Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Fluconazole review summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fluconazole: I have issues with yeast infections and I took one pill Monday night and the second Wednesday night, every symptom went away except for the itching! I can't stand it anymore. It's now Thursday and I'm still itching not as bad but still. This medication has always worked for me before and all symptoms were gone in two days... not this time. I'm still itching.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 27, 2014 10:41 PM
Review by Chinka (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: I had got a yeast infection from eating too many sweets in one week. I had like a pie and a cheesecake everyday. I tried plain yogurt, garlic, and monistat and it appeared that everything had cleared up. But having unprotected intercourse with my fiancé, I gave him a yeast infection, finally went to the clinic and it went from a severe to minor yeast infection, I paid 80 for this pill, it worked wonderful. the drug stayed in my system for 7 days clearing up my yeast infection. Now that I know they have it at Walmart I'll get a prescription and buy it from there.

November 17, 2013 7:59 PM
Review by rcka (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole): I took 3 Diflucan for a yeast infection and used over the counter Monistat 3 day first on my own. One month later I am still experiencing burning tongue, metallic taste in my mouth, slight pains going through each breast, very tired and slight itch and burn on occasion in the vagina. I took this along with HRT and have been reading about the interaction they have together. All I have been told is that I may have overdone the treatment, had an allergic reaction, and killed too much good bacteria. Will never take this drug again.

November 12, 2013 7:57 PM
Review by Tara is not happy: User Rating:

fluconazole: I took this pill on Friday it is now Sunday and I'm still having all symptoms. It has not done anything for me. I have another refill for it I will get today and if it does not help I will be going back to get something else. This is my first yeast infection and they are nasty little demons.

November 10, 2013 11:27 AM
Review by Emzy20133: User Rating:

fluconazole: I've taken this product twice in the past once as a teenager (one dose) worked within a day or so and worked great again te last time I took 3 doses over a week or something.. Ive been prescribed again to take one dose monthly before periods I'm feeling very anxious this time but hoping works great like he other times us ladies put up with some awkward business down below!!!

October 31, 2013 3:07 PM
Review by Jill777: User Rating:

fluconazole: I went to my gyno, she gave me a prescription for this. I took it at night around 11:45pm and went home, showered, and went to bed. SO I didn't feel any side effects cause I was sleeping. No nausea, no dizzy, no pain. This pill is Free with my insurance and refills on this for a full year. (some ppl say take two, so maybe in a week I will get another)

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 28, 2013 9:55 PM
Review by Meggie128475: User Rating:

fluconazole: This drug is a godsend for people who get chronic yeast infections. I just don't know what I would do without it, because the OTC meds do not even TOUCH my yeast infections. We are talking horrible itching and burning to the point of feeling like you want to climb the walls! Sometimes it takes more than 1 dose, but my doctor did tell me this drug was harsh on your liver and for people like me who already have some liver issues, that is the only thing I worry about when taking it. Otherwise, I just would be in misery all the time without this drug.

October 26, 2013 12:36 PM
Review by No longer itchy :): User Rating:

fluconazole: I LOVE FLUCONIZOLE!! It ALWAYS works fast & eases my "issues" VERY QUICKLY! - Generally, I take a 150mg tablet, every 3 days. (Sometimes 2 doses, sometimes 3, depending upon severity.) - Other helpful suggestions include: Drinking plenty of water, eating yogurt, (or my favorite) a probiotic drink like Strawberry Kefir. - AVOID: any alcoholic drinks, especially beer for a yeast infection, I've heard beer can possibly be a good thing with bladder infections, but I'm not certain. - Tips to AVOID yeast infections to begin with: beware that consistently wearing pantyhose, tights, or spandex, is a BAD idea, your "bits" need time to "breathe", NEVER USE VASELINE, or OIL on your bits, ever!! Avoid any flavored ANYTHING internally in your "parts.":)

October 23, 2013 7:58 PM
Review by kskater11 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: The best for clearing up a yeast infection. Got some relief in a few hours with no side effects. Have taken many times and totally clears things up within a couple of days. Such a great alternative to the messy suppositories.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 17, 2013 11:34 PM
Review by Jen0620: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole): It is unbelievable how wonderful this medicine is for yeast infections! I went to doc for a urinary tract infection and also had symptoms of redness, burning, itching and swelling. It was the worst ever! Took 1 pill and already noticed results in just a few hours! It is a miracle.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 27, 2013 12:35 AM
Review by Olivia mare (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: This is my second yeast infection due to taking antibiotics. Fluconazole is really good. It's only been like 16 hours but I feel so much more relief already. Also drink tons of water and have yogurt, it also helps!

