User Reviews for Aciphex

Learn more about Aciphex.

Aciphex review summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 144 medications used in the treatment of GERD.

Reviews for Aciphex to treat GERD

Review by GerdinWis (taken for 10 years or more):

First had the extreme chest pain (like I imagine a heart attack would be) 10 years ago. Tried many different products with my gastroenterologist's help. Ended up with Aciphex. Of course, the insurance company tried to get me to use other stuff.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 6:00 AM

Review by Kevin Booth:

I have been on Aciphex for about 12 years. It is the only thing that works for my GERD.

November 23, 2013 1:37 PM

Review by Feeling great (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

This is the only thing that works.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2013 7:06 PM

Review by drsojo (taken for 10 years or more):

Started years ago and got instant relief. Tried all other available meds with little results. Never had any side effects at all with Aciphex. My insurance doesn't like it, but I couldn't live without it.

October 2, 2013 3:09 PM

Review by jp4750 (taken for 10 years or more):

Tried other medicines for my GERD. Aciphex has been my salvation for 12 years and is worshiped by me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2013 12:04 PM

Review by Cat Gee:

I was first given this medication many years ago. I first got it through the military, then through my private insurance. Then, I put in for a refill and couldn't believe how much I was charged. It became non-formulary with the military pharmacy too, I just couldn't afford it. My doctor has tried different medications, but they don't help like they should. I keep checking to see if a generic comes available, so MAYBE it will be formulary somewhere.

June 24, 2013 5:16 PM

I've been taking Aciphex since 2001 and it has worked wonders on my GERD. Before I retired from active duty in 2003, one doctor switched me to another brand. Next thing you know I was in the hospital with extreme chest pain - all caused by GERD. I went back on the Aciphex and have been comfortable ever since.

February 23, 2012 6:53 PM

Review by youcanletgo:

Amazing medicine! I've had GERD for 14 years. I've been on Aciphex for 10 years. No other medicine has ever come close to touching how effective this is for me. When my insurance stopped paying for it, I tried Prevacid. It did not help me at all. I had to try it for two weeks and if it failed to help, my insurance agreed to pay for Aciphex. That was the most miserable 2 weeks of my life. Constant burning reflux was all my days were filled with. I was so happy when I got to get back on Aciphex! I have no reflux symptoms whatsoever with it. If GERD is making your life miserable, give it a try!

February 14, 2012 3:50 PM

I have taking Aciphex for about a year now and I can not live without it, forgot it on vacation and paid the price. Will not make that mistake again. I like many others have tried various prescription as well as over the counter medicines but nothing works as well as Aciphex.

August 1, 2011 4:03 PM

I've been taking it for four years now and it has been helping a lot with stopping the heartburn and acid reflux. However, I now have to stop taking it since it is causing osteoporosis.

June 15, 2011 1:26 PM

Review by sutraquio:

Without a doubt Aciphex is the only medicine that stopped my GERD.

April 5, 2011 7:58 AM

Review by Tamirblue:

I have had GERD and GERD like issues since the age of 12. I have been put on every medication available on the market only to have them stop working after a few short years. Finally, about 10-15 years ago I started taking Aciphex - no side effects, no resistance... no problems at all. My one and ONLY issue is the cost. I have tried every generic and over the counter (supposedly) "equivalent" with no success.

July 7, 2010 11:50 AM

Review by Cardenar:

I have been a poster child and lab rat for every H2 Blocker and Proton Pump inhibitor for the that last 30 years. Having severe GERD and Hiatus Hernia. I can tell you that this product is the BEST!

April 18, 2010 1:35 PM

Review by Angel Quinones:

This medicine works I recommend it to everyone. I have a hiatus hernia and I tell you is like I never had it. No pain.

June 14, 2009 2:35 PM

I have taken every medicine out there for my acid reflux and I am so grateful to have found aciphex works well. I still have bad days but i've tried to skip days without taking my aciphex and can tell a huge difference.

March 7, 2009 12:08 AM

Review by pauley:

I take AcipHex every morning to control my heartburn symptoms. After I eat breakfast, I get heartburn from the coffee and juice. I take AcipHex after breakfast and I always find it works really fast to make my heartburn go away. Even when I go to bed at night, I don't have heartburn. The other best thing is that it's a tiny pill, and it's so easy to swallow. Half the time I don't even have to have something to drink.

February 20, 2009 9:07 AM

Have tried several different brands before Aciphex. I love it. I have not had heartburn in 5 months. Unbelievable.

January 20, 2009 8:59 PM

Aciphex is the only medicine I have found that completely helped me with my reflux. I was miserable before taking Aciphex.

January 4, 2009 9:47 PM

Review by katosmus:

I have severe acid reflux and tried numerous medications - Tagamet, Nexium and many over the counter medicines. Aciphex is the only medication that has helped. I've taken it for 8 years with no side effects.

December 14, 2008 7:26 PM

Review by paulius67:

I started taking AcipHex a while ago for GERD. It is working quite well. What interests me is that all of a sudden the plantar warts on my feet that I have struggled with for years are retreating rapidly, with no new sign of spreading. I have heard that Cimetidine (Tagamet) is sometimes prescribed for warts.

November 28, 2008 11:50 AM

I lived with severe heartburn for years. It was absolutely crippling at times. I had to essentially watch everything I ate and drank. Aciphex gave me my life back. I recommend looking into it as a possible treatment.

September 4, 2008 10:28 AM

Review by J.D. Garza:

Medicine appears to be working. On my second day, I have no heartburn. I am a little concerned about my headache that I have had all day today. I am hoping that this is but a small price to pay, if my esophagus will benefit from this medicine.

May 23, 2008 3:28 PM

Fast acting and no side effects.

May 5, 2008 2:56 PM

Aciphex was a true dream come true for me. Ive suffered from savere reflux for 3 years now, because of a hiatel hernia, and this is the first and only thing that has completely stopped the reflux and pain!!!!

April 3, 2008 12:24 PM