User Reviews for Latuda

7.6
Summary of Latuda reviews 124 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Latuda

Review by jhudora (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Amazing medicine! My doctor finally took me of Seroquel and put me on an upped dose of Latuda making my dosage 160 mg instead of 80 mg. I feel great and never better. I've lost 20 lbs in a month! Now I'm stuck at this weight but I did lose most of the weight I gained before. It definitely makes me sleepy but I've heard this goes away soon as your body adjusts. As for the nausea I've found eating small amount before and larger portion after taking the medicine and following it with a ginger pill and milk helps to stop it.

June 30, 2014 11:07 PM

Review by goodpill33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Schizophrenia: I suffer from schizoaffective disorder with bipolar tendencies. Latuda can cause severe breast pain on high doses. Definitely helps stop voices and completely resolves depression.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2014 9:13 AM

Review by ariesmomof5 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Although I am totally stable on this medication, feel great in fact, I have gained weight (40 pounds to be exact). I take 40 Mg, for about two months now. I'd give it a 10 but for the weight gain (never been overweight in my life!) which is driving me crazy, especially since my appetite is way down. My dr is adding Wellbutrin to it. I am bipolar II. Been on almost everything else, bad side effects, especially on Abilify. Good luck. I had hoped to lose weight, but it looks like I'm predisposed to weight gain.

June 13, 2014 2:03 PM

Review by Sam Qana:

For Bipolar Disorder: I've had a horrible experience on this medicine. It makes me really irritable, even more depressed and anxious.

June 9, 2014 4:21 PM

Review by keytay:

For Schizophrenia: Latuda was good at demolishing my hallucinations. I took Latuda for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. However it didn't help my mood- it made it worse. Brought me either mad or deeply and dangerously depressed. It also made me have a large allergic reaction in my mouth, sores and bleeding.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 12:38 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been taking Latuda for about 2 months now. I enjoy life again, everyday I wake up feeling better than before. The intensity of feelings is amazing, I feel alive for the first time. No bad side effects as of now

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 11:16 PM

Review by took risperone for a year:

For Bipolar Disorder: I rook risperidone for approximately 1 year for bipolar and although I liked the way it made me feel it increased my hunger and I felt more out of control with my eating. I switched to Latuda and noticed my hunger level went from a 8 to about a 2. I felt more in control of my food intake. Although I still felt hungry it wasn't a strong uncontrollable feeling of the need to eat. I recommend this to someone who likes risperidone but has less need for increased appetite. I am glad they approved this medicine for bipolar disorder.

May 10, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by Bipo 2:

For Bipolar Disorder: Am currently on a low dose of Latuda (20 mg), experiencing very bad nausea and irregular bowel. Hopefully I will adapt soon.

May 9, 2014 4:08 PM

Review by sobeitsobeit:

For Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed five years ago as being bipolar and long term Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I have taken many medicines. I felt so much better when adding Latuda that I went from 80 mg to 120 mg. I totally crashed. I was extremely depressed. I went off the medicine for six weeks. I started again taking 80 mg. I have been stable for five weeks. I also take lithium, Xanax, and Klonopin. I stay on a strict schedule of exercise. I am taking it day by day. This is one of my most expensive medicines.

May 7, 2014 3:34 PM

Review by NEW TO THIS DRUG (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I took Latuda yesterday for the first time. I took it around 5 pm. I couldn't sleep well during the night but that was probably just getting used to the medicine. Went for a walk for exercise felt great. Felt pleasure again. Felt joy and happiness and love.

May 7, 2014 3:08 PM

Review by Latuda has helped me focus (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I'm a female in my 60's. I have been on various anti-depressant medications for about ten years. Nothing has helped much. I finally gave up on them all. My diagnoses: Depression & post traumatic stress disorder. For the last 2 weeks I've been on 20mg of Latuda. What a positive experience! It definitely helps me focus better. And helps decrease my depression. The only complaint is that I'm hungry more. My dr said I could increase to 40mg Latuda and/or add Wellbutrin. Right now I'm okay with just 20mg Latuda. Don't want to change anything right now. Yes, I recommend it. I don't know whether my Medicare will cover Latuda. My dr gave me samples.

May 6, 2014 11:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Increased muscle & joint pain, panic/anxiety attacks, confusion, exhaustion.

May 5, 2014 4:06 PM

Review by owlery (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was on Latuda (started at 40mg and ended at 80mg) for about a month and a half before deciding to switch. The best thing about the Latuda was the significant decrease in my appetite, but that could have been an effect of removing Seroquel from my regimen. When I first started I had a very hard time sleeping due to restlessness but that went away with time. The main issues I had with Latuda were a feeling of "numbness" to the world around me (no desire to do anything or say anything), a definite decrease in my sex drive, and the cost. Neither of my insurance plans will cover it, so unfortunately, it's no longer an option. If you do decide to try it, take it with plenty of food, otherwise you may get nausea.

April 23, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by KTGreat:

For Bipolar Disorder: Latuda so far has been the best medicine I've taken. Geodon made me really shaky but not with Latuda. I have not gained any weight, more focused, more energy. I am able to complete my tasks throughout the day. Overall I feel happy and don't find the need to want to lie around all day and watch T.V. I am very pleased with Latuda.

