User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Emergency Contraception 400 reviews 14 medications

Summary of Plan B reviews 400 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Plan B

For Emergency Contraception "My advice. Be Extra careful and ready when being sexually active. Birth control is the best contraception! However, plan b was a life saver. It took a week for my body to take any kind of response. I was dizzy and nauseous, and had my period a week later. I was just like you all reading reviews hoping for a sign it was going to work. So much I was in tears and stressed to the max. It DOES work and sit back and relax, let the medicine do its job. It is pricey, but it is effective. Worth the $."

Sarabryant May 3, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan B after a night of unprotected sex. After consulting my period app I realized I was definitely at the fertile time. We had sex around midnight and I took the pill around 11am the next day. I was due to start my period the following week. The week after taking it I had my normal premenstrual symptoms. Mainly breast tenderness and they were more plump. Once I was late I immediately started reading reviews and effectiveness. There were several people who were late on their period like I was, and complained of the breast tenderness. So I kept waiting hoping I was just going to be late. As of today I am 9 days late so I took a pregnancy test and I'm definitely pregnant."

Unexpected outcome (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "So... Long story short. He pulled out.. Without the Condom *ooops* it was left inside me. So I pulled it out myself. Lol but, It's been 23 hours since I took the pill. I'm not having any side effects as of now & I'm expecting my period in 4 days. I am over 165lbs & just hoping this pill works for me."

Kelikeli (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "The pill worked . My period came 3 days later than the expected date . Cramps are painful "

Anonymous April 28, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "if there is any advice you can take from the internet right now, it's to calm down ladies!! I promised I'd write a review here to settle nervous tummies on my experience, since I was you at one point. I had unprotected sex on day 5 (yes on my period) of my normal 28 day cycle at approximately 9am. I am grateful plan b was available behind the counter at pharmacy and I purchased it less than an hour after the oopsie. here started the waiting game and bizarre side affects such as nausea and fatigue for almost two months. I was 2 weeks late. also, if this helps, I am 50 POUNDS PASSED THE WEIGHT CAPACITY (165lbs) AND IT WORKED!!! :) good luck ladies :) you have nothing to worry about. it works!!"

oopsie daisy! April 26, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex while on my birth control pills not realizing that the anti biotic I am on would counteract with it considering it usually says it on the bottle. However, after I started panicking the very next morning (less than 24 hours) I went and bought the plan b pill from my local drug store for 50$. I did not feel anything after taking it but 24 hours afterwards I felt nauseous, and my stomach felt upset. After that passed, my period was supposed to come 3 weeks later it....my breasts became very sore, and I broke out really bad. All symptoms of my period. So 4 days before my period was supposed to start I got my period!!! I was ovulating, and over the "weight limit" be patient and WAIT!"

Dessssss April 25, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Well this is the second time I have had to take it. I am not making this a routine but accidents do happen. The last time was several months ago. I use to be on the IUD but I continued to have problems with it. I have tried several pills as well but to no avail , my body does not handle them well either. I am considering sterilization but my husband said he would do it. So this is why I have had this experience. One thing I noticed is Plan B has worked for me. I have mood changes similar to PMS for a few days. After about a week (7 days) I begin spotting and start my period. I am thankful but it does work a week after you ended your last period. I can only blame myself. Plan B has worked for me."

C me April 25, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he came inside and we were both terrified. My period was 2 weeks late and him and I were freaking out planning around college and stuff for a kid. Thank God I eventually got my period. Overall this drug has saved me a lot. The worst part is the cost. I did have side effects of major bloating...like, so bad, and I run 5 miles daily. It also made me have symptoms that felt like I was on my period; tired, craving chocolate, moody, and I never threw up, but felt very nauseous at times. I did have a couple dizzy spells, but just pushed through it. Just get through the crappy side effects and you'll be fine. :)"

T1816 April 25, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan B an hour after loosing my virginity and having unprotected sex,it been about a day and I'm mostly just experiencing cramping and nausea, I had just gotten off my period and I'm just praying that I'm not pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex on March 13th and the condom broke. My partner realized before he could orgasm, but I didnt even want to take the slight chance of a precum pregnancy. Also, this was 11 days after the first day of my last period, so I was in the most fertile time of my cycle, about to hit my ovulation day. I took the pill around 15 hours after, on March 14th. 3 days later, I got spotting that left after a few days. I started experiencing nausea, mood swings, bloating, increased appetite, and felt hot always for a little over a week. My *very regular* period was supposed to start on March 30th. Well, I got it 20 days late, today, slightly over 5 weeks after taking the pill. I took 4 pregnancy tests in this time. Be aware, it CAN make you very late"

Still worth it. (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan B 3 times in one month. Yeah i am aware of how bad that was for me but did it work? Yes. The first time i took it I overreacted and probably would have been fine if i didn't take it but the second time the condom broke and he came inside of me. I've never had that happen before and thought for sure i was pregnant. I took plan b about 30 mins after that happened and just continued to pray for my period. About a week later I had sex again and the condom broke AGAIN. (i have the worst luck) he didn't completely finish but there was definitely pre cum. I took plan b for the third time in a month that day and about a week later i got my period. THIS STUFF WORKS, YOULL BE FINE !! praying also helps too."

nicheato (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on April 8 @ around 8 pm. This is my second time taking the pill. We weren't sure if he finished or not so I started freaking out. We went to get the pill the next morning @ 10 am. I took it immediately. I didn't have many symptoms. I finally got my period this morning (April 18) but it came 5 days late."

Anonymous April 18, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "For those of you who are annoyed and stressed about their period, let me tell you guys I was one of you, but not anymore. I took plan B 30 days after my last period and it came yesterday (8 days after taking plan B) trust me guys, after I stopped stressing myself on what I have read on the internet and started to get rid of my phone for a while with a prayer, my period came unexpectedly. ♡ so much love for plan B this is really effective!"

tajmahal April 16, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Okay ladies, I have taken this pill twice in the past 2 years..both due to broken condoms with hubby. Both times I took the pill within 3-5 hours of the incident and am happy to report Plan B was effective for me both times. I did experience a pretty nasty headache, dizziness and nausea for the first 48 hours. I know you must be very scared, but try to remain calm and let the medicine run its course. It is highly effective if taken within 24 hrs so DO NOT delay."

Not ready for babies! April 15, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I would never take it again. I was just merely fatigued the first few days, but on the 3rd and 4th days after (I'm in my 5th day, feeling awful!) I got so incredibly sick that I couldn't function. It felt like my organs were sputtering and it scared the ISH out of me. Now, I'm very healthy; I'm 18, a junior in high school, and on the varsity track team. Still, the drug made me feel like I was legitimately dying & I almost told my mom so she could take me to the ER (so much for the secret aspect of simply popping a one-time pill!). I was extremely dizzy, nauseous, gained 6 pounds in three days (WHILE working out), EXHAUSTED, trembly, incredibly weak, headachy, cramping like never before & with stabbing pains everywhere at random times."

PeytonHutch April 15, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had protected sex with my boyfriend at around 3am and the condom broke but we didn't realize until after he had finished in me, at 12pm the next day i took Plan B. The symptoms i had were breast tenderness, dizziness, headache, cramps, and fatigue. I got my period as supposed to a week later from taking the pill. After that my period arrived at the day it was supposed to and everything was fine! Do not freak out if this happens or if you have a scare! Plan B really works and you can rely on it! i remember how terrified i was and how all i wanted was someone to tell me theres nothing to worry about, so trust me do not worry about anything until you know for sure wether you are pregnant or not."

