User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Cryptococcal Meningi...nocompetent Host 0 reviews 5 medications

7.5
Coccidioidomycosis 0 reviews 9 medications

Blastomycosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bone Marrow Transplantation 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Coccidioidomycosis, Meningitis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcal Meningi...osuppressed Host 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection, In...and Disseminated 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Pneumonia 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Histoplasmosis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Systemic Candidiasis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Corporis 0 reviews 115 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 111 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 100 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Been 7 hours since I took it feel better really sore down there but no itching"

Votrade June 30, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the GYN with burning, irritation, and mild clear/white discharge about three weeks ago. Had a pelvic exam and swabs were taken. She said it looked most like a yeast infection and prescribed Diflucan one tab immediately and one tab three days later. Labs came back after both doses had already been taken and the infection was bacterial (BV). Was prescribed metronidazole gel which then caused the yeast infection I didn't have in the first place. Back to the Diflucan. Three pills in one month, but since the third pill (when I actually now do have a yeast infection) I am having dizziness. Annoying, unending spinning. Also, the yeast symptoms did not abate after four days. Monistat 3 helped in one night. Never again, Diflucan."

Misdiagnosed 2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have had a few yeast infections. Always because of strong antibiotics. My doc always prescribes 2 pills take one immediately then the next 72 hours later. It has worked every time. I didn't really have an upset stomach this time. I made sure to eat plenty before I took it. Seemed to help. Warm compresses have been my best friend and showering 2x a day to keep extra clean seems to help. "

Lena0517 June 21, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took antibiotics and got a yeast infection went to the Drs they prescribed Monistat 3. Took it for the 3 days still was experiencing a lot of itching and burning. Went back to the Drs she prescribed the one dose pill. Took it Thursday afternoon felt nausea, had headaches, and stomach aches (side effects) but helped with the burning pain by he next day. It's now Sunday and the itching burning and a pain is back. Going back to the Drs tomorrow for the 3rd time in 2 and a half weeks. So want this to go away. Feeling like I need to get second opinion."

Anonymous1000 June 14, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have many, many medication allergies and extremely sensitive skin. With any antibiotic therapy, I always end up with a yeast infection. :( I take Diflucan 150 mg by mouth for 7 days - it's just the regimen that works for me. I've tried it on many different schedules. I also mix COLD water and 7 drops of tea tree oil in a peri bottle and rinse area several times daily. Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial and the oil soothes skin. Imperative the water is cold, as warm or hot will cause increased itching and irritation. Make sure you dry area very well by blotting only or use hair dryer on cool setting. I always take RX before bed to sleep thru any side effects!"

Elle, RNP (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 6, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ive used this medication quite a few times in the past few years and it definitely always works. Sometimes one is not enough though but the 3 pill regimen always works when used as directed. Best part is that you can also drink alcohol on this and it will still work. No bad side effects or burning so far."

TabbyDarling May 26, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I get yeast infections when i drink alot of wine. It usually works with a mild infection if you take it upon first notice within 48 to 72 hours. But I feel relief in the first 24 hours. I also use baby diaper rash cream to relieve itching. This works like a dream. Desitin is the best. Just the regular strengt. Immediate relief! The pill does the rest. If you let it get too severe take 2 pills 2 to 5 days apart. That works in 3 to 5 days. Abstain from Alcohol and food high in sugar such as soda and sweets. If the Diflucan doesn't offer relief in 2 to 3 days you might have Vaginatis a bacterial infection which sometime seems like a yeast infection and requires a different medication. Call you doctor."

Deeza May 11, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my second yeast infection I have had and the doc that I went to prescribed fluconazole. Didn't give me a hole lot of info on it other then it would cure the infection. I took the pill at around 10pm and it is now 5am and I can barely stand. My burning and itching has stopped, but my stomach hurts so bad and I have spent the last hour on the toilet. It is a side effect but I don't know if I should be concerned..."

NikkiLea May 9, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I initially got the yeast infection due to many antibiotics and medication after a car accident. It was unbearable and I ignored it for a month in which it worsened. I decided to try monistat 7 which was a remedy which was painful but worked wonderfully until I started taking my antibiotics again. I experienced some mild itching and immediately went to my ob/gyn. She prescribed two doses of 150mg fluconazole. I took one yesterday around 10AM and was fine during the day. At night I felt like there was some mild irritation in that region so left over cream from the monistat 7 was used. Today I took it around 3PM and it made me quiet nauseous but I am experiencing no further itching or irritation. Hopefully it will be gone for good!"

