User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Birth Control

Sharobel (norethindrone): "I've been on this pill for a week and a half. So far the only side effect increased libido, and I mean it's increased a lot. No period ,no breast size changes. I will keep taking this pill until I'm ready to settle down and have children."

Burnapeyton91 April 25, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I've been on the nuva ring, depo shot, 3 different brands of pills, condoms, and finally switched midwives and she suggested jolivette. I am a newly married 26 year old elementary school teacher and athlete training for triathlons and I have been able maintain a lower weight. I still have a sex drive although I have lost my period now for 3 months. I'm currently an athletic size 10 so weight is not an issue there. The loss of a period leads to having to take monthly pregnancy tests but I'd rather have to take those than having a period or a child with fas. The only complaints are tender breasts practically constantly and 2-3 constant acne spots on my chin. Easily covered with foundation."

I've tried almost everything (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

Deblitane (norethindrone): "I recently switched my birth control from estrogen to the Mini pill which contains no estrogen but hormone progestin or "POPs". My doc said it was because of my age and smoking. I'll be 35 on may by the way. Within 2 weekes of taking these POPs I started experiencing complete numbness in my arms,hand and lower down there it was horrible. I couldn't sleep for about four days and not sure about my insurance I didn't go to Any urgent care or anyplace. So I stopped the pill and I feel fine. I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there that had any kind of experience like mine if so I would love to hear about it Thank you Kbeth"

Billiards April 10, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I'm 39. Have 3kids. I had been using the nuva ring for several years and loved it. No problems. But because of my age,having diabetes my doctor put me on Nora be. I just got off my cycle,started this pill and 3days later I start bleeding again and have been for 5days and I mean extremely bad going through a pad and tampon every 30min. I have read other reviews and see this is common but I have had good swings,headaches, dizziness, cramps,bloating, increase appetite and heart flutters. I'm not taking this BC anymore. I'm done having kids now anyway so I think I'll just Tie my tubes and not go through or worry about this anymore."

Lilbit! April 8, 2016

"Worst pill I have ever taken! I am very regular without any pill. I started taking this after I had my son for pregnancy prevention because my doctor said it wouldn't interfere with my milk production. However right after I started taking it, my milk totally stopped. I mistakingly continued to take it for birth control. Now I have bled for 12 days of the last month. Just when I think it has stopped I get less than a week off and it starts again. Heavy and for long periods 7 days plus!!! I am stopping this immediately!! I have never he's a problem like this with any pill I have taken!! Horrible!"

KellySim March 29, 2016

"I don't usually write reviews for things, but I really feel like I should share my experience. I have been taking a variety of norethindrone for 5 months now. The first 2-3 months of taking this were the worst. My mood swings were bad. I found myself crying and getting extremely mad over the smallest things. My periods were completely unexpected and I had very random spotting for the first 2 months. The 3rd month seemed to be very regular and normal. Then the 4th and 5th months were back to unexpected. For month 5 I would have my period for 7 days, off 2, on 7-8, off 1. Very heavy and clotted. It was painful and gross. I figured I would wait 6 months to see if it would change but it has only gotten worse. I do not recommend this to anyone."

Anonymous March 28, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "HATE HATE HATE HATE this pill. I had to get on this because my bp was a little high on 2 of my visits. No one seems to have any real answers to my questions. Nurses just say the same thing i read online. No schedule so you can have period 2x a month or none at all. Could last 5 days or longer. You never know when you are truly off your period. i have been on for i guess you can say 2 months cause this is my 2nd pack that i am almost finishing. Imagine my surprise when i go out to movies and use the restroom theres blood on my panties. What a way to end date night. Does anyone know of any other progestrin only pill that is more regulated?"

TJRS (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I'm 25, I was put on this pill 8 months ago because I've been breastfeeding. Since starting the pill I've gotten horrible acne, I'm bloated and gassy all day, every day, I'm extremely moody, my period is typically every 14 days with the occasional 5-7 week break (very rare though) and very heavy with horrible cramps, and I've gained 14 lbs; I was losing lots of my baby weight until I started this pill, since I've started this pill it doesn't matter how much diet and exercise I do, I can't lose the weight... I will never recommended this pill and will never go back on it!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2016

Camila (norethindrone): "After being on the combined pill for 5 years to help my menstrual migraines, a well informed doctor told me that I should have never been taking the combined pill if I have a migraine with an aura because apparently it can cause a stroke.... So I switched to this pill, and haven't had a migraine since!!! (Been taking it for 7 months now) The only thing that holds this pill back from being a 10, is that 1. You have very irregular periods. When I first started taking it I had a period every 2 weeks. But since then they have become few & far between. 2. You need to use back up protection due to this pill not being as affective. But other than that, I love this pill. I even lost some weight when I started taking it!"

Jozie H March 23, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone): "I'm not gonna go into detail because it would take too long. My periods and body have been all messed up for years. Normally I would have 10 day periods with excruciating cramps. Tried all different kinds of birth control to help with it. Nothing worked.....I have been on lyza for 4 weeks now. I'm just taking it continuously. At first I had a period that was 7 days long...I kept taking it even through my period. I just finished week 4 with no spotting or side effects so far! No blood, no period symptoms, no acne, no nothing!! I am beyond happy. I hope to keep taking them every day and not have a period. So far so good! My goal is to not have periods anymore because I'm sick of them and they cause more problems than they should."

kpugs March 22, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone): "I started this pill 6 months ago due to my family history of clotting issues. I had mood swings, irregular periods and slight acne issues the first 4 months but everything has evened out now. The periods are regular now but less intense."

