User Reviews for Plan B

9.3
Summary of Plan B reviews 120 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Plan B

Review by Mazamz:

For Emergency Contraception: This pill saved my life! Me and my boyfriend are 16 and have sex, we always use a condom but one night we had an accident where the condom broke. We couldn't go out that night to get Plan B but we went early the next morning (15 hours later). Since I still had to wait 2 weeks to get my period I spent it stressing and nervous. But sure enough today I got my period a day early! I only had a headache and sleepiness for the first two days of the pill. But I'm relieved and it was well work the 50 dollars. Mistakes happen.

January 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by JasmineK:

For Emergency Contraception: I hope this helps some girls freaking out about getting their period and wondering if Plan B really works. I had a condom slip with my boyfriend a couple days before I ovulated and I am not on birth control (I will be now) and after four weeks I got my period early and no side effects. For all those of your girls freaking out after reading reviews on this I really felt better and now I hope I can do the same. Good luck and stay safe ladies!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 8:07 AM

For Emergency Contraception: Condom came off. Took Plan B about 48hrs later. Was super stressed. About a day before I was supposed to get my period, started having cramps, dizziness and breast tenderness. Long story short my period was a day late but I got it none the less. It's terrible when you're so stressed out and thinking you're pregnant. The pill does work. My cramps are terrible though. I felt the side effects 6-7 days after taking the pill as well.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2015 10:44 PM

Review by Rachel Brown (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I'm normally on birth control but had an adverse reaction to a new prescription and stopped. We immediately drove to Walgreens and bought Plan B One Step over the counter. I was frightened by the amount of side effects people mentioned in previous reviews. All I had was a light headache and I was tired, but these only lasted 1-2 days. My period started about 10 days after taking the pill (and about 3 days earlier than normal) and it is a very heavy flow, much heavier than normal (which is fine with me if it means I'm not pregnant.) Just give it time and try not to worry. It WILL work. $53 is DEFINITELY money well-spent

January 12, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by At ease:

For Emergency Contraception: Had unprotected sex on the 13th day of my period so most likely during my most fertile days. Managed to get access to Plan B 60h after the mishap and I am pleased to say that my period arrived on time and we are in the clear. I am so happy that I had this second chance.

January 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Loreylol:

For Emergency Contraception: Life saver, I used it twice in a month, I always had irregular periods so I didn't get my period for a whole month after that. No worries!

January 8, 2015 5:38 PM

Review by .plan.b.:

For Emergency Contraception: I have taken plan B twice and both times I have been an emotional wreck. My PMS was intensified. Crying for no reason and irritability. My period was also out of whack for a couple of months after. Besides that, no other effects.

January 7, 2015 10:45 PM

For Emergency Contraception: I had no side affects at all, and It really did it's job. I got my period one day early and am so happy to see it. I had a mishap about a week ago and rushed to the store to buy this I took it approx. 3 hours afterwards. Works great best money spent.

January 6, 2015 5:59 PM

For Emergency Contraception: Me and my partner had a minor slip up, both scared of having a baby (they're pretty expensive). I went to get a Plan B about 28 hours after the incident, scared it didn't work because I had no immediate side effects. Safe to say about 4 days after taking the pill I had some off and on cramps for about a day. On the 5th day I started bleeding for about 3-4 days. So that $46 I spent was well worth it! It works.

December 29, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Shailene:

For Emergency Contraception: Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had a condom slip, we both panicked. I am no longer on birth control so there was a problem! I took Plan B about 22 hours after the incident. I only got minor side cramps and back aches. It was a long wait but after 6 days I got my period! And I am over the "weight limit" that people say it won't work because of. But it does! I am writing this for all of you scared thinking this pill doesn't work, don't sweat it. Relax, it really is magic

December 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Review by Sara67:

For Emergency Contraception: After being on birth control for 4 months and never missing a pill, the night I had sex for the first time I had forgotten to take my pill that day. After having sex, we realized the condom had broke and I tried not to freak out. The next morning I went to the pharmacy and bought Plan B about 10 hours later. I took it and it was the worst month of waiting for my period to come because I had just gotten off my period when I had sex. It took forever but 3 weeks later it finally came 1 day early and I am so relieved!!! Plan B is the best 50 dollars I've ever spent.

December 17, 2014 9:12 PM

Review by fashionlover36 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Emergency Contraception: I took this Pill in September after a condom slipped. I got my period on time. I then had to take it two times in October after two mishaps. I bled the week after I took the pills. I never got my period on my exact due date. I got it at the end of November. So girls if your worried you might not get it you will. Just take it on time and right away. I am now going to to get put on the Pill and make sure I have a condom when I have sex. It was a lot of money but worth it. You don't know how happy I was to see my period.

