User Reviews for Reglan

Learn more about Reglan.

Reglan review summary

4.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 133 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Reglan to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Review by HoneyGram57 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I had 3-10 mg tabs in a day. By the third pill my throat was swelling, hives had appeared, I was agitated, confused & having horrible cramps. Was given 50 mg Benadryl every 4 hours for first 24 hours but it took 3 days to return to normal.

June 7, 2013 12:57 AM
Review by EllieJoey (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I am 15 weeks pregnant, and have been fighting hyperemesis since week 10. I obviously don't want to take ANY medicines while pregnant, but the risk of not eating and drinking has become much worse. I've had 3 I.V.'s. I tried Unisom with B6, Zofran, even Phenergan. Nothing touches the vomiting. Reglan is the only medicine that will stop the vomiting AND allow me to eat and drink. I take it only when I'm totally desperate, but it is a miracle.

March 30, 2013 1:36 PM
Review by ajacobsen74 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I was given Reglan in the E.R. via I.V. for nausea/vomiting, It caused extreme panic and agitation! I was given Benadryl to reverse the horrible reaction.

March 18, 2013 10:34 PM
Review by FTA: User Rating:

I've been sick for weeks! Can't eat or drink! Stomach pain! It's been a nightmare and Reglan worked in the first hour! Amazing!!

March 9, 2013 9:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I got prescribed the Reglan, for my nausea, and gastroparesis, and I only need to take two or three days worth and not the full months worth, it works great, except for one of the minor side effects that I get every time I take it. I would recommend it to anybody who has nausea, gastroparesis, GERD.

February 7, 2013 4:53 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been taking this medicine off and on for about 2 years. When I first started I hated it because it made me feel anxious and depressed and emotional. I was on 10mg a few times a day. It took the sickness away but I couldn't handle the side effects so I stopped and the sickness came back. Finally the Dr. cut it down to 5mg and I felt so much better with that. The side effects were gone and sickness was controlled too. I'm doing very well with this medicine but the long term use still has me nervous because I don't want to develop tremors later. So far so good and I feel pretty good.

January 3, 2012 11:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was given Reglan via IV and mouth just prior to both of my c-sections. On both occasions, within minutes I was very anxious. On the operating table I had an anxiety attack and was begging for someone to help me. Everyone just thought I was freaking out because it was a c-section. I thought I had gone crazy. It ruined both of my childbirth experiences because I didn't care about the birth - all I wanted was to crawl out of my skin and disappear so I could get away from the awful panic and anxiety. Although I was physically present for the birth, mentally and emotionally I had checked out.

November 3, 2011 1:42 PM
Review by TotalKneeDone: User Rating:

I was given this in IV before surgey. I immediately became anxious and could not sit still . The PA said "oh yes this happens sometimes". They had to give me Benadryl to calm me down. It was the worst experience I have had -out of control and jumpy.

November 1, 2011 12:10 AM
Review by Chanel217: User Rating:

I was given Reglan intravenously for nausea while in the emergency room. Almost immediately I began have these overwhelming urges to rip the IV out of my arm and run away as fast as possible, it felt like a shock wave was passing through every muscle in my body. The nurse said it was "restlessness" and it wasn't uncommon. Every few seconds the sensation would return, and all I could do was wiggle around in the bed and cry, I felt so helpless. It took an hour for the feelings could go away.

October 27, 2011 9:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I use it whenever I really need it and it works excellent! 10mg takes about 15 to 20 minutes to kick in but I'm not complaining. Takes my nausea away completely, I love this medicine.

December 11, 2010 3:51 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Did not like the way the medication made me feel after.

February 4, 2010 5:24 PM

I couldn't eat, sleep, caused hallucinations, nervousness, unsteadiness while walking, urinary retention, and depression.

January 31, 2010 1:07 AM

I was given Reglan when undergoing chemotherapy. I still felt a bit nauseous, but it controlled the vomiting wonderfully. I am now diabetic and am again on Reglan for the side effects of one of my diabetes medicines. It works, well and fast, and I am so happy! No side effects, not even drowsiness, either. I am quite grateful for Reglan.

November 21, 2009 3:20 PM
Review by Neveragain: User Rating:

This was given to me as an IV and I felt restless and anxious. I had hallucinations and unbelievable depression and emotional pain. I thought I went crazy and had suicidal thoughts. I was depressed for a month after that. I couldn't tell you if it worked because I was too busy arguing with myself on whether I was crazy. I am one of those people who never thought suicide was an answer to anything, but this medicine made me believe it was the only answer.

November 12, 2009 4:04 PM
Review by Crazy?: User Rating:

Side effects were - confused, disoriented, dizzy, unable to concentrate or remember what I meant to do next. Unable to remember words or communicate effectively. Eyes feel unfocused. Slight muscle twitches, dry mouth and extreme drowsiness. Thank goodness I do not have to drive myself home from work! However, the nausea and vomiting HAS stopped.

September 15, 2009 5:49 PM
Review by Ightemi: User Rating:

It did nothing for me but caused diarrhea.

July 21, 2009 7:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was given Reglan in an ER when I couldn't stop vomiting when I had a migraine. It helped to stop my vomiting, but I reacted horribly. It made me uncontrollably agitated and nervous. I couldn't stop moving, I couldn't think clearly, and I couldn't relax until I was given a sedative. I now claim that I am allergic to the drug due to the way my body reacted to it.

May 12, 2009 4:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have ulcers and I have a lot of nausea associated with them. I take a 10mg pill and in most cases break it in half and the nausea is gone. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to kick in but it works.

January 21, 2009 7:20 PM
Review by Big John: User Rating:

I have been having heartburn, nausea and general sick to my stomach for years. I have been taken this drug for 3 days and my stomach has not felt this good in years. I hope this continues to work and I can now sleep late because I am not getting up to puke or take an antacid.

August 14, 2008 8:40 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Was sick of being sick. Reglan worked fast. Wish I had it sooner.

March 1, 2008 4:11 PM