User Reviews for Morphine

Also known as: Astramorph PF, Avinza, Doloral, Doloral Sirop, Duramorph, Duramorph PF, Infumorph, Kadian, M O S, M-Eslon, Morphine LP Epidural, Morphine Rapi-Ject, Morphine Sulfate ER, Morphine Sulfate IR, Morphine Sulfate SR, ...show all 27 brand names

Learn more about Morphine.

Chronic Pain 44 reviews 102 medications

8.5
Pain 149 reviews 912 medications

Summary of Morphine reviews 193 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Morphine

Review by keenone (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: Lumbar, 3 level fusion with hardware. Cervical, 3 level fusion with hardware. Take 200mg every night. The best pain medicine ever taken. After 4 years on same dose, fighting with insurance company for higher dose.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2014 1:08 AM

Review by Millie57 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: Yesterday was the first time using this medicine. And it works Great, I also take Lortab. I did not take any, only the Morphine Sulfate ER and it kept all my pain away for 12 hrs. Love It.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by kord:

For Chronic Pain: Works just fine and very few side effects

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 6:01 AM

Review by rocker-chick96:

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: After getting a bad infection meningitis I had some long term damage. I have migraines daily and fibromyalgia and interstitial cystitis. I can't take most pain medication because it can make it worse. Morphine is the only one that has worked for me & I'm able to live a life! It's been 7 years and my dose has stayed the same. I take morphine sulphate IR 30, 3 times a day. No side effects no more. I can drive & it doesn't affect daily activities. But be careful it causes constipation. So if you are on it I recommend that you take a stool softener & vitamins.

August 10, 2014 3:06 PM

Review by ron b:

For Pain: I have 6 bad discs with degenerative bone and disc disease. I have been on Morphine Sulfate for over 5 years. I started on Methadone then went to Oxy's while the morphine still helps, the the dosage 30mg x 3 daily plus Norco 10/325 along with muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory medicines. I live a much more productive live. The morphine is awesome!

August 3, 2014 3:34 PM

Review by shamika (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: Works great put me 2 sleep fast

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 7:49 AM

Review by Melimad:

For Chronic Pain: I have had back problems for a very long time, female trouble (hysterectomy @ 31 yrs old) and fibromyalgia. Also have severe arthritis (runs in our family I believe) As 4 rating this medicine, it helped tons with the pain but the downside (very bad downside) was after taking it for so long when you stop you get so very sick. In my opinion, the sickness is worse than coming off of Percocet, Vicodin, etc. Don't know why that is but that's just what I expect for myself. I know all about slowly cutting down your doses and all and I surely didn't expect it 2 be rainbows and sunshine, but in my experience it was worse than the DT's you get from the others I mentioned. Aside from that, it did help with the pain a great deal.

May 31, 2014 7:13 AM

Review by Jewels14 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: Morphine Sulfate ER 15 mg. I have been using this for approximately 6 months. I find that many of the side effects listed have become apparent to me. I do experience: shakiness, constipation, elevated liver enzymes, difficulty urinating, uncontrollable sleepiness, blurred vision, sensitivity to bright lights at nighttime, including some indoor lighting. In addition, I suffer from stomach pain, feel lethargic at times, memory loss, lack of desire to socialize, depression, and other minor events that I did not have prior to taking morphine.

March 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Review by rsizemore2:

Infumorph (morphine) for Chronic Pain: Great for chronic pain that last on a all day, on a daily basis.

March 17, 2014 3:39 AM

Review by yjn (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: Two scripts (different mg) Kadian(brand only) therapeutic amount by far the best long acting narcotic I've taken (with Lyrica ,Topomax , Zanaflex, etc). Struck by lightning- neurological effects; fibromyalgia; thoracic outlet syndrome; spinal stenosis in cervical, thoracic & lumbar. 3 level lumbar decompression -power wheelchair; thoracic spinal surgery, and so much more.

February 25, 2014 4:12 AM

Review by spcruz (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: I've had 9 knee surgeries including a replacement at 48 (08), 7 facial repairs, fibromyalgia, arthritis, chronic hormonal migraines, asthma& a ruptured left diagphram from coughing. Liver's in chest & partially collapsed ft. lung lobe. The black mold/ severe allergies/infections = cannot breath without constant severe pain/pluresy rib fractures etc! I was using15mg er q 12 hours w/ 15mg or every 6 for break through! Not cutting the pain but better. After bout with severe stomach flu & in hospital 5 days I am using the oral liquid morphine! W/ the ER significantly more effective!

January 24, 2014 3:06 AM

Review by MommaDragan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: I was in a really bad car wreck in which I had temporary paralysis due to C3 and C4 fractures and was in a halo for almost 4 months. I would have never survived physical therapy and everyday movement with out this medication.

