User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess Review Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Constipation, Chronic.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation, Chronic

"I have been taking this for a week now. It worked the first time I took it. But now 6 days later, I still can't go. I take it at the same time daily, with water, and before meals to no avail. I am disappointed it doesn't work as I am running out of options."

Colonel Meow September 1, 2015

"I was referred to GI Dr. due to years of constipation and unproductive trial after trial of every over the counter medication and whollistic remedy known to man, I surrendered and began taking approximately 4 times the suggested dose of OTC stimulant laxative. This went on for 3-4 years and I knew I was dehydrating when began to have cotton eye- (like cotton mouth). So my GI doc prescribed linzess and it worked right away but unfortunately I didn't know it! Its weird, I had none of the normal sensations of a bowel movement but SHWOOSH there it was and there was no stopping it! It was too late before I even felt anything! Thank God I was home! I have a sensitive awareness of my body and its processes so its not like I have no feeling either"

Iluvtopoo August 25, 2015

"First off I would like to say that the majority of people not having a good experience with Linzess are not taking it properly. Following my doctors orders which were also labeled on the packaging from the pharmacy, Linzess 145mg works perfect for me. I have suffered from chronic constipation since I was a young girl and now I have a bowl movement every morning! A few things to keep in mind: Linzess takes 2 weeks to cycle through your body before it will work properly. Get through the 1st two weeks and it's great. I do have watery stools every morning. Always take it in the a.m. 30 mins prior to breakfast w/ a full glass of water. I allow 2 hours for Linzess to work through my system. So plan accordingly!"

Nny August 22, 2015

"crapped my pants on linzess smallest dose. Doctors don't warn patients about fecal incontinence which is too bad. Don't say you weren't warned! Wear depends underwear if you take this drug."

BM lover (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2015

"Tried linzess for about three months after fighting insurance company to cover. It worked well for that time, similar to once popular zelnorm. However at the third month, I bloated out all over my body. This was listed as a side effect so I stopped taking it and returned to align. Too bad!"

Concha2 August 18, 2015

"Severe bloating , abdominal pains. When it does work , I get diarrhea along with cramps. I actually think this made me more constipated."

LH62 August 13, 2015

"My doctor gave me a coupon for the first month free then after that my co pay was $30 through my insurance. The medicine does not work consistently some days I don't have a bowel movement while other days I have severe diarrhea but it beats being chronically constipated. I take the medicine at night and usually next day in afternoon or evening have bowel movement. It took a few days for it to kick in. Then stopped taking it due to diarrhea then got constipated again. I take it consistently now."

Jojo139 August 12, 2015

"Rapid weight gain 7 pounds in one week. Bloating and gas that I couldn't control."

Angel2020 August 6, 2015

"I took this from January to May. I started on thé 145 dosage, but I had to go up to the 290mg after a month when the lower dose stopped working. I was pleased with this medicine's ability to correct my chronic constipation. I was more gassy and sometimes had loose stools, but overall I felt a lot better. One problem I had with it was the extreme dehydration it caused; I suffered from super dry skin and "shredded coconut lips" the length of my usage. It was incredibly frustrating to drink 100oz of water each day and still be dehydrated! The worst effect of this drug was the nerve pain it caused. Beginning in April, my right arm started going numb, tingly, and had traveling pain up and down it. After $3500 of tests, I connected it to Linzesse"

MoneeMonee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2015

"Started linzess two days. No luck. Does anyone think I should take two to start it then go back to one??"

Maxandmaggie August 1, 2015

"I have suffered from constipation all my life. I'm 60 and take medications for my heart and it has gotten worse. I've been taking Linzess for two months now and it's a miracle drug at least for me. Sure, I get some diarrhea but if you suffer from chronic constipation that is a welcome thing some days. Just to be able to clear my colon everyday is awesome. Thanks for coming out with this drug. Changed my life."

Dave2222 July 27, 2015

"I have yet to figure this medication out. I have been on it for about 15 days. I take it when I first wake up with 16 ounces of water. I always wait AT LEAST 30 minutes to eat, often much longer. Some days, I have very bad diarrhea from it and other days I have some passing cramps with no bowel movement it all. Without it, I can't really have a bowel movement on my own so this beats that but still, I wish it worked a little better. Running to the bathroom while at work, hoping I make it is not an ideal outcome. I did have the $30 co-pay card from my doctor so that helped with the cost but I think it's only good for one month."

works some days (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

"Chronic constipation my whole life. Tried all over the counter meds over the years. After a bout of 3 full weeks straight of constipation, not one bowel movement the entire time..went to the pharmacy and bought an enema...it did nothing...the next night I went back and bought an oil based enema...that did nothing. Pharmacist advised I go to the hospital. Went to the hospital. Xray showed entire digestive system filled from the bottom to the top. No blockage though. So they gave me a drink...told me to drink it at home and I would have explosive bowel movement.....it did nothing. Went to my doctor...he gave me 290 mgs. of Linzess, finally I went for like an hour. Only diarreah toward the end. Switched to 145mgs when needed. Woohoo!"

