User Reviews for Avelox

Plague Prophylaxis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 65 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Avelox reviews 126 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Avelox

For Bacterial Infection "At first it seemed to help, didn't connect the rash to the medication, then blurred vision, high anxiety, nausea, tightness in my chest & felt extremely ill, like I was going to die or have a heart attack."

Bobtail222 May 13, 2015

For Sinusitis "Works great, but side effects are horrible Sweating, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, next sinus infection. Give me something else doc."

the plumber March 27, 2015

For Sinusitis "My experience is that I experienced arthritic symptoms in my joints. In particular my top finger joints where red knobs appeared and I experienced pain and sometimes itching. I also experienced pain in my achillies tendon and weakness in legs"

poppine February 15, 2015

For Pneumonia "I had shortness of breath and chest pains right side, doctor sent for X-rays. Called next day and told me I had pneumonia of left lung. It's been 5 days now and I slept throughout the night yesterday for 1st time in a week, chest pains still there but less intense. After 10 days on medicine I am going back for X-rays. So far so good."

pebam007 February 7, 2015

For Bronchitis "I love Avelox. Every winter, I am sick for months. I spend thousands of dollars on doctor visits, blood tests, chest x-rays. We go through rounds and rounds of antibiotics. I used to have great success with Augmentin, but it doesn't work anymore. Levaquin did the job one year, but hasn't been effective since. Last year, I combed the internet and found people like me that had success with Avelox. After one dose, I was feeling better (after being sick for 3 months). It completely knocked out the infection and I was back on my feet the very next day. I've been sick for 3 weeks and took my first dose of Avelox yesterday. I am already feeling better. I am so thankful for this medication."

Amysickfortoolong (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2015

For Sinusitis "I was given Avelox after other medicines just didn't clear up my sinus infection. It worked with noticeable relief in a couple days, and by my last dose I was back to my old self. I had been treated for six weeks previously, with 4 different antibiotics that just didn't clear this up. Very thankful for this!"

flowerladytoo (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2015

For Bronchitis "I was prescribed this after a sinus infection turned into bronchitis. The take with food sign on the bottle should be in bold letters. I took the pill before my breakfast and threw up thirty minutes later. You need food in your stomach before the pill. This pill is the only pill that helps cure my horrible sinus infections. Eat first and you should be fine."

nikiww (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2014

For Sinusitis "Numb hands for an hour, severe headache, blurry vision, rash on my arms. And this was with my first dosage. Doctor didn't even ask to see what previous antibiotics worked for me in the past. He just gave me Avelox and prednisone and said "on your way"."

Toritori September 14, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "I get horrible side effects from literally every other antibiotic out there, except for Avelox. Of course all medications affect people differently, but I have never felt any of the effects people list here, except for a little fatigue. This medication works very well."

Arrott111 May 12, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "Took my first dose of Avelox while I was at work (I am a nurse). About 15-20 minutes later I began to itch on my neck, then my face and mouth began to swell and itch. Luckily I was at a place where I could get epinephrine on board right away to prevent an anaphylaxis reaction!"

Nursedonna April 25, 2014

For Prostatitis "Started taking for Prostatitis for 20 days. I went to the gym which I was never told I shouldn't do, the next day tendon damage in wrists, fingers, elbow, shoulder and sternum. Been 6 days since the pain and still no relief, took 14 of the tablets and stopped. Hoping it goes soon as unable to work due to being a tradesman. Taking everything very carefully as do not want these issues with my leg, ankle and feet tendons. Oh and Prostatitis not cleared up."

Mose30 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2013

For Pneumonia "Am on day six of 10 course for pneumonia. Had a injectable at Dr. Office and then oral meds. Noticed major improvement in coughing and wheezing in 48 hours. Nearly all pneumonia symptoms now abated. Have had major side effects. No appetite, severe dizziness and confusion (just trying to answer work email has been a challenge). I've also experienced constipation and very bad acid reflux. Overall very effective but I'm pretty incapacitated by the side effects."

sick mommy (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2013

For Bacterial Infection "After taking this for 3 days and experiencing horrible pain throughout by body I quit. It caused tendinitis in several of my joints. "

Not cured November 19, 2013

For Bacterial Infection "I did get a bit dizzy so I would take this at bedtime and did at first get a faster heart beat but may have been cause I read all the crazy side effects online. This medicine did work for me. Had an awful case of tonsillitis. Be sure to read the package and how other meds (even vitamins) you may be taking can alter the effects and increase chances of side effects."

