User Reviews for Aciphex

Learn more about Aciphex.

Aciphex Review Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 145 medications used in the treatment of GERD.

Reviews for Aciphex to treat GERD

"I have had GERD for years. I tried everything available and nothing helped until my doctor prescribed Aciphex. No more pain. It is the best thing on the market. I do not know why it is not over the counter. My insurance has tried to have my doctor switch me to a less expensive medicine, but they didn't work and I had to pay the higher copay for Aciphex. It is a God send. I do wish it was cheaper and over the counter."

kate399874346 February 23, 2015

"I have tried every over the counter and prescription medicine for GERD that I can think of. Aciphex is the only one that has ever worked for me. I have suffered from GERD and other Gastric issues for a long time and I suffer when I run out of this medication. I love to eat...so...this helps. "

KevinB2319 December 26, 2014

"Worked great."

Pete V. 76 October 24, 2014

"First had the extreme chest pain (like I imagine a heart attack would be) 10 years ago. Tried many different products with my gastroenterologist's help. Ended up with Aciphex. Of course, the insurance company tried to get me to use other stuff. "

GerdinWis (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2014

"I have been on Aciphex for about 12 years. It is the only thing that works for my GERD. "

Kevin Booth November 23, 2013

"This is the only thing that works. "

Feeling great (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2013

"Started years ago and got instant relief. Tried all other available meds with little results. Never had any side effects at all with Aciphex. My insurance doesn't like it, but I couldn't live without it."

drsojo (taken for 10 years or more) October 2, 2013

"Tried other medicines for my GERD. Aciphex has been my salvation for 12 years and is worshiped by me. "

jp4750 (taken for 10 years or more) August 17, 2013

"I was first given this medication many years ago. I first got it through the military, then through my private insurance. Then, I put in for a refill and couldn't believe how much I was charged. It became non-formulary with the military pharmacy too, I just couldn't afford it. My doctor has tried different medications, but they don't help like they should. I keep checking to see if a generic comes available, so MAYBE it will be formulary somewhere."

Cat Gee June 24, 2013

"I've been taking Aciphex since 2001 and it has worked wonders on my GERD. Before I retired from active duty in 2003, one doctor switched me to another brand. Next thing you know I was in the hospital with extreme chest pain - all caused by GERD. I went back on the Aciphex and have been comfortable ever since."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

"Amazing medicine! I've had GERD for 14 years. I've been on Aciphex for 10 years. No other medicine has ever come close to touching how effective this is for me. When my insurance stopped paying for it, I tried Prevacid. It did not help me at all. I had to try it for two weeks and if it failed to help, my insurance agreed to pay for Aciphex. That was the most miserable 2 weeks of my life. Constant burning reflux was all my days were filled with. I was so happy when I got to get back on Aciphex! I have no reflux symptoms whatsoever with it. If GERD is making your life miserable, give it a try!"

youcanletgo February 14, 2012

"I have taking Aciphex for about a year now and I can not live without it, forgot it on vacation and paid the price. Will not make that mistake again. I like many others have tried various prescription as well as over the counter medicines but nothing works as well as Aciphex."

Anonymous August 1, 2011

"I've been taking it for four years now and it has been helping a lot with stopping the heartburn and acid reflux. However, I now have to stop taking it since it is causing osteoporosis."

Anonymous June 15, 2011

"Without a doubt Aciphex is the only medicine that stopped my GERD."

sutraquio April 5, 2011

"I have had GERD and GERD like issues since the age of 12. I have been put on every medication available on the market only to have them stop working after a few short years. Finally, about 10-15 years ago I started taking Aciphex - no side effects, no resistance... no problems at all. My one and ONLY issue is the cost. I have tried every generic and over the counter (supposedly) "equivalent" with no success. "

Tamirblue July 7, 2010

"I have been a poster child and lab rat for every H2 Blocker and Proton Pump inhibitor for the that last 30 years. Having severe GERD and Hiatus Hernia. I can tell you that this product is the BEST!"

Cardenar April 18, 2010

"This medicine works I recommend it to everyone. I have a hiatus hernia and I tell you is like I never had it. No pain."

Angel Quinones June 14, 2009

"I have taken every medicine out there for my acid reflux and I am so grateful to have found aciphex works well. I still have bad days but i've tried to skip days without taking my aciphex and can tell a huge difference."

Anonymous March 7, 2009

"I take AcipHex every morning to control my heartburn symptoms. After I eat breakfast, I get heartburn from the coffee and juice. I take AcipHex after breakfast and I always find it works really fast to make my heartburn go away. Even when I go to bed at night, I don't have heartburn. The other best thing is that it's a tiny pill, and it's so easy to swallow. Half the time I don't even have to have something to drink."

pauley February 20, 2009

"Have tried several different brands before Aciphex. I love it. I have not had heartburn in 5 months. Unbelievable."

Anonymous January 20, 2009

"Aciphex is the only medicine I have found that completely helped me with my reflux. I was miserable before taking Aciphex."

Anonymous January 4, 2009

"I have severe acid reflux and tried numerous medications - Tagamet, Nexium and many over the counter medicines. Aciphex is the only medication that has helped. I've taken it for 8 years with no side effects. "

katosmus December 14, 2008

"I started taking AcipHex a while ago for GERD. It is working quite well. What interests me is that all of a sudden the plantar warts on my feet that I have struggled with for years are retreating rapidly, with no new sign of spreading. I have heard that Cimetidine (Tagamet) is sometimes prescribed for warts. "

paulius67 November 28, 2008

"I lived with severe heartburn for years. It was absolutely crippling at times. I had to essentially watch everything I ate and drank. Aciphex gave me my life back. I recommend looking into it as a possible treatment."

Anonymous September 4, 2008

"Medicine appears to be working. On my second day, I have no heartburn. I am a little concerned about my headache that I have had all day today. I am hoping that this is but a small price to pay, if my esophagus will benefit from this medicine."

J.D. Garza May 23, 2008