User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Fluconazole Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Ive used this medication quite a few times in the past few years and it definitely always works. Sometimes one is not enough though but the 3 pill regimen always works when used as directed. Best part is that you can also drink alcohol on this and it will still work. No bad side effects or burning so far."

TabbyDarling May 26, 2015

"I get yeast infections when i drink alot of wine. It usually works with a mild infection if you take it upon first notice within 48 to 72 hours. But I feel relief in the first 24 hours. I also use baby diaper rash cream to relieve itching. This works like a dream. Desitin is the best. Just the regular strengt. Immediate relief! The pill does the rest. If you let it get too severe take 2 pills 2 to 5 days apart. That works in 3 to 5 days. Abstain from Alcohol and food high in sugar such as soda and sweets. If the Diflucan doesn't offer relief in 2 to 3 days you might have Vaginatis a bacterial infection which sometime seems like a yeast infection and requires a different medication. Call you doctor."

Deeza May 11, 2015

"This is my second yeast infection I have had and the doc that I went to prescribed fluconazole. Didn't give me a hole lot of info on it other then it would cure the infection. I took the pill at around 10pm and it is now 5am and I can barely stand. My burning and itching has stopped, but my stomach hurts so bad and I have spent the last hour on the toilet. It is a side effect but I don't know if I should be concerned..."

NikkiLea May 9, 2015

"So I initially got the yeast infection due to many antibiotics and medication after a car accident. It was unbearable and I ignored it for a month in which it worsened. I decided to try monistat 7 which was a remedy which was painful but worked wonderfully until I started taking my antibiotics again. I experienced some mild itching and immediately went to my ob/gyn. She prescribed two doses of 150mg fluconazole. I took one yesterday around 10AM and was fine during the day. At night I felt like there was some mild irritation in that region so left over cream from the monistat 7 was used. Today I took it around 3PM and it made me quiet nauseous but I am experiencing no further itching or irritation. Hopefully it will be gone for good!"

Jan Doe April 24, 2015

"I am so so fed up. I've been having symptoms now for a week, I took one pill last Saturday (it's now Friday) and by Weds there was minor improvement so I took another one (at great expense) on Weds. I'm still itching like mad. I can't use the cream as I am allergic to it. I have had this problem before. I can't get to the docs as I work many miles away from my surgery. I used the pessaries last time and that didn't work either. Breaking my bank ... Can it really take a week to work?"

Lu1985 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

"My gynecologist always prescribes 2 150 mg tablets packaged together for yeast infection. You take one immediately and then the other in 5 days. Works like a charm! I always develop a vaginal yeast infection when I take antibiotics! It's great to have this handy as a preventative!"

Pearlofagirl55 (taken for 10 years or more) March 28, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "This is my first yeast infection. I was too scared to tell anyone. So I dealt with it for almost a week. But last night I couldn't handle it anymore. So I told my mum. She called. And the doctor sent in a prescription. I took the pill earlier around 1.30 pm. It's now 1.41 am. It took away a lot of the itching a burning when I pee. But it still slightly hurts to wipe. And it's slightly itchy. I have another dose I can take. But I'm waiting to see if this will help. And clear up by tomorrow or get better."

hoopbla (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

"I get chronic yeast infections and this is the only only medication that has ever worked for me, this last time I started it Tues. Around 2pm and didn't feel any relief until Fri. And I always have to take a 150 mg once a day for 7 days,I highly recommend this."

Ginamariea March 15, 2015

"I never had so many yeast infections as I have had in the past year. Was on long course of antibiotics. Just a warning in December thought I had yeast infection and it was terrible. By the time I got to doctor it was actually bacterial vaginosis. Had to take Flagyl. If you have an unusually severe yeast infection, get checked. However anytime I did use fluconazole it works great."

rockchick66 February 18, 2015

"I went 21 years with never havin a yeast infection and then had 3 within like 2 months. This is the only medicine I have ever been given and it worked immediately. I took 3 (extremely small pills) one day and if symptoms continued I would take 3 more in 3 or 5 days. I never needed the second dose because it always cleared up. It provides great relief."

Vee92 January 10, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Seriously the only medicines that work for any problems. It gets the job done when you have a yeast infection from antibiotics. Fair warning have this around when you first take antibiotics."

Ash12345 December 25, 2014

"Be patient it does take a few days for the symptoms to clear but after about 4 days you should see improvement. There is a topical cream your Dr can provide that helps with burning and itching. To ease pain soak in cool water frequently... But it may take up to 7 days to clear."

Chew654321 December 10, 2014

156 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am extremely prone to yeast infections particular with any antibiotic use. The medication took 3 days to clear up the infection used in conjunction with Monistat 3; however, the redness, irritation, and extreme itching remained, to the point where I could not sit still. I read on another forum that using a generous amount of zinc oxide cream would help. I was desperate to try anything and it truly did the trick! It provided instant relief and I just had to share this with others who may be experiencing the same symptoms. Forget using those anti-itch creams that come with Monistat! Use the zinc oxide instead and you will save yourself the agony. Be sure that you clean and dry the area first before applying the zinc cream. Works wonders!"

twinklenoz (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started showing symptoms of a yeast infection after being on antibiotics for about 5 days, which is a common side effect. My doctor prescribed this pill. I took it and I had almost complete relief the next night. I took it Wednesday evening around 4 and by Thursday night I felt a lot of improvement. It is now Sunday & I feel 100% back to normal and I'm still on my antibiotics. This pill stays in your system for several days which is why it is so effective. I highly recommend this. I will never use OTC Medicines again."

