User Reviews for Ketorolac

Also known as: Sprix, Toradol, Toradol IM, Toradol IV/IM

Learn more about Ketorolac.

Postoperative Pain 16 reviews 5 medications

8.1
Pain 102 reviews 908 medications

7.8
Summary of Ketorolac reviews 118 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Ketorolac

Review by fruhlpmd (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

ketorolac for Pain: I am a chronic pain patient who recently required bilateral hip-replacement. I have been on Schedule II narcotics for over ten years for Cervical Disc herniation, and 4 Lumbo-Sacral Disc herniations. I was given an MRI which was repeatedly unsuccessful because I couldn't lay still for more than 8-10 minutes, no where near the required 45-50 minutes needed. I was given 30 mg. IV of Toradol, quite skeptical since the narcotics (140 mg-14 10mg. tablets-of Methadone) I took regularly offered barely any relief. About one hour later, I actually was able to stand upright and walk with virtually no assistance! I believe Toradol worked synergistically with the narcotic; since I'd used it years ago by itself with little effect. It was amazing.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2014 11:01 PM
Review by Hurtin joe: User Rating:

ketorolac for Pain: I was given a Toradol injection and five days of Ketorolac (same meds in different forms) for tendinitis of bicept/tricep area of one arm. The shot did nothing for me, and after 6 hours on the first pill the next day, I gave up and went back to ibuprofen. That knocked out the pain in half an hour. Guess it just doesn't work for everybody.

March 20, 2014 3:09 PM
Review by myssmama (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I have the most painful "girl issues" that you could imagine. I would have to go to the ER to get a shot of a narcotic for the pain. NOTHING ELSE helped, until the best doctor in the world prescribed Toradol. It is the only non-narcotic to help with the cramps.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 22, 2014 11:17 AM
Review by Leahe (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had a very bad migraine today, and the butalbital only took away the aura and a small amount of the pain. I drove in pain 20 minutes to UW Health Immediate Care which was the closest clinic. The doctor saw me and decided to give me a shot of Toradol. I received the shot in the left hip. It hurt for a minute or two, but my migraine was much better in 15 minutes, had no side effects, and vitals post shot were fine. This is a great in emergancy situations.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2014 10:23 PM
Review by Rob-H: User Rating:

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: I was prescribed Sprix for a severe fibromyalgia flare that lasted almost 3 months and nothing my Pain Management Dr. prescribed had helped. I was prescribed Sprix and by the 2nd day I noted a considerable decrease in pain and by the end of day 4 the pain was gone. I finished up the 5 day treatment and 4 days post treatment am still pain free.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 13, 2013 4:51 PM
Review by Kysky: User Rating:

ketorolac for Postoperative Pain: After using medication for 4 days my feet, legs and ankles swelled

October 20, 2013 1:14 PM
Review by Chazrose1129 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I suffer from a specific family of migraines where light, sound, smells DON't bother me. I just always have a baseline headache that spikes. We found that Topamax helps keeps the baseline normal but I'll get a spike where I'll have to take my Treximet a 2 dose series. It's not very often I need the second and it's even rarer that after taking the second I'm still suffering but when it does happen 1 or 2 a year I'll call let my Doctors office know I need a Toradol shot and they say come on and within 15mins of getting it I'm 95% if not 100% better. I have no side effects. I get the injection in my right bicep because I'm right handed and use it a lot. Life saver when all else fails.

October 10, 2013 11:56 PM
Review by Marciee: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had an infection that caused irritation to my trigeminal nerve in my face. I had intense and constant pain on the right side of my face, from my lower eyelid to my bottom jaw, which lasted about 2 weeks. It was worse than child birth, which I had done without pain relief! At least labour pains end eventually. I was given Tylenol #3s at first, which maybe lowered the pain from a 9/10 to an 8.5, and made me nauseated on top of everything else. Eventually I cracked, I hadn't slept in days, and I went back to the doctor in tears. I was then prescribed Toradol, and within an hour, my pain was at a 2/10! That was the first night I actually slept in two weeks. It was a life saver, I could not believe the difference it made for me.

October 5, 2013 3:45 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Was experiencing 10 out of 10 back pain from muscle spasms. Received a 40 mg shot of Toradol. Reduced the pain to maybe 7 or 8. So, it's better than ibuprofen for sure, but it just didn't cut it for serious pain.

August 5, 2013 3:56 AM
Review by Kidney stone sufferer: User Rating:

ketorolac for Pain: I get a kidney stone attack at least once a year, the pain is unbearable....so bad that I feel like I will pass out. In the ER they give me Toradol and within 10 minutes or less I feel better. Once they gave me morphine and it didn't touch the pain, now I ask for Toradol. The good thing about Toradol is that you don't feel sick from it and you can drive yourself home.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2013 12:05 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Lower back was out to the point of 98% incapacitation. Extreme pain on any movement. After 10 days of severe pain that only got worse, I finally gave up ice/stimulation/medicine and went to urgent care... barely able to walk in. Less than 1 hour after a shot of Toradol, I was walking around the pharmacy/store slowly with only light discomfort, and after 24 hours I was 90% better. After all that pain, it seemed like a miracle. Only had the 1 dose.

