User Reviews for Implanon

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1140 reviews 255 medications

6.6
Summary of Implanon reviews 1140 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "I just had it last month and so far so good, I have not had any major side effect except for a little mood swing and I have not had my period since am exclusively breastfeeding my 4 month old. so am just learning a lot from the reviews"

checkme2 September 3, 2015

For Birth Control "A year or so ago I would have said its fantastic and even given it a 10/10. That was my first implant. I had no periods, my metabolism boosted massively and I had no ups and downs with hormones or anything like that. It came to the 3 year deadline and I had it replaced. I had nothing but problems with that one. Sickness all the time, pains, moody, bloating etc etc. It got the point where a year later I HAD to have it out after 3 months constantly feeling sick day in day out. I got really depressed because of feeling like this and I had to leave my dream job. I had my implant out on 9th July and still feel sick everyday with aches and pains in my stomach, docs have said a few more months of this yet!!! DON'T get one!!!"

Harrietrose September 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using this product from Sept. 2013. I've had it in when I was 18. Today, I finally got the implanon taken out of me! I'm still not pregnant which is the big deal here so the contaceptive did it's job and I'm happy with that! The reason why I didn't leave it in there for another year is due to weight gain. I was always hungry! I have gained about 20kg in 2 years period. At my lowest 68kg and now 84kg... I'm 170cm but it's still horrible! I tried to lose weight while on the implanon but it was proved impossible. I would even gain weight even if I didn't eat anything! It was crazy. Everything else was relatively ok!"

Kayleigh95 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I had the implanon inserted 17 months ago and everything was going great up until the 16th month. I started feeling crazy moody and fighting a lot more with my boyfriend about things that never use to bother me. I am extremely moody and have irregular periods. I think I am going to remove it because I have also noticed that it has made me super anxious. I have a constant tightness in my chest and I was never like this. I have also been super jealous and moody like never before. I'm really considering taking it out soon."

ana24 September 2, 2015

For Birth Control "About two weeks into having it in my arm, it started to hurt. Then I found I couldn't even find it in my arm! I went to my obgyn and she felt around and found it. So about the third week, I got my period. And here I was, in July, still on my period. I gained about 10 pounds in those months, low sex drive, awful mood swings, and major depression. Not to mention the dang thing hurt so bad in my arm I could hardly stand it! I finally told my obgyn I wanted it out and after about 30 minutes, she couldn't get it out. I had to get general surgery to have it removed! That took about 30 minutes, and a lot of pain, to get out. The implanon had ATTACHED itself to the scar tissue that surrounded the muscle in my arm. Would not recommend!"

Jordy Leigh September 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I have had the implanon for about a year, it's nice that I don't have to worry about getting pregnant, or worry bout taking birth control everyday. But my side affects are bad, I get my period somtimes 2 times a month, its random so I don't know when I'm going to have it. Also I have gained 20 pounds since I started on it. I'm thinking about removing it!"

Savvvvv (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I have not had any issues with the implanon I got it in July 2013. I'm on my last year and I love it. When I first got it in, my period didn't come for 7 months only last the usual 7 days and then it was gone, then my it came again 3 months later only lasted about 7 days. and now its hasn't came for a year but decided to pop up just last week but I'm okay with it. I don't think I have any other side effects maybe some weight gain but I'm tall and have always been petite so I like the weight gain. The only side effect I don't like is the hair growing everywhere it shouldn't. But thats not going to make me try anything else. I already tried the shot and pills. I couldn't remember to take the pill everyday and the shot had me on my period for like 2 months."

Anonymous August 31, 2015

For Birth Control "This worked well as I did not get pregnant. However, I got my period every 2 to 3 weeks and it would last for about 2 weeks. Also, Pre-Implanon I was about 120, by the time I took it out (3years) I was up to 155. I took it out and the weight just fell off."

molldoll (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had the implanon for 5 years. I'm on my second insert. I weighed 150 when I first got on the implanting, now I'm 195lbs and I'm only 5"4'. I'm not saying that weight loss is impossible on the implanting, but it takes a lot more effort to loss weight on the implanon. I haven't had sex in over a year, so I think it will be fine to take it out. Hopefully, it will be a lot easier for me to shake this weight. Everyone's body is different. I had a cousin on it who experienced bad periods and horrible weight loss. She immediately got off it. I haven't had a period, but I have had more yeast infections."