Renee C November 30, 2014

"I had a yeast infection to the 10th Power. I tried some OTC vaginal medicines and definitely didn't work out for me. Seem like it got worse. Very embarrassing and uncomfortable NOT A GOOD FEELING! My Dr prescribed me 2 doses at 150mg each. Took the 1st pill at noon and I could really feel relief within hours. I highly recommend this pill for quick relief. Thank goodness for Fluconazole!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2014

"I took the dosage on Thursday night. It is Sunday and I am still experiencing itchiness and discharge."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Took the pill Tuesday night, felt somewhat relieved on Wednesday night but slight irritation and itch but no more discharge. I recommend you try to keep the area clean and dry. It really helps always towel dry after every shower with separate clean towel."

jackieoooo (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2014

"I am prone to yeast infections during pregnancy. This is my first one for this pregnancy and it is horrible. I used Vagisil Extra Strength to help with the itchiness. It made my symptoms worse. Usually I use a 1% hydrocortisone cream. I did get a prescription from my doctor for Diflucan and took it ASAP. No relief yet. Hoping that my body hasn't gotten use to the medicine. If so, I am in for a miserable pregnancy."

Mother queen (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

"The past few days I've had this horrible yeast infection. Thankfully this pill exists because I wanted to cry earlier from being so uncomfortable. My doctor gave me this 1 pill and I felt relief within the first hour. I have no doubts that I'll be 100% within a day or two. Oh! And I didn't experience any side effects."

Bostonian girl (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

Diflucan (fluconazole): "After having a urinary tract infection for three weeks, & three different antibiotics, with the third being Bactrim, I developed a horrible yeast infection. Thank goodness my Dr. prescribed seven days worth of Diflucan. After one pill, I experienced relief. Not complete relief, but I could finally get some sleep. Before Diflucan, I went through two tubes of Vagisil. It works but there is a perfumy smell that clings to the body. If my Dr. had only prescribed one pill I would be back in the ER begging for something to relieve the maddening itch. This is my first yeast infection & I hope I never get another!"

'schell (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I took it at 5pm and all of my symptoms were gone by 11:30. I got the yeast infection from antibiotics and I'm so glad it's gone! This medication is amazing. Also I see a lot of ladies saying they have Chronic yeast infections, my advice is to change you diet and health routine."

Sinclaire (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I got this one oral pill 150 mg. prescribed by my OBGYN yesterday to treat my 1st time yeast infection. Dr. told me to wear 100% cotton underwear for 2 weeks. ALways drying the area well after shower with a clean dry towel, plus using hair dryer blew it dry (use regular air, not hot air). Then, applying baby diaper rash cream (like Desitin) all around that area on both side. Finally, taking a cup of yogurt everyday. I asked if I could take probiotic, she said it's fine. After taking the pill yesterday morning. Last night, I didn't wake up until 5:30 am. Late morning, there was still some itchiness, but not too severe. I hope it will get better tomorrow. So far, I haven't felt any side effects. Good luck, everyone!"

Matty L. May 24, 2014

"I had an operation on my wrist which was packed with antibiotics. These gave me a yeast infection, my first ever. The surgeon prescribed 2 doses of this. I had a horrible allergic reaction to it! About 4 hours after taking the first dose, my neck, chest and 1/2 of my face was covered in a itchy burning rash. The Doc just said to take Benadryl and still take the other pill! Just let me say, having the pain from surgery, then the misery of a yeast infection and add to that my entire upper body in a burning rash (plus the anti-pain meds made me nauseous) it was a bad week of HELL. The rash took a week to go away and Benadryl didn't help it at all. So Beware of the side effect!"

TigerDiva (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2014

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I too had a rash close to my vagina, a pretty bad one & my gynecologist said it was bacterial vaginosis along with a yeast infection. It was my 1st infection so I had no idea what was going on. She prescribed me metronidazole 500 mg for 7 days, on day 4 I took Diflucan 1, on day 7 I took another Diflucan 1, three days later I took my last one. I didn't start seeing results until I was taking both medications together. For those of you who have to pay for your medicine go on their website they have a $5 off coupon."

Anonymous May 4, 2014

"Have had two yeast infections in the last two months, most likely brought on by stress, HORRIBLE diet and lack of sleep. Both time I took a series of three Diflucan three days in a row. It helped, but took about 5 days to see any real results. My biggest issue is the rash I get "down there" on a yeast infection. Sadly, Diflucan doesn't help that. It's day 7 and the infection is mostly cleared. Just waiting on the rash to clear up."

Annee1 April 22, 2014