User Reviews for Cytomel

Learn more about Cytomel.

Myxedema 0 reviews 2 medications

TSH Suppression 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Thyroid Suppression Test 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cytomel reviews 13 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Cytomel

For Underactive Thyroid "Synthroid by itself was not effective. It is of great interest to me that so many other people have had the experience of being told by a physician that everything is fine while everything was, decidedly, NOT FINE! (making long story short due to length restriction. Details need space.) Large dosage of Synthroid ineffective, nurse practitioner certain nothing wrong, physician A dosage is ok but maybe a small bump, small effect for short period then return to prebump effect, concerned that observation due to psychological rather than physiological waited, physician B does further workup, physician B sees most of Syntroid dosage going to reverse T3 (physiologically ineffective) adds Cytomel, the improvement was immediate; not psych."

A Complicated Patient (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "After being hypothyroid for many years and having good results on Synthroid and natural thyroid, it went on backorder for a few months and I had to switch to Cytomel. I felt immediate changes, more alert and a little more energy. However, after taking it for a few years, about 70% of my hair fell out (in clumps and I tried everything to stop the hair loss), and I've had chronic insomnia, huge appetite increase, higher blood pressure, anxiety attacks, hot flashes, etc. "

jillianmarie83 February 25, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "Can't take it because my heart rate won't go below 90."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "I suffered for 5 years with Anxiety and Depression. I tried many, many antidepressants. Nothing worked. My T3 levels were very low but my TSH was only slightly high. One doctor treated me with Synthroid but I had no changes. I saw many doctors including an endocrinologist that told me that nothing was wrong with my thyroid. After spending many hours online looking for answers, I found an endocrinologist that said he would try treating me with Cytomel. Within a day I felt AMAZING! It was like someone put new batteries in my body! I am finally able to be happy and live life again! Truly a Miracle!"

Mich February 23, 2014

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on Synthroid only for 8 years after being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism . My dose was changed many times over that time frame by 4 different Endocrinologists but I still felt bad, weight gain, fogginess, depression, chronic fatigue you name it. 6 weeks ago I was put on 10 mcg of Cytomel by a new doc that I am seeing a 100 miles from my home town and I am happy to say for the first time in 8 years I have relief from my symptoms. I have lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks. I am happy not in a fog anymore and I have energy to enjoy life once again. The Cytomel made all the difference. "

Ash RN October 3, 2013

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been on this for a day and my aches and pains have subsided. I will not give it a 10 because I am not "perfect" yet. "

69me (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "This medication has been a life saver for me. I don't know if it works really well for depression or if I was hypothyroid but it has saved my life and I am so very thankful for it."

me2buc (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2012

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I had my thyroid removed 3 years ago. I have been on various T4 supplements since: Synthroid, levothyroxine, Tirosint and continued to complain of fatigue, fogginess, wt gain, achiness, shortness of breath at exercise. FINALLY switched doctors as my Indian doctor would not try Armour. The new nurse practitioner looked at my labs: high T4, nonexistent T3. She switched me back to Synthroid and decreased the dosage, then added, for the FIRST time, Cytomel (T3). Within 3 days I have noticed a HUGE difference. So happy and still know the time test. BUT, fog is lifting, energy level increasing, sleeping well, HAPPY. I am hoping this continues. Noticed a slight headache at first but not bad. Will continue to cautiously be excited that we are ON to something."

Bigi (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2012

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "My doctor and I tried every T4 medication out there, and although I felt better I still wasn't right. After 2 years he switched me to Cytomel and I immediately knew I had found the solution. All the hypo symptoms disappeared - constipation, depression, weight gain and exhaustion. My cholesterol dropped to 140... in fact, all my blood work is excellent. It's very discouraging to know you're doing everything right - diet, exercise, sleep - and not only do your lab numbers not respond, but doctors tend to think you're not telling them the truth. Finally found a doctor that believed me; finally found the right medication. Life is good!"

Anonymous November 2, 2010

201 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I have been taking Cytomel to compliment Synthroid for 2 days and my life has already changed for the better! I feel alive and my severe sweating and hot flashes have subsided - so far. I am SO VERY happy now."

Shoo October 6, 2010

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I've taken this medication for a month and I can say it has changed my life: more energy, more sex drive and losing weight. Only drawback was I get migraine headaches when I don't drink enough water. Drink lots of water with this medication."

Sunshine7580 September 29, 2010

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "Adding 10mcg of Cytomel to my T4 medicine was just what my body needed to clear up those lingering hypothyroid symptoms that just wouldn't go away, no matter how good my lab numbers looked or other healthy habits I developed. Doctors seem really hesitant to prescribe it, but if you're hypothyroid and T4 alone isn't working, your body just might need some T3."

Anonymous August 11, 2009

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I have been using Cytomel for 3 months. I had been on compounded T3 for 9 months, however I was experiencing increasingly severe hot flushes. Currently my hot flushes have decreased."

Sidekick October 8, 2008

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate