User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 9 reviews 32 medications

Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 224 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lisinopril

Review by Dallas2664:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on and off of this for several months. I wasn't good about taking it. Now, I started again and immediately I started feeling edgy and nervous. Almost feels like it is raising my blood pressure instead of lowering it.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2013 12:53 PM

Review by Female, 55 yrs. old (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: Dr. prescribed 20mg to reduce blood pressure; works wonderful for that purpose. Side effects include dry cough & fatigue, but not to the point where it interferes with my life. I think it's a great medicine noticed immediate results.

January 26, 2013 6:31 AM

Review by Kameryn (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: I am a 36 year old female new to the world of high blood pressure. I am a runner, healthy eater, and maintain a good weight- but my father has high blood pressure. After an ER visit with high blood pressure and an episode of tachycardia- I was told to see a cardiologist. My BP remained at 145/100 for about a month so he put me on lisinopril 10mg. Being paranoid about the side effects- I have only taken 5mg per day for the last week. My BP is pretty stable at about 117/85. Side effects/ minimal coughing. Fatigue and dizziness.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2012 11:56 PM

Review by kimbap (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: Very painful muscle and joint problems from this medication. Searing pain in elbows, wrists, knees, etc. Never had this before taking this medication. My husband is also on this pill and is experiencing some of the same problems.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2012 2:51 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I was on this med for 2 months and it did a very good job lowering my blood pressure from an average of 156/102 down to 115/65 however the side effect of being lightheaded was annoying. I started on 20mg and reduced to 10mg. Changed my diet to vegan, no oil and was off this in 2 months. Also run/walk a few miles everyday. I'm 48 years old and don't want to take blood pressure medicines. I'm staying on a strict diet and exercise.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2012 3:09 AM

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: I had extreme reactions to this medication. Dizziness, shaking, nausea, polyuria, headaches, severe sweating, lethargy. It didn't work for me.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2012 10:21 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: Persistent dry cough developed after taking for 3 years. Pulmonary Function Test shows I am "normal" but the persistent cough and wheezing still exists. Do not believe I have asthma, feel that it is this medicine. Discontinued 1 week ago.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2012 12:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For High Blood Pressure: After six months of taking lisinopril (5mg), I have gained weight, had hair loss and have had constant fatigue. It has brought my blood pressure down to 120/70, but I'm tired of all the side effects! Not to mention the constant dry cough and soreness in my mouth.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2012 1:44 PM

Review by Internet Space Cadet:

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking it for 12 years. It was the second ever BP medicine I was ever put on since my diagnosis in 2000. I really have been lucky with this. No cough for me, and when you read the long term side effects, they aren't anywhere near as scary as most everything else you can take. And the interactions are all minimal and favorable for me. My High BP is a mystery as it does not run on either side of my family. Still taking it but had to up the dosage to 40 mg/day due to extreme unavoidable stress in my life.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2012 11:20 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For High Blood Pressure: Weight gain

October 12, 2012 3:14 PM

Review by mcpepper111 (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: I had a horrible experience. I have high blood pressure and I had been using atenolol for years. I lost my health coverage and had to go to a clinic and was prescribed Lisinopril. I took one dose and my heart started beating so fast and I had trouble sitting still. I became very anxious and nervous and my heart rate was crazy. I stopped taking it right away but it still took about 4 days to get out of my system. It was very scary.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2012 4:29 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: Was prescribed Lisinopril for high blood pressure [Range 140/90-170/100]. Did not reduce blood pressure effectively after 1 month use. Side effects included dry cough on a daily basis and drowsy feeling. Went to the doctor after 4 weeks and got a new prescription .

August 30, 2012 4:19 PM

Review by deaddolly (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For High Blood Pressure: I started out at 5 mg and am now taking 10 mg with a diuretic. I do get dry eye and dry mouth. I bought an OTC spray for the dry mouth that works well. I also bought a gel type eye drop that I put in both eyes at night. Works wonderfully. So far, this has worked well. My blood pressure has come down as has the swelling in my legs/feet. I plan to continue, Will update as needed.

July 22, 2012 10:13 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For High Blood Pressure: Has worked great for me for 15 years.

