User Reviews for Ketorolac

Also known as: Sprix, Toradol, Toradol IM, Toradol IV/IM

Learn more about Ketorolac.

Ketorolac Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1801 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ketorolac to treat Pain

Toradol (ketorolac): "This is my emergency migraine medicine. I am on propranolol daily, and take rizatriptan when I have an actual migraine. Once in a while, that doesn't help, and I have to go to my doctor for an emergency shot of toradol. I can have a migraine so bad that I can't open my eyes or speak, but this takes care of it in about an hour. The only side effect I experience is fairly severe pain at the injection site for about 5 days."

sisserydoo June 15, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was dealing with a migraine of all migraines. By the third day straight I could not even brush my hair due to the sensitivity of my scalp. My physician gave me the shot in my bum and with in 5 minutes my ears, eyes, and temples were already loosing pressure. By an hour pain free and have been for the past 3 days."

FancyDana (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "2-day migraine, ended up in urgent care. Wanted Vicodin they ended up giving me a shot of this. Waited 10 minutes for signs of allergic reaction. Pain was reduced although not gone. Left urgent care. 30 minutes later full blown allergic reaction, swelling of face. My experience, this med is not nearly as good as vicodin. Allergic reaction for me marks this as never again."

yamafx4dude (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "I came to urgent care with bilateral knee pain that was hurting so bad, I couldn't work. They diagnosed me with PFS then gave me an injection of Toradol and I never felt a decrease in pain."

Bchkid (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "I've had migraines for years, as you all know, they come and go. I've taken the Imitrex shot and orally, Zomig, Maxalt, among others. My family practicioner prescribes me Flexeril on top of Maxalt. Today, though, I ran out, and had to go to a clinic, and even though I fear needles, I asked for the shot. This was a migraine I knew I was no match for, as my pain threshold peaked a number of times. Immediate burning in my bottom and leg, but it did work well. I wish this were able to be prescribed"

John88 May 18, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "I went to the ER w what I thought was severe kidney pain, I was in hysterics every couple of minutes. They gave me an IV of toradol and I waited, and cried, and waited, and cried. 7 hours later I was still balling my eyes out. The doctor said my organs were fine, but I have intramuscular pain. So as far as that kinda pain goes, in my experience, doesn't do a thing to help. Tho I will say I didn't experience any side affects - positive or negative"

Fifi12 May 16, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "Went in to my doctor after a 3 day migraine. My head hurt so bad they had to turn the lights off in the exam room. They gave me a shot of Toradol and had me lay on the exam table for about 15 minutes. Worked great! After about an hour my migraine was completely gone. The gave me the shot in my thigh it stung for about 5 minutes. My thigh still hurts but ill take it over that migraine any day"

fuzzybunnyslippers (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2015

Toradol IM (ketorolac): "I use to get Toradol I.M injections for cyclic vomiting syndrome. My stomach pain becomes very severe at times and Toradol 1ml injection is the only thing that will stop the pain when I'm having an episode."

Vernag (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2015

"I went into the ER today for severe pain in my shoulder. After an X-ray it was confirmed to be calcific tendonitis. I hadn't slept in 3 days because of the throbbing of pain. Was given a shot of Toradol and within 30 mins the pain went from a 10 to about a 3. It stung for about 20 min but after that was gone. No side effects at all. Highly recommend for severe pain relief."

Annie43 January 31, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "After going to the dentist and starting on my meds from a root canal, I experienced severe pain. I was taking Tylenol 3 and Motrin with an antibiotic and could not bare the pain any longer. Went to ER and the Doc gave me a shot of Toradol and it was able to settle the pain till I see the dentist in the morning. A miracle pain medicine."

Nannue15 January 30, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "Just had Toradol injection for very painful wrist tendinitis. My belly is killing me. Can't tell if my wrist is better because all I can concentrate on us my tummy pain. I am not sure it isn't worse than my wrist pain is/was. Gosh I hope this stops soon!"

Pami124 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have had migraines for 40 years and Botox injections have worked well for the past 2 years but since October ( it is now January) they are starting to come back with a vengeance. I was having them every day over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and my doctor put me on a Prednisone pack for 5 days and I felt great but as soon as I quit taking it, the headaches came back. They were mild and then 3 days later I felt pretty good but got an aura, so I knew a bad one was coming. Sure enough, a bad one woke me up and it was one of the worst ones I have had in years. I called my doctor and they suggested I come in for a Toradal shot. I got the shot and in 10 minutes, sweet relief!! My arm hurt like hell for a while but who cares!"

Micabrown50 (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2015

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was on day 2 of a doozy of a migraine and ended up at urgent care. I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension which causes pretty much constant head pain, but had been non symptomatic for over a year. Up until today I would maybe get 1 migraine a month and taking Excedrin migraine would stop it in its tracks. This time it did nothing. My migraine was still going strong at 36 hours. A shot of Toradol in one hip and Imitrex in the other and I feel like a different person! Better within the hour! I would give it a ten but as others have mentioned, it was pretty darn painful when injected! Definitely a burning/stinging sensation for about 20 minutes. This was my first experience with both of these medicines but I am amazed!"

