User Reviews for Morphine

Also known as: Astramorph PF, Avinza, Doloral, Doloral Sirop, Duramorph, Duramorph PF, Infumorph, Kadian, M O S, M-Eslon, MorphaBond, Morphine LP Epidural, Morphine Rapi-Ject, Morphine Sulfate ER, Morphine Sulfate IR, ...show all 28 brand names

Learn more about Morphine.

Pain 155 reviews 1059 medications

Chronic Pain 78 reviews 108 medications

7.7
Summary of Morphine reviews 233 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Morphine

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "my breathing got very bad I wasn't told about the side affects I read about it on this site and I ask my gp why I wasn't told about the side affects and he wouldn't tell me so I may need to talk to my lawyer"

im a fool (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have had headaches, both migraine and just normal head pain since I was very young, I'm 56 now. I have tried several pain meds for my day to day, all day head pain headaches, from plain aspirin to what I'm on now, morphine sulphate. I'm only "allowed" to take 5mg every 8 hours, this single pill does not work....my doctor is on notice, not sure what for, but because he is he had to cut me down from 25mg to the 5. The higher dose was working!!! I'm now in pain again. Over the years I've gone from aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprophen (works sometimes, extra strength, times 4-6 liquid caps) oxycodone, etc etc but morphine works for me!"

Kartalou (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Did not help with much pain maybe a slight bit and only for an hour at most made me break out and itch till i was bleeding"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "It wears off too quick"

Dog head January 25, 2016

Avinza (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have cervical stenosis, multiple disc herniations, fibromyalgia and myofacial pain syndrome, etc since teen years. 38 now. Been to several pain clinics and docs on meds, narcotics but none helped me like avizia. I take 90mg plus 10/325 percocet as needed for break thru and it helps so much. I have only constipation and I take amitiza for that, I'm happy my insurance covers it."

butterflywarrior (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2016

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Kind of useless on the pain I'm in, was on it for 7 months, 4x a day 2x30mg ER and 2x30mg IR and I was still in pain and coming off it was a process. I never once took it other than prescribed and there is no doubt in my mind I was physically addicted to it. I weaned myself off for months to the point I was taking 1/4 a pill right when I laid down just so it did not feel like my skin was crawling as I tried to sleep. This is an addictive and useless pill for sciatica issues in my experience."

Kevin the sciatic man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "no problems with this med. was prescribed 30mg ER 2x daily. feeling better now. I quit taking them a couple days ago without any withdrawals."

dkj59 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "This gave me and upset stomach and I can't sleep no matter how exhausted I am. I have been up an entire night....."

Kimmie64 January 11, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Have not tried yet."

Audi1962 January 6, 2016

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I started taking Kadian for a couple of days then swapped back to my ms-contin until my next drs .visit to see what we need to do about the dosage .I started with the 10mg-ER which was good through the day but had 'the jitters' most of the time which I didn't like then it only lasted for maybe 10 hours & then started to detox & was awake the biggest part of the night until I was so tired I fell asleep around 4 a.m.The next day I took it again about 8 a.m.then took a second dose around 7 p.m. then stayed awake all night with 'the jitters' until 5 a.m. So I changed back to my 30mg ms-contin until I can see my dr. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with the change so I'm hoping for something better or I'll just have to pay $80 a month for the ms-contin"

Lilah M. (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

For Pain: "I have small cell lung cancer. My doctor prescribed fast release morphine yesterday, 30 mg and after 2 1/2 tablets I have stopped. I was on Norco 10 mg which took my pain to a completely tolerable level.The Morphine has left me terribly nauseated and barely able to eat, I itch horribly and it has sapped my energy terribly. Also it does not really reduce my pain. I took only 1/2 tab today and I've had enough."

Pazzaluna (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

MSIR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "MSIR was prescribed to me for breakthrough pain. It comes in 15 mg as well as 30 mg. I was prescribed the 30 mg up to 3 times a day. I usually take it at night when I wake up in severe pain. During the day while I'm awake I seem to be able to handle the pain with my MS con. but at night the pain keeps me up. The MSIR works fast and help well. I don't need more than one most of the time. It is a life saver."

