User Reviews for Fanapt

Psychosis 5 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Fanapt reviews 11 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Fanapt

Review by Fanapt Fan:

For Psychosis: This medication has changed my life. It helps me with my psychosis, depression, and anxiety, with virtually no side effects. It made me tired initially but that didn't last longer than a week. I also lost a few pounds which is great because I had gained lots of weight on other medicines. I LOVE Fanapt! I'm a new person on this medication and for the first time in my life, I am doing well in school.

December 19, 2013 6:06 PM

Review by AmeliaBound (taken for less than 1 month):

For Schizophrenia: My son who is 27 has only been on this 2 days and he says he is socializing. Spoke to people, played ping pong.

September 7, 2013 7:44 PM

Review by vinman563:

For Psychosis: I was put on this a few days ago. It does seem to level out my mood and it seems to make me "spin out" a lot less. Sleeping better after stressful situations and am bouncing back from emotional setbacks much better. Only problem so far is I am unable to ejaculate. Hoping they find something that will allow me a sex life though. I am dizzy and groggy on it too. But I will definitely use this if no other treatment gives me the peace that Fanapt does.

July 16, 2013 3:58 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Schizophrenia: I couldn't sleep at all. It made my heart beat fast. Overall physically I felt very uncomfortable and unstable. I stopped it and went back to Zyprexa.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 7, 2013 2:42 PM

For Schizophrenia: Amazing medicine, side effects minimal and results fast. Hallucinations, visual and auditory gone completely within days of starting this medication, also seemed to improve overall mood.

November 17, 2012 9:10 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Psychosis: I was put on Fanapt for my Bipolar a little over a year ago. I also take other medicines, but this one really did the trick for me and got me on track. I do struggle with the drowsiness and take it early in the evening in order to get up the next morning... but it is worth it to me.

October 26, 2012 1:27 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizophrenia: My daughter had great symptom control, but developed urinary and fecal incontinence after being on it for over a year. Back to looking for the next best medication.

October 24, 2012 4:57 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: Fanapt was the third medication I tried to treat mood swings associated with Bipolar Disorder. It has worked wonders for me! It decreased my emotional reactivity so that I am able to perform well at work. I have less anxiety and my hypomanic episodes are not only fewer, but also less intense. I really wish that it was less expensive, though. My insurance will not cover it and even if it did, it is so expensive that it would consume more than half of my annual benefit allotment. I hope I can find a way to continue taking it. It has made such a difference for me.

February 5, 2012 6:07 PM

For Schizophrenia: This medicine has saved my life. I take it along with other medicines of course, but I can really tell the difference in my level of anxiety. Would recommend anyone with unrelenting anxiety to try.

October 25, 2011 9:03 PM

Review by SusieQ41:

I take Fanapt for Bi-Polar Disorder and Anxiety. Have been on Fanapt for several months and have had great results with it. I missed 2 doses and could see a huge difference in myself. I would recommend it to anyone. I haven't had any side effects from it. It's been great.

January 2, 2011 12:04 PM

I have only been on this medication for 5 days and I haven't slept in 5 days. Going to stick with it for another 5 days and see what happens.

October 23, 2010 1:13 AM

Review by Natsu:

For Schizophrenia: I have only been taking Fanapt for a couple of months now and am happy to say it really works well and has less side effects then my previous medicines.

June 2, 2010 12:47 PM

Review by sjAimee:

For Psychosis: I've been on this for a month. The symptoms I was put on this medicine to control are under control. It's worked great for that. The problem lies with the side effects. I'm sleepy constantly. I went from sleeping less than 4 hours a night to sleeping more than 12 hours a day. I'm exhausted. I've put on weight and I have a stuffy nose, head cold symptoms all the time. If I miss a dose the cold like symptoms let up but when I take the next dose its back in full force. I have been "sick" for the last month. No medicine that I've been put on for the "cold/allergies" help. It has to be the Fanapt causing it. I'm miserable. I stopped taking it 2 days ago and the cold just magically went away. Imagine that!

April 14, 2010 7:39 PM

Review by sebmissya:

For Psychosis: Just recently started taking this for depression, bipolar, insomnia and anxiety. I feel so tired and groggy feeling.

March 26, 2010 6:56 PM