April 22, 2014 6:54 AM

Review by Jegattack:

For Bipolar Disorder: I've had mostly positives with it. I do have some difficulty moving quickly at the gym because it causes dizziness, but this is a small inconvenience. It does raise my sugar, but weight loss counteracts this. It is really expensive, so I'm glad my insurance pays for it.

April 13, 2014 8:31 AM

Review by BPII Girl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have high hopes for Latuda! Over the past 15 years I have been treated for depression/anxiety disorder/panic attacks, and things would sometimes get a little better, but eventually get worse again. I went through a particularly awful time about a month ago, so my doctor gave me a sample of Latuda. Like many here, I felt extreme exhaustion right away, which would put me straight to sleep. However, it abated a bit after the first few days, and by a week it is not bad I have gained some weight, but I think it's because I've been eating/taking Latuda later at night. (Nothing like what I gained on Abilify) I am also waking up earlier in the morning (7 a.m. instead of my 7:30 alarm) in a good mood!

April 12, 2014 11:04 PM

Review by sheilajr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I don't review medicines often, but thought this might be valuable. Love this medicine, been on everything, like most of us. I take it as monotherapy for bipolar II. No bad side effects. When first started, I had a headache for a few days. That went away completely and now it helps prevent them. I also tire a little more upon exertion, but not too much. I feel slightly shaky, but even that has improved. In the beginning I had slightly restless sleep, but now have great sleep, with pleasant dreams. I feel normal, calm, happy and stable. I have NEVER felt this way. Definitely not manic at all. I have not gained or lost weight. I have no nausea and my cognition is good. I hope this helps. Give this medicine a try.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2014 4:41 PM

Review by unhappyuser (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: Never been so sick, flu like symptoms and no help with depression. I experienced anxiety and panic attacks while taking it. 3 weeks was all I could take. Back to the doctor for a medicine change. Thank God I had some Xanax to help along the way. Hope others have better luck with it than I did.

March 23, 2014 1:13 PM

Review by Tracy Woods (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizophrenia: I have been taking Latuda for about two years now and I must say that it really works good for stopping the voices in my head. I also do not get depressed anymore like I was without the Latuda and my Bipolar disorder is a lot less hectic. I recommend this medication to anyone who might be suffering with Bipolar, Depression, and Scizophrenia. Latuda really works.

February 22, 2014 7:04 AM

Review by Wanttobenormal (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: After taking for three days had a severe anxiety attack while driving a car. Ended up an emotional wreck the rest of the night. I've never had anything like that happen.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2014 10:11 AM

Review by Kaleo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I'm on 200mg Lamictal and 150mg Wellbutrin for bipolar II with mania controlled and depression affecting my daily life. Added 20mg of Latuda 3 weeks ago and I've seen massive improvement. I went from sitting at home on the couch all the time to going out and applying for jobs and completing many projects around the house. It does come with drowsiness, works better than my prescribed sleep medication, and some nausea but food solves that. I don't know if my dosage will be increased but I feel great now with all my other medications plus the Latuda. Overall the pros make the cons nonexistent in my eyes.

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by Ms.SmithW:

For Bipolar Disorder: This is the first medicine since I've been diagnosed with Bipolar 1 that makes me feel normal. I started on 20mg for a week then went up to 40mg for 5 wks now. Unfortunately my insurance won't cover it so now my Psych is giving me Abilify samples. I'm not happy about this because in past yr Latuda has worked the best without any side effects. Latuda made it possible to actually function as a mother and full time worker. I'm afraid to go on Abilify I don't want to feel crazy again especially after finally feeling normal for once.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2014 8:35 AM

Review by that crazy bitch (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have been on all sorts of meds. Wellbutrin was beautiful but my throat swelled up and I broke out in hives. They have tried lithium (scary rashes that took 4 months to clear) some other ones that made me worse or rashes. Latuda is the first that has been close to the awesomeness of Wellbutrin. I have more energy, eat less, fog like state of not fully "being there" is gone. I feel like a different person. The first week was nauseating but that went away and lasted a half hour at a time. When I bumped up to 40mg the nausea came back. My kidneys seem to be hurting but I am going with a wait and see if that goes away as well. I do not want to be taken off. Meds are hard to find that work.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2013 1:47 PM

Review by Bipolar girl _ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have tried many medications over the years, mostly antidepressants but a few others like lamotrigine & Seroquel. I must say that nothing has been more effective than Latuda. I was on Wellbutrin for a couple years, was ok. This does make me drowsy so I take it at night. I do have to take with food or will make me really nauseous. Truly a miracle drug as I was not doing well.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2013 12:03 AM

Review by guestreviewer:

For Bipolar Disorder: For over a year I experimented with many different medicines for my Bipolar Depression without success until I started Latuda 3 months ago. I started at 20mgs, and am now at 80mgs and will be staying at this dosage. My depression has lifted, it has helped tremendously with my cognition (my brain 'fog), and I am an active participant in my own life now. As long as I take it at night with a meal or snack, I don't experience any side effects. If you take on an empty stomach, it makes you nauseous. The maker of Latuda has a patient assistance program as well. Overall, it has been a miracle for me!

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2013 2:10 PM