User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 11 medications

7.2
Tinea Versicolor 3 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Fluconazole reviews 180 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a severe yeast infection. My labia were inflamed and over enlarged with a hard texture. My vulva was extremely itchy and my doctor prescribed oral fluconazole 150, 2 tablets. The first dose was enough to completely calm down the whole infection. I noticed some changes with in 4 hours of taking it. The next day there was a white debris in my vulva which was evidence of the yeast being killed off. I still had another dose left over and noticed great changes with just one dose."

Annie Yeasty (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "so i took this sat. had to wait 5 days fpr second dose. during the 5 days symptoms were mild. irritated more when i peed and wiped. today is 5th day i took the 2nd pill this morn.. all symptoms cleared.. "

im ready to have sex again lol (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After taking antibiotics I usually get a yeast infection so I take diflucan once when meds are gone. Almost always stops itching in 24 hours and disappears completely by day 2. Only once was it so bad I had to take it twice. Best cure ever. And no side effects. Used it many times."

Daisygal4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have chronic yeast infections. At first I used Monistat and my vag became so swollen I couldn't close my legs without it hurting, I was like that for 3 days. I went to the doctor and he finally gave me diflucan and I've used it 3 times in the past and it worked very quickly every time. But I have a yeast infection again and I took diflucan at about 6pm, and it's now 1:32 am, I'm awake crying because the itching has gotten worse and it's almost like I'm dripping discharge. This has never happened before. I'm just hoping it's a sign that the pill is clearing my vag of the infection..."

PJ21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2016

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "I'm a 30yo male and I recently picked up a painful candida infection. Ironically, this was worsened by the doctor prescribing me antibiotics in the initial belief that it must be a bacterial STI. Men can and do get thrush! Anyway, this med eased the burning immediately and cleared it up entirely after 7 days."

Tomega (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this pill today at 2 pm. It is now 11:57 pm. I am in agony. The itching is torture. I read some posts that say it takes 2 days to start taking effect. Well forget that. The cream may be nasty and drips all day onto a pad, but at least it is relief from the itching. I can't stand it. I feel lick clawing my vag off. Off to the 24 hr pharmacy I go. Next time I will tell my doc to give me the cream."

ChickInAgony April 29, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have used fluconazole several times. It works every time, I don't have to put goop up inside of me for about a week, don't have to buy pads when I am post menopausal. Because I am a diabetic sometimes it takes two pills. Still beats goop and pads."

Starshine428 April 27, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took a single dose Diflucan a few days ago after developing an agonizing yeast infection, thanks to round of antibiotics, compiled with an allergic reaction to a product I had used called Yeastaway (never again!). Once the Diflucan kicked in- boy, did it work- it was like night and day. By the hour, the swelling, itching, and discharge was going down. I went from pure itching hell (tearing apart the freezer looking for something to ease the agony) the night before to a calm, restful night the following day. I've never noticed any negative physical side effects. My only frustration was that this took 2.5 solid days to start working... topical creams made me itch more, and I started to wonder if the Diflucan would ever work at all."

Anna9981 April 24, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I took a 6-month course of fluconazole beginning in the Fall of 2013 for a moderate, but long-term case of toenail fungus (both big toes). One nail is now clear and has reattached. The other is now worse and I just completed another 6-month course. Am hoping for resolution. I'm also using Penlac on it. Lamisil (oral) made me feel awful, or I would have used it instead."

radseg April 21, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I love the pill it's more effective and it works rite away, me myself is NOT a monistat person and I love sex with my mate. I'd rwther get rid of it and quick. It came from antibiotics. Everytime i take antibiotics i have the same problem."

Precious1980 April 16, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "While in Costa Rica an ichy skin condition that was developing for some time and which I did not know was fungus got worse. Went into a pharmacy and was recommended fluconizole. Within an hour the itchiness started to subside. By the next day there was visible improvement. By the end of the first week chronic Athlete's foot was mostly healed, as was jock itch. Got back to the states saw my doc, told him I wanted to continue with it to treat the nail fungus. He suggested a different drug. After a month I stopped seeing improvement. Switched back to fluconizole. 8 years later I have never gotten athletes foot again and I had it most of my life between two particular toes. It is as if I am permanently inoculated against fungus."

Esteve April 9, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "For a couple of weeks, I've had discharge but the doctors kept telling me it was normal, so after I felt a bit of burning and itchiness, I went back. The doctor looked down there and said everything looked fine but when she took a sample, it came back as a yeast infection.I tried this pill once 150 mg one time and it didn't work for some reason but now I'm attempting it again."

