User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 13 reviews 32 medications

4.5
Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 259 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking Lisinopril for a month now and I feel just fine. No noticeable difference as far as symptoms and my blood pressure has been reduced to an acceptable level. "

Mr. Feeljustfine January 23, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Worked effectively lo lower bp, but within a short time after starting the lisinopril, I developed the "lisinopril cough," an irritating syndrome that results in hacking cough day, night, and in my sleep. Discontinued this medication due to that (highly known) side effect."

captkrash January 20, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking it for a few months now. My blood pressure has gone from 140/91 ish to around normal. I would give it a ten but it's brought back my night terrors."

Gingerhair1105 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "27 year old, male. Been taking 5mg for just over a week now my blood pressure has gone from 180/110 to 125/85 and I'm feeling so much better. Very happy with this, so far no side effects I'm aware of."

SDXYL (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril is an effective blood pressure medicine, however one of its significant side effects is Rosacea. I needed to stop taking and switch to beta blocker atenolol to control my blood pressure."

AA1 December 30, 2014

For Migraine Prevention: "My doctor prescribed lisinopril for my blood pressure. She is an osteopath and very much into prevention. I'm not even sure my blood pressure is high. I've gone a few weeks without it and when I do my re check at the doc is 120/70. That happened a few times. But my point is, it really helped with my hormonal headaches. Now I'm period free and totally migraine free for 5 years. So hopefully you hormone migraine sufferers will have the same luck. It does give me that little annoying dry cough, but I'd say it's worth it."

It's me B December 15, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I've seen strong blood pressure and migraine reduction results but am awakened nightly a few times with a dry, hacking cough and have lost mostly all of my libido though I've never ever had that in my life and I'm happy and very in love. I'm on 20 mg daily."

J. B. R. (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Dry cough started after usage began. Cough was quite harsh and would cause me to wake at various times each night."

Toms Z06 (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking this medication after giving birth to my baby 7 mos ago. It works wonderful on my blood pressure 201/170 to 116/85, but I feel aweful. I feel dizzy, light headed at times, aches and pains left arm pain and chest pain I thought I was having a heart attack. Now I have numbness and tingling to my extremities. Im only on 10 mg but I need a change I dont feel good with all these side effects."

marisamf October 15, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Cardiologist put me on this 5 yrs ago. I've been getting bone and shoulder arm pain, and not thinking it was the medicine kept thinking I had something else. Finally I got so fed up with the bone pain the doctor changed the medicine a few days ago. Pain has lessened. "

Granmammie (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 52 Hispanic male, started lisinopril 10mg seven days ago, blood pressure was 150/80 before starting medicines, last couple of days it's been 111/73 and 110/72 but last night I blacked out and fell to the ground, my wife say's I shook before falling, I told her before passing out that I didn't feel well. Paramedics think I "bottomed out" and to tell my doctor and he'll probably change it from 10mg. It was scary, thought I saw the "white light", I'm losing weight too, maybe too fast. Anyway I'm hoping he'll let me not take them at all and just let me try with my lifestyle changes."

Eddie B. (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I'm 35 and never experienced migraines before. I started taking 10mg of lisinopril and 200mg of Toprol XL as a result of heart failure. Now once or twice a month I get aura migraines. It seems backwards since both can be used to treat migraines. Not sure if it's connected but I will be asking at my next check up."

leebowski (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2014

For Migraine Prevention: "After a year of appointments & about 12 medication combinations later at the Cleveland Clinic Headache Clinic I have been on 20 mg Lisinopril, 120mg Diltiazem and 100 mg Doxepin daily for over 15 years. Down to 5 migraines per year. (Used to be 100/yr). With such a wonderful outcome we have tried to wean me off the meds 2 times. BAD IDEA. I'll probably be on these for next 30 years. But hopefully migraine free."

Pinche gringo August 24, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Started 10 mg in 2008 increased to 20mg in 2010. Only side effect occasional dry cough. I sleep very well at night. I take my pill every morning. White male age 62."

