User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Also known as: Citrate of Magnesia, Citroma, LiquiPrep

Learn more about Magnesium citrate.

Constipation 81 reviews 223 medications

9.2
Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 81 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

For Constipation: "Im a person that goes religiously .. ( literally 3x a day or more ] .. So I was stopped up for 4 days.. You can imagine, I was in HELL. I texted my father in desperation at 2am asking for advice .. He didn't respond, but he showed up to my house the next day ( 6/29/15 ] with a bottle of Cherry flavored MC.. When he told me I had to drink the entire thing, I damn near cried. I took it at about 6pm & by 7:30, I was feeling gurgling in my stomach & literally 15 minutes afterwords, I went to the bathroom & immediately started feeling better .. Unfortunately, I'm currently over here cautious as hell about passing any type of gas .. I should be good by 6am though. I think 12 hours is more than enough time. MC is def. a good choice."

KareChinn (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Constipation: "It works! Years of constipation problems was fixed by taking 250 mg of Magnesium everyday."

It does work (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015

For Constipation: " which causes constipation. And this is the only thing that clears me out. With IBS you get stopped up a lot. They give you a stool softener and powder miralax. But the indoor plumbing just won't work... my Dr told me to do this when I feel bloated and with IBS pains"

Lynnie1991 June 22, 2015

For Constipation: "I had been stopped up for about a week & went to the cabinet to grab ole reliable Mag citrate. I drank 32oz of water before drinking 10oz of grape flavored citrate, then drank 3 cups of coffee and ate a greasy hamburger. One hour later I ran to the toilet and what happened in there reminded me of sounds and explosions I heard while serving in Iraq. It was total destruction and that poor toilet didn't stand a chance. It was a 4 flusher & I recommend having baby wipes and soft toilet paper handy for at least 24 hours."

Dr. Stool (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

For Constipation: "Magnesium Citrate is the nuclear option. If this stuff doesn't work, you ought to think about going to E.R. Only use this when you can stay home for about 12 hours. I drink 1 ten ounce bottle and about 16 ounces of water. If it doesn't kick in after four hours I'll drink another half bottle and drink more water. The more water you drink, the better and sooner it will work. Plan on multiple trips to the toilet and when you're sure there couldn't possibly be any more, stay put for another hour. Also, and this is important, once you drink it, don't trust a fart!!!"

KevinATL (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015

For Constipation: "I have been constipated for over a few months. I have tried a number of different things for it. I took the magnesium citrate at 1:30 pm yesterday. I felt very gassy and bloated. By 6pm I was going to the bathroom. I woke up the next morning feeling worse than I did before I drank it. I have diarrhea cramps and am not getting hardly anything out when I have to go. Overall I will not drink this again. I feel terrible :("

feelinglikepoo (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2015

For Constipation: "Traveled to Dominican & got traveler's diarrhea. Took too much Imodium & ended up being severely constipated for two weeks. My stomach was so huge we called it my "Dominican Baby". I tried 3 different laxatives-nothing. I then heard about Mag-Citrate. Drank a whole bottle of the cherry (not bad - super sweet like a candy) & waited. The bottle said 30 min-6 hrs for action. I waited 3 hours, then fell asleep and woke up. I was so disappointed. It had been over 12 hours and nothing but gas. This was when I decided to go to the hospital. a few hours waiting there and all of a sudden...relief after drinking a coffee! If it doesn't work right away give it time, it will! I also recommend coffee to help it along :)"

DominicanBaby (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

For Constipation: "So I haven't had a BM in 5 days. Being a nurse, I went through the usual motions of trying to accomplish one, but to no avail. I started getting frustrated and decided to step my game up. I used stool softeners, suppositories, milk of mag....and nothing. I was dreading the thought of a visit to my Doc so I tried Mag Citrate. This is generally what I give a patient for bowel prep or as a last resort for severe constipation. I picked up some grape flavored Mag Citrate from CVS last night. I went conservative and consumed 5oz of the 10oz bottle. By 8:00am this morning....nothing. But, I was starting to experience some gurgling in my bowels. I commenced with drinking 12oz of coffee and another 8oz of water. Bingo, we have action."