Kaykm (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "i took one pil 150mg last night. within 3hours all symptoms had gone. but when i woke up 8am,i still have the little discharge but around 3hours my period is coming out. this med totally worked on me other than insert med."

Sweetcleopatra (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this pill once every week for two weeks and it gave me terrible sides effects I was feeling very sleepy and my heart felt like I'm gonna get heart attack I'm still dealing with the infection it's terrible"

Dina a April 2, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So, I had a UTI and was told to take a certain antibiotic. After doing so, I ended up getting a yeast infection due to the antibiotics killing off the good bacteria as well as the bad. I had been forewarned that this could happen so caught the YI the day it came about. I called into my doc and was prescribed this med. I took it at circa 12 pm. It is now 1 am (same day) and all chunky white discharge is completely gone. Hopefully there will be no return of it tomorrow. I give it 10/10."

miriamdelirium (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I felt that this medication worked wonders in the past. This time it seems different. The symptoms seemed gone after a night or so and then returned. It is almost unbearable again. The Dr. gave me several pills, so I might have to take another one tomorrow. I sure hope this clears up. I have heard you should not eat bread or carbs if you have a yeast infection. Not sure though."

DaCha (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 29, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After suffering what assumed to be a yeast infection for the last 4 days I finally was able to get to an urgent care who gave me this pill..150mg one day dose. I took it at 9:00 am this morning and it's now 1:48pm..the itching has gone the discharge is minimal and now it only itches slightly when I pee or wipe.. Will be happy when it's all gone.. Amen.. What a miracle.. It did make me lethargic and tired.. I will give a solid 10 when all my symptoms are gone.."

Relieved monkey (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "With a mild y.i. and in the begining of one a one single dose works wonders and fast at relieving symptoms. With a severe infection more doses are needed and it can take up to 7 days to clear up as in my case. Best choice in treatment for vaginal yeast infection."

BoricuaMom (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had BV and was prescribed Metronidazole. Was on that for a week & took my last dose Wednesday night. Thursday morning (yesterday) I took the Fluconazole pill. Today (Friday) I see more discharge. While I took the Metronidazole pill the discharge was clearing up but now it's back. It's red so I can't even tell if it's because of the pill color or because blood is mixed in it. When I took the Fluconazole it made me very nauseous & I had diarrhea not even 10 minutes later. My stomach is cramping & I don't know what from. My period went off earlier this week so I know it can't be from that. Anyway, both prescriptions made me sick to my stomach & I don't feel like they were very effective. I'll wait until Monday to see if it's completely gone."

Chelsey Anne (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I had bv and got the tday vaginal treatment which I ended tuesday 3/15/16 and shortly after developed a yeast infection. I visited the doctor today and took 15mg diflucan and felt better a few hours after. No burning or itching was ever present, I noticed a change in discharge and immediately got seen by a doctor. No side affects. I caught mine the day after I noticed a change."

sdt93 March 18, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Fluconazole is AMAZING! I had a yeast infection I took it on 3/14/16 and within only 12 hours the swelling went down completely and the itch stopped. Today 3/16 I am completely itch free no discharge no nothing! Definitely an awesome medication! Love it."

Jamie909997 March 17, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have used Diflucan several times during the past few years. Usually just one 150mg pill does the trick and I feel relief a few hours after I take it. I've only had a handful of times where I've had to take a second dose and it was due to being on antibiotics. The docs know this, so when I need an antibiotic, they will also prescribe a Diflucan "chaser"."

Skittles612 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I took the one dose pill yesterday for a yeast infection I got after being on a heavy course of antibiotics. The first time I took it on a full stomach & it made me throw up within a couple minutes of taking it. I called my doctor & he called me in another does. I took it at 7pm last night, it is now 1015am the next morning. I feel some relief but not completely gone yet. I suggest taking it on an empty stomach. That's the only way I could keep it down."

Blahblahah (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After round of antibiotics to clear up a uti, I developed a severe yeast infection with itching, burning and discharge. Called dr and he prescribed the generic of diflican. Took one dose and symptoms cleared completely In 24 hours. Took 2nd dose 3 days later and now symptom free!!!! I do not post reviews often but I needed to give back to someone who may be suffering like I was. These reviews provide relief when things feel that it can't get any worse. And this magic pill proved that things will get better with time."

Azeris March 9, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've been suffering from constant reoccurring yeast infections for over four years. Infections come on fast and quickly and progress often times with extremely painful blisters. Tests always come back as yeast. Ive got severely sensitive skin and can not use creams and nothing scented can be near that area. I'm prescribed with three doses of diflucan to take over a nine day period. Works every time. Best yeast treatment available."

Maxwelldog (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2016