George F August 24, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking Lisinopril after 10 years of Valsartan....for migraine prevention and high blood pressure. 10 MG once at night before bed. Works well for BP. Side Effects: A slightly higher tendency to cough/tickling in the throat. *Vivid dreams - No doubt about it - much more vivid and memorable dreams. *Migraines - I have been a migraine sufferer for much of my life. I didn't know that Lisinopril was used for migraine prevention until after being on the it for well over a month and commenting to my wife that my migraines had suddenly stopped. That feature alone, aside from blood pressure reduction, would be worth taking this medicine."

Diokan August 13, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "So far the medicine has been working well, without much side effect that I can attest to."

Pamelaws June 19, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on 5 mg of Lisinopril for over 2 years. I never developed the cough or nasal drip that others have had. I did have joint pain which would come and go. Lisinopril is great at controlling my BP. I'm an otherwise-healthy 5'3" 125 pound 47 yo female and my BP diastolic would not stay below 90. Typical BP was 140/98. So, I've taken 5 mg of Lisinopril for 2 years. But, I'm exhausted ALL the time, no appetite, severe abdominal pain, constant nausea and bloating/constipation when I do eat. I'm miserable (has been like this for 6 mo)!! On a whim, I stopped the Lisinopril 3 days ago. I'm not exhausted anymore. My appetite is back. Still have pain and nausea though."

DaniJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2014

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I have had swelling of my right eye, tried to the point at the end of my work shift I want to just sleep, ache like I have the flu and most disturbing I go into major rage at everything. I have only been taking for 1-1/2 weeks I'm stopping before I hurt somebody in my rage."

REALY June 9, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Before taking lisinopril, I was 100 lbs overweight, constantly tired, constantly in pain over body and joints with some arthritis in back and hands. This medication has accentuated weakness, tiredness and pain which was reported to physician two months into treatment. At Dr urging, I have continued to take this medication but will discontinue use when this prescription runs out. I have developed frequent nosebleeds which I have not seen mentioned as a side effect of the medication, but will note whether this improves when off medication."

Nana01 May 28, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I am a 67 year old black male. My blood pressure was slightly elevated 2 years ago. My doctor put me on lisinopril 20mg. I moved to a new location and changed doctors. He was determined that I should be changed to 10 mg of lisinopril. Now I suffer with a lost of sexual desire, headaches, dry cough, and nightmares. "

nc hawkeye (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2014

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Lisinopril and was fine then one day I got them refilled and for the next week I was so tired I could barely get out of bed. I was told they changed the place where the pharmacy got the meds which probably meant was a different formula because the pills look different. I requested name brand Zestril even though they were more expensive. I felt 100% better! No more generic for me!"

my experience (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been taking 10MG Zestril/Lisinopril for forty years plus, I am 69. It worked OK when I was in a very stressful job and works much better now that I am retired. I do have the runny nose issue but live in AZ so not sure if that is allergies. Based on what I have read in peoples comments, I am going to assume it is the meds. I also take what is called a water pill. The fatigue thing mentioned by many also applies to me. Erectile dysfunction is also a significant issue. I am considering getting off the medicines to see if that helps that issue. If anyone out there can provide any info on that matter, it would be appreciated."

Anymous March 30, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on it for 2 years and the quality of my life deteriorated. When I began losing my hair I looked up the side effects of this and I found I must have been one who was very intolerant to it. I had the hacking cough, runny nose, my voice was hoarse, muscle cramps at night, incontinence, lethargy, thin brittle fingernails, and insomnia. I stopped taking it and all those symptoms are gone. I had seen doctors about these symptoms but they dismissed them."

Rain2222 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2014

164 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Made me feel tired, depressed, but did lower my blood pressure. I only took it whilst I worked on getting my blood pressure down with exercise and diet. I have been off of it for a couple of months now and am bursting into life again! Still, it did its job well."

Yessum (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2014

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "All I can say is my doctor prescribed it because a few of his patients with high blood pressure reported their migraines had disappeared when they started lisinopril . I only had slightly elevated blood pressure which is also gone. It has been two years headache free. No side effects. I take 2.5 MG. 1 x day."

Always smiling February 27, 2014