June 11, 2013 1:41 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: This pill works well. I have a recurrent yeast infection (some call it "chronic") and the over the counter meds doesn't work for me. I see a lot of others commented on here saying that this medication made them very sick, however, my guess is that they were experiencing the Herxheimer reaction, which is where the Candida bacteria are dying off rapidly causing flu-like symptoms (the liver can't expel the toxins fast enough and it over loads the body). One reviewer described this reaction to a "T". It isn't a reaction to the pill necessarily, but her body's natural response to getting rid of the infection. Anyway, this medication does take some time to work and may require a few doses.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 4, 2013 8:37 AM
Review by ccudd:

Diflucan (fluconazole): Diflucan works well, but often I need to take more than 1 to clear up the vaginal yeast infection. 2 and sometimes 3 are needed.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2013 9:39 PM
Review by That Itched (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: I had a moderate vaginal yeast infection, and it was the first sort of thing like that I've ever had. I went into the University wellness center to be checked out, and was offered 2 options: a three-time creme and vaginal suppository treatment, or a one-time orally ingested antibiotic. I chose the method that was least... ichy, the pill. I've nothing but good reviews for the medicine. It was convenient, being a one-and-done thing. It was effective- experienced some relief within 24-36 hours of taking it, was completely relieved within 4/5 days. A week later, the yeast infection appeared to be near completely gone. I had almost no side effects other than some very mild nausea shortly after ingestion. Would take again if need be.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 21, 2013 1:12 AM
Review by Kelli Rae (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: I love this miracle medicine. No messy creams to deal with and it works fast. I had a HORRID yeast infection from having a urinary tract infection and then taking antibiotics. I always get a yeast infection from antibiotics. Well I let this yeast infection go too long and then I got sick to top it all off. Getting sick and having the yeast infection made it flare up a million times worse. It was BAD. My doctor prescribed me 2 of these. I took one on day one and then the second on day two. It took three days to clear it up, but it wouldn't have taken that long if I wouldn't have let it get that bad. I also used a topical tea tree ointment for soothing.

January 12, 2013 4:48 AM
Review by MsPony (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole): I had to have oral surgery, and took amoxicillin for two weeks. The dentist prescribed fluconazole, I got the generic. I've used Diflucan in the past with great success. It seems that the generic does NOT work as well as the name brand. Three days/three pills later, I'm still suffering with the yeast infection symptoms.

November 17, 2012 10:29 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole): I have suffered every month, for years with a yeast problem. Avoiding sex, chocolate and wine were hardly a solution for me! These are the important ingredients you should be taking: 1. Eat yogurt & cereal on an empty stomach. 2. Take an acidophillus supplement. This made me NORMAL. Hooooray!

October 19, 2012 10:43 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: Worked fine for 2 days - burning and itching returned on day 3.

August 30, 2012 12:49 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Diflucan (fluconazole): Whenever I have a urinary tract infection, a yeast infection is sure to follow and this time, instead of buying the 3 day treatment of Canesten that you insert inside (which has always worked well the first day), I tried the one pill. No side effects. However I my vagina is still itchy, burning and rubbing it no longer provides any relief anymore. Going back to the doctor, hoping for something stronger.

August 26, 2012 1:24 PM
Review by Edyta (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: Was prescribed 2 doses of this pill. After taking the first dose I had some nausea which subsided after 20 minutes, then I was all sweaty and cold. After taking the second dose, my stomach was cramping horribly, I was drowsy and had nausea. I have never experienced any side effects before, so it was pretty scary.

August 2, 2012 3:35 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: Prescribed one pill for an infection, which I took this morning. Within thirty minutes of taking it, I was extremely dizzy, vomiting, and having heat flashes shooting down the inside of both arms. Frantic calls to the pharmacist and ER, and I was told to go in only if I had difficulty breathing. Four hours later and the symptoms have subsided.

July 28, 2012 2:06 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fluconazole: This was my first yeast infection. The medicine worked quickly to clear the yeast infection but I woke up the morning after taking the pill with a puffy warm face. That went away later in the day. Later in the week I had stomach cramping. I did speak with a nurse at my doctors office and she said the medicine wouldn't cause that. It was the only thing different in my routine so I'm pretty sure it was the medicine. I don't think I'd ever want to take this again.

July 19, 2012 11:46 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

fluconazole: It worked in 24 hours. Wonderful.

July 3, 2012 2:02 AM
Review by Dee Dee: User Rating:

fluconazole: Doctor gave me two pills, one for Wednesday and then one for Sunday.. No improvement. Taking a final one Friday, if symptoms persist I will try something else.

March 16, 2012 2:16 PM
Review by julie28: User Rating:

fluconazole: Had thrush for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year - driven mad with pain and horrendous itching - used Canestan twice. Went to doctor as soon as they were open again after hols, got fluconazole 1 tablet yesterday - miracle pill. Feel much better already. Hope it works and clears it up.

January 4, 2012 5:40 PM