User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Birth Control

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've taken Lyza for a few months now and sometimes I forget to take it or miss a few days but it still works pretty well. My periods have been getting shorter each time month and I have not experienced weight gain. But then again I exercise and eat fairly healthy on a daily, but I do get headaches and I'm pretty sure it's not from the pills it's more from me not wearing glasses and I have terrible vision! But it seems to be working for me."

Kristiiiii May 30, 2016

Camila (norethindrone): "Love it. No period. I have gained weight but need to change my diet anyways. I have PMDD and this pill really has changed my life for the better."

Teesa80 May 30, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone): "I was put on Lyza at Planned Parenthood because of my history of migraines. Overall, I've had a good experience on Lyza. I sometimes have spotting between periods, but now after about a year, I only get a period every 3 months or so. At first this kind of freaked me out, and I take a pregnancy test if it's been about 60 days since my last period. Sometimes I get very tender breasts as well. Those are really my only complaints about this medication. There are no other side effects I've noticed, skin is fine, and mood is pretty evened out. My periods are generally less heavy than they were before, which I also appreciate."

Kat1089 May 27, 2016

"I've spent the last four months in a major depression and I only just realized that, exactly four months ago, I started the minipill. Clinical studies have shown that this pill is likely to cause depression, and boy, does it ever. My periods were irregular, but I didn't care. I lost my appetite, but I didn't care. I'm stopping now and can't wait to be rid of it. I've wasted too much of this year in numbness and tears."

Susan PQ May 24, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've been on Lyza for 3 weeks now, started it the first day of my last period. That period was completely normal, with no side effects at all. Then 2 weeks later I started getting breast tenderness like now I normally do before a period but it was too soon so I was confused, but then today my period came almost a week earlier than normal, and it seems heavier than how they usually are on the first day. I had no spotting otherwise (this time anyway), no other side effects other than my next period came almost a week early."

GaiaGoddess May 23, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone): "After starting this birth control, I experienced mood swings of irritability and anger within taking the first pill, I also experienced severe bloating and bad acne. My milk supply dried up, which I was prescribed this pill to avoid decrease in milk supply. This is a horrible pill with horrible side effects."

Anonymous9175 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I just stated a .35 mg dose today to treat ovarian cysts related to endometriosis. Awful! I took it with toast and two hours later felt tingling in my face, was itchy, disoriented, had a headache, a sore throat, felt anxious and dizzy. After reading other reviews it seems like this crap disaster pill only worked for one woman ever. Never take it. I'm 38 and otherwise very healthy. Drugs. No thank you."

Nora-NO May 23, 2016

Errin (norethindrone): "So...I had my 2nd baby and followed my same routine as before...had my 6 week check up, got on the mini pill b/c I am breastfeeding...then start having sex and going to the gym again...YAY!!! I gained 16 pounds in 3 weeks taking Eerin. I finished my 1st pack and never picked up my next prescription. I have an appointment to meet with my doctor to discuss taking other pills or the Depo shot. I have since lost all the rapid weight I gained."

Repeat Customers (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "Started this medication about 7 months ago. At first I loved it. The side effects were minimal and it completely ended my period. A few months in, I began to experience constipation. Then the bloating came. My eating habits haven't changed and I only put on 5lbs., yet my stomach is huge. It's uncomfortable and it's to the point where I'm so self conscious over it that I'm stopping the pill today. I look pregnant and my clothes aren't fitting properly. It's not a good look."

Drea107 May 13, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I have been off of Micronor birth control for a little over a year now and I still do not have regular periods. I had to go off of it because it was giving me headaches, gained a lot of weight on it (even though my eating habits stayed the same), I was extremely forgetful while taking it. It's heartbreaking for my husband and I as we are TTC currently but I only get me period maybe every 4 months since stopping Micronor."

JFROSIE May 11, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "My doctor prescribed Micronor because I experienced depression and migraines with other pills. So far, so good - the first two months were totally fine, I didn't notice any changes to anything. This month I have had a little breast tenderness, but not significantly, and a couple of days light breakthrough bleeding. I have regular unprotected sex and so far, no babies... I'm happy with this drug and plan to keep using it until I want a baby."

gilou (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I've just started my fourth pack and let me say this pill is amazing! I'm not breast feeding nor have I ever had a kid. I'm on a PoP because I've tried many other forms of the combined pill and I would have the worst side effects that would make me feel like I was going to die. On this pill I have had 0 adverse side effects and it is just amazing for me. I still get a period and t comes every month at the exact predicted time. The only difference is the length of the period varies. Sometimes it is a day or two longer sometimes it is a day or two shorter. It really isn't a big deal though. I love this pill and I am so thankful I finally found something that works for me."

VeronicaStar May 10, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I'm on the minipill and have never had any issues. My insurance switched me to this one and right away, I've experienced nearly all the side effects! I am trying to switch to a different minipill now to stop all the side effects and feel normal again! What I've experienced: breakthrough heavy bleeding the second week of pills, no period during last week of pills, nausea, headaches, weight gain, acne, cramping, and just an overall feeling of not feeling well."

no luck with nora May 9, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "This was great for me, didn't get any periods and I didn't gain any weight. Only thing is I had a little more acne than normal but I had no pregnancy using this, its good if you don't wanna get pregnant"

fhwloc (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone): "I had just about given up on ever thinking I could be on a hormonal form of contraception. I had tried two other forms of birth control in the past, the first being Yaz which was the WORST thing ever. I swore off birth control for years thinking my body just couldn't handle it. I recently went back to my OBGYN just to see if there were ANY other last resort options for pills. She recomended Lyza becuase its low hormones, and I was hesitant at first but gave it a go. I have been on Lyza for almost a month now, I have had almost no spotting, no mood swings, no headaches, no troubles with blood clots/wheezing, nothing like my other experiences! Thank you Lyza!!! You literally saved the day, and hopefully everything continues to be awesome!"

