Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Constipation, Chronic.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation, Chronic

Review by Cww (taken for less than 1 month):

This worked fast and worked extreme. While it did help with the colon spasms it gave me severe diarrhea and abdominal cramping. I was waking in the middle of the night having to urgently use the toilet. This medicine does work, it's just not for me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 11:06 AM

Review by brangelina (taken for less than 1 month):

I am a 70-year old female who has had a chronic problem with colonic inertia for many years and have done the water-fiber thing, eating healthy, exercise, various laxatives, enemas -- you name it. Not only did these measures not help much but I was always having abdominal pain, bloating, heartburn and just not enjoying eating anymore. I was placed on Linzess and have taken 2 pills thus far and I think I am experiencing a miracle. I have a full and complete Bowel Motion with normal cramping and no more suffering with bloating and cramping during the day. I just pray it continues and my body doesn't get used to it and stop working.

April 9, 2015 1:12 PM

Review by AvaJean:

I have been taking this for a little over a month, and I am extremely happy. I have suffered from chronic constipation my entire life. Since on this medication, I have regular bowel movements and less cramping and bloating. It does make me drowsy, so I now take it before I go to bed. I take one at night and by the morning, I am able to go.

April 1, 2015 8:48 PM

Review by The Runner (taken for less than 1 month):

First day, first dose. Bowel urgency greater than I ever could imagine. If I want to have the contents of my bowels liquefied, I can take magnesium citrate. I'm nauseous and I have a headache. I'll have to only take it on days when I am close to a private toilet.

April 1, 2015 12:45 AM

Review by loisie (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had severe constipation all my life. Was taking over the counter laxatives daily to go too the bathroom so I decided to talk to my Dr. about prescription laxative, she gave me Linzess. Well I have been on Linzess for a week now. Mornings are such a breeze. I take Linzess 145mg a half hour before meal and have a elimination with in 2 hours or less. This medicine is a miracle for me.

March 27, 2015 11:57 AM

Review by StephanieHappy:

I have used Linzess for one year and feel much better. I have not missed work or had an ER visit due to pain. I have not missed a family event and sleep all night.

March 22, 2015 1:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

This medicine is everything. I take this and within an hour I'm in the bathroom. Once I take the pill I drink a whole bottle of water and it helps a whole lot better. Usually go 2-3 times when I take the medicine. This medicine has saved my life.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 6:13 PM

Review by BB88 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have suffered from chronic constipation since my mom said I was in diapers. I will go up to 2 weeks without movement when on no medication. I started on Amitiza 10 years ago, learned how to deal with the side effects, but still hated the nauseousness they cause. I asked my doctor to switch me to Linzess even though she hasn't had any patients on it yet, and so far I LOVE IT! No terrible side effects. Yes I get diarrhea on it, but that is common for any medication I take for CIC. I'll take diarrhea over constipation any day. No stomach pain, no bloating, no water retention!

February 25, 2015 12:58 PM

Review by GI nurse:

I have severe chronic idiopathic constipation. And Lizness usually works within 2-3 hours after taking it. It doesn't work every time but if it works 2 times a week then I'm happy. Without it I only had a Bowel Motion once a month at the most. And that's after using magnesium citrate.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2015 9:43 PM

Review by Vicki in Buffalo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Low dose worked great but after samples were done and coupon used I was asked to pay 286 dollars for a 30 day supply with my auto worker retiree medical plan. Back to constipation it seems...TOO EXPENSIVE.

January 31, 2015 8:31 AM

Review by Flip4me62 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have suffered for a year with severe gastro problems that landed me in the emergency room 3 times and a ride in the ambulance. This medicine is a miracle but can cause severe diarrhea (like stay close to the bathroom and don't leave your house till you adjust). It is a miracle medication and has greatly improved the quality of my life.

January 17, 2015 2:31 PM

Review by First Week User (taken for less than 1 month):

Same as others here, constipation for 20 years (currently in my 40s). I'd go weeks without a movement, became terribly ill. Laxatives caused intense cramping, nausea and fainting, so when Miralax came out I was thrilled. 5 years later on the Miralax almost daily, my doctor suggested the Linzess. Started samples (245mg) until I could fill my (145mg) script, and I don't recommend the higher dose - terrible cramping, nausea and unpredictable movements. After starting the 145mg dose, I'm doing much better, with a very productive movement (or 2!!) every day, but I'm disappointed. I'm fairly torn to shreds with fissures from hard, forceful movements. Hoping for improvement soon!

January 7, 2015 9:17 AM

Review by DC211:

Was prescribed Linzess for chronic constipation. Within 6 days I gained 7 pounds. When you're only 120 pounds, 7 is great! I'm an extremely active person and healthy eater. Thought it was water weight from the medicine, but been off the medicine for over a week and still weigh the same. Wish I had seen all the posts online about rapid and stubborn weight gain prior to taking the it!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by 67usaf:

Began taking the 145MCG at first it worked great then after a few times not so great. Doctor suggested I take two pills a day (290MCG total). That worked much better. I skip some days if I'm going to be away from home or far from a bathroom. This stuff works great but at least for me I have to plan my activities around the dosage.

