User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 216 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation

"I have suffered for 40 years with constipation. I was taking Amitiza but I suffered from hair loss. So my Dr suggested Linzess. It took days to kick in and then it was out of control for at least an hour. I quickly began gaining weight, so I stopped the meds for a couple of months, dropped 8 lbs :) Well I decided to try the Linzess again to see if the weight gain was caused by something else....It was the Linzess 7 lbs in 8 days. I would rather drink mineral oil and drink Miralax instead of using this drug any more...Very Pricey."

Nicole Marie June 4, 2015

"I have been on this medication for one month in my constipation problem has been completely resolved. It is a true miracle."

marianf (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

"i'm 33 and as a result from taking medication for ADD for over 10 years, i've been unable to produce a regular bowel movement on my own/without having taking my ADD medication (Adderall). i finally decided to do the right thing for my health after my daughter was born. after seeing a local GI doctor, he recommended i get further testing to really determine my exact issue. unfortunately, seeing a specialist is rather costly & so, in the interim, i was prescribed Linzess. it's the first and ONLY thing that's consistently worked for me with minimal size effects. i do have hardcore diarrhea for an hour or so but it's far better than not EVER going to the bathroom at all. my breasts also seemed to be larger since taking this medication."

laurenfromsanmarcos February 24, 2015

"Weight gain very rapid. It'd rather deal with constipation than the weight gain. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2015

"I started the sample, after taking the 2nd bottle I now have relief, (diarrhea). I have been asked by my doctor to stop taking it."

naturally February 2, 2015

"I have been suffering from constipation since I had my lapband surgery. It's been horrible & after using Miralax for a while it stopped working yesterday I finally decided to take Linzess yesterday evening since I can't take in the morning due to my work schedule...wow it worked within 2 hours. It cleaned me out & even was still working in the morning. I probably will not take it on a regular basis due to how well it worked. I did have bloating and gas with the medication."

cleanedout (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2014

"I was prescribed Linzess for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the constipation that comes with it. After taking it daily for a week with good results, I got bad diarrhea. My doctor told me to only take it when needed instead of every day. I feel a lot better now that I'm not taking it every day. My only gripes are the diarrhea if I'm not careful and the very specific time of day I have to take it (in the morning at least 30 minutes before my first meal... kind of a pain for a busy working person). It's also pretty expensive, which gives me another reason to be glad I'm no longer taking it every day. Besides that, it's a huge relief to finally have regular bowel movements that aren't a strain to pass."

joltyness1 July 23, 2014

"A nurse practitioner gave me samples. I took one pill, cleaned me out within an hour. After that I had watery diarrhea all day. My head felt weird and I don't mean lightheadedness, I mean like something was wrong, like I just got abducted by aliens and they were trying to read my mind type feeling. Also when I went to sleep I had a nightmare about my one year old drowning. The last nightmare I had was in 2010 so something is clearly not right with me being on this medicine. I have not taken another pill since then. "

Not a fan (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2014

"I was hospitalized for a week because of a bout with diverticulitis. As a result, my intestines , so I was told, stopped pushing waste through. I was constipated for 3 weeks! My doctor gave me samples of Linzess. It was a miracle! I began having bowel movements on the first day! Some mild diarrhea, but I'm going and there is no cramping, no aches, no bloating. Amazing. I have had constipation issues for years, but not any more! I highly recommend trying it! Thanks Linzess!"

Bdaniels7 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2014

"I love this medicine it's a miracle... very effective. Have battled constipation for a long time."

Shun (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2014

"I have had irritable bowel syndrome with severe constipation for 16 years and this is the first medicine that I can say has truly worked for me. On the medicine I have diarrhea, bloating and a lot of gas but it definitely cleans me out. Hope to get past the gas and bloating once it gets in my system good. Only been taking it for 3 days."

31 year old female (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2014

"I had abdominal surgery and was on opiods for the recovery period. I became constipated and finally gave in and took Linzess. It worked perfectly. I had a normal movement the next morning and had no side effects at all. As long as I take Linzess in the morning I am regular as clockwork."

computergal (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2014

"I've been on linzess for a couple of hours and this really works. No cramps or bloating."

Black1978 January 10, 2014

"I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome with constipation. My Dr. put me on Linzess 145. I was told to take it 30 minutes before my first meal. However, my schedule doesn't permit me to do so. I take it whenever my bowels are slowing down and I need some help (about once a week). Immediately I start feeling the effects, starting with gas, then painless bowels that I can literally feel my stomach emptying. On average It makes me go to the bathroom for 3 hours. It all depends on how much is in there. All in all, Love."

KRA (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2013

"This is a miracle. I have been very bad for 8 years. There was nothing more the doctors could do for me until this came out. I am off of all my other medicine now and just take 1 pill a day. I do like to take it at the end of the day after my dinner then I go before bed. Will not be without it ever again."

notrom22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2013

"I took the med for a month it was fantastic, but no insurance so it was very expensive. So I am not taking it now. Again the the medicine is great. I didn't have any side effects, nor did I have loose stool."

susie mae (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2013

"I developed constipation when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and diverticulosis 2 years ago. I currently have samples from my gastro Dr. but prescription with my insurance it's $30. I was VERY constipated this morning and decided today was the day to try one of the samples. You have to take this medicine on an empty stomach. Popped pill, made breakfast and felt movement before I finished eating. Thought I would have diarrhea, but instead was smooth and normal. What a relief. It was about 30-40 mins from time I took pill to bowel motion. I think I will go fill my prescription now. Hope the rest of the day goes well and no side effects. I do hear mild gurgling. Also, I did add powdered fiber to my coffee because I made it before I decided to take medicine."

ShelBel76 June 22, 2013

"Been taking Linzess for 2 weeks now and everyday is watery stools."

26 year old female, ibs w/ constipation (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2013

"Day three of 290 Linzess and nothing! X-rays, CT, ultrasound show no reason for the lack of bowel movements... just a LOT of stool... Week three of blowing up like a balloon and only eating Jello and clear broth..and gaining weight!"

Mike6101 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2013

"Wonderful, very quick acting (like, two hours), so watch out for that. Solves the problem when all else fails. Expensive."

rogerlig (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2013

"After 20 years of constipation, and swallowing all the products on the market (MiraLax, Senakot, Phillips-ect), I think this Linzess product may be the answer. I have been on it for almost a week and today the diarrhea is gone. I notice that after I eat a meal, I get really bloated. I guess I need to give this medicine more time. I do hope this is my answer!"

Conni (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2013

"Linzess has been wonderful for me. I developed a bad fissure and the over the counter options weren't working unless I didn't need to leave the house. With Linzess, I take it at 530, consume something at 600, and about 730 I'm finding relief. For me, it takes only 2 times, 15 minutes apart to feel empty, and then I'm okay the rest of the day usually. I've been able to tailor these bathroom trips around my schedule, and my fissure is finally healed without surgery. I haven't had any side effects as the watery stools I greatly appreciate. I love this stuff."

tattooedmomma February 28, 2013