January 16, 2014 12:58 AM

Review by Anon718 (taken for less than 1 month):

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: I suffer from severe pelvic and abdominal adhesions and severe pelvic pain as a result. It was from a combination of several surgeries, GI issues, endometriosis, bleeding ovarian cysts etc. I am going to be 30 this year and the condition has robbed me of most of my twenties. For years I have tried Percocet, Dilaudid, Lortab, oxycodone, dihydrocodeine, injections in my nerves, Lyrica, topimarate. They only work for a short time and then I have to pretty much live my life around my pain medicine schedule. Then after my last 2 surgeries, the pain got better and was slightly okay with Lortab but not good enough. I started MS Contin 15mg twice a day last week and I have been virtually pain free. I even forget to take the second dose sometimes.

January 14, 2014 3:51 PM

Review by HurtsSoyoung:

MS Contin (morphine) for Pain: Took my pain from a 9 to a 2! Lasts all day and rarely have to take my break through pain medication. I have ADHD, Chronic Pain, Panic Attack Disorder. MS Contin, 180 twice a day Oxycodone IR, 30mg every four hours 6mg when required of Xanax IR Adderall, 30mg IR twice a day

January 8, 2014 4:51 AM

Review by nrl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: Aside from making me sleepy about 6 hours after taking the capsule, didn't help much with pain.

December 13, 2013 5:02 PM

Review by JGM (taken for 1 to 6 months):

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: Great results!

November 29, 2013 2:02 PM

Review by Anita9:

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: This works for me with very few side effects.

October 7, 2013 10:23 PM

Review by Redsouthgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: I have rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, foraminal stenosis, bulging discs, nerve damage in both hands, both knees "going out" and bursitis in both hips and I'm only 28 years old. I have been on Lortabs 10/500 and Oxycodone 20mg for years, but they never lasted long enough for my chronic pain. So my doctor tried me on MS Contin 100mg 2 x daily and then Lortab 10/325 for breakthrough pain. WOW, what a difference that was, my pain was more under controlled and I was getting more sleep and was able to do some of the things I used to enjoy.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2013 3:31 PM

Review by John0505 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: I was prescribed 60 mg MSContin twice a day switching from the 50mcg/hr fentanyl patch because of side effects problems and the fact it only works for the first two days. I was diagnosed with fairly severe osteoarthritis and degenerative disk disease, last year at the age of 26. After wearing the patch for a few months my natural pain tolerance nearly vanished. Now taking this MS-Contin feels like taking aspirin or a small ER/CR hydrocodone dose.

August 31, 2013 1:46 AM

Review by wounded horse (taken for less than 1 month):

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: My fabulous pain management Dr. Just put me on 30mg twice a day I have been taking this dose for a week now, I'm also taking Norco-10/325 up to eight a day and Soma 350mg. I have been taking these medicines for several years now. I have relief from taking the Norco and Soma but it just didn't seem to last as long, would wake up in the middle of the night hurting real bad, but seems like since the Dr has put me on this MS-Contin 30mg twice daily has really helped with constant relief, God bless my Dr. No side effects so far.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2013 5:53 AM

Review by Sarah 17 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: I am taking this for my chronic pain, along with Hydrocodone 15mg x 4 daily for breakthrough pain. These seem to work well for me but I end up sleeping A LOT because of them.

July 15, 2013 4:08 AM

Review by PainGuy123 (taken for less than 1 month):

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: This is for IR not SR or ER morphine. It's great. I have terrible reactions to extended release. I'm taking 15mg at 2 hour intervals. I've been working with where my pain is, yet it still hurts. I know a higher dose will do better, but Morphine Sulfate IR is going okay for now.

July 10, 2013 10:54 PM

Review by jamieleec:

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: Having severe chronic neck pain from an accident. Ms-Contin works great to help me live my day to day life easier.

June 27, 2013 12:40 PM

Review by p funk:

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: I take 100mg 2 TIMES A DAY and IT HELPS MY PAIN BUT I TAKE SOMETHING FOR BREAK THROUGH pain. It works for me but I would start at a lower dose & stay at a lower dose as long as I could.

June 16, 2013 8:44 PM

Review by jay-c:

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: I was taking upwards of 10-10/325 Percocets a day and still having knee pain that would prevent me from getting up in the morning, I suffer from chronic patella dislocation among several other knee issues. Taking 60mg MSContin 3 times a day is a God send. I'm down to 2-3 Percocet for the break through pain but the MSContin has helped me get through the day and be able to play with my son. I thank my doctor and pharmacist every month.

June 11, 2013 9:43 PM