Jenn R (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2014

"Was prescribed for kidney stone pain, and got very little relief. For me, a single recommended 10 mg pill worked about as well as 2 ibuprofen - a double dose did work a bit, but again - not better than 800 mg of ibuprofen. Thankfully, I also received a prescription for hydrocodone - which, used sensibly - can take out all but the very worst kidney stone pain. "

S. Oberhauser (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2014

"Did not work at all for me with kidney stones. They looked shocked when I asked for something else. So long story short, I left in pain."

Mike Cunt August 31, 2014

Toradol (ketorolac): "Greatest medication I have ever taken. I suffer from severe headaches & migraines that I have endured for at least 25 years now. Up until today I never experienced anything that gave me 100% relief from the pain, and it was delivered very quickly! Within 1 hour or less, I had complete pain relief that I had been suffering from this last time for 2 whole days. I could not believe it. In fact, I did not even recall the name of the injection that the doctor gave me, so I called the office back to get the name of this miracle - Toradol. I never had ANY side effects and will forever be grateful to the doctor for using this injection on me."

clittle14 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2014

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac): "Went to ER for infection pain and this worked within 15 mins. Swelling at infection site went down somewhat in half hour it worked for me."

MrAll (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2014

Toradol (ketorolac): "On Topamax for seizures, and Imitrex shots, and I still suffer severe migraines. 3-4 days in, I'll call my nurse practitioner, and God Bless Toradol! Less than a week ago, I had a migraine so severe, I passed out, landing face down on hard tile floor. 6 hours at the ER, a CAT scan, and having been given Compazine, Benadryl, Morphine, and an Imitrex shot, they FINALLY gave me Toradol in my IV, like I asked. Sweet relief! I'll be dipped if I can get my neurologist/PCP/nurse practitioner to prescribe Toradol tabs for when I'm at the 3 - 4 day of a migraine. I "get" how you have to be careful due to liver issues with Toradol - but they WILL prescribe a narcotic for the whiplash I'm suffering as a result!"

Donna le Bête Noire (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 18, 2014

Toradol IM (ketorolac): "Went to urgent care for neck, shoulder, and arm pain. Had taken ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, and muscle relaxants to no avail. Given a shot in the hip. Felt tingling throughout my limbs but only slight decrease in neck pain. By the time I got home, less than 2 hours, pain was back at the same level as before the shot. "

D1nonly2 May 18, 2014

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was given an injection of Toradol at an Emergency Walk-in Clinic this afternoon after spilling a large pot of boiling water all over my thighs. I was in agony when I went in; bordering on screaming in the waiting room. In so much pain they triaged me right away before even registering me. The injection was MIRACULOUS. This evening I have cooked dinner and cleaned up from it, with gauze bandages wrapped around my thighs and ace bandages holding them up. I am terrified of when the effects of the shot will wear off. I have Percocet at home but it's not as good as this injected Toradol was. This seems like the Miracle Painkiller: all the benefits of narcotics but none of the unpleasant side effects."

Lezlu April 19, 2014

"I am a chronic pain patient who recently required bilateral hip-replacement. I have been on Schedule II narcotics for over ten years for Cervical Disc herniation, and 4 Lumbo-Sacral Disc herniations. I was given an MRI which was repeatedly unsuccessful because I couldn't lay still for more than 8-10 minutes, no where near the required 45-50 minutes needed. I was given 30 mg. IV of Toradol, quite skeptical since the narcotics (140 mg-14 10mg. tablets-of Methadone) I took regularly offered barely any relief. About one hour later, I actually was able to stand upright and walk with virtually no assistance! I believe Toradol worked synergistically with the narcotic; since I'd used it years ago by itself with little effect. It was amazing."

fruhlpmd (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2014

"I was given a Toradol injection and five days of Ketorolac (same meds in different forms) for tendinitis of bicept/tricep area of one arm. The shot did nothing for me, and after 6 hours on the first pill the next day, I gave up and went back to ibuprofen. That knocked out the pain in half an hour. Guess it just doesn't work for everybody."

Hurtin joe March 20, 2014

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have the most painful "girl issues" that you could imagine. I would have to go to the ER to get a shot of a narcotic for the pain. NOTHING ELSE helped, until the best doctor in the world prescribed Toradol. It is the only non-narcotic to help with the cramps."

myssmama (taken for 10 years or more) February 22, 2014

Toradol (ketorolac): "I had a very bad migraine today, and the butalbital only took away the aura and a small amount of the pain. I drove in pain 20 minutes to UW Health Immediate Care which was the closest clinic. The doctor saw me and decided to give me a shot of Toradol. I received the shot in the left hip. It hurt for a minute or two, but my migraine was much better in 15 minutes, had no side effects, and vitals post shot were fine. This is a great in emergancy situations."

Leahe (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2014

Sprix (ketorolac): "I was prescribed Sprix for a severe fibromyalgia flare that lasted almost 3 months and nothing my Pain Management Dr. prescribed had helped. I was prescribed Sprix and by the 2nd day I noted a considerable decrease in pain and by the end of day 4 the pain was gone. I finished up the 5 day treatment and 4 days post treatment am still pain free."

Rob-H December 13, 2013