User Reviews for Latuda

Learn more about Latuda.

Latuda Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Latuda to treat Schizophrenia

"I take several meds for my mood disorder. It is difficult to truly evaluate the medication fully, but also I just started it one week ago. I am taking Latuda 40mg and I plan to ask the doctor to adjust it to 80mg. Some people experience restlessness which can be controlled with a sedative or congentin. I am still tapering off of Zyprexa and I am noticing some moodiness, but I also take Adderall which helps me concentrate and stay focus around people which is my biggest fear. I hope it works out for me as it does for others to."

JaniceUber May 2, 2015

"Just started it today. Doctor wants to stop the Haldol and taper off the Zyprexa. I also take something for ADD which helps the intrusive thoughts which then allows me to finally concentrate. No nausea as others have stated and just a mild sleepiness. See doctor in 2 weeks."

JUIN56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2015

"I have suffered for 8 years been hospitalized and tried many different meds with side effects varying and different levels of therapeutic results for my schizophrenia/bipolar disorders. A few months ago I had a severe schizophrenic episode was hospitalized and went from a high dose of Seroquel to a high dose of Abilify. Once home, I experienced severe muscle spasms, insane restlessness, and weight gain. I knew I could not tolerate the medication but I wasn't stable enough or even completely to a good baseline despite the high dose. My doc introduced me to Latuda and it was a miracle pill almost immediately. My weight continued to creep up on it but that is my only complaint. I take 20 mg with no nausea or side effects."

Annie T April 18, 2015

"My daughter is on this med she is 23. Her dr. Told her to take at dinner time 300 calories or more she eats about 6 or 7 because it makes her a little tried. But she still love doing things outdoors. I thank god for this med. It works for her."

C1ERRA March 15, 2015

"Since starting latuda at 20mg a day and now up to 120mg a day. My life has more balance and no depression. My only concern is my psychosis is still the same but my hallucinations have dropped off."

wintergaze March 8, 2015

"I am on day #10 of this medication and the side effects are very minimal although I am having trouble sleeping. My sleep patterns have been affected. I feel more energetic, as If I have to be doing something. My mind will not stop repeating the same thoughts, over and over again. I am also very hungry and have an increased appetite. It does however, cause me to think about things differently as I know what my general reaction to things would be, or have been in the past, but, it allows me time to think of an alternative besides being explosive. It has calmed me, and more than once, has helped me to cope with a situation differently and more calmly. Overall, I think I'm doing well so far. I plan to continue this medication for some time."

MrEndure (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

"My wife started getting non-stop dark and intrusive thoughts. Diagnosis was psychotic depression or atypical bipolar depression with psychotic features. She took Latuda for three weeks, and it simply didn't work at all. The only thing good I can say is that she didn't suffer any side effects. She went from 20mg to 60mg."

Beakybird (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2014

"Latuda is the best mood stabilizer there is. At least for me. It certainly does not act like a stimulant towards depression and nor does it act like an SSRI. The medication is awesome because it feels more like a mood stabilizer than saying it's an anti psychotic even though it is, Latuda helps everything. And the side effects are minimal. I would recommend this medicine to who has depression, paranoia and bipolar disorder. "

Corksters November 30, 2014

"I suffer from schizoaffective disorder with bipolar tendencies. Latuda can cause severe breast pain on high doses. Definitely helps stop voices and completely resolves depression."

goodpill33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2014

"Latuda was good at demolishing my hallucinations. I took Latuda for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. However it didn't help my mood- it made it worse. Brought me either mad or deeply and dangerously depressed. It also made me have a large allergic reaction in my mouth, sores and bleeding."

keytay June 2, 2014

"I have been taking Latuda for about two years now and I must say that it really works good for stopping the voices in my head. I also do not get depressed anymore like I was without the Latuda and my Bipolar disorder is a lot less hectic. I recommend this medication to anyone who might be suffering with Bipolar, Depression, and Scizophrenia. Latuda really works."

