User Reviews for Latuda

Schizophrenia 27 reviews 37 medications

7.2
Summary of Latuda reviews 208 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Latuda

For Bipolar Disorder "Started taking 20 mg. Makes me sleepy (like almost knocks me out) and had a headache for a few days. Week 2 Day 2 of upping dose to 40 mg now sleepy & nauseous."

Renee S. September 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "After 6 years of different meds that never worked I was put on 20mg of latuda. Didn't do anything, didn't work at all. Doc upped it to 40mg. Taking 40mg gave me maybe 3 weeks of terrible headaches and nausea. Then one morning I woke up and actually felt good, well rested, clear-headed...was such a strange feeling to me. Then I turned on some music and I actually FELT music again, I started dancing around while getting ready. Started reaching out socially, started exercising, and started actually taking a shower every morning again! I can not express in words how good and normal I feel, I actually feel things again. Latuda did a 180 degree change on my life, thanks to the researchers who created this drug, you guys are amazing!"

livinagain August 30, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "300 lithium, klonopin, 20 Latuda...I took the latuda for 3 weeks. With in 2 days it made me emotional.. I cried about everything. I thought maybe it was a temporary side effect.. after 3 weeks I quit taking it, I couldn't handle being so emotional. I've been off 4 days and I feel like I have regressed."

tracydawn72 August 29, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I've only been on this medication for 2 days but at 60mg once daily it dries my mouth out terribly and my mind is blank when around people. Hoping to move down to 40mg and if that doesn't work 20mg, If my doctor lets me. Trying to get the right dose is so stressful."

MD00023 August 29, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I had tried every medication that my doctor gave me for bipolar disorder and none of them worked. Then they put me on latuda. It worked wonderful for me. I was on it for a year and a half. Then I got tired of the tremors. I have been off of it for over 6 months now and I still have the tremors. I'm a diabetic and cause of the tremors I can't tell when my sugar is low. I also can't feel when it is high either. This medication works great for bipolar but the side effects suck."

megawhitetiger August 26, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on this medicine for 2 months now. They up'd my dosage every week as follows, 20mg, 40mg, 60mg, 60mg went to my check up and I still felt very irritable and mean so she bumped me to 80mg and said that should work. NO! I hated it! I felt like I was jumping out of my skin, I couldn't sit still and felt so antsy that I couldn't sleep. I had to drink a beer or take a Xanax to fall asleep. I decided to take matters in my own hands and dropped myself back down to 40mg and I feel great now. I have no depression and I feel alive again. My anxiety is still here but will be back on my Klonopins soon to help. I HAVE to take this with dinner or I feel nauseous."

Katie7293 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "The only med that ever worked for me! Although it has major side effects like confusion, memory loss, and muscle aches. Thanks sunovion for making a wonderful product. Unfortunately I can't take it right now cause I don't have insurance and 120 milligrams is 1200 bucks for a month."

Korinfilipowich August 17, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Sure, I feel great. But I've gained 20 pounds. I was 125, now I'm nearly 150. I'm a teenager, I don't need this. I don't even know why they put me on this drug in the first place. Not to mention that my hands have been shakey and slow. I'm an artist. This just isn't right for me."

Weight Gain and The Shakes August 12, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Latuda 80mg for 10 months now and can honestly say that it has changed my life. The first few weeks of adjusting to the medication was awful - I couldn't work and the nausea and headaches were out of this world. However now I feel as feel as good as new. It has stopped my hallucinations and has kept me balanced. It does make me very sedate after taking it so I only take it right before bedtime."

Rachellllz August 10, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "It's one of those pills that I dread having to take -- no matter what, without fail, it makes me feel sick to my stomach. It hasn't lessened in the least and sure, it's gone by morning, but in the meantime it's pure hell."

Zhy August 4, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "When I took Latuda, I had terrible back spasms that lasted for hours. I couldn't stop moving and when I sat down I had to rock back and forth for any comfort. I know that maybe it was because I took 120 mg a day but, when I started taking lower doses with cogentin it was just getting worse. I now have been off of it for almost a year and I have never felt better except with the occasional back pain. I know this may not help you but, know that there are always going to be people out there to support you. They gave me this drug at that dose when I was fourteen and I know why. I hope this helps in any way"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "After battling insurance to finally cover this med, I can't say the improvements in depression are worth the 1,000 price tag. After trying numerous medications for over 17 years to help with depression, I was really hoping for more. I would say that as an add on to Prozac, it is only somewhat effective. At first I was pleased by the lack of noticeable side effects compared to other antipsychotics. It didn't make me groggy during the day, nor did I experience any muscle twitches. However, at about the third month on 20 mg, I began getting severe akathesia shortly after ingesting. It manifested with inner restlessness (not normal for me), anxiety, and inability to stop moving. For me, this has gotten so unpleasant that I've decided to stop it."

