User Reviews for Fluconazole (Page 2)

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 12 medications

7.2
Tinea Versicolor 3 reviews 98 medications

Summary of Fluconazole reviews 143 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Fluconazole

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took amoxicillin for 10 days which has given me a very painful yeast infection. I was prescribed diflucan and it interacted with the tegretol I take for bipolar. I ended up in the hospital overnight so my kidneys could be flushed out. Be sure to check drug interaction before adding additional meds. I did complete the three day treatment of diflucan under the doctot's advice but still have burning. I am now on the second day of a 3-day Monistat treatment. I am praying this burning subsides so I can get some relief. It has been a month now of pain. Ugh !!"

Minnow777 October 21, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the doctor today and I had been itching and light discharge for about three weeks. I took my pill at 11a.m. and by 12 o clock I felt 100 percent better."

dimples2525 October 19, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Tinea Versicolor: "After nine years with a fungal infection on the skin, I was given 100 MG/week for a month. I already took the last pill of the course, and all it has done so far is turn the spots pink and make them slightly bigger, and some itched more often (although one looks like it's starting to disappear)! But the side effects! Oh, the side effects! After the first pill, I felt extremely dizzy, headachy, and nauseous for an hour after bedtime. The next day, I had little appetite that only recovered that evening. The next two times, I took two Rolaids, which helped with the nausea. That left the headache to contend with all day the day after I took the pill.I took two ibuprofen three times to combat the headaches on the last pill. What a joke!"

HorseToGiveYouNoPain (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "My first dose of fluconazole worked fine, BUT I started noticing red bumps on my arms and legs. At first I thought it was from my razor but a few days later after I took my 2 dose, it got WORSE. I'm itchy all over my body and the red bumps are everywhere on my arms, hands, and my whole legs. It's really irritating and probably the worst side effect I've experienced. But my yeast infection is gone. Just the skin breakouts killing me now. :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "2 pills still itchy. Feel nauseated and have stomach cramps."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Quickest relief ever! Antibiotics always give me a yeast infection! Vaginal creams are slow and yucky. Fluconazole worked quickly and completely!"

Grandma Polly October 1, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ok so I had a yeast infection for a whole month it was some type of intense burning sensation in my vagina it was sooo bad it went and came every other day it had gotten so bad I had to see a doctor. I was scared because it was so bad and I cried and thought I would never have a sex life ever again. I went to an obgyn in he told me I had a mild yeast infection I was shocked because it felt so severe and painful. I thought it was something worse the doctor prescribed me diflucan/flicanzole 150mg. It was one pill I took it when I got home. It didn't work instantly but the yeast was fixed in two days. I took it on Tuesday & felt nothing Thursday morning - I was so happy "

Anonymous September 17, 2015

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm not entirely sure why I am having such a hard time clearing up my yeast infection this time. This is now my 4th pill (after taking 3 of the 150 mg over the course of 3 weeks). I typically don't suffer with burning, itching, rashes...but the cottage cheese discharge is terrible. I took my 4th dose last night, it was 100 mg, and was expecting to not have any discharge this morning. Welp...still see it. It's not as much, but mid-day, wiped...still cottage cheese discharge. I am comforted by the ladies here saying it does take a few days. Just wondering why I've had to take so many this time and still not cured."

NotSureThisTime August 28, 2015

For Tinea Corporis: "I have a colostomy in place & have developed a severe yeast infection around the stoma area. The infection started small & spread to half my stomach. It was extremely painful hot to the touch, itching & completely intolerable. I went to the doctor three times each time the doctor prescribed me ointments & creams that did not work I also tried the over-the-counter Monistat which would help for a few minutes but it would come back with a vengeance. I finally asked the doctor to give me something stronger since the yeast infection was now going on 3 weeks. They prescribed Fluconazole & with in 1hr of taking it I was 75% better. My itching went away & all redness & bumps went away. I hope by 24 hrs it will be completely gone."

Holly hobby August 25, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Showed relief of symptoms after 24 hours great medicine!"

Lycia August 17, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was diagnosed with signs of a yeast infection. Having been sick previously. I had taken a strong antibiotic. Microbid. Probably caused the yeast infection. My doctor gave me the dose of 1 pill. I had never heard of it. Usually I would have had to use a cream. Now my vagina has redness inside. Kinda like its burned. Tomorrow I'll be calling the doctors office to be checked. Maybe it was too strong. I don't know. We'll see"

Ruth 123 August 12, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "Amazing drug. After trying everything for a week to get rid of the worst yeast infection of my life, I was prescribed Diflucan. Within 15 minutes, no lie, yeast started dumping from my body. Kinda gross but that's what was making me feel so horrible and frustrated had waited a few days after Monastat didn't work. But word to the wise, drink lots of water after you take this; there so many toxins that get released into your body when yeast dies off, especially that fast. I drank a lot of water and didn't experience side effects or headaches with this med."

