User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Review Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 208 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Birth Control

Errin (norethindrone): "As someone who has a needle phobia and a history of factor five in my family, I opted for the mini pill. I also have chronic migraine headaches, occasionally with auras, so that limits my options again. Upon readings Errin's reviews, I was nervous. However, a month and a half in, I have no weight gain, no moodiness, the only negative thing for me was my periods. Out of a month and a half, I have had 3 weeks of bleeding, however it is lighter than usual and took my period down from 7 days average to 3-4 days average. I take my pill at the EXACT time everyday, I recommend setting an alarm. Also,I have been diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder (a form of depression) and generalized anixety disorder, and Errin has had no effect on my mood"

ZoeyCecilia (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

"Began taking this medicine after I had my daughter. Used to take beyaz and had great experience with regular light periods, now I'm on my third month of this stuff and I literally have been bleeding more days than not. Seriously considering stopping it, this is miserable."

M1234567890#$ May 23, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I have been on the pill for 3 weeks and I've been expierencing hair loss, acne, sore breasts, fatigue, mood swings, and it lowered my milk supply. I also had a little spotting. I have decided to stop taking the pills."

moodswinginmama May 13, 2015

Errin (norethindrone): "I was taking glides for about a year and needed a refill. Accidentally asked for Errin, which was my old be pill. Been on it for two months a feel like I'm absolutely crazy! I'm crying all the time, feel bloated all the time, angry about things that don't matter, and depressed. I don't feel like myself. I don't feel like doing anything. I just switched back to glides and am on my fourth day. I still feel crazy, but hope I another week or so I snap back to normal."

moegeek May 13, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I was on a combo pill for years before Micronor and it was the worst. I had terrible mood swings, weight gain, increase in appetite and low sex-drive, and the headaches were TERRIBLE. Once I started getting aura-migraines, my doctor made me switch. I thought Micronor would be just as bad, or worse. Thankfully, however, everything has been good! I've only noticed around a 8lb weight gain and it pretty much all went to my chest, I went from barely a B to a full C. Can't complain about that, lol. My only real complaint is that my face, which has always been clear even throughout my teenage years, now breaks out every so often. No mood swings, decreased appetite, upped sex drive, bigger boobs, regular periods, and no babies. Go Micronor!"

amarie92 May 11, 2015

Camila (norethindrone): "Started taking this pill in December 2014, and been on it since. I am not happy with it at all. I used to have regular periods, but Camila made it very irregular. I hate not knowing if I will have a period or not . my mentality changed as well; usually I'm a very happy girl, but the pill made me into a raging mean lunatic. It gave me extreme mood swings, frequent migraines, problems with my vision, depression, hair loss, extreme bloating, no sex drive at all, vaginal dryness, increased acne on my chin , numbness in my feet, and lack of sleep. I am stopping this immediately. I do not reccomend this. This pill is evil."

ju1ie May 9, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I started taking Jolivette 6 months ago after I had my daughter since I was breastfeeding. After 1 month and a half I was late taking a pill one day and the next day I started my period that last 5 days. Then the next month no period. Than the next month I was spotting. Each month as been different and unpredictable. I haven't had any side affects, besides the fact its a lot harder for me to lose weigh than with my first born. I don't know if the birth control is the cause but I'm guessing it is. The only negative thing about the pill is irregular periods and weigh gain."

Nujami (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

"I like this pill because it is a progesterone only pill. I don't like the idea of adding estrogen. However my biggest complaint is that I have irregular periods. Sometimes I have two periods a month. I like everything about it otherwise, no other side effects. I am unsure of what to do because I am tired of having two periods a month. I did have times in the past where I had a period every other month. So I am not sure why it keeps changing."

Molly88 May 4, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I have been on this birth control for approximately 7 months. I really like it ( for one reason, no period!) This concerned me at first because a period shows you that you aren't pregnant and also it is what our bodies naturally do. However, no cramps or anything like that is great! I changed to this pill because I was having some of the more severe side effects from ortho tri cyclyn lo. I do like micronor. However, since taking this pill I have back acne like crazy!!! I am 21 and am blessed to say have never had acne in the past. After 2 or 3 months of taking micronor, I broke out on my back and I'm talking 10 or more bumps at a time! It's awful. Lately though, it is less severe. Only complaint. Satisfied overall."

brid87 May 1, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "This drug did do its job of keeping us from pregnant again. However it had very bad side effects for me. It caused numbness in my feet and hands. And it caused severe mood swings, specifically deep depression, irrational thoughts, and anger. As my GP explained it, since Micronor is progesterone based, my body is as if PMSing all around the clock because it thinks Im menstruating around the clock from the pill."

SAEN4567 May 1, 2015

"I started this birth control 3 weeks ago on the first day of my last period. Everything was good until about 1 week ago I started bleeding again. I have now been bleeding for about 7 days... Its annoying! I hope it stops soon otherwise I will have to find another birth control. I'm happy I didnt gain any weight though!"

