User Reviews for Hydrocortisone/pramoxine

Also known as: Analpram E, Analpram-HC, Enzone, Epifoam, HC Pram, HC Pramoxine, Hydropram, Novacort, Pramcort, Pramosone, Pramosone E, Procort, Proctofoam HC, Rectocort HC, Zone-A, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Hydrocortisone/pramoxine.

Dermatitis 1 reviews 344 medications

Psoriasis 1 reviews 309 medications

Summary of Hydrocortisone/pramoxine reviews 17 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Hydrocortisone/pramoxine

Review by stoneyb:

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for : This works great. I had bleeding with constipation and this stopped it and only have to use when bleeding showed up. Lasts me about a month.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2013 8:34 AM

For Hemorrhoids: I have used AnalPram singles on and off for years now and had great success. The problem I have with this generic Hydrocortisone kit from Acella is that the applicator is of very poor quality. It has squares cut out on the sides to allow the cream to disperse. These square cutouts are raised slightly along the smooth applicator and tend to scrape the thrombosed tissue as it enters an already swollen and painful part of the body. The poor construction of the applicator causes pain and bleeding. The holes on the side of the applicator should not be square but round so as to not cause scraping upon entry. This is a sign of poor quality control within the company that should be looked into by it's company officials. Someone is going to get hurt

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2012 5:51 PM

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: Pretty quick pain release, combined with high doses of Ibuprofen is quickly effective .

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 13, 2011 7:07 AM

Review by relieved in NC:

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: After two months of suffering and trying over-the-counter ointments and creams, suppositories, witch hazel pads, doing sitz-baths and tub soaking, my condition was only getting worse, not to mention, the ointments and creams were setting me on fire. I finally sought medical attention at my doctor's office. After only two doses, I was able to finally sleep without being awakened with irritating symptoms. I will never be without it. I have been using it 2 - 3 times a day for the past 5 days. However, I have an appointment to have a colonoscopy to make sure that there are no other internal issues that need to be addressed due to the severity of my condition.

June 24, 2011 11:08 PM

Review by kmavaz:

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: I have used this product sporadically for the past 8 years and have always achieved outstanding results. Upon application there is a slight burning sensation but then immediate relief from the burning and itching sensations. The foam can be somewhat messy and fill the syringe SLOWLY with small bursts until it expands to the fill line. I have overflowed the syringe when first starting to use this product when not experienced with regulating the "bursts". I use this in conjunction with Hydrocortisone Cream 2.5% and my condition decreases within 3 days on average. Although we have had a very humid, hot summer and dietary changes has caused an extreme outbreak this year and it is taking longer than usual to cure.

August 29, 2010 9:51 PM

Pramosone (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: Offers temporary relief, no sting.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2010 9:03 PM

Review by Mr. Buttsky:

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: Helps a lot. The anal itchiness and burning are mostly all gone.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2009 12:10 PM

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: Stopped the pain and itching almost immediately! It didn't make my thrombosed hemorrhoids go away too fast but it definitely made me feel better to where I could function again (like walk and sit). I would use it again and had no unpleasant side effects.

August 20, 2009 12:58 AM

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: I was prescribed this for not only hemorrhoids, but also anal fissures. After the first use they were shrunken and no more bleeding, itching or pain. This medicine is a miracle.

July 6, 2009 11:12 PM

Review by Gary23:

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: Works temporarily. As long as there is no bowel motion the hemorrhoids seem healed. As soon as there is a bowel motion we are back to square one.

February 3, 2009 3:08 PM

Review by doug1:

Pramosone (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Psoriasis: It burns at the beginning but within a few minutes stops the pain associated with severe psoriasis. It numbs the affected area for relief.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2009 5:11 PM

Review by Aniruddha:

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: It works like magic. I was suffering for 4 days. Once I applied the cream the pain was gone in 12 hrs.

November 13, 2008 10:30 AM

Pramosone (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Dermatitis: I have eczema, which is a form of dermatitis. I get it most predominantly in the fall through the spring on different parts of my body. I take an antihistamine for the itching sensation and use pramosone for the dry, cracked, painful physical reaction. It has saved my life (and my mind) more than a few times; however, once it expires it doesn't have the same amazing effect.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2008 5:08 PM

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: This has helped tremendously internally!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2008 8:39 AM

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: Was prescribed analpram on day 6 of hemorhoids. Finally by day 8 they started to shrink. This stuff is great.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2008 10:31 AM

Review by Mr. Big Hemorr:

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: My Hemorroids are gone! Thank you!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2008 6:59 PM

Pramosone (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Dermatological Disorders: I have been highly prone to sunburning my lips, although my skin rarely burns. At times my chapstick with spf wears off before I can reapply so I treat the resulting swelling, burning, and sometimes blisters with pramosone. It quickly relieves the pain, burning, and helps heal my lips more quickly than any medicated chapstick or ointment. Pramosone is a savior for my sunburn.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2008 1:24 AM

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: Fixed up my hemorrhoids well.

May 9, 2008 4:09 PM