Tracy Woods (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on it for about 12 days..I'm also on Luvox..so far I don't see much benefit out of it. It's made me extremely tired and hungry..2 things I hate to be..I'm really hoping with some more time it improves because my anxiety is horrible and a few years ago I was into heroin and Xanax so I don't want to fall down that road again. The Luvox definitely helped but not enough..I'm also only on the 20mg of Latuda right now. How long do you think it takes to get the full effect?"

corizzle November 4, 2013

"Latuda is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The only thing I can complain about is the price and the zero appetite it gives me. It does cause severe drowsiness about 2 hours after taking it from me, but when I wake up I am refreshed and full of energy. Which is something I have never experienced. Being schizophrenic since I was 7, how I feel today is a God send. Thanks to Latuda I am finally starting to form a life."

Trish_bartholomay (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2013

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Latuda has been very helpful to me. I have not gained any weight. The symptoms have lessened to the point where I am much more functional and can follow my daily routine. So far so good."

howdyhow (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2013

"In my opinion only, this medication has marginal efficiency in treating the positive and some negative symptoms of my psychosis. This medication help me think better and organize my thoughts more clearly, along with significantly reducing most of my delusions. However, from my personal experience I do not feel that this medication is very effective in treating depression, or depression related issues such as crying and getting angry easily. Otherwise, this medication also has some positive effects in treating bipolar symptoms."

Rstrong (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2013

"Excellent medicine in my experience. I've been taking it about 6 months. I'm now working and going to school full time. Anxiety has improved significantly, almost to pre-illness levels. I feel great cognitively (creative, zero psychotic symptoms, memory seems pretty sharp). Although I've never really gained weight on Risperidone for 2 years was relatively weight neutral. I've actually lost 5-10 lbs. since taking Latuda, pretty much without trying. The one minor annoyance would have to be that it requires 350 calories for full absorption and it puts me to sleep about an hour after taking it. I end up eating a small meal/snack before bed every night (yogurt, nuts, etc.)."

40windmills (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2013

"I've tried many antipsychotics in the past like Risperdal, Geodon, Abilify, Saphris and Seroquel. My favorite has to be Seroquel. Latuda compared to all atypical antipyschotics is better tolerated than most second generation atypicals and it doesn't have the drawback of extreme akethisia like Geodon. Also glucose and lipids levels changes where compared to that of placebo so I'm happy to say this purchase was worth it."

marcos e vazquez 420 (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2012

"My daughter takes 40mg of the Latuda. You should always take it with your dinner no later then five or you will be tried in the morning. This was told to me by her doctor. She has been on this medicine for about 7 months. She sleeps well at night."

Anonymous August 28, 2011

"This is the end of the second month on Latuda and I like it because there aren't any side effects. I sleep less than I did on the many other medicines I have tried. I'm finally losing weight (with the other medicines I'd gained 40 lbs). Overall I have more energy with this medicine and it seems to be very effective. I take a 40mg dosage."

Anonymous August 4, 2011

"This medication did not work well for me. I keep hearing voices while I go to sleep. It seems like the medication only works for 3 or 4 hours. Then, it stops working. I am also having a problem with center of balance with this medication. I keep having mini-vertigos. I saw the other ratings and I was tempted but this medication just did not workout for me."

Anonymous July 27, 2011

"2 weeks ago I had a severe psychotic break despite both Abilify and Geodon. To avoid hospitalization, my doctor and I usually add Zyprexa, but I wanted to avoid the rapid weight gain, though it is otherwise a miracle drug. This time we tried Latuda. Within about 5 days my thoughts were much clearer, my energy higher, mood brighter. Overall Latuda seemed the medication I had been looking for: Zyprexa without side effects: no weight gain and no extreme sedation (in fact the opposite): I sleep fine at night. I do at times take a little Ativan, at night but not always. And I wake in the morning eager to rise and meet whatever the day brings. In short, I haven't felt better and more hopeful than this is a very long while."

RobinWren May 13, 2011

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking this medication for almost a month. I had a good experience at 40mg and opted to try the higher dosage of 80mg. It has been nothing short of amazing. I have been on every AAP except for Clozapine with mediocre to average results.. even in combinations. I do take the 80mg of Latuda with 300mg of Seroquel XR, but the Latuda has made a huge difference cognitively."

Deep Sea Philosopher March 18, 2011

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking Latuda a little over a week. So far my experience with this medicine has been a positive one. I started out on 40mg but a few days later I was switched to 80mg. So far the only side effects I've had are an extremely dry mouth and loss of appetite. I am also taking Lithium and Artane. Will post more after I've been on Latuda a little while longer."

flirtingwith40 March 1, 2011

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Schizophrenia