User Reviews for Plan B

9.4
Summary of Plan B reviews 127 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Plan B

Review by Anonymousddddd:

For Emergency Contraception: Had a condom mishap with my boyfriend, it popped and I took this pill probably almost 20 hours later I fell asleep, woke up and I had my period. So I probably would have been fine without it but I'm so glad I took it. I know they work from friend experience. Don't stress like I did,

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by guess flower:

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B an hour after having sex. I was so worried cause they say it doesn't work for over weight people but it does. I'm 190lbs and it worked for me. I got my period two weeks later after taking it. Thank God!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Review by armz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: This is the 4th time I take Plan B over a course of 3 years. And not once has it failed me. The most recent time I took it was 2 days after unprotected sex. I was really worried of it not working this time since it was the longest I had gone without taking it. I got my period on time today. This pill works miracles.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Relieved 18 year old (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: So, there's always that story where the condom broke. My story is the same story. My boyfriend and I were using protection because I can absolutely not get pregnant, and then the worst thing happens; it breaks. right after we were done we noticed and immediately started freaking out. Who wouldn't in our case? about 20-30 minutes later I took the pill, but I still had to wait 16 days for my period. A little less then a week, though, I started! I didn't seem to have any side affects, but that's just me. I have never been more happy to see mother nature making her daily visit.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2015 7:42 AM

Review by Annaaaa:

For Emergency Contraception: I took the pill 6 hours after the condom broke I was so scared but a week later I started bleeding for about 3 days from the pill and as of today I got my period all I can say is ladies don't stress the pill works great.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2015 10:01 AM

Review by Mazamz:

For Emergency Contraception: This pill saved my life! Me and my boyfriend are 16 and have sex, we always use a condom but one night we had an accident where the condom broke. We couldn't go out that night to get Plan B but we went early the next morning (15 hours later). Since I still had to wait 2 weeks to get my period I spent it stressing and nervous. But sure enough today I got my period a day early! I only had a headache and sleepiness for the first two days of the pill. But I'm relieved and it was well work the 50 dollars. Mistakes happen.

January 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by JasmineK:

For Emergency Contraception: I hope this helps some girls freaking out about getting their period and wondering if Plan B really works. I had a condom slip with my boyfriend a couple days before I ovulated and I am not on birth control (I will be now) and after four weeks I got my period early and no side effects. For all those of your girls freaking out after reading reviews on this I really felt better and now I hope I can do the same. Good luck and stay safe ladies!

January 20, 2015 8:07 AM

For Emergency Contraception: Condom came off. Took Plan B about 48hrs later. Was super stressed. About a day before I was supposed to get my period, started having cramps, dizziness and breast tenderness. Long story short my period was a day late but I got it none the less. It's terrible when you're so stressed out and thinking you're pregnant. The pill does work. My cramps are terrible though. I felt the side effects 6-7 days after taking the pill as well.

January 16, 2015 10:44 PM

Review by Rachel Brown (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I'm normally on birth control but had an adverse reaction to a new prescription and stopped. We immediately drove to Walgreens and bought Plan B One Step over the counter. I was frightened by the amount of side effects people mentioned in previous reviews. All I had was a light headache and I was tired, but these only lasted 1-2 days. My period started about 10 days after taking the pill (and about 3 days earlier than normal) and it is a very heavy flow, much heavier than normal (which is fine with me if it means I'm not pregnant.) Just give it time and try not to worry. It WILL work. $53 is DEFINITELY money well-spent

January 12, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by At ease:

For Emergency Contraception: Had unprotected sex on the 13th day of my period so most likely during my most fertile days. Managed to get access to Plan B 60h after the mishap and I am pleased to say that my period arrived on time and we are in the clear. I am so happy that I had this second chance.

January 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Loreylol:

For Emergency Contraception: Life saver, I used it twice in a month, I always had irregular periods so I didn't get my period for a whole month after that. No worries!

January 8, 2015 5:38 PM

Review by Firsttimer74:

For Emergency Contraception: After reading so many reviews in the past couple of weeks, I felt I needed to write one given my unusual experience. I had unprotected sex the first week of December, I took Plan B within 12hrs and felt completely fine. 4 days later I bled very heavily for 4 or 5 days, and figured I safe. Then my period never came, took 2 pregnancy tests both were negative but I got so paranoid once I was a week late I went to the doctor and had a blood test, also negative, but with still no period and "pregnancy symptoms" I was still very concerned. FINALLY 11 days late I started my period. Plan B can definitely throw your system very out of whack, so moral of the story if you're anything like me try and relax!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 3:57 PM

Review by .plan.b.:

For Emergency Contraception: I have taken plan B twice and both times I have been an emotional wreck. My PMS was intensified. Crying for no reason and irritability. My period was also out of whack for a couple of months after. Besides that, no other effects.