December 3, 2014 5:17 PM

For Emergency Contraception: It did not work.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by Scared Lady!:

For Emergency Contraception: I am writing this because reading this forum helped me to calm the fears swirling through my mind! I am on birth control and was 1 day away from taking my placebo pill but was scared of "what if". I had unprotected sex Friday night and Sat morning, I took Plan B Sunday morning about 32 hours after contact. I did not know much about my cycle and my doctor explained that on birth control I would not have ovulated so I could not have gotten pregnant. My period was late by 5 days but I was never so happy to see it after 5 negative pregnancy tests and one negative blood test. The pill will throw off your cycle so if you are late take a deep breath! Also lesson learned and bought my own condoms!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2014 7:12 AM

Review by workingmominco:

For Emergency Contraception: It does what it is supposed to do - I didn't get pregnant. However, I took it two months ago (Sept 21) and I'm still seeing side effects. I've always had very mild periods with PMS symptoms starting about a week prior. Now my periods are crazy heavy and the cramping (which is much worse and more painful), feeling sick, tiredness, and breast tenderness starts two weeks before my period. I hope eventually my body will get back to normal but so far I've seen nothing but bad side effects from this medicine. Keep in mind, I'm 5'4 and I weigh 120 lbs and being small may have something to do with it. Also, I usually don't take medication and have never been on birth control because of bad side effects.

November 25, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by AceR11:

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex one night realizing the next day that a condom was not in the picture. After light freaking out I went to buy the Plan B pill. I've taken it once before almost 3 years ago before it was on the shelf. When I took it this time I had some very noticeable side effects. Cramping, stomach pain, tiredness, dizziness, nausea, lack of appetite but I would go through all of it again if it meant no kids. This pill works and I would recommend it to anyone

November 24, 2014 11:41 PM

Review by Teenager2015:

For Emergency Contraception: My boyfriend and I were celebrating my acceptance to my dream school, whenever we realized the condom broke. He hadn't came yet, but we were still worried. I took the plan B pill on the day of my ovulation. I wasn't sure what to expect with it. I ended up not having many side effects, and my period came on the day that it was due. I was super worried, but try not to stress. The pill does work :)

November 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by js0814 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Took the pill about 22 hours after our condom broke. I personally had no bad side effects. Got my period 5 days after I took the pill, much earlier than expected but a huge relief! All the horror stories I heard made me afraid to take the pill, but if it's an emergency Plan B is a very responsible and safe choice.

November 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by Lulu1211:

For Emergency Contraception: For those of you reading this site, you're probably worried sick and waiting for your period to come. Don't worry, I was like that too! And I can honestly tell you that this pill works: I took it after 36 hours of having unprotected sex. I was worried that I had taken it too late as many people said that they took it within 24 hours of having unprotected sex, but my period came on the 7th day of taking this pill. I had a little bit of cramps and my flow is heavier than usual, but I would absolutely recommend this pill to anyone. It really works, just give it some time and your period will come.

November 22, 2014 6:57 PM

Review by Sabri_bri:

For Emergency Contraception: Okay, I know A LOT of young girls are probably very worried and are looking for answers. Hopefully my experience using Plan B will ease your minds. I took Plan B 13 hours after having unprotected sex. Abdominal pain, loss of appetite, depression, hyperventilating, anxiety, my nipples were hurting, I got a yeast infection, constipation, a withdrawal period caused by Plan B about a week after taking it and yesterday I got my period! Two and a half weeks after the one caused by the pills!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 7:23 AM

Review by Alena g:

For Emergency Contraception: I've taken it two times and it has worked wonders. I will be HONEST, for my first time I was so worried because I didn't take it 24 or 48 hours after unprotected sex... I took it almost 72 hours where the efficiency decreases and was very very worried. I don't advise this but I will tell you right now I did NOT get pregnant! My second time I took it within 12 hours of unprotected sex. I do not want to risk with prolonging the time anymore but this pill is definitely reassuring! Stay safe ladies.

November 21, 2014 1:47 PM

Review by AimerAimee:

For Emergency Contraception: Plan B was taken Sept 15th, 1 hour after our incident when condom broke. I took the one pill and a few hours after started feeling terrible cramps. The cramps only lasted the day I took Plan B and never got them again. 2 weeks later, I got my period. This period was very light, and lasted only 4 days when normally my periods are heavy and last a whole week. I was happy I got my period but was still worried. The next month, Oct, I waited for my period. I didn't come. I missed my second period and at this point was taking pregnancy tests every week. They all were negative. On Nov 11 I got my period. So, it works! Very pleased with Plan B. But you may have a delayed period. So don't freak out. Its a side effect.

November 17, 2014 7:34 PM

Review by Anonymous2483 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: To all of you freaking out right now try to relax. Just like many others I was really scared that I got my girlfriend pregnant after we had unprotected sex. She took the pill about 26 hours after the incident, her period came on time and she didn't have any major side effects. The pill works!

November 17, 2014 2:19 AM

For Emergency Contraception: This thing really does work! I was expected to have my period on Friday and the condom broke Thursday. So needless to say I was paranoid. I took the pill within 30 minutes and felt instant cramps. I read all these reviews and they put me to ease, but still felt the stress. I got my period EXACTLY a week after the incident, but was still nervous because I was 6 days late from the expected period. But please don't worry, it works. Though the period is absolute hell and painful, I've never been more excited to have it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2014 2:11 PM

For Emergency Contraception: Long story short: It was my first time, the condom broke, and I was terrified. The next day (6 days ago), I bought the pill ($50.00) and took it as soon as I got home (approx. 26 hours after the incident). I had no side effects, which kinda freaked me out more because I thought it wasn't working, but I started bleeding last night, (my period ended 8 days ago) so I'm guessing it worked. I will take a test later to make sure.

October 31, 2014 7:15 PM