User Reviews for Reglan

Learn more about Reglan.

Reglan Rating Summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Reglan to treat Migraine

"Anytime you go into an ER with a migraine the doc will automatically try an avoid real meds and instead says we're gonna try reglan which has a sedative effect and then add Benadryl and knock you out, turn off the lights and close the door for Dark and quiet. Good thing for any kind of headache. About thirty minutes later the doctor rushes in flips on the light and says how's the headache? At thirty minutes of sleeping your just starting to hit REM. You're groggy from the sedative effects therefore not thinking clearly so you answer like um ok I guess. "Great lets get you outa here." On the way out as you're waking up you realize the pain is still there but too late. Reglan is great for the Doctors but does nothing for the patient."

Rwd681 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2016

"Horrible side effects. I was suddenly filled with aggression and rage after taking it. I was so irritated that I had to tell the doctor to give me something to calm me down before I ripped out my IV. Not something you want to deal with during a migraine."

DavidAC December 21, 2015

"Lord! This was like a death experience for me. I am scarred for life. I have been feeling sick for about 4 days in which I acquired sore throat, earache, stiff neck, super swollen lymph nodes, fever and the worst headache ever. After initial test that ruled out negative for meningitis, mono and strep throat they decided to give me a cocktail of reglan and benadryl through my iv. Within seconds I felt a burning sensation as well as sleepy..so I thought I would be okay. Boy! Was I wrong. My heart was racing 150bpm I lost my voice was super jittery and felt like I was going to die. The nurse told me to relax she looked worried. I wanted to pull my IV off I told her get it off and she insisted that she will give me Toradol to help calm me. :("

Anonymous December 1, 2015

"I went to the ER also last month because I was having bad migraines they gave me reglan and benadryl in the IV right away I was paranoid jittery and tried pulling the IV out my arm it was the worst feeling ever and I was so ready to go home. The good thing is that it did take my migraine away for about a month now. I just started having another migraine yesterday and I went to the ER 11-13-15 and they gave me the benadryl and reglan in the form of a pill - no IV and I didn't get that feeling this time just went to sleep really fast. I think it was the medicine going start in the IV straight to my blood stream a little to fast that gave me the bad side effects."

Marielovely November 14, 2015

"Went to the ER and they injected me with this, I immediately began coughing, fell back onto the bed, and began shaking uncontrollably and could not speak. The nurse panicked and her eyes got teary, she then told me to fall alseep and I refused because I was so scared! At 24 years old I was not ready for this, I felt I was going to die. Took me an hour to stop the shaking and my headache was still there. Never again! I am now traumatized from that experience and am afraid to ever get injected before knowing what exactly the drug is and its effects. Stay away from it please."

CarolinaR90 November 13, 2015

"I've had a headache for a little over a month followed with nausea. However yesterday there was some pressure with it so I went to the ER. At the ER I was told that I would receive a migraine cocktail, which was Benadryl, Reglan, and IV fluids, not knowing what to expect I accepted. As soon as I was given the medicine through my IV I immediately began to feel jittery. My legs started shaking, it felt like something was crawling on me, and then I got extremely sleepy. I kept falling asleep but every time I woke up I had some serious anxiety. I never want to experience that feeling again. And what do you know today my head is starting to hurt again."

NuJersey November 10, 2015

"Reglan, given in a small dose in her IV takes my 16 year old daughter's migraine away. She is a chronic sufferer and has been for many years. She has been hospitalized for migraines. In an hour she is back to normal but sleepy from Reoglan, Toridol and another anti-nausea med. I'm going to see if she can take Reglan at home in pill form to save a trip to the ER."

Mom of migraine suffer (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2015

"I was given this medicine through an IV while visiting the ER for a migraine. Reglan gave me the worst feeling that I've ever had. I had a major panic attack within minutes. I had weird thoughts and my body could not stop shaking, especially my legs. There was a pool of sweat under me. I felt trapped and thought I was going to die. I wanted to tear out the IV needle a leave. The panic only lasted 2 hours, but it felt like 2 days. I hope to never have that feeling again."

JCT 1972 October 22, 2015

"This is not good I thought I was leaving this world I'm still experiencing side effect I took it yesterday through the IV and I got really paranoid it was the worst feeling it might not cause this feeling for some but I can related to anyone who has had a side effect from this med. If I have a headache next time I know what not to do when I go to the ER. I thought I was the only one but thanks to the internet we can share our experience. I would think they where using us as lab rats that med has weird side effects I'm still feeling it. I took it on 9/6/2015 and today I feel jittery & can't relax. I gotta move around a lot and I feel like taking off running its just the worst feeling."

Dree345 September 7, 2015

"I wouldn't even give this drug a 1. I came to the ER last night for severe head and neck pain and this is what they suggested giving me in an IV. Reglan and Benadryl. I had this once a year or so ago and had a terrible reaction and insisted I didn't want the IV. However I ended up letting them talk me into it and got it. Within 5 minutes of getting the IV, I felt anxious, trapped, paranoid, like I was going to die. I had to page the nurse like 3 times to come take th IV out. I just wanted to go home. I ended up pacing and walking 20 laps around the hospital with a nurse. They ended up talking me into allowing them to give me Ativan and more Benadryl to reverse the Reglan. I truly felt like I was going to die."

Shelby K August 22, 2015

"The cocktail didn't do a thing. First Benadryl then Reglan. No help and it wasted precious hours that I was in pain. I've had migraines for 26 years and know what helps. I was in the ER for ~ 6 hours. Only when given Fentanyl did the pain level 27 go down to a ~4. I told them demerol and phernagan knocks it out, but the ER doctor didn't listen. (Why did you ask me then?) I was left with a dull headache for 1.5 days."

taylor506 August 11, 2015

"I was diagnosed with "Chronic Migraine Disease" 18 yrs. ago. I have tried too many medications to list. Almost all of which have not worked for me. About 9 yrs. ago during a trip to the emergency for a migraine, I had the worst nausea. I was given Reglan for the first time. Not only did it stop the nausea, it calmed my migraine down! I wasn't even given any Dilodid. I couldn't believe it! I was later perscribed Reglan along with Maxalt. This combo worked the best for me. However, my doctor quit using Maxalt. So, while searching for new meds. my doctor gave me a prescription of Reglan to at least help with the nausea. Not only did it help with that, but if caught early enough, it would stop my migraines. I love Reglan!"

Blarinerin (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 4, 2015

"It helped with the migraine but I experienced terrible anxiety!"

Brittany S (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

"I don't have a history of migraine but I had sever headache for 3 days so I went to ER. After doing some scans they gave me Benadryl, toradol and Reglan by IV. As soon as Reglan was injected I had severe reaction to it within seconds and I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I was literally paralyzed. I could hear people talking but I wasn't able to respond and my heart rate went to 150 bpm. It was the worse feeling ever. They had to give me an antidote to reverse the effects but it still took almost 3 hours for me to actually speak again. After that day I personally do not like Reglan and how dangerous the side effects can be."

MahaZ March 31, 2015

"Dr ordered me IV w Reglan and Benadryl last night at ER. After over 48 hrs of misery I immediately got relief. I don't understand people who are saying they felt like they were coming out of their skin- I passed out almost immediately (which was great because I have only been able to sleep about 3 hours over the 48 hour period before ER). Guess we are all different. I will say that I got a solid 8 hours of pain relief and finally sleep but now it's back :( We are having lots of winter storms here so maybe something to do with the air pressure or something? IDK but this sucks."

Anonymonious (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2015

"So glad I looked up these reviews! I had the same experience as others with the anxiety, wanting to crawl out of my skin feeling. I had the Benadryl as well, but it didn't help. The doctors and nurses were acting like I was crazy and like they had never heard of this reaction. I'm glad to know I'm not alone and that I wasn't imagining these symptoms. I literally could not lie in the bed - I was pacing around the hospital room, and actually had to jump up and down because I was so restless. Absolutely awful feeling - I'd almost rather have the migraine (almost, but not quite). They finally had to give me Ativan to help. The Reglan did get rid of my migraine though, that's why 2 stars. "

Migraine mama (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

"I'm so glad I read these postings. I was admitted to ER After a five day migraine. I was given this medicine through an IV. It took about 45-hour to feel relief. It took my pain level from a 10 to a 4. However the first 20 minutes I felt very restless suddenly and I want to be out of the hospital, I was uncomfortable and I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm. I was paranoid waiting for my boyfriend to come back from the restroom. I couldn't explain the feeling but after reading the other posts I see it was a similar experience and side effect to the other posters."

Prego with migraines (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2015

"I have a history of cluster migraines and occasionally have to make a trip to the ER when they become severe. The Reglan and Toradol combination gives me 100% relief, but learned the hard way, I need Benadryl intravenously or I'll suffer what some of you have reported (anxiousness, pacing, crawling skin, inability to fall asleep, feeling wired). Suffering from the migraine is horrible enough, you don't want the ugly side effects, ask for Benadryl and this should also help you sleep. "

C-Lo (taken for 10 years or more) January 3, 2015

"I went to the ER for a migraines I had for three days. I was given this medicine with Benadryl. What I noticed was the nurse gave me the Benadryl first through IV then Reglan. It worked really fast. No extra side effects. I also was given Toradol, it worked as well."

mmu November 20, 2014

"The first time I ended up in the ER for a migraine was 10/5/14. It started at 11 AM while I was at work, and only progressed throughout the day. I wasn't able to eat, and when I finally did, I threw it up within minutes. I took 1650 mg of Tylenol between 11 and 10 PM, applied heat to my neck (which usually helps me), took a hot shower, and laid in a dark room....NOTHING helped that I tried. It brought me to tears, and I couldn't get comfortable or fall asleep...it felt worse while laying down. I called my mom at 1045 PM and asked her to take me to the ER. I was given Toradol, Benadryl, and Reglan, and I felt no pain and was asleep within minutes.....I slept majority of the following day, but it helped!!!!"

cswig October 20, 2014

"Combination of Benadryl and Reglan have worked to break 3/4 day migraines for me. You can go to the ER and be treated through IV, but the oral medicines work just as good."

Meg T October 16, 2014

"I have a history of migraines and Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol always works for me. My migraines seem to always be at night and wake me from sleep, I usually use an ice cube (plain not covered on temple) and it works. Really bad ones require the above combination and puts me to sleep all day when I return home from ER. Also my eye loses sight in bottom half/top half or complete eye for a few mins which I found out is a retinal migraine, which is strange because there is no pain at all with that one."

Babygyrlty July 25, 2014

"Amazing for me! I react poorly to pain medications in general, typically resulting in intense nausea. This medication however, on multiple occasions, turned migraines so severe all I can do is scream and flail, into pure nothing within 15 minutes. This seems almost a miracle for me."

SammyKijak May 16, 2014

"Had a migraine for three days that escalated and went to the ER. They have me Reglan with saline. Not only did it do NOTHING for my headache, it put my Restless Leg Syndrome into overdrive affecting my entire body but wouldn't prescribe anything for that. They attempted to flush it out with more saline to no avail. They eventually gave me Fiorecet and that at least helped, though didn't stop, the migraine. "

Red C. (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2014

"Went ER on Saturday got Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol, along with a bag of saline. Yummy combination, knocked out my migraine and me. Slept for an hour in hospital then another 4 at home. I'm still wiped out but after a doozy of a migraine I am exhausted for at least 5 days post. Almost like a hangover."

Anonymous April 7, 2014