January 7, 2015 10:45 PM

For Emergency Contraception: I had no side affects at all, and It really did it's job. I got my period one day early and am so happy to see it. I had a mishap about a week ago and rushed to the store to buy this I took it approx. 3 hours afterwards. Works great best money spent.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 5:59 PM

Review by Relieved_girl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I recently switched insurance providers for work and my regular birth control had run out. I planned to visit a new doctor within two weeks, but my boyfriend and I continued to have sex with a condom. The condom slipped off and I was a mess. He immediately went to the store to get me the Plan B pill and I took it within 30 minutes of the slip. I took the pill on Friday 12/26 and my period just started today 1/1. It is two weeks early, but I'm very relieved! Reading these reviews really helped me feel better when I was in the waiting stage so I wanted to share my positive experience as well

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2015 10:24 AM

For Emergency Contraception: Me and my partner had a minor slip up, both scared of having a baby (they're pretty expensive). I went to get a Plan B about 28 hours after the incident, scared it didn't work because I had no immediate side effects. Safe to say about 4 days after taking the pill I had some off and on cramps for about a day. On the 5th day I started bleeding for about 3-4 days. So that $46 I spent was well worth it! It works.

December 29, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Shailene:

For Emergency Contraception: Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had a condom slip, we both panicked. I am no longer on birth control so there was a problem! I took Plan B about 22 hours after the incident. I only got minor side cramps and back aches. It was a long wait but after 6 days I got my period! And I am over the "weight limit" that people say it won't work because of. But it does! I am writing this for all of you scared thinking this pill doesn't work, don't sweat it. Relax, it really is magic

December 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Review by Sara67:

For Emergency Contraception: After being on birth control for 4 months and never missing a pill, the night I had sex for the first time I had forgotten to take my pill that day. After having sex, we realized the condom had broke and I tried not to freak out. The next morning I went to the pharmacy and bought Plan B about 10 hours later. I took it and it was the worst month of waiting for my period to come because I had just gotten off my period when I had sex. It took forever but 3 weeks later it finally came 1 day early and I am so relieved!!! Plan B is the best 50 dollars I've ever spent.

December 17, 2014 9:12 PM

Review by fashionlover36 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Emergency Contraception: I took this Pill in September after a condom slipped. I got my period on time. I then had to take it two times in October after two mishaps. I bled the week after I took the pills. I never got my period on my exact due date. I got it at the end of November. So girls if your worried you might not get it you will. Just take it on time and right away. I am now going to to get put on the Pill and make sure I have a condom when I have sex. It was a lot of money but worth it. You don't know how happy I was to see my period.

December 3, 2014 5:17 PM

For Emergency Contraception: It did not work.

November 29, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by Scared Lady!:

For Emergency Contraception: I am writing this because reading this forum helped me to calm the fears swirling through my mind! I am on birth control and was 1 day away from taking my placebo pill but was scared of "what if". I had unprotected sex Friday night and Sat morning, I took Plan B Sunday morning about 32 hours after contact. I did not know much about my cycle and my doctor explained that on birth control I would not have ovulated so I could not have gotten pregnant. My period was late by 5 days but I was never so happy to see it after 5 negative pregnancy tests and one negative blood test. The pill will throw off your cycle so if you are late take a deep breath! Also lesson learned and bought my own condoms!

November 28, 2014 7:12 AM

Review by workingmominco:

For Emergency Contraception: It does what it is supposed to do - I didn't get pregnant. However, I took it two months ago (Sept 21) and I'm still seeing side effects. I've always had very mild periods with PMS symptoms starting about a week prior. Now my periods are crazy heavy and the cramping (which is much worse and more painful), feeling sick, tiredness, and breast tenderness starts two weeks before my period. I hope eventually my body will get back to normal but so far I've seen nothing but bad side effects from this medicine. Keep in mind, I'm 5'4 and I weigh 120 lbs and being small may have something to do with it. Also, I usually don't take medication and have never been on birth control because of bad side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by AceR11:

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex one night realizing the next day that a condom was not in the picture. After light freaking out I went to buy the Plan B pill. I've taken it once before almost 3 years ago before it was on the shelf. When I took it this time I had some very noticeable side effects. Cramping, stomach pain, tiredness, dizziness, nausea, lack of appetite but I would go through all of it again if it meant no kids. This pill works and I would recommend it to anyone

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2014 11:41 PM

Review by Teenager2015:

For Emergency Contraception: My boyfriend and I were celebrating my acceptance to my dream school, whenever we realized the condom broke. He hadn't came yet, but we were still worried. I took the plan B pill on the day of my ovulation. I wasn't sure what to expect with it. I ended up not having many side effects, and my period came on the day that it was due. I was super worried, but try not to stress. The pill does work :)

November 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by js0814 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Took the pill about 22 hours after our condom broke. I personally had no bad side effects. Got my period 5 days after I took the pill, much earlier than expected but a huge relief! All the horror stories I heard made me afraid to take the pill, but if it's an emergency Plan B is a very responsible and safe choice.

November 22, 2014 9:55 PM