User Reviews for Bonine

Vertigo 5 reviews 28 medications

8.7
Summary of Bonine reviews 24 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Bonine

For Motion Sickness "My youngest son gets carsick after being in the car for 30 minutes. I discovered these tablets and give him a half of a pill an hour before we leave as directed, and he's golden. He does not experience drowsiness and acts like his normal self. Trips have become manageable now and I don't cringe with the puke bucket."

Working Mom of 2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2015

For Motion Sickness "I learned to sail keelboats 8 years ago. I love it, but am prone to seasickness. I tried ginger initially but that was ineffective. Then a friend suggested Bonine and I have used it ever since. I don't feel drowsy while sailing, but on the drive home after sailing and all the next day I can be very drowsy. To combat the drowsiness I tried reducing my dose, I now take 1/3-1/2 a tablet each time I go out (once or twice a week), increasing the dose up to 1-1/2 tablets if I expect rough seas. Over the 7 years of twice a week use, I have only had trouble twice in stormy 6 ft seas. Highly recommend, but figure out your best dose. I have taken it for up to 10 days continuously without ill effects."

dlb333 March 3, 2015

For Motion Sickness "Bonine works great for when vertigo hits from additional fluid in your balance mechanism in your inner ear. Even when no cruising or flying . However be careful of the getting pregnant warning."

Drewdrew2 January 17, 2015

For Vertigo "I have had vertigo for 4 years now and Bonine is the only thing that helps me, I have these on hand wherever I go and could not function right without them. The heaviness in head and the dizziness, I feel it coming on and take two and I'm fine about 20 minutes later. I highly recommend Bonine for vertigo symptoms."

hark33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 30, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "On the advise of a friend my wife and I started taking Bonine 24 hrs before we departed on a small ship cruise in the Caribbean. It was the best advise we could have gotten because at night while traveling between the islands the weather was very very rough. Over half the people on the cruise were extremely sea sick and miserable. We felt fine and had no issues at all. I highly recommend this product."

Itwasrough September 18, 2013

For Motion Sickness "I didn't get motion sickness until AFTER we got off our 7 day cruise. I have been fighting nausea and dizziness for a week now (The doctor said it is normal to suffer this after a cruise), after reading these reviews, I went and bought Bonine. I took one pill and I feel great! Sure wish I had researched this a week ago!"

Helenvb66 June 18, 2013

For Motion Sickness "My husband and I went on a 3 night Bahamas cruise for a romantic getaway.. I get "sea sick" when traveling at times, but was thinking big ship = less motion? Wrong! I was sick by dinner @6pm and we boarded at 4pm. I was so upset :( crying, nauseous, disappointed. My husband & I went to the gift shop & found Bonine. I took 2 & got very drowsy but no more sea sickness. I decided the next dose I would take 1 pill & see if that went better..it did! So for the rest I'd the trip I took 1 pill every recommended dosing time, and I did not have sickness or drowsiness again. Bonine was amazing for me! Highly recommend it and it was worth every penny."

JVC0914 March 29, 2013

For Vertigo "I took 2 Bonine tablets (1-2 tabs recommended on label) and felt ok - was able to drive and go to places. Took another one before bed and I overslept only to wake up with a heavy headedness, like I was on antidepressants. Did not like the feeling and did not want to go driving under these conditions."

Anonymous August 20, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "A friend of mine told me to take Bonine because I have horrible morning sickness. I'm pregnant with my third child and it's an awful thing to have to chase after two kids with morning sickness! It worked wonders for me. I would tell everyone to at least try it!"

Anonymous April 17, 2012

For Motion Sickness "Bonine is a miracle if you are bothered by motion sickness. I take a caffeine pill, with Bonine to combat drowsiness. The combination of the two, is a winner for me."

Anonymous September 27, 2011

For Motion Sickness "Bonine did not work at all for me and I really suffered during a 2-hour flight."

Janabob August 11, 2011

For Motion Sickness "I have to swallow two tablets an hour before I expect motion sickness to occur (getting on a plane, riding in a car, etc.) and it totally works. Doesn't work instantly for me though. I also took this for nausea due to pregnancy and it helped with that too. I highly recommend Bonine!"

Anonymous June 16, 2011

For Motion Sickness "I took it prior to leaving on a cruise and it worked very well. I took it every day that we were at sea. I highly recommend this medication."

Anonymous June 16, 2011

For Motion Sickness "Hated the taste of the chewable Bonine and did not help with my motion sickness."

Christine P. March 7, 2011

For Vertigo "I have recently had several episodes of vertigo, likely due to ear problems. I was recommended meclizine by a doctor and it worked very well. I had expected to have to go to bed, but I was able to go to a friend's house for dinner. I did feel sleepy the next day, however."

Tom S. May 24, 2010

For Motion Sickness "Works great, makes me a little drowsy. I would not take it if I am driving."

Free Fred May 15, 2010

For Vertigo "This was my first time having Vertigo. It lasted 4 days and the medication helped but by the 3rd day my head was killing me. Don't know if this is normal."

Anonymous January 21, 2010

For Motion Sickness "Both my son and I took this on a diving trip and it worked great. No side effects. I have high blood pressure and had no effects that I could tell. We took 1 the night before and 1 an hour before the boat left the dock."

Anonymous July 14, 2009

For Motion Sickness "Took Bonine for a 3 hour flight and it worked great. I get motion sickness very easily and Bonine stopped the nausea and dizziness. I did have some drowsiness, but I will take that over the dizziness and nausea any day."

melibrym May 18, 2009

For Motion Sickness "We are cruisers and have been on many since 1980. My doctor at the time told me to try Bonine, and it has gotten me through many a rough sea and I'm always able to enjoy myself. I have forgotten to take it twice and each time got motion sickness. So I always recommend it to family, friends and other new cruisers."

Anonymous April 6, 2009

For Motion Sickness "It worked immediately. I was on a cruise ship and as soon as I popped it into my mouth the vertigo and nausea disappeared for 24 hours. No drowsiness."

Anonymous December 15, 2008

For Motion Sickness "I went on a 4 day, 3 night cruise with my identical twin. Both of us had previously taken Dramamine but neither of us liked it due to the sleepiness. She bought some Bonine while I had my doctor write me a prescription for the back-ear sticker. Both of us took our medicines 12 hours before getting on our plane. I got tired while she enjoyed poking me and making fun. The back ear patch didnt work, because I got sick with in minutes of being on the ship. My sister forced me to take the patch off and made me take the Bonine. We had a great trip. We swear by Bonine and our family and friends love it too. "

Anonymous November 9, 2008

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had nausea, vomiting and dizziness due to withdrawls from medicines. Taking Bonine has helped me get through the day."

Anonymous September 29, 2008

For Vertigo "This drug was prescribed for me by a Doctor in 1983 for vertigo. It worked beautifully and I occasionally take it when needed yet today."

Anonymous June 23, 2008

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate