User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Cryptococcal Meningi...nocompetent Host 0 reviews 5 medications

7.6
Coccidioidomycosis 0 reviews 9 medications

Blastomycosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bone Marrow Transplantation 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Coccidioidomycosis, Meningitis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcal Meningi...osuppressed Host 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection, In...and Disseminated 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Pneumonia 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Histoplasmosis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Systemic Candidiasis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 110 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 111 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Tinea Versicolor: "This is my third treatment in a year and a half. My doctor says it will probably come back every 6 months, and it has. I take 300mg !!! It clears up in a week but as prescribed I still take another dose a week after first dose."

Nicolanut (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I never had so many yeast infections as I have had in the past year. Was on long course of antibiotics. Just a warning in December thought I had yeast infection and it was terrible. By the time I got to doctor it was actually bacterial vaginosis. Had to take Flagyl. If you have an unusually severe yeast infection, get checked. However anytime I did use fluconazole it works great."

rockchick66 February 18, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candidemia: "Helped a lot."

badriforget (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "I am still having problems with a bad taste in my mouth, no appetite, nausea after taking a single dose over a week ago. I suffered a very bad headache for 3 days after the dose. It was miserable."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went 21 years with never havin a yeast infection and then had 3 within like 2 months. This is the only medicine I have ever been given and it worked immediately. I took 3 (extremely small pills) one day and if symptoms continued I would take 3 more in 3 or 5 days. I never needed the second dose because it always cleared up. It provides great relief."

Vee92 January 10, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Seriously the only medicines that work for any problems. It gets the job done when you have a yeast infection from antibiotics. Fair warning have this around when you first take antibiotics."

Ash12345 December 25, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Be patient it does take a few days for the symptoms to clear but after about 4 days you should see improvement. There is a topical cream your Dr can provide that helps with burning and itching. To ease pain soak in cool water frequently... But it may take up to 7 days to clear."

Chew654321 December 10, 2014

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am extremely prone to yeast infections particular with any antibiotic use. The medication took 3 days to clear up the infection used in conjunction with Monistat 3; however, the redness, irritation, and extreme itching remained, to the point where I could not sit still. I read on another forum that using a generous amount of zinc oxide cream would help. I was desperate to try anything and it truly did the trick! It provided instant relief and I just had to share this with others who may be experiencing the same symptoms. Forget using those anti-itch creams that come with Monistat! Use the zinc oxide instead and you will save yourself the agony. Be sure that you clean and dry the area first before applying the zinc cream. Works wonders!"

twinklenoz (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I started showing symptoms of a yeast infection after being on antibiotics for about 5 days, which is a common side effect. My doctor prescribed this pill. I took it and I had almost complete relief the next night. I took it Wednesday evening around 4 and by Thursday night I felt a lot of improvement. It is now Sunday & I feel 100% back to normal and I'm still on my antibiotics. This pill stays in your system for several days which is why it is so effective. I highly recommend this. I will never use OTC Medicines again."

Renee C November 30, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a yeast infection to the 10th Power. I tried some OTC vaginal medicines and definitely didn't work out for me. Seem like it got worse. Very embarrassing and uncomfortable NOT A GOOD FEELING! My Dr prescribed me 2 doses at 150mg each. Took the 1st pill at noon and I could really feel relief within hours. I highly recommend this pill for quick relief. Thank goodness for Fluconazole!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took the dosage on Thursday night. It is Sunday and I am still experiencing itchiness and discharge."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took the pill Tuesday night, felt somewhat relieved on Wednesday night but slight irritation and itch but no more discharge. I recommend you try to keep the area clean and dry. It really helps always towel dry after every shower with separate clean towel."

jackieoooo (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am prone to yeast infections during pregnancy. This is my first one for this pregnancy and it is horrible. I used Vagisil Extra Strength to help with the itchiness. It made my symptoms worse. Usually I use a 1% hydrocortisone cream. I did get a prescription from my doctor for Diflucan and took it ASAP. No relief yet. Hoping that my body hasn't gotten use to the medicine. If so, I am in for a miserable pregnancy."

Mother queen (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The past few days I've had this horrible yeast infection. Thankfully this pill exists because I wanted to cry earlier from being so uncomfortable. My doctor gave me this 1 pill and I felt relief within the first hour. I have no doubts that I'll be 100% within a day or two. Oh! And I didn't experience any side effects."

