Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 215 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation

Review by joltyness1:

I was prescribed Linzess for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the constipation that comes with it. After taking it daily for a week with good results, I got bad diarrhea. My doctor told me to only take it when needed instead of every day. I feel a lot better now that I'm not taking it every day. My only gripes are the diarrhea if I'm not careful and the very specific time of day I have to take it (in the morning at least 30 minutes before my first meal... kind of a pain for a busy working person). It's also pretty expensive, which gives me another reason to be glad I'm no longer taking it every day. Besides that, it's a huge relief to finally have regular bowel movements that aren't a strain to pass.

July 23, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by Not a fan (taken for less than 1 month):

A nurse practitioner gave me samples. I took one pill, cleaned me out within an hour. After that I had watery diarrhea all day. My head felt weird and I don't mean lightheadedness, I mean like something was wrong, like I just got abducted by aliens and they were trying to read my mind type feeling. Also when I went to sleep I had a nightmare about my one year old drowning. The last nightmare I had was in 2010 so something is clearly not right with me being on this medicine. I have not taken another pill since then.

July 13, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by Bdaniels7 (taken for less than 1 month):

I was hospitalized for a week because of a bout with diverticulitis. As a result, my intestines , so I was told, stopped pushing waste through. I was constipated for 3 weeks! My doctor gave me samples of Linzess. It was a miracle! I began having bowel movements on the first day! Some mild diarrhea, but I'm going and there is no cramping, no aches, no bloating. Amazing. I have had constipation issues for years, but not any more! I highly recommend trying it! Thanks Linzess!

July 11, 2014 7:31 AM

Review by Shun (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I love this medicine it's a miracle... very effective. Have battled constipation for a long time.

April 16, 2014 11:03 PM

Review by 31 year old female (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had irritable bowel syndrome with severe constipation for 16 years and this is the first medicine that I can say has truly worked for me. On the medicine I have diarrhea, bloating and a lot of gas but it definitely cleans me out. Hope to get past the gas and bloating once it gets in my system good. Only been taking it for 3 days.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2014 10:43 PM

Review by computergal (taken for less than 1 month):

I had abdominal surgery and was on opiods for the recovery period. I became constipated and finally gave in and took Linzess. It worked perfectly. I had a normal movement the next morning and had no side effects at all. As long as I take Linzess in the morning I am regular as clockwork.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 11:45 AM

Review by Black1978:

I've been on linzess for a couple of hours and this really works. No cramps or bloating.

January 10, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by KRA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome with constipation. My Dr. put me on Linzess 145. I was told to take it 30 minutes before my first meal. However, my schedule doesn't permit me to do so. I take it whenever my bowels are slowing down and I need some help (about once a week). Immediately I start feeling the effects, starting with gas, then painless bowels that I can literally feel my stomach emptying. On average It makes me go to the bathroom for 3 hours. It all depends on how much is in there. All in all, Love.

December 12, 2013 2:07 AM

Review by notrom22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This is a miracle. I have been very bad for 8 years. There was nothing more the doctors could do for me until this came out. I am off of all my other medicine now and just take 1 pill a day. I do like to take it at the end of the day after my dinner then I go before bed. Will not be without it ever again.

November 30, 2013 11:33 PM

Review by susie mae (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I took the med for a month it was fantastic, but no insurance so it was very expensive. So I am not taking it now. Again the the medicine is great. I didn't have any side effects, nor did I have loose stool.

July 18, 2013 6:29 PM

Review by ShelBel76:

I developed constipation when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and diverticulosis 2 years ago. I currently have samples from my gastro Dr. but prescription with my insurance it's $30. I was VERY constipated this morning and decided today was the day to try one of the samples. You have to take this medicine on an empty stomach. Popped pill, made breakfast and felt movement before I finished eating. Thought I would have diarrhea, but instead was smooth and normal. What a relief. It was about 30-40 mins from time I took pill to bowel motion. I think I will go fill my prescription now. Hope the rest of the day goes well and no side effects. I do hear mild gurgling. Also, I did add powdered fiber to my coffee because I made it before I decided to take medicine.

June 22, 2013 12:12 PM

Review by 26 year old female, ibs w/ constipation (taken for less than 1 month):

Been taking Linzess for 2 weeks now and everyday is watery stools.

May 9, 2013 9:33 PM

Review by Mike6101 (taken for less than 1 month):

Day three of 290 Linzess and nothing! X-rays, CT, ultrasound show no reason for the lack of bowel movements... just a LOT of stool... Week three of blowing up like a balloon and only eating Jello and clear broth..and gaining weight!

April 11, 2013 9:57 PM

Review by rogerlig (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Wonderful, very quick acting (like, two hours), so watch out for that. Solves the problem when all else fails. Expensive.

April 3, 2013 12:44 PM

Review by Conni (taken for less than 1 month):

After 20 years of constipation, and swallowing all the products on the market (MiraLax, Senakot, Phillips-ect), I think this Linzess product may be the answer. I have been on it for almost a week and today the diarrhea is gone. I notice that after I eat a meal, I get really bloated. I guess I need to give this medicine more time. I do hope this is my answer!

March 6, 2013 1:36 PM

Review by tattooedmomma:

Linzess has been wonderful for me. I developed a bad fissure and the over the counter options weren't working unless I didn't need to leave the house. With Linzess, I take it at 530, consume something at 600, and about 730 I'm finding relief. For me, it takes only 2 times, 15 minutes apart to feel empty, and then I'm okay the rest of the day usually. I've been able to tailor these bathroom trips around my schedule, and my fissure is finally healed without surgery. I haven't had any side effects as the watery stools I greatly appreciate. I love this stuff.

February 28, 2013 6:45 AM