User Reviews for Plan B

Emergency Contraception 185 reviews 11 medications

9.3
Summary of Plan B reviews 185 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Plan B

For Emergency Contraception "So I had unprotected sex about a week ago and he didn't pull out because he forgot he took the condom off (stupid i know) so I was freaking out so got this pill and took it 20 hours after the event. Then this morning I was cramping and feeling like I had PMS and several hrs later I start bleeding. I came on here to read side effects vand apparently starting a period after a week of taking pill is a normal side effect? I hope so! It's just a waiting game to see if I start my next period."

Kana514 July 5, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I'm 18 years old. Completely afraid after having unprotected sex, I took plan B about 27 hours later. There was no ejaculation inside, but the risk still runs with pre-ejaculation. Only a couple days late, I started my period. I had no side effects at all from taking Plan B, but I did make sure to have it with food. Ladies, I'm not sure if it worked for me, or if I was even at risk of getting pregnant, but take the necessary precautions. The stress, the fear, the unpreparedness, it isn't worth it. Always keep it safe from STDs with protection, anyhow. Plan B is a back up plan, use birth control and a condom! Good luck and relax! Stress can delay your period! <3"

YoungBrokeScared July 1, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I am 15... no where near ready to have a child. Condom slipped off and went to the drug store right after the accident to get plan b. I read the reviews and I was really scared I was going to have side effects but also scared I was going to get pregnant so I took the pill about 20 hours after. I felt slight cramps but nothing like the side effects other people were feeling. Don't be scared to take this just because of the side effects because basically nothing happened to me. I got my period on time around a week later. Just started birth control"

Don't Be Scared (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex (first time) May 31st. Although, he didn't cum inside of me, we thought we should be safe! So that same day (earlier) at 11 almost 12. I bought and took the plan b pill. I took it with water only and was fine. (I don't have a sensitive stomach). I had no side effects. 5 days after taking it. I had a period like bleeding (one of the side effects of the pill) that lasted 5 days (like my normal period would). I also had a fever. (Rare side effect). I had all my symptoms as well. Uterus Cramps, Farting (weird, I know). And lower back pain. After that. I had no other things happen. Until, June 25 when I started my period! It's a little off. (None of my norm period symptoms). It works! Relax. Don't stress. You'll be fine."

Plan B works! June 26, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan b 10 hours after unprotected sex next week I got my regular period thanks to plan b it's really worth it"

nazo June 25, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "So I had unprotected sex and then I realized he had didn't pull out on time so an hour later we went to the pharmacy and I drank the pill because I was scared. Two weeks passed and I woke up sick and dizzy but I didn't think anything about that. It was about the week I had to get my period and I wasn't coming I just had some cramping so a few days after I missed my period I did a home pregnancy test and it came out positive and I couldn't belive it so I ended up taking 3 more and they all said I was pregnant a few days later. I went to see my Doctor and after a few tesst it was positive. Plan B didn't work for me not even after drinking it just 1 hour after unprotected sex."

Bmg14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My experience is different from many of the people posting here. I've never been that good about tracking when I'm fertile, but I do have very regular periods. Several months ago, I had unprotected sex a few days after my period ended and took Plan B within 72 hours. About a week before my expected period, I had very light spotting for maybe an hour. Then it stopped. Two weeks later, I still had not gotten my period, so I took a test, and it was positive. Please realize that while Plan B is highly effective (I'd used it with success before and am wholeheartedly in favor of it being available to everyone on demand), it's not foolproof and shouldn't replace contraception."

nsuz June 24, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex a couple of days after my period ended. After I realized what I had done, I began panicking and purchased plan b about 22 hours after. I was so stressed and miserable for a month, and it just so happened that I didn't get my period the week I was due. I had CRAZY symptoms, incredibly sore breasts, horrible cramps for a week. And then I randomly started spotting for about 4 days. I really was convinced I was pregnant. A week after my expected period, I FINALLY GOT IT! Ladies, I know it's impossible not to stress. But I believe the amount of stress I put myself under caused my period to be even later than it should have been. But trust me, this pill works."

