User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 219 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation

"I've suffered from constipation for most of my life, I started using Linzess about 2 months ago and it's prevented me from getting in the shape that I was in but I don't feel as if it's regulating me nor cleansing my bowels. I can't take it as directed because I work in the AM. Every dose I take it bloats me and I'll have either a lot of explosive diarrhea or no bowel moments at all. I'm thankful for the relieve it gives me but I'm afraid I'm getting use to the medicine and my body isn't reacting to is as it did in the beginning. But I do know that when taken as directed with lots of water the Linzess works a lot better. :)"

Linzess User (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2016

"I am allergic to this product against the skin rashes stuffed up sinuses headache puffy eyes Redskin uncontrol sneezing dry mouth sore throat achy all over and vomiting"

ALHAWEB (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

"A bowel movement occurs about an hour to two hours after taking the drug. It is a complete bowel movement and relieves the constipation. I suggest taking a full glass of water with it to get your system going before breakfast"

Ton Terrific (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2015

"Makes you go with 3-5 hours of diarrhea. Also have severe cramps/abdominal pain. May take this once in a while as it does clean the system. Will not take daily due to severe pain about 10 hours after taking the pill"

Me123234 October 27, 2015

"Had a weeks sample of Linzess 290 after feeling backed up and having small hard bms for a year. Definitely did the job when taken as directed. Cons would be the "oh no I may poop myself in public" feeling, which happened a few times, and realizing not to take it if you have nothing in your gut from the previous day. My gut actually started feeling normal for the first time ever. Took a week to get a prescription, and my symptoms immediately returned. Restarted the script, which again works nearly immediately. Although this time around, maybe just by chance, I developed my first cold in 13 years, with symptoms start in the day I restarted Linzess . Now I am riding that out. Plan to continue med as long as this cold disappears."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

"Yesterday got samples from my G I doctor for Linzess, took it this afternoon 30 minutes before eating anything, had a yogurt then got very bad cramps, pains and bloating within 1 hr of taking it. Its now hours later and I have been having very bad runs . Will not be taking this medicine anymore. Calling doctor yo let her know the bad side effects."

Mar K October 2, 2015

"I have had constipation for almost two weeks, so my doctor gave me linzess in the 290 mcg dose. I was a little nervous about taking the medication, so I took the pamphlet out of the bottle packaging to read the side effects. The only serious side effects listed were diarrhea and stomach pain. So, I took ONE pill. In the matter of thirty minutes I was reacting with hives and was having a serious reaction, I felt completely loopy and I wasn't able to function properly. As I went to the emergency room, my sister notices it says hives as a rare and serious side effect of this drug on web sites only. NOTHING WAS LISTED ON THE BOTTLE! I don't trust this drug, and it didn't even help me go to the bathroom. I do not recommend this drug to anyone."

Kate 0302 September 27, 2015

"I literally want to kiss the person who invented Linzess!! It saved my life from feeling miserable from constipation. It truly is a miracle drug. I only now take it once or twice a week now, but it's certainly the price to feel good again! Thank you a billion times!"

Janny g August 23, 2015

"IBS-C taking herbs off and on for years. Started taking it in am before eating. I'm busy all day and don't eat until around 2pm- 4pm so this did nothing for me. She said to take it later with food. This caused me to interrupt my work day with a couple hour "break", Tried again in evening with food if I remembered to take it by 5pm and it was great. I would be able to go before bedtime, however take it too late, up for hours - not a pleasant experience. This May I stopped taking it, just herbs and tea now. I'm convinced it ruined my hair. I'm really small and have ADHD, so I need my vitamins and what food I eat to be absorbed into me, this stripped me of nutrients."

Heth July 23, 2015

"Got sample from my MD and was told to take one capsule each day. On the day that I received them I took as prescribed... 30 minutes before meal. I waited exactly that 30 minutes before I had lunch and 2 hours later I was no longer constipated. No side affects with my one dose."

G eyes July 15, 2015

"I was prescribed this drug due to chronic constipation due to hyperparathyroid. It helps most days, but only if I take Senokot the evening before. On its own, it didn't work well. I cramp badly all day until I get relief."

cMonster (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2015

"I am on methadone maintenance. I have been on it for years. It causes serious constipation for me. I had to manually pull it out! pain, bloating, you name it. My Dr gave me samples of Linzess. I took it at 2pm, and just took a seriously satisfying poop . Miracle drug. No side effects, yet. I strongly recommend for anyone chronically constipated."

