User Reviews for Latuda

Bipolar Disorder 171 reviews 46 medications

7.3
Summary of Latuda reviews 197 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Latuda

For Bipolar Disorder "After battling insurance to finally cover this med, I can't say the improvements in depression are worth the 1,000 price tag. After trying numerous medications for over 17 years to help with depression, I was really hoping for more. I would say that as an add on to Prozac, it is only somewhat effective. At first I was pleased by the lack of noticeable side effects compared to other antipsychotics. It didn't make me groggy during the day, nor did I experience any muscle twitches. However, at about the third month on 20 mg, I began getting severe akathesia shortly after ingesting. It manifested with inner restlessness (not normal for me), anxiety, and inability to stop moving. For me, this has gotten so unpleasant that I've decided to stop it."

kourt July 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have taken this med twice in the past few years. Because of ECT I couldn't remember my prior experience but for some reason I was taken off it. I remember now. I experience crippling nausea and irritability. I makes me mean. Also within 15 minutes of taking it I'm so sick I have to lie down. I'm going to ask my psychiatrist to take me off it. I just can't function with so much nausea. :("

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I only started this yesterday and today I already can feel that things are easier to deal with!! I'm looking forward to feeling somewhat normal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug is the devil.Its evil! Some drugs are not for everyone and this one is not for me! Be careful."

Goolz July 19, 2015

For Schizophrenia "So far the med has me feeling terrible akasthia when I take it at night. Im switching from risperdone 2 mg to latuda 80 mg and I dread taking the pill at night because I know I'll feel like im jumping out of my skin"

Travis0908 July 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I am on 80mg of Latuda, 1050 mg of Lithium, 12.5mg of Ambien CR and can say I feel normal and happy again. I got my life back!"

Striad3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have just started Latuda and I am so happy with it (I will update after I've been on it for a while). I switched from Olanzapine and the difference is incredible. Olanzapine had me feeling groggy and tired. Latuda, from day one, has had my brain feeling clear and I've had my my energy back! My apartment is finally clean and I'm not losing everything all the time (seriously - I lost my phone daily before) The only "side effect" is that I am super drowsy when I take it, which has to be with dinner, so the whole night I'm tired. I see this as a positive, because I used to be up all night on olanzapine. Plus, I wake up in the morning and I'm wide awake! Latuda has been amazing!"

cspong (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Dr. decided to try Latuda. The side effects completely outweighed the benefits for me. For a while I was able to tolerate the headaches and nausea, and enjoyed the mood improvement. I was actually able to feel true happiness in happy situations. But it also affected my menstrual cycle to where I was experiencing a full week of cramps (not normal for me) and was 2 weeks late (also not normal for me). Then the nausea just became vomiting every time I took the pill. So I stopped it. I really wished it would work because I liked the happiness I experienced and no mania."

lintu July 7, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on 74mg of Latuda, gained 30lbs overnight and developed tardive dyskinesia. For me the side effects outweighed the therapeutic benefits."

wildeav (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on 20 mg Latuda with 300 mg Lithium. It was the most normal I have felt in a while. For me it has being weight neutral in comparison with Zyprexa. Zyprexa made me gain 5 pounds per day & 80 pounds in a few days. Latuda gave me more energy to work out. Naturally, if I don't take meds I don't even have to work out & have a fast metabolism & loose weight easily. With meds I need to exercise. However, the main difference is that with Zyprexa I would exercise 5 times per week, 2 hours per day, eat healthy & still gain a ton of weight. Latuda helps me maintain healthy weight. Unfortunately, my doctor for some reason decided to increase my Latuda doze to 40 mg. I am now having muscle spasm, around my eyes."

Dreamer_Me June 30, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Latuda for around 8 months now. I have a Dr appointment next week and I am going to ask to switch to something else or add another med to it. I am tired all the time. I can barely stay awake within an hour of taking it. I am emotionless. Never feel better than a 5 out of 10. Don't feel happiness. No joy in any activities. It's definitely good at evening you out....too good. It has not conquered my depression. I find it hard to focus and it is starting to effect my job. I just want to feel happy again."

