User Reviews for Avelox

6.2
Intraabdominal Infection 1 reviews 56 medications

Summary of Avelox reviews 137 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Avelox

For Sinusitis "I have taken Avelox on several occasions for sinusitis and bronchitis and within two doses, I always feel 10 times better! I am aware that dizziness and nausea can be side effects, but since I have taken it before bed, this has never been an issue. I am surprised at the number of people who try to take it during the day - take it at night and you will tolerate it just fine"

Anonymous March 18, 2016

For Sinusitis "After eight days I have no improvement at all, I asked my doctor to switch to levaquin."

Thed (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Bronchitis "The second pill made me feel confused, anxious, lightheaded."

Sabina83 February 12, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "Absolute best antibiotic I've ever used! I was feeling better within 2 days. No side effects. I've used it for both a UTI and Sinus Infection. Worked amazingly both times. I have a sensitive stomach and usually hate taking medication. But this stuff really works."

Syd10 January 18, 2016

For Sinusitis "Very powerful med. Doc prescribed for my sinus infection. Major dizziness within half hour of taking the meds. It stays for about 5 hours. Congestion does clear up really fast. However I took it at night for the first dose and could not sleep the whole night. The 2nd day till today (5th), I took them after lunch and rested. The dizziness is overpowering. I literally can't function but I can sleep at night 2nd day onwards tho it takes slightly longer than usual to doze off. Happy today is my last day and I will probably never want to take this again if I can help it."

Moko (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

For Pneumonia "I was diagnosed with pneumonia after a few days of taking amoxicillin because of being mis-diagnosed with acute bronchitis. Before I started taking the Avelox, I had a fever of 103, a pretty bad headache, and was super tired and didn't want to do anything. My doctor told me the Avelox would make be even more tired. For the first 2 days it did, but my fever also broke and my headache went away. Also started coughing up more and more phlegm. By the 3rd day I started feeling better but still had a cough and was just a bit tired. It seems I missed out on some of the side effects but I did experience a bit of dizziness in the beginning and a loss of appetite. I'm on day 5 of my 8 day dosage. Going back to the doctor Thursday morning."

Travis_717 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

For Sinusitis "Thank you all for the heads up on %u2018taking the medication with food!%u2019 My bottle didn%u2019t come with that label and the Avelox along with the side-effects has been many and terrible on my stomach, head and body. I am on day 9 of 15 day dose for sinusitis (and previously had pneumonia) %u2026and wasn%u2019t aware of the numerous side effects until now. Was about to quit taking the med due to the long list of brutal adverse reactions, yet will implement the %u2018eat before taking%u2019 concept and hope to triumph through, as they have made a huge difference in my upper and lower respiratory issues. And with any luck there will be no after affects of the side-effects!"

Sommoya (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

For Bronchitis "This is the third time I am prescribed Avelox. The first time for pneumonia and the last two times for bronchitis. This is by far one of the most potent antibiotic available. Doctors are very reluctant in prescribing this antibiotics because it is basically the last defence. Thus, doctors will tend to prescribe other, less potent antibiotics first, the reason being that bacteria will eventually adapt to any Antibiotics. So it should only be prescribe when required."

Gil-t October 13, 2015

For Pneumonia "I have the most horrible experience with ALL antibiotics....they make me feel worse than whatever I have! Was prescribed Avelox for my pneumonia and within 24-hours all symptoms had abated and lung function had returned to normal. Best of all I experienced zero side effects! Have since has pneumonia a second time and was prescribed Avelox and had it was like "Groundhog Day". Powerful antibiotic but works extremely well!"

americansunrise (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2015

For Bronchitis "I am rarely ill so have not taken a lot of medications; I also have a sensitivity to medications. I told this to the prescribing physician when seen for bronchitis. She prescribed avelox and by day 3 I had developed large red welts; went back to the Doctor who determined it was erythema nodosum. Avelox was overkill for someone like me - it was way to strong and this was a horrible side effect."

JohDav August 23, 2015

For Pneumonia "I am on a 14 day course of avelox for pneumonia. Apparently it was quite well spread over both lungs. First course of antibiotics made no difference. Ended up in emergency where they did a CT scan and I was given 2 lots of antibiotics via a drip. Was sent home with avelox which has improved things greatly. The side effects are I am very tired, no appetite ! This medication is well worth the side effect. A very frightening experience !"

