User Reviews for Ketorolac

Also known as: Sprix, Toradol, Toradol IM, Toradol IV/IM

Learn more about Ketorolac.

Pain 109 reviews 913 medications

7.7
Postoperative Pain 17 reviews 5 medications

7.7
Summary of Ketorolac reviews 126 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Ketorolac

Review by S. Oberhauser (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Was prescribed for kidney stone pain, and got very little relief. For me, a single recommended 10 mg pill worked about as well as 2 ibuprofen - a double dose did work a bit, but again - not better than 800 mg of ibuprofen. Thankfully, I also received a prescription for hydrocodone - which, used sensibly - can take out all but the very worst kidney stone pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by Mike Cunt:

For Pain: Did not work at all for me with kidney stones. They looked shocked when I asked for something else. So long story short, I left in pain.

August 31, 2014 9:41 PM

Review by clittle14 (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Greatest medication I have ever taken. I suffer from severe headaches & migraines that I have endured for at least 25 years now. Up until today I never experienced anything that gave me 100% relief from the pain, and it was delivered very quickly! Within 1 hour or less, I had complete pain relief that I had been suffering from this last time for 2 whole days. I could not believe it. In fact, I did not even recall the name of the injection that the doctor gave me, so I called the office back to get the name of this miracle - Toradol. I never had ANY side effects and will forever be grateful to the doctor for using this injection on me.

July 22, 2014 12:21 AM

Review by MrAll (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac) for Pain: Went to ER for infection pain and this worked within 15 mins. Swelling at infection site went down somewhat in half hour it worked for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 6:21 PM

Review by Donna le Bête Noire (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: On Topamax for seizures, and Imitrex shots, and I still suffer severe migraines. 3-4 days in, I'll call my nurse practitioner, and God Bless Toradol! Less than a week ago, I had a migraine so severe, I passed out, landing face down on hard tile floor. 6 hours at the ER, a CAT scan, and having been given Compazine, Benadryl, Morphine, and an Imitrex shot, they FINALLY gave me Toradol in my IV, like I asked. Sweet relief! I'll be dipped if I can get my neurologist/PCP/nurse practitioner to prescribe Toradol tabs for when I'm at the 3 - 4 day of a migraine. I "get" how you have to be careful due to liver issues with Toradol - but they WILL prescribe a narcotic for the whiplash I'm suffering as a result!

June 18, 2014 10:04 PM

Review by D1nonly2:

Toradol IM (ketorolac) for Pain: Went to urgent care for neck, shoulder, and arm pain. Had taken ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, and muscle relaxants to no avail. Given a shot in the hip. Felt tingling throughout my limbs but only slight decrease in neck pain. By the time I got home, less than 2 hours, pain was back at the same level as before the shot.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2014 4:49 PM

Review by Kaye45 (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Postoperative Pain: I had rotator cuff and bone spur surgery a week ago. At first they gave me hydrocodone 750 and I was still in pain so they changed me to Toradol 10 mg and I still have no relief. I have been in unrelenting pain for 7 days and I can't believe no one can help me!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by Lezlu:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I was given an injection of Toradol at an Emergency Walk-in Clinic this afternoon after spilling a large pot of boiling water all over my thighs. I was in agony when I went in; bordering on screaming in the waiting room. In so much pain they triaged me right away before even registering me. The injection was MIRACULOUS. This evening I have cooked dinner and cleaned up from it, with gauze bandages wrapped around my thighs and ace bandages holding them up. I am terrified of when the effects of the shot will wear off. I have Percocet at home but it's not as good as this injected Toradol was. This seems like the Miracle Painkiller: all the benefits of narcotics but none of the unpleasant side effects.

April 19, 2014 9:36 PM

Review by fruhlpmd (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I am a chronic pain patient who recently required bilateral hip-replacement. I have been on Schedule II narcotics for over ten years for Cervical Disc herniation, and 4 Lumbo-Sacral Disc herniations. I was given an MRI which was repeatedly unsuccessful because I couldn't lay still for more than 8-10 minutes, no where near the required 45-50 minutes needed. I was given 30 mg. IV of Toradol, quite skeptical since the narcotics (140 mg-14 10mg. tablets-of Methadone) I took regularly offered barely any relief. About one hour later, I actually was able to stand upright and walk with virtually no assistance! I believe Toradol worked synergistically with the narcotic; since I'd used it years ago by itself with little effect. It was amazing.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by Hurtin joe:

For Pain: I was given a Toradol injection and five days of Ketorolac (same meds in different forms) for tendinitis of bicept/tricep area of one arm. The shot did nothing for me, and after 6 hours on the first pill the next day, I gave up and went back to ibuprofen. That knocked out the pain in half an hour. Guess it just doesn't work for everybody.

March 20, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by myssmama (taken for 10 years or more):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I have the most painful "girl issues" that you could imagine. I would have to go to the ER to get a shot of a narcotic for the pain. NOTHING ELSE helped, until the best doctor in the world prescribed Toradol. It is the only non-narcotic to help with the cramps.

February 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Review by Leahe (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had a very bad migraine today, and the butalbital only took away the aura and a small amount of the pain. I drove in pain 20 minutes to UW Health Immediate Care which was the closest clinic. The doctor saw me and decided to give me a shot of Toradol. I received the shot in the left hip. It hurt for a minute or two, but my migraine was much better in 15 minutes, had no side effects, and vitals post shot were fine. This is a great in emergancy situations.

