Medication Guide App

9.5
Summary of Plan B reviews 160 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Plan B

Review by Anonymous123455678909876:

For Emergency Contraception: I am only a teenager very young. Only being the end of grade 10. And I had unexpected and unfortunately unprotected sex with my boyfriend on Friday around 8pm. He pulled out before finishing although I was and am terrified about precum. He told me about plan b and offered to pay for it. I took it at approximately 10am the following Saturday. I experienced headache and fatigue. I took a nap and the symptoms went away. My expected period is next week an I just want to say thank you to everyone writing these reviews because you've calmed me down so much.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2015 11:01 PM

Review by Mandyyy:

For Emergency Contraception: This is to all the girls out there who are like me, thinking the worst and are worried sick about the possibility of being pregnant. I am here to assure you that this pill really works! I was in a really bad situation. A friend and I were both drunk and couldn't remember if a condom was in the picture or not. Just to be safe I took plan b 9 hours after unprotected sex. I was really depressed for a couple days, got a yeast infection, had minor cramps, and diarrhea but still no period. Finally, after 6 negative pregnancy tests and 5 days of being late, I got my period. This pill will really screw up your cycle. So DO NOT worry if you are late! Relax, keep yourself busy, and go eat some chocolate because this pill will take care of everything!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2015 5:00 PM

Review by Anonymous7098:

For Emergency Contraception: Usual story: The condom broke. Went to CVS that night and got Plan B. I took it that same night and the next day I slept for the entire day. No exaggeration. I have never slept so much before in my life. The pill did it's job so I don't care but wow I slept sooo much.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2015 10:58 PM

Review by Exhaledd:

For Emergency Contraception: I had an accident on the most fertile day of my cycle and was so afraid since both of my children were conceived on the first try so I am incredibly fertile. I took the pill an hour after sex and had minimal side effects over the next week. Mostly menstrual like cramps and tingly breasts. However because those can be pregnancy symptoms I was totally panicking. 9 days after taking the pill I had some strong cramps and noticed a little bright red blood after wiping. I thought it was implantation bleeding since my period wasn't due for another 5 days and I had it with both my other pregnancies. I figured the pill didn't work since I took it on the day of ovulation. But over the next hour it turned into a full period! Plan b worked!!!!!!!

April 29, 2015 10:54 AM

Review by Learned lesson:

For Emergency Contraception: on March 21-25 I had my period. On March 26 I had an accident. My cycle ranges from 28-33 days. I took plan B within 1 hour that same day March 26. That day I got cramps and got really tired. The next day I experienced diahrrea. On March 31st I started bleeding again which scared me and it lasted 4 days. The bleeding was really light. I spent all April worrying. I took over 10 home pregnancy test and they were all negative. Well today I started bleeding again which makes me 3 days late from my actual period. Yet on time from the plan B period. I never want to go through this ever again.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2015 3:39 PM

Review by EstefMS:

For Emergency Contraception: Typical story- condom broke during supposed ovulation/fertile days and took the pill the morning after (within 8 hours). In my personal experience, I had no complications or any abnormal side effects such I have read reported from others (no cramps, nauseousness or abnormal bleeding). I was very fortunate and received my period on the date scheduled as predicted. Although I do not normally or personally advocate non-natural medications and hormones, hey, sometimes one needs to take care of themselves quickly and immediately. Wishing every one else the same effectiveness and similiar positive experience to the one I had with the pill.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2015 10:57 PM

Review by Jake c:

For Emergency Contraception: Hi I am also a pleased user of plan b and my most vital piece of advice is to stay calm. I am a very paranoid person unfortunately and under went sleepless nights in the fear I had got my girlfriend pregnant from a broken condom. Just relax ladies and gentlemen everything will be fine. And on a side note the first time she had taken the pill she had thrown up hours later. Make sure that she had eaten prior to taking the pill and make sure she is calmed down. I had to buy another one as a result.

April 26, 2015 9:14 AM

Review by Happy plan b:

For Emergency Contraception: Thank you all for the reviews! Got me through a lot of stressing! Plan b works! Ladies at first it may seem like forever! I had unprotected sex and had to wait almost two weeks late for my period to come on! At first I had a brown discharge and this morning got my period!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2015 6:25 AM

Review by ScaredShitless:

For Emergency Contraception: After having sex and realizing that the condom had broken, I rushed to the drug store and bought Plan B. It was the last day of when my ovulation is the highest so I was panicking. My period was not supposed to come for two weeks, but I got my period today. The only side effects that I had was a decrease in sex drive, lack of appetite, and I was super moody. Thank God for plan B!! It def works.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2015 11:23 PM

Review by Alblacke:

For Emergency Contraception: I had sex during my most fertile time! The condom broke and I was freaked out! I took plan B 30-36 hours after it happened. I was super tired the day I took it and slept most of the day. I then received bad cramps I thought I was "implanting"! A few days later I started getting nauseous and back pains I thought I was pregnant! That continued for almost a week.. And I got really sick... My boobs hurt, and I had awful pain in my back. At that point I was terrified! Now 2 days late I received my period!

April 18, 2015 8:55 PM

Review by eetiamdopee:

For Emergency Contraception: I love this pill! It works so good. It made my period come very early tho but I'd rather have that than an unplanned pregnancy. My last period was on the 30th and again my period came the 10th so it was so early. I absolutely love this pill tho. It worked 100% for me and I do recommend it :)

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 9:05 PM

For Emergency Contraception: My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I took Plan B about 6 hours later. I had a large amount of pregnancy symptoms about a week after taking the pill, and was constantly freaking out about the possibility of me being pregnant. I actually thought I was pregnant. However, the pill pulled through and I ended up receiving my period 4 days late.

April 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Review by Qwsx (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Me and my girlfriend had a condom mishap. We started to freak out but bought the pill 3 hours later. Waited for 2 weeks and her period was 1 day early. This pill works and is effective. Thankful for it.

April 6, 2015 2:43 AM

Review by Sasha89:

For Emergency Contraception: It happened last day before my period. Technically it's impossible to get pregnant in that period of the cycle, however every person is unique and may be a lot of exceptions. I took the pill ~40h after as I hoped period to start itself. After 24h felt nausea and was afraid that my body rejected it. Nevertheless, my period started 5 days later. I assume its delay was reasoned by the cold I got that month earlier and medicine I cured myself and eventually by that huge dose of hormone the morning pill consists of. The next period came right on time regarding the new cycle. Insist on using condoms!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2015 2:04 PM

For Emergency Contraception: So it was my first time having sex and I it was unplanned and I wasnt on birth control (which was dumb on my part, and I'm starting it now) but anyways, I had sex and the condom broke but he didn't tell me till the third day. This pill is only effective for 72 hours and I took it on the 65th hour, and I was stressing because I didn't think it was going to work but believe me don't stress the pill worked. My period came today and I'm so so happy, I was stressed because I thought it wasn't going to be as effective as it may have been if I took it on the first or second day but thankfully it worked.

March 24, 2015 2:41 PM

Review by Gator1996:

For Emergency Contraception: My period usually comes on towards the end of the month. N my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 2nd and I took the pill that same day. The 8th of that month my period came on ( it came early ) n by the 15th it was still on and I was a lil worried because its been 8days that my period has been on. The 16th came and it went off but the 18th came and I started bleeding again. It's like I'm having a 2nd period

March 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: My gf and I had sex 2 days after her period. The condom came off, but I hadn't came yet. Still, we were really scared. This was on Saturday night. On Tuesday afternoon she took plan b, and got her period on Sunday morning. The night she took it she felt super sick and had nausea and a headache. It was weird since she wasn't supposed to get he period for about 2 more weeks, but it can affect the cycle. Either way we are so relieved. This was by far the scariest thing to ever happen to me. It showed me how fragile life is, and I know I've learned from this experience. It is scary, but you need to understand what you can control and what you can't. Please don't stress too much, it won't do you any good. Relax, and trust in God's plan for you.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2015 10:26 PM

Review by aubrey1996:

For Emergency Contraception: Had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on my MOST FERTILE day according to a highly accurate period tracker app I've used for over a year. I took it approx 20-23 hours after, and my period came 9 days early. I cannot express how grateful I am for this pill. The only side effects I experienced were slight cramping and fatigue.

