User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Also known as: Citrate of Magnesia, Citroma, LiquiPrep

Learn more about Magnesium citrate.

Constipation 35 reviews 236 medications

9.3
Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 35 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Review by HJA2014:

For Constipation: Only thing that worked!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 7, 2014 9:59 PM

Review by earthenvessel02:

For Constipation: Backed up a couple weeks, the Miralax wasn't cutting it. Dr. instructed probiotic daily and this to get it moving again. Said it was kind-of like 7-up. To me, it was more super-sour-citrus Italian soda, and wasn't so bad. When I've been constipated for shorter periods it'll often come out large, which my home toilet can't handle.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2014 9:59 PM

Review by Rach's Adventures (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: So, unlike my hubby, who got the stereotypical "runs" in Mexico, I got the opposite - 10 days of no poo in Puerto Vallarta. I tried EVERYTHING towards at the end of our 2nd week "dream" vacation. Anyway tried drinking too much alcohol, took stool softeners, stimulant laxatives, suppositories... until one day we where downtown & I have to say that I'm in pretty darn good shape, but I looked like death and was covered in sweat. An old pharmacist saw me & insisted we come into his Farmacia - my husband explained what was wrong, THEY BOTH LAUGHED, he came back with a bottle that looked like Target's brand & I thought it was good - tasted like sour patch soda. In 1 hour I DESTROYED one of our resort's toilets. Thank you old pharmacist I love you!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by Megan Grayson (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: This past week has been horrible. Monday through to Wednesday I was recovering from food poison, and Tuesday- Saturday I was extremely constipated. I spent early Saturday morning 2:30am-5:00am tossing and turning in pain. I realized it had almost been a week since I had a bowel movement. I got up, googled some home remedies, (olive oil, baking soda, prunes etc..) so I tried olive oil. Nasty. Baking soda? Hec no. Prunes? Its 3am. No. So finally I came across magnesium citrate. I got dressed, drove to my local CVS and chose the grape flavor. Got home, forced down the bottle, drank some water and 2 hours later nothing. Waited another 1.5 hours and BAMMM. Like a water hose. So relieved. Cramps and feeling sick so worth it. At last. feel 100x better

August 9, 2014 9:45 AM

Review by sore in Nebraska (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: So I've never been backed up in my life until here recently. The other night after eating I got this horrible pain in my stomach and had realized some recent bloating. I work in a nursing home and the last thing I want is to become dependent on laxatives.. so I tried a natural laxative consisting of bran flakes applesauce and prune juice. It produced some bowel movements. However I was still not comfortable with being blocked, so naturally I think of magnesium citrate... I had heard how well this product worked and figured I'd give it a shot. I drank it around 4:30-5:00 pm and by 7:30 I was in the restroom. This stuff is amazing and works fast and well. The results will outweigh the burn. Good luck.

July 15, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by shuby (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I was constipated for a couple of days so I went to Walgreen and bought magnesiuim citrate. When I tell you this stuff is awesome people I mean it. About an hour later I was home free through out the time I felt stomach cramps and felt a little sick but it was worth it.

July 12, 2014 2:30 AM

Review by Needed a good clean out:

For : I found out about this when my mom was having surgery and needed to be cleaned out.. Other laxative did not work but this is AMAZING my best advice is to plan to stay at home and close to the toilet because it gives you the runs. It may not kick in right away I'd say give it 20-30 minutes if not less you will feel a bubbly feeling in your stomach that means it's cleaning your walls and any other back up

July 10, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by Trazzler (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: Firstly, I had never experience constipation and my issue wasn't Going, it was that whenever I tried to go it hurt so bad! Be careful and don't Over do it with pushing, there can be damage and bleeding. I had been constipated for one day and After reading about all the things to help I decided to go with magnesium citrate. OMG! It didn't work right away- I took the whole bottle and went to sleep. This morning I woke up and didn't think it worked but as soon as I tried to push again.. GAME OVER! It did burn but who cares? Your FREE!! My advice... Get enough toilet paper...thank God for Magnesium citrate.

July 2, 2014 9:41 AM

Review by craftyunicorn (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: First of all I would like to say. The taste is SOUR! It is like drinking sour patch kids that are liquefied. Pucker up baby and drink! I think that was the worst part. I read reviews that said to refrigerate it over night. I did. Honestly I think the coldness made it harder to drink. I let it sit out for awhile and drink the other half at room temperature and it was so much easier. It made me cramp up a lot to start off with and somewhat nauseous. I went to my doctor yesterday, blocked up for a week. Every week only going once a week but in pain so he told me to try this out as well as a blood test and x ray. It made me really feel more pressure to go but first when I started to push. Time went by and made great bowl movements.

June 13, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by Relief McRelieferton (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I'm NEVER constipated so this experience was quite disturbing for me. It took me almost two weeks to realize that my stomach pain was due to constipation. And even then I was afraid to use a laxative as I've never had to use one ever in my life. I tried a Fleet enema 1st with very minimal results. Then two days later I couldn't take it anymore. (Every time I ate my stomach began to hurt either immediately or a short time after) so my mother told me to try magnesium citrate. I was scared to try it because a few people complained of throwing up after drinking it. Didn't want to add to the issues so I went ahead and got the cherry flavor. Couldn't drink it all but got about 8 of the 10 ounces down. "Clear skys" now! (no throw up).

June 7, 2014 8:48 AM

Review by JS murhp:

For Constipation: I "had" been backed up for 5 days. I went to CVS about 3 hours ago or so and picked up a ten ounce bottle....all I can say is that it is working.. it is slightly painful though...but totally worth it if you are constipated.

