User Reviews for Latuda

7.6
Summary of Latuda reviews 148 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Latuda

Review by Rich 1958:

For Bipolar Disorder: Have been on Latuda (80 mg) for 3 months and it has done wonders for me. I am primarily manic and Latuda has helped me greatly. Much better than Seroquel and a whole bunch of others. Some mild nausea but if I take it with the 350 calories required this equates to no nausea. still suffer from elevated anxiety but that's another issue.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 10:23 PM

Review by bpgc (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Been on Latuda for 2 months and for the first time in years I feel happy and content plus I'm not flip flopping between mad confusion to hyperactive depression anymore. It gives me that second to think before I react and that has been all the time I need to see where I could go down the angry paranoid path or CHOOSE to take another route. My anxiety is almost gone with or without benzo's. I smile and have a positive outlook on things now. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is as of now it creates a very uncomfortable energy almost like I can't keep still. So worth it to me I can deal with that. I have been on all the anti crazy and bat shit loony meds out there and this so far has been the best.

January 8, 2015 4:18 PM

Review by EyeofPeacock (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: Diagnosed 20 years ago with bipolar 1. Struggled for years to try and manage depression with Paxil and anti anxiety meds. The ups and downs were absolutely wearing me out! Finally, Latuda was advised by my therapist for my psych to prescribe. 8 days in and I feel almost normal! I say "almost" since there is that little uncertainty with any new medicine that it will have staying power. So far, so good!

December 28, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by Beakybird (taken for less than 1 month):

For Schizophrenia: My wife started getting non-stop dark and intrusive thoughts. Diagnosis was psychotic depression or atypical bipolar depression with psychotic features. She took Latuda for three weeks, and it simply didn't work at all. The only thing good I can say is that she didn't suffer any side effects. She went from 20mg to 60mg.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2014 5:51 PM

Review by Corksters:

For Schizophrenia: Latuda is the best mood stabilizer there is. At least for me. It certainly does not act like a stimulant towards depression and nor does it act like an SSRI. The medication is awesome because it feels more like a mood stabilizer than saying it's an anti psychotic even though it is, Latuda helps everything. And the side effects are minimal. I would recommend this medicine to who has depression, paranoia and bipolar disorder.

November 30, 2014 11:17 PM

Review by AnnaGabrielle94:

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been taking Latuda for about half a year already. It has stopped the voices, and visual hallucinations for a little while. But then they come back after awhile, I'm on the highest dose right now 160mg and I have had less frequent hallucinations but they are still there. I am currently taking it with 5mg of Zyprexa. I also have noticed a notable amount of weight gain, I went from 130lbs to 170lbs. I'm also on 5 other medications, so it's hard to target which is causing the weight gain. I'm also concerned about my blood sugar and the possibility of getting diabetes.

November 28, 2014 6:11 PM

Review by Wia:

For Bipolar Disorder: I'm diagnosed with bipolar 1 disorder with psychotic features. When I first started this medication about 8 months ago, I would get extremely tired soon after I took it, also nauseous. I have to take it at night. The tiredness put me in a low mood but not depressed. After steadily taking it, my doctor put me on a stimulant and that cancels out the tiredness. Honestly I'm so happy at this point in time and I've come so far. I have a job now and a 4.5 GPA and I volunteer. It really has changed my life. I also lost almost 40 pounds and I feel healthier and love life. If you take this medicine everyday and stick to it, it really works. If I skip I definitely feel very agitated and paranoid and angry. I take 40mg a night, sometimes I do still get nauseous.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2014 2:54 AM

Review by Msprettyeyes04 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: It's ok, I'm not suicidal anymore because of Latuda. Not too long ago I got off of Pristiq and Lamictal even tried getting off of Vyvanse, everything went downhill from there, so my psych doc decided to put me on Latuda. At first I felt restless at bedtime but now I feel super tired and sluggish, zombie like. Also emotionless so I don't know if I will keep taking it. I want to feel again. Right now I've not been feeling like myself. So we will see what the doctor says.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 4:00 PM

Review by Tina P. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Latuda changed my life. I feel normal. I'm 48 years old and have been on many, many different types of meds for Bipolar type 1. I was diagnosed when I was 28, and have had quite a roller coaster time until I was put on Latuda 80 mg as well as Wellbutrin XL 300. I also had to add Trazodone 100mg later for sleeping. It's been 3 1/2 years now and I'm married now and taking care of both of my daughters, my grandson, and my husband. It truly has changed my life to stable and normal.

November 20, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by T.R.:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have been on so many medications that have not worked until I was prescribed Latuda. Everything changed. I feel normal now. It's the best medication for bipolar that I have ever encountered.

November 20, 2014 9:07 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: From day one, my mood immediately improved. I felt happier and more energized and started enjoying life again. The problem I have with this medication, however, is that about an hour or two after taking, I am overcome with extreme exhaustion and have to sleep immediately. I can afford this thanks to the discount card, making it around $30 a month.

November 19, 2014 11:41 AM

Review by Gemi77:

For Bipolar Disorder: I was suicidal and depressed for months. Feels like years. I'm on Wellbutrin as well but have been for years with no improvement. Latuda at 40 mgs has changed my life in 3 weeks. I'm not manic. I'm just normal and happy. High stress situations don't make me spiral, setbacks aren't out of proportion and damn if I'm not in awe that people live like this naturally and take it for granted.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2014 6:04 PM

Review by JLegit (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was prescribed Latuda, and I only took it for about two weeks before begging to be switched to something else. It might have just been me, but it made me angry and uncomfortable all the time. Restless, pissed off, and definitely did not help my depression. I'm now taking Abilify and Seroquel and those seem to be helping a lot. I'm writing a review as a caution to those just starting: if you get raged out while on this medicine, SWITCH right away! This is not supposed to happen!

November 18, 2014 12:06 PM

Review by VaorieKay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Thanks to Latuda, I have my life back! I've taken so many medications in the past with no relief of my symptoms until Latuda! I wish I had known about Latuda years ago.

November 11, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by SuSu PuPu (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have Bipolar depression, schizo effective disorder and PTSD with lots of anxiety. I have been on probably all of the antipsychotics and Latuda is the best so far. I take Klonopin and Viibryd as well. I also have diabetes which makes it hard to find the right medication as most antipsychotics raise your sugar. Latuda has not raised my sugar. I have even lost 20 lbs. The only thing I don't like about Latuda is it makes me feel weak. I have been on for 6 months now. I have no appetite most of the time which in turn makes my sugar drop to low. I do feel more normal on this but I wish there was something even better. I have the card to get Latuda for only 25.00 if you have insurance.

November 8, 2014 6:45 PM

Review by Anonymo:

For Bipolar Disorder: It's been a love, hate relationship with Latuda for me. After 2 months of using it, I noticed a significant change in my depression, which was fantastic. But, I experience SEVERE nausea even when I eat enough food. I have even thrown up about 6 or 7 times within my 7 months of taking it. Which is unpleasant to say the least. The nausea usually sets in about 30-45 minutes after taking and lasts anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2014 3:28 AM

Review by Wopff (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I took this, started at 60 mg. Caused severe restlessness and lack of sleep. Felt like I had tachycardia going on but didn't. switched down to 30 mg without doctors consent and don't get restless or have the feeling in my chest as bad. It's been a little over a week wish I had better idea on if it's working or not.

September 23, 2014 2:56 PM

Review by HTA:

For Bipolar Disorder: I was on Latuda for 3 weeks and it was horrible. Where to begin. From day 2 I was unable to sleep at all. I averaged 2 hours of sleep for 3 weeks straight! Fortunately my Bipolar 1 and Schizoaffective Disorder were held in check. I don't know how. My sleep has now come back due to 100mg of Seroquel. Albeit I can not fall asleep without it. The worst lingering side effect has been with my tongue. It is constantly pushed up against the roof of my mouth! It never ends. I also constantly grind and clench my teeth. This has been the worst experience with any medication I have been on. I am also on 900mg of Lithium and 300mg of Lamictal.

September 21, 2014 2:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: First medicine in years that has seemed to help depression without causing mania.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2014 10:54 AM

Review by Mr. Jones (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been on Latuda for about 6 weeks for Bipolar depression. It is one of the most effective medications that I have taken for depression but I'm dealing with a few side effects that I hope will go away. I have the paradox of extreme tiredness followed by difficulty sleeping. If I take it during the day I will have a few hours of fighting falling asleep. When I take it at night (which is what I do now) after the initial sleepiness wears off I wake up several times and am somewhat restless. Hopefully I will be able to adjust better over time. If you need something that works fast for depression I would recommend.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2014 9:23 PM

Review by SarLinMar:

For Bipolar Disorder: This medication has been helping me since day 1. I had to work through my own set of side effects, of course, but with the help of my doctor and 20mg / night of Latuda, I am well on my way towards a more stable life. I was very leery about taking the step to be on medication again, what with all the trials and errors, as well as misdiagnoses of my past. After barely even 3 weeks of taking Latuda, I feel almost proud of myself for taking this step. I am able to function again with a healthy routine.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2014 3:29 AM

Review by Jovbe (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: It has been great, but I am to relaxed and have not much desire to do things but when I need to do things it's not a problem, in fact my work has been much faster than it has been in years. I am more focused and content. The unusual effects have been it has stopped my hypoglycemia, caffeine has no effect on me any longer and I have no withdrawals at all when stopped cold.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 12:49 PM

Review by PBSI:

For Bipolar Disorder: Latuda is a miracle for me. I started on 40mg at bedtime then moved up to 80 mg at bedtime. 80 mg was too much as I started having inner restlessness so with my doctors approval I went back to 40 mg. At 40 mg everything is perfect. My depression lifted, my compulsive thoughts went away and I can think again.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 7:21 AM

Review by ChubbyDoggy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: Amazing medicine. I tried almost everything with no results. I felt hopeless and wanted to die until Latuda. It has made a great difference in my life in less that 3 weeks. I now feel again....amazing! Only draw back is the cost if you do not have insurance but thankfully I do.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2014 6:19 PM

Review by jhudora (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Amazing medicine! My doctor finally took me of Seroquel and put me on an upped dose of Latuda making my dosage 160 mg instead of 80 mg. I feel great and never better. I've lost 20 lbs in a month! Now I'm stuck at this weight but I did lose most of the weight I gained before. It definitely makes me sleepy but I've heard this goes away soon as your body adjusts. As for the nausea I've found eating small amount before and larger portion after taking the medicine and following it with a ginger pill and milk helps to stop it.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 11:07 PM