User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Linzess review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Constipation, Chronic.

Reviews for Linzess to treat Constipation, Chronic

Review by Caitcakes:

I have been constipated for YEARS. Since I was about 16, and I'm now 24. I tried everything from changing what I ate to fiber gimmies and drink mixes, two laxatives, and vegetable laxatives, milk of magnesia, I even drank magnesium citrate. It has been a constant struggle with bloating and cramping. I could gain up to 5 pounds and I was constipated for more than a week, and that even made fitting in my clothes difficult! Send using Lindzess I am never constipated!! I take it every other day, and that is enough for me. My movements aren't hard, but they aren't diarrhea either...play with it and take it as you need it, but it surely is a miracle pill.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2014 11:20 AM

Review by MissJaCinda:

I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation 15 years ago and severely suffered with constipation since then. On average I would do a bowel motion once every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks....no exaggeration. I requested a colonoscopy after a friend of mine suddenly died of colon cancer at the age of 31. Year ago my PCP introduced me to Linzess. It took a month for my body to adjust. I do have occasional diarrhea with it but I will take it over constipation any day! It's been a year and I am down to taking it once a week and rather then have a bowel motion once or twice a month. I go once or twice a day lawlessly with no issues whatsoever. It has acted almost like a cure for my condition. Thank GOD for Linzess!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 12:02 PM

Review by Betart:

I have had constipation problems for years. Before Linzess, I was taking up to 6 different medications to try to go and then it would hit with a vengeance and last all day long. I couldn't work a full time job because of it. I was miserable all of the time with bloating, cramping and nausea. I have only been on it a week and I already feel so much better. I now have bowel movements like normal people. Yes, there is some diarrhea, but I think I am still getting used to it. If the diarrhea gets bad, I will cut back to every other day. But, I will talk to my doctor first.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2014 7:18 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been constipated for over 20 years. Recently I started having stomach pains, after one week of discomfort I went to the ER. They took a flat plate x-ray and concluded that I should see my doctor right away. The doctor prescribed Linzess 145 mcg, He give me samples for 16 days and a prescription to fill, after taking 1/day for 6 days I called the doctor, and he instructed me to take 2, (290 mcg) It worked like a miracle, so I took it for 2 days, and went back to taking 1/day, and this time with the same results like when I took 2 caps. This is amazing and without any side effects. But I am unable to purchase it, because it is too expensive.

June 22, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by Ella M (taken for less than 1 month):

I tried a sample of Linzess 154mg for chronic constipation/ tortuous colon/ IBS-C I was told it might take 4 days to work. I took it 1 hour before breakfast and 2-3 hours later I was cleaned out. It was gentle (not urgent) no cramps. However the thirst and head ache from dehydration lasted ALL day. Toward the end of the day I couldn't get enough water and I couldn't physically drink anymore water. Living in hot humid weather did not help. I wish the dose was smaller. I can deal with a little bit of thirst but I could not stay hydrated on this medication and it did not improve my quality of life. I may try taking in the early evening so I can sleep through the 8 hours of dehydration and see if that is tolerable but can't take this daily.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 7:50 AM

Review by trago (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have suffered with chronic constipation for at least 5 years, I always assumed it was caused by pain medication and opiates. I started methadone treatment about 10 months ago and the constipation got worse. I tried laxatives, stool softeners, drinking tons of water, eating everything I could that gave me fiber in my diet, nothing was helping. It got so bad that going to the bathroom was something I feared. I found myself doing an enema every 2 days. Then they stopped working. I talked to my doctor and he gave me Linzess and about 3 days after the first pill I went to the bathroom. No pain, no constipation it was amazing. I've been taking Linzess for a month now and everything seems normal again. Linzess is my miracle pill.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 1:20 PM

Review by DEEDEE SUE:

I started Linsezz and within about 5 days, it worked for me. Actually I got very loose bowels, but it was working. Within a couple more days, I felt sick, very weak and tired, I almost felt like I was drugged and could feel my head moving back and forth. This happened for two days. I stopped it for a day or two and was fine. I took it again, and the same thing happened. I had to get in bed and sleep it off. Tired, felt weird. I stopped taking it.

