User Reviews for Fluconazole (Page 2)

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 12 medications

7.2
Tinea Versicolor 3 reviews 98 medications

Summary of Fluconazole reviews 174 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Fluconazole

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the gyno thinking I had bv again turns out it is a yeast infection gave me diflucan150mg 2 pills 3 days apart supposed to take the next one 2/15/16 so it is Valentine's day and constantly dealing with this it feels like it got worse more noticeable that something is wrong"

kk thompson February 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I know I have a yeast infection after only a couple days of itching and burning, I got the medicine from my doctor and took it immediately; don't wait weeks or months to call the doctor. BTW you can give a yeast infection to your boyfriend, do don't have sex until you are cured. Because he can give it right back to you, then you think the medicine didn't work. Use your head ladies, if it's itching and burning and discharging, keep your legs closed and call the Dr. Asap!"

Lady Fi (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have been miserable. Took a one dose of Diflucan last night and I can say swelling is less but everything else that is awful is still there. But, wine lady, please don't tell me I can't drink wine. I'm almost finished with my glass when I read your review.... Should I take another one-time-dose? I'm way too old for this!!"

itchy senior February 13, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I never write reviews for things online because I usually feel like it's a waste of time. I got a yeast infection about a week ago (Monday 2/1/16) and finally went in to my doctor to get something to treat it on Thursday (2/4/16). My doctor gave me the one time pill Fluconazole and I went online to look at reviews. I was TERRIFIED to take the Fluconazole because there were so many bad reviews! People saying that they had terrible nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.... I prepared for the worst. But the worst never came! I might have had sliiiiight nausea after about 24 hours but that's really it. Instead, it started to take effect and the itchiness began wearing off. Today, 2/8/16, I am completely free of itching. Fluconazole is GREAT!"

Not So Yeasty Anymore (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had an on going vaginal yeast infection for about 6 weeks. I tried 7 day monistat and it provided a few days of relief and then it was right back and even worse. So I did another 7 day round and by day 3 it was burning so bad to use it so I just stopped. I gave in and went to the Dr and he prescribed diflucan one dose and I took that, had no relief until he 3rd night. Felt totally normal for almost 48 hours and then the symptoms came right back and are even worse now. Hoping that even though it's my 5th day into treatment that it will be gone by day 7. Maybe I will just need another dose but as of right now I'm not happy with diflucan."

Anonymous February 2, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So for about a month I was having horrible itching, burning, and clumpy, white discharge that was ruining my sex life. Yesterday after my fianc"

Alli W. January 28, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Well I've took this medication today and within an hour or so I feel so much better had mild side affects but this medication stop my burning and itchiness love this medication I only had one day pill 500 mg wonder pill I say lol :)"

mykids0813 January 28, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The side effects of this drug were terrible. I had severe diarrhea for two days, and persistent vomiting for three days now. I also experienced a fever that lasted for 12 hours. Haven't been able to keep any food down, and feel terrible. I honesty would rather have a yeast infection. If you plan on taking this medication I'd recommend taking over a weekend when you don't have anything going on, in case you get violently ill from it like I did."

Stratbrat96 January 19, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "My doctor gave me a three day course of 200 mg per day. I have taken it the last couple of days and still itchy but zero discharge. I never had the discharge but the swab showed that it was yeast. The itch has been unbearable with inflamed clitoris :("

Itchynat January 14, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Diflucan works freaking miracles; I'm never using OTC creams again. Last month (after a round of antibiotics) I developed a mild yeast infection and used Monistat One Day to clear it up. Unfortunately, I should've listened to other reviewers about Monistat because, this month before my period, the infection came back with vengeance! I called up my doctor and got a prescription for the genetic 200mg Diflucan. This drug is a heaven send! I took it with food at 5pm, and by 7pm, I was already feeling better. The discharge was firming up and exiting my body, the itching was lessening, and the discomfort of my labia was improving. No discomfort, burning, or messy creams with this medication. Why deal with Monistat when Diflucan is an option?"

On The Mend January 10, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had an yeast infection for like 3 days went to the Dr yesterday and they gave me diflucan n cipro i still feel it..... When will it disappear?????"

N3LLy January 8, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "1 dose of Diflucan clears my yeast infection within 24 hours especially the itch. I have never had any issues. For bacterial vaginosis, My doctor prescribes flagyl 500mg bid for 7 days with 1 dose of diflucan & that does the trick."

I don't have time for itchines (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a yeast infection after taking an antibiotic for an ear infection. Although relief wasn't instantaneous, with one pill I felt a major difference in about 12 hours!"

thank god! (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Systemic Candidiasis: "I had what I thought was a yeast infection since I've had several over the years. Went through two rounds of Monistat which eased up the pain but it came right back. Went to the doctor yesterday, and he said that he thinks I have Candidiasis of Vulva and Vagina. He prescribed two 150 mg Fluconazole, one for yesterday and the second pill in a week. I woke up this morning with horrible diarrhea. The vaginal burning is about 85% better though. If it gets rid of the Candidiasis, I can handle the side affect."

Autumnsnana (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this pill 2 days ago. I have been sick ever since. I have an awful headache, constantly feel like throwing up & I'm itchy. Stick to the cream, I have never had a reaction to any medications so thought this would be fine. Don't risk it!"

Shelbyjack January 2, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have tried this medication on a few ocasions. And it had never worked for me. I try to save a few dollars. Now I know better I will stick to the other two name brands."

Pikku December 28, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Oh my gosh! I took this medication last night and I am experiencing horrific diarrhea and still kinda dizzy this morn. I hope it works after all this. Just sayin. :)"

ShellD December 26, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DO NOT DRINK if you take this medication. The alcohol makes it not work. I had no idea and I like my wine. A Dr friend of mine told me that alcohol could be affecting the drug. Anytime I have ever tried to drink and take this it doesn't work. If I don't drink at all when I take it.. It works like magic. If you have had a problem with it not working make sure you're not drinking. Even one drink has made it not work as well for me. It literally is a lifesaver."

The Wine Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ladies, I read some comments on here I wanted to respond to. If you've been taking the diflucan pill more than once and you're still experiencing pain and discomfort you might actually have bacterial vaginosis The symptoms are very similar and sometimes yeast infection medicine can cause this. You will need a different prescription to clear this up. Just a thought to consider if your symptoms are not clearing up. Think about making a visit to the doctor to find out."

Hopefully helpful December 17, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have had a yeast infection for 5-6 days and was using Monistat until yesterday when I called & got a script for 2 Diflucan150! Took the first one yesterday morning & not much change at all this morning. Will take the second one tomorrow morning & pray it works. I had nor had a yeast infection for at least 10 years. No side effects & drinking lots of water. Having gall bladder surgery on Friday & want this cleared up prior to surgery. Sorry to say the docs offices are not a lot of help. So what else is new???"

Jomo3 December 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took one pill last night (fluc)-Very Powerful-Felt lathargic-but it worked immediately :)"

saintsgrl (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Was tired of dealing with creams and the mess due to them. I always seem to get a yeast infection after antibiotics. My doctor called this in. Yes I was like no way two pills was going to work but by the end of the week most of the symptoms were gone."

Sports loving mom (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took it at 4:41 it's now 5:20 and I feel dizzy and light headed. I ate before taking it ...the dizziness brought me here"

Da Bratt November 11, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It worked after 4 days and cleared up and then came back 3 days later"

nothappysally November 10, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Personally, thus drug gives me a fixed drug eruption in the form of a huge, round rash on one of my breasts that is intensively itchy and burns. It feels like a horrible sunburn. Therefore, I am clearly not a fan."

Amanda5 November 8, 2015