Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Ketorolac

Also known as: Sprix, Toradol, Toradol IM, Toradol IV/IM

Learn more about Ketorolac.

Ketorolac review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1851 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ketorolac to treat Pain

Review by fuzzybunnyslippers (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac): Went in to my doctor after a 3 day migraine. My head hurt so bad they had to turn the lights off in the exam room. They gave me a shot of Toradol and had me lay on the exam table for about 15 minutes. Worked great! After about an hour my migraine was completely gone. The gave me the shot in my thigh it stung for about 5 minutes. My thigh still hurts but ill take it over that migraine any day

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2015 8:18 PM

Review by Vernag (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Toradol IM (ketorolac): I use to get Toradol I.M injections for cyclic vomiting syndrome. My stomach pain becomes very severe at times and Toradol 1ml injection is the only thing that will stop the pain when I'm having an episode.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 12:16 AM

Review by Annie43:

I went into the ER today for severe pain in my shoulder. After an X-ray it was confirmed to be calcific tendonitis. I hadn't slept in 3 days because of the throbbing of pain. Was given a shot of Toradol and within 30 mins the pain went from a 10 to about a 3. It stung for about 20 min but after that was gone. No side effects at all. Highly recommend for severe pain relief.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2015 9:21 PM

Review by Nannue15:

Toradol (ketorolac): After going to the dentist and starting on my meds from a root canal, I experienced severe pain. I was taking Tylenol 3 and Motrin with an antibiotic and could not bare the pain any longer. Went to ER and the Doc gave me a shot of Toradol and it was able to settle the pain till I see the dentist in the morning. A miracle pain medicine.

January 30, 2015 8:18 AM

Review by Pami124 (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac): Just had Toradol injection for very painful wrist tendinitis. My belly is killing me. Can't tell if my wrist is better because all I can concentrate on us my tummy pain. I am not sure it isn't worse than my wrist pain is/was. Gosh I hope this stops soon!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 8:14 PM

Review by Micabrown50 (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac): I have had migraines for 40 years and Botox injections have worked well for the past 2 years but since October ( it is now January) they are starting to come back with a vengeance. I was having them every day over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and my doctor put me on a Prednisone pack for 5 days and I felt great but as soon as I quit taking it, the headaches came back. They were mild and then 3 days later I felt pretty good but got an aura, so I knew a bad one was coming. Sure enough, a bad one woke me up and it was one of the worst ones I have had in years. I called my doctor and they suggested I come in for a Toradal shot. I got the shot and in 10 minutes, sweet relief!! My arm hurt like hell for a while but who cares!

January 10, 2015 4:27 PM

Review by Jenn R (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac): I was on day 2 of a doozy of a migraine and ended up at urgent care. I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension which causes pretty much constant head pain, but had been non symptomatic for over a year. Up until today I would maybe get 1 migraine a month and taking Excedrin migraine would stop it in its tracks. This time it did nothing. My migraine was still going strong at 36 hours. A shot of Toradol in one hip and Imitrex in the other and I feel like a different person! Better within the hour! I would give it a ten but as others have mentioned, it was pretty darn painful when injected! Definitely a burning/stinging sensation for about 20 minutes. This was my first experience with both of these medicines but I am amazed!

November 29, 2014 1:53 AM

Review by S. Oberhauser (taken for less than 1 month):

Was prescribed for kidney stone pain, and got very little relief. For me, a single recommended 10 mg pill worked about as well as 2 ibuprofen - a double dose did work a bit, but again - not better than 800 mg of ibuprofen. Thankfully, I also received a prescription for hydrocodone - which, used sensibly - can take out all but the very worst kidney stone pain.

October 3, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by Mike Cunt:

Did not work at all for me with kidney stones. They looked shocked when I asked for something else. So long story short, I left in pain.

August 31, 2014 9:41 PM

Review by clittle14 (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac): Greatest medication I have ever taken. I suffer from severe headaches & migraines that I have endured for at least 25 years now. Up until today I never experienced anything that gave me 100% relief from the pain, and it was delivered very quickly! Within 1 hour or less, I had complete pain relief that I had been suffering from this last time for 2 whole days. I could not believe it. In fact, I did not even recall the name of the injection that the doctor gave me, so I called the office back to get the name of this miracle - Toradol. I never had ANY side effects and will forever be grateful to the doctor for using this injection on me.

July 22, 2014 12:21 AM

Review by MrAll (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac): Went to ER for infection pain and this worked within 15 mins. Swelling at infection site went down somewhat in half hour it worked for me.

July 13, 2014 6:21 PM

Review by Donna le Bête Noire (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Toradol (ketorolac): On Topamax for seizures, and Imitrex shots, and I still suffer severe migraines. 3-4 days in, I'll call my nurse practitioner, and God Bless Toradol! Less than a week ago, I had a migraine so severe, I passed out, landing face down on hard tile floor. 6 hours at the ER, a CAT scan, and having been given Compazine, Benadryl, Morphine, and an Imitrex shot, they FINALLY gave me Toradol in my IV, like I asked. Sweet relief! I'll be dipped if I can get my neurologist/PCP/nurse practitioner to prescribe Toradol tabs for when I'm at the 3 - 4 day of a migraine. I "get" how you have to be careful due to liver issues with Toradol - but they WILL prescribe a narcotic for the whiplash I'm suffering as a result!

