User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 13 reviews 32 medications

4.5
Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 256 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I am a 57 year old male with historically high blood pressure. I was averaging 140 - 150 over high 90's to low 100's. I have been on the medication for about 3 weeks and my blood pressure is averaging 120's over 80's with no side effects at all. I hope this continues."

Buckeye Boy (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been on Lisonipril for 3 yrs with no side effects so I'm lucky. Has kept my blood pressure within normal range or lower."

sknellie January 27, 2014

For Migraine Prevention: "Lisinopril has been a complete answer to prayer for me. I have had migraine headaches from childhood which have only increased in frequency and severity with age. (Violently ill & lasting 3 days) My doctors have tried every type of medication with very minimal results. In questioning 3 family members who are on Blood Pressure medicines, (all of whom have ceased having migraines), I found they are all on an ACE Inhibitor. I requested a trial of Lisinopril even though my blood pressure is normal. My doctor agreed to a 5mg/day trial, although she admitted she would have never thought to try this but for my research. Six months later, had no migraines. Only a few "chinook" (weather-related) mild headaches, easily treated with Tylenol or Advil. So Thankful!"

PLP (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril is very effective at reducing my blood pressure. I have to be careful to stay hydrated to avoid the lightheadedness when standing up. I have fibromyalgia and have muscle aches and pains and attributed the muscles aches to that. I missed 2 days of the med and felt pretty good - blood pressure was fine. I know meds stay in our bodies for a few days, so I wasn't concerned. I took the med the next day and realized the awful muscle pain was back. I tried this 2 more times to make sure it wasn't a coincidence. The Lisinopril is causing the extreme muscle aches. No more Lisinopril for me!"

Lorilu441953 December 29, 2013

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I took one dose experienced nausea, diarrhea, muscle weakness, dizziness, complete lethargy to point I couldn't function. Couldn't sleep without jerking awake and it actually scared me."

Reg Tucker December 14, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "The cough with all the congestion is annoying. Everyone is always asking if I'm ill. My blood pressure is still averaging 190/124. BPM are around 90-135. I have been on 2.5 mg for 4 months with no change. I'm a 48 year old white female in a high pressured medical career. No health insurance so my Dr. writes me Linsinopril because it is free. My next appointment is in 2 weeks. I'm sure he will make changes."

Minimoohead December 7, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "Since beginning lisinopril I've been having vivid waking dreams and find it difficult to go back to sleep. I wake from loud clear sounds (breaking glass, doors creaking open) that leave my heart racing (anxiety?). When I do remain asleep my dreams are bad dreams (nightmares)."

Rose2Ian (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "My family history includes high bp. I started taking Lisinopril 20mg about 6 months ago in combination with HCTZ 7.5mg. The meds have greatly reduced my bp from 170/105 to 98/65. The side effects I experienced are dizziness, nausea and lack of sex drive. My lifestyle includes eating healthy and excercise. I'm considering asking my provider to lower my lisinopril dose."

Local girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2013

For Migraine Prevention: "Take for blood pressure and had weekly migraine aura. Only not good when driving, no migraines for 7 months now."

gary1946 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I am a 28 year old female and have been taking this for more than a year, was on an angiotensin receptor blockers before. It works quite well. Lowered the dose from 10mg to 7.5 mg. Changed the brand and got the famous annoying dry cough but went back o my old brand and it is gone. With occasional dizziness and headaches it is the only medicine which has alone been able to lower my blood pressure."

Nmalik (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "Discovered lisinopril was the cause of terrible headaches for 3 years on them. By accident quit taking them because blood pressure fell so low and no more headaches."

big bad john August 13, 2013

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "My lungs felt stuffy and a lot of nasal congestion. This had become so severe that I almost went to the emergency room on a couple of occasions thinking I was having extreme allergy problems."

shmo (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2013

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "Effective in lowing blood pressure, but gave me a terrible dry cough so had to change to another medicine."

dauna (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "Been taking lisinopril 10 mg for about 10 months and found it highly effective in controlling my high blood pressure from close to 150-78 down to about 119-65. No side effects experienced other than feeling slight dizziness when getting up from the floor after doing abdominals in the gym."

efax (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2013

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "Helps me feel normal. Generic lisinopril caused severe dizziness."

snooki1000 July 27, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "Didn't work and made my nose bleed."

sissy123456789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2013

For Heart Failure: "After taking this medication Prior to being diagnosed with congestive heart failure, and cardiomyopathy stage 3 at age 36 I have taken this medication for 7 years without any problems, and then out of nowhere, I start having strange dreams, audio changes, swelling in my ears, my throat became swollen to the point of needing to go to the hospital. I also became flushed it looked like a sunburn, the doctors overlooked this due to the fact that it was summer, however I had not been in the sun, cough, feeling agitated and very confused restless with intense change of smell. I felt confused. A loss of appetite, blurred vision, swollen eyes & lips. Chills, feeling hot, cough, sinuses swollen. Had to stop lisinopril."

ange1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 23, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "It does lower the blood pressure, sometimes too much. But beware of the side effects - after being on the medication for almost two years I developed fast heart beat, chest pains, shortness of breath, depression, dizziness not upon standing up but simply while working at my desk, stomach pains, bad heartburn. The dry cough was pretty annoying, too. Been off of it for 5 days and most of the side effects are gone."

Sunshine_66 July 9, 2013

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I have high blood pressure. So doctor prescribed me Lisinopril -hydrochlorothiazide, after three months, I suddenly realize that where is my migraine? I am so happy. I check with my doctor, she didn't link the connect either."

katherineD July 7, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "It does lower my blood pressure. I went from 170/110 to 140-119 over 90 to 80 . My blood pressure doesn't stay anywhere near the numbers. That is why I posted it that way. But, yes I get dizzy, when standing, or walking fast, I also get a slight cough or a tickle in my throat. The dizzy seems to be worse in the hot weather."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 1, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "Doc put me on 10mg. I developed what seemed like sciatic nerve pain. Every morning when getting out of bed for the day I had pain in my left buttocks, thigh, down my calf & tingling into my foot. After being up for an hour or so, the pain subsided & I could pretty much do what I wanted. I also noticed I was easily fatigued & felt somewhat depressed. Doc increased the dose to 20mg daily after 6 months. Then the sciatic pain in the morning increased to nearly unbearable. I had no energy. I was ready to see an Orthopedic Dr when I checked on line for severe side effects of Lisinopril. I was stunned - joint, nerve & sciatic pain. Hair loss, weight gain, depression, cough, fatigue & etc. I stopped the med. & now feeling great."

Carol70 June 28, 2013

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril 10mg and jumping rope twice a day for 10 mins, controlled my high blood pressure bringing the numbers from 140/90 to 118/60. Not side effects at all. I'm guessing I'm so lucky not feeling the side effects as many people do."

Romocadd (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Lisinpril about 2 weeks ago. It is slowly lowering my blood pressure. But I seem to be more tired all the time. I usually take the medicine in the morning and I am moving it to night time to see if that helps. It has made me slightly dizzy upon standing."

paulkat May 28, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "This is a rare medication that does exactly what it's supposed to do (lower BP) with absolutely no side effects."

PattyP11 (taken for 10 years or more) May 25, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I've tried Lisinopril on three different occasions, and each time I experienced chest tightness within the first 3 days. My Dr. keeps telling me that's impossible---tell that to my chest."

dt901 March 21, 2013

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next