User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Cryptococcal Meningi...nocompetent Host 0 reviews 5 medications

7.7
Coccidioidomycosis 0 reviews 9 medications

Blastomycosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bone Marrow Transplantation 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Candida Urinary Tract Infection 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Coccidioidomycosis, Meningitis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcal Meningi...osuppressed Host 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection, In...and Disseminated 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Pneumonia 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Histoplasmosis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Corporis 0 reviews 114 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 109 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 76 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Fluconazole

Review by Kelli Rae (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I love this miracle medicine. No messy creams to deal with and it works fast. I had a HORRID yeast infection from having a urinary tract infection and then taking antibiotics. I always get a yeast infection from antibiotics. Well I let this yeast infection go too long and then I got sick to top it all off. Getting sick and having the yeast infection made it flare up a million times worse. It was BAD. My doctor prescribed me 2 of these. I took one on day one and then the second on day two. It took three days to clear it up, but it wouldn't have taken that long if I wouldn't have let it get that bad. I also used a topical tea tree ointment for soothing.

January 12, 2013 4:48 AM

Review by MsPony (taken for less than 1 month):

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had to have oral surgery, and took amoxicillin for two weeks. The dentist prescribed fluconazole, I got the generic. I've used Diflucan in the past with great success. It seems that the generic does NOT work as well as the name brand. Three days/three pills later, I'm still suffering with the yeast infection symptoms.

November 17, 2012 10:29 AM

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have suffered every month, for years with a yeast problem. Avoiding sex, chocolate and wine were hardly a solution for me! These are the important ingredients you should be taking: 1. Eat yogurt & cereal on an empty stomach. 2. Take an acidophillus supplement. This made me NORMAL. Hooooray!

October 19, 2012 10:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Worked fine for 2 days - burning and itching returned on day 3.

August 30, 2012 12:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Whenever I have a urinary tract infection, a yeast infection is sure to follow and this time, instead of buying the 3 day treatment of Canesten that you insert inside (which has always worked well the first day), I tried the one pill. No side effects. However I my vagina is still itchy, burning and rubbing it no longer provides any relief anymore. Going back to the doctor, hoping for something stronger.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2012 1:24 PM

Review by Edyta (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Was prescribed 2 doses of this pill. After taking the first dose I had some nausea which subsided after 20 minutes, then I was all sweaty and cold. After taking the second dose, my stomach was cramping horribly, I was drowsy and had nausea. I have never experienced any side effects before, so it was pretty scary.

August 2, 2012 3:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Prescribed one pill for an infection, which I took this morning. Within thirty minutes of taking it, I was extremely dizzy, vomiting, and having heat flashes shooting down the inside of both arms. Frantic calls to the pharmacist and ER, and I was told to go in only if I had difficulty breathing. Four hours later and the symptoms have subsided.

July 28, 2012 2:06 AM

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: This was my first yeast infection. The medicine worked quickly to clear the yeast infection but I woke up the morning after taking the pill with a puffy warm face. That went away later in the day. Later in the week I had stomach cramping. I did speak with a nurse at my doctors office and she said the medicine wouldn't cause that. It was the only thing different in my routine so I'm pretty sure it was the medicine. I don't think I'd ever want to take this again.

July 19, 2012 11:46 AM

Review by Lo-ro (taken for less than 1 month):

For Oral Thrush: I suffered with a yeast infection in my milk ducts which made breast feeding extremely painful. My baby also had oral thrush that would not go away as we continued to pass the fungi back and forth with all other treatments (nipple cream, gentian violet, nystatin, probiotics). I took one pill per week for 2 weeks, continued to breastfeed and we were BOTH cleared of candida!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2012 5:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: It worked in 24 hours. Wonderful.

July 3, 2012 2:02 AM

Review by Dee Dee:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Doctor gave me two pills, one for Wednesday and then one for Sunday.. No improvement. Taking a final one Friday, if symptoms persist I will try something else.

March 16, 2012 2:16 PM

Review by julie28:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Had thrush for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year - driven mad with pain and horrendous itching - used Canestan twice. Went to doctor as soon as they were open again after hols, got fluconazole 1 tablet yesterday - miracle pill. Feel much better already. Hope it works and clears it up.

January 4, 2012 5:40 PM

Review by Cyclona:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Recommended dosage was 1 pill. No side effects but unfortunately I'm still itching and uncomfortable 3 days later. I guess it didn't fully work for me.

November 18, 2011 6:46 PM

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Took it over a week ago for a mild yeast infection. Cleared up the yeast problem quick but since I took it I've had red welts and itchy hives all over my body.

October 18, 2011 4:18 AM

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have been prescribed Diflucan in the past for yeast infections and it worked wonderful. Overnight relief. I have been prescribed this generic form the last few times I've had a yeast infection and find that it does not work nearly as well for me. Currently in day 5 after taking single dose and I am still having itching and redness.

October 9, 2011 7:41 PM

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have used it in the past after taking an antibiotic and it works so fast. It is better than doing the over the counter. Do not wait...call doctor and get this medicine. I now know when I'm on any antibiotics doctor prescribes this in addition because I always need it. I had no side effects and if I did it would be worth it just to get better.

September 24, 2011 12:06 AM

Review by Bellamino:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Great medication. In 2 days my yeast infection was cleared.

August 24, 2011 1:43 AM

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I took this medication on Friday and today I feel a lot better not completey cleared but it is getting there, the white discharge has cleared up. It takes up to 2 days for it to start working fully it says on the leaflet. I also am using a cream which was also prescribed by the doctor. The cream has helped with itching. It can take a week for it to completely clear up but I noticed it helping within 24 hours. I even though still have a little of an itch, this pill works well.

August 1, 2011 9:42 AM

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had zero side effects and it was easy to take. While the symptoms relaxed a bit, they never went away and came back just as they were before. Gyn (GP prescribed) told me that this is because the antibiotics I took wiped everything out and that I needed stronger topical medicines.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2011 2:29 PM

Review by Smileygirl:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I've taken this as needed over the years without any problem. This time I had nausea, diarrhea, and dizziness. Our pharmacy gives a print out of all the possible side effects, and it says you can be allergic to it (as most drugs). I guess it just depends on the person on how much you need and how your body will react. It takes more than one dose for me.

May 5, 2011 11:18 AM

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I was on a week of antibiotics and developed a yeast infection. My OBGYN prescribed this "wonder pill". I felt significant relief within 24 hours. I'm feeling much better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2011 5:19 PM

Review by carmen1967:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: It cleared up my problem in just a few days, the only side effect I got was a headache but other than that I felt great! So Happy my Doctor gave it to me.

February 18, 2011 2:55 PM

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I was sick and had to take amoxicillin and unfortunatley got a yeast infection. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Diflucan yesterday. I had no side effects. Unlike everyone else, my horrible symptoms (itching, burning) are still present.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2011 6:29 AM

Review by blackrose1210:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Infections, Systemic: I recently found out that I'm allergic to fluconazole. I have been taking this medication for years with no side effects but within the last year every time I take it my lip swells and feels like ants or needles are in it, then my lip will get like a cold sore on it and after it heals it remains black.

January 5, 2011 7:42 PM

Review by drguen:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Infections, Systemic: I had a severe infection in my mouth, lips, corners of mouth, throat and this medication cleared it up in no time.

January 2, 2011 3:02 AM