User Reviews for Latuda

Learn more about Latuda.

Latuda review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Latuda to treat Schizophrenia

Review by Tracy Woods (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I have been taking Latuda for about two years now and I must say that it really works good for stopping the voices in my head. I also do not get depressed anymore like I was without the Latuda and my Bipolar disorder is a lot less hectic. I recommend this medication to anyone who might be suffering with Bipolar, Depression, and Scizophrenia. Latuda really works.

February 22, 2014 7:04 AM
Review by corizzle: User Rating:

I've been on it for about 12 days..I'm also on Luvox..so far I don't see much benefit out of it. It's made me extremely tired and hungry..2 things I hate to be..I'm really hoping with some more time it improves because my anxiety is horrible and a few years ago I was into heroin and Xanax so I don't want to fall down that road again. The Luvox definitely helped but not enough..I'm also only on the 20mg of Latuda right now. How long do you think it takes to get the full effect?

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 4, 2013 8:23 PM
Review by Trish_bartholomay (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Latuda is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The only thing I can complain about is the price and the zero appetite it gives me. It does cause severe drowsiness about 2 hours after taking it from me, but when I wake up I am refreshed and full of energy. Which is something I have never experienced. Being schizophrenic since I was 7, how I feel today is a God send. Thanks to Latuda I am finally starting to form a life.

August 15, 2013 8:31 PM
Review by howdyhow (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Latuda has been very helpful to me. I have not gained any weight. The symptoms have lessened to the point where I am much more functional and can follow my daily routine. So far so good.

July 19, 2013 7:39 PM
Review by Rstrong (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

In my opinion only, this medication has marginal efficiency in treating the positive and some negative symptoms of my psychosis. This medication help me think better and organize my thoughts more clearly, along with significantly reducing most of my delusions. However, from my personal experience I do not feel that this medication is very effective in treating depression, or depression related issues such as crying and getting angry easily. Otherwise, this medication also has some positive effects in treating bipolar symptoms.

June 22, 2013 6:59 PM
Review by 40windmills (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Excellent medicine in my experience. I've been taking it about 6 months. I'm now working and going to school full time. Anxiety has improved significantly, almost to pre-illness levels. I feel great cognitively (creative, zero psychotic symptoms, memory seems pretty sharp). Although I've never really gained weight on Risperidone for 2 years was relatively weight neutral. I've actually lost 5-10 lbs. since taking Latuda, pretty much without trying. The one minor annoyance would have to be that it requires 350 calories for full absorption and it puts me to sleep about an hour after taking it. I end up eating a small meal/snack before bed every night (yogurt, nuts, etc.).

January 12, 2013 2:19 AM
Review by marcos e vazquez 420 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I've tried many antipsychotics in the past like Risperdal, Geodon, Abilify, Saphris and Seroquel. My favorite has to be Seroquel. Latuda compared to all atypical antipyschotics is better tolerated than most second generation atypicals and it doesn't have the drawback of extreme akethisia like Geodon. Also glucose and lipids levels changes where compared to that of placebo so I'm happy to say this purchase was worth it.

July 16, 2012 10:12 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

My daughter takes 40mg of the Latuda. You should always take it with your dinner no later then five or you will be tried in the morning. This was told to me by her doctor. She has been on this medicine for about 7 months. She sleeps well at night.

August 28, 2011 9:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This is the end of the second month on Latuda and I like it because there aren't any side effects. I sleep less than I did on the many other medicines I have tried. I'm finally losing weight (with the other medicines I'd gained 40 lbs). Overall I have more energy with this medicine and it seems to be very effective. I take a 40mg dosage.

August 4, 2011 6:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This medication did not work well for me. I keep hearing voices while I go to sleep. It seems like the medication only works for 3 or 4 hours. Then, it stops working. I am also having a problem with center of balance with this medication. I keep having mini-vertigos. I saw the other ratings and I was tempted but this medication just did not workout for me.

July 27, 2011 2:24 PM
Review by RobinWren: User Rating:

2 weeks ago I had a severe psychotic break despite both Abilify and Geodon. To avoid hospitalization, my doctor and I usually add Zyprexa, but I wanted to avoid the rapid weight gain, though it is otherwise a miracle drug. This time we tried Latuda. Within about 5 days my thoughts were much clearer, my energy higher, mood brighter. Overall Latuda seemed the medication I had been looking for: Zyprexa without side effects: no weight gain and no extreme sedation (in fact the opposite): I sleep fine at night. I do at times take a little Ativan, at night but not always. And I wake in the morning eager to rise and meet whatever the day brings. In short, I haven't felt better and more hopeful than this is a very long while.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 13, 2011 10:20 AM
Review by Deep Sea Philosopher: User Rating:

I have been taking this medication for almost a month. I had a good experience at 40mg and opted to try the higher dosage of 80mg. It has been nothing short of amazing. I have been on every AAP except for Clozapine with mediocre to average results.. even in combinations. I do take the 80mg of Latuda with 300mg of Seroquel XR, but the Latuda has made a huge difference cognitively.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2011 2:23 PM
Review by flirtingwith40:

I have been taking Latuda a little over a week. So far my experience with this medicine has been a positive one. I started out on 40mg but a few days later I was switched to 80mg. So far the only side effects I've had are an extremely dry mouth and loss of appetite. I am also taking Lithium and Artane. Will post more after I've been on Latuda a little while longer.

March 1, 2011 6:52 PM