User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 7 reviews 32 medications

Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 214 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lisinopril

Review by Sunshine_66: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: It does lower the blood pressure, sometimes too much. But beware of the side effects - after being on the medication for almost two years I developed fast heart beat, chest pains, shortness of breath, depression, dizziness not upon standing up but simply while working at my desk, stomach pains, bad heartburn. The dry cough was pretty annoying, too. Been off of it for 5 days and most of the side effects are gone.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 9, 2013 11:31 AM
Review by katherineD: User Rating:

lisinopril for Migraine Prevention: I have high blood pressure. So doctor prescribed me Lisinopril -hydrochlorothiazide, after three months, I suddenly realize that where is my migraine? I am so happy. I check with my doctor, she didn't link the connect either.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 7, 2013 3:50 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: It does lower my blood pressure. I went from 170/110 to 140-119 over 90 to 80 . My blood pressure doesn't stay anywhere near the numbers. That is why I posted it that way. But, yes I get dizzy, when standing, or walking fast, I also get a slight cough or a tickle in my throat. The dizzy seems to be worse in the hot weather.

July 1, 2013 12:52 AM
Review by Carol70: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Doc put me on 10mg. I developed what seemed like sciatic nerve pain. Every morning when getting out of bed for the day I had pain in my left buttocks, thigh, down my calf & tingling into my foot. After being up for an hour or so, the pain subsided & I could pretty much do what I wanted. I also noticed I was easily fatigued & felt somewhat depressed. Doc increased the dose to 20mg daily after 6 months. Then the sciatic pain in the morning increased to nearly unbearable. I had no energy. I was ready to see an Orthopedic Dr when I checked on line for severe side effects of Lisinopril. I was stunned - joint, nerve & sciatic pain. Hair loss, weight gain, depression, cough, fatigue & etc. I stopped the med. & now feeling great.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 28, 2013 11:25 PM
Review by Romocadd (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Lisinopril 10mg and jumping rope twice a day for 10 mins, controlled my high blood pressure bringing the numbers from 140/90 to 118/60. Not side effects at all. I'm guessing I'm so lucky not feeling the side effects as many people do.

June 4, 2013 6:32 PM
Review by paulkat: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I started taking Lisinpril about 2 weeks ago. It is slowly lowering my blood pressure. But I seem to be more tired all the time. I usually take the medicine in the morning and I am moving it to night time to see if that helps. It has made me slightly dizzy upon standing.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 28, 2013 1:14 PM
Review by PattyP11 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: This is a rare medication that does exactly what it's supposed to do (lower BP) with absolutely no side effects.

May 25, 2013 5:23 PM
Review by dt901: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I've tried Lisinopril on three different occasions, and each time I experienced chest tightness within the first 3 days. My Dr. keeps telling me that's impossible---tell that to my chest.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 21, 2013 2:12 AM
Review by Mom77$: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Took lisinopril for two days. Woke up after first day of taking it and my right eye was swollen. After second day of taking it woke again to swollen eye . Also developed tingly sensation in my forearms, hands and feet. Experienced numbness in my fingers and pain in my wrists. Felt as if I drank a bunch of caffeine -- heart was racing and felt very nervous. Called my doctor who said he didn't think it was the lisinopril but I told him it was the only new thing happening. I've just stopped . Pharmacist said it will take 48 hours for the two pills to be out of my system.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2013 11:20 PM
Review by Sawasaw5565: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: On lisinopril 10mg & bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg. This dropped my blood pressure from 165/110 to 140/90. I had been avoiding increasing the lisinopril to 20mg. In addition to family history of hypertension, I was 115kg (I'm 6' age 47). Gradually over past 7 months got weight down to 80kg. Diet, regular cardio (cross trainer) and anaerobic (weights). Stopped the diuretic. BP 130/80. Initially side effects were persistent, dry coughing but that stopped when I quit smoking. Occasionally a little light-headed a few hours or so after taking. No other problems with lisinopril. The diuretic was a pain, getting up 2-4 times at night for a pee. Can't recommend enough the combination of weight loss & exercise

