User Reviews for Reglan

Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative 1 reviews 14 medications

5.5
Nausea/Vomiting 21 reviews 152 medications

5.1
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiographic Exam 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Small Intestine Intubation 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Reglan reviews 62 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Reglan

Review by Kulit:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I've been suffering from nausea/vomiting due to my pregnancy. At the Emergency Hospital I was prescribed to take Reglan 10mg. Bought the medicine and afraid to take it, took me two weeks to finally try them due to horrible reviews I read online. This medicine stopped my vomiting and to my surprise never had any side effect on me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2015 5:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Gastroparesis: I have what has so far been categorized as gastroparesis-- and while it did help with my stomach pains after eating, I acquired a heavy restlessness that basically made it impossible to do anything. I could hardly focus my vision nonetheless my mind, and my muscles felt tense and restless, occasionally twitching. It was almost an anxiety level of antsy feelings that I sort of had to wait out. At least when in pain I can focus and actually do things (albeit with more effort), but with this I was useless.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 3:00 AM

Review by C-Lo (taken for 10 years or more):

For Migraine: I have a history of cluster migraines and occasionally have to make a trip to the ER when they become severe. The Reglan and Toradol combination gives me 100% relief, but learned the hard way, I need Benadryl intravenously or I'll suffer what some of you have reported (anxiousness, pacing, crawling skin, inability to fall asleep, feeling wired). Suffering from the migraine is horrible enough, you don't want the ugly side effects, ask for Benadryl and this should also help you sleep.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2015 10:54 AM

Review by mmu:

For Migraine: I went to the ER for a migraines I had for three days. I was given this medicine with Benadryl. What I noticed was the nurse gave me the Benadryl first through IV then Reglan. It worked really fast. No extra side effects. I also was given Toradol, it worked as well.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 2:18 AM

Review by cswig:

For Migraine: The first time I ended up in the ER for a migraine was 10/5/14. It started at 11 AM while I was at work, and only progressed throughout the day. I wasn't able to eat, and when I finally did, I threw it up within minutes. I took 1650 mg of Tylenol between 11 and 10 PM, applied heat to my neck (which usually helps me), took a hot shower, and laid in a dark room....NOTHING helped that I tried. It brought me to tears, and I couldn't get comfortable or fall asleep...it felt worse while laying down. I called my mom at 1045 PM and asked her to take me to the ER. I was given Toradol, Benadryl, and Reglan, and I felt no pain and was asleep within minutes.....I slept majority of the following day, but it helped!!!!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 8:15 PM

Review by Meg T:

For Migraine: Combination of Benadryl and Reglan have worked to break 3/4 day migraines for me. You can go to the ER and be treated through IV, but the oral medicines work just as good.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 10:13 AM

Review by Babygyrlty:

For Migraine: I have a history of migraines and Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol always works for me. My migraines seem to always be at night and wake me from sleep, I usually use an ice cube (plain not covered on temple) and it works. Really bad ones require the above combination and puts me to sleep all day when I return home from ER. Also my eye loses sight in bottom half/top half or complete eye for a few mins which I found out is a retinal migraine, which is strange because there is no pain at all with that one.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 7:54 PM

Review by type 1 diabetic male:

For Gastroparesis: Went to the hospital for uncontrollable nausea/vomiting and am Type 1 diabetic. By IV it made me restless, agitated, and my face felt slightly swollen but it along with some Zofran in-between stopped the vomiting. They diagnosed me with gastroparesis so now I take it 30 mins before I eat and once before bed.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2014 12:01 PM

Review by SammyKijak:

For Migraine: Amazing for me! I react poorly to pain medications in general, typically resulting in intense nausea. This medication however, on multiple occasions, turned migraines so severe all I can do is scream and flail, into pure nothing within 15 minutes. This seems almost a miracle for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2014 9:01 AM

Review by Red C. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Migraine: Had a migraine for three days that escalated and went to the ER. They have me Reglan with saline. Not only did it do NOTHING for my headache, it put my Restless Leg Syndrome into overdrive affecting my entire body but wouldn't prescribe anything for that. They attempted to flush it out with more saline to no avail. They eventually gave me Fiorecet and that at least helped, though didn't stop, the migraine.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 7:24 PM

Review by MRSDJMCW (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Gastroparesis: This is a follow up to my earlier unfavorable review. I experienced several negative effects due to a excess of serotonin, caused by my concommittant use of several anti-depressants. My Dr. adjusted my dosage to only 1/2 of a 5mg. tablet taken a few hours after my evening dinner, and did not eat again until breakfast the next morning. This reduced my negative effects to almost zero, while still maintaining the medicines efficacy. I am able to continue this dose EVERY OTHER evening with VERY favorable results! There has been a considerable reduction in the severe bloating, nausea, and inability to eat even a small meal. I am thrilled to finally feel normal again! I'm so happy I stuck with it, a simple dose adjustment has changed my life!!

