User Reviews for Avelox

Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Avelox reviews 121 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Avelox

Review by Arrott111:

For Bacterial Infection: I get horrible side effects from literally every other antibiotic out there, except for Avelox. Of course all medications affect people differently, but I have never felt any of the effects people list here, except for a little fatigue. This medication works very well.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2014 1:41 PM

Review by Nursedonna:

For Bacterial Infection: Took my first dose of Avelox while I was at work (I am a nurse). About 15-20 minutes later I began to itch on my neck, then my face and mouth began to swell and itch. Luckily I was at a place where I could get epinephrine on board right away to prevent an anaphylaxis reaction!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2014 8:58 AM

Review by Mose30 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Prostatitis: Started taking for Prostatitis for 20 days. I went to the gym which I was never told I shouldn't do, the next day tendon damage in wrists, fingers, elbow, shoulder and sternum. Been 6 days since the pain and still no relief, took 14 of the tablets and stopped. Hoping it goes soon as unable to work due to being a tradesman. Taking everything very carefully as do not want these issues with my leg, ankle and feet tendons. Oh and Prostatitis not cleared up.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2013 11:56 PM

Review by sick mommy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Am on day six of 10 course for pneumonia. Had a injectable at Dr. Office and then oral meds. Noticed major improvement in coughing and wheezing in 48 hours. Nearly all pneumonia symptoms now abated. Have had major side effects. No appetite, severe dizziness and confusion (just trying to answer work email has been a challenge). I've also experienced constipation and very bad acid reflux. Overall very effective but I'm pretty incapacitated by the side effects.

November 24, 2013 2:35 AM

Review by Not cured:

For Bacterial Infection: After taking this for 3 days and experiencing horrible pain throughout by body I quit. It caused tendinitis in several of my joints.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2013 6:32 AM

Review by City Gal (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I did get a bit dizzy so I would take this at bedtime and did at first get a faster heart beat but may have been cause I read all the crazy side effects online. This medicine did work for me. Had an awful case of tonsillitis. Be sure to read the package and how other meds (even vitamins) you may be taking can alter the effects and increase chances of side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 12:24 PM

Review by AlwaysSick:(:

For Pneumonia: It took me two whole days of agony and suffering pneumonia while thinking whether to take this medicine or not, the reviews and side effects are terrifying. But I got over it and took the pill: Here's what I did. Everyday at 1pm I eat something not too heavy but satisfying, then at 2pm I take the pill with a whole 500ml water bottle. Avoid iron, multivitamins and all that, also avoid dairy unless you're fine with having to go to the bathroom a couple of times during the day. I didn't get any side effects. I'm drinking a lot of water, I'm eating well, eating lots of fruits and most importantly, I'm resting. On day 4 of 7 now, and I can safely say that this medicine really does work so well feeling so much better with clear lungs. Good luck.

September 25, 2013 8:01 PM

Review by Hels bells:

For Sinusitis: A good target specific antibiotic for upper respiratory tract infection and lower respiratory tract infections together with sinusitis which works fast and I experienced no side effects bar taste being affected but only temporarily.

September 22, 2013 8:02 AM

Review by bmundy:

For Pneumonia: I was surprised that the 1st night I noticed a huge difference in how I felt. I have not had any of the side effects that are listed except for being tired. I am on day 6 and I am still amazed on how it does work. The cost is the only thing I do not like about this medicine. But if I had to take it again I would.

June 11, 2013 10:19 PM

Review by Kaiyasmom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I took a 10 day dose 1 year ago for a sinus infection, and only remember feeling much better in a short time. Since I was already miserable, I don't remember having any adverse reactions. Recently, I got a 7 day dose for another sinus infection and an ear infection, and I felt good on day 3 and 4 with only mild nausea and dizziness. Taking it on a full stomach helped. I started to feel poor on day 5 and developed a terrible headache that lasted 2 days. By day 7, I developed severe fatigue, muscle, tendon and joint pain. I agree with other reviews, in that this is a very effective medicine, but the side effects can be severe. I am glad to hear that these go away in a few days.

May 30, 2013 10:48 PM

Review by another jonesy:

For Pneumonia: While the side effects given makes a nervous-making read, I've been lucky in having no noticeable side effects. On day 9 of 10. Had gone to ER, felt like I was drowning, could not breathe well, not enough oxygen. They put me on an inhaler to dilate bronchia, started me on Avelox, I got an Albuterol inhaler next morning. Started feeling much better day 2. Had a bit of coughing now and then clearing phlegm. Only concern is how they tell pneumonia is actually gone, apart from symptom relief.

May 4, 2013 12:48 AM

Review by onejap (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Azithromycin failed to get rid of bronchitis. Switched to Avelox. No side effects, by the 2nd day, felt much better, got rid of congested feeling. It made me sweat more than usual, but sweating was nothing compared to menopausal hot flashes.

April 10, 2013 4:22 PM

For Sinusitis: After second dose of Avelox, I broke out in hives. This is unfortunate, because I felt a world of difference (better) within 6 hours of taking the initial dose. Now that I've got hives, I am back to another antibiotic and I don't know if it will work as well.

February 6, 2013 8:00 PM

Review by Mt25 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Developed pneumonia after a bad case of influenza that kept increasing my fever over 8 days. Almost went to the ER as I have another neurological condition, but was able to see my doctor again. Pneumonia has developed and Avelox was prescribed along with the continuation of my other medicines. As my voice had not been present for days, I had noticed a huge improvement within 12hrs already. I would say for me and my other health concerns and for not having much of an appetite during this illness, this medicine is bringing me back to normal fast. Good luck to whomever needs this and needs to feel better ASAP.

December 18, 2012 6:18 AM

Review by netly (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I felt much better after just two days.

November 17, 2012 7:13 PM

Review by haml (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Prostatitis: I have been struggling with this a bacterial prostate infection (E Coli) for more than 3 years. Now finally after trying dozens of antibiotics, Avelox seemed to do a better job than Cipro or Levaquin, after 9 weeks I was cured.

September 12, 2012 8:02 PM

For Bronchitis: This is very strong medication. I came from abroad with a bronchial infection and had to see my doctor. Cephalaxin and Clarithromycin prescribed to me abroad by doctors apparently could not suppress the infection and my doctor put me on Avelox on a 7 day course. I finished the course with great reluctance yesterday. It did relieve the symptoms to a great degree, but the side effects have been severe. I have severe loss of appetite, continue to be nauseous, lethargic, experience loss of energy and became dizzy. I had extremely uncomfortable palpitations, tightness and pain in the chest throughout the course, and several sleepless nights. I have lost nearly 5 pounds over the seven days.

August 22, 2012 8:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I had bronchitis that I thought went away after a Zpak. It was back within a few weeks, so I went back and got put on 10 days of cephalexin. Day 6 I was still coughing all night (and lots of the day), so I got some samples of Avelox. I was a little scared after reading some of the horror stories, but I couldn't stand the coughing anymore and I was willing to try whatever. I am on Day 3. The medicine (I think?) makes me sweat and feel a little "off" for a couple hours after I take it, but other than that, I am pleased to report no side effects (knocking on wood!) and a dramatic reduction in coughing. I take it after lunch and am drinking LOTS of fluids (as per instructions) and I am amazed at how well it seems to be working.

June 25, 2012 11:32 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I suffer from sinus infections about every two months that lead into bronchitis within days of the first symptom. Usually I get the Zpack but have been on Augmentin and Ceftin trying to find something that works better. This time the clinic doctor prescribed the Avelox and I am on day 3 right now, my sinuses are draining, and the tightness in my chest is better. Unfortunately I am getting horrible diarrhea now, which is not fun when you are coughing a lot.

June 24, 2012 6:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I have been on Avelox for 4 days now and my symptoms don't appear to be improving and I am still running a fever. If no improvement is seen by tomorrow I am going back to my Dr.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2012 10:25 PM

Review by Toronto guy:

For Pneumonia: This is an amazing medicine. By day 2, I was feeling significantly well. Notwithstanding, the side-effects of the medication for me personally are not comfortable: sore kidneys in the morning, stomach upset, intestinal discomfort, headaches and muscle soreness. However, I realize that it's really important to finish my dosage (7 day supply) and I'm on day 4. This feels like a powerful antibiotic in my system and I'm aware that it is effective against resistant gram positive and negative bacterial infections. 3 more days....yay.

April 22, 2012 11:31 AM

For Bronchitis: I was prescribed Avelox for 7 days for bronchitis, so far so good, the only side effect was a little dizziness and nausea.

April 19, 2012 9:15 PM

Review by princess72:

For Pneumonia: I am allergic to penicillin so the next course of meds for me is Biaxin for everything. I had Pneumonia in Nov and they gave me two bottles of antibiotics before I felt somewhat better, however, the cough kind of lingered on a little but the breathing was the worst. Ended up at urgent care 3 times in March and first time, asthma and they gave me inhalers even though I disagree, 2nd trip, Singulair for sinuses and an inhaler, 3rd trip, two inhalers and Biaxin, last trip and at this point beyond mad because I couldn't breath, I couldn't go anywhere as I'd use my inhaler sometimes 10 times a day. Finally, she put me on a powder puffer and Alevox. I just finished the Alevox yesterday and haven't felt this good since last September. It's my miracle.

April 12, 2012 5:01 AM

For Pneumonia: I am on my sixth day of Avelex 400mg for pneumonia. I have noticed a big change in my breathing and I do feel better. Still counting down to the last 4. Mostly because after I take it, I start feeling depressed, ill, tired, and still can not eat or drink much. So I dehydrated to the point that I could not understand what people were saying. Nothing made any sense. That is better now, but still get confused, dizzy, lightheaded when I walk depressed and so on.

April 4, 2012 8:15 PM

Review by amiga:

For Sinusitis: If you take SSRI's (antidepressants) for anxiety and/or depression, watch it while on this medicine. In addition to the dizziness, lightheadedness, and stomach problems, it might reduce the overall effectiveness of your SSRI.

March 16, 2012 11:12 AM