June 18, 2014 10:04 PM

Review by D1nonly2:

Toradol IM (ketorolac): Went to urgent care for neck, shoulder, and arm pain. Had taken ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, and muscle relaxants to no avail. Given a shot in the hip. Felt tingling throughout my limbs but only slight decrease in neck pain. By the time I got home, less than 2 hours, pain was back at the same level as before the shot.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2014 4:49 PM

Review by Lezlu:

Toradol (ketorolac): I was given an injection of Toradol at an Emergency Walk-in Clinic this afternoon after spilling a large pot of boiling water all over my thighs. I was in agony when I went in; bordering on screaming in the waiting room. In so much pain they triaged me right away before even registering me. The injection was MIRACULOUS. This evening I have cooked dinner and cleaned up from it, with gauze bandages wrapped around my thighs and ace bandages holding them up. I am terrified of when the effects of the shot will wear off. I have Percocet at home but it's not as good as this injected Toradol was. This seems like the Miracle Painkiller: all the benefits of narcotics but none of the unpleasant side effects.

April 19, 2014 9:36 PM

Review by fruhlpmd (taken for less than 1 month):

I am a chronic pain patient who recently required bilateral hip-replacement. I have been on Schedule II narcotics for over ten years for Cervical Disc herniation, and 4 Lumbo-Sacral Disc herniations. I was given an MRI which was repeatedly unsuccessful because I couldn't lay still for more than 8-10 minutes, no where near the required 45-50 minutes needed. I was given 30 mg. IV of Toradol, quite skeptical since the narcotics (140 mg-14 10mg. tablets-of Methadone) I took regularly offered barely any relief. About one hour later, I actually was able to stand upright and walk with virtually no assistance! I believe Toradol worked synergistically with the narcotic; since I'd used it years ago by itself with little effect. It was amazing.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by Hurtin joe:

I was given a Toradol injection and five days of Ketorolac (same meds in different forms) for tendinitis of bicept/tricep area of one arm. The shot did nothing for me, and after 6 hours on the first pill the next day, I gave up and went back to ibuprofen. That knocked out the pain in half an hour. Guess it just doesn't work for everybody.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by myssmama (taken for 10 years or more):

Toradol (ketorolac): I have the most painful "girl issues" that you could imagine. I would have to go to the ER to get a shot of a narcotic for the pain. NOTHING ELSE helped, until the best doctor in the world prescribed Toradol. It is the only non-narcotic to help with the cramps.

February 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Review by Leahe (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac): I had a very bad migraine today, and the butalbital only took away the aura and a small amount of the pain. I drove in pain 20 minutes to UW Health Immediate Care which was the closest clinic. The doctor saw me and decided to give me a shot of Toradol. I received the shot in the left hip. It hurt for a minute or two, but my migraine was much better in 15 minutes, had no side effects, and vitals post shot were fine. This is a great in emergancy situations.

February 3, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Rob-H:

Sprix (ketorolac): I was prescribed Sprix for a severe fibromyalgia flare that lasted almost 3 months and nothing my Pain Management Dr. prescribed had helped. I was prescribed Sprix and by the 2nd day I noted a considerable decrease in pain and by the end of day 4 the pain was gone. I finished up the 5 day treatment and 4 days post treatment am still pain free.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2013 4:51 PM

Review by Chazrose1129 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Toradol (ketorolac): I suffer from a specific family of migraines where light, sound, smells DON't bother me. I just always have a baseline headache that spikes. We found that Topamax helps keeps the baseline normal but I'll get a spike where I'll have to take my Treximet a 2 dose series. It's not very often I need the second and it's even rarer that after taking the second I'm still suffering but when it does happen 1 or 2 a year I'll call let my Doctors office know I need a Toradol shot and they say come on and within 15mins of getting it I'm 95% if not 100% better. I have no side effects. I get the injection in my right bicep because I'm right handed and use it a lot. Life saver when all else fails.

October 10, 2013 11:56 PM

Review by Marciee:

Toradol (ketorolac): I had an infection that caused irritation to my trigeminal nerve in my face. I had intense and constant pain on the right side of my face, from my lower eyelid to my bottom jaw, which lasted about 2 weeks. It was worse than child birth, which I had done without pain relief! At least labour pains end eventually. I was given Tylenol #3s at first, which maybe lowered the pain from a 9/10 to an 8.5, and made me nauseated on top of everything else. Eventually I cracked, I hadn't slept in days, and I went back to the doctor in tears. I was then prescribed Toradol, and within an hour, my pain was at a 2/10! That was the first night I actually slept in two weeks. It was a life saver, I could not believe the difference it made for me.

October 5, 2013 3:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac): Was experiencing 10 out of 10 back pain from muscle spasms. Received a 40 mg shot of Toradol. Reduced the pain to maybe 7 or 8. So, it's better than ibuprofen for sure, but it just didn't cut it for serious pain.

August 5, 2013 3:56 AM

Review by Kidney stone sufferer:

I get a kidney stone attack at least once a year, the pain is unbearable....so bad that I feel like I will pass out. In the ER they give me Toradol and within 10 minutes or less I feel better. Once they gave me morphine and it didn't touch the pain, now I ask for Toradol. The good thing about Toradol is that you don't feel sick from it and you can drive yourself home.

July 31, 2013 12:05 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac): Lower back was out to the point of 98% incapacitation. Extreme pain on any movement. After 10 days of severe pain that only got worse, I finally gave up ice/stimulation/medicine and went to urgent care... barely able to walk in. Less than 1 hour after a shot of Toradol, I was walking around the pharmacy/store slowly with only light discomfort, and after 24 hours I was 90% better. After all that pain, it seemed like a miracle. Only had the 1 dose.

July 22, 2013 5:40 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Toradol (ketorolac): I had been suffering from severe back pain for a couple of years due to spinal stenosis and get flare ups a couple times a year. After numerous failed physical therapy treatments I was finally given a Toradol shot. Within 30 minutes my pain was relieved. Love this shot! Can't believe I was not offered this medication 3 years ago. The only side effects I had was minor stomach discomfort.

July 19, 2013 11:10 PM