User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Cryptococcal Meningi...nocompetent Host 0 reviews 5 medications

7.7
Coccidioidomycosis 0 reviews 9 medications

Blastomycosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bone Marrow Transplantation 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Coccidioidomycosis, Meningitis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcal Meningi...osuppressed Host 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection, In...and Disseminated 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Pneumonia 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Histoplasmosis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Corporis 0 reviews 115 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 111 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 85 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Fluconazole

Review by Jill777:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I went to my gyno, she gave me a prescription for this. I took it at night around 11:45pm and went home, showered, and went to bed. SO I didn't feel any side effects cause I was sleeping. No nausea, no dizzy, no pain. This pill is Free with my insurance and refills on this for a full year. (some ppl say take two, so maybe in a week I will get another)

October 28, 2013 9:55 PM

Review by Meggie128475:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: This drug is a godsend for people who get chronic yeast infections. I just don't know what I would do without it, because the OTC meds do not even TOUCH my yeast infections. We are talking horrible itching and burning to the point of feeling like you want to climb the walls! Sometimes it takes more than 1 dose, but my doctor did tell me this drug was harsh on your liver and for people like me who already have some liver issues, that is the only thing I worry about when taking it. Otherwise, I just would be in misery all the time without this drug.

October 26, 2013 12:36 PM

Review by No longer itchy :):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I LOVE FLUCONIZOLE!! It ALWAYS works fast & eases my "issues" VERY QUICKLY! - Generally, I take a 150mg tablet, every 3 days. (Sometimes 2 doses, sometimes 3, depending upon severity.) - Other helpful suggestions include: Drinking plenty of water, eating yogurt, (or my favorite) a probiotic drink like Strawberry Kefir. - AVOID: any alcoholic drinks, especially beer for a yeast infection, I've heard beer can possibly be a good thing with bladder infections, but I'm not certain. - Tips to AVOID yeast infections to begin with: beware that consistently wearing pantyhose, tights, or spandex, is a BAD idea, your "bits" need time to "breathe", NEVER USE VASELINE, or OIL on your bits, ever!! Avoid any flavored ANYTHING internally in your "parts.":)

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2013 7:58 PM

Review by kskater11 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: The best for clearing up a yeast infection. Got some relief in a few hours with no side effects. Have taken many times and totally clears things up within a couple of days. Such a great alternative to the messy suppositories.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2013 11:34 PM

Review by Jen0620:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: It is unbelievable how wonderful this medicine is for yeast infections! I went to doc for a urinary tract infection and also had symptoms of redness, burning, itching and swelling. It was the worst ever! Took 1 pill and already noticed results in just a few hours! It is a miracle.

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2013 12:35 AM

Review by Olivia mare (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: This is my second yeast infection due to taking antibiotics. Fluconazole is really good. It's only been like 16 hours but I feel so much more relief already. Also drink tons of water and have yogurt, it also helps!

June 11, 2013 1:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: This pill works well. I have a recurrent yeast infection (some call it "chronic") and the over the counter meds doesn't work for me. I see a lot of others commented on here saying that this medication made them very sick, however, my guess is that they were experiencing the Herxheimer reaction, which is where the Candida bacteria are dying off rapidly causing flu-like symptoms (the liver can't expel the toxins fast enough and it over loads the body). One reviewer described this reaction to a "T". It isn't a reaction to the pill necessarily, but her body's natural response to getting rid of the infection. Anyway, this medication does take some time to work and may require a few doses.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2013 8:37 AM

Review by ccudd:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Diflucan works well, but often I need to take more than 1 to clear up the vaginal yeast infection. 2 and sometimes 3 are needed.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2013 9:39 PM

Review by That Itched (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had a moderate vaginal yeast infection, and it was the first sort of thing like that I've ever had. I went into the University wellness center to be checked out, and was offered 2 options: a three-time creme and vaginal suppository treatment, or a one-time orally ingested antibiotic. I chose the method that was least... ichy, the pill. I've nothing but good reviews for the medicine. It was convenient, being a one-and-done thing. It was effective- experienced some relief within 24-36 hours of taking it, was completely relieved within 4/5 days. A week later, the yeast infection appeared to be near completely gone. I had almost no side effects other than some very mild nausea shortly after ingestion. Would take again if need be.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2013 1:12 AM

Review by Kelli Rae (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I love this miracle medicine. No messy creams to deal with and it works fast. I had a HORRID yeast infection from having a urinary tract infection and then taking antibiotics. I always get a yeast infection from antibiotics. Well I let this yeast infection go too long and then I got sick to top it all off. Getting sick and having the yeast infection made it flare up a million times worse. It was BAD. My doctor prescribed me 2 of these. I took one on day one and then the second on day two. It took three days to clear it up, but it wouldn't have taken that long if I wouldn't have let it get that bad. I also used a topical tea tree ointment for soothing.

January 12, 2013 4:48 AM

Review by MsPony (taken for less than 1 month):

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had to have oral surgery, and took amoxicillin for two weeks. The dentist prescribed fluconazole, I got the generic. I've used Diflucan in the past with great success. It seems that the generic does NOT work as well as the name brand. Three days/three pills later, I'm still suffering with the yeast infection symptoms.

November 17, 2012 10:29 AM

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have suffered every month, for years with a yeast problem. Avoiding sex, chocolate and wine were hardly a solution for me! These are the important ingredients you should be taking: 1. Eat yogurt & cereal on an empty stomach. 2. Take an acidophillus supplement. This made me NORMAL. Hooooray!

October 19, 2012 10:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Worked fine for 2 days - burning and itching returned on day 3.

August 30, 2012 12:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Whenever I have a urinary tract infection, a yeast infection is sure to follow and this time, instead of buying the 3 day treatment of Canesten that you insert inside (which has always worked well the first day), I tried the one pill. No side effects. However I my vagina is still itchy, burning and rubbing it no longer provides any relief anymore. Going back to the doctor, hoping for something stronger.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2012 1:24 PM

Review by Edyta (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Was prescribed 2 doses of this pill. After taking the first dose I had some nausea which subsided after 20 minutes, then I was all sweaty and cold. After taking the second dose, my stomach was cramping horribly, I was drowsy and had nausea. I have never experienced any side effects before, so it was pretty scary.

August 2, 2012 3:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Prescribed one pill for an infection, which I took this morning. Within thirty minutes of taking it, I was extremely dizzy, vomiting, and having heat flashes shooting down the inside of both arms. Frantic calls to the pharmacist and ER, and I was told to go in only if I had difficulty breathing. Four hours later and the symptoms have subsided.

July 28, 2012 2:06 AM

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: This was my first yeast infection. The medicine worked quickly to clear the yeast infection but I woke up the morning after taking the pill with a puffy warm face. That went away later in the day. Later in the week I had stomach cramping. I did speak with a nurse at my doctors office and she said the medicine wouldn't cause that. It was the only thing different in my routine so I'm pretty sure it was the medicine. I don't think I'd ever want to take this again.

July 19, 2012 11:46 AM

Review by Lo-ro (taken for less than 1 month):

For Oral Thrush: I suffered with a yeast infection in my milk ducts which made breast feeding extremely painful. My baby also had oral thrush that would not go away as we continued to pass the fungi back and forth with all other treatments (nipple cream, gentian violet, nystatin, probiotics). I took one pill per week for 2 weeks, continued to breastfeed and we were BOTH cleared of candida!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2012 5:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: It worked in 24 hours. Wonderful.

July 3, 2012 2:02 AM

Review by Dee Dee:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Doctor gave me two pills, one for Wednesday and then one for Sunday.. No improvement. Taking a final one Friday, if symptoms persist I will try something else.

March 16, 2012 2:16 PM

Review by julie28:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Had thrush for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year - driven mad with pain and horrendous itching - used Canestan twice. Went to doctor as soon as they were open again after hols, got fluconazole 1 tablet yesterday - miracle pill. Feel much better already. Hope it works and clears it up.

January 4, 2012 5:40 PM

Review by Cyclona:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Recommended dosage was 1 pill. No side effects but unfortunately I'm still itching and uncomfortable 3 days later. I guess it didn't fully work for me.

November 18, 2011 6:46 PM

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Took it over a week ago for a mild yeast infection. Cleared up the yeast problem quick but since I took it I've had red welts and itchy hives all over my body.

October 18, 2011 4:18 AM

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have been prescribed Diflucan in the past for yeast infections and it worked wonderful. Overnight relief. I have been prescribed this generic form the last few times I've had a yeast infection and find that it does not work nearly as well for me. Currently in day 5 after taking single dose and I am still having itching and redness.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2011 7:41 PM

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have used it in the past after taking an antibiotic and it works so fast. It is better than doing the over the counter. Do not wait...call doctor and get this medicine. I now know when I'm on any antibiotics doctor prescribes this in addition because I always need it. I had no side effects and if I did it would be worth it just to get better.

September 24, 2011 12:06 AM