kourt July 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have taken this med twice in the past few years. Because of ECT I couldn't remember my prior experience but for some reason I was taken off it. I remember now. I experience crippling nausea and irritability. I makes me mean. Also within 15 minutes of taking it I'm so sick I have to lie down. I'm going to ask my psychiatrist to take me off it. I just can't function with so much nausea. :("

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I only started this yesterday and today I already can feel that things are easier to deal with!! I'm looking forward to feeling somewhat normal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug is the devil.Its evil! Some drugs are not for everyone and this one is not for me! Be careful."

Goolz July 19, 2015

For Schizophrenia "So far the med has me feeling terrible akasthia when I take it at night. Im switching from risperdone 2 mg to latuda 80 mg and I dread taking the pill at night because I know I'll feel like im jumping out of my skin"

Travis0908 July 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I am on 80mg of Latuda, 1050 mg of Lithium, 12.5mg of Ambien CR and can say I feel normal and happy again. I got my life back!"

Striad3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have just started Latuda and I am so happy with it (I will update after I've been on it for a while). I switched from Olanzapine and the difference is incredible. Olanzapine had me feeling groggy and tired. Latuda, from day one, has had my brain feeling clear and I've had my my energy back! My apartment is finally clean and I'm not losing everything all the time (seriously - I lost my phone daily before) The only "side effect" is that I am super drowsy when I take it, which has to be with dinner, so the whole night I'm tired. I see this as a positive, because I used to be up all night on olanzapine. Plus, I wake up in the morning and I'm wide awake! Latuda has been amazing!"

cspong (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Dr. decided to try Latuda. The side effects completely outweighed the benefits for me. For a while I was able to tolerate the headaches and nausea, and enjoyed the mood improvement. I was actually able to feel true happiness in happy situations. But it also affected my menstrual cycle to where I was experiencing a full week of cramps (not normal for me) and was 2 weeks late (also not normal for me). Then the nausea just became vomiting every time I took the pill. So I stopped it. I really wished it would work because I liked the happiness I experienced and no mania."

lintu July 7, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on 74mg of Latuda, gained 30lbs overnight and developed tardive dyskinesia. For me the side effects outweighed the therapeutic benefits."

wildeav (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on 20 mg Latuda with 300 mg Lithium. It was the most normal I have felt in a while. For me it has being weight neutral in comparison with Zyprexa. Zyprexa made me gain 5 pounds per day & 80 pounds in a few days. Latuda gave me more energy to work out. Naturally, if I don't take meds I don't even have to work out & have a fast metabolism & loose weight easily. With meds I need to exercise. However, the main difference is that with Zyprexa I would exercise 5 times per week, 2 hours per day, eat healthy & still gain a ton of weight. Latuda helps me maintain healthy weight. Unfortunately, my doctor for some reason decided to increase my Latuda doze to 40 mg. I am now having muscle spasm, around my eyes."

Dreamer_Me June 30, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Latuda for around 8 months now. I have a Dr appointment next week and I am going to ask to switch to something else or add another med to it. I am tired all the time. I can barely stay awake within an hour of taking it. I am emotionless. Never feel better than a 5 out of 10. Don't feel happiness. No joy in any activities. It's definitely good at evening you out....too good. It has not conquered my depression. I find it hard to focus and it is starting to effect my job. I just want to feel happy again."

JennT13 June 24, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "40mg latuda Makes my arms hurt. Makes me feel high like a zombie take it at night only. I been getting a lil snappy towards people. I take trazadone 150 mg at night to sleep. Also take hydroxyzine 25mg as needed for anxiety. Bipolar I diagnose. . I hate meds..."

mz parker June 14, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Latuda for 8 months now. Got off Risperdal which made me zombie like. I am taking 120mg of Latuda and love this medication. It has been successful in treating my depression/irritability. I am also taking Viibryd and Welbutrin. I have experienced NO weight gain. I recommend giving this medication a try if all others fail."

dagaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I took latuda with Lithum and ended up in the hospital for 2 months. I don't know if it was the mixture but I was doing all right on Lithum. When I Started Latuda I started to fell funny not myself. When I was in the hospital I lost movement in my body and I was going down hill fast. After about 4 weeks I started going the other way but I needed physical and occupational therapy to walk and move my arms plus my breathing was no good. This was the end on December and here it is June and still going though therapy. Not a good experience with Latuda."

mike 12345 June 9, 2015