June 29, 2012 6:47 PM

Review by Sir_Scratch_Alot (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For High Blood Pressure: Started taking Lisinopril last Fall. Since then I have experienced hives, itching non-stop, leg cramps at night and occasional blurred vision. I first thought the hives and itching were allergy associated and would just go away. Just today I started researching the side effects of this medicine and tomorrow I will go to see my doctor to see about getting it changed. I went from 5mg - 10mg - 20mg in about 9 mos., blood pressure is doing OK with this medicine but the side effects are just too much.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2012 10:58 AM

Review by low blood pressure :) (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: I have taken this medicine for 4 years now, 10mg once a day. I take it at night before bed. My blood pressure is great all the time. I had problems with my blood pressure after child birth and it never went away. But this medicine has been dependable and lowered it to normal. I do have a dry cough here and there mostly at night sometimes, when I don't drink the full glass of water. I get my blood checked every year to make sure it is not affecting my liver or kidneys. The only thing I noticed is that you cannot miss a dose, you will feel it if you do.

June 15, 2012 4:37 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For High Blood Pressure: Lisinopril was a wicked medicine for me. My blood pressure always ran about 140/90 and doctor thought I needed something. First symptom I got was cough that never went away. Annoyed everyone at work. Then I got twitches all over my body. In my arms and legs, but the most annoying was on my head. I had constant twitches on the left side of my head. I stopped the medicine and the twitches went away instantly. One of the worst symptoms was chest pain. Had to have ECG done and it came back abnormal. They think it was because lisinopril caused my sodium to drop low. Stopped lisinopril and it came back normal.

June 8, 2012 12:37 AM

For High Blood Pressure: I am on 10mg/day. I've cut down my sodium drastically and have been going for brisk walks 30mins/day. I've noticed that about 4 hours after taking medicines I felt very dizzy, nauseous and tired. I wouldn't be able to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. I usually take it around 10 am, so around 7pm I went to a pharmacy to check my blood pressure and it was 95/67. When I woke up the next morning I decided to go get it checked before taking medicines and it was 102/52, so I did not take the medicine that day. Overall I feel like its making me feel worse and lowering it way too much!

April 18, 2012 3:52 PM

Review by KimLPeach:

For High Blood Pressure: I was put in the hospital for the fourth time with Pancreatitis and high blood pressure. The doctor prescribed me this medicine and it makes me dizzy. My eyes get all blurry too.

April 13, 2012 1:21 AM

For High Blood Pressure: I am 69 year old male diagnosed with high blood pressure 7 months ago (otherwise healthy). After starting with lisinopril and a diuretic, the medication was lowered to just 20 mg lisinopril/day and then to 10 mg/day because I experienced extreme fatigue. The medicine has lowered my BP but there appears to be still the fatigue every few days associated with a drop in my pulse to 40 or even less beats/min. I appear now to have a "normal" at rest pulse of 58-60/min when it was about 70 with no drops and fatigue. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a drop in pulse associated with their fatigue? My doctors say lisiniprol cant cause this but I never had this problem prior to taking lisinopril even with high blood pressure.

April 8, 2012 7:50 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I took one pill and I have never been so sick in my life. Diarrhea, vomiting, chest pain etc. I think I had every side effect listed for this medicine. It has taken me almost 24 hours with no food or drink to get over this.

April 2, 2012 9:58 AM

For High Blood Pressure: I could not take this medicine at all. It caused severe breathing problems. After 5 days I could only walk 20ft before stopping to catch my breath. I did not notice much drop in blood pressure.

March 25, 2012 2:11 PM

For High Blood Pressure: My blood pressure started at 130/90 but when at the hospital it was 190/100 so began with 40 mg but it did not lower blood pressure just made me dizzy and blurred vision so it was lowered to 30 mg and blood pressure lowered a little. A specialist thought it was unusual so lowered it to 20 mg and again the blood pressure lowered and this continued on until 5 mg. Blood pressure is steady at 115/70 with occasional 90/70 and no side effects remaining. Weigh hasn't changed but was always in normal range.

March 17, 2012 12:11 PM

Review by Shawn Ferrell:

For High Blood Pressure: I'm 18, I've been on Lisinopril 20mg for a year. My BP stays around 120/80 which is good. When swim season came, I had been trying to get into shape but fatigued too easily in practice to ever get a good workout in. At my first swim meet, I almost had a heart attack after a race. Lisinopril cured my high BP but ended my swimming career. If your a serious athlete, I don't recommend taking this medicine. Its effective but your endurance will diminish greatly.

March 11, 2012 11:48 PM

Review by MW-Missouri:

For High Blood Pressure: This is the first medicine I've tried for blood pressure, and it works to lower blood pressure but the side effects are many. I will get this changed today when I see doctor.( side effects - loose stools- tired feeling- unproductive cough- night sweats).

February 24, 2012 7:57 AM