User Reviews for Cytomel

Learn more about Cytomel.

Cytomel Review Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal.

Reviews for Cytomel to treat Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal

"I had my thyroid removed 3 years ago. I have been on various T4 supplements since: Synthroid, levothyroxine, Tirosint and continued to complain of fatigue, fogginess, wt gain, achiness, shortness of breath at exercise. FINALLY switched doctors as my Indian doctor would not try Armour. The new nurse practitioner looked at my labs: high T4, nonexistent T3. She switched me back to Synthroid and decreased the dosage, then added, for the FIRST time, Cytomel (T3). Within 3 days I have noticed a HUGE difference. So happy and still know the time test. BUT, fog is lifting, energy level increasing, sleeping well, HAPPY. I am hoping this continues. Noticed a slight headache at first but not bad. Will continue to cautiously be excited that we are ON to something."

Bigi (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2012

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking Cytomel to compliment Synthroid for 2 days and my life has already changed for the better! I feel alive and my severe sweating and hot flashes have subsided - so far. I am SO VERY happy now."

Shoo October 6, 2010

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've taken this medication for a month and I can say it has changed my life: more energy, more sex drive and losing weight. Only drawback was I get migraine headaches when I don't drink enough water. Drink lots of water with this medication."

Sunshine7580 September 29, 2010

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been using Cytomel for 3 months. I had been on compounded T3 for 9 months, however I was experiencing increasingly severe hot flushes. Currently my hot flushes have decreased."

Sidekick October 8, 2008

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal