User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 7 reviews 32 medications

Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 214 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lisinopril

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: The very irritating post nasal drip, runny nose, and cough has disrupted my life! I thought I had allergies or a cold and it took me months to connect it to lisinopril. I see my Dr. tomorrow and will be so glad to get rid of this drug and its side effects. My sleep was interupted all night so I was not getting adequate rest. And at work it was embarrasing to keep blowing my nose and coughing. People are hyper-aware of germs these days because of the swine flu thing, (and I work in surgery.)

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 23, 2009 8:30 AM
Review by pa18sher: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: My blood pressure was running 160 over 115 and I went on this medication. I've only been on it for 5 days and the incessant coughing is driving me crazy. Also, I've noticed annoying, weird cramps under my shoulder blades, lower back aches (even though overweight, I've never, ever had back problems) and my thigh and calf and even foot muscles start to seize up when I walk, and I'm a walker, hate to sit down but now I do all the time because I feel so tired. I'm also unable to sleep and short of breath, which is also uncommon to me.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2009 4:11 PM
Review by Mahalo08: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: My doctor prescribed this to "protect my kidneys" and lower my BP (132/100, was never that high before). Within a week I had severe muscle spasms and pain in my legs, headaches, dizziness, and itchy hands. She cut my dose to 5 mg, which stopped most of the spasms, but did not relieve other symptoms. My BP was 100/68. I am now dealing with mild edema in my eyelids, blurred vision.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 16, 2009 12:28 AM
Review by macfly: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I'm a 48 yr old male, take 20mg day. Blood pressure is regular now however side effects are not acceptable and I will be switching to another medicine. Libido lowered, unable to maintain erection for more than 20 minutes, headaches, dizziness, some double vision, coughing, and slight weight gain without any change in exercise or diet. This ACE inhibitor is not for me.

November 15, 2009 7:30 AM
Review by Kathypettit:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Took this medicine for over 6 months. Side effects got bad finally stopped taking it and switched to old Medicine. Had headaches that never went away, muscle spasm in legs and arms so bad could barely lift my arms. Extreme fatigue would set in 1 - 2 hours after taking, facial flushing always getting comments about being sunburned. Most scary was the memory loss, couldn't recall details on everyday things, and muscle twitches in thigh. Been off of this for only three days and feel better already. Memory is coming back and twitches in thigh are gone. Didn't have the need for a nap today either. It seems as if these symptoms get worse over time at least for me.

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 14, 2009 12:13 AM
Review by etides: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: THIS DRUG IS NOT FOR ME. Makes me really sick. Stopped taking on Friday and will call my Doctor Monday morning. I have coughing, vomiting, cramps can't get any sleep.

November 9, 2009 7:23 AM
Review by didovirgil: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I have just started taking this blood pressure medication, but so far very good! It has definitely brought my blood pressure down with little or no side effects! Thanks.

November 5, 2009 12:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Been on medication for hbp for 7 months (also taking Bystolic). Had a reaction of angioedema where my face swelled and then a few days later got hives on my arms and legs. ER doctor explained it's technically NOT an allergic reaction (i.e. not histamine related) so benadryl will not help with the swelling. Given predisone and also taking tylenol. He told me the drug can be taken for decades without any adverse reaction, and then one day, you suddenly get swelling. Having a reaction rules out using any of the ACE inhibitor drugs. Too bad - it was working really well for me. On Cardizem now.

November 2, 2009 2:20 PM
Review by John Howard Norfolk: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Excellent medication to reduce my blood pressure but I eventually associated a persistent dry cough with this drug and was switched to Cozaar by my GP.

October 21, 2009 9:27 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: After months of dry cough, finally ended up with severe allergic reaction including urticaria (hives) over most of my body for four months and got angioedema - tongue and face swelled up.

October 14, 2009 3:37 AM
Review by Jackie198: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I started this drug 4 months ago and I have the cough and the headaches. But my blood pressure is still high. I started taking it in the morning, when I got up my blood pressure was running 178/110 or higher within 2 hours it was down, but I was so tired that I was falling a sleep at work and waking up with high blood pressure. So I thought if I started taking it at night then my blood pressure would not be high in the morning. But it is still very high still in the morning 178/117. So the Doctor said start taking it again in the morning - that was a week ago and for the last wk I have woken up at all hours with a bad headache. This morning my blood pressure was 178/117. I will have it changed.