Jan Doe April 24, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am so so fed up. I've been having symptoms now for a week, I took one pill last Saturday (it's now Friday) and by Weds there was minor improvement so I took another one (at great expense) on Weds. I'm still itching like mad. I can't use the cream as I am allergic to it. I have had this problem before. I can't get to the docs as I work many miles away from my surgery. I used the pessaries last time and that didn't work either. Breaking my bank ... Can it really take a week to work?"

Lu1985 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "My gynecologist always prescribes 2 150 mg tablets packaged together for yeast infection. You take one immediately and then the other in 5 days. Works like a charm! I always develop a vaginal yeast infection when I take antibiotics! It's great to have this handy as a preventative!"

Pearlofagirl55 (taken for 10 years or more) March 28, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my first yeast infection. I was too scared to tell anyone. So I dealt with it for almost a week. But last night I couldn't handle it anymore. So I told my mum. She called. And the doctor sent in a prescription. I took the pill earlier around 1.30 pm. It's now 1.41 am. It took away a lot of the itching a burning when I pee. But it still slightly hurts to wipe. And it's slightly itchy. I have another dose I can take. But I'm waiting to see if this will help. And clear up by tomorrow or get better."

hoopbla (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I get chronic yeast infections and this is the only only medication that has ever worked for me, this last time I started it Tues. Around 2pm and didn't feel any relief until Fri. And I always have to take a 150 mg once a day for 7 days,I highly recommend this."

Ginamariea March 15, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Oral Thrush: "Very easy to use and works for days after swallowing the tablet. Also inexpensive!"

Anonymous March 15, 2015

For Tinea Versicolor: "This is my third treatment in a year and a half. My doctor says it will probably come back every 6 months, and it has. I take 300mg !!! It clears up in a week but as prescribed I still take another dose a week after first dose."

Nicolanut (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I never had so many yeast infections as I have had in the past year. Was on long course of antibiotics. Just a warning in December thought I had yeast infection and it was terrible. By the time I got to doctor it was actually bacterial vaginosis. Had to take Flagyl. If you have an unusually severe yeast infection, get checked. However anytime I did use fluconazole it works great."

rockchick66 February 18, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candidemia: "Helped a lot."

badriforget (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "I am still having problems with a bad taste in my mouth, no appetite, nausea after taking a single dose over a week ago. I suffered a very bad headache for 3 days after the dose. It was miserable."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went 21 years with never havin a yeast infection and then had 3 within like 2 months. This is the only medicine I have ever been given and it worked immediately. I took 3 (extremely small pills) one day and if symptoms continued I would take 3 more in 3 or 5 days. I never needed the second dose because it always cleared up. It provides great relief."

Vee92 January 10, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Seriously the only medicines that work for any problems. It gets the job done when you have a yeast infection from antibiotics. Fair warning have this around when you first take antibiotics."

Ash12345 December 25, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Be patient it does take a few days for the symptoms to clear but after about 4 days you should see improvement. There is a topical cream your Dr can provide that helps with burning and itching. To ease pain soak in cool water frequently... But it may take up to 7 days to clear."

Chew654321 December 10, 2014

163 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am extremely prone to yeast infections particular with any antibiotic use. The medication took 3 days to clear up the infection used in conjunction with Monistat 3; however, the redness, irritation, and extreme itching remained, to the point where I could not sit still. I read on another forum that using a generous amount of zinc oxide cream would help. I was desperate to try anything and it truly did the trick! It provided instant relief and I just had to share this with others who may be experiencing the same symptoms. Forget using those anti-itch creams that come with Monistat! Use the zinc oxide instead and you will save yourself the agony. Be sure that you clean and dry the area first before applying the zinc cream. Works wonders!"

twinklenoz (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I started showing symptoms of a yeast infection after being on antibiotics for about 5 days, which is a common side effect. My doctor prescribed this pill. I took it and I had almost complete relief the next night. I took it Wednesday evening around 4 and by Thursday night I felt a lot of improvement. It is now Sunday & I feel 100% back to normal and I'm still on my antibiotics. This pill stays in your system for several days which is why it is so effective. I highly recommend this. I will never use OTC Medicines again."

Renee C November 30, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a yeast infection to the 10th Power. I tried some OTC vaginal medicines and definitely didn't work out for me. Seem like it got worse. Very embarrassing and uncomfortable NOT A GOOD FEELING! My Dr prescribed me 2 doses at 150mg each. Took the 1st pill at noon and I could really feel relief within hours. I highly recommend this pill for quick relief. Thank goodness for Fluconazole!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took the dosage on Thursday night. It is Sunday and I am still experiencing itchiness and discharge."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next