User Reviews for Tradjenta

Learn more about Tradjenta.

Tradjenta Review Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 110 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Tradjenta to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"I got metformin intolerance & was not believed by doctors so I took pics extremely heavy nose bleeding & so then they said stop metformin, take tradjenta 25mg with gliclazide 40mg twice a day. The Tradjenta took about two days to work, then I took it 3pm with blood sugars 8.2 and in one hour I got a drop to 4.3. Since then I have noticed afternoon headaches, dizzyness, back pain but still taking them as they reduce my blood sugar with effort, stop me dozing after eating. I do get slight tenderness around pancreas but usually stop the Tradjenta for two days & restart. I find the gliclazide irritates my pancreas and stomach more. Overall very good product shame we can only take once a day."

Mikeyoung June 28, 2015

"My blood sugar has slowly been decreasing. Each time I check it points are dropping. I'm pretty sure it's the medicine because I've not really changed anything else. My sugar is usually high hardly ever low so I'm more hyperglycemia."

Amy Buchanan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

"This broke my appetite especially for junk food. Lost weight at 5mg/day. Made neck skinny! Increases the potency of gliperide. Only take 2.5mg Trajenta and 5mg gliperide with pill cutter. 90-100 blood sugar with much decreased spikes after meals, almost as if it repaired my body's regulation. Exercise daily. Better than Metformin, can have 1 beer now. Gas is worst current issue (from gliperide)."

Newer Is Better (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2014

"Just started taking medication, been on it for three days. Have problems with diarrhea."

enne (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2013

"I have episodes of dizziness and extreme hunger. I'm waiting for my next doctor visit to discuss these. Other than that, I feel O.K."

serena46 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2013

"Using Tradjenta as a Byetta replacement. Byetta never lowered blood glucose but made me feel much better. Tradjenta similar to Byetta also gives me good energy and non-sick feeling. No feeling of constantly having to urinate. Not sleepy after meals. Take Tradjenta with metformin and have also used insulin Apidra, but insulin doesn't seem to help me much. Only on day 5 but noticed the positive effects after day one."

Dave666 March 18, 2013

"3 weeks now, so far no problems."

Lamoon March 13, 2013

"Have had stiff ankles, digestion problems, some vomiting, some dizziness, went to Doctor for sinus problems didn't need medicine but I think it is related to the Tradjenta, increase acne on face, cough and increased sinus drainage. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2012

"No problems taking this product."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2012

"A1C increased by almost 2 points (7.0 to 8.0)"

Anonymous July 26, 2012

"Interesting results which vary from day to day. Have had higher than usual blood sugar readings on some days. Have taken Tradjenta only 3 weeks. Deleted almost all carbs from diet and had better blood sugar results. 124 vs. 143 upon rising. Also eat an earlier dinner, and no snacking after dinner. Resulted in 124 reading in morning. Will take for a month and decide if I will continue."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2012

"After two weeks, increase in blood sugar by 50 and back pain from day one, I will finish this month and see."

Anonymous April 27, 2012

"Itching all over body then rash on eyelids. Very short of breath. "

Ann War March 28, 2012

"I've felt awful since using Tradjenta. Been on it for 6 days and my average glucose is up 30 mg/dl higher than normal."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

"My face has totally broken out and I never Breakout! Blood sugar still high. Dropped it just a free points. I would rather take a shot everyday that truly lowered it."

Anonymous January 16, 2012

"I have only been on it for about 4 days. I noticed I have been feeling dizzy. Not sure whats causing it. I take Tradjenta with Metformin. I am hoping this medicine works but saw something if your planning on becoming pregnant not to take it. Some days I wonder if insulin would be better."

Anonymous October 21, 2011

"Very interesting medicine. It has made a huge difference in the treatment of Diabetes mellitus. "

Anonymous September 14, 2011