October 12, 2009 9:15 AM
Review by sjohns09: User Rating:

Prinivil (lisinopril) for Migraine Prevention: The Doctor gave me 10 MG Lisinopril for high blood pressure - I never had a headache for over a month. it was great but I developed a bad cough so he took me off. I miss not having the headaches. I think I was taking to high a dose. I'd like to try a smaller mg.

October 6, 2009 4:18 PM
Review by syon99: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I'm a 63 year old big guy (315 pounds) with 147/95 blood pressure and otherwise healthy. This is my first experience with high blood pressure and I am not on any other medication. I have been taking 20mg lisinopril twice a day for 10 days. I have experienced the dry cough and blurred vision others have mentioned. I have taken my blood pressure at home 22 times in 10 days with the following results: High 164/101, Low 137/86, First 140/94, Last 140/88, average 147/95. My doctor says I should give lisinopril six weeks to work. I'll try 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week for the next five weeks and see if there is any improvement.

October 3, 2009 4:57 AM
Review by Mannalal: User Rating:

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: Doctor prescribed 5mg daily when BP was 150/100, wow 24Hrs. after first dose it was 130/84, continued for fifteen days, the BP came down to 100/70 and I did not feel any difficulty, doctor reduced the dose to 2.5mg daily, BP was unstable at 90/70 to 100/70 reduced the dose to 1.25mg, still it was 100/70. Doctor stopped medication, BP gradually increased again now it is stable at 130/90 without any medication, with 2km brisk walk daily. I am 47, my father 79 120/85, mother 120/80. No history of heart failure in family.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 29, 2009 8:46 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: So far so good for me. Been flirting with blood pressure medicines for some time (am 36 years old) and was finally prescribed lisinopril two weeks ago when I ran a 170/110 during a Doctor's visit. No coughing yet, nothing to really note for side effects and my blood pressure is regularly around 125/75 now. I hope the side effects listed by others do not show up as the $15 for 90 day supply is great.

September 22, 2009 9:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Gave me a dry cough so I stopped using it.

September 12, 2009 2:05 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: Does a fine job lowering my blood pressure and I feel much better. The cough is irksome. Having a cough drop in the far back of my mouth tends to relieve it, and thank goodness you can find sugar free ones now. Still, considering bladder control problems and the way the cough disrupts my sleep, I'll probably switch to another medicine.

September 12, 2009 12:24 PM
Review by bowen_kyle: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: This is a good medicine.

September 9, 2009 2:18 PM
Review by anoynamus: User Rating:

lisinopril for Heart Attack: Severe reaction, 48 year old male hospitalized for 4 days, tongue and lips swelled, body turned red, hives, severe perspiring trouble, blood pressure dropped 70/41, dehydrated. Was on this medication for 6 months, took medicine in morning had reaction 6 pm no warning.

September 2, 2009 10:03 PM
Review by Bonus Grandma: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I just started taking Lisinopril 5 mg. My diagnosis has been labile high blood pressure often around 140/90. My cardiologist prescribed it, along with Atenolol 100 mg and a diuretic 12.5 (Hydrochlorothiazide) which I have been taking for years. In the past two weeks, my blood pressure has been down to a more normal range. I haven't had any noticeable side effects. Doctor did some blood work on 8/31 for kidney function and that was all fine. I have started dieting to lose about 30 lbs and swimming three or four days a week. I feel much better now that I am really exercising and not just making excuses.

September 2, 2009 5:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Brought my blood pressure down but now I'm having trouble achieving a climax.

August 25, 2009 1:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I have just started this medicine and the cough is driving me crazy. I go through these spells, at work and night. Everyone probably thinks I have a cold. Might need to switch to something else.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 25, 2009 12:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I have acquired swelling edema in both ankles.

August 24, 2009 5:04 PM
Review by idsportsman: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I used this in conjunction with Norvasc and atenolol and it seems to help me a lot in keeping my high blood pressure under control.

August 22, 2009 5:49 PM
Review by MsMafiaCrimeBoss: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I have no coughing from this medicine. It is low cost and easy to take. My only concern was leg cramps. With exercise every other day they will go away. You must exercise and take care of yourself on any drug or just as a daily routine in your quality of life.

August 7, 2009 4:51 PM