User Reviews for Latuda

Bipolar Disorder 164 reviews 46 medications

7.4
Summary of Latuda reviews 188 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Latuda

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Latuda for around 8 months now. I have a Dr appointment next week and I am going to ask to switch to something else or add another med to it. I am tired all the time. I can barely stay awake within an hour of taking it. I am emotionless. Never feel better than a 5 out of 10. Don't feel happiness. No joy in any activities. It's definitely good at evening you out....too good. It has not conquered my depression. I find it hard to focus and it is starting to effect my job. I just want to feel happy again."

JennT13 June 24, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Love this stuff. I felt heavily medicated the first day I was on it, but the second day on I have been a completely different person. Before I was heavily depressed and staying up for days. I never socialized and avoided people. Now I am exercising, socializing and smiling and happy. It's been a lifesaver. I'm not sure I would be here now if I hadn't been given this miracle."

windshawne1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "40mg latuda Makes my arms hurt. Makes me feel high like a zombie take it at night only. I been getting a lil snappy towards people. I take trazadone 150 mg at night to sleep. Also take hydroxyzine 25mg as needed for anxiety. Bipolar I diagnose. . I hate meds..."

mz parker June 14, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Latuda for 8 months now. Got off Risperdal which made me zombie like. I am taking 120mg of Latuda and love this medication. It has been successful in treating my depression/irritability. I am also taking Viibryd and Welbutrin. I have experienced NO weight gain. I recommend giving this medication a try if all others fail."

dagaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I took latuda with Lithum and ended up in the hospital for 2 months. I don't know if it was the mixture but I was doing all right on Lithum. When I Started Latuda I started to fell funny not myself. When I was in the hospital I lost movement in my body and I was going down hill fast. After about 4 weeks I started going the other way but I needed physical and occupational therapy to walk and move my arms plus my breathing was no good. This was the end on December and here it is June and still going though therapy. Not a good experience with Latuda."

mike 12345 June 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This med did nothing for my Bipolar 1 disorder. It's very expensive if you do not have medical coverage"

Ty-Ty (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "It did not help at all and my doctor said there's no weight gain yet there was"

Ahufker (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Latuda for over a year now for bipolar 2. It seemed to work well for a few months at 40mg, then stopped working. Upped dose to 60, worked for a few months. Increased again to 80, now ineffective. Now I'm on lamotrigine concurrently - if that helps I will stop taking Latuda. Side effects have been very bad. Never had a panic attack in my life until I took Latuda, now I've had several. Nausea every time I take it. Supposedly this medicine is "weight-neutral", but I gained at least 30 pounds over the past year and a half (I didn't change my diet or exercise habits from before taking it). Now I am eating better and working out, but I doubt if I can lose the weight until I'm off Latuda. Hope to get off it soon!"

spartan2011 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2015

"Seem that I struggle without medication but I am worse of with suicidal thoughts and attempt. No nausea. Currently taking 40 mg in morning have been for about 4 weeks. I go back to Dr in two weeks where she suggested maybe going to increase dose. I think I just need to try something else. Right now that's the only psych med I'm on."

C Love (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking 10mg of Latuda for two days now. I take it in the morning with breakfast, so I haven't experienced nausea. However, I do have more difficulty getting up in the morning, but once I'm up, I seem to be more energetic than I have been in ages. Last night I was watching a comedy show on television and laughed so hard for so long it actually scared me. Like it was completely foreign to me to be express that level of happiness/giddiness. On the flip side, I've noticed that I've gained 4 pounds in two days, so that is totally freaking me out. I have always been a little overweight, so the idea of gaining more weight is untenable for me. I will be watching my weight over the next few days and see how it goes."

longingtobehappy (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I had been on Effoxor XR forever, and it wasn't working like it used to. It just kept me barely sane. I added Latuda 20mg at night, and very quickly I was feeling normal for the first time in years. No more crying depression, no more overly happiness. But a stable feeling. A happy medium. It didn't make me numb or zombie like. I feel productive for the most part. I sleep better and wake more positive. It has triggered my already sweet tooth, and I've gained weight, but I'm just so relieved with my mood, I can handle it...I like it overall."

lonely one May 22, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "After taking for a week I felt awesome! My mood improved tremendously!! Then at about two weeks my muscles in my hands stiffened up and they were very restless. It was a horrible feeling so I stopped taking it"

Shana1981 May 20, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Hated it"

dnc1987 (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Just started 80mg at night with a meal. Was taking Seroquel 400mg at night, gabapentin 4000mg a day and depekote xr. Found a great shrink and was re diagnosed bi-polar I. In the past it was bi polar II. I never gained weight since I am Type 1 diabetic. Along with 0.5mg klonopin twice a day as needed for panic disorder. Life seems brighter when I wake up. I am on no opoid meds. It seems this new drug doesn't spike glucose levels like most bi polar meds eg. Seroquel. "

fridogg May 13, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I started latuda about 2 weeks ago and am taking the 80 mg So far I have not noticed much change at all. I feel a bit more happy during the day but not much. However, debating on if I should stop taking it due to the horrific side effects I am having. It makes me feel over tired. You know that feeling you get when your to drunk? You wanna go to sleep but your to dizzy and feel like throwing up? It feels like that. Also I become very weak and can hardly pick up anything. I'm hoping these side effects will pass so I can start to understand if it is working for me or not."

