User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 7 reviews 32 medications

Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 214 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lisinopril

Review by mcpepper111 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I had a horrible experience. I have high blood pressure and I had been using atenolol for years. I lost my health coverage and had to go to a clinic and was prescribed Lisinopril. I took one dose and my heart started beating so fast and I had trouble sitting still. I became very anxious and nervous and my heart rate was crazy. I stopped taking it right away but it still took about 4 days to get out of my system. It was very scary.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 20, 2012 4:29 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Was prescribed Lisinopril for high blood pressure [Range 140/90-170/100]. Did not reduce blood pressure effectively after 1 month use. Side effects included dry cough on a daily basis and drowsy feeling. Went to the doctor after 4 weeks and got a new prescription .

August 30, 2012 4:19 PM
Review by deaddolly (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I started out at 5 mg and am now taking 10 mg with a diuretic. I do get dry eye and dry mouth. I bought an OTC spray for the dry mouth that works well. I also bought a gel type eye drop that I put in both eyes at night. Works wonderfully. So far, this has worked well. My blood pressure has come down as has the swelling in my legs/feet. I plan to continue, Will update as needed.

July 22, 2012 10:13 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Has worked great for me for 15 years.

June 29, 2012 6:47 PM
Review by Sir_Scratch_Alot (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Started taking Lisinopril last Fall. Since then I have experienced hives, itching non-stop, leg cramps at night and occasional blurred vision. I first thought the hives and itching were allergy associated and would just go away. Just today I started researching the side effects of this medicine and tomorrow I will go to see my doctor to see about getting it changed. I went from 5mg - 10mg - 20mg in about 9 mos., blood pressure is doing OK with this medicine but the side effects are just too much.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 17, 2012 10:58 AM
Review by low blood pressure :) (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I have taken this medicine for 4 years now, 10mg once a day. I take it at night before bed. My blood pressure is great all the time. I had problems with my blood pressure after child birth and it never went away. But this medicine has been dependable and lowered it to normal. I do have a dry cough here and there mostly at night sometimes, when I don't drink the full glass of water. I get my blood checked every year to make sure it is not affecting my liver or kidneys. The only thing I noticed is that you cannot miss a dose, you will feel it if you do.

June 15, 2012 4:37 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Lisinopril was a wicked medicine for me. My blood pressure always ran about 140/90 and doctor thought I needed something. First symptom I got was cough that never went away. Annoyed everyone at work. Then I got twitches all over my body. In my arms and legs, but the most annoying was on my head. I had constant twitches on the left side of my head. I stopped the medicine and the twitches went away instantly. One of the worst symptoms was chest pain. Had to have ECG done and it came back abnormal. They think it was because lisinopril caused my sodium to drop low. Stopped lisinopril and it came back normal.

June 8, 2012 12:37 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I am on 10mg/day. I've cut down my sodium drastically and have been going for brisk walks 30mins/day. I've noticed that about 4 hours after taking medicines I felt very dizzy, nauseous and tired. I wouldn't be able to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. I usually take it around 10 am, so around 7pm I went to a pharmacy to check my blood pressure and it was 95/67. When I woke up the next morning I decided to go get it checked before taking medicines and it was 102/52, so I did not take the medicine that day. Overall I feel like its making me feel worse and lowering it way too much!

April 18, 2012 3:52 PM
Review by KimLPeach: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I was put in the hospital for the fourth time with Pancreatitis and high blood pressure. The doctor prescribed me this medicine and it makes me dizzy. My eyes get all blurry too.

April 13, 2012 1:21 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I am 69 year old male diagnosed with high blood pressure 7 months ago (otherwise healthy). After starting with lisinopril and a diuretic, the medication was lowered to just 20 mg lisinopril/day and then to 10 mg/day because I experienced extreme fatigue. The medicine has lowered my BP but there appears to be still the fatigue every few days associated with a drop in my pulse to 40 or even less beats/min. I appear now to have a "normal" at rest pulse of 58-60/min when it was about 70 with no drops and fatigue. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a drop in pulse associated with their fatigue? My doctors say lisiniprol cant cause this but I never had this problem prior to taking lisinopril even with high blood pressure.

April 8, 2012 7:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I took one pill and I have never been so sick in my life. Diarrhea, vomiting, chest pain etc. I think I had every side effect listed for this medicine. It has taken me almost 24 hours with no food or drink to get over this.

April 2, 2012 9:58 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I could not take this medicine at all. It caused severe breathing problems. After 5 days I could only walk 20ft before stopping to catch my breath. I did not notice much drop in blood pressure.