Bostonian girl (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After having a urinary tract infection for three weeks, & three different antibiotics, with the third being Bactrim, I developed a horrible yeast infection. Thank goodness my Dr. prescribed seven days worth of Diflucan. After one pill, I experienced relief. Not complete relief, but I could finally get some sleep. Before Diflucan, I went through two tubes of Vagisil. It works but there is a perfumy smell that clings to the body. If my Dr. had only prescribed one pill I would be back in the ER begging for something to relieve the maddening itch. This is my first yeast infection & I hope I never get another!"

'schell (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "They gave this to my child since he got 2 toenails infected with fungus. (I think he got it on vacation) anyways he was using this and it was working miracles so definitely push the Dr to give you this. Of course your liver has to be good."

Mother of a 4yr old (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took it at 5pm and all of my symptoms were gone by 11:30. I got the yeast infection from antibiotics and I'm so glad it's gone! This medication is amazing. Also I see a lot of ladies saying they have Chronic yeast infections, my advice is to change you diet and health routine."

Sinclaire (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got this one oral pill 150 mg. prescribed by my OBGYN yesterday to treat my 1st time yeast infection. Dr. told me to wear 100% cotton underwear for 2 weeks. ALways drying the area well after shower with a clean dry towel, plus using hair dryer blew it dry (use regular air, not hot air). Then, applying baby diaper rash cream (like Desitin) all around that area on both side. Finally, taking a cup of yogurt everyday. I asked if I could take probiotic, she said it's fine. After taking the pill yesterday morning. Last night, I didn't wake up until 5:30 am. Late morning, there was still some itchiness, but not too severe. I hope it will get better tomorrow. So far, I haven't felt any side effects. Good luck, everyone!"

Matty L. May 24, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had an operation on my wrist which was packed with antibiotics. These gave me a yeast infection, my first ever. The surgeon prescribed 2 doses of this. I had a horrible allergic reaction to it! About 4 hours after taking the first dose, my neck, chest and 1/2 of my face was covered in a itchy burning rash. The Doc just said to take Benadryl and still take the other pill! Just let me say, having the pain from surgery, then the misery of a yeast infection and add to that my entire upper body in a burning rash (plus the anti-pain meds made me nauseous) it was a bad week of HELL. The rash took a week to go away and Benadryl didn't help it at all. So Beware of the side effect!"

TigerDiva (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2014

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I too had a rash close to my vagina, a pretty bad one & my gynecologist said it was bacterial vaginosis along with a yeast infection. It was my 1st infection so I had no idea what was going on. She prescribed me metronidazole 500 mg for 7 days, on day 4 I took Diflucan 1, on day 7 I took another Diflucan 1, three days later I took my last one. I didn't start seeing results until I was taking both medications together. For those of you who have to pay for your medicine go on their website they have a $5 off coupon."

Anonymous May 4, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Have had two yeast infections in the last two months, most likely brought on by stress, HORRIBLE diet and lack of sleep. Both time I took a series of three Diflucan three days in a row. It helped, but took about 5 days to see any real results. My biggest issue is the rash I get "down there" on a yeast infection. Sadly, Diflucan doesn't help that. It's day 7 and the infection is mostly cleared. Just waiting on the rash to clear up."

Annee1 April 22, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have issues with yeast infections and I took one pill Monday night and the second Wednesday night, every symptom went away except for the itching! I can't stand it anymore. It's now Thursday and I'm still itching not as bad but still. This medication has always worked for me before and all symptoms were gone in two days... not this time. I'm still itching."

Anonymous March 27, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had got a yeast infection from eating too many sweets in one week. I had like a pie and a cheesecake everyday. I tried plain yogurt, garlic, and monistat and it appeared that everything had cleared up. But having unprotected intercourse with my fiancé, I gave him a yeast infection, finally went to the clinic and it went from a severe to minor yeast infection, I paid 80 for this pill, it worked wonderful. the drug stayed in my system for 7 days clearing up my yeast infection. Now that I know they have it at Walmart I'll get a prescription and buy it from there."

Chinka (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2013

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took 3 Diflucan for a yeast infection and used over the counter Monistat 3 day first on my own. One month later I am still experiencing burning tongue, metallic taste in my mouth, slight pains going through each breast, very tired and slight itch and burn on occasion in the vagina. I took this along with HRT and have been reading about the interaction they have together. All I have been told is that I may have overdone the treatment, had an allergic reaction, and killed too much good bacteria. Will never take this drug again."

rcka (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this pill on Friday it is now Sunday and I'm still having all symptoms. It has not done anything for me. I have another refill for it I will get today and if it does not help I will be going back to get something else. This is my first yeast infection and they are nasty little demons."

Tara is not happy November 10, 2013