User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Review Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 213 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Birth Control

Sharobel (norethindrone): "This is my first month on the pill to help stop my periods. I was okay for the first two weeks of taking the pill,no problem whatsoever, apart from increases cup size from a D to DD (also they feel fuller too, which can be very uncomfortable). I always take the medicine on time ,until the third week, where I had to go on a trip, and I would end up taking the pill maybe like 20 mins to half an hour later. And almost instantly after my 4 day trip , I started spotting and a day later it switched to a full blown period(cramps and heavy flow). It's been a week since all this began and as of tonight it will be switching to week 2. I don't know if it's because I was a few minutes late or what, but this is very annoying .."

concernedfirsttimeuser June 29, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I have been on regular pills for about 25 years without issue. I just finished my first pack of this and am not sure I want to start my second. I have been so irrationally angry, stressed and depressed this last month. Angry over little things to the point of not sleeping several nights. I honestly was very concerned about what was happening to me. Also had very sore nipples and am super hungry all the time. So happy to find that others experienced this and I'm not losing my mind!!! I did not get my period which is usual for me but I do have cramps."

MzDeeBee June 28, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I'm taking Nora-B for almost 2 years. First year was great 8 months no period and than suddenly the period start to show up every 6 months, than 3 months. So I'm asking if I'm taking this pill everyday at the same time and period is coming. Some headaches with it. So 'Im not happy at all. Thinking to change for another pill. Maybe the body got tired of taking the same one."

Jade67 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2015

Errin (norethindrone): "I'm at the end of my 2nd month. First month was on the .25 dose. Gained 4-5 pounds in the first 2 weeks! I'm very petite and have been the same weight for 20 years so this was a huge drawback. My Dr. changed me to the .35 dose and still the same weight but now more pimples and bled for 2 weeks. Also, I think this pill makes me feel kind of BLAH and empty inside. Could be environmental factors but I think I'll be switching soon!"

FoolMeOnceAgain June 25, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "My experience with this pill has been okay but my periods do last longer now for about 8 days and I also spot in between which is very annoying. I also take the pill at the same time everyday. I don't think I'll be staying on this pill for to much longer."

Jaylove23 June 16, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I am 25 years old, female, no kids. Tried combination pill for 2 months about 5 years ago, absolutely hated it so no BC other than condoms since then. I started Nora-Be a month ago about a week after end of period. Waited 3 days before having unprotected sex, no problem. Just had my period as scheduled this past week, was slightly lighter but still lasted 6 days total as usual. Some cramps the first couple of days. The only obvious side effects the first 2 weeks was dryness/itchiness down there and slight increase in moodiness but all is good now."

Kay-bay June 15, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I've been on Nora-Be for 4 months now. For the first 3 months, the spotting seemed never-ending. It would stop for a few days and then start again. It was so annoying feeling like I should always keep a tampon in, just in case. I've gotten increased acne, but not too bad. I've also had an increased appetite and gained about 15lbs! Major bummer! I wasn't eating well either, but I've NEVER gained weight this fast! This past month, no spotting. My period actually came a couple weeks later than expected. I almost thought I was pregnant. This pill was useful as birth control- 2 stars for that. But now I've been experiencing mood swings and depression in overdrive. I cry so easily and so often now. I'm planning on trying the full pill."

CherryOnTop82295 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I have been on jolivette for almost a year now and love it. I may go 6-8 weeks between bleeding so i take home tests just to rule out pregnancy. So far, so good!"

HM530 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I've been on micronor for about 4 months, the first 3 months were perfect getting my period roughly a month apart at a time. This past month it seems I have gotten my period every other week! Which is annoying!! My MD said it may take around 3 months to regulate my cycle but it seems my body is doing the opposite. Frustrated because I smoke and this birth control was the safest option for me. Looks like things have to change. "

consistently inconsistent (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2015

Errin (norethindrone): "As someone who has a needle phobia and a history of factor five in my family, I opted for the mini pill. I also have chronic migraine headaches, occasionally with auras, so that limits my options again. Upon readings Errin's reviews, I was nervous. However, a month and a half in, I have no weight gain, no moodiness, the only negative thing for me was my periods. Out of a month and a half, I have had 3 weeks of bleeding, however it is lighter than usual and took my period down from 7 days average to 3-4 days average. I take my pill at the EXACT time everyday, I recommend setting an alarm. Also,I have been diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder (a form of depression) and generalized anixety disorder, and Errin has had no effect on my mood"

ZoeyCecilia (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

"Began taking this medicine after I had my daughter. Used to take beyaz and had great experience with regular light periods, now I'm on my third month of this stuff and I literally have been bleeding more days than not. Seriously considering stopping it, this is miserable."