OzzieFaith July 14, 2015

"My healthcare practitioner agreed to prescribe. I've suffered from CIC since I was a kid. As you get older, it gets tougher to put up with primarily because it's tough to have a normal schedule when you suffer from CIC. This medication does work. It's fairly predictable and doesn't "linger" all day. It's important to note that it is an "Osmotic" and does not work like regular stimulant laxatives. While that makes it safe for daily use, it also makes it more tempermental. People find it works for days and then stops. Problem with Osmotics is if you're not hydrated, too hot, too cold, or exert yourself too much while waiting for it to kick in, it could disrupt its effectiveness. Overall, it works but wish it were less expensive"

SGil July 9, 2015

"Have taken pills for 12 days without result. Had lots of hope.....slowly fading away! $208.00 should have do better....."

Dobetter July 6, 2015

"I'm 29 years old and I haven't had a problem with BMs really until the last 2 years, and then the last few weeks I have had ZERO/zip/no movement. I have been in so much pain and agony being so constipated with no relief and I tried EVERYTHING at home. Enema, laxatives, stool softeners, ice cream (sometimes it helps)... absolutely nothing helped. I finally went into my doctor after a night of throwing up blood (not sure what was up with that), and finally he referred me to a specialist but also prescribed me Linzess. This is a MIRACLE PILL. It took about an hour and 45 minutes for it to kick in, but it helped, and continues. Ask your doctor for a co-pay card, it may help with price. It is expensive."

M2721 July 6, 2015

"I'm so glad to finally get relief. I tried everything else with no results. I saw the commercial and asked my doc about Linzess. He agreed I should try it. He told me to take it in the morning, 30 minutes BEFORE my first meal. I took it later and I got diarrhea. Now I take it in morning and it works great! I know this sounds dramatic but I feel like I got my life back during these two weeks. If it works for me it should work for anyone. $30 copay is same as buying miralax which doesn't really work for me. I'm satisfied."

a free man (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

"I have chronic idiopathic constipation due to opioid pain medications and also have chronic Hep C I'm in the fibrosis late stage ...having fibrosis of the liver affects the secretion of chloride and bicarbonate into the intestinal luman ,mainly through activation of cystic fibrosis hence I have had cramps,pain,fullness, unable to aleminate stools completely even with laxatives and miralax I still had a hard time even getting the urge...hard stools, sometimes I would cramp so hard I would scream in pain unable to move even enima didn't work than I started this medication 3 days ago ...worked the first day well I took it in morning and went next morning and eliminated completely and I feel so much better no more fever,not nauseated anymore"

anonymous...chronic idiopathic (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2015

"My GI doc finally gave me some samples of Linzess (290). I have taken it the past two evenings with food at her direction. While I have gotten some relief from my IBS-C, it's been uncomfortable to say the least. I take the med around 7:00 when I finish dinner, and by 10:30 I'm starting all-night, multiple trips to the bathroom. Explosive, watery diarrhea, loud and almost constant gurgling in my stomach, and my bottom is so raw that I can barely sit down. I still don't feel totally cleaned out. I can't keep up this pattern - getting less than 3 hours of sleep a night (I have a stressful job and can't afford to be this tired!), and I don't dare take it in the mornings because I wouldn't be able to work at all!"

Aubiemom June 26, 2015

"I have been on Linzess for over a year now. I suffered for years with bloating, constipation, hard tummy and fever to the touch, lethargic, unable to get up some days. After many doctors appointments and an emergency room visit where they thought I had everything from gall stones to appendicitis-I was referred to a gastrointestinal doctor. He wanted to do what doctors before did. More fiber, stool softener, even anti-depressant drugs to see if that relaxed the intestines. He diagnosed me with IBS-C. Which taking supplemental fiber or eating fibrous foods inflames even more. I did the research myself and argued with him I wouldn't do what I'd done for years & demanded I get Linzess. I am 100% normal & cured. Take the pill! It works."

Anonymous June 24, 2015

"I think I found my miracle pill for my chronic constipation I have had for years. Took 2 pills last night at 8pm & woke up at 430am going. I will take it in the mornings from now on, 1 pill. This is great."

jerniganmae (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2015

"After many years of chronic bloating and constipation, I finally tried Linzess. I was taking Miralax daily, sometimes twice a day, for about a year but still no relief from the horrible bloating. I'd eat half an apple and have to move my belt buckle. Now, a little over a month on Linzess and I am no longer bloated, I go every day and feel SO much better!!!!! No side effects at all. I just learned that taking with food can result in diarrhea or help if you feel constipated again. Will try that if I ever need it."

NoLongerLookPregnant (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

"I am fairly new to this medication. I am only using it for a week The first pill I took late afternoon until I realized I should be taking it in the morning. However the first pill worked like a charm and the ones I took in the morning have had little to no effect."

Lfine (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

"This worked fast and worked extreme. While it did help with the colon spasms it gave me severe diarrhea and abdominal cramping. I was waking in the middle of the night having to urgently use the toilet. This medicine does work, it's just not for me."

Cww (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

"I am a 70-year old female who has had a chronic problem with colonic inertia for many years and have done the water-fiber thing, eating healthy, exercise, various laxatives, enemas -- you name it. Not only did these measures not help much but I was always having abdominal pain, bloating, heartburn and just not enjoying eating anymore. I was placed on Linzess and have taken 2 pills thus far and I think I am experiencing a miracle. I have a full and complete Bowel Motion with normal cramping and no more suffering with bloating and cramping during the day. I just pray it continues and my body doesn't get used to it and stop working."

brangelina (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next