ITS.OKAY April 13, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "For those of you needing a bit of peace and mind, read this. I had sex with my boyfriend March 3rd and the condom broke. I took Plan B 3 hours after the accident. I took it because I wasn't very sure when I ovulated due to years of irregular periods. The side effects I had after taking it were a headache and some dizziness. I was expecting my period of March 28th but it never came. However, around this time, I was bloated, cramping, and I had very tender breast. I feared the worse and took a pregnancy test on April 1st. It came out negative, but I still hadn't gotten a period, until today (2 weeks late). Good luck to everyone."

Isaaaaaaaaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I've took birth control for 4 months. I had a bad habit of missing a lot. I had protected sex April 2nd at 2am. The condom broke and he had already ejaculated in the condom. I took plan b 9 hours afterwards. It's been a week since I've took it and I've already started my period. The pill has crazy side effects but it's worth it. don't stress about it because the pill is very reliable!!!"

Anonymous April 11, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Didn't experience any side effects really. Period came one day late, which is normal. Worked well. (expensive but understandable as it is last resort option). *note only will work if you haven't ovulated yet. If you have sex and also happened to be ovulating.... It may be bad news man* good luck!"

Yooo (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Hi girls (and guys), I know you're probably scared and worried right now and searching every single website on the internet right now to see what is going on. My boyfriend and I had sex on February 20th on the last day of my period without a condom, just to be safe we thought we should take the pill. Well I was scheduled to get my period on the 19th and I had taken the pill 2 times before just to be safe. I waited and waited and read reviews on this site just like you are now. I took two pregnancy tests after I had waited 4 days without a period (most nerve wracking moments of my life), they were negative and finally 8 days late came Aunt Flow. So with that ladies and gentlemen, be patient, don't stress as easy as it is, it will come soon!"

WaitingAndWaiting April 1, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I taken plan B within the time frame and did everything that I was supposed to do. This pill cost $50 and was not effective. Two weeks after I have taken this I took 4 pregnancy test and all came back positive. I used two different brands just to make sure. Ept being one and the other clearblue. I'm now not sure what to do because having a baby was never in my plans. People don't waste your money. Practice abstinence!"

Flower87 March 31, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Took plan b back in December after unprotected sex and got my period a week later, which was also around the time I should've normally gotten it. It was kind of heavy and lasted 5 days, which is normal for me. Well I had unprotected sex again in January and had what I think was a period 2 weeks after. It was just really light in flow and was more brown than red and it lasted 8 days. Now I'm waiting on my next period which is now 21 days late. I'm cramping, bloated, nauseated and even have thrown up once and had diarrhea. I've taken 2 tests and both came out negative so I have no choice but to continue playing this waiting game I guess. Needless to say, plan b works but its side effects are HORRIBLE."

An impatient college student March 30, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "So my girlfriend and I were having sex and next thing you know the condom broke. We went to a clinic were they gave her the pill and took it around 22 hours after we had sex. I was scared it didn't work because she was barely having symptoms. Her period was supposed to come the 26 but it never came I started to get worried and today it came. Trust me just wait and it'll come, don't stress or think about it too much"

TheBlackGhost (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I'm 19 years old & I took Plan B 3 days after unprotected sex on Friday March 18, 2016. I bought this product Monday night & took it immediately ! At first I thought it wasn't going to be effective because I didn't have any side effects. A few days after I began to feel very emotional,almost a depressed feeling. I also began to feel cramping, & 6 days after taking PLAN B - I got my period !!!!!!! (Sunday March 27,2016). It really worked !!!!"

Jess561 March 28, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I'm 19 and have taken this 3 times in the span of 1 year and its worked like a charm every time. I recently took it last week because I had unprotected sex and the guy came in me all the way and after I found out that I might have been ovulating. I took the pill maybe 3/4 hours later. I got my period yesterday and I could not be happier! I was so worried thinking about it and googling endless possibilities of pregnancies 24/7 but seriously don't even stress it. Plan B has worked for me every time!"

Anonymous March 27, 2016