Chronic man12345 December 6, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I took this b4 when I had open heart. Worked very well. Now I have just finished my 5th hip surgery and the Vics 5 a day dont help much. This 15mg makes me really tired. "

Day56 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "My doctor prescribes Morphine Sulfate IR 15, to me for chronic pain. I get a really bad pain in my abdomen immediately after I take a dose, happens every time. Does anybody have this problem? The only thing I like about taking Morphine, is that I don't get groggy from it, but, it doesn't seem to "kill" my pain completely. My doctor used to prescribe me Oxycodone 40 mg, I couldn't stand the way that it made me feel, I'd get drowsy and feel like I was on Heroin or something and it didn't take away my pain."

wayneversola November 12, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Seems to work well with not as many side effects as others narcotics"

fjay November 12, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Pain: "I have had 14 operations and where my back and neck was broke kills me. I have 4 bulging disc and my m s contin 60 mgs is not working anymore"

Gobbler 1 November 5, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Bad side effects restless leg syndrome, stomach cramps can't sleep at night"

johnny bug (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have been in chronic pain for many years I have c1 c2 3 4 5 6 7 9 of the spine bone spurs sister after on my spine spinal stenosis scoliosis l5 is degenerative degenerative disc disease degenerative joint disease multiple sclerosis my hip is cracked on both sides I have six kinds of cyst on my head there is no gap on my head every bone is cracked debbie is cracked both knees are bad nerve damage in my hands and on my legs have been on methadone 60 milligrams for about 5 years and oxycodone 15 milligrams 4 times a day for breakthrough pain that worked great but they switched me to morphine sulfate er 60 mill today's tI'm not going through withdrawals but it still not help my pain has anybodafter switching from methadone to morphine sulfate"

johnny bug (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Been Taking Morphine Sulfate 30 my x 3 daily for 10 years for a collapsed spine. Rods and screws in neck and back, spinal cord stimulus implant also. Started having breathing problems about 2 years ago. I had a sleep study and the result was Central Apnea, obstruction apnea, sleep apnea. Dr said central apnea is caused by Morphine sulfate have an appointment with Dr on 9-23-15.....Has anyone experience this????? Please Help"

Bamanana76 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "suffering from ME/CFS for over 25 yrs; morphine is ONLY med that decreased pain to tolerable level; take 75mg 3xday with 10mg statex(also morphine) for "breakout"pain; impossible to "forget" a dose; as the pain lets you know within an hour;1maj. side eff.constipation;controlled by250mg/magnesium 4xday"

ivica ME/CFS August 22, 2015

For Pain: "I've been taking MS 30mg T.I.D. For 4 months for my migraine pain with Tylenol 3 for breakthrough relief. Migraines are starting to come back not sure what other options I have as IR pain meds are not an option as my migraines are to frequent and I risk becoming addicted."

RScottW4211973 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "This medication works however the side effect of constant headaches are enough to drive a person crazy!"

Mrbackpain69 August 10, 2015

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I take Morphine Sulfate, 30mg;bid. I take Morphine for an incurrable brain disease. I take 3 narcotic medications for the absolutely unbareable pain I experience 8 times per day, at the exact same time. The Morphine IR 30mg. takes about a 1/0th of the pain away in about 20 minutes. If no relief in 20 minutes I take one more. For me Morphine IR 30 mg. is a good choice, it works fairly well, and does not interact with my other medications, which are many."

rascleo July 29, 2015

For Pain: "The only thing that works for chronic pain."

Anodyne333 July 25, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Very good medication (as they go) for chronic,intractable back pain. Works well with NSAIDs to keep pain at a tolerable level, without frequent dose changing. Needs to have a breakthrough med with it. Fast acting morphine a good choice."

SpiritSeer622 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2015