User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Cryptococcal Meningi...nocompetent Host 0 reviews 5 medications

7.6
Coccidioidomycosis 0 reviews 9 medications

Blastomycosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bone Marrow Transplantation 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Candida Urinary Tract Infection 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Coccidioidomycosis, Meningitis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcal Meningi...osuppressed Host 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Infection, In...and Disseminated 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fungal Pneumonia 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Histoplasmosis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Corporis 0 reviews 114 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 109 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 65 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Fluconazole

Review by julie28: User Rating:

fluconazole for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Had thrush for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year - driven mad with pain and horrendous itching - used Canestan twice. Went to doctor as soon as they were open again after hols, got fluconazole 1 tablet yesterday - miracle pill. Feel much better already. Hope it works and clears it up.

January 4, 2012 5:40 PM
Review by Cyclona: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Recommended dosage was 1 pill. No side effects but unfortunately I'm still itching and uncomfortable 3 days later. I guess it didn't fully work for me.

November 18, 2011 6:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fluconazole for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Took it over a week ago for a mild yeast infection. Cleared up the yeast problem quick but since I took it I've had red welts and itchy hives all over my body.

October 18, 2011 4:18 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have been prescribed Diflucan in the past for yeast infections and it worked wonderful. Overnight relief. I have been prescribed this generic form the last few times I've had a yeast infection and find that it does not work nearly as well for me. Currently in day 5 after taking single dose and I am still having itching and redness.

October 9, 2011 7:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have used it in the past after taking an antibiotic and it works so fast. It is better than doing the over the counter. Do not wait...call doctor and get this medicine. I now know when I'm on any antibiotics doctor prescribes this in addition because I always need it. I had no side effects and if I did it would be worth it just to get better.

September 24, 2011 12:06 AM
Review by Bellamino: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Great medication. In 2 days my yeast infection was cleared.

August 24, 2011 1:43 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fluconazole for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I took this medication on Friday and today I feel a lot better not completey cleared but it is getting there, the white discharge has cleared up. It takes up to 2 days for it to start working fully it says on the leaflet. I also am using a cream which was also prescribed by the doctor. The cream has helped with itching. It can take a week for it to completely clear up but I noticed it helping within 24 hours. I even though still have a little of an itch, this pill works well.

August 1, 2011 9:42 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fluconazole for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had zero side effects and it was easy to take. While the symptoms relaxed a bit, they never went away and came back just as they were before. Gyn (GP prescribed) told me that this is because the antibiotics I took wiped everything out and that I needed stronger topical medicines.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 28, 2011 2:29 PM
Review by Smileygirl: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I've taken this as needed over the years without any problem. This time I had nausea, diarrhea, and dizziness. Our pharmacy gives a print out of all the possible side effects, and it says you can be allergic to it (as most drugs). I guess it just depends on the person on how much you need and how your body will react. It takes more than one dose for me.

May 5, 2011 11:18 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fluconazole for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I was on a week of antibiotics and developed a yeast infection. My OBGYN prescribed this "wonder pill". I felt significant relief within 24 hours. I'm feeling much better.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 17, 2011 5:19 PM
Review by carmen1967: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: It cleared up my problem in just a few days, the only side effect I got was a headache but other than that I felt great! So Happy my Doctor gave it to me.

February 18, 2011 2:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I was sick and had to take amoxicillin and unfortunatley got a yeast infection. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Diflucan yesterday. I had no side effects. Unlike everyone else, my horrible symptoms (itching, burning) are still present.

January 20, 2011 6:29 AM
Review by blackrose1210:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Infections, Systemic: I recently found out that I'm allergic to fluconazole. I have been taking this medication for years with no side effects but within the last year every time I take it my lip swells and feels like ants or needles are in it, then my lip will get like a cold sore on it and after it heals it remains black.

January 5, 2011 7:42 PM
Review by drguen: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Infections, Systemic: I had a severe infection in my mouth, lips, corners of mouth, throat and this medication cleared it up in no time.

January 2, 2011 3:02 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I get repetitive yeast infections, so it took three treatments with Diflucan for three different infections before I realized that Diflucan was the thing that was causing the painful, blistering skin rash I was getting about once a month. I was having what it is known as "fixed skin ulceration." Ulcers in my mouth, blisters on my hands and leg, always in the same exact spots each time and always very painful. No one told me there was even a chance that I was allergic to this medicine and when I sought treatment for the second and then third episodes, the doctors completely missed it. There needs to be more information out there about this as the company only reports one previous person ever having this same reaction, yet it happened to me.

October 22, 2010 8:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Diflucan (50 mg) is effective, fast, and I had no side effects.

October 16, 2010 9:09 PM
Review by peanuts58: User Rating:

fluconazole for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have had recurrent yeast infections 3 in the past 6 months. I tried OTC Monistat, it helped but the infection came back the week before my period 2 months in a row. That prompted me to see my MD she gave me the one dose treatment and after about 3 hours of taking the pill I had a severe headache accompanied by vertigo which lasted for about 6 hours. It subsided with some Tylenol and I felt a little flushed and sweaty. The headache tried to come back the next day and again had to take Tylenol. As for the treatment of the infection ,it did knock it out but ouch the headache was awful.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 11, 2010 12:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I took Diflucan at the same time I was taking Metformin for high blood sugar. I had terrible side effects. Among them redness and burning in my face, terrible joint pains specially in my knees, vomiting, diarrhea and upset stomach.

August 5, 2010 4:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: This was my first yeast infection. The pill worked really well and felt immediate relief. Had vomiting the next day and nausea which is apparently a rare side effect.. but it got the job done.

July 23, 2010 11:53 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fluconazole for Tinea Versicolor: I was diagnosed with Tinea Versicolor. This is basically an overgrowth of yeast on your skin, it causes the affected areas to lose pigment; such as a tan. Locals in Hawaii call it Haole rot. I'm not entirely sure if this medicine is working yet because it can take a long time for your skin tone to even out. My pharmacist did not tell me that Xanax should not be taken with this medicine. I'm really happy that I didn't take any. I can't find out how long it stays active in your system though. I took the medicine yesterday (400mg) and I am going to take another 400mg dose in one week. Today my face burns as though I have a chemical burn. It's kind of an odd side effect.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 2, 2009 6:47 PM
Review by Keddey: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I tried a cream OTC, which didn't work. So I called my doctor and he prescribed this. AMAZING medicine! Within 24 hours my infection is gone and I feel human again! I experienced no side effects. It's almost like a wonder pill!

November 24, 2009 1:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: The only medication that has taken care of my yeast problem.

November 12, 2009 5:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fluconazole for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: Had nail fungus of the finger nails on my left hand for roughly 8 years. 200 mg tabs, once a week cleared it in just over 3 months.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 31, 2009 4:52 PM
Review by Anon.: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I've had to use Diflucan for yeast infections several times -- it always works wonders for me with no side effects! The bonus is that it's only one pill, and it works immediately. However... this last time I took it, I still felt a little 'off'. I still had some kind of bacterial infection! Now I'm on Flagyl.

September 29, 2009 1:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I developed pneumonia after getting swine flu. I was on heavy duty antibiotics and was given diflucan as a prophylactic for yeast infections. I took approximately 4 doses over the course of two weeks. I recently noticed that a toe nail that had a fungus for over 40 years (!) is now growing in nice and pink! No more thick ugly yellow nail! Amazing! No other side effects were noticed!

September 25, 2009 7:47 PM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here