Toomuchstress June 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan B a little over 24 hours after un-protected sex. For some reason, I was dumb and didn't think about the possible consequences of not being on birth control, not using a condom, and possibly ovulating. I got my period about a week after I took the pill. It was a really weird period, with dark blood, and eventually more bleeding than I usually have (with clotting). Right after I took the pill, I had cramps which I freaked out about, only realizing later that my body was getting ready for a period. I was nervous that it wouldn't work, but getting my period a week later was 100% of the reassurance I needed. Worth the money- my only regret was not taking the pill sooner."

very lucky June 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "So me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. Then I read about precum. I'm unexperienced I know, 14 hrs later we bought Plan B. Within a week I had so many pregnancy symptoms. Nausea, frequent urination, breast tenderness, headache, fatigue everything possible. I honestly thought I was pregnant. And I'm only 15 I ended up telling my parents the truth. Then two days later I get spotting and in the morning I get a heavy period. Really painful and excruciating. It worked. But let the pill do its job. Don't freak out. Next time I'm using protection its not worth the stress."

jenniferyourbabe (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My period was on May 3rd-7th. My bf and I had intercourse on May 11th. Took the pill on May 13. Started bleeding May 18. Lasted for 4-5 days was light then turned really heavy! I felt EXTREMELY nauseous, bloated, headaches, tired, eating a lot and breast soreness from the pill. I thought I was pregnant. I didn't even know if the May 18 was a period or not. Finally today June 20 I'm bleeding!!! So I guess May 18 was my new period."

prettythang June 20, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I have never left a review for anything in my life, but because of my experience, I decided to share. I had unprotected sex on my most fertile day of the month and I was panicking. I panic even when I use birth control, so I was super stressed out. I took the pill between 10-11 hours after the incident, and the next two weeks I experienced constant cramps, I was super tired, and my breasts were super sore. I was "sure" these were pregnancy symptoms. Plus, I read a million things on the Internet, like I'm sure you all have done, (or you wouldn't be here,) and apparently I am over the "weight limit." but here I am, 2 weeks later, and my period came right on time! Like everyone else has said, this pill works wonders. Do not stress!"

ToriLove87 June 19, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "This product is a life saver! I had sex with my boyfriend 3 days after my previous cycle ended and the condom broke. Obviously, very upset and scared I went out to my local shops and purchased Plan B for about $50. I took both pills within 4 hours of the incident. For about 4 days after the fact, I was experiencing cramping, extreme nausea, and was being very moody and constantly fighting with everyone around me. About a week and a half later I began spotting. It was dark red, very light and definitely not my period. This lasted for about 4 days. I didn't get my period on the expected time but I felt all the symptoms as usual. However my period came on the 44 day of my cycle. Almost 2 weeks late! THIS PILL WORKS."

Dnd212 June 12, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan b exactly 32 hrs later of having unprotected sex I started my period the day I was suppose to start and couldn't be happier"

Sbbb (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Took Plan B 14 hrs after unprotected sex & the 3rd day of just starting birth control pill (suppose to use a backup method the 1st week). Right after I took it I felt a little nauseous, but it wasn't unbearable. My period wasn't due for another 3 weeks (took birth control regularly leading up). Kept getting abdomen pain & I was very tired on random days throughout the 3 weeks. Thankfully got my period the day I was expecting to! So thankful there is a pill for when mistakes are made!"

thankful101 May 24, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Just purchased this today after having unprotected sex last night. I'm praying it works and I'm not pregnant."

Nickip26 May 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My partner and I were having sex when the condom accidently broke! It was the 14th day of my cycle, so I was fertile. As you can imagine, I was terrified. I took the pill 13 hours later. I was worried that it wasn't taken soon enough. But if you take it within 24 hrs, you'll be fine. I experienced lots of cramping and mood swings for 2 weeks. I seriously thought I was pregnant. I'm not ready for a child and sadly was contemplating abortion. My period came on the day it was expected and I couldn't be happeir to have my period! I'm going on the BC pills so I never have to experience this! Just relax & take this pill ASAP as timing is crucial."

HappyAndThankful87 May 22, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Hi all! I just wanted to comment on my experience with Plan B, though different than all experiences out there, I thought it might shed a little light for some of you girls! I had completely unprotected sex one night (no condom, no birth control). A guy I had been seeing came over, next thing I know, we are having sex. I ran downstairs and took my roommates spare Plan B, 10 minutes after the incident. The next day I took another pill, 10 hours after. Its been just over 2 weeks....and YAY, my period has come :) Don't stress ladies, you should be fine!"

catlady18 May 22, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill for the first time ever 18 hours after the mishap happened. I was ovulating and I also experienced no side effects at all from the pill (not even spotting). My period came the exact day it was supposed to. Plan B works!"

