User Reviews for Latuda

Bipolar Disorder 230 reviews 33 medications

7.2
Summary of Latuda reviews 264 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Latuda

For Schizophrenia "We have heard of the Latuda 20-40 mg restlessness/sense of muscle quiver being controlled by a small .5mg Benztropine daily dosage taken with the Latuda. Both were taken in evening as it seemed to help with sleep. I believe Benztropine may normally be given for Parkinson. This was suggested by an experienced Psychiatrist who reviewed medications looking for one that had the side effect to address and to help with the sense of muscle quiver."

Restlessness Solution (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Worked extremely well when I first started it at 20mg- I felt amazing good, started listening to music , became more affectionate and loving with friends and family , I was feeling so good that I started telling people out of the blue that I feel happy for first time in my life. BUT, that didn't last for very long. Over the next 4-5 weeks it completely stopped working and my old depressive symptoms of my bipolar disease came back. My doc upped the dosage to 40mg to see if I could get back to the old positive state I had before at the beginning but no dice . The higher 40mg dose gave me horrible severe anxiousness, agitation , and restlessness. Others have referred to this state of agitation as akathisia. I was climbing the walls!"

Arrowstar777 February 2, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I cannot express how much better I feel and am after trying Latuda. I'm on the lowest dosage, and I felt the effects within the first few days of taking the 20mg. It has been life changing medication but extremely cost prohibitive. I wish that it wasn't so expensive since it works so well. I used to be irritable, angry and unpredictable--occasionally reclusive and had big manic upswings of extreme activity. I had a hard time being affectionate and open emotionally. Latuda has changed my life. I want to touch my husband, hug my kids and I am not annoyed by everything and everyone around me. I take Clonazepam (Klonopin) with it at night and have not had trouble sleeping at all."

Fox in VA January 28, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Good Experience overall. More motivated less depressed and no side effects. I take 30mg. You have to take it with food otherwise you'd get nausea."

Felipe056 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I don't want to bash this drug because it sounds like it is really good for a lot of people. Also, it is by far the best antipsychotic I have tried in terms of side effects and effectiveness. However, like all antipsychotics I've tried so far (Seroquel, Abilify), it made me emotionally flat and unable to enjoy life. Being on it is better then being depressed, but it took away my ability to enjoy everything I used to (reading a good book, listening to music, looking beautiful scenery or paintings). I am switching over to Depakote, and I can already feel my life coming back as the Latuda goes down."

Anonymous January 21, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was looking forward to trying Latuda however in the month that I took it, the side effects were too much for me. I could not sleep, I was restless, irritable, argumentative - basically not pleasant to be around. And it made my muscles ache so bad I could hardly walk. It wasn't for me. Good luck!"

srilamm (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have rapid cycling bipolar disorder.I was starting latuda because I wanted to get pregnant and it was suggested by my psychiatrist. While I was on it my moods were rapidly cycling worse than I was when off meds. I had 4 attempts at suicide before the doctor suggested going back to lithium."

Poisonivy89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I took Latuda for my recently diagnosed bipolar II. I started on 20mg and it was great for my mood. It did have a strange side effect of making me incredibly anxious to go to bed. I physically had to go to sleep at the same time every day or I would be jittery, irritable, and anxious the whole time I stayed up. My doctor thought going up in dosage could reduce this and help my mood more, but it just made the akthasia worse, leaving me with shaky hands and a clenching jaw as well. I wish this drug didn't have the physical side effects, because during the day I felt great!"

tincan (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have some kind of Depressive Disorder-- Never have had a diagnosis done but I ruminate a lot. I also suffered a manic episode a few months ago which served to make me feel more trapped and hopeless than ever. I started Latuda about 6 weeks ago at 20 mg. My psych was confident about this medication. Three weeks into the treatment I began to feel way less depressed. I was socializing more, and I wouldn't get stuck in my thoughts. It was wonderful. Unfortunately it lasted only for a few days and the depression came back. I continued to work with my doctor and we increased the dosage from 40 to 60 to 80. Right now, I am tapering off of it and feeling more miserable and incapacitated than I have in my entire life. It's horrible. I feel like I don't know what to do with myself. The voice in my head is relentless. This medication made me worse, and my psych and I had very high hopes for it. I couldn't sleep on it as well. I wanted to stick it out to see if a higher does would work for me but decided that the depression I'm experiencing now is much too intense to push on through. I'm going to see her ASAP after the holidays and ask to be put on Lactimal. Maybe this will work for you, but it was not my niche. I'm giving it a two only because I experienced no side effects aside from the insomnia, and Seroquel took care of that."

Thechad90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking latuda 40mg for almost 2 weeks. I was feeling less depressed, my mood had stabilized but I felt a lot of anxiety, more than before I started the medicine. Looking back and thinking about where I am today, irritable, angry and feeling confused. I may be having a manic episode that the medicine may have induced."

Wild1980 December 29, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I tried for six months and would always wake up after only 3 hours. I was great for 4 or 5 days and then would sink into deep depression and threaten family with suicide for about 2 days. . Could never get sleep under control. Made my mood swings more dramatic. Have stopped and gone back to geodon. Just have to put more effort in personally to make myself better to get past serious depression."

