User Reviews for Reglan

Nausea/Vomiting 33 reviews 159 medications

4.6
Summary of Reglan reviews 99 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Reglan

For Migraine "I went to ER because of a bad headache due to my blood pressure being up. They gave me Reglan and Benadryl. Within seconds I felt such a rush that I thought that I was having an allergic reaction. I started asking what was wrong with me, what did you give me. I could not lift my head or turn myself over. I felt limp as if I were a rag doll . I thought that I was dying and kept asking my husband to pray for me and call my pastor. This was the worst drug reaction that I ever experienced. I hope others have better results."

Marilyndenise May 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given Reglan pre surgery last month. My daughter was with me and warned me that she had a bad experience with the drug; made her anxious and weird feeling. The nurse said that the chances of me experiencing any symptoms were very low, so I went ahead and let her administer it to me. Bad decision! The side effects were horrifying. I felt the need to leave the hospital and felt super anxious. Luckily they were able to rinse out with saline and the effects subsided. If my daughter wasn't with me to explain, I would have thought I was losing my mind! Never again!"

Not Crazy April 27, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had my first injection of this on March 31 2016, I'm 50yrs old and have had Migraine, Hypertension attacks 45 yrs and suffered severe Gangrene when I was young. LETTING THEM GIVE ME THIS WAS A BIG MISTAKE FOR ME AND SEEMS OTHER COMMENTERS TOO. I now don't feel so bad at my Uncontrollable action after reading the same results to others. PLEASE READ OTHER COMMENTS IT SAVES ME THE TIME OF TELLING YOU THE SAME THING. That I lost all control UN-COGNITIVELY after the drug was injected, I ripped out IV left still sick. 3 days later I haven't eaten "lost appetite" NO urine strength and left with confused depression."

ULC Minister (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Migraine "I had had a stroke on Dec 17, 10 days after a stent had been put n my neck. A few nights later I had to go to the ER as I had the worst headache of my life on the left side of my head. They said they were going to give me a concoction that takes away any kind of headache. It was Reglan, benadryl , and Pepcid...and I'm sorry for all the negativity on these other posts, it almost seems like the same person keeps coming in and saying the same things....cuz I get panic attacks very easy but this concoction not only knocked me out for 5 hrs. It took the headache totally away so a big thumbs up they even gave me a prescription for reglan..."

TJude March 1, 2016

For Migraine "I have severe migranes I whould say on a monthly basis and usualy they give me in the ER room morphine thru the IV but one time the doctor decided to give me this Reglan which change my life in to the worst ! I do not know how this medicine can treat something ! I felt like burning sensation first in to my stomach and then I started to think that I'm going to die because I wanted to pull out the IV and I was restless , shaking , panicking , anxious and I wanted to pull put the IV line. The nurses looked at me like I was possessed by demon ! After one year I still feel anxious and weird I know this med change my life in to the worst !"

Anphi March 1, 2016

For GERD "When my Mom was 70 years old, she was prescribed Reglan by her family MD for GERD and "slow emptying" of her stomach. She took it 3 times per day with meals and was on it for at least 10 years!! At 83 years old, she has terrible dyskinesia now, and cannot sleep at night because of her legs, arms and body shaking all over the place. She has tried several other meds to help with the spasms without any luck! She wishes she had never taken Reglan and that her doctor had been more aware of these terrible , debilitating , life long side effects.This is a BAD DRUG Steer clear of it!!"

Lizwiz55 March 1, 2016

For Migraine "Well I have a history of migraines and take fiorcet and usually that works .. But not this time and so Doc at ER this shot IV for migraine well Benadryl makes u very sleepy anyway then to come back in ask me how I was well I'm so sleepy but today this morning hurting like hell .... Don't understand why he couldn't give me like 12 or 10 tabs of a pain med like Vicodin or even Tylenol #3 to get me by just really didn't think I was asking that much he made me feel like a drug seeker I was in pain bad he acted like it was sinus problems that's so crazy .. I had been crying of course my nose was running ... I feel people that need help can't get it and the ones that don't need it get whatever they what ... I see this a lot at wk"

Anonymous February 26, 2016

For Lactation Augmentation "The purpose of my writing this review is to warn nursing mothers against using this drug. The drug worked - it increased my milk supply - but at a very high cost. Prior to taking Reglan, I had never had issues with depression or insomnia and very little issues with anxiety. Throughout the latter part of my taking this drug, anxiety increased steadily. Then I stopped sleeping. I became extremely anxious and severely depressed. After over two weeks going on a total of no more than 15 hours of sleep, I was admitted to the hospital. While in the hospital, I stopped taking Reglan. After five days off the drug, I was fine. Please do not take this drug. The other reviews are accurate as well. It is not worth it."