Shebathu August 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm going on my second implanon. The first three years were OK. I didn't get a period for the first year. Then I got a 2 week long period every three months for the second year. The final year I got my period every month for a few days. Normal for me. This time around...not sure if I'm liking it. I got it replaced in April. I haven't had a period since then....which is fine by me. But I have been gaining weight and can't seem to lose it. I've always been very petite, 107 lbs is my normal weight. Now I am up to almost 130. Also, my arm where the implant is itches like crazy almost every day. Bad enough that at times I just want to get it taken out. But I more than likely wont"

shaylin August 24, 2015

For Birth Control "When I first got the implanon I didn't stop bleeding so my doctor gave me a medication for a few days to help. Well it's been over a year and I still bleed every other week. I've gained some weight too but my main issue is the bleeding. It's such an inconvenience and I cannot wait to take it out. As a form of birth control it's very effective and I would advise it to someone who doesn't practice safe sex"

Jordannn August 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I don't know whats worse the bleeding for 6 months straight or the horrible depression, anxiety, and mood swings. I thought I was crazy luckily me and my friend both got it together and experienced the exact same side effects. So we both knew it was the implanon. The worst mental breakdown of my life. My hormones finally leveled out and I feel like myself again! It took 7 months of mood swings and bleeding nonstop. But I'm starting to feel normal again. I haven't removed it because they keep telling me once your hormones stabilize I'll be fine so I toughed it out. And feel 100% better. I just hope it stays this way."

Nicky. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I had this implanted in February of 2015. It's now August, and I've had nothing but great result. No weight gain, only loss. No breakouts, only skin clearing. I think often people blame this own behaviors on their birth control. If you take good care of yourself, eat, well, & continue to work out, I wouldn't say from my experience that you have any trouble. It has migrated up my arm a little bit, but it's no problem. I haven't had my period since March! No pain, or anything bad. I really enjoy this form of birth control. I recommend giving it a go if you insurance will cover it."

Elizabeth0907 August 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I got my implant about 4 months ago, since then I've had really long and heavy periods, spotting for maybe 2 weeks then I might stop all together for about a week, start spotting then have the heavy, prolonged period. I haven't had any other side effects such as the nausea and head aches like it said I would. I am getting more acne than I've ever had though. I'm just worried about these never ending periods."

jc94 August 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Never again! After being on depo I was suppose to b an ideal candidate the first 6 months was ok bit moody but fine no weight gain but then something changed I was constantly bleeding and getting horrible hormone spots I normally have clear skin mood swings were increasing. After 14 months I decided to have it taken out and that was an ordeal they can b very tricky for the doc remove. So 3 anesthetics and a few stitches later its out. It's simply not worth the hassle"

Dgall25 August 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I thought having birth control was a good move considering i already have a son and im in college and go to school but now i wish i would have gotten this thing removed a while ago... I use to experience nausea and back pain now i just have headaches, dizziness, Extremely long menstral cycles, cycle has lasted almost a whole 3 years.No sex drive, Mood swings\depression, hair loss, and i get soo tired that i feel like i been ran over and acne. All of which are side effects and i feel soo alone with it. I will never try to force my body to accept something it doesnt like again. This bas damaged my relationship with my man in more ways than 1."

nene216 August 18, 2015

For Birth Control "Getting the Implanon was the worst decision i ever made!!!! I had it in for 3 months and gained a rediculous amount of weight and never had a period. After 3 months I went back to my gp and asked him to take it out, thats was 7 years ago. To this day I'll be lucky to get my period once a year and lasting only 2-4 days."

