User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Cryptococcal Meningi...nocompetent Host 0 reviews 5 medications

7.7
Coccidioidomycosis 0 reviews 9 medications

Blastomycosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bone Marrow Transplantation 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Candida Urinary Tract Infection 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Coccidioidomycosis, Meningitis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcal Meningi...osuppressed Host 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection, In...and Disseminated 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Pneumonia 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Histoplasmosis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Corporis 0 reviews 114 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 109 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 75 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Fluconazole

Review by jackieoooo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Took the pill Tuesday night, felt somewhat relieved on Wednesday night but slight irritation and itch but no more discharge. I recommend you try to keep the area clean and dry. It really helps always towel dry after every shower with separate clean towel.

September 25, 2014 12:45 AM

Review by Mother queen (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I am prone to yeast infections during pregnancy. This is my first one for this pregnancy and it is horrible. I used Vagisil Extra Strength to help with the itchiness. It made my symptoms worse. Usually I use a 1% hydrocortisone cream. I did get a prescription from my doctor for Diflucan and took it ASAP. No relief yet. Hoping that my body hasn't gotten use to the medicine. If so, I am in for a miserable pregnancy.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 9:16 PM

Review by Bostonian girl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: The past few days I've had this horrible yeast infection. Thankfully this pill exists because I wanted to cry earlier from being so uncomfortable. My doctor gave me this 1 pill and I felt relief within the first hour. I have no doubts that I'll be 100% within a day or two. Oh! And I didn't experience any side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2014 9:47 PM

Review by 'schell (taken for less than 1 month):

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: After having a urinary tract infection for three weeks, & three different antibiotics, with the third being Bactrim, I developed a horrible yeast infection. Thank goodness my Dr. prescribed seven days worth of Diflucan. After one pill, I experienced relief. Not complete relief, but I could finally get some sleep. Before Diflucan, I went through two tubes of Vagisil. It works but there is a perfumy smell that clings to the body. If my Dr. had only prescribed one pill I would be back in the ER begging for something to relieve the maddening itch. This is my first yeast infection & I hope I never get another!

August 7, 2014 3:25 AM

Review by Mother of a 4yr old (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: They gave this to my child since he got 2 toenails infected with fungus. (I think he got it on vacation) anyways he was using this and it was working miracles so definitely push the Dr to give you this. Of course your liver has to be good.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 2:44 AM

Review by Sinclaire (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I took it at 5pm and all of my symptoms were gone by 11:30. I got the yeast infection from antibiotics and I'm so glad it's gone! This medication is amazing. Also I see a lot of ladies saying they have Chronic yeast infections, my advice is to change you diet and health routine.

May 28, 2014 2:40 AM

Review by Matty L.:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I got this one oral pill 150 mg. prescribed by my OBGYN yesterday to treat my 1st time yeast infection. Dr. told me to wear 100% cotton underwear for 2 weeks. ALways drying the area well after shower with a clean dry towel, plus using hair dryer blew it dry (use regular air, not hot air). Then, applying baby diaper rash cream (like Desitin) all around that area on both side. Finally, taking a cup of yogurt everyday. I asked if I could take probiotic, she said it's fine. After taking the pill yesterday morning. Last night, I didn't wake up until 5:30 am. Late morning, there was still some itchiness, but not too severe. I hope it will get better tomorrow. So far, I haven't felt any side effects. Good luck, everyone!

May 24, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by TigerDiva (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had an operation on my wrist which was packed with antibiotics. These gave me a yeast infection, my first ever. The surgeon prescribed 2 doses of this. I had a horrible allergic reaction to it! About 4 hours after taking the first dose, my neck, chest and 1/2 of my face was covered in a itchy burning rash. The Doc just said to take Benadryl and still take the other pill! Just let me say, having the pain from surgery, then the misery of a yeast infection and add to that my entire upper body in a burning rash (plus the anti-pain meds made me nauseous) it was a bad week of HELL. The rash took a week to go away and Benadryl didn't help it at all. So Beware of the side effect!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2014 3:05 PM

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I too had a rash close to my vagina, a pretty bad one & my gynecologist said it was bacterial vaginosis along with a yeast infection. It was my 1st infection so I had no idea what was going on. She prescribed me metronidazole 500 mg for 7 days, on day 4 I took Diflucan 1, on day 7 I took another Diflucan 1, three days later I took my last one. I didn't start seeing results until I was taking both medications together. For those of you who have to pay for your medicine go on their website they have a $5 off coupon.

May 4, 2014 12:44 AM

Review by Annee1:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Have had two yeast infections in the last two months, most likely brought on by stress, HORRIBLE diet and lack of sleep. Both time I took a series of three Diflucan three days in a row. It helped, but took about 5 days to see any real results. My biggest issue is the rash I get "down there" on a yeast infection. Sadly, Diflucan doesn't help that. It's day 7 and the infection is mostly cleared. Just waiting on the rash to clear up.

April 22, 2014 7:22 AM

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have issues with yeast infections and I took one pill Monday night and the second Wednesday night, every symptom went away except for the itching! I can't stand it anymore. It's now Thursday and I'm still itching not as bad but still. This medication has always worked for me before and all symptoms were gone in two days... not this time. I'm still itching.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by Chinka (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had got a yeast infection from eating too many sweets in one week. I had like a pie and a cheesecake everyday. I tried plain yogurt, garlic, and monistat and it appeared that everything had cleared up. But having unprotected intercourse with my fiancé, I gave him a yeast infection, finally went to the clinic and it went from a severe to minor yeast infection, I paid 80 for this pill, it worked wonderful. the drug stayed in my system for 7 days clearing up my yeast infection. Now that I know they have it at Walmart I'll get a prescription and buy it from there.

November 17, 2013 7:59 PM

Review by rcka (taken for less than 1 month):

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I took 3 Diflucan for a yeast infection and used over the counter Monistat 3 day first on my own. One month later I am still experiencing burning tongue, metallic taste in my mouth, slight pains going through each breast, very tired and slight itch and burn on occasion in the vagina. I took this along with HRT and have been reading about the interaction they have together. All I have been told is that I may have overdone the treatment, had an allergic reaction, and killed too much good bacteria. Will never take this drug again.

November 12, 2013 7:57 PM

Review by Tara is not happy:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I took this pill on Friday it is now Sunday and I'm still having all symptoms. It has not done anything for me. I have another refill for it I will get today and if it does not help I will be going back to get something else. This is my first yeast infection and they are nasty little demons.

November 10, 2013 11:27 AM

Review by Emzy20133:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I've taken this product twice in the past once as a teenager (one dose) worked within a day or so and worked great again te last time I took 3 doses over a week or something.. Ive been prescribed again to take one dose monthly before periods I'm feeling very anxious this time but hoping works great like he other times us ladies put up with some awkward business down below!!!

October 31, 2013 3:07 PM

Review by Jill777:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I went to my gyno, she gave me a prescription for this. I took it at night around 11:45pm and went home, showered, and went to bed. SO I didn't feel any side effects cause I was sleeping. No nausea, no dizzy, no pain. This pill is Free with my insurance and refills on this for a full year. (some ppl say take two, so maybe in a week I will get another)

October 28, 2013 9:55 PM

Review by Meggie128475:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: This drug is a godsend for people who get chronic yeast infections. I just don't know what I would do without it, because the OTC meds do not even TOUCH my yeast infections. We are talking horrible itching and burning to the point of feeling like you want to climb the walls! Sometimes it takes more than 1 dose, but my doctor did tell me this drug was harsh on your liver and for people like me who already have some liver issues, that is the only thing I worry about when taking it. Otherwise, I just would be in misery all the time without this drug.

October 26, 2013 12:36 PM

Review by No longer itchy :):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I LOVE FLUCONIZOLE!! It ALWAYS works fast & eases my "issues" VERY QUICKLY! - Generally, I take a 150mg tablet, every 3 days. (Sometimes 2 doses, sometimes 3, depending upon severity.) - Other helpful suggestions include: Drinking plenty of water, eating yogurt, (or my favorite) a probiotic drink like Strawberry Kefir. - AVOID: any alcoholic drinks, especially beer for a yeast infection, I've heard beer can possibly be a good thing with bladder infections, but I'm not certain. - Tips to AVOID yeast infections to begin with: beware that consistently wearing pantyhose, tights, or spandex, is a BAD idea, your "bits" need time to "breathe", NEVER USE VASELINE, or OIL on your bits, ever!! Avoid any flavored ANYTHING internally in your "parts.":)

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2013 7:58 PM

Review by kskater11 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: The best for clearing up a yeast infection. Got some relief in a few hours with no side effects. Have taken many times and totally clears things up within a couple of days. Such a great alternative to the messy suppositories.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2013 11:34 PM

Review by Jen0620:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: It is unbelievable how wonderful this medicine is for yeast infections! I went to doc for a urinary tract infection and also had symptoms of redness, burning, itching and swelling. It was the worst ever! Took 1 pill and already noticed results in just a few hours! It is a miracle.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2013 12:35 AM

Review by Olivia mare (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: This is my second yeast infection due to taking antibiotics. Fluconazole is really good. It's only been like 16 hours but I feel so much more relief already. Also drink tons of water and have yogurt, it also helps!

June 11, 2013 1:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: This pill works well. I have a recurrent yeast infection (some call it "chronic") and the over the counter meds doesn't work for me. I see a lot of others commented on here saying that this medication made them very sick, however, my guess is that they were experiencing the Herxheimer reaction, which is where the Candida bacteria are dying off rapidly causing flu-like symptoms (the liver can't expel the toxins fast enough and it over loads the body). One reviewer described this reaction to a "T". It isn't a reaction to the pill necessarily, but her body's natural response to getting rid of the infection. Anyway, this medication does take some time to work and may require a few doses.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2013 8:37 AM

Review by ccudd:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Diflucan works well, but often I need to take more than 1 to clear up the vaginal yeast infection. 2 and sometimes 3 are needed.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2013 9:39 PM

Review by That Itched (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had a moderate vaginal yeast infection, and it was the first sort of thing like that I've ever had. I went into the University wellness center to be checked out, and was offered 2 options: a three-time creme and vaginal suppository treatment, or a one-time orally ingested antibiotic. I chose the method that was least... ichy, the pill. I've nothing but good reviews for the medicine. It was convenient, being a one-and-done thing. It was effective- experienced some relief within 24-36 hours of taking it, was completely relieved within 4/5 days. A week later, the yeast infection appeared to be near completely gone. I had almost no side effects other than some very mild nausea shortly after ingestion. Would take again if need be.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2013 1:12 AM

Review by Kelli Rae (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I love this miracle medicine. No messy creams to deal with and it works fast. I had a HORRID yeast infection from having a urinary tract infection and then taking antibiotics. I always get a yeast infection from antibiotics. Well I let this yeast infection go too long and then I got sick to top it all off. Getting sick and having the yeast infection made it flare up a million times worse. It was BAD. My doctor prescribed me 2 of these. I took one on day one and then the second on day two. It took three days to clear it up, but it wouldn't have taken that long if I wouldn't have let it get that bad. I also used a topical tea tree ointment for soothing.

January 12, 2013 4:48 AM