User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Constipation, Chronic.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation, Chronic

Review by kidd93 (taken for less than 1 month):

I love how this medicine cleans me out. But you must know you need to be near a restroom because it works fast. I go everyday now and no heartburn anymore or bloating. Love this medicine.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 12:57 PM

Review by IBS-c (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Best stuff to help with irritable bowel syndrome-C! I take it everyday and have noticed the diarrhea subside and have "regular" bowel movements after two weeks. If you take it each day and not "as needed" you'll notice a huge difference.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by KAR, INDY:

Linzess is a wonderful medicine. Provides optimal relief of chronic constipation within hours of ingesting it, without any cramping that I have experienced with similar medicines & over the counter laxatives!

October 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Review by JMcLovin (taken for less than 1 month):

I am a healthy type one diabetic who in November of 2011 completed my first marathon. That changed in May 2011 when I was diagnosed with gastroparesis. I've been hospitalized 32 times since then and suffer chronic constipation that, like every one else here, couldn't fix it. It is the most miserable feeling in the world. Clothes don't fit, painful itchy hemorrhoids that cause embarrassing bleeding through my clothes, and hours in the bathroom. I've been on the medicine for two weeks and it's an absolute miracle! I started at 290mcg and realized I could handle 145mcg. The lower dose allows me to have a regular schedule and no accidents. If I feel like I'm backing up at all I go to 290 for a day or two.

October 1, 2014 6:44 AM

Review by sajanette (taken for less than 1 month):

Just started last week. So far I love it. I have been going for colonics every 10 days just to empty because I could no longer do it myself. My doctor even suggested removing my large intestine due to nerve damage and lack of motility. I am so glad I tried this drug first. I take it at bedtime and I do get up a few hours later and have watery stools but I will take that over getting up all night and pushing myself inside out with no results. A lot of people writing about how it interferes with their mornings so maybe they should take it at a different time and that may help. I never knew that so many people had the same exact problems with constipation like me. Thank you to everybody who took time to post. I don't feel so alone now.

September 23, 2014 3:18 PM

Review by crazy life (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm 41 years old, and I've been constipated my entire life, since Child hood. Now I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, and take narcotics. I push and push until I almost pass out. I become lightheaded and finally after pushing for 15/20 minutes I tear and Bleed. My Dr. gave me samples of Linzess and it's changed my life. I do have some some runny stool, but I would go through that any day. Constipation would cause me to get blisters in my mouth, I no longer get them. I'm a different person. My life was miserable before. Many many years my life was a nightmare. Now I feel human. Love this medication.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 30, 2014 1:36 PM

Review by Lisaintoronto (taken for 1 to 6 months):

After seeing so many bad reviews of this medicine, it almost stopped me from picking it up from the pharmacy (considering the cost) but I am so happy I did. When I take it it cleans me out with no pain, gas or bloating that I would get from other laxatives. If you have a job or somewhere to be during the day I would not take it in the morning. I am at home with my kids so I follow the morning schedule and within 2-3 hours it takes effect with frequent trips to the bathroom that last for about an hour. On days that I have plans I simply time the medication to kick in when I know I'll be home. I will take a planned one hour bathroom break over feeling constipated and disgusting any day! Take every second day considering how well it cleans you.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by Linzizi:

My doctor gave me Linzess samples and so far it is helping alot. I dont have as much discomfort in my stomach, and less burping and farting. However I did have a VERY embarrassing situation happen when I was walking my dogs one morning, I had no feeling I had to go at all, and just coughed, and out came a liquid mess. SO...overall I like the medicine but the diarrhea can be severe and unexpected. I have never had this happen before!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by Caitcakes:

I have been constipated for YEARS. Since I was about 16, and I'm now 24. I tried everything from changing what I ate to fiber gimmies and drink mixes, two laxatives, and vegetable laxatives, milk of magnesia, I even drank magnesium citrate. It has been a constant struggle with bloating and cramping. I could gain up to 5 pounds and I was constipated for more than a week, and that even made fitting in my clothes difficult! Send using Lindzess I am never constipated!! I take it every other day, and that is enough for me. My movements aren't hard, but they aren't diarrhea either...play with it and take it as you need it, but it surely is a miracle pill.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2014 11:20 AM