Was paranoid, but May 21, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex on Sunday at like 4 in the morning and I was freaking out so my boyfriend and I bought Plan B and I've been feeling super nauseous for the past four days now and have been very paranoid but I found this and read all of your comments and stories and it's made me feel so much better. I'm going to keep myself calm and just wait it out."

Anonymous May 20, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "1st experience: On September 2, 2014 got my period and it ended on the 5th, had intercourse on the 12th ( the condom slipped off) went to get plan B at Target about 2 hours later. I started spotting the very next day [13th] , however, I only spotted on the 13th and didn't get my period until the 12th of October. Plan B tends to mess with your cycle so I didn't get my period again until the 8th of December. 2nd Experience: got my period on April 17, 2015, had intercourse the 12th of May (condom broke ) I got plan B about 30 minutes later, however, I didn't spot the next day like I did the first time when I took plan B on September 2014. I was supposed to get my period May 15 th, but I finally got it today [May 20th]. Don't worry it works!"

shaeleigh08 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I am writing this in hopes that I will help some girl out there who is as naive as I was when I blindly decided to take these emergency contraceptive pills. Let me start off by admitting to my very first mistake, which was sex without a condom. Even though my boyfriend didn't cum inside of me, I still was afraid of becoming pregnant since I have read numerous stories about women getting pregnant on the pull out method. Anyways, let's get straight to the story... So, I ended up taking the morning after pill every time we would have sex without condoms. To make a long story short, I ended up taking 4 pills in a time period of 3 months. (Stupid, I know!) I took these pills and thought nothing of it. Until, I started feeling the symptoms that come with it: I was depressed (crying over anything), sleeping 18 hours a day, lost appetite, bloating, my breasts were tender and tingling, frequent urination, nausea, dizziness, wild vivid dreams, etc... I actually thought I was pregnant because it gives you EVERY symptom of pregnancy. After noticing all these symptoms, I decided to stop using these pills and to remind myself to buy condoms. I haven't taken another pill for 3 months, and all I can say is ITS NOT OVER!!! Three months later, I am still haunted by the long term side effects of the pill. I gained 10 pounds from the pill! I've always been skinny and muscular; it's gone! I have a gut and a muffin top for the first time in my life! Had to get new jeans in a bigger size because I could no longer fit in them. My breasts grew a whole cup size bigger and had to get a brand new bra wardrobe. My physical body was ruined by these pills!! :( BUT THATS NOT ALL!! The pill had given me a yeast infection, which was then followed by a urinary tract infection, and the urinary tract infection eventually caused Bacterial vaginosis, in which 3 months later, I am still dealing with!!! I WAS NEVER THE SAME! Please stay away from this pill! Use condoms or some other type of birth control. This will ruin your life in every aspect: mental, emotional, physical, internal... Please take my advice and avoid this as much possible. If it's a true emergency, go and take it, but don't be stupid like me! Be proactive when it comes to sex! This pill isn't something to fool around with!"

Jennygrl89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill within 24 hours after me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. It was during my fertile days. I received light bleeding within a week. And two weeks later, I got my actual period. The waiting was crucial!! I experienced bloating, dizziness, and extreme fatigue. Don't stress over it, that could delay your period. Thank God my boyfriend was extremely supportive!!"

Anonymous May 13, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Took the pill within a couple hours of the condom breaking, yet here I am now 6 weeks pregnant. Don't think that just because the chances are so low doesn't mean you won't get pregnant."

anonymous392068 May 9, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex the day my period had ended, so I was not fertile. While having sex, the condom had slipped off inside of me. I was super paranoid about any cum coming out so I took plan b about 12 hours later. I had symtoms about two days later - moody, nausea, fatigue. About a week later I then bled for three days, and it wasn't my regular period. My normal period did not come at the expected time. It was about two weeks late until I got it! I took a pregnancy test when it was a week late and it came out negative. The pill does mess up your cycle. Super scary experience, but try to relax! You'll be fine!"

It'll be fine! May 6, 2015