April 9, 2014 9:50 AM

For Migraine: Went ER on Saturday got Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol, along with a bag of saline. Yummy combination, knocked out my migraine and me. Slept for an hour in hospital then another 4 at home. I'm still wiped out but after a doozy of a migraine I am exhausted for at least 5 days post. Almost like a hangover.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2014 10:34 AM

Review by Bmadsnyc (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Migraine: This with Benadryl knocks out most of my migraines where Imitrex wouldn't touch them.

November 19, 2013 11:53 PM

Review by HoneyGram57 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I had 3-10 mg tabs in a day. By the third pill my throat was swelling, hives had appeared, I was agitated, confused & having horrible cramps. Was given 50 mg Benadryl every 4 hours for first 24 hours but it took 3 days to return to normal.

June 7, 2013 12:57 AM

Review by gacsmom1:

For Gastroparesis: Reglan has been a miracle for me. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis and tried to control the symptoms through diet because I was worried about the potential side effects, but the nausea was debilitating. My doctor finally didn't give me a choice, he said I needed to be on Reglan as I was losing too much weight because I couldn't eat. I truly feel like a new person. Although I still have "spells" where the nausea comes back, it's not nearly as severe and is controllable with Zofran. I would recommend Reglan to anyone with gastroparesis!

June 6, 2013 3:34 PM

Review by bubbagojiss:

I got a second opinion from an OB GYN, I am 32 weeks pregnant, and for most of the pregnancy, I have felt full, tight and bloated. About 6 weeks ago, I called the midwife I have been seeing and told her how I have been feeling, but she told me that was just part of being pregnant. Well, yes, but not to this extreme. I feel so full and tight after I eat, that I didn't look forward to eating, I was forcing myself to eat for the baby. I ended up in the hospital for being dehydrated and not eating enough. So, I went for a second opinion and she put me on the Reglan. It has helped tremendously! I actually feel hungry now! It has taken the edge off how full and tight I feel after I eat. So far, I haven't experienced any of the side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2013 10:48 PM

Review by EllieJoey (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I am 15 weeks pregnant, and have been fighting hyperemesis since week 10. I obviously don't want to take ANY medicines while pregnant, but the risk of not eating and drinking has become much worse. I've had 3 I.V.'s. I tried Unisom with B6, Zofran, even Phenergan. Nothing touches the vomiting. Reglan is the only medicine that will stop the vomiting AND allow me to eat and drink. I take it only when I'm totally desperate, but it is a miracle.

March 30, 2013 1:36 PM

Review by ajacobsen74 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I was given Reglan in the E.R. via I.V. for nausea/vomiting, It caused extreme panic and agitation! I was given Benadryl to reverse the horrible reaction.

March 18, 2013 10:34 PM

Review by FTA:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I've been sick for weeks! Can't eat or drink! Stomach pain! It's been a nightmare and Reglan worked in the first hour! Amazing!!

March 9, 2013 9:08 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting: I got prescribed the Reglan, for my nausea, and gastroparesis, and I only need to take two or three days worth and not the full months worth, it works great, except for one of the minor side effects that I get every time I take it. I would recommend it to anybody who has nausea, gastroparesis, GERD.

February 7, 2013 4:53 PM

Review by May123 (taken for less than 1 month):

For GERD: This medication made me feel like I was going crazy. I slept all day and my bones felt all mushy, could barely walk and had severe back and neck pain which I still do and prevents me from living life normally. I never know medication could do this until I experienced it for myself.

January 13, 2013 7:29 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For GERD: I was supposed to take it 3x's a day, after two doses I began to experience severe side effects. My heart was racing, I couldn't sit still, I couldn't control my eyes. They were rolling around, I couldn't focus on anything. I only took two doses of the medication before I stopped, not even a full days worth. The side effects (inability to focus my eyes) remained for over a week after I stopped taking it.

November 13, 2012 8:45 PM

Review by Kimbot (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Gastroparesis: I found this medication extremely helpful when I was first diagnosed. I had to change my eating habits dramatically, so when I messed up or when the nausea flared up Reglan was great. I did find, like many other patients, that the side effects (anxiety for me) got worse over time. After about a year I felt I had learned how to manage my diet and stopped taking Reglan entirely. Reglan was a great tool in the beginning to help me figure out what eating habits worked, but now I manage everything through diet. I think that is very possible for others with gastroparesis, too.

September 27, 2012 1:09 PM

Review by ks125:

For Gastroparesis: I was on this medicine for about 2 weeks, and I had to quit taking it. My hands started shaking and I also developed a head and neck twitch. I also had a difficult time thinking, reacting and focusing. My vision was blurry and I often felt anxious. It didn't seem to help as much as it hurt. Now I have to wait to see if my ticks go away.

March 18, 2012 8:41 PM

For Migraine: Was given this for a severe migraine along with saline in a drip. After 10-15 minutes I was 100% better and wide awake ready to go and not in an anxious or wired way just felt ready to go home and pick back up my night. Nothing ever has worked this fast for me and I've been to the ER for migraines many times in the past. This was by far the best medicine given to me and I had no side effects whatsoever. 2 thumbs up for this medicine!

February 27, 2012 11:11 AM