User Reviews for Aciphex

Learn more about Aciphex.

GERD 25 reviews 208 medications

For GERD: Worked great.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2014 8:44 PM

Review by GerdinWis (taken for 10 years or more):

For GERD: First had the extreme chest pain (like I imagine a heart attack would be) 10 years ago. Tried many different products with my gastroenterologist's help. Ended up with Aciphex. Of course, the insurance company tried to get me to use other stuff.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 6:00 AM

Review by shreya mehta:

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: It helped me a lot to recover from H. pylori infection. I took with 2 other medicines as per prescribed to me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2013 12:09 PM

Review by Kevin Booth:

For GERD: I have been on Aciphex for about 12 years. It is the only thing that works for my GERD.

November 23, 2013 1:37 PM

Review by Feeling great (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For GERD: This is the only thing that works.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2013 7:06 PM

Review by drsojo (taken for 10 years or more):

For GERD: Started years ago and got instant relief. Tried all other available meds with little results. Never had any side effects at all with Aciphex. My insurance doesn't like it, but I couldn't live without it.

October 2, 2013 3:09 PM

Review by jp4750 (taken for 10 years or more):

For GERD: Tried other medicines for my GERD. Aciphex has been my salvation for 12 years and is worshiped by me.

August 17, 2013 12:04 PM

Review by Cat Gee:

For GERD: I was first given this medication many years ago. I first got it through the military, then through my private insurance. Then, I put in for a refill and couldn't believe how much I was charged. It became non-formulary with the military pharmacy too, I just couldn't afford it. My doctor has tried different medications, but they don't help like they should. I keep checking to see if a generic comes available, so MAYBE it will be formulary somewhere.

June 24, 2013 5:16 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Stomach Ulcer: This is the ONLY medication that works!

September 22, 2012 6:58 PM

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: No side effects. Worked wonders.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2012 4:22 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Erosive Esophagitis: Severe stomach pain. After 3 days had to stop the medication.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2012 10:34 PM

For GERD: I've been taking Aciphex since 2001 and it has worked wonders on my GERD. Before I retired from active duty in 2003, one doctor switched me to another brand. Next thing you know I was in the hospital with extreme chest pain - all caused by GERD. I went back on the Aciphex and have been comfortable ever since.

February 23, 2012 6:53 PM

Review by youcanletgo:

For GERD: Amazing medicine! I've had GERD for 14 years. I've been on Aciphex for 10 years. No other medicine has ever come close to touching how effective this is for me. When my insurance stopped paying for it, I tried Prevacid. It did not help me at all. I had to try it for two weeks and if it failed to help, my insurance agreed to pay for Aciphex. That was the most miserable 2 weeks of my life. Constant burning reflux was all my days were filled with. I was so happy when I got to get back on Aciphex! I have no reflux symptoms whatsoever with it. If GERD is making your life miserable, give it a try!

February 14, 2012 3:50 PM

For GERD: I have taking Aciphex for about a year now and I can not live without it, forgot it on vacation and paid the price. Will not make that mistake again. I like many others have tried various prescription as well as over the counter medicines but nothing works as well as Aciphex.

August 1, 2011 4:03 PM

For GERD: I've been taking it for four years now and it has been helping a lot with stopping the heartburn and acid reflux. However, I now have to stop taking it since it is causing osteoporosis.

June 15, 2011 1:26 PM

Review by chromebags:

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I was diagnosed with H pylori and was given Aciphex along with two other medicines. Worked very well in treating my ulcer. I continued to take it for years. No side effects.

May 15, 2011 2:53 PM

Review by sutraquio:

For GERD: Without a doubt Aciphex is the only medicine that stopped my GERD.

April 5, 2011 7:58 AM

For Barrett's Esophagus: Works well, can manage most foods without any problems. Note that this medicine does promote food moving through one's "system" more quickly so frequent bowel movements and loose stool may be an issue for some.

December 21, 2010 11:34 AM

Review by Tamirblue:

For GERD: I have had GERD and GERD like issues since the age of 12. I have been put on every medication available on the market only to have them stop working after a few short years. Finally, about 10-15 years ago I started taking Aciphex - no side effects, no resistance... no problems at all. My one and ONLY issue is the cost. I have tried every generic and over the counter (supposedly) "equivalent" with no success.

July 7, 2010 11:50 AM

Review by Cardenar:

For GERD: I have been a poster child and lab rat for every H2 Blocker and Proton Pump inhibitor for the that last 30 years. Having severe GERD and Hiatus Hernia. I can tell you that this product is the BEST!

April 18, 2010 1:35 PM

For Barrett's Esophagus: Seemed to work better than omeprazole

March 28, 2010 6:17 AM

Review by Shanti1:

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I was put on Aciphex after antibiotic/PPI treatment for H.pylori and it does really work. It has been 1 year and I can feel the difference. The doctor put me on 12 straight weeks of it at first and now am taking it 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off, etc. and it is keeping the reflux and pain away.

October 18, 2009 8:32 AM

Review by Cherypd:

For Erosive Esophagitis: Was relieved to see that someone else has used this drug even longer than I have. I've been on it for 9 years with erosive esophagitis. I've rarely had any symtoms and can eat anything. I haven't been able to find any studies of long time use.

August 10, 2009 4:29 PM

Review by Angel Quinones:

For GERD: This medicine works I recommend it to everyone. I have a hiatus hernia and I tell you is like I never had it. No pain.

June 14, 2009 2:35 PM

For GERD: I have taken every medicine out there for my acid reflux and I am so grateful to have found aciphex works well. I still have bad days but i've tried to skip days without taking my aciphex and can tell a huge difference.

March 7, 2009 12:08 AM