User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Fluconazole Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"Showed relief of symptoms after 24 hours great medicine!"

Lycia August 17, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I was diagnosed with signs of a yeast infection. Having been sick previously. I had taken a strong antibiotic. Microbid. Probably caused the yeast infection. My doctor gave me the dose of 1 pill. I had never heard of it. Usually I would have had to use a cream. Now my vagina has redness inside. Kinda like its burned. Tomorrow I'll be calling the doctors office to be checked. Maybe it was too strong. I don't know. We'll see"

Ruth 123 August 12, 2015

"I have had a horrible yeast for six days. Tried coconut oil, eating raw garlic, 3-Day Monostat treatment, baking soda baths and Apple Cider Vinegar; nothing was helping. Day 6 I was in so much pain and itching so intense I couldn't even think. I also had a swollen throat which was coated with white film which is a sign of candidia overload or "thrush". I was desperate after my second Monastat treatment made it worse!!! So I went to my Doc and explained about four different kinds of yeast and Monastat doesn't cure all. He wrote me a prescription for Diflucan. This is no exaggeration: within fifteen minutes of taking it, yeast dumped out of my body. A few hours later and it's still coming out and my thrush/candida coated throat is almost gone"

SavingCinderella (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

"This medicine works every time with no problem, but for some reason, the last time I took it, I got really light headed & dizzy. I got over heated & felt as if I couldn't breathe. I went to bed & when I woke up, I was better. & the yeast infection was gone."

Nae09 August 4, 2015

"I'm 18 years old. Over the course of this month, I've contracted a really bad uti (which I have yet to get rid of), but had also been diagnosed with a yeast infection. Was prescribed this medicine, but when that didn't help, I was then diagnosed with bv. The antibiotics from that and the uti, of course, gave me a horrible, wretched yeast infection. Went to the ER and was prescribed diflucan again, and now (4hrs later) there is still swelling and irritation, but there is no itching at all."

YoungHelp (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I'm telling you this medication is powerful and it works BUT I am giving it 5 out of ten right in the middle because it also has POWERFUL side effects. There is no doubt in my mind it works well BUT If your Very Hypersensitive like me to medications this one will knock you out ***Meaning its fighting the infection and doing its job*** but it can be a very uncomfortable experience... When you have a severe internal infection and take medication like this your body goes into overdrive helping the medicine work I took only a quarter of a 150 mg tablet to let my body know whats happening and wow did just that make me so dizzy and just lay in bed like WOAH but 12 hrs later took all the rest in small increments and I'm all better and it worked!"

honestconsumer101 July 24, 2015

"I've had had a yeast infection for about a week so I decided to go to the docter and they prescribed me fluconzole and it automatically helped it worked very well"

Having a yeast infection (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

"I get recurrent urine infections as I can't empty my bladder fully so I often need to go on antibiotics for this and I always used to end up needing fluconazole. Which always works better than creams or pessaries for me. I have found that taking OTC probiotic tablets has helped stave off the antibiotic related thrush infections and I think prevention is a good way to manage this. I also avoid taking the probiotic drinks because they seem to contain a lot of sugar which just makes the thrush worse."

Jay45 July 3, 2015

"Been 7 hours since I took it feel better really sore down there but no itching"

Votrade June 30, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I went to the GYN with burning, irritation, and mild clear/white discharge about three weeks ago. Had a pelvic exam and swabs were taken. She said it looked most like a yeast infection and prescribed Diflucan one tab immediately and one tab three days later. Labs came back after both doses had already been taken and the infection was bacterial (BV). Was prescribed metronidazole gel which then caused the yeast infection I didn't have in the first place. Back to the Diflucan. Three pills in one month, but since the third pill (when I actually now do have a yeast infection) I am having dizziness. Annoying, unending spinning. Also, the yeast symptoms did not abate after four days. Monistat 3 helped in one night. Never again, Diflucan."

Misdiagnosed 2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015

"I have had a few yeast infections. Always because of strong antibiotics. My doc always prescribes 2 pills take one immediately then the next 72 hours later. It has worked every time. I didn't really have an upset stomach this time. I made sure to eat plenty before I took it. Seemed to help. Warm compresses have been my best friend and showering 2x a day to keep extra clean seems to help. "

Lena0517 June 21, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Took antibiotics and got a yeast infection went to the Drs they prescribed Monistat 3. Took it for the 3 days still was experiencing a lot of itching and burning. Went back to the Drs she prescribed the one dose pill. Took it Thursday afternoon felt nausea, had headaches, and stomach aches (side effects) but helped with the burning pain by he next day. It's now Sunday and the itching burning and a pain is back. Going back to the Drs tomorrow for the 3rd time in 2 and a half weeks. So want this to go away. Feeling like I need to get second opinion."