Murse Mancy May 18, 2015

For Constipation: "This stuff is no joke! I only drank 8oz out of a 12oz bottle and it has been the most effective thing yet! I went 2 weeks with pebbles every other day. For the last week I have been taking stool softener tablets and the nasty powder! Nothing even comes close to this! I was running to the bathroom after 2 hours! The Lemon flavored one tastes like super sour sprite! If you are only having a day or so of tummy trouble this would not be for you!! Also, make sure you have baby wipes on stand-by!"

Better think twice. (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

For Constipation: "I've suffered from IBS-C for a few years now. Normally Miralax does the trick but can take a few days. I decided to try MC, drank the full 10oz of the grape flavor thinking I had to. Should have stopped at 1/3 of the bottle. Any who, drank it from 7:45-9:30pm after puting it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Didn't feel much right away and thought it didn't work. That's until my stomach started gurgling. Then came the pains and a lot of bloating. Holy batman, the pains! Still nothing came out after an hour filled with multiple tries. Laid down hoping to sleep through the discomfort. Was awaken at 4am and sprinted to the bathroom. It worked. It's still working 8 hours later! Solution is VERY effective, may take a few hours to kick in."

NoLonger Skeptical (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2015

For Constipation: "I had surgery and from the anesthesia and pain medicine I became very constipated. I literally had no bowel movement whatsoever for 5 days. I started having some stomach pains I am assuming from gas or just being constipated. I told my doctor what was going on and asked what I could take and he recommended Magnesium Citrate. I bought a bottle and drank the full 10 0z. About 30 minutes after drinking this it hit me ... I was able to go and all of the pain and bloating was gone. I was completely relieved. Unfortunately this story does not end here. every 15 to 30 minutes for the next 6 hours I was back in the bathroom and it was nothing but water ... uncontrollable diarrhea. I was literally at a point where I was praying that it would stop."

ImCompletelyEmptiedOutNow (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015

For Constipation: "The best hard rock poop remover out there PERIOD. Start working after 2 hours. Took 8 magic OZ. It tasted like sprite!!!"

Hard Rocker May 7, 2015

For Constipation: "I had been struggling to poop for about a week. Straining on the toilet and only a pebble would come out. My stomach was so bloated and big people asked me if I was pregnant. I was so embarrassed so I asked my husband sister who is a nurse practitioner what does she recommend and she suggested magnesium citrate lemon flavor cvs brand. It tasted really good I gulped the entire 10 oz. bottle and waited for the party to begin. I took it around 3:30pm and laid down because I was feeling gassy, around 6:30pm I woke up to a bubbly stomach. I thought I had to pass gas but I ran to the toilet because I didn't know what to expect. Omg it was like a 4th of July finale! A huge splash of liquid like poop came out. I am waiting for more to happen."

Deshana April 11, 2015

For Constipation: "Works 100% effectively. However, timing will be different for everyone. Works immediately for me every time, however the process is pretty drawn out. For some, it'll start and be done in a 3 hour time span. Personally, it started about an hour and a half after taking it, but had me running to the bathroom for over 12 hours. This has happened every time I've used it. So just make sure you give yourself a lot of down time from other activities after you take this. Very effective, though."

Anonymous April 7, 2015

For Constipation: "I dumped the bottle (cherry) in a tall glass with ice, squeezed an orange in with it and added 1/4 pure cranberry juice. I stirred it and drank 2 huge drinks then had water and repeated 3x until it was gone, It was very sour like a warhead candy. Within 30 minutes it was working and 3 hours later, I was completed cleaned out."

Momo12onthegogo March 30, 2015

For Constipation: "I am on a medicine the main side affect is constipation. So I take a stool softener daily. Last week I didn't have any. So I tried to increase fiber but it didn't work... I ended up going 10 days with out any type of bowel movement or even gas to speak of.. I got a bottle of cherry magnesium citrate drank the whole body fallowed by 12 Oz of water. And within 3 hours I finally got results. I had a small amount of stomach pain and I continued to go to the bathroom for the next 5 hours after I went the first time. I felt lighter and empty I recomend this it works. I will say I got the cherry it tasted like a cherry sweet tart.The taste kind of lingers but it was not to bad.."

finally relieved (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2015

For Constipation: "So far I'm on the fence about this product. I took half the bottle per doctors orders at 3pm. At 6pm still nothing has happened so I have now drank the rest. It's now 6:47 as I sit here with a rumbley tummy waiting for something to occur. So far I've ran to the toilet a few times for just gas. I hope it works by morning bc I have to be at work at 8."