City Gal (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2013

For Pneumonia "It took me two whole days of agony and suffering pneumonia while thinking whether to take this medicine or not, the reviews and side effects are terrifying. But I got over it and took the pill: Here's what I did. Everyday at 1pm I eat something not too heavy but satisfying, then at 2pm I take the pill with a whole 500ml water bottle. Avoid iron, multivitamins and all that, also avoid dairy unless you're fine with having to go to the bathroom a couple of times during the day. I didn't get any side effects. I'm drinking a lot of water, I'm eating well, eating lots of fruits and most importantly, I'm resting. On day 4 of 7 now, and I can safely say that this medicine really does work so well feeling so much better with clear lungs. Good luck."

AlwaysSick:( September 25, 2013

For Sinusitis "A good target specific antibiotic for upper respiratory tract infection and lower respiratory tract infections together with sinusitis which works fast and I experienced no side effects bar taste being affected but only temporarily."

Hels bells September 22, 2013

For Pneumonia "I was surprised that the 1st night I noticed a huge difference in how I felt. I have not had any of the side effects that are listed except for being tired. I am on day 6 and I am still amazed on how it does work. The cost is the only thing I do not like about this medicine. But if I had to take it again I would."

bmundy June 11, 2013

For Sinusitis "I took a 10 day dose 1 year ago for a sinus infection, and only remember feeling much better in a short time. Since I was already miserable, I don't remember having any adverse reactions. Recently, I got a 7 day dose for another sinus infection and an ear infection, and I felt good on day 3 and 4 with only mild nausea and dizziness. Taking it on a full stomach helped. I started to feel poor on day 5 and developed a terrible headache that lasted 2 days. By day 7, I developed severe fatigue, muscle, tendon and joint pain. I agree with other reviews, in that this is a very effective medicine, but the side effects can be severe. I am glad to hear that these go away in a few days."

Kaiyasmom (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2013

For Pneumonia "While the side effects given makes a nervous-making read, I've been lucky in having no noticeable side effects. On day 9 of 10. Had gone to ER, felt like I was drowning, could not breathe well, not enough oxygen. They put me on an inhaler to dilate bronchia, started me on Avelox, I got an Albuterol inhaler next morning. Started feeling much better day 2. Had a bit of coughing now and then clearing phlegm. Only concern is how they tell pneumonia is actually gone, apart from symptom relief."

another jonesy May 4, 2013

For Bronchitis "Azithromycin failed to get rid of bronchitis. Switched to Avelox. No side effects, by the 2nd day, felt much better, got rid of congested feeling. It made me sweat more than usual, but sweating was nothing compared to menopausal hot flashes."

onejap (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2013

For Sinusitis "After second dose of Avelox, I broke out in hives. This is unfortunate, because I felt a world of difference (better) within 6 hours of taking the initial dose. Now that I've got hives, I am back to another antibiotic and I don't know if it will work as well."

Anonymous February 6, 2013

For Pneumonia "Developed pneumonia after a bad case of influenza that kept increasing my fever over 8 days. Almost went to the ER as I have another neurological condition, but was able to see my doctor again. Pneumonia has developed and Avelox was prescribed along with the continuation of my other medicines. As my voice had not been present for days, I had noticed a huge improvement within 12hrs already. I would say for me and my other health concerns and for not having much of an appetite during this illness, this medicine is bringing me back to normal fast. Good luck to whomever needs this and needs to feel better ASAP."

Mt25 (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2012

For Sinusitis "I felt much better after just two days."

netly (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2012

For Prostatitis "I have been struggling with this a bacterial prostate infection (E Coli) for more than 3 years. Now finally after trying dozens of antibiotics, Avelox seemed to do a better job than Cipro or Levaquin, after 9 weeks I was cured."

haml (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2012

For Bronchitis "This is very strong medication. I came from abroad with a bronchial infection and had to see my doctor. Cephalaxin and Clarithromycin prescribed to me abroad by doctors apparently could not suppress the infection and my doctor put me on Avelox on a 7 day course. I finished the course with great reluctance yesterday. It did relieve the symptoms to a great degree, but the side effects have been severe. I have severe loss of appetite, continue to be nauseous, lethargic, experience loss of energy and became dizzy. I had extremely uncomfortable palpitations, tightness and pain in the chest throughout the course, and several sleepless nights. I have lost nearly 5 pounds over the seven days."

Anonymous August 22, 2012