The bloated feeling and stomach aches are terrible and the constipation has been so bad I need to use MiraLax daily along with a stool softener in the morning and evening. Do not know if I can tolerate the GI problems much longer."

nurse mike (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2013

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "I was having trouble even functioning due to the spasms and chest pain I was experiencing. I experienced immediate relief when prescribed Ranexa. I can not describe the change I have experienced in quality of life. I had a heart attack five years ago at the age of 34 from a spasm that went out of control. I don't want that again! The spasms are much more controlled now, and I hardly ever have one that requires Nitro."

Becks (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2013

For Angina: "I had angina due to blocked artery, started on 2 per day for a week then doubled up. Started to feel dizziness, severe headaches, progressed to complete unbalance sensation. I also experienced constipation and joint stiffness. Now back to 2 pills 500mg per day for trial purposes."

jimbo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2013

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "I've been taking it for three months. I haven't used a nitro in that time. The chest pain I experienced in breathing cold or humid air, or after climbing, or even after stress has dissipated to an unexpected and happy extent. However, the side effects are bothersome, though not insurmountable. Dry mouth, almost continuously, which sometimes affects ability to speak clearly. Constipation, overcome by hard bowel movements, use of stool softeners. And just a general feeling of stuffiness, in body, in sinuses, elsewhere. Hard to say whether I would recommend it. The annoyances at times are major; the feeling of freedom from the chest pain and fear greatly offset the annoyances so far. Incidentally, I am 77, with only one open artery."

tortprof (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2013

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "Ranexa has definitely helped with my angina, but I am pretty certain it has contributed to an appx 20 pound weight gain as well. I am not sure if getting off the medication would help me lose the weight, but I dont want the angina back either, so I am not sure what to say. Its very effective for the angina but it can have some unwanted side-effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2012

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "I started taking this medication last night, Feb 19 2012 , and I have experienced a lot of gas. I was up most of the night going to bathroom, and today I'm experiencing a strange sensation in my chest but its not pain. It almost feels like a tingle and I have a cough also. I also have anxiety and headaches."

dustyrose45 February 20, 2012

For Angina: "This helped with breathing and pain from angina but the side effects to the digestive system greatly out wayed this. I experienced severe constipation, bloating and acid reflux when taking the 350 dose. This became so severe over a 2 week period that I had to stop taking the medication."

Anonymous February 18, 2012

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "Ranexa stopped the angina and I felt much better but the side effects were awful. Severe confusion, memory loss, vomiting, increased urination (so much so I was up every hour or so at night)."

Anonymous February 11, 2012

Ranexa (ranolazine) for Angina: "My doctor started me on two doses daily (am and pm) in August, 2011. The second day on it, I was on a camping trip and developed an itchy rash on my lower arms and hands, and my lower legs. I didn't connect it to the Ranexa so I went to my regular doctor and my dermatologist. The dermatologist told me to stop taking the Ranexa and wait for my my cardiologist to come back in town. As it turned out I was having a "sun sensitivity" to the medicine. He cut my dosage to once at night and I have not had any more problems with a rash. However, a month or so after I started taking the medicine, I started having "shaking episodes". I did tell my cardiologist the last time I saw him. It is mainly my hands shaking."

reva schwan January 20, 2012

For Angina: "I'd also like to commend you for a great analysis of the medicine. Thanks."

Anonymous January 4, 2012