User Reviews for Singulair

Learn more about Singulair.

Singulair Review Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 525 medications used in the treatment of Hay Fever.

Reviews for Singulair to treat Hay Fever

"Been suffering from ETD for about two years. I've been on Singulair for about 4 months and it has dramatically improved my symptoms, no more ear crackling. Occasional tiredness and headache but it's tolerable. It has helped me tremendously."

Casscadav April 7, 2015

"This stuff works pretty well, lets me sleep through the night during allergy season."

Tree pollen sufferer (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2014

"I'm 49 and have suffered from allergic symptoms ever since I was a kid. Unquestionably it has reduced the quality of life. Anti-histimines were basically ineffective although I could significantly reduce my symptoms by a strict diet that was in the making over the last 30 years by observation (try eating foods high in anti oxidants). I do feel much better since taking Singulair, my nasal congestion is much better, feel no side effects. My only regret is not trying it earlier."

say1706 October 27, 2014

"I have had allergies and severe chronic nasal congestion on and off for over a decade now. To the point that all over the counter meds don't work. Even paired with a nasal spray I got no relief. About a week ago, what my doctor suggested was to continue using Claritin-D, along with Flonase, and prescribed Singulair as a supplemental. For the first time in a very very long time I slept through the night without waking up gasping because I couldn't breathe due to the congestion and pressure. Also, I am able to work without disturbing my coworkers due to the constant nose blowing, sneezing and coughing."

Anony.mouse August 21, 2013

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had an allergic reaction to several medications, each including Yellow #6 and Yellow #10 dyes in the gel coating on the medications. The reaction was a rash on my stomach along the waist band of my underwear and my pants, under my bra band, my arm pits. Anywhere there was a lot of warmth on my body or a lot of chafing from clothing. The rash was also darkly pigmented. Each time I stopped a medication that gave me a rash, it took approximately 8-9 weeks for the rash to go away. After figuring out what was causing it, my doctor prescribed Singulair (chewable) combined with Atarax. The Atarax was to help me sleep and keep from scratching at night. After 10 days, the rash is gone. I can stop the medication in another week or so."

CKLeanne (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2013

"Started taking Singulair with Zyrtec 3 weeks ago for a severe allergy I developed to my 3 pet rabbits. No side effects to speak of (I did have a headache one day, but I don't think it's related) and today I held one of my bunnies for the first time in 6 months without allergy symptoms. Now I don't have to get rid of some beloved family members!"

ravenlady13 August 2, 2013

"I started taking Singulair 2 weeks ago, because of sinus headaches, red itchy eyes and allergies. Also use Zyrtec and Patanol. It has worked great, until I figured out that the stomachache I have had for the last 10 days is because of it. I have stopped the medicine."

JoJo619 June 29, 2013

"Amazing results! I have suffered with extreme allergies for many years. I had tried nasal sprays, over the counter allergy meds, & even took the allergy shot-nothing worked until I started taking Singulair. Now I can actually smell flowers in bloom! I use it in combination with Zyrtec."

PrincessH May 13, 2013

"This medicine changed my life. After 18 months of constant post nasal drip, coughing up sputum, sore throat, and nasal congestion, I think I may have finally found my answer. I have taken almost every medicine suggested to me and seen over 30 doctors. I was finally put on this for Rhinitis and Asthma and I started to notice a big difference by 4 days in. It has now been a week without coughing up sputum (something that I had daily for 18 months), and my congestion and breathing is significantly better. For some reason antihistamines and inhalers don't seem to help me, but Singulair does. I'm so glad that I tried this medication!"

Joee January 17, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have tried Singular three different times. Each time it has caused suicidal tendancies in me. This happens soon after I take it. My mood was very scary on this. I was prescribed this for asthma and allergies. I stopped taking it since it seemed to just depress me."

Growley (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2013

"I have horrible hay fever. Regular antihistamines do not work for me. I still suffer a lot if I take them. Terrible itchy eyes, runny nose, terrible asthma at night which kept me up, and a whole lot of sneezing and an achy body. My doctor prescribed me Singulair along with Patanol and Nasonex. Singulair has changed my life forever. My symptoms have been reduced by as much as 95%. I have no asthma, sneeze occasionally and my itchy eye episodes occur sporadically but stop within minutes. I don't usually even carry eye drops with me anymore. Which before would have been insane of me not to do. I'll give Singulair a 10/10 due to the fact that I've had amazing results and it's the only medication I need to make it through allergy season!"