March 21, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by princessree:

For Emergency Contraception: I just wanna share this with girls who are worrying and freaking out cause I sure did. I took plan b cause I messed up on my birth control but also took a new pack of birth control the day after plan b, I didn't get my period for the month in February at all which freaked me out but I ended up getting old blood a couple weeks later and finally a month later after finishing my birth control, during my placebo week I am on my period right now. So I wanna say I know it's hard not worrying about if plan b works or not but it really does. If you take it with birth control I would say it throws off your cycle.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2015 12:05 PM

Review by Scarlettxox:

For Emergency Contraception: My story is the same as most of yours; broken condom. This is my second time talking the pill, and I feel like the second time around I had a really adverse reaction. I have the most awful stomach pain, head aches, diarrhea (eww), dizziness, breast tenderness, fatigue... Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I got the wrong end of the stick this time I guess. The symptoms are making me nervous, but reading all the positive comments on here makes me feel better!

March 19, 2015 2:33 AM

Review by China123014:

For Emergency Contraception: The day before I was supposed to start my period the condom broke. So within about 22 hours or so I took the pill the day if my expected period. I got some mild cramps and some migraines. I got a little snappy too. I went 2 days after I took the pill to take to a test at planparenthood and the pregnancy test came back negative. So I signed up for birthcontrol the implant. They told me I had to wait For my My period. So I ended up getting my period 7days late. The first day it was light then got heavy again the second day it was already really light. Enough for a panty liner. Then the third day I was taking a shower and I was getting really bad cramps and then I just started bleeding a whole bunch. Luckily I was in the shower. It worked tho

March 17, 2015 3:01 PM

Review by ACarolineB12:

For Emergency Contraception: The condom broke and we didn't realize it until too late...it was around time of my ovulation. I am not on birth control and took Plan B less than 12 hours later. During the next two weeks I was so paranoid and scared thinking I was pregnant because I was ovulating and thinking I was seeing so many signs, but please trust that this medicine does work! I ended up getting my period two days early and was so relieved. Take Plan B as SOON as you can after you have an accident. It works miracles even when you have an accident WHEN you're ovulating.

March 17, 2015 9:03 AM

Review by MisHapAnon:

For Emergency Contraception: Like others, I had a condom mishap with my boyfriend. I was reading through a ton of reviews and could not find much that were in the same situation as me. Hopefully this will help you! I took Plan B within the hour of unprotected sex. However, I was supposed to be due for my period within the next few days. After reading reviews, I found out that this was normal and opted to wait. During the next 4-5 days, I was having crazy mood swings and picking fights with my bf, it wasn't a choice, everything seemed so irritating. I had really bad cramps and definitely felt fatigue all the time! Five days later, I had some brown discharge, and something that seemed like mucus(not blood clump). I had my period though!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 1:27 AM

Review by bustitbaby25 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B 5 hours after having sex. The Condom broke while I was having sex and I didn't even know it and I was really scared. So I went to CVS and got the pill. It might cost a lot but it was worth it. Thank God for this. It's a life saver. Lord knows I can't raise no kids at this age.

March 14, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by Perfectly_Imperfect:

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and of course we weren't thinking clearly, but anyway I took the pill at exactly 48 hours afterwards and came on my cycle a little past a week. The new european study that says it doesn't work for women over 175, it's not true I'm well over 175 and currently on my cycle... Be sure to take it within 72 hours and if you have the funds I've also heard of some women taking another pill 12 hours again after the first. Hope this helps.

March 14, 2015 8:58 PM