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 9, 2013 4:06 PM
Review by male 41: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I've been taking lisinopril for about a month. It makes me feel calm and a bit tired but I started taking it before bed and doesn't bother me. It has been making me feel calm and centered akin to Prozac but I assume it's because it thins your blood.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2013 4:25 AM
Review by girlinthewoods: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Have taken lisinopril for at least 10 years and had no side effects that I can tell. I'm very sensitive to medications but this has effectively controlled my blood pressure with no down sides that I can think of.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 3, 2013 7:41 PM
Review by Loja: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Took Lisinopril for 18 months, it was very good at lowering blood pressure, however after 16 months of taking it I had very bad "allergic" reaction. After various tests docs think it's Lisinopril. I still get severe swelling of eyes which are also red and very itchy. Have been off medicine for almost 3 months but have been told it may take up to 6 months to leave my system so may get these horrible symptoms until it does.

February 28, 2013 4:34 AM
Review by Daid (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: It worked good for 4 years, 20mg Lisinopril, then the doctor added 50mg Metoprolol twice a day. I've had the wheezing and slight cough and it raised my blood sugar a few points, but the worst side effect of all is the runny nose. As a single guy in his 50's it's quite a challenge to go out to met women with your nose in a constant drip. But it works, has less side effects than others.

February 22, 2013 8:51 PM
Review by Larry Z (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Effective at reducing blood pressure. Frequent light coughing as side effect.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 6, 2013 9:23 AM
Review by Dallas2664: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I have been on and off of this for several months. I wasn't good about taking it. Now, I started again and immediately I started feeling edgy and nervous. Almost feels like it is raising my blood pressure instead of lowering it.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 31, 2013 12:53 PM
Review by Female, 55 yrs. old (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Dr. prescribed 20mg to reduce blood pressure; works wonderful for that purpose. Side effects include dry cough & fatigue, but not to the point where it interferes with my life. I think it's a great medicine noticed immediate results.

January 26, 2013 6:31 AM
Review by Kameryn (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I am a 36 year old female new to the world of high blood pressure. I am a runner, healthy eater, and maintain a good weight- but my father has high blood pressure. After an ER visit with high blood pressure and an episode of tachycardia- I was told to see a cardiologist. My BP remained at 145/100 for about a month so he put me on lisinopril 10mg. Being paranoid about the side effects- I have only taken 5mg per day for the last week. My BP is pretty stable at about 117/85. Side effects/ minimal coughing. Fatigue and dizziness.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 26, 2012 11:56 PM
Review by kimbap (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Very painful muscle and joint problems from this medication. Searing pain in elbows, wrists, knees, etc. Never had this before taking this medication. My husband is also on this pill and is experiencing some of the same problems.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 16, 2012 2:51 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I was on this med for 2 months and it did a very good job lowering my blood pressure from an average of 156/102 down to 115/65 however the side effect of being lightheaded was annoying. I started on 20mg and reduced to 10mg. Changed my diet to vegan, no oil and was off this in 2 months. Also run/walk a few miles everyday. I'm 48 years old and don't want to take blood pressure medicines. I'm staying on a strict diet and exercise.

December 16, 2012 3:09 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: I had extreme reactions to this medication. Dizziness, shaking, nausea, polyuria, headaches, severe sweating, lethargy. It didn't work for me.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 3, 2012 10:21 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Persistent dry cough developed after taking for 3 years. Pulmonary Function Test shows I am "normal" but the persistent cough and wheezing still exists. Do not believe I have asthma, feel that it is this medicine. Discontinued 1 week ago.

November 20, 2012 12:43 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: After six months of taking lisinopril (5mg), I have gained weight, had hair loss and have had constant fatigue. It has brought my blood pressure down to 120/70, but I'm tired of all the side effects! Not to mention the constant dry cough and soreness in my mouth.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2012 1:44 PM
Review by Internet Space Cadet: User Rating:

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking it for 12 years. It was the second ever BP medicine I was ever put on since my diagnosis in 2000. I really have been lucky with this. No cough for me, and when you read the long term side effects, they aren't anywhere near as scary as most everything else you can take. And the interactions are all minimal and favorable for me. My High BP is a mystery as it does not run on either side of my family. Still taking it but had to up the dosage to 40 mg/day due to extreme unavoidable stress in my life.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 24, 2012 11:20 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Weight gain

October 12, 2012 3:14 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

Learn about treatments for high cholesterol? Watch video.