User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Fluconazole review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Review by rockchick66:

I never had so many yeast infections as I have had in the past year. Was on long course of antibiotics. Just a warning in December thought I had yeast infection and it was terrible. By the time I got to doctor it was actually bacterial vaginosis. Had to take Flagyl. If you have an unusually severe yeast infection, get checked. However anytime I did use fluconazole it works great.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2015 5:19 AM

Review by Vee92:

I went 21 years with never havin a yeast infection and then had 3 within like 2 months. This is the only medicine I have ever been given and it worked immediately. I took 3 (extremely small pills) one day and if symptoms continued I would take 3 more in 3 or 5 days. I never needed the second dose because it always cleared up. It provides great relief.

January 10, 2015 11:41 PM

Review by Ash12345:

Diflucan (fluconazole): Seriously the only medicines that work for any problems. It gets the job done when you have a yeast infection from antibiotics. Fair warning have this around when you first take antibiotics.

December 25, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by Chew654321:

Be patient it does take a few days for the symptoms to clear but after about 4 days you should see improvement. There is a topical cream your Dr can provide that helps with burning and itching. To ease pain soak in cool water frequently... But it may take up to 7 days to clear.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 10:56 AM

Review by twinklenoz (taken for less than 1 month):

I am extremely prone to yeast infections particular with any antibiotic use. The medication took 3 days to clear up the infection used in conjunction with Monistat 3; however, the redness, irritation, and extreme itching remained, to the point where I could not sit still. I read on another forum that using a generous amount of zinc oxide cream would help. I was desperate to try anything and it truly did the trick! It provided instant relief and I just had to share this with others who may be experiencing the same symptoms. Forget using those anti-itch creams that come with Monistat! Use the zinc oxide instead and you will save yourself the agony. Be sure that you clean and dry the area first before applying the zinc cream. Works wonders!

December 9, 2014 10:44 AM

Review by Renee C:

I started showing symptoms of a yeast infection after being on antibiotics for about 5 days, which is a common side effect. My doctor prescribed this pill. I took it and I had almost complete relief the next night. I took it Wednesday evening around 4 and by Thursday night I felt a lot of improvement. It is now Sunday & I feel 100% back to normal and I'm still on my antibiotics. This pill stays in your system for several days which is why it is so effective. I highly recommend this. I will never use OTC Medicines again.

November 30, 2014 1:52 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I had a yeast infection to the 10th Power. I tried some OTC vaginal medicines and definitely didn't work out for me. Seem like it got worse. Very embarrassing and uncomfortable NOT A GOOD FEELING! My Dr prescribed me 2 doses at 150mg each. Took the 1st pill at noon and I could really feel relief within hours. I highly recommend this pill for quick relief. Thank goodness for Fluconazole!

November 25, 2014 2:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I took the dosage on Thursday night. It is Sunday and I am still experiencing itchiness and discharge.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by jackieoooo (taken for less than 1 month):

Took the pill Tuesday night, felt somewhat relieved on Wednesday night but slight irritation and itch but no more discharge. I recommend you try to keep the area clean and dry. It really helps always towel dry after every shower with separate clean towel.

September 25, 2014 12:45 AM

Review by Mother queen (taken for less than 1 month):

I am prone to yeast infections during pregnancy. This is my first one for this pregnancy and it is horrible. I used Vagisil Extra Strength to help with the itchiness. It made my symptoms worse. Usually I use a 1% hydrocortisone cream. I did get a prescription from my doctor for Diflucan and took it ASAP. No relief yet. Hoping that my body hasn't gotten use to the medicine. If so, I am in for a miserable pregnancy.

September 22, 2014 9:16 PM

Review by Bostonian girl (taken for less than 1 month):

The past few days I've had this horrible yeast infection. Thankfully this pill exists because I wanted to cry earlier from being so uncomfortable. My doctor gave me this 1 pill and I felt relief within the first hour. I have no doubts that I'll be 100% within a day or two. Oh! And I didn't experience any side effects.

September 18, 2014 9:47 PM

Review by 'schell (taken for less than 1 month):

Diflucan (fluconazole): After having a urinary tract infection for three weeks, & three different antibiotics, with the third being Bactrim, I developed a horrible yeast infection. Thank goodness my Dr. prescribed seven days worth of Diflucan. After one pill, I experienced relief. Not complete relief, but I could finally get some sleep. Before Diflucan, I went through two tubes of Vagisil. It works but there is a perfumy smell that clings to the body. If my Dr. had only prescribed one pill I would be back in the ER begging for something to relieve the maddening itch. This is my first yeast infection & I hope I never get another!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 3:25 AM

Review by Sinclaire (taken for less than 1 month):

I took it at 5pm and all of my symptoms were gone by 11:30. I got the yeast infection from antibiotics and I'm so glad it's gone! This medication is amazing. Also I see a lot of ladies saying they have Chronic yeast infections, my advice is to change you diet and health routine.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 2:40 AM

Review by Matty L.:

I got this one oral pill 150 mg. prescribed by my OBGYN yesterday to treat my 1st time yeast infection. Dr. told me to wear 100% cotton underwear for 2 weeks. ALways drying the area well after shower with a clean dry towel, plus using hair dryer blew it dry (use regular air, not hot air). Then, applying baby diaper rash cream (like Desitin) all around that area on both side. Finally, taking a cup of yogurt everyday. I asked if I could take probiotic, she said it's fine. After taking the pill yesterday morning. Last night, I didn't wake up until 5:30 am. Late morning, there was still some itchiness, but not too severe. I hope it will get better tomorrow. So far, I haven't felt any side effects. Good luck, everyone!