June 3, 2014 10:53 PM

Review by BJP1111:

For Constipation: I've been irregular for years now, constipated off and on all of the time. It's been a few days since I had a bowel motion. Took the cherry magnesium citrate at 6:45pm tasted like cherry vinegar. I was instructed to drink lots of water after drinking the magnesium and by 7:35 I was not feeling good. I thought I was going to throw up for sure so I went to the bathroom and had a bowel movement. Once the "blockage" was released it just kept coming and then sure enough I threw up too! Single worst experience throwing up in my entire life, the magnesium really burned, but at least I'm not constipated anymore.

May 20, 2014 11:08 PM

Review by Kimmy 5:

For Constipation: I have been constipated for 2 weeks from morphine and surgery. I have taken all over counter laxatives in this last week, got me a few bottles of magnesium citrate still nothing. I feel very nauseated tired and just yucky. Very frustrated, my doctor has been trying to help with no success yet.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by Lexie2006:

For Constipation: I have dealt with constipation off and on for years and finally this year I had a bout of constipation that lasted 2 weeks I had been eating peanuts, bran cereal, apple juice and finally went back to the ER and they prescribed me magnesium citrate and I'm an hour in and its not doing anything, tastes sour and I'm not hurting I think its gonna work.

March 6, 2014 12:33 PM

Review by Boot3rs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: worked great for me, other than it caused irritation and it burnt like hell.

February 16, 2014 8:56 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: Just had surgery 5 days ago and haven't gone to the bathroom since. Took other laxatives didn't work and I have a very sensitive stomach. The doctor told me to drink all 10 ounces of this, the cherry wasn't horrible but very sour. I took mine out of shot glasses to make it easier. Got about 8 ounces down couldn't drink anymore thought I was going to throw up. It's now 7 hours later and beginning to work! I feel better already! Wish I would have used this sooner.

January 30, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by Marq06 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I took that magnesium citrate and in about 2 hours my stomach was ready to let the waste go. I was deeply constipated and couldn't poop for about 2 and a half weeks. Also for the 2 weeks I drank water and had a lot of fruits and veggies to keep my system working. If you take the citrate and it doesn't work it doesn't mean you have a blockage it just mean you don't have enough fiber and I would suggest after drinking citrate to have a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated and eat a banana to get the fiber you need. Well I just finished and feel actually good.

January 25, 2014 3:42 AM

Review by n ♡ w/ this medicine (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: Throughout half of my whole life I have been plagued with chronic constipation, and recently it was very bad. My entire large intestine was full of waste and was in so much pain I lost over a week of work! I took the medicine last night, and ended up falling asleep with no results and I was scared it wasn't going to work on me. Next thing I know I went to the bathroom to go do #1, and ended up very surprised by doing #2, 3, 4, & 5! Lol, it may be disgusting to some, but this medicine is definitely AWE-some.... it relieved my pain and possibly saved me from being fired.

January 22, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by I am so relieved!:

For Constipation: My stool (poop) felt so hard. It was very painful. Every time I get a bowel movement, I rushed to the toilet but it hurt so much that I just decide not to let it out, because I'm scared of getting hemorrhoids. Sometimes I feel the stool, and it was just painful. I tried bulk-forming laxatives, but they don't seem to have much effect. Finally just took half of a bottle of magnesium citrate. Doesn't even taste that bad, and it was cherry-flavored. After taking it, I also ate a banana. Worked after 3 hours. The urge was really great, and I was a bit afraid of the poop being painful to push out. But it didn't even hurt. I was really relieved. I'm glad magnesium citrate exists.

January 2, 2014 10:49 PM

Review by ThisGirlPooped (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: Yes. Under a Dollar. Tastes Like A Sour Candy--yum! Gentle and doesn't make you explode like a traditional laxative. Works for Several Days--watch what you eat the following few days.

November 5, 2013 8:57 AM

Review by Catlady33:

For Constipation: Awesome. I wish I had known about this little glass bottle years ago. I had always known that it was ingested before a colonoscopy but I assumed there was a special reason. I know now! I am a very regular person. Very. Lack of fiber, a new hormonal contraceptive, and tons of caffeine caused a stop up. I was ready to punch someone in the face. Drank a bottle at 6:30pm. Got a little worried because I was told it was almost instantaneous. I got disappointed and just decided to sleep. Woke up at 5am and BAAAAAMMM! I feel so much better. And not only does it taste really tart (cherry)...but it was only a buck, and it didn't cramp like an oral laxative pill.

November 4, 2013 6:42 AM

Review by Me1234567:

For Constipation: The first time I used this I had not had a "go" in 14 days. It's works fast! It does taste sour but the relief is worth it.

October 27, 2013 11:33 PM

Review by chocdat (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: Took about 3 hrs to work. It feels like I had to pass gas. Good thing I went to the toilet before I did! Cherry flavor was great. Taste like cherry sour candy. I would definitely use this again!

October 11, 2013 3:54 AM

Review by Cornelius!:

For Constipation: I read all of the reviews on this medicine but it took 6 hrs for it to work on me! And still working today. Thanks for the info on the 'gurgle' when you hear that-start running to the bathroom! But it does work and I plan to keep some on hand if this happens to me again.

August 22, 2013 3:15 PM

Review by easy going-now (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I bought 2 bottles of the cherry flavor (which wasn't bad tasting) and having never used this product before and considering I was constipated for a week, took both bottles. About an hour later I felt a long but gentle gurgling feeling with watery noises. Don't do 2 bottles, I've been back and forth to the bathroom more times than I can count and have gone through 2 rolls of toilet paper so far. At least I feel a lot better, now if I could only stop going.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2013 9:27 PM