January 2, 2015 8:59 AM

Review by Janice33:

This has been a life saver for me. I've had several bouts of diverticulitis and my gastroenterologist referred me to a surgeon for a consult. I asked for a trial of Linzess. Immediately I had relief. It worked "too well" in the beginning (stayed close to bathroom entire a.m.). Now I use 145 dose daily and I am fine. So grateful for Linzess!

December 30, 2014 7:22 AM

Review by Maejoe (taken for less than 1 month):

Wonderful, works in about one hour.

December 27, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by ssc6399:

I'm 27.. have suffered from chronic constipation for almost 12 years now. Was diagnosed 6 years ago. Went through total hell and back when I was diagnosed. Over the past four years I went from taking 2 capfuls of Miralax to 6...daily. My whole life revolves around my stomach issue. I'm on my 3rd day of Linzess... have already cut my dosage of Miralax over half. Hope to be totally off it of it soon. So far Linzess is the answer to my prayers. Anyone looking for an alternative should definitely give it a try. Bowel movements are loose but always are.. nothing new. They do come on quick within a couple of hours of taking the medication.. be close to a bathroom to see how it affects you. Super happy about Linzess!

December 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by finallyasolution (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been chronically constipated for as long as I can remember. My parents would give me suppositories as a toddler and prescription medicines to help ease my struggle. Eventually, I moved onto taking gross amounts of Miralax every night in hopes of softening stools that had only ever been rock-hard. This worked as a stool softener, but didn't help to give me the urge to ever use the restroom. I started taking Amitiza, which came with its side effects: bloating, headaches, nausea, and cramping. Finally, my gastro doctor turned me onto Linzess. So far, I've been using it for a week and have NEVER been more regular in my life. Mornings are a breeze...this medicine is life changing.

November 29, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by LIfetimeSufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months):

From infancy to my 50's, I've used it all- phenothalein laxatives, castor oil, fiber, Miralax, enemas, bisacodyl, exercise, hydration, Zelnorm while it was available, and on and on. Only the phenothalien/old Ex-lax formula laxatives and Zelnorm were of use. Phenothalien also required drinking 8-16 ounces more fluid when you were already congested, adding painfully to existing distension and then needing to wait up to hours. Since that laxative was removed from the US market in the 2000's, availability now is very limited; Zelnorm was recalled by the FDA for strokes and cardiac issues (and did cause punch-in-the-gut cramping.) LInzess is amazing, reliable, no pain, some diarrhea, but complete control and great increased quality of life!!!

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 6:47 PM

Review by aamash:

it didn't help me!!still constipated I take the 145 mcg.

November 22, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by Ralfel Cuban:

This medication is awesome. I was experiencing difficulty going to the bathroom. My bowels felt locked up inside of me causing great discomfort. I was in so much pain my wife drove me to do the doctor ASAP the same day and I was given this medication. After taking the medication, three hours later my bowels moved and I did not have to strain and feel the discomfort. Thank God for this medication. It is awesome!

November 20, 2014 10:17 PM

Review by Markiemarkmark:

Have had Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation since early adulthood. I am now 59. I have a Great Gastro Dr. A few years back, he put me on Amitiza it kinda helped, but not much. About 6 weeks ago he put me on Linezz. It is a miracle, in the beginning it did cause diarrhea and runny stools... at 2 weeks. After that and up to this morning I take the low dose 1 hour before breakfast, and now for the first time, I have normal bowel motion.

November 18, 2014 7:52 AM

Review by Renf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Works great. First relief in many years. I thank the developers every day.

November 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Review by highly satisfied:

I normally suffered with occasional constipation. Sometimes I cried I when I can't go. One night I was watching TV and I saw this advertisement about Linzess, immediately I started doing some research about it and to my surprise I didn't know that so much folks suffered from constipation like I do. I went up my Doc and asked her to prescribed it for me. I just picked it up from the pharmacy yesterday and the instructions say to take on an empty stomach. I took it first thing this morning around 8:00 am and I just have my first Bowel Motion in 4 days. Time is now 9:00pm. Thanks to Linzess.

November 11, 2014 9:07 PM

Review by TummyTrouble2:

I've had stomach issues for most of my life (I'm 41) and have tried "everything," with no reliable consistency. I've tried the OTC medicines, Miralax worked for some time then stopped. Suppositories once a week had become my only source of bowel motions. I took Amitiza for 6 weeks, with no positive results. I took 2 doses of Linzess and Boy! I spent the next 6 hours in the bathroom. Not fun. I even had to step out, mid-shower, conditioner in my hair, to use the bathroom more! And cramps, oh the cramps. This is my 2nd week with the samples my Dr. gave me. I took a pill yesterday...and the same cramps and episode occurred. Didn't last as long but hurt as much. I am sore this morning; my stomach hurts. I will continue with Linzess, it works.

November 4, 2014 12:18 PM