User Reviews for Lidoderm

Learn more about Lidoderm.

Postherpetic Neuralgia 1 reviews 41 medications

Pain 36 reviews 1069 medications

6.1
Summary of Lidoderm reviews 37 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lidoderm

For Pain "I had been using lidocain 5% patch for years and they really do work. They allow me to move without the major pain I suffer from spinal injuries and major depression. Recently my insurance carrier sent me lidocaine patches manufactured my the Mylar company. These patches are a complete waste of money . The Mylar backing is inflexible and do not move with the body. They fall off within seconds. The edges curl as you put them on.. I do not take narcotics for pain management these were my only help to reduce the pain. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patches they are useless."

Kat# April 16, 2016

For Pain "The Watson patches work well and stick. The Mylan patches are garbage. They do not stick and deliver no relief."

Asull20266 April 16, 2016

For Pain "The lidocaine patches made by Endo and Watson are wonderful. The Mylan brand however is terrible. Mylan patches don't stick very well to skin, and bunch up and come off very quickly. Sweating also makes them come off. Mylan patches don't seem to work very well either, but that may have to do with the fact that they are so hard to keep on. They do however stick quite nicely to my clothes. Every time I tried to keep one on my hip, it quickly bunched up and stuck fast to my nylon underpants and ruined them. CVS & Rite Aid switched to Mylan generic brand (in my area), forcing me to transfer my prescription to Walgreens. Call around to find pharmacies that still carry other brands, and write letters to inform your pharmacy."

Shari M March 21, 2016

For Pain "Like the many others that have written responses, I have been using Lidoderm patches for many years. I began with the Brand Name and then CVS switched to the generic by ENDO. If you can find this generic it works just like the original. But recently they switched to the newly developed generic by Mylan. Do not waste your money. They are highly ineffective. Difficult to separate from the plastic and very stiff un-maleable. Once applied the stiffness causes them to lift up, beginning with the corners and pretty soon the whole patch releases. Obviously the adhesive doesn't work either. I can't get them to stay on long enough to see if they even work - no where the recommended 12 hours which I have had no problem with on others!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2016

For Pain "For Pain: "While I've gotten very helpful joint pain relief from other brands (WATSON), the MYLAN brand patches are the WORST, MOST INEFFECTIVE, waste of time and money. The backing is thin but stiff pinching the skin making it very uncomfortable and unsuitable. And then they won't stick. The web site, but not the box, says to press on the patch for better stick, but then pretty much admits you will need tape around the edges which leaves the middle where the meds are still not sticking. I only am out a small copay but my insurer spent over $200 a box on this garbage. Don't waste your time to call or write Mylan about their inferior product they will do nothing about it except "apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced"."

MYLAN WHAT A WASTE (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2016

For Pain "I have 5 Bulging Discs in 3 different areas, Degenerate Disc through out the spine, & Arthritis through out the spine. I also have Fibromyalgia. I also have shattered bones in my left hand & left foot. The Lidoderm Patch works well for the areas that are quite excruciating even after taking my regular medications. I also find I do not have to take quite as many pain medications when using the Lidoderm Patches. Thank U ever so kindly Kamneo"

Kamneo53 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

For Pain "I have non-union/unfused sternum from open heart surgery. This is one thing that really helps with the pain. Only bad thing is insurance will only pay for it if I have shingles. I only wish the FDA would do further studies so that those of us who need this patch can get our insurance to cover it. The insurance covered it until 2016."

Pierre's Partner (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

For Pain "Lidocaine 5% patch from Watson are great but found out they are not making them anymore. =( So, was given patches from Mylan They are stiff plus do not stick at all. They are a poor substitute."

suffering sciatica February 20, 2016

For Pain "The MYLAN brand 5% is useless! Waste of money. It does not stick to fresh cleaned skin with rubbing alcohol first, it does not stay on to provide medicine even if taped on outside edges and it's plastic! Bad for skin. I'm going to change pharmacies to avoid using this,brand again or cough up cash for my reg. Brand. I would not depend on this. Seriously it does not stick for 2 mins."

Leah0u812 January 30, 2016

For Pain "I have been using the generic lidocaine patches for years, with great results. My pharmacy, which I have to use because of my insurance, switched to generic patches from Mylan. These new patches are HORRIBLE!!! They are stiff and do NOT stick at all! I am stuck with a 6 month supply of patches that DON'T work. I've spent over an hour with various people at the pharmacy! And they all say it's not their problem. Great. Just great."

Another victim of bad meds (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Pain "I've used other forms of this patch which works like a miracle pain remedy and would find pain relief instead of taking opioids which weren't working anyway. However, to my misfortune they do not make any other patch that I'm aware of anymore aside for these Mylan Lidoderm patches and THESE DO NOT STICK TO THE SKIN! I've tried everything to make the patches stick from putting tape (which I'm shouldn't have to do), to rubbing it on. These patches need to be re-made to stick!! PLEASE...PLEASE...the OTHER ONES .. HELPED WITH MY PAIN from a 10 to a 3 with the one's that stick!! For me that's great, I'm happy!!"

mecastenon.mailfresnostate.ed (taken for 10 years or more) January 19, 2016

For Pain "Mylan patches do not stick as well as the Qualitest ones, which work great. Pharmacist tried to give me the Mylan as substitute, said to use a bandaid to hold them on...been on the Qualitest ones for several years."