May 19, 2014 12:54 AM

Review by Mac1021 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Alright so I'll give you the full on details. It works great for me but you definitely don't want to be out of reach of a toilet within an hour after eating because you Have To Go. I suffer from severe constipation, I used to only go to the bathroom once every week and my pain from being so bloated just got ridiculous. Linzess really helps, even if I forget to take it for a few days and get backed up, it works to flush me out. Haha. I know. But still don't know what I would do without it because laxatives are Not good.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by RLZ123 (taken for less than 1 month):

I honestly didn't realize that I was constipated because I would have a bowel motion once a day. I went into the GI for a different issue and when I left I was told I was actually, "full of poop" and that is why I was having the initial issue. Since being on the medication I do not feel bloated or achy anymore, something I hadn't really paid attention to, to begin with. But, with this medication I actually GO to the bathroom like I should. I workout everyday - running, cardio, weight training... and this has made it a little difficult for that. Just because I like to work out in the morning and that is actually the worst part of the day for me with this medication. I will continue taking this just because it makes me feel so much better!

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2014 2:52 PM

Review by paczkibee:

I have suffered with constipation for most of my life. Nothing helped until Linzess became available. I have a daily bowel motion and feel really good. Only side effect is a little gassiness.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by FANCYCAT 55 YEARS OLD:

Linzess is awesome. I love it! I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome and chronic constipation, I have had for years and nothing worked. I have been miserable. I used to take zelnorm and it worked good and they took it off the market. My stomach felt like clogged pipes. I have tried everything. My doctor prescribed linzess to me yesterday. I took 1 last night at 9:30 and by 11:30 my stomach was churning and I got up and went to the bathroom and I totally cleaned out with no pain. I never want to be without this, it works. I have a waist line now. I give it a big 10. Thank you.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 10:33 AM

Review by franny9564 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have suffered with irritable bowel syndrome for 45 years. Different medicines worked for short periods but quit. Linzess has greatly improved my days but the cost keeps me from taking it daily so it must be taken sparingly.

April 10, 2014 1:38 PM

Review by Maggiejozi:

I've had chronic constipation for as long as I can remember. Tried eating more fiber and drinking more water and that just makes things worse. Prescribed the 145 and took it in the morning. Nothing for the first 4 days then remembered my doc said that some of her patients had better luck taking it at night. It worked great then. Some times I have diarrhea but not always. The only downside is unpredictability. I will take this over constipation any day. Other then diarrhea, I have no side affects. So give it a try at night if you aren't having luck in the morning.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2014 9:31 PM

Review by LJalmostB:

I began taking medication for my thyroid about a year ago. Prior to that I NEVER had issues with constipation. I was an "at least once-a-day goer" and happy about it. The various medications I started REALLY messed me up. I would go DAYS without a bowel movement and I FELT TERRIBLE. I was not made for this. A tried every over the counter medication, both natural and not, that you can imagine. Nothing would work. About 40 days ago my doctor prescribed me Linzess and I have gone *almost* every day since. It almost ALWAYS loose stool, however I sometimes even have to run to the restroom. But I will take that over constipation ANY day. One other drawback is that my stomach is VERY loud when I'm on it. Quiet rooms, quiet meetings...

