User Reviews for Morphine

Also known as: Astramorph PF, Avinza, Doloral, Doloral Sirop, Duramorph, Duramorph PF, Infumorph, Kadian, M O S, M-Eslon, MorphaBond, Morphine LP Epidural, Morphine Rapi-Ject, Morphine Sulfate ER, Morphine Sulfate IR, ...show all 28 brand names

Learn more about Morphine.

Pain 155 reviews 1070 medications

Chronic Pain 89 reviews 111 medications

7.6
Summary of Morphine reviews 244 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Morphine

For Chronic Pain: "I have had chronic back/abdominal pain for over 8 years. And I go to pain management. The morphine XR has given me back my life again. But the morphine definitely helps with my moderate pain. Unfortunately, now with the possible overdose death of Prince, the government will again tighten up restrictions on legally obtaining pain meds. I'm in NY, and we have some of the strictest controlled substance laws in the country. These were put in place after several high-profile celebrities who obtained these meds illegally, overdosed. It's not fair that the public has to pay the price for the rich and famous' mistakes. Celebrities will always find a way to "get around the laws", while the rest of us pay the price."

RisingPhx (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I take it for chronic back & foot pain. I had been taking OxyContin ER, but insurance isn't covering that anymore. I am not a fan of short-acting meds, trying to stay on top of pain with them. MS Contin seems to be working only slightly less effectively as the OxyContin ER. More dry mouth, less sedating tho. Both seem about equal on other side effects. I'm happy with it!"

Yendo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I've been on MS Contin for about 18 years for mult.chronic pain conditions .I take it responsibly and I consider it a huge responsibility to protect my health and my doctor's licenses. I had an odd side effect w/in 24 hrs of 1st dose. it gave me energy! I have also taken the immediate release .I don't find MSIR helpful(15 mg). also someone commented about a Avenza(sp?) ,the 24 hour rx..I was given rx several years ago (1 rx, one mo.cost approx.$1,200 ! I didn't find it useful.Since'91been on patches ,other narcotics etc.. but MSContin has been miracle rx giving me some quality of life..Grateful for any relief.God bless all who deal wuth thos pain issue "

G-Mom Fern (taken for 10 years or more) April 10, 2016

M-Eslon (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "How long does it take to get use to them, I use to take 12mg hydromorphone now in on 60mg of M-elson. But it seems to hit me faster then hydro. Will the fidgeting go away."

Just a friend (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

Avinza (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "BRING BACK AVINZA! I've had a C1-C2 Chronic Pain for 36 years now. The closest I have come to how things were before some illegal drunk in an 18-wheeler truck was allowed to kill two friends, change another friend's life, & ruin my life, has been AVINZA. It's been a year & my life again turned upside down, as I have yet to find another Morphine that compares to AVINZA. Of course I am refused to try MS- Contin, or Oxy-contin, even though I've taken Narcotics responsibly now for almost 25 years. Just bring back AVINZA, as I know there has to be other people like me, though I fear from experience- that we who suffer from Chronic Pain, are looked at as irrelevant, and why AVINZA was taken away from us!"

Wolfwolveswolf (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I fell in 2014 been on morphine for a year in a half I broke one leg and shattered my ankle in 3 places have rods in both legs and screw and bolts I'm on 15 mg 2xday and dilute with it I went from 4xday to 2xday wanted to come off of it but wanted to up the morphine but pain dr wanted to leave it the same but anyway the pain is so bad sometimes I can't do nothing but cry"

Pumpkinseed March 22, 2016

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was in a severe car accident and broke both hips, both shoulders, 6 cervical and 5 lumber and 1 thoracic vertebrae. I had to increase pain relievers, but the Tylenol with Codeine causes my liver enzymes to increase. So, I combine the morphine 15mg with Fentanyl patches (was at 75, dropped to 25, but back up to 50), for immediate relief. This allows me to be able to get out of bed and do activities and I'm in bed until it kicks in. I'm also on Gabapentin 800mg 3x daily and Soma. I have flu like symptoms when I miss my dose, so having to time my medical appointments to always be exactly on a day when I'm going to run out is an ongoing problem. Also, being on morphine means that I have to have dilaudid after surgeries."

Spike89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2016

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was on 40mg of Methadone four times a day for 5 years and it worked fairly well to control my pain. I have have back surgery at L5/S1 and have disc degenerative disease. Due to a change in insurance I have had to change to a different med. Now I am on 90mg of Morphine Sulphate ER. This does not seem to be helping close to what the Methadone was. I need help to find a medication that will help. Both my pain specialist and I thought this would do the trick but even with steroid injections I am still in massive pain."

Copierguy1961 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "As the Morphine was effective the more lasting effective was unexpected. I lost 12 teeth. A side affect? I don't have any other explanation. The health of my teeth was great before the 18 months of morphine. I was finally referred to a back pain specialist. I was to get off all medications to receive the injections. Cold turkey was the same as described any heroin withdrawal. But I survived. I am taking a strong anti inflammatory twice a day that seems to after 9 years keep the pain and the sciatica at bay. I still have numbness in my toes but that is nerve damage from the inflammation. I live with that. My lack of upper teeth to chew my food is uncomfortable and embarrassing, no more smiles for me. No money for replacements."