March 25, 2012 2:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: My blood pressure started at 130/90 but when at the hospital it was 190/100 so began with 40 mg but it did not lower blood pressure just made me dizzy and blurred vision so it was lowered to 30 mg and blood pressure lowered a little. A specialist thought it was unusual so lowered it to 20 mg and again the blood pressure lowered and this continued on until 5 mg. Blood pressure is steady at 115/70 with occasional 90/70 and no side effects remaining. Weigh hasn't changed but was always in normal range.

March 17, 2012 12:11 PM
Review by Shawn Ferrell: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I'm 18, I've been on Lisinopril 20mg for a year. My BP stays around 120/80 which is good. When swim season came, I had been trying to get into shape but fatigued too easily in practice to ever get a good workout in. At my first swim meet, I almost had a heart attack after a race. Lisinopril cured my high BP but ended my swimming career. If your a serious athlete, I don't recommend taking this medicine. Its effective but your endurance will diminish greatly.

March 11, 2012 11:48 PM
Review by MW-Missouri: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: This is the first medicine I've tried for blood pressure, and it works to lower blood pressure but the side effects are many. I will get this changed today when I see doctor.( side effects - loose stools- tired feeling- unproductive cough- night sweats).

February 24, 2012 7:57 AM
Review by Wchelwig: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: 20mg was a very effective dose for treating my Hypertension however I did experience a bit of lightheadedness with the full 20mg tablet. This dose was then staggered into two separate 10mg doses per day with equally effective results that minimized side effects.

January 20, 2012 1:56 AM
Review by Catd: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I was on Lisinopril for 8 months and all of a sudden my tongue started feeling funny. I stopped taking it for a day and it seemed to get better. The next day after taking it my tongue swelled up. Seems I had a bad allergic reaction to the medication. So be warned if your tongue starts feeling funny!

January 18, 2012 11:20 AM
Review by ArIck: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I'm a 27-year-old male with hypertension (yes, a bit young, but it runs in the family). At first, Lisinopril was a God send. We were seeing systolic pressure in the high 120s and diastolic pressure in the 70s (I've had readings as high as 165 over 95). I didn't develop the dreaded "ACE inhibitor cough." Overtime, however, lisinopril caused me to feel fatigued 24/7. I'm depressed (despite 40mg Prozac per day and no history of major depressive disorder or triggers) and feel 50 years older than I should be. Medications affect different people in so many different ways. I'll continue on my quest to find the blood pressure medicine that works for me (...with a second opinion from a cardiologist).

December 11, 2011 4:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I'm a 27 year old white male in good shape but have always had high blood pressure...I'm guessing genetic. My blood pressure would run anywhere from 130-160 over 85-105. The doctor tried a diuretic which did nothing, and then a beta blocker which had horrible side effects. They finally tried 10mg of lisinopril and wow how great! It almost immediately brought my blood pressure to 118/80's. I actually cut my dose to 2.5 mg in the morning and 2.5 mg at lunch and my blood pressure stays perfect all day and night. I have had no side effects whatsoever and wouldn't even know I was taking any medication if it weren't for my lowered blood pressure. Highly recommend!

December 9, 2011 2:56 PM
Review by JeffJ.: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I used Lisinopril for seven days. I am diabetic and am on an insulin pump. I maintain good control of my blood sugar. My normal blood sugar is range is between 95 & 130. A day after starting on Lisinopril my blood sugar readings were between 225 & 375. My blood sugar remained extremely elevated the seven days I was taking this medication. After I stopped using Lisinopril my blood sugars returned to normal readings within 1.5 days.

December 4, 2011 12:24 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for Migraine Prevention: I suffered with weekly migraines for 30 years. I took 10 mg daily for slightly elevated blood pressure with no knowledge of migraine effects. After 3 months without a migraine I investigated lisinoprils effects on migraines and shared with my doctor, who did not know of the connection. Now 3 years later, my migraines are all but gone!

November 29, 2011 12:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: Coughing and runny nose driving me crazy. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it.

October 13, 2011 11:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: I was on this medication for about four weeks. Only marginally helped blood pressure. My blood pressure was 160/103 and was lowered to 145/90. Developed hives and had to discontinue.

October 13, 2011 5:53 PM
Review by janetulm: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: My blood pressure was rather steep--like WAY too high as a rule, hypertension-started taking Lisinopril 40MG, once a day. I literally didn't feel a change physically, yet my readings now never go beyond 130/90, usually lower. I'm pleased with this medicine! This is great news for someone like me. I've gone through two cerebral aneurysms in the past (I wasn't on any medicines then), now I'm on lisinopril 40MG and happy to take it.

October 9, 2011 6:39 AM
Review by zrex: User Rating:

lisinopril for High Blood Pressure: If you have a cough, change your toothpaste to Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste. Try it and see.

September 14, 2011 5:04 AM