May 24, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by TigerDiva (taken for less than 1 month):

I had an operation on my wrist which was packed with antibiotics. These gave me a yeast infection, my first ever. The surgeon prescribed 2 doses of this. I had a horrible allergic reaction to it! About 4 hours after taking the first dose, my neck, chest and 1/2 of my face was covered in a itchy burning rash. The Doc just said to take Benadryl and still take the other pill! Just let me say, having the pain from surgery, then the misery of a yeast infection and add to that my entire upper body in a burning rash (plus the anti-pain meds made me nauseous) it was a bad week of HELL. The rash took a week to go away and Benadryl didn't help it at all. So Beware of the side effect!

May 12, 2014 3:05 PM

Diflucan (fluconazole): I too had a rash close to my vagina, a pretty bad one & my gynecologist said it was bacterial vaginosis along with a yeast infection. It was my 1st infection so I had no idea what was going on. She prescribed me metronidazole 500 mg for 7 days, on day 4 I took Diflucan 1, on day 7 I took another Diflucan 1, three days later I took my last one. I didn't start seeing results until I was taking both medications together. For those of you who have to pay for your medicine go on their website they have a $5 off coupon.

May 4, 2014 12:44 AM

Review by Annee1:

Have had two yeast infections in the last two months, most likely brought on by stress, HORRIBLE diet and lack of sleep. Both time I took a series of three Diflucan three days in a row. It helped, but took about 5 days to see any real results. My biggest issue is the rash I get "down there" on a yeast infection. Sadly, Diflucan doesn't help that. It's day 7 and the infection is mostly cleared. Just waiting on the rash to clear up.

April 22, 2014 7:22 AM

I have issues with yeast infections and I took one pill Monday night and the second Wednesday night, every symptom went away except for the itching! I can't stand it anymore. It's now Thursday and I'm still itching not as bad but still. This medication has always worked for me before and all symptoms were gone in two days... not this time. I'm still itching.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by Chinka (taken for less than 1 month):

I had got a yeast infection from eating too many sweets in one week. I had like a pie and a cheesecake everyday. I tried plain yogurt, garlic, and monistat and it appeared that everything had cleared up. But having unprotected intercourse with my fiancé, I gave him a yeast infection, finally went to the clinic and it went from a severe to minor yeast infection, I paid 80 for this pill, it worked wonderful. the drug stayed in my system for 7 days clearing up my yeast infection. Now that I know they have it at Walmart I'll get a prescription and buy it from there.

November 17, 2013 7:59 PM

Review by rcka (taken for less than 1 month):

Diflucan (fluconazole): I took 3 Diflucan for a yeast infection and used over the counter Monistat 3 day first on my own. One month later I am still experiencing burning tongue, metallic taste in my mouth, slight pains going through each breast, very tired and slight itch and burn on occasion in the vagina. I took this along with HRT and have been reading about the interaction they have together. All I have been told is that I may have overdone the treatment, had an allergic reaction, and killed too much good bacteria. Will never take this drug again.

November 12, 2013 7:57 PM

Review by Tara is not happy:

I took this pill on Friday it is now Sunday and I'm still having all symptoms. It has not done anything for me. I have another refill for it I will get today and if it does not help I will be going back to get something else. This is my first yeast infection and they are nasty little demons.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2013 11:27 AM

Review by Emzy20133:

I've taken this product twice in the past once as a teenager (one dose) worked within a day or so and worked great again te last time I took 3 doses over a week or something.. Ive been prescribed again to take one dose monthly before periods I'm feeling very anxious this time but hoping works great like he other times us ladies put up with some awkward business down below!!!

October 31, 2013 3:07 PM

Review by Jill777:

I went to my gyno, she gave me a prescription for this. I took it at night around 11:45pm and went home, showered, and went to bed. SO I didn't feel any side effects cause I was sleeping. No nausea, no dizzy, no pain. This pill is Free with my insurance and refills on this for a full year. (some ppl say take two, so maybe in a week I will get another)

October 28, 2013 9:55 PM

Review by Meggie128475:

This drug is a godsend for people who get chronic yeast infections. I just don't know what I would do without it, because the OTC meds do not even TOUCH my yeast infections. We are talking horrible itching and burning to the point of feeling like you want to climb the walls! Sometimes it takes more than 1 dose, but my doctor did tell me this drug was harsh on your liver and for people like me who already have some liver issues, that is the only thing I worry about when taking it. Otherwise, I just would be in misery all the time without this drug.

October 26, 2013 12:36 PM

Review by No longer itchy :):

I LOVE FLUCONIZOLE!! It ALWAYS works fast & eases my "issues" VERY QUICKLY! - Generally, I take a 150mg tablet, every 3 days. (Sometimes 2 doses, sometimes 3, depending upon severity.) - Other helpful suggestions include: Drinking plenty of water, eating yogurt, (or my favorite) a probiotic drink like Strawberry Kefir. - AVOID: any alcoholic drinks, especially beer for a yeast infection, I've heard beer can possibly be a good thing with bladder infections, but I'm not certain. - Tips to AVOID yeast infections to begin with: beware that consistently wearing pantyhose, tights, or spandex, is a BAD idea, your "bits" need time to "breathe", NEVER USE VASELINE, or OIL on your bits, ever!! Avoid any flavored ANYTHING internally in your "parts.":)

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2013 7:58 PM