Nickoly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was deeply suicidal for 15 years with repetitive suicidal thoughts on a daily basis. I was at the end of my rope close to killing myself and my doctor suggested latuda. I started at 80 mg 1x a day at bed time. Suicidal thoughts and constant thoughts of my 15 year old cat constantly dying largely diminished. I have a down episode once every 6 days about where I am hopeless and negative thinking again, but that lasts only a day or two. I am not missing work any more and have no problem waking up. I can only sleep 3 hours a night though after 3 months and my doctor upped me to 120 mg. Bad decision still sleepless. Going to try to go down to 40mg to help sleep will report back with results. Xanax and unisom help sleep. Well after 6 months on"

surfzulu (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I started taking Latuda on the 20 mg. starter dose and am now up to 40 mg. at night. I also take 1200 mg. per day of Lithium. I started taking Latuda because the Lithium was not quite controlling the hypomanic break-through events. The Latuda is amazing. I started noticing the change about 3 days into it. The main thing is that I feel calm, the best I have felt in about 20 years. It does not make me that sleepy, although I used to have trouble falling asleep, and now it is no problem. It does make me hungry, which I have to fight all day. I will take hungry over feeling like crap any day."

Jeff 1987 December 24, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I am bi polar 1 and I take 80 mg of Latuda and 150 mg of Lamictal. I feel wonderful. I've been healthy and stable for 8 1/2 months."

Starryeyed73 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Before I took latuda, my bipolar disorder was pretty much ruining my life. I started latuda and about 2 months later, while I was starting to feel so much better. I also noticed that I was starting to feel overwhelmed and was starting to become delusional and developed irrational fears such as being scared to even go outside for example. I stopped latuda and went back to feeling normal. I thought it might have just been me and my bipolar was starting to have a severe effect on my life again so just a few months ago I decided to try latuda again. And within a week I was starting to feel overwhelmed and delusional again. I will never take it again. While the medication was effective, the side effects were horrific."

154235lex December 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I recently sought help from a psychiatrist and he prescribed me starter doses of Lamictal. He also gave me samples of Latuda for if I began to notice myself experiencing an episode. I noticed that I began to have a quick decline in to depression after a hypomanic state and reluctantly began to take the Latuda. It is AMAZING. After only 5 days of use, I already feel so much better. Today I just noticed that I am not depressed anymore, as I was a few days ago. I am able to take better care of my body (eating better, exercise) because I already am feeling so much better. I get very sleepy and some akathisia, I just take it at night to avoid those side effects."

ketchura December 15, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I went through a traumatizing story but, I rather just tell you the thoughts on lutuda. Unfortunately, I'm on it due to suicidal thoughts according to these amazing doctors (being sarcastic!). I wasn't suicidal the least. But, I've been on this medication for over a month I'm taking lutuda at 80 mg and cymbalta at 30mg. Latuda is working for depression but, I still cry everyday because of my experience which was horrible.. I'm taking cymbalta for chronic pain and its helping, I rather take only cymbalta I don't feel safe with latuda I honestly do believe latuda is for personality disorder and I don't even have that.. But, the doctors keep giving me drugs I do not need to stabilize me. I want to get off asap"

Caroleenac December 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Latuda for over two years. I feel a lot better, though I am somewhat apathetic and don't want to bathe, cook, or clean house. I have to eat a large meal to stave off the nausea. When I have nausea, I eat saltine crackers until I no longer feel sick. Other types of crackers work too. I take benztropine to prevent unconscious chewing. It doesn't stop the fidgeting and restlessness that I feel."

EKris (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Been on latuda for 6 weeks and seen no improvement with my depression. Still have suicidal thoughts and zero energy."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication saved my life. I was so numb from bipolar depression that I literally lost all feelings; I did not have pleasure in anything, was not upset by anything, was not angry and basically had no personality. After two weeks on this, I got significantly better. Of course, I needed other meds, and finding those was difficult. This was the pillar medicine after which everything else became add on's. I was recently in Australia, and they don't have Latuda there, so I don't think I could live there! I've been hoping for the day when I can finally give a med a perfect score (because when I was sick all I did was dream of getting myself back), and now I can. Alleviates bipolar depression and any residual psychotic symptoms."

Justine Carla December 8, 2015

For Schizophrenia "Works great. Took away the voices I was hearing. I don't really experience side effects."

Mrs 7 December 7, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been severely suicidal for 15 years with no attempts in that time. Just could not escape the repetitive desire to escape my bad depression. Started taking Latuda 4 months ago 80mg and suicidal thoughts have diminished greatly. Problem sleeping now and some twitching doc put me up to 120mg and sleeping only 3 hours a night usually. I am 250 pounds and was 290 before bipolar medicine. Food cravings have pretty much ceased. Amazing thing is even with little sleep I am not having nearly as many haywire thoughts from my schizophrenia as I usually do without much sleep. Actually want to try now. I am back down to 80 mg and think I am going to halve that to 40mg in a week to get sleep back under control. Xanax and unisom are helping for sleep now"

Nickoly (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I had been on Latudia 2 yrs with excellent results I feel it saved my life. But, due to being on Medicare now the cost is not covered. I am now on the roller coaster trying to find the right fit for my Bipolar. This is very depressing."

Crotshin (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2015

For Schizophrenia "Needs to be taken with food. Worked well for about a year then It gave me random bouts of severe depression and fatigue. I think when I was taking this I had more homicidal thoughts. Thank GOD I don't suffer from these side effects anymore. I'll stick to my abilify."

AnonymousGal November 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Latuda for a little over a year now. It's been extremely helpful for both mania and depression. I had psychotic mixed episodes, which Lithium did not help. On Latuda, I feel stable and like myself. However, I have "mild" akathisia, meaning I don't twitch, but I feel horrible if I take it during the day. I take it at night before bed with Lorazepam as needed, (I am probably going to switch to a more regular sleep med soon) and that pretty much solved the problem. The only issue is that it is expensive, but thankfully I have insurance that covers it after my deductible."

Worked for me (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 26, 2015