Review by MissJaCinda:

I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation 15 years ago and severely suffered with constipation since then. On average I would do a bowel motion once every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks....no exaggeration. I requested a colonoscopy after a friend of mine suddenly died of colon cancer at the age of 31. Year ago my PCP introduced me to Linzess. It took a month for my body to adjust. I do have occasional diarrhea with it but I will take it over constipation any day! It's been a year and I am down to taking it once a week and rather then have a bowel motion once or twice a month. I go once or twice a day lawlessly with no issues whatsoever. It has acted almost like a cure for my condition. Thank GOD for Linzess!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 12:02 PM

Review by Betart:

I have had constipation problems for years. Before Linzess, I was taking up to 6 different medications to try to go and then it would hit with a vengeance and last all day long. I couldn't work a full time job because of it. I was miserable all of the time with bloating, cramping and nausea. I have only been on it a week and I already feel so much better. I now have bowel movements like normal people. Yes, there is some diarrhea, but I think I am still getting used to it. If the diarrhea gets bad, I will cut back to every other day. But, I will talk to my doctor first.

June 28, 2014 7:18 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been constipated for over 20 years. Recently I started having stomach pains, after one week of discomfort I went to the ER. They took a flat plate x-ray and concluded that I should see my doctor right away. The doctor prescribed Linzess 145 mcg, He give me samples for 16 days and a prescription to fill, after taking 1/day for 6 days I called the doctor, and he instructed me to take 2, (290 mcg) It worked like a miracle, so I took it for 2 days, and went back to taking 1/day, and this time with the same results like when I took 2 caps. This is amazing and without any side effects. But I am unable to purchase it, because it is too expensive.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by Ella M (taken for less than 1 month):

I tried a sample of Linzess 154mg for chronic constipation/ tortuous colon/ IBS-C I was told it might take 4 days to work. I took it 1 hour before breakfast and 2-3 hours later I was cleaned out. It was gentle (not urgent) no cramps. However the thirst and head ache from dehydration lasted ALL day. Toward the end of the day I couldn't get enough water and I couldn't physically drink anymore water. Living in hot humid weather did not help. I wish the dose was smaller. I can deal with a little bit of thirst but I could not stay hydrated on this medication and it did not improve my quality of life. I may try taking in the early evening so I can sleep through the 8 hours of dehydration and see if that is tolerable but can't take this daily.

June 22, 2014 7:50 AM

Review by trago (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have suffered with chronic constipation for at least 5 years, I always assumed it was caused by pain medication and opiates. I started methadone treatment about 10 months ago and the constipation got worse. I tried laxatives, stool softeners, drinking tons of water, eating everything I could that gave me fiber in my diet, nothing was helping. It got so bad that going to the bathroom was something I feared. I found myself doing an enema every 2 days. Then they stopped working. I talked to my doctor and he gave me Linzess and about 3 days after the first pill I went to the bathroom. No pain, no constipation it was amazing. I've been taking Linzess for a month now and everything seems normal again. Linzess is my miracle pill.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 1:20 PM

Review by DEEDEE SUE:

I started Linsezz and within about 5 days, it worked for me. Actually I got very loose bowels, but it was working. Within a couple more days, I felt sick, very weak and tired, I almost felt like I was drugged and could feel my head moving back and forth. This happened for two days. I stopped it for a day or two and was fine. I took it again, and the same thing happened. I had to get in bed and sleep it off. Tired, felt weird. I stopped taking it.

May 19, 2014 12:54 AM

Review by Mac1021 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Alright so I'll give you the full on details. It works great for me but you definitely don't want to be out of reach of a toilet within an hour after eating because you Have To Go. I suffer from severe constipation, I used to only go to the bathroom once every week and my pain from being so bloated just got ridiculous. Linzess really helps, even if I forget to take it for a few days and get backed up, it works to flush me out. Haha. I know. But still don't know what I would do without it because laxatives are Not good.