March 19, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by computergal (taken for less than 1 month):

Tried to get my husband to take this since it came out in January. I was tired of him moping around the house taking laxatives. He has opioid induced constipation of the worst kind. He finally gave in and tried this and says it is a miracle. It worked within 3 hours and did the job. It also did it smoothly without pain. He will be taking it regularly from now on. He had to pay $30 copay with our insurance.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2014 9:00 PM

Review by mrs jojoxo:

I've been battling chronic constipation, and with that a 50lb weight gain over the past several years. I also have leukemia so the medicines make the constipation 10x worse. I tried the lower dose Linzess and nothing (I was so constipated that the bowel prep for the colonoscopy did not work at all. Took 2 tries). So my doctor upped the dose on the Linzess to the 290 and I love it. I haven't felt this "empty" in years and its motivated me to eat healthier since I have dropped 10lbs in one week. Be sure to drink a lot of water! Also, if works differently on everyone so when first taking it....be sure you will be near a bathroom. I will take the extra bathroom trips over horrendous constipation any day! It works for those gaining weight.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 9:04 AM

Review by grammielisa:

I've been on Linzess 290 for a couple of weeks. It does work for me. I go at least once a day now, as opposed to 2 x a week. BUT, it does make me extremely tired, and weak, and without much appetite. I've gone from a size ladies 14 down to a size 4, and I keep losing. The doctor wants me to see a nutritionist, maybe this will help.

January 29, 2014 2:17 PM

Review by aalisa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been on Linzess for 1 month 290 mg. I've tried almost every medicine you could think of. I've had Irritable Bowel Syndrome since my 20s. Linzess helps with the bloating but am still having problems using the bathroom on a regular basis. Other than that I've had no adverse side effects.

January 26, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by chrissy239:

I been on it for two months. Started with the 145mg worked right of. Then the body got used to it didn't go for 2 weeks. Now on 290mg. For 2 weeks. Alright at times. But give time too see how does. The only next step I can see is surgery. But gastrointestinal doctor says no surgery too fix. 30 years off constipation. What more can I take. Only 39. Now have other medical problem from straining do much over the years.

January 25, 2014 3:35 PM

Review by Can't live without linzess (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm 36 yrs old. I've battled with constipation for as long as I can remember. It got so bad I was taking a pill laxative once weekly routinely, which as you know was painful. I got Linzess 290 samples from my Dr. Took at 4pm. In less than 2 hrs, I felt my stomach rumble as if I may have diarrhea. Thank goodness near a bathroom. Anyway cleared me out, no pain. I take it when I want to go. It works, just be near a bathroom. I swear I can't live without it now. Being constipated far worse than diarrhea any day in my opinion!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2014 2:10 PM

Review by Ms P.:

After years of constipation and self made yet uncomfortable bowel movements Linzess saved me. After laxatives and supplements stopped working I finally went to the Dr and he prescribed Linzess. Don't know what I'd do without this medication.

January 8, 2014 8:01 PM

Review by supercalifragilisticexpialidoshis:

I just started taking Linzess 145 mg. My doctor gave me samples to try. The first few days I didn't notice anything, by the third day I finally cleared out my intestines, which was after almost a month of not having a real bowel motion. I actually stopped taking the medication for a few days because I was concerned I wouldn't be able to go anywhere, then started again today. In about 30-45 minutes I was in the bathroom. I'm not sure if I have to take it everyday or if I can skip a few days in between. I will ask my doctor. So far so good. Anything that helps me go is a miracle. I'm happy with once every several days especially because I am used to going every couple of weeks.

December 18, 2013 8:52 PM

Review by counting sheep:

I am currently having horrible cramps and constant diarrhea. I cannot even bend over to pick something up without having to run to the bathroom. I am very sore at the other end and my bowel movements are like water.

December 2, 2013 2:54 AM

Review by Hard hat:

Tried the 145 and the 290. I am so disappointed that neither worked.

November 13, 2013 1:34 AM

Review by Martii:

After trying everything under the sun...nothing ever worked. Not to go into a long drawn out story....tried linzess 145 didnt work...tried the linzess 290 got results within hours all that day. I am very happy with it. I done colonics, all kinds of laxatives, detoxs, enemas...etc. The best thing in my life right now is LINZESS

November 6, 2013 6:17 PM