User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 6)

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 13 reviews 32 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 1 reviews 6 medications

4.5
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 306 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "Took lisinopril for two days. Woke up after first day of taking it and my right eye was swollen. After second day of taking it woke again to swollen eye . Also developed tingly sensation in my forearms, hands and feet. Experienced numbness in my fingers and pain in my wrists. Felt as if I drank a bunch of caffeine -- heart was racing and felt very nervous. Called my doctor who said he didn't think it was the lisinopril but I told him it was the only new thing happening. I've just stopped . Pharmacist said it will take 48 hours for the two pills to be out of my system. "

Mom77$ March 11, 2013

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "On lisinopril 10mg & bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg. This dropped my blood pressure from 165/110 to 140/90. I had been avoiding increasing the lisinopril to 20mg. In addition to family history of hypertension, I was 115kg (I'm 6' age 47). Gradually over past 7 months got weight down to 80kg. Diet, regular cardio (cross trainer) and anaerobic (weights). Stopped the diuretic. BP 130/80. Initially side effects were persistent, dry coughing but that stopped when I quit smoking. Occasionally a little light-headed a few hours or so after taking. No other problems with lisinopril. The diuretic was a pain, getting up 2-4 times at night for a pee. Can't recommend enough the combination of weight loss & exercise"

Sawasaw5565 March 9, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking lisinopril for about a month. It makes me feel calm and a bit tired but I started taking it before bed and doesn't bother me. It has been making me feel calm and centered akin to Prozac but I assume it's because it thins your blood."

male 41 March 5, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "Have taken lisinopril for at least 10 years and had no side effects that I can tell. I'm very sensitive to medications but this has effectively controlled my blood pressure with no down sides that I can think of."

girlinthewoods March 3, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Took Lisinopril for 18 months, it was very good at lowering blood pressure, however after 16 months of taking it I had very bad "allergic" reaction. After various tests docs think it's Lisinopril. I still get severe swelling of eyes which are also red and very itchy. Have been off medicine for almost 3 months but have been told it may take up to 6 months to leave my system so may get these horrible symptoms until it does."

Loja February 28, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "It worked good for 4 years, 20mg Lisinopril, then the doctor added 50mg Metoprolol twice a day. I've had the wheezing and slight cough and it raised my blood sugar a few points, but the worst side effect of all is the runny nose. As a single guy in his 50's it's quite a challenge to go out to met women with your nose in a constant drip. But it works, has less side effects than others."

Daid (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 22, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "Effective at reducing blood pressure. Frequent light coughing as side effect."

Larry Z (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 6, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on and off of this for several months. I wasn't good about taking it. Now, I started again and immediately I started feeling edgy and nervous. Almost feels like it is raising my blood pressure instead of lowering it. "

Dallas2664 January 31, 2013

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Dr. prescribed 20mg to reduce blood pressure; works wonderful for that purpose. Side effects include dry cough & fatigue, but not to the point where it interferes with my life. I think it's a great medicine noticed immediate results."

Female, 55 yrs. old (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I am a 36 year old female new to the world of high blood pressure. I am a runner, healthy eater, and maintain a good weight- but my father has high blood pressure. After an ER visit with high blood pressure and an episode of tachycardia- I was told to see a cardiologist. My BP remained at 145/100 for about a month so he put me on lisinopril 10mg. Being paranoid about the side effects- I have only taken 5mg per day for the last week. My BP is pretty stable at about 117/85. Side effects/ minimal coughing. Fatigue and dizziness."

Kameryn (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2012

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Very painful muscle and joint problems from this medication. Searing pain in elbows, wrists, knees, etc. Never had this before taking this medication. My husband is also on this pill and is experiencing some of the same problems."

kimbap (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2012

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on this med for 2 months and it did a very good job lowering my blood pressure from an average of 156/102 down to 115/65 however the side effect of being lightheaded was annoying. I started on 20mg and reduced to 10mg. Changed my diet to vegan, no oil and was off this in 2 months. Also run/walk a few miles everyday. I'm 48 years old and don't want to take blood pressure medicines. I'm staying on a strict diet and exercise."

Anonymous December 16, 2012

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "I had extreme reactions to this medication. Dizziness, shaking, nausea, polyuria, headaches, severe sweating, lethargy. It didn't work for me."

Anonymous December 3, 2012

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Persistent dry cough developed after taking for 3 years. Pulmonary Function Test shows I am "normal" but the persistent cough and wheezing still exists. Do not believe I have asthma, feel that it is this medicine. Discontinued 1 week ago."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "After six months of taking lisinopril (5mg), I have gained weight, had hair loss and have had constant fatigue. It has brought my blood pressure down to 120/70, but I'm tired of all the side effects! Not to mention the constant dry cough and soreness in my mouth."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2012

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking it for 12 years. It was the second ever BP medicine I was ever put on since my diagnosis in 2000. I really have been lucky with this. No cough for me, and when you read the long term side effects, they aren't anywhere near as scary as most everything else you can take. And the interactions are all minimal and favorable for me. My High BP is a mystery as it does not run on either side of my family. Still taking it but had to up the dosage to 40 mg/day due to extreme unavoidable stress in my life."

Internet Space Cadet October 24, 2012

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Weight gain"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I had a horrible experience. I have high blood pressure and I had been using atenolol for years. I lost my health coverage and had to go to a clinic and was prescribed Lisinopril. I took one dose and my heart started beating so fast and I had trouble sitting still. I became very anxious and nervous and my heart rate was crazy. I stopped taking it right away but it still took about 4 days to get out of my system. It was very scary."

mcpepper111 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2012

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Was prescribed Lisinopril for high blood pressure [Range 140/90-170/100]. Did not reduce blood pressure effectively after 1 month use. Side effects included dry cough on a daily basis and drowsy feeling. Went to the doctor after 4 weeks and got a new prescription ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I started out at 5 mg and am now taking 10 mg with a diuretic. I do get dry eye and dry mouth. I bought an OTC spray for the dry mouth that works well. I also bought a gel type eye drop that I put in both eyes at night. Works wonderfully. So far, this has worked well. My blood pressure has come down as has the swelling in my legs/feet. I plan to continue, Will update as needed."

deaddolly (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "Has worked great for me for 15 years."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 29, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking Lisinopril last Fall. Since then I have experienced hives, itching non-stop, leg cramps at night and occasional blurred vision. I first thought the hives and itching were allergy associated and would just go away. Just today I started researching the side effects of this medicine and tomorrow I will go to see my doctor to see about getting it changed. I went from 5mg - 10mg - 20mg in about 9 mos., blood pressure is doing OK with this medicine but the side effects are just too much."

Sir_Scratch_Alot (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 17, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken this medicine for 4 years now, 10mg once a day. I take it at night before bed. My blood pressure is great all the time. I had problems with my blood pressure after child birth and it never went away. But this medicine has been dependable and lowered it to normal. I do have a dry cough here and there mostly at night sometimes, when I don't drink the full glass of water. I get my blood checked every year to make sure it is not affecting my liver or kidneys. The only thing I noticed is that you cannot miss a dose, you will feel it if you do."

low blood pressure :) (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril was a wicked medicine for me. My blood pressure always ran about 140/90 and doctor thought I needed something. First symptom I got was cough that never went away. Annoyed everyone at work. Then I got twitches all over my body. In my arms and legs, but the most annoying was on my head. I had constant twitches on the left side of my head. I stopped the medicine and the twitches went away instantly. One of the worst symptoms was chest pain. Had to have ECG done and it came back abnormal. They think it was because lisinopril caused my sodium to drop low. Stopped lisinopril and it came back normal. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I am on 10mg/day. I've cut down my sodium drastically and have been going for brisk walks 30mins/day. I've noticed that about 4 hours after taking medicines I felt very dizzy, nauseous and tired. I wouldn't be able to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. I usually take it around 10 am, so around 7pm I went to a pharmacy to check my blood pressure and it was 95/67. When I woke up the next morning I decided to go get it checked before taking medicines and it was 102/52, so I did not take the medicine that day. Overall I feel like its making me feel worse and lowering it way too much!"

Anonymous April 18, 2012