User Reviews for Morphine

Also known as: Astramorph PF, Avinza, Doloral, Doloral Sirop, Duramorph, Duramorph PF, Infumorph, Kadian, M O S, M-Eslon, Morphine LP Epidural, Morphine Rapi-Ject, Morphine Sulfate ER, Morphine Sulfate IR, Morphine Sulfate SR, ...show all 27 brand names

Learn more about Morphine.

Chronic Pain 53 reviews 105 medications

8.3
Pain 151 reviews 935 medications

Summary of Morphine reviews 204 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Morphine

MS Contin (morphine) for Pain: "I have had chronic, constant migraine for 40 years, complicated by Fibromyalgia which added all over body pain. After years with various short acting pain meds like Lortab and Percocet, my doctor finally tried OxyContin first (worked, but I got tolerant very quickly) and finally MS-Contin, with Percocet as my breakthrough med. My life changed immediately. I take 30mg MS 4 times per day, with up to 3 Percocet. This dosage has not changed in 15 years, and allowed me to return to work full time. I have a (relatively) normal life with occasional days that are bad. MS-Continue was not available in generic form when I started and cost a huge amount every month. Happily, it's generic now and extremely affordable. It saved my sanity."

Ladybell232 May 2, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "MS Contin 200mg x2 am/ 2pm, Allows me to function more than without it. I'm actually out of the bed more than before I started. I don't get the highs & lows of taking short acting pain meds around the clock. I get a steady release of pain control. Of course I have breakthrough dilauid 8mg tabs as needed. I have Chronic Pain, multiple Lumbar Spine Fusions, Cervical Spine Compression ( all levels) Currently advised to get total Cervical Fusion, but didn't get medical approval for surgery. This medicine is a life preserver!"

JerseyGirl1980 April 8, 2015

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have degenerative Disks in my neck and lower back of which I was using many forms of Medications. Now that I am battling Cancer, my Oncologist put me on Liquid type Morphine every 4 hrs... I have started out at 30mg Kadian, a 24 hr release to help relieve the combination of All my issues. Always stay Hydrated and use a stool softener. Good Luck."

Tommy Jake (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Had been on time release OxyContin, 20 mg., 2x daily for 2.5 years for severe neuropathy and arthritis in both feet. But insurance changed and had to switch to MS Contin's generic, Morphine ER, 30mg., twice a day. Was dubious this would be as effective as OxyContin, but has worked like a charm! Been on it for a year now, same dosage. Before time-release pain meds, I was in SO much pain. Now, I'm nearly pain free and its given me my life back. I can't do too much strenuous walking, but can do things like run errands or take my daughter to the mall. I'm in the process of talking to my dr. about something for breakthrough pain, which hits when I overdo it, or sometimes around the 10 hour mark, and have 2 hours to wait."

Dee5336 March 22, 2015

Roxanol 100 (morphine) for Pain: "Great pain relief."

icass (taken for 10 years or more) March 18, 2015

Duramorph (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was given this right after surgery from a car accident; it made me really sick and the side effects kept me crying the whole time I was on it. It did help with the pain a little, but not enough to counter the side effects!"

Rev. DHR (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2015

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Kadian is a life saver when I have "break-through" pain. I use to take it every day, but the pain clinic I went to, was adding too many meds, we had an argument, and I left. My primary care doctor, knowing I have 4 fused cervical discs with the titanium plate, is still "afraid" to prescribe. We agreed on 20mgs of oxycodone BID, down from 30mgs TID. I have suffered for a 16 months, and many more visits to my osteopath, who is so gifted. He "GETS IT", and thinks no doctor, should judge my situation, and make me feel like an addict. I am going to request, he re-prescribe 60mg of KADIAN, for "break-through" pain. Last week (1) 60mg Kadian, STOPPED my spine pain, 100%. Glad I saved (8) from 2 years ago. THANK YOU KADIAN~"

RootsGal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2015

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I've been taking Morphine Sulfate IR 15 mg for Two yrs now. It gives me 80% relief I have 2 herniated disk and degenerative disk disease. I'm on disability. I can at least walk for longer than 10 minutes now. I know I should be on something a bit stronger but here in Michigan doctors a very reluctant to prescribe due to those who abuse! "

MyBackHurts2 January 21, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Very good pain control. Has significantly improved the quality of my life. Before I laid in bed 90% of the time. Now I can do regular daily activities."

Meyenda January 5, 2015

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "This medication was a life saver in the fact that it returned my quality of life back to me. I was on this medication for over 5 years at 30mg twice daily; never needed an increase in dosage. What I loved most about this medication was that it was a great pain reliever without the typical "high" feeling of opiates. When insurance didn't cover the medication, I was able to find it at a hospital (Non profit) pharmacy for around $30/month. The only downside to this medication is coming off of it. I came off of it when I was pregnant and felt withdrawals for the longest I've ever felt withdrawals from an opiate. The next time I came off of it, I quit cold turkey, which reduced withdrawal time in half."

StephanieAlice (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 5, 2014

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Lumbar, 3 level fusion with hardware. Cervical, 3 level fusion with hardware. Take 200mg every night. The best pain medicine ever taken. After 4 years on same dose, fighting with insurance company for higher dose. "

keenone (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2014

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Yesterday was the first time using this medicine. And it works Great, I also take Lortab. I did not take any, only the Morphine Sulfate ER and it kept all my pain away for 12 hrs. Love It."