Codigorman May 10, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I took Latuda 20mg po qd for 3wk out of 4wk I got Rx for. During the 1st wk , I felt better. In the 3rd wk, I increasingly felt weak, "drugged" and unable to function. My BP remained normal. At no time, did Latuda helped with my chief symptom -sleeplessness."

otr May 7, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I take several meds for my mood disorder. It is difficult to truly evaluate the medication fully, but also I just started it one week ago. I am taking Latuda 40mg and I plan to ask the doctor to adjust it to 80mg. Some people experience restlessness which can be controlled with a sedative or congentin. I am still tapering off of Zyprexa and I am noticing some moodiness, but I also take Adderall which helps me concentrate and stay focus around people which is my biggest fear. I hope it works out for me as it does for others to."

JaniceUber May 2, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I started Latuda (20 mg) about 2 weeks ago and felt improvement almost immediately, like within 24 hours. I was extremely skeptical thinking it was just an anomaly but I have felt good every day since starting it. I am bipolar 1 and was in EXTREME depression and anxiety before starting it. I do not take it with food and have had no nausea. (As a matter of fact I had had more nausea before starting Latuda than after! ) I have been on about 8 other meds and none have worked like this. Just 3 weeks ago I could not even sit at the table for a family dinner. I was so depressed and anxious I would leave almost immediately. Now I feel happy ( yes happy!) and sociable. At first it made me sleepy but that one side effect has left."

Girlgeo April 28, 2015

For Schizophrenia "Just started it today. Doctor wants to stop the Haldol and taper off the Zyprexa. I also take something for ADD which helps the intrusive thoughts which then allows me to finally concentrate. No nausea as others have stated and just a mild sleepiness. See doctor in 2 weeks."

JUIN56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I switched from Seroquel to latuda 5 days ago, INSTANT IMPROVEMENT! My sweet cravings are gone, I can exercise again, I don't feel like a slug at work. I Have only one complaint. The nausea is pretty bad, I've almost thrown up a couple of times, but right now, the pros outweigh the cons, hopefully the nausea will subside after a while. Ill update in a month"

LydiatheTAT2edLady (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "After trying to commit suicide my psychiatrist put me on latuda it has literally saved my life. I'm on 120 mg at night as well as seroquel trazodone pristiq and tegretol. I'm living life again !"

Mannygene1 April 19, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I have suffered for 8 years been hospitalized and tried many different meds with side effects varying and different levels of therapeutic results for my schizophrenia/bipolar disorders. A few months ago I had a severe schizophrenic episode was hospitalized and went from a high dose of Seroquel to a high dose of Abilify. Once home, I experienced severe muscle spasms, insane restlessness, and weight gain. I knew I could not tolerate the medication but I wasn't stable enough or even completely to a good baseline despite the high dose. My doc introduced me to Latuda and it was a miracle pill almost immediately. My weight continued to creep up on it but that is my only complaint. I take 20 mg with no nausea or side effects."

Annie T April 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I first started latuda at 40mg and it had zero effect. My dose was increased to 80mg and within two days, every single last bit of noise in my head disappeared completely. My focus is excellent now and my life has literally changed because of this drug. My energy is put into things that are important like a clean house and a clean body and I am so happy all the time now. I can't believe how excellent this drug is and I am so happy I was given the right dose to help me live a better life. I'm actually ready to face the world again and get off of disability and go back to work! I CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW MUCH THIS DRUG HAS CHANGED MY LIFE POSITIVELY. Complete 180 degree turnaround!"

Biskits April 9, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Switched to Latuda after suffering a full manic episode. Works so much better than Depakote. No real side effects. Works very well at helping to control my mood-swings and manic energy. Everyone including myself cant believe how well it works for me."

five1three (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I've always felt like I live a totally parallel life to everyone around me - Never feeling like I am living a normal life. I was always way up or way down, never a happy medium. Honestly, it was difficult to keep up the charade of tirelessly trying to hide what everyone but me already knew & accepted - I was bipolar. I have tried a flurry of medications in conjunction with my current medication, Adderall - as I have always been classic ADHD. The last medication I tried scared me from even trying any new medications as I suffered from some serious SE of Stevens-Johnson Synd. Reluctantly, I tried Latuda & suddenly, my world was righted & I feel normal. I've never felt better in my entire life (aside from the headaches) I'm reborn baby !"

Tj 45 y/o Male (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015