Anonymous August 14, 2015

For Birth Control "Ive had my implant for about 1 month, im 22 i've never had kids nor had been on birthcontrol before. The reason i got on was because i got into a serious relationship and well we both arnt ready for children yet. My main concerns were, the weight gain, breaking out, the spotting, and the sex drive. I was weighing 140lbs when i got it and now weight 135, my skin has actually been looking better than usual and the spotting i have had is very little... And the sex drive has not changed... The only negative thing i could say is that i do feel emotional and want to cry allot more than ever.. But besides from that its great!"

Sarahhlee August 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I had the implanon in for the full three years and got it out because it expired and we wanted to try for a baby. I had no big issues while the implant was in but experienced an extreme amount of side effects after removal. I had severe nausea, dizziness and spells of anxiety for weeks after removal. So bad that I had to Begin a low dose birth control to counteract the imbalance that was occurring- I was out of work for an entire week and unable to function normally it got so bad at one point. I have now been on the birth control pill for almost two months so everything has subsided except the anxiety. I have never had anxiety in my life and now deal with it on a regular basis thanks to the implanon! Do not use this product!"

Ken517 August 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I found out about the bar last year in October, I was on the pill, I went on the bar because it was an easier option not needing to remember to take a pill every morning, the first 2 weeks of the bar was great!! I started lossing weight just like that after that two weeks I began a period that took forever to go away around 1 month. I started getting headaches and very emotional. But other than that it fine! The great thing about it was I lost 7 kgs and got eat whatever I wanted and still didn't gain weight"

harry styles August 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I had gotten the implant after having my second daughter, as I was supposed to get it after my first daughter but didn't want to deal with the side effects, I had always had been called fat my whole teenage life because I was a little bigger then my friends, and had chubby cheeks, although before having my daughters I was a size 8-10. I was told that it causes weight gain but I thought I would be able to control it, I've had it over a year now, and I've gained so much weight, now I actually really feel fat, I always get told that I've gained weight, which has killed the confidence that I ever had, I just can't stop eating junk food, I do so much walking yet still no weight loss"

Ash_liyah August 6, 2015

For Birth Control "The implant is rubbish. I am only 16 so I understand that my hormones are crazy already. However, though I was told about irregular bleeding I was not warned on the mood swings. I've felt terrible for the entire time I've had the implant. The insertion was pain free a little odd but it was fine. I'm nervous to get it out but I'm desperate. In the past month I've been foul to my boyfriend and have taking up arguing as a new hobby. I barely speak to my family and am feeling so down and upset; I'm an emotional wreck. Anything sets me off crying and makes me so angry then I get really low. It may work for some people but for me it's terrible. The bleeding is also frustrating because it's on and off so v unpredictable. Wouldn't recommended it!!!!"

LucyLSP (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I really liked this birth control option when I started it, and for the first year it worked really well! After about 18 months, i started getting really bad periods, they would last between 1-2 months each and although they weren't super heavy I was still bleeding. Around the same time I started getting really bad cramps, and before the implant I had never gotten cramps in my life! I was 22 when I got it, and had had my period for about 10 years at that point. I just scheduled an appointment to have it removed, but i'm a little hesistant to do it because like it promised, I haven't gotten pregnant! still trying to decide if the bi-weekly cramps and long periods are worth it, but odds are I will resort to traditional birth control instead."

alid12457352 August 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had Implanon since September 2014. When I first got it, the week after I got my period and it lasted for 10 days. Then I didn't get my next period until November. Sometimes when I have sex I get this bad sharp pain in my abdomen. This has never happened prior to the Implanon. My period skips two months at a time before it comes back again. When it comes back sometimes I have it and my cycle is regular or much longer than usual. I don't know if it's spotting or bleeding but I'll get my period, be good for a week then it comes right back, then be gone for a week and come back again. Very very frustrating. I'm hoping others can relate. Overall, I like it. I'm not pregnant and I feel sure of the protection it's providing."

JJoseph74 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had it for 2 weeks so far no side effects yay!!! I don't get why people keep it in for years if it has crazy side effects like weight gain, suicide etc? The moment I gain 5 lbs I'm getting it out. I have a very very regular workout and diet schd. The only pills that worked for me we're Yasmin and mini pill but I kept forgetting to take it after my sons birth hence the implanon."

Gggggggggggg111111tttyy August 1, 2015