Millie57 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2014

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Taking MS Contin 30mg four times a day for over five years. I use 4mg Hydromorphone for immediate release, breakthrough pain when and if needed. Usually (if needed) the Hydromorphone dose required is about 8 mg. Because I am taking these medicines for a serious back injury in which I suffered 3 crushed vertebra, occasionally the pain gets out of control. Usually after ill-advised physical activity at a level beyond that which I am accustomed to. At those times it often requires the MS Contin and a dose of Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) to bring the pain back to a controlled level. When taking MS Contin and Hydromorphone together, there is a period of drowsiness that passes in about 1/2 hour. I just make sure I am not driving or out and about if such a dose is needed."

Rio Verde guy (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 15, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "Works just fine and very few side effects"

kord September 3, 2014

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "After getting a bad infection meningitis I had some long term damage. I have migraines daily and fibromyalgia and interstitial cystitis. I can't take most pain medication because it can make it worse. Morphine is the only one that has worked for me & I'm able to live a life! It's been 7 years and my dose has stayed the same. I take morphine sulphate IR 30, 3 times a day. No side effects no more. I can drive & it doesn't affect daily activities. But be careful it causes constipation. So if you are on it I recommend that you take a stool softener & vitamins."

rocker-chick96 August 10, 2014

For Pain: "I have 6 bad discs with degenerative bone and disc disease. I have been on Morphine Sulfate for over 5 years. I started on Methadone then went to Oxy's while the morphine still helps, the the dosage 30mg x 3 daily plus Norco 10/325 along with muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory medicines. I live a much more productive live. The morphine is awesome!"

ron b August 3, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "Works great put me 2 sleep fast"

shamika (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I have had back problems for a very long time, female trouble (hysterectomy @ 31 yrs old) and fibromyalgia. Also have severe arthritis (runs in our family I believe) As 4 rating this medicine, it helped tons with the pain but the downside (very bad downside) was after taking it for so long when you stop you get so very sick. In my opinion, the sickness is worse than coming off of Percocet, Vicodin, etc. Don't know why that is but that's just what I expect for myself. I know all about slowly cutting down your doses and all and I surely didn't expect it 2 be rainbows and sunshine, but in my experience it was worse than the DT's you get from the others I mentioned. Aside from that, it did help with the pain a great deal."

Melimad May 31, 2014

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Morphine Sulfate ER 15 mg. I have been using this for approximately 6 months. I find that many of the side effects listed have become apparent to me. I do experience: shakiness, constipation, elevated liver enzymes, difficulty urinating, uncontrollable sleepiness, blurred vision, sensitivity to bright lights at nighttime, including some indoor lighting. In addition, I suffer from stomach pain, feel lethargic at times, memory loss, lack of desire to socialize, depression, and other minor events that I did not have prior to taking morphine."

Jewels14 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2014

Infumorph (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Great for chronic pain that last on a all day, on a daily basis."

rsizemore2 March 17, 2014

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Two scripts (different mg) Kadian(brand only) therapeutic amount by far the best long acting narcotic I've taken (with Lyrica ,Topomax , Zanaflex, etc). Struck by lightning- neurological effects; fibromyalgia; thoracic outlet syndrome; spinal stenosis in cervical, thoracic & lumbar. 3 level lumbar decompression -power wheelchair; thoracic spinal surgery, and so much more."

yjn (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 25, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I've had 9 knee surgeries including a replacement at 48 (08), 7 facial repairs, fibromyalgia, arthritis, chronic hormonal migraines, asthma& a ruptured left diagphram from coughing. Liver's in chest & partially collapsed ft. lung lobe. The black mold/ severe allergies/infections = cannot breath without constant severe pain/pluresy rib fractures etc! I was using15mg er q 12 hours w/ 15mg or every 6 for break through! Not cutting the pain but better. After bout with severe stomach flu & in hospital 5 days I am using the oral liquid morphine! W/ the ER significantly more effective!"

spcruz (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2014

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was in a really bad car wreck in which I had temporary paralysis due to C3 and C4 fractures and was in a halo for almost 4 months. I would have never survived physical therapy and everyday movement with out this medication."

MommaDragan (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2014

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I suffer from severe pelvic and abdominal adhesions and severe pelvic pain as a result. It was from a combination of several surgeries, GI issues, endometriosis, bleeding ovarian cysts etc. I am going to be 30 this year and the condition has robbed me of most of my twenties. For years I have tried Percocet, Dilaudid, Lortab, oxycodone, dihydrocodeine, injections in my nerves, Lyrica, topimarate. They only work for a short time and then I have to pretty much live my life around my pain medicine schedule. Then after my last 2 surgeries, the pain got better and was slightly okay with Lortab but not good enough. I started MS Contin 15mg twice a day last week and I have been virtually pain free. I even forget to take the second dose sometimes."

Anon718 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

MS Contin (morphine) for Pain: "Took my pain from a 9 to a 2! Lasts all day and rarely have to take my break through pain medication. I have ADHD, Chronic Pain, Panic Attack Disorder. MS Contin, 180 twice a day Oxycodone IR, 30mg every four hours 6mg when required of Xanax IR Adderall, 30mg IR twice a day"

HurtsSoyoung January 8, 2014