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by RLZ123 (taken for less than 1 month):

I honestly didn't realize that I was constipated because I would have a bowel motion once a day. I went into the GI for a different issue and when I left I was told I was actually, "full of poop" and that is why I was having the initial issue. Since being on the medication I do not feel bloated or achy anymore, something I hadn't really paid attention to, to begin with. But, with this medication I actually GO to the bathroom like I should. I workout everyday - running, cardio, weight training... and this has made it a little difficult for that. Just because I like to work out in the morning and that is actually the worst part of the day for me with this medication. I will continue taking this just because it makes me feel so much better!

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2014 2:52 PM

Review by paczkibee:

I have suffered with constipation for most of my life. Nothing helped until Linzess became available. I have a daily bowel motion and feel really good. Only side effect is a little gassiness.

April 24, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by FANCYCAT 55 YEARS OLD:

Linzess is awesome. I love it! I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome and chronic constipation, I have had for years and nothing worked. I have been miserable. I used to take zelnorm and it worked good and they took it off the market. My stomach felt like clogged pipes. I have tried everything. My doctor prescribed linzess to me yesterday. I took 1 last night at 9:30 and by 11:30 my stomach was churning and I got up and went to the bathroom and I totally cleaned out with no pain. I never want to be without this, it works. I have a waist line now. I give it a big 10. Thank you.

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 10:33 AM

Review by franny9564 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have suffered with irritable bowel syndrome for 45 years. Different medicines worked for short periods but quit. Linzess has greatly improved my days but the cost keeps me from taking it daily so it must be taken sparingly.

April 10, 2014 1:38 PM

Review by Maggiejozi:

I've had chronic constipation for as long as I can remember. Tried eating more fiber and drinking more water and that just makes things worse. Prescribed the 145 and took it in the morning. Nothing for the first 4 days then remembered my doc said that some of her patients had better luck taking it at night. It worked great then. Some times I have diarrhea but not always. The only downside is unpredictability. I will take this over constipation any day. Other then diarrhea, I have no side affects. So give it a try at night if you aren't having luck in the morning.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2014 9:31 PM

Review by LJalmostB:

I began taking medication for my thyroid about a year ago. Prior to that I NEVER had issues with constipation. I was an "at least once-a-day goer" and happy about it. The various medications I started REALLY messed me up. I would go DAYS without a bowel movement and I FELT TERRIBLE. I was not made for this. A tried every over the counter medication, both natural and not, that you can imagine. Nothing would work. About 40 days ago my doctor prescribed me Linzess and I have gone *almost* every day since. It almost ALWAYS loose stool, however I sometimes even have to run to the restroom. But I will take that over constipation ANY day. One other drawback is that my stomach is VERY loud when I'm on it. Quiet rooms, quiet meetings...

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by computergal (taken for less than 1 month):

Tried to get my husband to take this since it came out in January. I was tired of him moping around the house taking laxatives. He has opioid induced constipation of the worst kind. He finally gave in and tried this and says it is a miracle. It worked within 3 hours and did the job. It also did it smoothly without pain. He will be taking it regularly from now on. He had to pay $30 copay with our insurance.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2014 9:00 PM

Review by mrs jojoxo:

I've been battling chronic constipation, and with that a 50lb weight gain over the past several years. I also have leukemia so the medicines make the constipation 10x worse. I tried the lower dose Linzess and nothing (I was so constipated that the bowel prep for the colonoscopy did not work at all. Took 2 tries). So my doctor upped the dose on the Linzess to the 290 and I love it. I haven't felt this "empty" in years and its motivated me to eat healthier since I have dropped 10lbs in one week. Be sure to drink a lot of water! Also, if works differently on everyone so when first taking it....be sure you will be near a bathroom. I will take the extra bathroom trips over horrendous constipation any day! It works for those gaining weight.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 9:04 AM

Review by grammielisa:

I've been on Linzess 290 for a couple of weeks. It does work for me. I go at least once a day now, as opposed to 2 x a week. BUT, it does make me extremely tired, and weak, and without much appetite. I've gone from a size ladies 14 down to a size 4, and I keep losing. The doctor wants me to see a nutritionist, maybe this will help.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2014 2:17 PM