Jasmine R March 22, 2016

Sharobel (norethindrone): "I'd been on the Nor-QD pill for many years without problem. This year my insurance changed and the pharmacy issued Sharobel in its place. I thought it'd be fine since it has the the exact same amount of NORETHINDRONE. Wow, was I wrong! Luckily I only got a three month supply because I am quitting this pill. In two and half months on this pill, I've had a period or bleeding every 5-7 days. It's not just bleeding, I get the whole deal; cramps, lower back pain, hunger cravings, crankiness, and bloating. My skin has broken out, I've been super irritable/moody, and I don't understand how the side effects can be so extreme for me when I previously was on Nor-Qd for so long and experienced none of these things."

Marina M. March 17, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I started using Jolivette after my daughter was born; while I was breastfeeding. I've tried a lot of different types of BC over the years. This option was just OK - I really like using Seasonique better and will probably switch over at some point in the future. I'm not sure about weight gain (as I did just have a baby recently), but I have had A LOT of spotting... and it feels like it's never going to end."

KatieV March 15, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone): "I love this pill option. No negative side effects. Short menstrual, less acne"

KittyDoxie March 12, 2016

"I've been on this for of BC because I generally get sick on combo pills. I was told by my PCP that it'd help control my cycle and make a bit more predictable. I've been on it for under a month and I'm already not liking it. I started it the first day of my cycle; bleeding seemed to get heavier with large clots (normally med-heavy with very small clots), constant headache, and I've broken out with very painful zits on my chin and forehead (skin is generally clear). Skin is oily now as well. I'll definitely be looking for a different type of BC."

FrustratedZitFace March 11, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I've been on this for almost two years, with a couple of breaks in between. I had some severe dizziness that I my Dr thought was from Jolivette, it was not, so I went back on it. I have pretty awful migraines, this PoP doesn't seem to contribute to them other than the first week of taking them. First week brought some headaches, a little irritability, but it went away. I haven't gotten pregnant, so it's doing its job. My periods aren't as regular as they were with the patch, but, migraines. I can go six weeks without a period and then have one start five days after the last one ends. It isn't usually that extreme, but it can be."

Piperbast (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I've read a lot of the other reviews because I have been having trouble with anger and frustration and it is over little things that shouldn't normally bother me so I wondered if it was micronor. I have been taking it for three months now. It's the first pill I have used for contraception, and like a lot of other women here, I was recommended this one because I have a history of migraines. My periods haven't stopped and aren't any heavier. I don't get cramps much any more. So that's a bonus. No visible weight gain and no bad skin. The only thing I really noticed is breast tenderness for the first month pretty much constantly but it wasn't unmanageable. I think give it time, it's affects change over time"

Hdshire (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

"For 6 months I was on the Heather tablet ( made by Glenmark), doing pretty much fine and not noticing any significant side effects. However, when after 6 months I needed to refill my prescription and the pharmacy was out of the Heather tablet, I let them give me what they had, Jencycla (made by Lupin), figuring all minipills were the same. Within a few days I noticed significant changes in my mood, like collapsing into tears at the slightest provocation and getting angry at and suspicious with my boyfriend for stupid reasons. After a couple weeks I started acting crazy and being totally irrational and full of rage, and couldn't control my behavior or moods. Has anyone else experienced such mood swings from changing minipill brands?"

Abby5555 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 29, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone): "No experience yet I barely started taking it- last Sunday. They prescribed Lyza due to I'm diabetic T2"

luna16 February 22, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "Been using this birth control for 8 days and I've been bleeding like a waterfall the whole time.is this normal?"

shan1979 (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

Camila (norethindrone): "Horrible! Was put on this due to high blood pressure. I have taken it at the exact same time every day for 9 months, never missing one. Bleeding very irregular, sometimes every other week and more constant than not. Sometimes heavy, sometimes light. Flip of a coin I guess. Dr said to give it a few months to settle down, it did for a little bit then right back to more than not. Guess that's how it works for birth control.... Last thing I actually feel like doing! No weight gain or any other side effects. Going to change it at next dr. Appointment. Had enough."

Marie 922 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I have been taking this pill since Fall 2012, no pregnancies, no side effects, no periods, well sometimes irregular (that I kind of worry about sometimes, but I was really irregular before the pill so..) My BF and I have also been using the pull out method all of this time to no pregnancies at all..."

sweetkey (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I started using micronor because I heard it lacked estrogen and I heard it was a healthier method of birth control. I'm surprised by all the poor reviews because I had absolutely no problem with this pill. I'm 5"4 and 120 pounds, and I never work out. I had no weight gain, no depression/moodiness, no lowered Lobito, etc. So don't get scared off by the reviews, everybody's different. I combined this medication with a condom, because I've heard its common to get pregnant on this pill. For that reason I'm ending my use this month (after 8-9 months) and switching to the combined pill Alesse, because I wanna try condomless sex with my partner. Give it a try :) you can always stop using it if you have issues."

Sarah the University Student (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I have taken Nora Be 0.35 for 3 months. I have experienced heart palpitations and heart fluttering in my stomach. This seems to occur in the morning and evenings. My periods start on my second week of each new pack. I have had headaches behind my eyes and some weight gain. I plan to discontinue this medication to see if my symptoms go away. I'm 47 and seeking a better form of birth control."

Hedrickkim (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

Errin (norethindrone): "I have been on Errin for about a year now. I chose it because I had just had a baby and wanted to be able to breastfeed. I've had a great experience with it. No moodiness or weight gain. I've been on other birth control pills that were combo ones and those I could tell changed me emotionally but I haven't had a problem with this one. I can't relate to others who have mentioned having a period for 3 weeks straight because my period didn't come back for about 9 months after having my son. But now I seem to have a period every other month and it's only about 3-4 days max and not too heavy. I would recommend it to anyone especially if you are sensitive to meds or just had a baby and want to nurse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016