User Reviews for Bonine

Learn more about Bonine.

Bonine Review Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Bonine to treat Motion Sickness

"My youngest son gets carsick after being in the car for 30 minutes. I discovered these tablets and give him a half of a pill an hour before we leave as directed, and he's golden. He does not experience drowsiness and acts like his normal self. Trips have become manageable now and I don't cringe with the puke bucket."

Working Mom of 2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2015

"I learned to sail keelboats 8 years ago. I love it, but am prone to seasickness. I tried ginger initially but that was ineffective. Then a friend suggested Bonine and I have used it ever since. I don't feel drowsy while sailing, but on the drive home after sailing and all the next day I can be very drowsy. To combat the drowsiness I tried reducing my dose, I now take 1/3-1/2 a tablet each time I go out (once or twice a week), increasing the dose up to 1-1/2 tablets if I expect rough seas. Over the 7 years of twice a week use, I have only had trouble twice in stormy 6 ft seas. Highly recommend, but figure out your best dose. I have taken it for up to 10 days continuously without ill effects."

dlb333 March 3, 2015

"Bonine works great for when vertigo hits from additional fluid in your balance mechanism in your inner ear. Even when no cruising or flying . However be careful of the getting pregnant warning."

Drewdrew2 January 17, 2015

"On the advise of a friend my wife and I started taking Bonine 24 hrs before we departed on a small ship cruise in the Caribbean. It was the best advise we could have gotten because at night while traveling between the islands the weather was very very rough. Over half the people on the cruise were extremely sea sick and miserable. We felt fine and had no issues at all. I highly recommend this product."

Itwasrough September 18, 2013

"I didn't get motion sickness until AFTER we got off our 7 day cruise. I have been fighting nausea and dizziness for a week now (The doctor said it is normal to suffer this after a cruise), after reading these reviews, I went and bought Bonine. I took one pill and I feel great! Sure wish I had researched this a week ago!"

Helenvb66 June 18, 2013

"My husband and I went on a 3 night Bahamas cruise for a romantic getaway.. I get "sea sick" when traveling at times, but was thinking big ship = less motion? Wrong! I was sick by dinner @6pm and we boarded at 4pm. I was so upset :( crying, nauseous, disappointed. My husband & I went to the gift shop & found Bonine. I took 2 & got very drowsy but no more sea sickness. I decided the next dose I would take 1 pill & see if that went better..it did! So for the rest I'd the trip I took 1 pill every recommended dosing time, and I did not have sickness or drowsiness again. Bonine was amazing for me! Highly recommend it and it was worth every penny."

JVC0914 March 29, 2013

"Bonine is a miracle if you are bothered by motion sickness. I take a caffeine pill, with Bonine to combat drowsiness. The combination of the two, is a winner for me."

Anonymous September 27, 2011

"Bonine did not work at all for me and I really suffered during a 2-hour flight."

Janabob August 11, 2011

"I have to swallow two tablets an hour before I expect motion sickness to occur (getting on a plane, riding in a car, etc.) and it totally works. Doesn't work instantly for me though. I also took this for nausea due to pregnancy and it helped with that too. I highly recommend Bonine!"

Anonymous June 16, 2011

"I took it prior to leaving on a cruise and it worked very well. I took it every day that we were at sea. I highly recommend this medication."

Anonymous June 16, 2011

"Hated the taste of the chewable Bonine and did not help with my motion sickness."

Christine P. March 7, 2011

"Works great, makes me a little drowsy. I would not take it if I am driving."

Free Fred May 15, 2010

"Both my son and I took this on a diving trip and it worked great. No side effects. I have high blood pressure and had no effects that I could tell. We took 1 the night before and 1 an hour before the boat left the dock."

Anonymous July 14, 2009

"Took Bonine for a 3 hour flight and it worked great. I get motion sickness very easily and Bonine stopped the nausea and dizziness. I did have some drowsiness, but I will take that over the dizziness and nausea any day."

melibrym May 18, 2009

"We are cruisers and have been on many since 1980. My doctor at the time told me to try Bonine, and it has gotten me through many a rough sea and I'm always able to enjoy myself. I have forgotten to take it twice and each time got motion sickness. So I always recommend it to family, friends and other new cruisers."

Anonymous April 6, 2009

"It worked immediately. I was on a cruise ship and as soon as I popped it into my mouth the vertigo and nausea disappeared for 24 hours. No drowsiness."

Anonymous December 15, 2008

"I went on a 4 day, 3 night cruise with my identical twin. Both of us had previously taken Dramamine but neither of us liked it due to the sleepiness. She bought some Bonine while I had my doctor write me a prescription for the back-ear sticker. Both of us took our medicines 12 hours before getting on our plane. I got tired while she enjoyed poking me and making fun. The back ear patch didnt work, because I got sick with in minutes of being on the ship. My sister forced me to take the patch off and made me take the Bonine. We had a great trip. We swear by Bonine and our family and friends love it too. "

Anonymous November 9, 2008

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Motion Sickness