Anonymous1000 June 14, 2015

"I have many, many medication allergies and extremely sensitive skin. With any antibiotic therapy, I always end up with a yeast infection. :( I take Diflucan 150 mg by mouth for 7 days - it's just the regimen that works for me. I've tried it on many different schedules. I also mix COLD water and 7 drops of tea tree oil in a peri bottle and rinse area several times daily. Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial and the oil soothes skin. Imperative the water is cold, as warm or hot will cause increased itching and irritation. Make sure you dry area very well by blotting only or use hair dryer on cool setting. I always take RX before bed to sleep thru any side effects!"

Elle, RNP (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 6, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Ive used this medication quite a few times in the past few years and it definitely always works. Sometimes one is not enough though but the 3 pill regimen always works when used as directed. Best part is that you can also drink alcohol on this and it will still work. No bad side effects or burning so far."

TabbyDarling May 26, 2015

"I get yeast infections when i drink alot of wine. It usually works with a mild infection if you take it upon first notice within 48 to 72 hours. But I feel relief in the first 24 hours. I also use baby diaper rash cream to relieve itching. This works like a dream. Desitin is the best. Just the regular strengt. Immediate relief! The pill does the rest. If you let it get too severe take 2 pills 2 to 5 days apart. That works in 3 to 5 days. Abstain from Alcohol and food high in sugar such as soda and sweets. If the Diflucan doesn't offer relief in 2 to 3 days you might have Vaginatis a bacterial infection which sometime seems like a yeast infection and requires a different medication. Call you doctor."

Deeza May 11, 2015

"This is my second yeast infection I have had and the doc that I went to prescribed fluconazole. Didn't give me a hole lot of info on it other then it would cure the infection. I took the pill at around 10pm and it is now 5am and I can barely stand. My burning and itching has stopped, but my stomach hurts so bad and I have spent the last hour on the toilet. It is a side effect but I don't know if I should be concerned..."

NikkiLea May 9, 2015

"So I initially got the yeast infection due to many antibiotics and medication after a car accident. It was unbearable and I ignored it for a month in which it worsened. I decided to try monistat 7 which was a remedy which was painful but worked wonderfully until I started taking my antibiotics again. I experienced some mild itching and immediately went to my ob/gyn. She prescribed two doses of 150mg fluconazole. I took one yesterday around 10AM and was fine during the day. At night I felt like there was some mild irritation in that region so left over cream from the monistat 7 was used. Today I took it around 3PM and it made me quiet nauseous but I am experiencing no further itching or irritation. Hopefully it will be gone for good!"

Jan Doe April 24, 2015

"I am so so fed up. I've been having symptoms now for a week, I took one pill last Saturday (it's now Friday) and by Weds there was minor improvement so I took another one (at great expense) on Weds. I'm still itching like mad. I can't use the cream as I am allergic to it. I have had this problem before. I can't get to the docs as I work many miles away from my surgery. I used the pessaries last time and that didn't work either. Breaking my bank ... Can it really take a week to work?"

Lu1985 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

"My gynecologist always prescribes 2 150 mg tablets packaged together for yeast infection. You take one immediately and then the other in 5 days. Works like a charm! I always develop a vaginal yeast infection when I take antibiotics! It's great to have this handy as a preventative!"

Pearlofagirl55 (taken for 10 years or more) March 28, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "This is my first yeast infection. I was too scared to tell anyone. So I dealt with it for almost a week. But last night I couldn't handle it anymore. So I told my mum. She called. And the doctor sent in a prescription. I took the pill earlier around 1.30 pm. It's now 1.41 am. It took away a lot of the itching a burning when I pee. But it still slightly hurts to wipe. And it's slightly itchy. I have another dose I can take. But I'm waiting to see if this will help. And clear up by tomorrow or get better."

hoopbla (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

"I get chronic yeast infections and this is the only only medication that has ever worked for me, this last time I started it Tues. Around 2pm and didn't feel any relief until Fri. And I always have to take a 150 mg once a day for 7 days,I highly recommend this."

Ginamariea March 15, 2015

"I never had so many yeast infections as I have had in the past year. Was on long course of antibiotics. Just a warning in December thought I had yeast infection and it was terrible. By the time I got to doctor it was actually bacterial vaginosis. Had to take Flagyl. If you have an unusually severe yeast infection, get checked. However anytime I did use fluconazole it works great."

rockchick66 February 18, 2015

"I went 21 years with never havin a yeast infection and then had 3 within like 2 months. This is the only medicine I have ever been given and it worked immediately. I took 3 (extremely small pills) one day and if symptoms continued I would take 3 more in 3 or 5 days. I never needed the second dose because it always cleared up. It provides great relief."

Vee92 January 10, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Seriously the only medicines that work for any problems. It gets the job done when you have a yeast infection from antibiotics. Fair warning have this around when you first take antibiotics."

Ash12345 December 25, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Be patient it does take a few days for the symptoms to clear but after about 4 days you should see improvement. There is a topical cream your Dr can provide that helps with burning and itching. To ease pain soak in cool water frequently... But it may take up to 7 days to clear."

Chew654321 December 10, 2014

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next