User Reviews for Aciphex

Learn more about Aciphex.

Duodenal Ulcer 1 reviews 137 medications

Stomach Ulcer 3 reviews 107 medications

7.8
Summary of Aciphex reviews 46 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Aciphex

For GERD "I took Aciphex for the last year. It relieved the symptoms VERY well. However, it didn't heal any of my problems. I still have erosive esophagus, and I still have chronic gastritis. So on to the next..."

Drw_T May 6, 2016

For GERD "I have taken Protonix without any relief. My doctor increased my dosage from 40mg to 80mg. I had really bad headaches and no relief from reflux. I began taking Aciphex and got results immediately."

Nonamealreadyinuse April 10, 2016

For GERD "My insurance refuses to pay for it saying Prilsect is just as good. NOT!!!!! I take 2 a day (180 for 3 months) and it would cost me almost $700 a month. I get through Canada for $123 per 200, over 3 month vs. $2,000. Aciphex is not even comparable to any other, Zantac, all of them. Good luck to you."

Thenomad (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 16, 2015

For Stomach Ulcer "I have reflux and had continuing issues while taking nexium. My GI Doc put me back on Aciphex and my problems are gone within 3 days."

ManuRN May 22, 2015

For GERD "I have had GERD for years. I tried everything available and nothing helped until my doctor prescribed Aciphex. No more pain. It is the best thing on the market. I do not know why it is not over the counter. My insurance has tried to have my doctor switch me to a less expensive medicine, but they didn't work and I had to pay the higher copay for Aciphex. It is a God send. I do wish it was cheaper and over the counter."

kate399874346 February 23, 2015

For GERD "I have tried every over the counter and prescription medicine for GERD that I can think of. Aciphex is the only one that has ever worked for me. I have suffered from GERD and other Gastric issues for a long time and I suffer when I run out of this medication. I love to eat...so...this helps. "

KevinB2319 December 26, 2014

For GERD "Worked great."

Pete V. 76 October 24, 2014

For GERD "First had the extreme chest pain (like I imagine a heart attack would be) 10 years ago. Tried many different products with my gastroenterologist's help. Ended up with Aciphex. Of course, the insurance company tried to get me to use other stuff. "

GerdinWis (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "It helped me a lot to recover from H. pylori infection. I took with 2 other medicines as per prescribed to me."

shreya mehta December 14, 2013

For GERD "I have been on Aciphex for about 12 years. It is the only thing that works for my GERD. "

Kevin Booth November 23, 2013

For GERD "This is the only thing that works. "

Feeling great (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2013

For GERD "Started years ago and got instant relief. Tried all other available meds with little results. Never had any side effects at all with Aciphex. My insurance doesn't like it, but I couldn't live without it."

drsojo (taken for 10 years or more) October 2, 2013

For GERD "Tried other medicines for my GERD. Aciphex has been my salvation for 12 years and is worshiped by me. "

jp4750 (taken for 10 years or more) August 17, 2013

For GERD "I was first given this medication many years ago. I first got it through the military, then through my private insurance. Then, I put in for a refill and couldn't believe how much I was charged. It became non-formulary with the military pharmacy too, I just couldn't afford it. My doctor has tried different medications, but they don't help like they should. I keep checking to see if a generic comes available, so MAYBE it will be formulary somewhere."

Cat Gee June 24, 2013

For Stomach Ulcer "This is the ONLY medication that works!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2012

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "No side effects. Worked wonders."

Anonymous August 11, 2012

For Erosive Esophagitis "Severe stomach pain. After 3 days had to stop the medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2012

For GERD "I've been taking Aciphex since 2001 and it has worked wonders on my GERD. Before I retired from active duty in 2003, one doctor switched me to another brand. Next thing you know I was in the hospital with extreme chest pain - all caused by GERD. I went back on the Aciphex and have been comfortable ever since."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

For GERD "Amazing medicine! I've had GERD for 14 years. I've been on Aciphex for 10 years. No other medicine has ever come close to touching how effective this is for me. When my insurance stopped paying for it, I tried Prevacid. It did not help me at all. I had to try it for two weeks and if it failed to help, my insurance agreed to pay for Aciphex. That was the most miserable 2 weeks of my life. Constant burning reflux was all my days were filled with. I was so happy when I got to get back on Aciphex! I have no reflux symptoms whatsoever with it. If GERD is making your life miserable, give it a try!"

youcanletgo February 14, 2012

For GERD "I have taking Aciphex for about a year now and I can not live without it, forgot it on vacation and paid the price. Will not make that mistake again. I like many others have tried various prescription as well as over the counter medicines but nothing works as well as Aciphex."

Anonymous August 1, 2011

For GERD "I've been taking it for four years now and it has been helping a lot with stopping the heartburn and acid reflux. However, I now have to stop taking it since it is causing osteoporosis."

Anonymous June 15, 2011

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I was diagnosed with H pylori and was given Aciphex along with two other medicines. Worked very well in treating my ulcer. I continued to take it for years. No side effects."

chromebags May 15, 2011

For GERD "Without a doubt Aciphex is the only medicine that stopped my GERD."

sutraquio April 5, 2011

For Barrett's Esophagus "Works well, can manage most foods without any problems. Note that this medicine does promote food moving through one's "system" more quickly so frequent bowel movements and loose stool may be an issue for some."

Anonymous December 21, 2010

For GERD "I have had GERD and GERD like issues since the age of 12. I have been put on every medication available on the market only to have them stop working after a few short years. Finally, about 10-15 years ago I started taking Aciphex - no side effects, no resistance... no problems at all. My one and ONLY issue is the cost. I have tried every generic and over the counter (supposedly) "equivalent" with no success. "

Tamirblue July 7, 2010