M1234567890#$ May 23, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I have been on the pill for 3 weeks and I've been expierencing hair loss, acne, sore breasts, fatigue, mood swings, and it lowered my milk supply. I also had a little spotting. I have decided to stop taking the pills."

moodswinginmama May 13, 2015

Errin (norethindrone): "I was taking glides for about a year and needed a refill. Accidentally asked for Errin, which was my old be pill. Been on it for two months a feel like I'm absolutely crazy! I'm crying all the time, feel bloated all the time, angry about things that don't matter, and depressed. I don't feel like myself. I don't feel like doing anything. I just switched back to glides and am on my fourth day. I still feel crazy, but hope I another week or so I snap back to normal."

moegeek May 13, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I was on a combo pill for years before Micronor and it was the worst. I had terrible mood swings, weight gain, increase in appetite and low sex-drive, and the headaches were TERRIBLE. Once I started getting aura-migraines, my doctor made me switch. I thought Micronor would be just as bad, or worse. Thankfully, however, everything has been good! I've only noticed around a 8lb weight gain and it pretty much all went to my chest, I went from barely a B to a full C. Can't complain about that, lol. My only real complaint is that my face, which has always been clear even throughout my teenage years, now breaks out every so often. No mood swings, decreased appetite, upped sex drive, bigger boobs, regular periods, and no babies. Go Micronor!"

amarie92 May 11, 2015

Camila (norethindrone): "Started taking this pill in December 2014, and been on it since. I am not happy with it at all. I used to have regular periods, but Camila made it very irregular. I hate not knowing if I will have a period or not . my mentality changed as well; usually I'm a very happy girl, but the pill made me into a raging mean lunatic. It gave me extreme mood swings, frequent migraines, problems with my vision, depression, hair loss, extreme bloating, no sex drive at all, vaginal dryness, increased acne on my chin , numbness in my feet, and lack of sleep. I am stopping this immediately. I do not reccomend this. This pill is evil."

ju1ie May 9, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I started taking Jolivette 6 months ago after I had my daughter since I was breastfeeding. After 1 month and a half I was late taking a pill one day and the next day I started my period that last 5 days. Then the next month no period. Than the next month I was spotting. Each month as been different and unpredictable. I haven't had any side affects, besides the fact its a lot harder for me to lose weigh than with my first born. I don't know if the birth control is the cause but I'm guessing it is. The only negative thing about the pill is irregular periods and weigh gain."

Nujami (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

"I like this pill because it is a progesterone only pill. I don't like the idea of adding estrogen. However my biggest complaint is that I have irregular periods. Sometimes I have two periods a month. I like everything about it otherwise, no other side effects. I am unsure of what to do because I am tired of having two periods a month. I did have times in the past where I had a period every other month. So I am not sure why it keeps changing."

Molly88 May 4, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I have been on this birth control for approximately 7 months. I really like it ( for one reason, no period!) This concerned me at first because a period shows you that you aren't pregnant and also it is what our bodies naturally do. However, no cramps or anything like that is great! I changed to this pill because I was having some of the more severe side effects from ortho tri cyclyn lo. I do like micronor. However, since taking this pill I have back acne like crazy!!! I am 21 and am blessed to say have never had acne in the past. After 2 or 3 months of taking micronor, I broke out on my back and I'm talking 10 or more bumps at a time! It's awful. Lately though, it is less severe. Only complaint. Satisfied overall."

brid87 May 1, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "This drug did do its job of keeping us from pregnant again. However it had very bad side effects for me. It caused numbness in my feet and hands. And it caused severe mood swings, specifically deep depression, irrational thoughts, and anger. As my GP explained it, since Micronor is progesterone based, my body is as if PMSing all around the clock because it thinks Im menstruating around the clock from the pill."

SAEN4567 May 1, 2015

"I started this birth control 3 weeks ago on the first day of my last period. Everything was good until about 1 week ago I started bleeding again. I have now been bleeding for about 7 days... Its annoying! I hope it stops soon otherwise I will have to find another birth control. I'm happy I didnt gain any weight though!"

Ms. Ambitious April 24, 2015

"I've been using Lyza for about 9 months. I got a year's supply from Planned Parenthood for free. I haven't had any negative side effects when I take it correctly. I don't bleed as much during my period but my cramps are still the same. My only complaint is if I'm more than 3 hours late taking the pill I will get a period in the next couple of days, regardless of where I am in my cycle."

Mo_T April 22, 2015

"Love this. I switched from a combined pill because of migraines, and will never go back. I haven't had a single period on it, which my doctor has informed me is completely normal on this pill. I have not experience mood swings, weight gain, or changes in my skin. The only (slight) drawback of not having a period each month is not knowing for sure that you are not pregnant. For someone like me who is predisposed to anxiety, this can be stressful."

mmrj (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone): "I have been on Lyza for about three weeks now. I could no longer use estrogen because I started developing monstrous headaches and lost my sex drive while on Nuvaring. I was also bloated. So far, everything has been good. I do get nauseous after taking my pill but I can live with that. It has NOT decreased my sex drive, thank goodness. So far I like it. If I stop getting a period while on it I will not continue, however."

Murraighn (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I haven't been on this pill long, but so far I haven't gotten any migraines, which is the main reason I switched to micronor. I was on Gildess (hate that pill) and had HORRIBLE headaches. I haven't gained weight, and haven't bled at all either. The only problem is that I've broken out on my chest, but that's a lot easier to deal with than headaches. Like this pill so far."

deflprdrulz March 31, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've been taking this pill for over a year now and the only side affects I've experienced are spotting and not exactly knowing when ill be getting my period. If I don't take the pill within my hour time frame, I'll usually encounter some spotting or even starting my period. I have migraines and I've found this pill to work really well for me. Other than that I feel this pill works good, but then again every brand of pill effects people differently."

msallig March 17, 2015