February 3, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Rob-H:

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: I was prescribed Sprix for a severe fibromyalgia flare that lasted almost 3 months and nothing my Pain Management Dr. prescribed had helped. I was prescribed Sprix and by the 2nd day I noted a considerable decrease in pain and by the end of day 4 the pain was gone. I finished up the 5 day treatment and 4 days post treatment am still pain free.

December 13, 2013 4:51 PM

Review by Kysky:

For Postoperative Pain: After using medication for 4 days my feet, legs and ankles swelled

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2013 1:14 PM

Review by Chazrose1129 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I suffer from a specific family of migraines where light, sound, smells DON't bother me. I just always have a baseline headache that spikes. We found that Topamax helps keeps the baseline normal but I'll get a spike where I'll have to take my Treximet a 2 dose series. It's not very often I need the second and it's even rarer that after taking the second I'm still suffering but when it does happen 1 or 2 a year I'll call let my Doctors office know I need a Toradol shot and they say come on and within 15mins of getting it I'm 95% if not 100% better. I have no side effects. I get the injection in my right bicep because I'm right handed and use it a lot. Life saver when all else fails.

October 10, 2013 11:56 PM

Review by Marciee:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had an infection that caused irritation to my trigeminal nerve in my face. I had intense and constant pain on the right side of my face, from my lower eyelid to my bottom jaw, which lasted about 2 weeks. It was worse than child birth, which I had done without pain relief! At least labour pains end eventually. I was given Tylenol #3s at first, which maybe lowered the pain from a 9/10 to an 8.5, and made me nauseated on top of everything else. Eventually I cracked, I hadn't slept in days, and I went back to the doctor in tears. I was then prescribed Toradol, and within an hour, my pain was at a 2/10! That was the first night I actually slept in two weeks. It was a life saver, I could not believe the difference it made for me.

October 5, 2013 3:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Was experiencing 10 out of 10 back pain from muscle spasms. Received a 40 mg shot of Toradol. Reduced the pain to maybe 7 or 8. So, it's better than ibuprofen for sure, but it just didn't cut it for serious pain.

August 5, 2013 3:56 AM

Review by Kidney stone sufferer:

For Pain: I get a kidney stone attack at least once a year, the pain is unbearable....so bad that I feel like I will pass out. In the ER they give me Toradol and within 10 minutes or less I feel better. Once they gave me morphine and it didn't touch the pain, now I ask for Toradol. The good thing about Toradol is that you don't feel sick from it and you can drive yourself home.

July 31, 2013 12:05 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Lower back was out to the point of 98% incapacitation. Extreme pain on any movement. After 10 days of severe pain that only got worse, I finally gave up ice/stimulation/medicine and went to urgent care... barely able to walk in. Less than 1 hour after a shot of Toradol, I was walking around the pharmacy/store slowly with only light discomfort, and after 24 hours I was 90% better. After all that pain, it seemed like a miracle. Only had the 1 dose.

July 22, 2013 5:40 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had been suffering from severe back pain for a couple of years due to spinal stenosis and get flare ups a couple times a year. After numerous failed physical therapy treatments I was finally given a Toradol shot. Within 30 minutes my pain was relieved. Love this shot! Can't believe I was not offered this medication 3 years ago. The only side effects I had was minor stomach discomfort.

July 19, 2013 11:10 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Postoperative Pain: I had an emergency C-section, and the morphine they gave me wasn't touching my pain. I was in agony. They gave me Toradol through my IV, and I finally felt relief. I was bummed that they only let me have a few doses, since it helped so much, but I understand it has a lot of possible side effects. I didn't have any while I was on it, though.

July 4, 2013 2:49 AM

Review by MedicsLady (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I get the shot once in a while in conjunction with a steroid shot in my hips for possible sciatic/back pain. The burning and increased pain afterwards is well worth having a day or two of some kind of relief. Doesn't help me all the way and takes a while to fully work for me, but I'll take that over my daily pain any day.

June 18, 2013 12:30 AM

Review by Smidd1 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I take this for migraine pain relief - it works well taking away what I call the " bad feeling" of having a migraine. That awful painful feeling and allows it to be tolerable as just a headache. In combination with my migraine medicine, it will take the whole headache and I don't usually have a rebound headache afterwards.

June 16, 2013 1:20 PM

Review by kellyfj:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I first started taking Toradol when I was in the E.R. for severe back pain back in 1992. In recent years my pain has gotten worse so I was put on it again. I do not take more than about one a month due to its side effects, none of which I have experienced. The doctor only gives me ten to last me at least ten months. All I know is without it I couldn't handle the pain. After about an hour it starts to work and I feel a lot better. I only take it when the pain is at its worse and I have trouble standing or walking. Just wish I could take it everyday.

June 12, 2013 4:04 PM

Review by Sugama (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Severe arthritis in my breastbone, spine, both knees, left ankle and neck! Went to the ER after almost a week of pains in my chest, was given an injection! It burned at first but afterwards no pain, but felt a little sick on the stomach later!

June 9, 2013 1:39 AM