Chuck it January 13, 2016

For Pain "The Mylan Lidocaine 5% Patches are horrible... not only do they not help with the pain, but they are very stiff once you put it on and when you try to take it off it rips the hair out of your back! It horrible will never use another one again!!!"

Laura 417 December 4, 2015

For Pain "The new lidoderm patches from Mylan are not effective because they do not stay on, and they do not let my skin underneath breathe.and they want to stick to themselves which make them ineffective. I will not use them ever again. The Qualitest lidoderm patches work wonderfully. The Mylan do not work in all fields. It needs alot of work."

Peekay222 November 17, 2015

For Pain "I have several pain related medical issues including fibromyalgia, arthiritis in various joints and spine, and Ankylosing Spondylitis. I experience severe lower back pain when laying down or with physical activity that involves standing for even short periods of time or bending over. etc. I am treated with two types of opiods for pain. However, despite using these strong medications my back, hip, and pelvic pain exceeds the threshold of my opiod treatment schedule. As a result, I generally use the Lidoderm patches on my back/pelvic and hips. All I can say is they are fabulous . I've used these for several years now. I can put on the patch(es) for 12 hours of any 24 period. I can use between 1-3 patches as needed."

Sylwis (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 23, 2015

For Pain "I started using these about 10 years ago for pain in my foot from a torn tendon. Now I am using for severe low back pain. This really works. It sticks fine as long as you smooth it on. You can tape it on as well. Also these patches can be cut to use in various places and to save money. I highly recommend"

Dee1956 July 3, 2015

For Pain "Had horrible back pain, along with other opiates this product works wonderfully."

Vickie p August 10, 2014

For Pain "I've had numerous invasive spinal surgeries, sciatic nerve pain, as well as discomfort at the site of my neurostimulator implantation. The patches alleviate the discomfort in conjunction with a medication regime put in place by my pain management doctor that I follow to the letter allowing for less medication having to be taken while they're in use. I've had no side effects. Overall a very positive experience."

Twty (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2014

For Pain "I suffer from chronic lower back pain in the Lumbar, right above my cocix. I have been going through lower back pain for some years. I have severely ruptured my lower discs when I used to be a furniture delivery driver. I would move couches, lazy boys, 500lb dining tables, bedroom sets and more for 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, I have tried medications such as Methadone, Morphine, and Vicodin. Some of them work, my thing is I do not like take narcotics but this patch is amazing. I put one on, in about 1 hours time I feel such a major relief. It takes a while to kick in but it works great. It takes my pain level from a 10.5 to a 5. Only downfall(s) adhesive is not that great and they are very expensive."

JasonNapolitano November 29, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "This worked quite well for acute severe shoulder rotater cuff pain but took a couple of hours to kick in. The weirdest thing though is I had a side effect where I saw yellow color on white walls. Also had a little trouble focusing eyes and was a little dizzy. Would go away when wore off and then same thing when tried again, so had to stop."

blueeye April 1, 2013

For Pain "I was in a car accident and suffered a 4th rib fracture, 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th ribs were also injured and suffered pectus excavatum. The Lidoderm pain patches helped to decrease my pain level from a 10 to a 3. I can not ride in a car with out wearing these patches. I wear one in my subclavian area and two in my 6th and 7th thoracic area (total of 3). These patches really manage the pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2012

For Pain "I've found the patches stay on my back better if I use rubbing alcohol to clean my skin, allowing it to airdry prior to applying the patch. My husband must help me apply them because they are hard to get on your upper back by yourself. Also it seems like my body gets used to them after a few weeks so I will take a break from using them for a few days. My biggest complaint is that they are so expensive. I must use 3 for them to be effective but I have a high deductible insurance plan so there are times I simply can not afford the patches."

Sapphirereflection (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2012

For Pain "My doctor gave me a couple of these to try out before I filled a script for them (for shoulder and lower back pain). I cut them up because they are HUGE. Put ½ on my back and ½ on my shoulder the first night. I hadn't slept more than a couple of hours a night for the last week because of my back (that's with oxymorphone and oxycodone) and WOW, slept like a baby! Took my back pain from an 8 to a 3. I didn't even notice the patch was there. Now for my shoulder though, these things aren't very sticky and so the movement makes them come off in just a couple minutes. I taped it down, but it's kinda bubbling in the middle and I'm having a hard time keeping it in contact with my skin unless I'm holding my arm just so."

blueXS (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2012

For Pain "Bursitis in shoulder - had received numerous Injections over multi years - Dr suggested Surgery or try Lidocaine Patch - applied Patch over 120 days and then discontinued - it has been 2 years with no further pain - AMAZING."

h/b February 16, 2012

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I had shingles from my right index finger and thumb to the top of my head. I thought my arm would explode at times. Areas of skin on my arm and shoulder had terrible sensations. Lidoderm patches were a great help. I was taking 800 mg NSAIDS with no effect. Went to a pain management specialist who gave me 15 mg oxycodone every 4 hours, Lyrica, and these patches. Max 3 patches - 12 hours per day. The worst was over after two weeks. But the pain continues in my right hand - now 9 months. The Oxycodone at bedtime with a patch over the affected parts of my hand will let me sleep 6 hours most nights. The patch doesn't do it all, but it is a good assist. And it is not an NSAID."

Anonymous February 6, 2012