User Reviews for Plan B

9.5
Summary of Plan B reviews 70 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Plan B

Review by Anonymous34:

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B about 36 hours after unprotected sex. I literally was SO scared I would get pregnant and googled everything on Plan B way too much. I'm on birth control but hadn't been taking it at the same time recently. I had symptoms throughout that I was paranoid were pregnancy symptoms like random cramping, lower back pain, and sore breasts. My nipples were always hard! But exactly 3 weeks later, today, I got my period!! It is a few days later than when I usually have it, Don't worry, it works! Trust it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 2:02 AM

Review by Anonymous25:

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B about 36 hours after unprotected sex. I literally was SO scared I would get pregnant and googled everything on Plan B way to much. I'm on birth control but hadn't been taking it at the same time. I had symptoms throughout that, I was paranoid was pregnancy symptoms like random cramping, lower back pain, and sore breasts. But exactly 3 weeks later, today, I got my period. It is a few days later than when I usually have it, Don't worry, it works! Trust it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 11:34 AM

Review by peachesnicole07:

For Emergency Contraception: On July 1st, I took Plan B One Step 44 hours after sex where a condom failed. I took the pill 5 days before expected period. I had no spotting or major symptoms, was just a little tired after I took it. My period was supposed to start on July 6th, and it was 10 days late, and started on the 16th. I've never been happier to see my period! My cramps were awful but I am sure thankful for this pill. Don't be scared if your period is over a week late, I stressed so bad and had every right to but it can definitely be later than that. Just give it time and take a test if you're scared!

July 16, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by Smile47 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: This is the BEST avenue to take for an emergency. Me and my boyfriend had an accident during unprotected sex and I took the pill within 24 hrs. Got my period on time (just one day late). It may delay your period from a day to a few weeks and the waiting for your period could be crucial, trust me I know, BUT it works. Now breath and go eat some chocolate.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by Gira915:

For Emergency Contraception: It was a heat of the moment thing and we went unprotected. Not too smart, but it happens. Took Plan B One Step less than an hour later. Like you, I was anxious and jumped into reading reviews and began the waiting game. The second day I felt dizzy, nauseated, and sleepy, but it didn't kill me. For those wondering,I'm 5'3, 145 lbs, and never took birth control before. Just relax, even if you don't feel it, this is working. Easier said than done, I know. My period came a few days earlier than expected and heavier, but I've never been so happy to see it!

July 7, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by Masami (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I had sex during ovulation period. I was so paranoid I decided to take plan B. I took plan B like 30hrs later. Well let me tell you let this be your last resort. I received so many pregnancy symptoms throughout this whole ordeal I was freaking out so bad until my period came. I was so sick. Sore breast, headaches, fatigue, horrible cramping, and the worst diarrhea. I was depressed after taking this. The hormones are crazy and will have you going insane. Not everyone have same side effects though so maybe it will be different for you.

June 22, 2014 1:30 AM

Review by Thankful!:

For Emergency Contraception: I took this pill about 20 hours after "unprotected sex". I had absolutely no side effects for about a week, but then my breasts hurt and became enlarged, I was constantly bloated, constipated, and had horrible back pains and cramping. I was completely stressed out and scared I might be pregnant after freaking myself out reading about pregnancy signs. However, my period came today and I've never been so happy! The flow is normal but with more cramping than usual. Overall, I am very pleased with this product! It is way less expensive than a baby, and I am never having sex without protection again! But don't worry ladies..It'll be ok!

June 20, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by TheAmazingPill (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: We had a failure with the condom. After my girlfriend was able to take the pill 9 hours later. She had a couple days of intense cramping but it came and went. 2 weeks later she got her period on time. I would highly recommend to take the pill within the first 12 hours. If you do You should be fine. The sooner you take it the better. So don't stress about it to much, you will drive yourself crazy when there's a high chance you won't get pregnant. My situation was pretty bad so I'm sure if it worked for me, it will work for you.

June 18, 2014 12:33 AM

Review by hughes4054:

For Emergency Contraception: Alright ladies.. This pill is a lifesaver! Me and my boyfriend had an incident when the condom broke. At the time, I was ovulating and I took the Plan B pill within 24 hours. I didn't have any symptoms for about a week, and then I got ALL of them. Tender breasts, abdominal pain, bloating, very weird stomach noises, bad headaches, and very tired. My biggest symptom was being worried though! I am only 16, and I am now not pregnant. This pill works miracles! One relieved lady right here. Good luck to all of you!

June 5, 2014 12:56 AM

Review by olive123:

For Emergency Contraception: 12-14 days after taking Plan B still no period at my normal time so I was kind of getting worried. I used some hot compresses, I had a few soaks in the tub and my period came raging 2 days later than expected. My stomach had never been so "full" before a period ever. After this experience I am glad everything worked out with getting my period.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by Large and in Charge (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected intercourse twice within the range of the 72 hours. I asked a friend of mine who has used Plan B and the morning after I purchased Plan B for $41.80 (price is after taxes). Came home, took them, felt fine. No side effects. I was supposed to get my period 3 days later but I didn't. I got minor cramps here and there but nothing too severe. Now exactly a week after I took them I got my period (5 days late). This pill works but I never ever get severe period cramps. My period cramps this time are very severe and painful to the point where I can barely move. This has never happened to me before and I hope it lightens up in the next couple of days.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 9:43 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Took about 24 hours after the incident. Was about a week late with heavy cramping.. Very moody and crampy.

May 14, 2014 4:27 PM

Review by Sweet Anj (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Emergency Contraception: If you take this pill as directed, it will work. My boyfriend and I had an accident last Saturday and I took Plan B about 30 minutes later. I was very worried that I was going to become pregnant, and I basically worried myself sick over things I read online. I had some nausea and cramping but I got my period right on time with a normal flow. Don't worry ladies!