July 22, 2013 5:40 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had been suffering from severe back pain for a couple of years due to spinal stenosis and get flare ups a couple times a year. After numerous failed physical therapy treatments I was finally given a Toradol shot. Within 30 minutes my pain was relieved. Love this shot! Can't believe I was not offered this medication 3 years ago. The only side effects I had was minor stomach discomfort.

July 19, 2013 11:10 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Postoperative Pain: I had an emergency C-section, and the morphine they gave me wasn't touching my pain. I was in agony. They gave me Toradol through my IV, and I finally felt relief. I was bummed that they only let me have a few doses, since it helped so much, but I understand it has a lot of possible side effects. I didn't have any while I was on it, though.

July 4, 2013 2:49 AM
Review by MedicsLady (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I get the shot once in a while in conjunction with a steroid shot in my hips for possible sciatic/back pain. The burning and increased pain afterwards is well worth having a day or two of some kind of relief. Doesn't help me all the way and takes a while to fully work for me, but I'll take that over my daily pain any day.

June 18, 2013 12:30 AM
Review by Smidd1 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I take this for migraine pain relief - it works well taking away what I call the " bad feeling" of having a migraine. That awful painful feeling and allows it to be tolerable as just a headache. In combination with my migraine medicine, it will take the whole headache and I don't usually have a rebound headache afterwards.

June 16, 2013 1:20 PM
Review by kellyfj: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I first started taking Toradol when I was in the E.R. for severe back pain back in 1992. In recent years my pain has gotten worse so I was put on it again. I do not take more than about one a month due to its side effects, none of which I have experienced. The doctor only gives me ten to last me at least ten months. All I know is without it I couldn't handle the pain. After about an hour it starts to work and I feel a lot better. I only take it when the pain is at its worse and I have trouble standing or walking. Just wish I could take it everyday.

June 12, 2013 4:04 PM
Review by Sugama (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Severe arthritis in my breastbone, spine, both knees, left ankle and neck! Went to the ER after almost a week of pains in my chest, was given an injection! It burned at first but afterwards no pain, but felt a little sick on the stomach later!

June 9, 2013 1:39 AM
Review by rock garden (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I'm a Kidney stone olympian - 14 surgeries. If I don't catch the pain in time with Vicodin then I have to get Toradol shot. Upsets my tummy a little but sure beats kidney stone pain.

May 23, 2013 2:44 PM
Review by LovelyMiXedOne: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Got injection at ER for migraine. Worked fast and took the edge off the pain. The worst part was the actual shot, intense pressure and burning for about 15 mins due to it being injected into muscle. I'll probably be sore for a few days.. otherwise effective, fast acting medicine.

May 14, 2013 10:36 PM
Review by Mdarm62: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Toradol is the only med that takes away the inflammation in my sacral pelvic areas. I can not take oral NSAIDs. So I get injections once a week as needed.

April 3, 2013 9:25 PM
Review by Gwilly (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Double hernia

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2013 11:14 PM
Review by steezy (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

ketorolac for Pain: I got all four wisdom teeth removed today one was also impacted, and after the freezing wore off and I took it, it basically took all the pain away and I would give it 5-10 mins to let it become effective

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2013 9:03 PM
Review by rhondababy10810:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, anti-inflammatories work a little. I was in so much pain I went to ER. They gave me a shot of Tordol and it was a miracle. Only downfall was initial burning from shot, but well worth the relief.

March 2, 2013 8:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I have reoccurring migraines to the point it makes me vomit from the pain. Toradol and Phenergan takes the pain away. Best combination ever. Toradol takes it all away

February 26, 2013 10:57 PM
Review by Mixed Headache disorder: User Rating:

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac) for Pain: For several years I ended up in the ER for severe migraine treatments. In the beginning I was always treated with a narcotic and anti nausea. After taking narcotic and triptan at home failed, usually vomiting uncontrollably. Now I take oxycodone daily. When it fails I go to the ER and now, I get Torodol. It works better than any narcotic. Very fast relief. I rarely get it i.v because now I go before I vomit. The shot in the butt does not bother me and fastest way to get rid of the pain. If I am already vomiting I still take the shot in the butt and the I.V with anti nausea separately. I.V is too slow for pain relief. Never had side effects. But I guess I am getting a mix between the narcotic at home and the shot. Never took it alone.

February 24, 2013 11:23 PM