Anonymous April 16, 2012

"I took this medication to get some relief from severe allergies. It helped with the allergies but I ended up in the ER with chest tightness and some tingling sensations in my chest. I had a battery of tests on my heart, all was fine. This medication made me feel bad on one day, worse on the second day with the chest discomfort. "

Anonymousknot April 16, 2012

"Yes, I think this medicine works in treating allergic rhinitis, but after not being able to sleep at all the night I took it and being extremely agitated with mood swings tapering off into the next day after a full night's sleep, I will take it no more. I think each person needs to weigh the benefits verses the side effects for them. Everyone is, of course, different and each responds in their own way to all of these medicines. Just monitor your reaction to the drug closely if you do decide to use it and make the right decision for you to continue it or not. "

Anonymous January 6, 2012

"This product seemed to help with my allergies somewhat but after several months of suffering a large increase in migraine headaches. My neurologist and I decided to stop using Singulair. The constant tightness in my head was gone within a week. It seems that this is a common side-effect of this medicine. MIGRAINE SUFFERERS BEWARE!"

indiemel December 14, 2011

"As soon as rag weed season starts in the mid-atlantic (August 15th) I literally go down hill in my health. I constantly have post nasal drip, but during rag weed season the post nasal drip turns to a sinus infection. I have been on class 5 antibiotics for the past 3 seasons. I was thinking that the only thing left for me was to move to Florida or the Virgin Islands (no weeds I'm allergic to). I decided to try Singulair. Within hours my symptoms completely stopped. I'm literally in awe. I thought it would take days to notice improvement, but it was virtually instantaneous. If you have serious allergic rhinitis that does not respond to antihistamines, please give it a try. It could change your life."

McSweeny October 26, 2011

"I have used Singulair while on vacation in the Midwest and it rocks, I was miserable. I take allergy shots back home and Xyzal at night but the Xyzal and Claritin were not cutting it. Side effects for me are a dry nose and slight cough."

melly Mel June 23, 2011

"I am 29. Singulair alleviated my season allergies in the beginning for a period of 2 weeks maybe, after that I had the opposite reaction, was having a hard time breathing and my nose and throat were dry all the time. I stayed on it thinking it was something else, then I decided to quit it because after a regular run it triggered a tachycardia. This was something I never had before, I am a healthy guy, used to push myself hard during workouts. Once I stopped it there were no issues with dry nose or anything else. Guess I'm one of the minority that have adverse reactions to it."

Anonymous June 10, 2011

"I had constant sinus infections caused by allergies. Tried several medications but nothing would work. Doctor finally prescribed Singulair and I have had relief ever since. The only problem is the medicine can make me very irritable to the point that my wife can not stand me, and sometimes Singulair can cause insomnia."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

"I have cat allergies and what my previous doctor called a "sensitive respiratory system." I use the singulair in combination with a generic for allegra D. It worked well for me and I could feel a difference within an hour. I didn't notice any side effects."

Anonymous March 27, 2011

"My 11 year old daughter started taking this a week ago and for the first time in her life she is breathing through her nose. As a result she's not waking up exhausted. Hallelulia!"

Anonymous October 18, 2009

"After using Singular for only 4 days, I was bragging about it to my friends who suffer from frequent allergy symptoms. It was prescribed both as an allergy relief and asthma prevention. In these spring months, I have only sneezed about 6 times and the itchy eyes and runny or stuffy nose are gone. It reappears if I forget a dose, so I attribute the relief to Singulair. As far as it preventing asthma for me, I can't comment yet as I am also taking Advair to prevent asthma. The doctor has lowered my dosage of Advair and I hope to soon be able to discontinue the Advair and stay with Singulair. The listed side effects are many, but I think I've only noticed one so far (water retention in ankles)."

KathyAZ May 23, 2009

"I was able to eliminate the use of four allergy medicines while using Singulair. I don't have asthma or any lung congestion; but my sinuses just wouldn't stop for anything, regardless of what antihistamine I was taking, whether in pill or nasal spray form. Singulair allowed me to sleep without a cough drop in my mouth and to breathe all night through my nose (something I haven't done in over 10 years)."

tlrader May 5, 2009

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Tried it and it worked great except for the side effects of depression, anxiety, agitation, depression."

Anonymous April 27, 2009

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had allergy problems all my life. Only Singulair has allowed me to go outside and enjoy life. Thanky You Singulair"

Anonymous April 21, 2009

"After three weeks of suffering, tried Singulair and within 45 minutes started feeling good again. It stopped my post nasal drip. No sides effects yet. This is my fifth day using it."

ocancell September 1, 2008