User Reviews for Cytomel

Learn more about Cytomel.

Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 4 reviews 24 medications

Thyroid Suppression Test 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cytomel reviews 10 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Cytomel

Review by Mich:

For Underactive Thyroid: I suffered for 5 years with Anxiety and Depression. I tried many, many antidepressants. Nothing worked. My T3 levels were very low but my TSH was only slightly high. One doctor treated me with Synthroid but I had no changes. I saw many doctors including an endocrinologist that told me that nothing was wrong with my thyroid. After spending many hours online looking for answers, I found an endocrinologist that said he would try treating me with Cytomel. Within a day I felt AMAZING! It was like someone put new batteries in my body! I am finally able to be happy and live life again! Truly a Miracle!

February 23, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by Ash RN:

For Underactive Thyroid: I was on Synthroid only for 8 years after being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism . My dose was changed many times over that time frame by 4 different Endocrinologists but I still felt bad, weight gain, fogginess, depression, chronic fatigue you name it. 6 weeks ago I was put on 10 mcg of Cytomel by a new doc that I am seeing a 100 miles from my home town and I am happy to say for the first time in 8 years I have relief from my symptoms. I have lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks. I am happy not in a fog anymore and I have energy to enjoy life once again. The Cytomel made all the difference.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2013 11:12 PM

Review by 69me (taken for less than 1 month):

For Underactive Thyroid: I have been on this for a day and my aches and pains have subsided. I will not give it a 10 because I am not "perfect" yet.

June 5, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by me2buc (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Underactive Thyroid: This medication has been a life saver for me. I don't know if it works really well for depression or if I was hypothyroid but it has saved my life and I am so very thankful for it.

November 15, 2012 8:29 PM

Review by Bigi (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I had my thyroid removed 3 years ago. I have been on various T4 supplements since: Synthroid, levothyroxine, Tirosint and continued to complain of fatigue, fogginess, wt gain, achiness, shortness of breath at exercise. FINALLY switched doctors as my Indian doctor would not try Armour. The new nurse practitioner looked at my labs: high T4, nonexistent T3. She switched me back to Synthroid and decreased the dosage, then added, for the FIRST time, Cytomel (T3). Within 3 days I have noticed a HUGE difference. So happy and still know the time test. BUT, fog is lifting, energy level increasing, sleeping well, HAPPY. I am hoping this continues. Noticed a slight headache at first but not bad. Will continue to cautiously be excited that we are ON to something.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2012 11:47 AM

For Underactive Thyroid: My doctor and I tried every T4 medication out there, and although I felt better I still wasn't right. After 2 years he switched me to Cytomel and I immediately knew I had found the solution. All the hypo symptoms disappeared - constipation, depression, weight gain and exhaustion. My cholesterol dropped to 140... in fact, all my blood work is excellent. It's very discouraging to know you're doing everything right - diet, exercise, sleep - and not only do your lab numbers not respond, but doctors tend to think you're not telling them the truth. Finally found a doctor that believed me; finally found the right medication. Life is good!

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2010 1:51 PM

Review by Shoo:

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I have been taking Cytomel to compliment Synthroid for 2 days and my life has already changed for the better! I feel alive and my severe sweating and hot flashes have subsided - so far. I am SO VERY happy now.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2010 1:17 PM

Review by Sunshine7580:

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I've taken this medication for a month and I can say it has changed my life: more energy, more sex drive and losing weight. Only drawback was I get migraine headaches when I don't drink enough water. Drink lots of water with this medication.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2010 9:58 AM

For Underactive Thyroid: Adding 10mcg of Cytomel to my T4 medicine was just what my body needed to clear up those lingering hypothyroid symptoms that just wouldn't go away, no matter how good my lab numbers looked or other healthy habits I developed. Doctors seem really hesitant to prescribe it, but if you're hypothyroid and T4 alone isn't working, your body just might need some T3.

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2009 10:30 PM

Review by Sidekick:

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I have been using Cytomel for 3 months. I had been on compounded T3 for 9 months, however I was experiencing increasingly severe hot flushes. Currently my hot flushes have decreased.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2008 6:30 PM