Ms. Ambitious April 24, 2015

"I've been using Lyza for about 9 months. I got a year's supply from Planned Parenthood for free. I haven't had any negative side effects when I take it correctly. I don't bleed as much during my period but my cramps are still the same. My only complaint is if I'm more than 3 hours late taking the pill I will get a period in the next couple of days, regardless of where I am in my cycle."

Mo_T April 22, 2015

"Love this. I switched from a combined pill because of migraines, and will never go back. I haven't had a single period on it, which my doctor has informed me is completely normal on this pill. I have not experience mood swings, weight gain, or changes in my skin. The only (slight) drawback of not having a period each month is not knowing for sure that you are not pregnant. For someone like me who is predisposed to anxiety, this can be stressful."

mmrj (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone): "I have been on Lyza for about three weeks now. I could no longer use estrogen because I started developing monstrous headaches and lost my sex drive while on Nuvaring. I was also bloated. So far, everything has been good. I do get nauseous after taking my pill but I can live with that. It has NOT decreased my sex drive, thank goodness. So far I like it. If I stop getting a period while on it I will not continue, however."

Murraighn (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I haven't been on this pill long, but so far I haven't gotten any migraines, which is the main reason I switched to micronor. I was on Gildess (hate that pill) and had HORRIBLE headaches. I haven't gained weight, and haven't bled at all either. The only problem is that I've broken out on my chest, but that's a lot easier to deal with than headaches. Like this pill so far."

deflprdrulz March 31, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've been taking this pill for over a year now and the only side affects I've experienced are spotting and not exactly knowing when ill be getting my period. If I don't take the pill within my hour time frame, I'll usually encounter some spotting or even starting my period. I have migraines and I've found this pill to work really well for me. Other than that I feel this pill works good, but then again every brand of pill effects people differently."

msallig March 17, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've been taking Lyza after being switched from my combination birth control at planned parenthood because of migraines. I had no problems with old pill. Always had clear skin and now I'm constantly broken out. 7lb weight gain, seems to be mostly in my belly. I feel extremely emotional. I took a few different combination pills over 20 years and never noticed any side effects. I'm hoping my body adjusts to the lack of estrogen and weight gain subsides and acne clears up. I'm giving it another month."

NikkiKacz March 17, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "So my periods have been really irregular the last couple of years. My dr prescribed Nora-BE. I started my period two weeks after starting the pill and am still experiencing heavy bleeding after 9 days. I guess this is one of the possible side effects but I'm going to follow up with my gyno. Anyone else experience this?"

kitkat17 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I've been taking this pill since after daughter was born 18 months ago. I haven't had any problems with it until now. I had a light period that lasted a week in January and another in February around the same time that one was a little heavier. Now it is March and I haven't had a period yet. I hate the inconsistency of it. I've been on time taking it so I know I can't be pregnant. I've never had mood swings with it until here recently. Its a good started pill but I'd prefer something else"

Rica G March 15, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome nearing two years ago. I am also one of those people that ends up having every side effect possible. I haven't had one single side effect which is glorious! I've tried Alesse/Alysena, Yaz, Tri-Cyclen, and some other kind. All with horrible side effects. It's been a week so far and this is beyond the point where I would be searching for another type. Highly recommend. "

APry (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone): "The only negative side effects I've had is longer bleeding per cycle and mood swings when I go off and onto the pill. The mood swings happen with every type of birth control I've used, so that isn't so abnormal. The bleeding is a bit odd but the doctor said it was a normal side effect for the pill."

Jenregen (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 16, 2015

"I was scared about taking this birth control because I've read so many bad about it. I took a chance (mostly because it was prescribed to me by mistake) and I am pleased with it! I got off of Ortho Tri Cyclen because it was making me SUPER moody and decrease my sex drive. I was off of it for a month before I started the mini pill and things are a lot better. I haven't experienced any breakthrough bleeding like a lot of other people did (and I hope I never do), my sex drive is up, and I'm a lot more easy to get along with. Only downside to it is you have to take it at the same time everyday which I didn't think would be a problem but it's harder than I thought with a one year old running around!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've been on this for a month now. No weight gain, which was my main concern for going back on birth control. I also feel the same stress wise, so thats a plus; it hasn't added any extra "craziness" to my life like previous birth control has. However, I haven't had a period yet.. I haven't taken a pregnancy test, but I'm thinking it is just my body just adjusting to it and the normal stress from graduate school. Overall I'm happy with this birth control."

JFfksjrie4 February 7, 2015

Heather (norethindrone): "I at 53 I took Heather for birth control for the last 3 1/2 yrs. My doctor decided that I should not be on the pill anymore and I needed to stop taking them. During the time I was on the pill I never had a period. I loved it, no weight gain, no side effects. Since I have been off of them I still have no period. My doctor said I probably will have gone through menopause and never had the symptoms."

chrissypoo123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2015

Heather (norethindrone): "I started taking Heather shortly after giving birth so that it wouldn't reduce my milk supply and I've been taking it for over a year now. I am still breast-feeding and have not had a period this entire time. I've also noticed that my moods are greatly restrained, meaning I almost never cry (even when I want to, like funerals), but I also don't get overly happy either. I've been losing weight this whole time (still overweight), which may be related to the breast-feeding or not."

SilverLo (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2015