User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 12 medications

7.2
Tinea Versicolor 3 reviews 98 medications

Summary of Fluconazole reviews 143 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Fluconazole

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had an on going vaginal yeast infection for about 6 weeks. I tried 7 day monistat and it provided a few days of relief and then it was right back and even worse. So I did another 7 day round and by day 3 it was burning so bad to use it so I just stopped. I gave in and went to the Dr and he prescribed diflucan one dose and I took that, had no relief until he 3rd night. Felt totally normal for almost 48 hours and then the symptoms came right back and are even worse now. Hoping that even though it's my 5th day into treatment that it will be gone by day 7. Maybe I will just need another dose but as of right now I'm not happy with diflucan."

Anonymous February 2, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The side effects of this drug were terrible. I had severe diarrhea for two days, and persistent vomiting for three days now. I also experienced a fever that lasted for 12 hours. Haven't been able to keep any food down, and feel terrible. I honesty would rather have a yeast infection. If you plan on taking this medication I'd recommend taking over a weekend when you don't have anything going on, in case you get violently ill from it like I did."

Stratbrat96 January 19, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "My doctor gave me a three day course of 200 mg per day. I have taken it the last couple of days and still itchy but zero discharge. I never had the discharge but the swab showed that it was yeast. The itch has been unbearable with inflamed clitoris :("

Itchynat January 14, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Diflucan works freaking miracles; I'm never using OTC creams again. Last month (after a round of antibiotics) I developed a mild yeast infection and used Monistat One Day to clear it up. Unfortunately, I should've listened to other reviewers about Monistat because, this month before my period, the infection came back with vengeance! I called up my doctor and got a prescription for the genetic 200mg Diflucan. This drug is a heaven send! I took it with food at 5pm, and by 7pm, I was already feeling better. The discharge was firming up and exiting my body, the itching was lessening, and the discomfort of my labia was improving. No discomfort, burning, or messy creams with this medication. Why deal with Monistat when Diflucan is an option?"

On The Mend January 10, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had an yeast infection for like 3 days went to the Dr yesterday and they gave me diflucan n cipro i still feel it..... When will it disappear?????"

N3LLy January 8, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "1 dose of Diflucan clears my yeast infection within 24 hours especially the itch. I have never had any issues. For bacterial vaginosis, My doctor prescribes flagyl 500mg bid for 7 days with 1 dose of diflucan & that does the trick."

I don't have time for itchines (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a yeast infection after taking an antibiotic for an ear infection. Although relief wasn't instantaneous, with one pill I felt a major difference in about 12 hours!"

thank god! (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Systemic Candidiasis: "I had what I thought was a yeast infection since I've had several over the years. Went through two rounds of Monistat which eased up the pain but it came right back. Went to the doctor yesterday, and he said that he thinks I have Candidiasis of Vulva and Vagina. He prescribed two 150 mg Fluconazole, one for yesterday and the second pill in a week. I woke up this morning with horrible diarrhea. The vaginal burning is about 85% better though. If it gets rid of the Candidiasis, I can handle the side affect."

Autumnsnana (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this pill 2 days ago. I have been sick ever since. I have an awful headache, constantly feel like throwing up & I'm itchy. Stick to the cream, I have never had a reaction to any medications so thought this would be fine. Don't risk it!"

Shelbyjack January 2, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have tried this medication on a few ocasions. And it had never worked for me. I try to save a few dollars. Now I know better I will stick to the other two name brands."

Pikku December 28, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Oh my gosh! I took this medication last night and I am experiencing horrific diarrhea and still kinda dizzy this morn. I hope it works after all this. Just sayin. :)"

ShellD December 26, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DO NOT DRINK if you take this medication. The alcohol makes it not work. I had no idea and I like my wine. A Dr friend of mine told me that alcohol could be affecting the drug. Anytime I have ever tried to drink and take this it doesn't work. If I don't drink at all when I take it.. It works like magic. If you have had a problem with it not working make sure you're not drinking. Even one drink has made it not work as well for me. It literally is a lifesaver."

The Wine Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ladies, I read some comments on here I wanted to respond to. If you've been taking the diflucan pill more than once and you're still experiencing pain and discomfort you might actually have bacterial vaginosis The symptoms are very similar and sometimes yeast infection medicine can cause this. You will need a different prescription to clear this up. Just a thought to consider if your symptoms are not clearing up. Think about making a visit to the doctor to find out."

Hopefully helpful December 17, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have had a yeast infection for 5-6 days and was using Monistat until yesterday when I called & got a script for 2 Diflucan150! Took the first one yesterday morning & not much change at all this morning. Will take the second one tomorrow morning & pray it works. I had nor had a yeast infection for at least 10 years. No side effects & drinking lots of water. Having gall bladder surgery on Friday & want this cleared up prior to surgery. Sorry to say the docs offices are not a lot of help. So what else is new???"

Jomo3 December 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took one pill last night (fluc)-Very Powerful-Felt lathargic-but it worked immediately :)"

saintsgrl (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Was tired of dealing with creams and the mess due to them. I always seem to get a yeast infection after antibiotics. My doctor called this in. Yes I was like no way two pills was going to work but by the end of the week most of the symptoms were gone."

Sports loving mom (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took it at 4:41 it's now 5:20 and I feel dizzy and light headed. I ate before taking it ...the dizziness brought me here"

Da Bratt November 11, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It worked after 4 days and cleared up and then came back 3 days later"

nothappysally November 10, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Personally, thus drug gives me a fixed drug eruption in the form of a huge, round rash on one of my breasts that is intensively itchy and burns. It feels like a horrible sunburn. Therefore, I am clearly not a fan."

Amanda5 November 8, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After {stupidly} using a scented body wash (instead of my normal unscented soap for sensitive skin) to wash my lower extremities, I non-surprisingly got a very irritated yeast infection. I considered just buying Monistat or any other drugstore cream because I wanted medicine ASAP. Instead (being that it was my first yeast infection) I went to my GYN to get something stronger that would knock the infection out of the park in the best way possible. He prescribed me 3 pills to take for 3 consecutive days.I took my first pill around 6:00. About 10:00 that night I passed out. I did some research & found out that dizziness was a side effect. After a week the infection was gone. (I never passed out or even got dizzy with the 2nd pills). Thankfully"

C-Marie November 5, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was prescribed fluconozole for a yeast infection after treating my bacterial vaginosis with metronidazole. I'm on my 3rd pill and I'm finally feeling relieved."

Imeverywoman (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had the itching symptom bad rarely any burning, so I went to the OBGYN the next day cause I was always itching in my sleep . The doctor check & said its just yeast . A big relief cause a week before me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex so I was scared . I took one pill and now the yeast just leaking out in a clumpy formation . I hope it be gone soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "4 days since I took this and still no relief. I'm so depressed now and so uncomfortable"

Drivingmeinsane October 23, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had the yeast infection from hell. Finally went to the dr and got Diflucan. I am on my 2nd pill with a 7 day regimen. Almost no itching and starting to feel so much better! Also a little tip; orajel has worked MUCH better for the itching and pain than anything meant for the vag. My dr recommended this. Who knew? :)"

Dmap October 22, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm 24 weeks pregnant and have had an ongoing yeast infection since I was 10 weeks along. My doc has tried everything from different suppositories to diflucan. 5 different medications and no relief. I was in the ER today for my infection causing so much pain and they gave me diflucan. So far no side effects but all my symptoms are still here and its been about 8 hours."

Mom2princess (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015