JennT13 June 24, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "40mg latuda Makes my arms hurt. Makes me feel high like a zombie take it at night only. I been getting a lil snappy towards people. I take trazadone 150 mg at night to sleep. Also take hydroxyzine 25mg as needed for anxiety. Bipolar I diagnose. . I hate meds..."

mz parker June 14, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Latuda for 8 months now. Got off Risperdal which made me zombie like. I am taking 120mg of Latuda and love this medication. It has been successful in treating my depression/irritability. I am also taking Viibryd and Welbutrin. I have experienced NO weight gain. I recommend giving this medication a try if all others fail."

dagaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I took latuda with Lithum and ended up in the hospital for 2 months. I don't know if it was the mixture but I was doing all right on Lithum. When I Started Latuda I started to fell funny not myself. When I was in the hospital I lost movement in my body and I was going down hill fast. After about 4 weeks I started going the other way but I needed physical and occupational therapy to walk and move my arms plus my breathing was no good. This was the end on December and here it is June and still going though therapy. Not a good experience with Latuda."

mike 12345 June 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This med did nothing for my Bipolar 1 disorder. It's very expensive if you do not have medical coverage"

Ty-Ty (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "It did not help at all and my doctor said there's no weight gain yet there was"

Ahufker (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Latuda for over a year now for bipolar 2. It seemed to work well for a few months at 40mg, then stopped working. Upped dose to 60, worked for a few months. Increased again to 80, now ineffective. Now I'm on lamotrigine concurrently - if that helps I will stop taking Latuda. Side effects have been very bad. Never had a panic attack in my life until I took Latuda, now I've had several. Nausea every time I take it. Supposedly this medicine is "weight-neutral", but I gained at least 30 pounds over the past year and a half (I didn't change my diet or exercise habits from before taking it). Now I am eating better and working out, but I doubt if I can lose the weight until I'm off Latuda. Hope to get off it soon!"

spartan2011 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2015

"Seem that I struggle without medication but I am worse of with suicidal thoughts and attempt. No nausea. Currently taking 40 mg in morning have been for about 4 weeks. I go back to Dr in two weeks where she suggested maybe going to increase dose. I think I just need to try something else. Right now that's the only psych med I'm on."

C Love (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking 10mg of Latuda for two days now. I take it in the morning with breakfast, so I haven't experienced nausea. However, I do have more difficulty getting up in the morning, but once I'm up, I seem to be more energetic than I have been in ages. Last night I was watching a comedy show on television and laughed so hard for so long it actually scared me. Like it was completely foreign to me to be express that level of happiness/giddiness. On the flip side, I've noticed that I've gained 4 pounds in two days, so that is totally freaking me out. I have always been a little overweight, so the idea of gaining more weight is untenable for me. I will be watching my weight over the next few days and see how it goes."

longingtobehappy (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I had been on Effoxor XR forever, and it wasn't working like it used to. It just kept me barely sane. I added Latuda 20mg at night, and very quickly I was feeling normal for the first time in years. No more crying depression, no more overly happiness. But a stable feeling. A happy medium. It didn't make me numb or zombie like. I feel productive for the most part. I sleep better and wake more positive. It has triggered my already sweet tooth, and I've gained weight, but I'm just so relieved with my mood, I can handle it...I like it overall."

lonely one May 22, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "After taking for a week I felt awesome! My mood improved tremendously!! Then at about two weeks my muscles in my hands stiffened up and they were very restless. It was a horrible feeling so I stopped taking it"

Shana1981 May 20, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Hated it"

dnc1987 (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Just started 80mg at night with a meal. Was taking Seroquel 400mg at night, gabapentin 4000mg a day and depekote xr. Found a great shrink and was re diagnosed bi-polar I. In the past it was bi polar II. I never gained weight since I am Type 1 diabetic. Along with 0.5mg klonopin twice a day as needed for panic disorder. Life seems brighter when I wake up. I am on no opoid meds. It seems this new drug doesn't spike glucose levels like most bi polar meds eg. Seroquel. "

fridogg May 13, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I started latuda about 2 weeks ago and am taking the 80 mg So far I have not noticed much change at all. I feel a bit more happy during the day but not much. However, debating on if I should stop taking it due to the horrific side effects I am having. It makes me feel over tired. You know that feeling you get when your to drunk? You wanna go to sleep but your to dizzy and feel like throwing up? It feels like that. Also I become very weak and can hardly pick up anything. I'm hoping these side effects will pass so I can start to understand if it is working for me or not."

Codigorman May 10, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I took Latuda 20mg po qd for 3wk out of 4wk I got Rx for. During the 1st wk , I felt better. In the 3rd wk, I increasingly felt weak, "drugged" and unable to function. My BP remained normal. At no time, did Latuda helped with my chief symptom -sleeplessness."

otr May 7, 2015