Takara Bell July 4, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "At first it seemed to help, didn't connect the rash to the medication, then blurred vision, high anxiety, nausea, tightness in my chest & felt extremely ill, like I was going to die or have a heart attack."

Bobtail222 May 13, 2015

For Sinusitis "Works great, but side effects are horrible Sweating, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, next sinus infection. Give me something else doc."

the plumber March 27, 2015

For Sinusitis "My experience is that I experienced arthritic symptoms in my joints. In particular my top finger joints where red knobs appeared and I experienced pain and sometimes itching. I also experienced pain in my achillies tendon and weakness in legs"

poppine February 15, 2015

For Pneumonia "I had shortness of breath and chest pains right side, doctor sent for X-rays. Called next day and told me I had pneumonia of left lung. It's been 5 days now and I slept throughout the night yesterday for 1st time in a week, chest pains still there but less intense. After 10 days on medicine I am going back for X-rays. So far so good."

pebam007 February 7, 2015

For Bronchitis "I love Avelox. Every winter, I am sick for months. I spend thousands of dollars on doctor visits, blood tests, chest x-rays. We go through rounds and rounds of antibiotics. I used to have great success with Augmentin, but it doesn't work anymore. Levaquin did the job one year, but hasn't been effective since. Last year, I combed the internet and found people like me that had success with Avelox. After one dose, I was feeling better (after being sick for 3 months). It completely knocked out the infection and I was back on my feet the very next day. I've been sick for 3 weeks and took my first dose of Avelox yesterday. I am already feeling better. I am so thankful for this medication."

Amysickfortoolong (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2015

For Sinusitis "I was given Avelox after other medicines just didn't clear up my sinus infection. It worked with noticeable relief in a couple days, and by my last dose I was back to my old self. I had been treated for six weeks previously, with 4 different antibiotics that just didn't clear this up. Very thankful for this!"

flowerladytoo (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2015

For Bronchitis "I was prescribed this after a sinus infection turned into bronchitis. The take with food sign on the bottle should be in bold letters. I took the pill before my breakfast and threw up thirty minutes later. You need food in your stomach before the pill. This pill is the only pill that helps cure my horrible sinus infections. Eat first and you should be fine."

nikiww (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2014

For Sinusitis "Numb hands for an hour, severe headache, blurry vision, rash on my arms. And this was with my first dosage. Doctor didn't even ask to see what previous antibiotics worked for me in the past. He just gave me Avelox and prednisone and said "on your way"."

Toritori September 14, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "I get horrible side effects from literally every other antibiotic out there, except for Avelox. Of course all medications affect people differently, but I have never felt any of the effects people list here, except for a little fatigue. This medication works very well."

Arrott111 May 12, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "Took my first dose of Avelox while I was at work (I am a nurse). About 15-20 minutes later I began to itch on my neck, then my face and mouth began to swell and itch. Luckily I was at a place where I could get epinephrine on board right away to prevent an anaphylaxis reaction!"

Nursedonna April 25, 2014

For Prostatitis "Started taking for Prostatitis for 20 days. I went to the gym which I was never told I shouldn't do, the next day tendon damage in wrists, fingers, elbow, shoulder and sternum. Been 6 days since the pain and still no relief, took 14 of the tablets and stopped. Hoping it goes soon as unable to work due to being a tradesman. Taking everything very carefully as do not want these issues with my leg, ankle and feet tendons. Oh and Prostatitis not cleared up."

Mose30 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2013

For Pneumonia "Am on day six of 10 course for pneumonia. Had a injectable at Dr. Office and then oral meds. Noticed major improvement in coughing and wheezing in 48 hours. Nearly all pneumonia symptoms now abated. Have had major side effects. No appetite, severe dizziness and confusion (just trying to answer work email has been a challenge). I've also experienced constipation and very bad acid reflux. Overall very effective but I'm pretty incapacitated by the side effects."

sick mommy (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2013

For Bacterial Infection "After taking this for 3 days and experiencing horrible pain throughout by body I quit. It caused tendinitis in several of my joints. "

Not cured November 19, 2013

For Bacterial Infection "I did get a bit dizzy so I would take this at bedtime and did at first get a faster heart beat but may have been cause I read all the crazy side effects online. This medicine did work for me. Had an awful case of tonsillitis. Be sure to read the package and how other meds (even vitamins) you may be taking can alter the effects and increase chances of side effects."

City Gal (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2013