User Reviews for Implanon

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 955 reviews 225 medications

6.7
Summary of Implanon reviews 955 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Implanon

Review by JesserF (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've had it in for about 2.5 years. My menstrual cycle had been like 6 months on 6 months off. In every other way it's great. When it's on I bleed super heavy.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 2:10 AM

For Birth Control: I really like it almost had it for 3 years. Didn't gain any weight. I lost my period the first 7 months then got it back, the period can be long or can be short, sometimes heavy but usually light. I do get emotional and have mood swings. I thinks it works great and plus you don't forget and works for 3 years.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 11:15 PM

Review by mpv09:

For Birth Control: I absolutely love it! I've had it for 2 yrs only got my period once a few weeks after I got the Implanon and never got a period again. No mood swings, gained a little weight but I don't think it all has to do with the Implanon. No side effects at all. It all depends on how your body reacts to it, I was reading some reviews where they have been bleeding for ever....if that would have been me I would of removed it already.

October 6, 2014 4:00 PM

Review by Megan Reann (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I love this birth control. Its the only one that has really worked for me. I did gain some weight but nothing a gym can't fix. I got the implant inserted in March 2014, its now October 2014 I haven't had a period for 6 months. Nothing. No light bleeding, no spotting. Its wonderful! I say go for it.

October 3, 2014 7:51 PM

Review by Breleland:

For Birth Control: I love the Implanon. I have had it 3 yrs and it is very effective. The only problem I had was the long periods that ranged from 7-10 days.

September 10, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by Lo1234567:

For Birth Control: Love this birth control. Please don't read all the negativity- every medicine has POSSIBLE side effects and the people who deal with those are more common to blog about it than the ones who have no issues with it. I've had it for 2.5 years and I've never had any issues and side effects. Some of my friends have also gotten it and love it just as much as I do!

September 5, 2014 10:50 AM

For Birth Control: I have the Implanon inserted for almost two months now and it hasn't given me problems just a very prolonged period for more than 3 weeks. I went to the doctor after the 11th day of my period they gave me birth control tablets but it took long to actually work and take the period away which left me tired all the time.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 4:00 PM

Review by Chelsea565:

For Birth Control: So far I have had no issues with the Implanon. I'm surprised after reading tons of horrible stories from other females. Insertion felt like a pinch and when it was done my arm was wrapped up. It was quick and simple. I didn't even have to pay a lot because my insurance covered it. My arm didn't bruise at all and I was able to just wear a bandaid without it being noticeable. I haven't had any crazy side effects other than being a little more emotional but it's the same level as when I get my PMS. I'm happy that I got this implant because now I can feel safe with my partner. I don't want to have any kids anytime soon.

August 28, 2014 4:49 PM

Review by Young Mother:

For Birth Control: After having my daughter at 17, my gyno. basically made me choose this birth control. I didn't want any more slip ups & apparently she felt the same. Since then, I have very random periods but DO NOT get pregnant & that's what it's all about, right? I love it.

August 25, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by one sexii mama:

For Birth Control: I love the Implanon! I have been on it for almost 2 yrs. I get it out in Dec 2015. So far I like it because I always forget to take the pill or get my shot for Depo. I decided to try it and I love it. I did gain weight about 60 lbs but its not the birth control. It was stress with home, work and family. I wont get my period for months, then one day I get it. I would have for like 2 weeks. I had it with everything like cramps, mood swings and a heavy flow.

August 14, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Ducky's Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've experienced a confusing period but its a lot less than before I got it as well as less cramps. In the beginning I gained a pound or two but realized its only because Implanon made me more hungry so I regulated my eating patterns and now I haven't gained any weight. Sometimes I might feel pregnant (since some of the symptoms relate) but I'm generally paranoid when it comes to my body. I love my Implanon and I'm greatly satisfied with it. Glad I got it best thing ever.

August 14, 2014 4:16 PM

Review by love love love IMPLANON (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I had Implanon inserted May 2010, immediately after high school. I chose Implanon because I am quite forgetful and the thought of hassle free 3 year birth control was like heaven! Side effects? Lighter period slight depression and moody but nothing serious! Other than that the Implanon is perfect! I've had it removed today and I'm considering an alternate method for birth control. ONLY because I don't want the implant for another 3yrs, yes you can have it removed before then but I want to go through the process again.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by Ultragiggles:

For Birth Control: Implanon does it's job, but I do have really crazy mood swings and I have gained 10 pounds since I've had it in (even though I workout regularly). I have periods every other month (light flow but the worst cramps). Don't know if I can deal with it anymore. Not really used to the changes.

August 12, 2014 4:22 AM

Review by bri-bri:

For Birth Control: I have been on the Implanon for two years and it's OK expect I have gained weight and I still have my period I think it's because the day I got it my period was on and it's lasted for a month then it went off for like 2 months now it's regular.

