User Reviews for Methotrexate

Also known as: Folex PFS, Methotrexate LPF Sodium, Otrexup, Rheumatrex Dose Pack, Trexall

Learn more about Methotrexate.

Small Cell Lung Cancer 0 reviews 6 medications

Trophoblastic Disease 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis 1 reviews 95 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Methotrexate reviews 65 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Methotrexate

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Started taking methotrexate 24th November 4 x 2.5mg weekly. Didn't feel to bad until Sat 3rd December and felt really ill. I had the flu jab as well hopefully things will improve but I was in bed from Saturday until today and I have a taste of metal in my mouth, I can't eat and haven't enjoyed a cup of tea. I also take the folic acid. I have lost 4lb in weight since Saturday.

December 6, 2011 6:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been taking this medicine since June and recently increased my dose. This medication has not worked for me at all. I continue to have pain and swelling in my wrist and fingers. The only thing that works for me is prednisone.

November 15, 2011 11:10 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: I have been on 15mg methotrexate for one year for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. My psoriasis was mild to moderate and is a little better but I was in a lot of pain from the arthritis and this medicine has helped me so much. I would say my pain went from a 9 to a 3 on a scale of 1- 10. Only side effect is stomach upset and I am considering switching to injections.

November 3, 2011 3:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I'm 30 years old and have been on 20mg of methotrexate for 2 years now. While I have experienced some side effects (mainly abdominal pain) I would not and will not stop taking it. So far for me the benefits have far outweighed any costs of being on methotrexate. The disease activity has dropped and I have far less swelling in my wrists, fingers and shoulders and have been able to get back into bowling leagues which I love.

October 13, 2011 10:25 AM
Review by dw-massachusetts: User Rating:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: I have had psorisis all my life (45 yrs). I have been a methotrexate user for 12 years. Before I started using methotrexate I was covered about 90%. Today it is about 1%. Over the years along with blood work. I have had 3 liver biopsy. I have had no side effect.

September 4, 2011 3:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: I have had psoriasis for over 40 years, and although it's just on my elbows and legs, I have tried all the usual remedies (topicals, light therapy, etc.). I tried methotrexate this spring and in a matter of weeks, my psoriasis began to clear up. My doctor has me go for blood-work every month or so to make sure the methotrexate isn't affecting my liver. We have decided to back off of the methotrexate during the winter in order to give my body a break. But, I'll be anxious to begin it again come spring!

August 23, 2011 5:49 PM
Review by Bicol treat: User Rating:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: I have been in methotrexate for 6 weeks now. So far, itchiness has been reduced significantly; lesions in my lower leg have dried up (light brown now); other lesions appear to be clearing up though slowly. Side effects to me are nausea, feeling giddy and occasional headache though not severe. May I ask those who are in the same medication: how long did it take for all lesions to be cleared? about 70% of my body has psoriasis. Thank you. .

July 24, 2011 6:13 AM
Review by Wandrer:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: I have had severe psoriasis on my hands, elbows, and heels for the past 2 years. Came out of nowhere. Tried everything out there (steroids, antihistamines, light treatments (two periods of it) So now I'm on this medicine. It's only for the second week, but the only difference I see is getting a urinary tract infection. Hopefully I will see improvement soon.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 29, 2011 4:21 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have taken this medicine for over 10 years, so far it has helped stop the disease.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 24, 2011 12:28 PM

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Taking 12.5mg/week along with Prilosec due to stomach ulcers from too many NSAIDS. Works well on the rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Have been bumping the dose up from 7.5 mg/week and have now run into low platelet count 85 when it should run between 150 and 400. I'm backing off of the methotrexate to see if I get a recovery of my platelet levels. Did a two month stint without methotrexate and was in massive pain (all the Vicodin in the world could not touch it). It works but hopefully I'll be able to get by on the lower dose and get a comeback in platelet levels.

March 23, 2011 3:21 PM
Review by peter webb: User Rating:

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: This medicine is wonderful. Without it I could not move my fingers and wrists and my knees and ankles. I feel normal and people cannot believe that I have RA. The only down side is my skin on my arms is thinned and very easy to bruise and bleed and marks but as this is a small price to pay for a normal lifestyle and to be able to work.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 12, 2011 2:16 AM
Review by DHollenbach: User Rating:

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I take 20mg methotrexate each week and it is so wonderful to feel 'normal' again. I have no side effects with it and all my pain is gone. Love it!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 8, 2011 3:05 PM

methotrexate for Ectopic Pregnancy: Felt like the top of my head was sore and got electrical sensations throughout the spot, on the top of my head, 2 days after injection and worsening on the 3rd day of the injection.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 4, 2011 3:29 PM
Review by kog: User Rating:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: I started on methotrexate tablets at first but they made me feel very sick so was put on injection made me feel a lot better.

December 28, 2010 8:44 AM
Review by pokkattu: User Rating:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: Methotraxate is very useful for psoriasis. I have been taking 20 mg every week.

October 17, 2010 11:02 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: It definitely helps with the pain and mobility part of rheumatoid arthritis, but I am nauseous usually 2 or three days after I do the shot. I'm also tired a lot and feel weak after I take my weekly shot. Sometimes I don't take it consistently because I don't feel like being sick that week. I do enjoy it when my fingers actually bend though.

June 19, 2010 1:32 PM
Review by kimbak: User Rating:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: I have had psoriatic arthritis since age 10. The deformities in my hands are very, very severe. I have taken methotrexate for about 6 weeks, and don't notice a difference, except have been feeling sick to my stomach, tired, and bowel - movements are painful and a little blood is visible. Kinda scary--I see my rhematologist in a few weeks. Psoriasis patches seem burning or itchier.

March 26, 2010 6:50 PM
Review by wildkatnky: User Rating:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: I have had psoriasis for over 10 years and for the first 5 years it was very mild, but in 2005 it quickly got worse and covered 70% of my body in various spots such as my entire scalp, under my breasts, on my elbows and knees, in my pelvic area and a few other random spots. I was prescribed (5) 25mg pills (1x wk) of methotrexate after trying every cream imaginable and the photo light therapy. The medication made me extremely sick to my stomach. After seeing some improvement my dermatologist recommended I try the tanning bed along with the medication. Within 6 months my psoriasis was completely gone. 4 years after being off the medicines it has come back. It is worse than before and I am taking the medicines and am getting sick a lot. Hope it works again.

February 4, 2010 9:22 PM
Review by FGHFGH: User Rating:

methotrexate for Systemic Sclerosis: Taking 20 mg Methotrexate weekly it seems to be slow working but helping heal my skin problem. No side effects at all with folic acid. Hope this helps someone else suffering with scleroderma.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 18, 2010 2:22 PM

methotrexate for Uveitis: I have just been prescribed 25 mg weekly for chronic uveitis. This is not FDA approved for this condition but the steroids are enough to drive a person crazy. I am scared but hopefully the good will outweigh the bad.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 17, 2009 3:01 PM
Review by dying 69: User Rating:

methotrexate for Lymphoma: Didn't work for me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 11, 2009 2:09 AM
Review by sweeneyjack: User Rating:

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 39 years old and take 22.5 mg per week and would be lost without it. It does make rheumatoid arthritis more livable.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 11, 2009 4:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methotrexate for Cogan's Syndrome: I have a rare syndrome and I'm on methotrexate and prednisone. I've been taking both for 4 months now and also take another pill 12 hours later due to the side effects from the methotrexate. I'm hoping to get off the predniose and see how the methotrexate will work alone.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 17, 2009 9:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methotrexate for Psoriasis: I have suffered several types of chronic psoriasis, including the life threatening form for 50 years. After developing severe disability from Psoriatic Arthritis I gave in to taking this drug, my skin is 90% improved, inflammation much better, but still have high inflammatory markers in blood tests. Now on steroids. Nausea still persists so I take folic acid.

July 29, 2009 8:36 AM
Review by Tennessee Ireland: User Rating:

methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis: After almost 3 years of usage, and refining the dosage, I feel better at 65 years old than I did at 50.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 18, 2009 2:31 PM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here