ChronicConstipated (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

"I have suffered for 40 years with constipation. I was taking Amitiza but I suffered from hair loss. So my Dr suggested Linzess. It took days to kick in and then it was out of control for at least an hour. I quickly began gaining weight, so I stopped the meds for a couple of months, dropped 8 lbs :) Well I decided to try the Linzess again to see if the weight gain was caused by something else....It was the Linzess 7 lbs in 8 days. I would rather drink mineral oil and drink Miralax instead of using this drug any more...Very Pricey."

Nicole Marie June 4, 2015

"I have been on this medication for one month in my constipation problem has been completely resolved. It is a true miracle."

marianf (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

"i'm 33 and as a result from taking medication for ADD for over 10 years, i've been unable to produce a regular bowel movement on my own/without having taking my ADD medication (Adderall). i finally decided to do the right thing for my health after my daughter was born. after seeing a local GI doctor, he recommended i get further testing to really determine my exact issue. unfortunately, seeing a specialist is rather costly & so, in the interim, i was prescribed Linzess. it's the first and ONLY thing that's consistently worked for me with minimal size effects. i do have hardcore diarrhea for an hour or so but it's far better than not EVER going to the bathroom at all. my breasts also seemed to be larger since taking this medication."

laurenfromsanmarcos February 24, 2015

"Weight gain very rapid. It'd rather deal with constipation than the weight gain. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2015

"I started the sample, after taking the 2nd bottle I now have relief, (diarrhea). I have been asked by my doctor to stop taking it."

naturally February 2, 2015

"I have been suffering from constipation since I had my lapband surgery. It's been horrible & after using Miralax for a while it stopped working yesterday I finally decided to take Linzess yesterday evening since I can't take in the morning due to my work schedule...wow it worked within 2 hours. It cleaned me out & even was still working in the morning. I probably will not take it on a regular basis due to how well it worked. I did have bloating and gas with the medication."

cleanedout (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2014

"I was prescribed Linzess for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the constipation that comes with it. After taking it daily for a week with good results, I got bad diarrhea. My doctor told me to only take it when needed instead of every day. I feel a lot better now that I'm not taking it every day. My only gripes are the diarrhea if I'm not careful and the very specific time of day I have to take it (in the morning at least 30 minutes before my first meal... kind of a pain for a busy working person). It's also pretty expensive, which gives me another reason to be glad I'm no longer taking it every day. Besides that, it's a huge relief to finally have regular bowel movements that aren't a strain to pass."

joltyness1 July 23, 2014

"A nurse practitioner gave me samples. I took one pill, cleaned me out within an hour. After that I had watery diarrhea all day. My head felt weird and I don't mean lightheadedness, I mean like something was wrong, like I just got abducted by aliens and they were trying to read my mind type feeling. Also when I went to sleep I had a nightmare about my one year old drowning. The last nightmare I had was in 2010 so something is clearly not right with me being on this medicine. I have not taken another pill since then. "

Not a fan (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2014

"I was hospitalized for a week because of a bout with diverticulitis. As a result, my intestines , so I was told, stopped pushing waste through. I was constipated for 3 weeks! My doctor gave me samples of Linzess. It was a miracle! I began having bowel movements on the first day! Some mild diarrhea, but I'm going and there is no cramping, no aches, no bloating. Amazing. I have had constipation issues for years, but not any more! I highly recommend trying it! Thanks Linzess!"

Bdaniels7 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2014

"I love this medicine it's a miracle... very effective. Have battled constipation for a long time."

Shun (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2014

"I have had irritable bowel syndrome with severe constipation for 16 years and this is the first medicine that I can say has truly worked for me. On the medicine I have diarrhea, bloating and a lot of gas but it definitely cleans me out. Hope to get past the gas and bloating once it gets in my system good. Only been taking it for 3 days."

31 year old female (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2014

"I had abdominal surgery and was on opiods for the recovery period. I became constipated and finally gave in and took Linzess. It worked perfectly. I had a normal movement the next morning and had no side effects at all. As long as I take Linzess in the morning I am regular as clockwork."

computergal (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2014

"I've been on linzess for a couple of hours and this really works. No cramps or bloating."

Black1978 January 10, 2014