Nik280 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was in the ER w a migraine and dehydration due to vomiting. Instead of the regular phenagren I receive, I was administered Reglan. I became very irritated, jittery, and irrational. I tried to get out of the hospital bed and pull out my IV. It took four soldiers (we are military) to hold me down to give me a shot to counteract the Reglan. Needless to say I have Reglan allergy in my medical records now."

Mrs. DJ January 26, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've been in & out of ER for years when a really nasty migraine won't stop with at home meds. I usually get a migraine cocktail with either phenergan & nuban, or benadryl & reglan. Only this time I was uncontrollably vomiting with a hernia & back surgery and needed relief pronto. When they administered benadryl I was fine, then the reglan & within minutes I was literally jumping of the bed high stepping & jumping around the room. Things your body can't physically do after multiple back surgeries. Suddenly surrounded by 4 nurses saying oh boy, this reaction to reglan only happens maybe 4 times in their careers (to this extent.) They gave me 3 shots of something to reverse effects, but took over & hour! Now have a reglan allergy band!!!"

Migraine sufferer for 25 years (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2016

For Migraine "Anytime you go into an ER with a migraine the doc will automatically try an avoid real meds and instead says we're gonna try reglan which has a sedative effect and then add Benadryl and knock you out, turn off the lights and close the door for Dark and quiet. Good thing for any kind of headache. About thirty minutes later the doctor rushes in flips on the light and says how's the headache? At thirty minutes of sleeping your just starting to hit REM. You're groggy from the sedative effects therefore not thinking clearly so you answer like um ok I guess. "Great lets get you outa here." On the way out as you're waking up you realize the pain is still there but too late. Reglan is great for the Doctors but does nothing for the patient."

Rwd681 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2016

For Gastroparesis "I started this medication for Gastroparesis after 11 months of not being able to keep anything down. I noticed it helping after first two doses. I was so excited until the awful side effects started. Drowsiness to the point I couldn't function, severe stomach and back pain and bowel issues. I had to stop after 5 days in order to be able to take care of my family. So disappointed."

PepperPeanut January 3, 2016

For Migraine "Horrible side effects. I was suddenly filled with aggression and rage after taking it. I was so irritated that I had to tell the doctor to give me something to calm me down before I ripped out my IV. Not something you want to deal with during a migraine."

DavidAC December 21, 2015

For Migraine "Lord! This was like a death experience for me. I am scarred for life. I have been feeling sick for about 4 days in which I acquired sore throat, earache, stiff neck, super swollen lymph nodes, fever and the worst headache ever. After initial test that ruled out negative for meningitis, mono and strep throat they decided to give me a cocktail of reglan and benadryl through my iv. Within seconds I felt a burning sensation as well as sleepy..so I thought I would be okay. Boy! Was I wrong. My heart was racing 150bpm I lost my voice was super jittery and felt like I was going to die. The nurse told me to relax she looked worried. I wanted to pull my IV off I told her get it off and she insisted that she will give me Toradol to help calm me. :("

Anonymous December 1, 2015

For Migraine "I went to the ER also last month because I was having bad migraines they gave me reglan and benadryl in the IV right away I was paranoid jittery and tried pulling the IV out my arm it was the worst feeling ever and I was so ready to go home. The good thing is that it did take my migraine away for about a month now. I just started having another migraine yesterday and I went to the ER 11-13-15 and they gave me the benadryl and reglan in the form of a pill - no IV and I didn't get that feeling this time just went to sleep really fast. I think it was the medicine going start in the IV straight to my blood stream a little to fast that gave me the bad side effects."

Marielovely November 14, 2015

For Migraine "Went to the ER and they injected me with this, I immediately began coughing, fell back onto the bed, and began shaking uncontrollably and could not speak. The nurse panicked and her eyes got teary, she then told me to fall alseep and I refused because I was so scared! At 24 years old I was not ready for this, I felt I was going to die. Took me an hour to stop the shaking and my headache was still there. Never again! I am now traumatized from that experience and am afraid to ever get injected before knowing what exactly the drug is and its effects. Stay away from it please."

CarolinaR90 November 13, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Hey ladies, My first pregnancy was a breeze! Then I got pregnant with this one and at 5 weeks we found out because I was so sick I was vomiting at least 5 times a day. I finally asked my Dr. for help due to being concerned about my baby getting nutrients and food. He prescribed me Reglan 10mg and I take it 4 times a day -30 minutes before I eat and IT IS AMAZING! It does take about 25/30 minutes to kick in. I dont have any side effects yet and I hope it stays that way. So far I have been taking it for almost 4 weeks."

AirakeeSioux November 12, 2015

For Migraine "I've had a headache for a little over a month followed with nausea. However yesterday there was some pressure with it so I went to the ER. At the ER I was told that I would receive a migraine cocktail, which was Benadryl, Reglan, and IV fluids, not knowing what to expect I accepted. As soon as I was given the medicine through my IV I immediately began to feel jittery. My legs started shaking, it felt like something was crawling on me, and then I got extremely sleepy. I kept falling asleep but every time I woke up I had some serious anxiety. I never want to experience that feeling again. And what do you know today my head is starting to hurt again."

NuJersey November 10, 2015

For Migraine "Reglan, given in a small dose in her IV takes my 16 year old daughter's migraine away. She is a chronic sufferer and has been for many years. She has been hospitalized for migraines. In an hour she is back to normal but sleepy from Reoglan, Toridol and another anti-nausea med. I'm going to see if she can take Reglan at home in pill form to save a trip to the ER."

Mom of migraine suffer (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2015

For Migraine "I was given this medicine through an IV while visiting the ER for a migraine. Reglan gave me the worst feeling that I've ever had. I had a major panic attack within minutes. I had weird thoughts and my body could not stop shaking, especially my legs. There was a pool of sweat under me. I felt trapped and thought I was going to die. I wanted to tear out the IV needle a leave. The panic only lasted 2 hours, but it felt like 2 days. I hope to never have that feeling again."

JCT 1972 October 22, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had to go to the ER since nothing was working with my nausea and acid reflux. I tried so many nausea meds since I've been pregnant (19 weeks). I have ulcers from this. They prescribed me this and it helps. I take it when I wake up, keeps me awake, and I can finally eat. And I haven't had any side affects"

Acid Reflux mom September 12, 2015

For Migraine "This is not good I thought I was leaving this world I'm still experiencing side effect I took it yesterday through the IV and I got really paranoid it was the worst feeling it might not cause this feeling for some but I can related to anyone who has had a side effect from this med. If I have a headache next time I know what not to do when I go to the ER. I thought I was the only one but thanks to the internet we can share our experience. I would think they where using us as lab rats that med has weird side effects I'm still feeling it. I took it on 9/6/2015 and today I feel jittery & can't relax. I gotta move around a lot and I feel like taking off running its just the worst feeling."

Dree345 September 7, 2015

For Migraine "I wouldn't even give this drug a 1. I came to the ER last night for severe head and neck pain and this is what they suggested giving me in an IV. Reglan and Benadryl. I had this once a year or so ago and had a terrible reaction and insisted I didn't want the IV. However I ended up letting them talk me into it and got it. Within 5 minutes of getting the IV, I felt anxious, trapped, paranoid, like I was going to die. I had to page the nurse like 3 times to come take th IV out. I just wanted to go home. I ended up pacing and walking 20 laps around the hospital with a nurse. They ended up talking me into allowing them to give me Ativan and more Benadryl to reverse the Reglan. I truly felt like I was going to die."

Shelby K August 22, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I went to the ER because I was extremely dehydrated due to vomiting in my pregnancy, I was given Reglan thru an IV. Within minutes I felt jittery and despite how sick I was I couldn't sit down. They then gave me Benadryl thru my IV which knocked me out. The ER doc released me with a script for reglan and told me I wouldn't have the "jittery" side effects with the pill like I did thru the IV. I took reglan 4 times a day as prescribed for 5 days. In those 5 days I have never in my life felt so miserable, I was sweating, had a fever, became jaundice, hallucinated, QUIT MY JOB. never felt so sick in all my life. Today is day one without Reglan and it is night and day difference in how I feel off the medicine. I don't recommend this drug!"

Pregnant Mom August 21, 2015

For Migraine "The cocktail didn't do a thing. First Benadryl then Reglan. No help and it wasted precious hours that I was in pain. I've had migraines for 26 years and know what helps. I was in the ER for ~ 6 hours. Only when given Fentanyl did the pain level 27 go down to a ~4. I told them demerol and phernagan knocks it out, but the ER doctor didn't listen. (Why did you ask me then?) I was left with a dull headache for 1.5 days."

taylor506 August 11, 2015