May 13, 2014 10:18 AM

Review by taytay1014 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex the second day of my period. 20 to 24 hours later I took Plan B. I had nausea select days over a week or two then everything seemed back to normal. Two days after I had unprotected sex my period stopped. Plan B works three different ways one of them being telling your body not to ovulate. Well 11 days after my period stopped I was due to ovulate. Plan B more than likely told my body not to ovulate at that time because my period was 9 days late. I'm also overweight by a couple pounds to where Plan B effectiveness starts to fade. I think because I was ovulating close to when I took Plan B it told my body to wait to ovulate. Today I got my period. Thank goodness!!

May 12, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by FloridaChic2014:

For Emergency Contraception: Had unprotected sex the day I was ovulating. Within 12 hours I took Plan B. Five days later I had a bad backache and woke up with cramping and what I guess was heavy spotting that lasted about 3 days. My period was due on a Tuesday but started that Saturday (5 days late). The only real side effect besides the spotting was I was very irritable the week leading up to my period and I never ever have PMS. I would recommend this highly if you get yourself into a similar situation. Of course condoms, BCP, IUD etc… are a much better option.

May 10, 2014 11:05 AM

Review by futurenurse2017:

For Emergency Contraception: This pill does work! Trust me. I took this pill literally 20 minutes after having sex and I had bad cramping and nausea and breast tenderness for about a week. I didn't get my period on time, I got it 5 days late. But hey, I got it! And I'm so glad. This pill really does work.

May 1, 2014 3:15 PM

Review by maruko (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I had to take Plan B after unprotected sex. I really don't want to have baby so I took it after that 10 hrs. I have no effect for this pill but I was very stressed and worried about when my period arrived. Yes! It worked so well even about 1 day late for period. But so much pain of my back now. Just please make sure you take it before 24 hr.

April 23, 2014 1:31 AM

Review by Sss3345:

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B about 26 hours after sex and was crazy paranoid because I was ovulating when the insident occurred. For almost two weeks I had fatigue, extreme nausea, swollen and tender breast, but then my period came two days early! Period is normal, not heavier or lighter! Plan B does work, but I wouldn't advise taking it often. All those hormones will make you feel absolutely crazy.

April 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Plan B is no joke. It is effective so don't stress if you have taken it within the 72 hours and make sure you rest up. I took it during the time of ovulation about 28 hours after I had a birth control mishap. I had no side effects and got my period about 5 days after (a week before my regular period).

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2014 4:52 PM

Review by SMGApril12014:

For Emergency Contraception: I realized I had been with my partner on a very fertile day, about 14 days before my period was due. I panicked and took Plan B about 20-24 hours later. I was able to buy it at Rite Aid over the counter, which was a relief! I took the pill and had no side effects until about the time my period was due, and then I got a migraine aura twice in a day. Very scary, but I am prone to migraine auras when my hormones change. I figured my period was very close, but it didn't come. I had no other symptoms except maybe slight nausea. Finally, 6 days later I started spotting and having cramps. Hallelujah! I've never been happier to get my period. It was 6 days late. So don't worry - this medication DOES work.

April 1, 2014 12:54 PM

For Emergency Contraception: I have taken Plan B 3 times so far and has worked every time. First time in July 2012 I had unprotected sex took Plan B 4 hours later and got my period with no delay on the exact day I was supposed to get it. The second time in September 2013 I just finished having my period on 8/20 and had protected sex on 9/4, the condom broke so I took Plan B 2 hrs later and got my period 2 weeks early on 9/9. The third time I took it was March 2014. Had a condom break so I took Plan B on 3/21, 4 hrs later. I was suppose to get my period on 4/2/14 but got it yesterday it came 3 days early. Never been so happy to see my period. If you are worried that the pill may not work don't be! It does work when you take it writhing the 72 hour time frame.

March 31, 2014 11:09 AM

Review by TMI:

For Emergency Contraception: My first time taking Plan B, I took it 6 hours after the condom got stuck inside me, (I was so worried, I didn't sleep well that night) After taking it, I didn't experience any side effects, and didn't bleed or anything, and I got my period right on schedule. It did its job! But the second time around, (Yes, it happened again -_-) I took Plan B 20 minutes after, and I started bleeding a week later, looks like my regular period, but my regular period is scheduled to come in 3 weeks, so, I know Plan B worked, and it's normal to bleed a couple days after taking it. Now all that's left is to wait for my period to come.

March 31, 2014 1:21 AM

Review by not prego (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I took the pill 21hrs later, about $55 at Walgreens. These are the symptoms I experienced that may/may not be related to pill: fatigue, hormonal, severe chin breakouts, slight breast tenderness, stiffness in lower right hip. I got my period this morning, 2 days late. So yay it worked!

February 13, 2014 10:01 AM

Review by Lalalee:

For Emergency Contraception: I had protected sex but we thought the condom may have broken so we went to the pharmacy and took the pill within 2 hours of having sex. Even though the condom may have not broken the wait was too long. I got my period 3 days late and it is more painful than usual but definitely worth taking the precaution just in case.

February 11, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by Amber8282:

For Emergency Contraception: I had a condom break 5 days before my period was due. I took Plan B the next morning, about 10-11 hours after the accident. My period was two days late - the day before arrived I spotted light brown all day. I used it once before in a similar situation 3 years ago, around the same time of my cycle. That time, my period was a week late. It is hard waiting, but it seems like this pill works. It does cause a more painful period than normal, but it's worth it in an emergency!

February 2, 2014 2:30 PM