3rd Try With Birth Control (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

Camila (norethindrone): "This was the worst birth control I have been on since I started 10yrs ago. I have taken Crystelle, deposit shot and this. I changed doctors and my previous prescribed camila when I was breastfeeding but after I stopped the sign effects came out of no where hard. That's when I had constant bloating, break through bleeding and mood swings. My new doctor said it wasn't a period like I thought because I would bleed on and off for days then weeks. She said it was break through bleeding. It stop pregnancy by making you feel unattractive with all the random bleeding and bloating. Switching doctors was the best decision because she gave me Crystelle again and now I am back to normal and lost some weight. Only use if breastfeeding"

Rae777774 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "Well, I initially went on his birth control to regulate my hormones - lots of breakouts lately and moodswings. I've been on the patch, ortho-triclen-lo and yaz before - all of them I had bad side effects with. I can say for sure Nora-Be calmed my breakouts and moodswings which is great....but it definitely gave me a heavy period, bloating, fatigue, depression, aloofness, itchy/dryness, and tender breasts. The pros do not outweigh the cons in this case so I will be going off. Also, I just read about the ovarian cyst side effects...not worth it!"

Jess C (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "Nothing but spotting headaches and dizziness!! Hate it can't find anything suitable other than the implant :("

Jazzzzz May 2, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "Absolutely horrendous the worst birth control I've ever been on. It made me lose a lot of weight every birth control made me lose weight but this one made me lose the most I was only 8 St to begin with so couldn't afford to lose weight. It caused me to have depression over my weight loss anxiety. Sore chest sore ribs. Extremely hungry moody no periods. Blurred vision heart palpatations and more. I am currently 1 week into not taking it and already feel better my period has returned"

Emma l April 30, 2016

Camila (norethindrone): "I have been on this pill for over a year now and hate it. I used to be on an estrogen one but my dr said my blood pressure was a bit too high so she switched me (every other time I get my blood pressure checked it's completely normal). I have heavy periods which in my job where I can't just get up and go to the bathroom when I need sucks. I didn't have my period at all during the summer but then it came back with a vengeance. I have had it roughly every two weeks for the past 5 months. I also never know when it's going to start so I am wearing a pad more often than not now. I am going to be telling my dr to take me off this pill when I next go in."

MarMar155 April 30, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone): "My OB/GYN placed me on this pill because I was at risk for a stroke while being on estrogen birth controls. I have been taking this medication for 2 months with no side effects: migraines have stopped, no acne, no mood swings, no weight gain, no spotting, and sex drive is still intact. The first month of taking this pill my period was extremely light (almost nonexistant) and lasted only two days. This month I didn't have a period and took a pregnancy test, it was negative. I read reviews that this is normal while taking this pill... Not sure if I like this factor? All in all, i'm pretty pleased with this birth control. Please note that this is a progestin only pill and it is important to take at it at the same time daily."

jlav34 April 29, 2016

Sharobel (norethindrone): "I've been on this pill for a week and a half. So far the only side effect increased libido, and I mean it's increased a lot. No period ,no breast size changes. I will keep taking this pill until I'm ready to settle down and have children."

Burnapeyton91 April 25, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I've been on the nuva ring, depo shot, 3 different brands of pills, condoms, and finally switched midwives and she suggested jolivette. I am a newly married 26 year old elementary school teacher and athlete training for triathlons and I have been able maintain a lower weight. I still have a sex drive although I have lost my period now for 3 months. I'm currently an athletic size 10 so weight is not an issue there. The loss of a period leads to having to take monthly pregnancy tests but I'd rather have to take those than having a period or a child with fas. The only complaints are tender breasts practically constantly and 2-3 constant acne spots on my chin. Easily covered with foundation."

I've tried almost everything (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

Deblitane (norethindrone): "I recently switched my birth control from estrogen to the Mini pill which contains no estrogen but hormone progestin or "POPs". My doc said it was because of my age and smoking. I'll be 35 on may by the way. Within 2 weekes of taking these POPs I started experiencing complete numbness in my arms,hand and lower down there it was horrible. I couldn't sleep for about four days and not sure about my insurance I didn't go to Any urgent care or anyplace. So I stopped the pill and I feel fine. I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there that had any kind of experience like mine if so I would love to hear about it Thank you Kbeth"

Billiards April 10, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I'm 39. Have 3kids. I had been using the nuva ring for several years and loved it. No problems. But because of my age,having diabetes my doctor put me on Nora be. I just got off my cycle,started this pill and 3days later I start bleeding again and have been for 5days and I mean extremely bad going through a pad and tampon every 30min. I have read other reviews and see this is common but I have had good swings,headaches, dizziness, cramps,bloating, increase appetite and heart flutters. I'm not taking this BC anymore. I'm done having kids now anyway so I think I'll just Tie my tubes and not go through or worry about this anymore."

Lilbit! April 8, 2016