MeMe Chevy March 24, 2015

For Constipation: "I used this years ago when I hadn't gone for 2 weeks but be careful and DON'T use all the time it is bad for your intestine."

kay2015 March 18, 2015

For Constipation: "I had a very bad case of hemorrhoids, when it was to the point I couldn't use the bathroom even I tried all I wanted to do was cry because it was so painful when it would pass. So one day I was so backed up I just couldn't take anymore, I couldn't stand it was to the point I could barley pee. So I decided to try the cherry magnesium drink to help me pass a stool, and Yes it did WORK!! I didn't feel no pain only time I did was when I did have to push. But other than that the drink does help don't like lime prefer cherry. this drink does help"

rashan (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2015

For Constipation: "I've had a few times were I've had a back up of stool, I have a simple recommendation for whoever doesn't want to have the taste of the citrate become overwhelming. Grab a grape mag. citrate bottle as well as a grape Gatorade drink about half of the Gatorade before drinking the citrate then drink the entire bottle after that drink the rest of the Gatorade. This'll taste a lot better than the cherry or lime one, if anything it doesn't feel like you're even drinking a bottle of the stuff. Make sure to take before 5-6PM if you want it to work properly because when you take it too late you'll have to stay awake in order for it to work. I drank a bottle one time in the night, fell asleep and it didn't work too well, and no I didn't poop myself."

HealthRecs March 11, 2015

For Constipation: "Today I went to the doctor due to some moderate/severe lower abdominal pain that wasn't going away after 2 days. It even woke me up in waves of shooting pain. An X ray showed that I constipation was in fact the root of my problem, so the doctor told me to go to the pharmacy and pick up a couple bottles of this stuff. I was already nauseous due to the constipation, so I only had about 3/4 of one bottle, and drank about 16oz or so of water. At first, not much happened, just occasional gas and nausea. About 4-5 hours later is when it really kicked in. And, it works very well. The nausea is going away too, I'm starting to get my appetite back, & I'm less bloated. Warning: when the tummy rumbles start, RUN do not walk to the nearest toilet."

relieved...finally March 10, 2015

For Constipation: "Four days after surgery, narcotics, and some serious constipation, I purchased some stool softening pills and some milk of magnesia and tried both. Neither had worked too well for me. I had begun to lose my appetite and had a hard time sleeping because of the pain. I purchased some grape magnesium citrate recommended by my doctor, and at 2:00pm today, I took about 3oz just to be careful. Only twenty minutes later I had to go to the bathroom and had a little bit of luck. Then again around 4:00, I took another 3oz. At 8:00, it took full effect. I was able to empty out most, but had to keep running to the bathroom about every half hour for a few hours. It's close to diaherra when it comes out, but not too bad. I highly recommend!"

finallyfree111 March 4, 2015

For Constipation: "Didn't know I was constipated till I went to the bathroom for the first time in 5 days, that's when I found this page and decided to get magnesium citrate lime flavor tasted like sour sprite but no biggie. Drank a little more than half the bottle with a lot of water and two hours later worked like a miracle!"

One world February 23, 2015

For Constipation: "This product is good not only for constipation but it also cleanses out your intestine and helps with bad breath or really bad smelling stools or gas"

Love this product February 21, 2015

Citrate of Magnesia (magnesium citrate) for Constipation: "I have been stressed for many months. My nutrition and water intake has changed And my stomach has been uncomfortable for over a week. I chilled my 10oz bottle for 30 minutes and had dinner. Drank it around 7.30 and thought I was ready by 8. False alarm, but by 9.45, it began to work. Draw back is, almost a day later, I'm being cleansed. I used the lemon flavor. To make the taste more bearable, chill it and use a mint after. Make sure to drink 8oz of water as the instructions state."

Intesinelly Better February 14, 2015