SavingCinderella (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have had a horrible yeast for six days. Tried coconut oil, eating raw garlic, 3-Day Monostat treatment, baking soda baths and Apple Cider Vinegar; nothing was helping. Day 6 I was in so much pain and itching so intense I couldn't even think. I also had a swollen throat which was coated with white film which is a sign of candidia overload or "thrush". I was desperate after my second Monastat treatment made it worse!!! So I went to my Doc and explained about four different kinds of yeast and Monastat doesn't cure all. He wrote me a prescription for Diflucan. This is no exaggeration: within fifteen minutes of taking it, yeast dumped out of my body. A few hours later and it's still coming out and my thrush/candida coated throat is almost gone"

SavingCinderella (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medicine works every time with no problem, but for some reason, the last time I took it, I got really light headed & dizzy. I got over heated & felt as if I couldn't breathe. I went to bed & when I woke up, I was better. & the yeast infection was gone."

Nae09 August 4, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm 18 years old. Over the course of this month, I've contracted a really bad uti (which I have yet to get rid of), but had also been diagnosed with a yeast infection. Was prescribed this medicine, but when that didn't help, I was then diagnosed with bv. The antibiotics from that and the uti, of course, gave me a horrible, wretched yeast infection. Went to the ER and was prescribed diflucan again, and now (4hrs later) there is still swelling and irritation, but there is no itching at all."

YoungHelp (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm telling you this medication is powerful and it works BUT I am giving it 5 out of ten right in the middle because it also has POWERFUL side effects. There is no doubt in my mind it works well BUT If your Very Hypersensitive like me to medications this one will knock you out ***Meaning its fighting the infection and doing its job*** but it can be a very uncomfortable experience... When you have a severe internal infection and take medication like this your body goes into overdrive helping the medicine work I took only a quarter of a 150 mg tablet to let my body know whats happening and wow did just that make me so dizzy and just lay in bed like WOAH but 12 hrs later took all the rest in small increments and I'm all better and it worked!"

honestconsumer101 July 24, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had had a yeast infection for about a week so I decided to go to the docter and they prescribed me fluconzole and it automatically helped it worked very well"

Having a yeast infection (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I get recurrent urine infections as I can't empty my bladder fully so I often need to go on antibiotics for this and I always used to end up needing fluconazole. Which always works better than creams or pessaries for me. I have found that taking OTC probiotic tablets has helped stave off the antibiotic related thrush infections and I think prevention is a good way to manage this. I also avoid taking the probiotic drinks because they seem to contain a lot of sugar which just makes the thrush worse."

Jay45 July 3, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Been 7 hours since I took it feel better really sore down there but no itching"

Votrade June 30, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the GYN with burning, irritation, and mild clear/white discharge about three weeks ago. Had a pelvic exam and swabs were taken. She said it looked most like a yeast infection and prescribed Diflucan one tab immediately and one tab three days later. Labs came back after both doses had already been taken and the infection was bacterial (BV). Was prescribed metronidazole gel which then caused the yeast infection I didn't have in the first place. Back to the Diflucan. Three pills in one month, but since the third pill (when I actually now do have a yeast infection) I am having dizziness. Annoying, unending spinning. Also, the yeast symptoms did not abate after four days. Monistat 3 helped in one night. Never again, Diflucan."

Misdiagnosed 2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have had a few yeast infections. Always because of strong antibiotics. My doc always prescribes 2 pills take one immediately then the next 72 hours later. It has worked every time. I didn't really have an upset stomach this time. I made sure to eat plenty before I took it. Seemed to help. Warm compresses have been my best friend and showering 2x a day to keep extra clean seems to help. "

Lena0517 June 21, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took antibiotics and got a yeast infection went to the Drs they prescribed Monistat 3. Took it for the 3 days still was experiencing a lot of itching and burning. Went back to the Drs she prescribed the one dose pill. Took it Thursday afternoon felt nausea, had headaches, and stomach aches (side effects) but helped with the burning pain by he next day. It's now Sunday and the itching burning and a pain is back. Going back to the Drs tomorrow for the 3rd time in 2 and a half weeks. So want this to go away. Feeling like I need to get second opinion."

Anonymous1000 June 14, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have many, many medication allergies and extremely sensitive skin. With any antibiotic therapy, I always end up with a yeast infection. :( I take Diflucan 150 mg by mouth for 7 days - it's just the regimen that works for me. I've tried it on many different schedules. I also mix COLD water and 7 drops of tea tree oil in a peri bottle and rinse area several times daily. Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial and the oil soothes skin. Imperative the water is cold, as warm or hot will cause increased itching and irritation. Make sure you dry area very well by blotting only or use hair dryer on cool setting. I always take RX before bed to sleep thru any side effects!"

Elle, RNP (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 6, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ive used this medication quite a few times in the past few years and it definitely always works. Sometimes one is not enough though but the 3 pill regimen always works when used as directed. Best part is that you can also drink alcohol on this and it will still work. No bad side effects or burning so far."

TabbyDarling May 26, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I get yeast infections when i drink alot of wine. It usually works with a mild infection if you take it upon first notice within 48 to 72 hours. But I feel relief in the first 24 hours. I also use baby diaper rash cream to relieve itching. This works like a dream. Desitin is the best. Just the regular strengt. Immediate relief! The pill does the rest. If you let it get too severe take 2 pills 2 to 5 days apart. That works in 3 to 5 days. Abstain from Alcohol and food high in sugar such as soda and sweets. If the Diflucan doesn't offer relief in 2 to 3 days you might have Vaginatis a bacterial infection which sometime seems like a yeast infection and requires a different medication. Call you doctor."

Deeza May 11, 2015