Coccyx Bone fracture (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Over 12 years I have been taking 240mg of Zomorph and tops up with Oramorph. All started when my neck collapsed and severed some nerves. Caused all sorts of trouble on my left side, numbness and chronic pain in shoulder, arm, thigh and groin. What was strange that it seemed to trigger all sorts of conditions, anaphylactic shock ( 4 times hospitalised, scary with my throat closing ), Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney stones ( twice really bad, on-going ), Cellulitis, Leg went black, purple and is still painful after 18 months. My biggest problem is my short term memory is shot. I can look at a number with 4 digits and turn the page and it's gone it takes me around 3 or 4 turns of the page before I can write the number down."

KeefyGee February 15, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I find it nearly impossible to see how MS contin 30 is equivalent to 20mg of oxycodone. In comparison, they are night and day different. The MScontin hardly does a thing at all! The oxycodone helped much, much more. Two of my back doctors took me off it because others abuse it. Seems the doctor's care more about junkies that chronic pain patients."

No help -Failed back surgeries (taken for 10 years or more) February 15, 2016

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "my breathing got very bad I wasn't told about the side affects I read about it on this site and I ask my gp why I wasn't told about the side affects and he wouldn't tell me so I may need to talk to my lawyer"

im a fool (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have had headaches, both migraine and just normal head pain since I was very young, I'm 56 now. I have tried several pain meds for my day to day, all day head pain headaches, from plain aspirin to what I'm on now, morphine sulphate. I'm only "allowed" to take 5mg every 8 hours, this single pill does not work....my doctor is on notice, not sure what for, but because he is he had to cut me down from 25mg to the 5. The higher dose was working!!! I'm now in pain again. Over the years I've gone from aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprophen (works sometimes, extra strength, times 4-6 liquid caps) oxycodone, etc etc but morphine works for me!"

Kartalou (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Did not help with much pain maybe a slight bit and only for an hour at most made me break out and itch till i was bleeding"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "It wears off too quick"

Dog head January 25, 2016

Avinza (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have cervical stenosis, multiple disc herniations, fibromyalgia and myofacial pain syndrome, etc since teen years. 38 now. Been to several pain clinics and docs on meds, narcotics but none helped me like avizia. I take 90mg plus 10/325 percocet as needed for break thru and it helps so much. I have only constipation and I take amitiza for that, I'm happy my insurance covers it."

butterflywarrior (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2016

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Kind of useless on the pain I'm in, was on it for 7 months, 4x a day 2x30mg ER and 2x30mg IR and I was still in pain and coming off it was a process. I never once took it other than prescribed and there is no doubt in my mind I was physically addicted to it. I weaned myself off for months to the point I was taking 1/4 a pill right when I laid down just so it did not feel like my skin was crawling as I tried to sleep. This is an addictive and useless pill for sciatica issues in my experience."

Kevin the sciatic man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "no problems with this med. was prescribed 30mg ER 2x daily. feeling better now. I quit taking them a couple days ago without any withdrawals."

dkj59 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "This gave me and upset stomach and I can't sleep no matter how exhausted I am. I have been up an entire night....."

Kimmie64 January 11, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Have not tried yet."

Audi1962 January 6, 2016

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I started taking Kadian for a couple of days then swapped back to my ms-contin until my next drs .visit to see what we need to do about the dosage .I started with the 10mg-ER which was good through the day but had 'the jitters' most of the time which I didn't like then it only lasted for maybe 10 hours & then started to detox & was awake the biggest part of the night until I was so tired I fell asleep around 4 a.m.The next day I took it again about 8 a.m.then took a second dose around 7 p.m. then stayed awake all night with 'the jitters' until 5 a.m. So I changed back to my 30mg ms-contin until I can see my dr. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with the change so I'm hoping for something better or I'll just have to pay $80 a month for the ms-contin"

Lilah M. (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

For Pain: "I have small cell lung cancer. My doctor prescribed fast release morphine yesterday, 30 mg and after 2 1/2 tablets I have stopped. I was on Norco 10 mg which took my pain to a completely tolerable level.The Morphine has left me terribly nauseated and barely able to eat, I itch horribly and it has sapped my energy terribly. Also it does not really reduce my pain. I took only 1/2 tab today and I've had enough."

Pazzaluna (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

MSIR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "MSIR was prescribed to me for breakthrough pain. It comes in 15 mg as well as 30 mg. I was prescribed the 30 mg up to 3 times a day. I usually take it at night when I wake up in severe pain. During the day while I'm awake I seem to be able to handle the pain with my MS con. but at night the pain keeps me up. The MSIR works fast and help well. I don't need more than one most of the time. It is a life saver."

Chronic man12345 December 6, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I took this b4 when I had open heart. Worked very well. Now I have just finished my 5th hip surgery and the Vics 5 a day dont help much. This 15mg makes me really tired. "

Day56 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "My doctor prescribes Morphine Sulfate IR 15, to me for chronic pain. I get a really bad pain in my abdomen immediately after I take a dose, happens every time. Does anybody have this problem? The only thing I like about taking Morphine, is that I don't get groggy from it, but, it doesn't seem to "kill" my pain completely. My doctor used to prescribe me Oxycodone 40 mg, I couldn't stand the way that it made me feel, I'd get drowsy and feel like I was on Heroin or something and it didn't take away my pain."

wayneversola November 12, 2015