August 4, 2014 10:12 AM

Review by JayNicole (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've had my Implanon for about a year now and I love it. I've had one period that lasted about a week, with very light bleeding. I do however get everything that comes with a period, the cramps, mood swings, all the emotions, everything but the bleeding at least once a month, as if I were on my period. Other than that I have gained weight but like most people that's not just because of the birth control.

July 31, 2014 3:04 AM

Review by AWhit (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I had the Implanon inserted in June 2011 and had it taken out recently in June 2014 when my three year mark was up. I'm giving it a six because it did prevent pregnancy in my case. Pros from my experience: No periods & no pregnancies. Cons from my experiences: 80lbs weight gained(I also had some family issues, work & school. Not blaming it all on the birth control). NO sex drive at all I was never in the mood, and my feet seemed to get bigger. Other than that its a great birth control. It works effectively on other people. Some have no weight gain and some do. I do recommended this because it does work great for preventing pregnancy!

July 29, 2014 3:24 PM

Review by 1994--shelby:

For Birth Control: I'm on my second Implanon, and I love it. The first one I got I didn't have a period for the whole 3 years I had it, some weight gain but nothing extreme. No mood swings or anything like that. I got it put in because my cramps were excruciating and my periods were irregular as ever. As soon as I got the first one out I got another put in. This one has been different then my first. I have my period every other month almost sometimes longer then that and they last about a week but not heavy. Still no babies tho! I would absolutely recommend the Implanon! Don't have to worry about taking a pill every day or going in to get a shot. You can't even tell its in your arm and it doesn't hurt to get put in.

July 29, 2014 6:54 AM

Review by Victoriab:

For Birth Control: I have been on the Implanon for a little over a year, never had a period while using it. I did gain a good amount of weight but that was also from some other issues. My emotions and everything are great. No sex drive whatsoever, that's the downside. I still give it an 8! I am 21, the family planning place paid for the entire thing. And I get it removed for free!

July 9, 2014 2:40 PM

Review by MelBee:

For Birth Control: I had a horrible time with Implanon. Emotional as hell, periods all over the place, appetite gone, libido gone - everything got so much better the moment I removed it.

June 29, 2014 12:55 PM

Review by xoDJ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Got it in the beginning of the year. Everything was good for about a month. Then I started bleeding constantly. Haven't had a break from bleeding for about 2 months now. Spent almost as much money for pads/tampons as I did for the out of pocket money for the implant. Hot and cold flashes are terrible. Still have period cramps. Only thing it's done good for is preventing pregnancy and it hasn't made me gain weight. Definitely getting it taken out though just so the bleeding will stop and everything will go back to normal.

June 27, 2014 6:20 PM

Review by Abbybre (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've had Implanon since December 2011. I am getting it replaced in a few days. The first 2 years I didn't have problems with it. My periods weren't crazy. I think I had it about every 3 months for 3-4 days normal bleeding. However for the past few months I have had it every 2 weeks like clockwork with heavy bleeding. My doctor told me it is just because when it runs out it runs out and my hormones are just out of wack. I have gained weight (10 lbs in 3 years) but I'm not blaming that completely on birth control. I'm in dental school and quite stressed. For those who say they have gained 20-30 lbs on this, there is no way hormones ALONE cause that much weight gain, other factors are in play there.

June 27, 2014 12:44 PM

Review by Courtenay001:

For Birth Control: Implanon is awesome, I've had mine in for around over 2 years now and have never had a problem with it. The first two months were tricky, my period lasted for about 3 weeks then just spotted and then stopped completely. I haven't gotten it since. I also don't get period pain or the mood swings. It's awesome.

June 23, 2014 6:21 AM

Review by lily1994:

For Birth Control: I've had the Implanon for 4 months already the first two months I got my menstrual cycle, now I don't. My breasts got swollen and my face breaking out, I have some acne, losing weight is good part but sex is getting very uncomfortable and painful but I still recommend it.

June 21, 2014 6:32 PM

Review by Kardashianlover:

For Birth Control: I've been on Implanon now for about 2 and half years now and I'm still getting my periods. They started off normal & now they are just irregular. I've had my period now for the past three weeks now and it's not normal period blood it's more brown and chunky than anything I've experienced before. I'm not the type to go to the Drs. but it's getting to the point where it's ruining my sex life. I never had depression or weight loss or gained any but I do get less headaches then what I did before. I would recommend the Implanon to people who are forgetful about taking pills it's just risky because the symptoms are different for everyone.

June 18, 2014 1:03 AM

Review by Judi B:

For Birth Control: I got implanon inserted an April of this year, my period was supposed to come at the end of the month of May. It eventually came, and I have been spotting/bleeding (really light) for 3 weeks. Not as bad as most of your stories (now that I think about it, I have been dry), but how do you know when the irregular bleeding is not related to Implanon?

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate