User Reviews for Implanon

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1115 reviews 254 medications

6.7
Summary of Implanon reviews 1115 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "I've had Implanon for 2 and a half years now. I can't wait to get it out and I will never get it again. The main reason is I have gained A LOT of weight with this, and also I feel is the cause of my acne/mood swings. My periods have now stopped completely, besides the odd month of spotting. Spotting that may last about 2 weeks, then stop for one week, then come back for another week. It definitely does it great job as acting as a contraceptive. Handy for people who don't want to take the pill everyday."

Anonymous July 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I have had the implanon for about 9 months. First 3 months were okay, the following 3 months started experiencing very extreme migraines (which I already had an issue with prior to insertion) mood swings very drastic mood swings, no energy to much, always tired and no desire to do anything. At about 6 months I started feeling really depressed, lonely, unwanted (I have 2 kids and a very caring fianc"

Shanice0611 July 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I just got my 3rd rod in Feb. 2015 and I am not sure why I got another one instead of trying something different. It does work very well but the side effects are terrible. I got on it because I thought it would make my periods go away and it didn't, it just made them much longer and I recently had to start taking iron pills to help. The first 2 years I gained 30 pounds and I became very depressed and anxious ( which is still going on in year 7). I do not sleep very well and I am not sure if it is the birth control or not but I am always tired and never have energy. I have a sex drive but some times I get a really sharp pain in my lower stomach that makes not want to have sex because the pain it causes is not worth it."

liiiikkkkkkaaaa (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had it for a year and a half. My periods are much better. But recently I've been bleeding for two weeks straight, very strange, but I do work with all girls... Why I rated it a 3 is because I gained 60 pounds. That is so depressing for a woman. I've tried every healthy diet, diet pills, working out. Eating all organic non processed foods. EVERYTHING. I am now depressed about my weight. I'm on Wellbutrin an antidepressant which helps a lot with my all day uncontrollable hunger. It feels like I'm high all day long...the hunger never ends. I am an athlete and I live a healthy lifestyle. I can't even drink because of the antidepressants. So I'm actually at my gyno right now about to get this thing out of me! I recommend the pill over this."

Jessie Noel July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I got the implanon 4 years ago, (didn't want to get pregnant) as I was allergic to the pill, and was very clumsy with taking it I thought the rod was an amazing option. The beginning was crazy with periods all over the place, and extending for long periods. That was for the first 6 months however after that my periods disappeared for the rest of the journey on the rod (2.5) years. I got my first one out this year in June;and had another one placed in, the pros are no periods, and not having to worry about getting pregnant. The cons; depression,loss of libido, weight gain, loss of self and in saying that I mean I changed (my personality was bubbly happy) to sad, moody, angry! Different! I know the rod screwed with my hormones."

Jesssssssddssssss July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had implanon in for nearly 1 year, before having it inserted my periods were like clock-work, and on the lightish side. I had it inserted on the 2nd day of my cycle, and that period lasted longer than usual, but other than duration it was as normal. I found I was extremely emotional for the first month. My breasts get tender sometimes, and I spot occassionally, but its nothing more than a bit of 'pink' on the paper when I go to the toilet. I don't even wear a liner. I've only had 1 period the entire time. Except about a week ago, the heaviest period of my life started! I've passed clots the size of golf balls! If it continues I may have to have it removed. Its weird that this is happening now after being so good for nearly a year. "

kerrie1487 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I gave this method a birth control a 10 because it worked too damn good!! No periods. No pregnancies. That was the one thing it was GREAT for. However on the flip side of that it made my hormones go buck wild. Suicidal thoughts & actions. Anxiety. Paranoid. Depression. Back pain. For the longest , I ignored all these signs. I thought I was going crazy. It was inserted back in 2010. It was only good for 3 years. By the 2nd year I noticed a difference in me. I was very anxious. Irritable. Low patience. Not like me at all. People didn't understand why I was tripping. Hell I didn't understand it myself . I told multiple people "there is something wrong" I need help. Not realizing that the only help I needed was for them to take this thing out!!"

Danni05 July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Definitely does it's job. I've been on it for a little over one year and there haven't been any complications, it's my only form of birth control (my fiance is the only man I sleep with) so it's been doing all the heavy lifting. I like it a lot because I don't have to remember to take a pill every day at seven however there are some issues with my period. The longest period I had lasted one month however I haven't had it since, and it has been about three months. Make sure to keep track of your period. So it really sucks to have a month long period but to not have it for three, going on four months, has been super awesome!!"

NicknameAlreadyInUse July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had it for a year now, I'm 23 and have not had kids. Months 1-3 sucked seriously, I was miserable, had no energy, still got my period, felt sick, loss of appetite etc.. After about 4 months it got a little better. I do love that you don't have to worry about it for 3 years, I loved my old BC but taking the pills every day at the same time was a bit annoying. Now after almost exactly 1 year all my month 1-3 side effects are back. Sick feeling, tired (I could sleep all day and night, some days I have) I'm highly considering getting this thing out of me! I've read a lot about people having way more energy as soon as they got it out. (Keep in mind every woman's body will react differently)"

M.Rose18 July 23, 2015

For Birth Control "Just got my implanon/nexplanon replaced again, love it, going on year 7 with it continously! Had it for a full 6yrs now, got it when I was 16 and have had it in since. I have had no noticeable side effects like weight gain and acne. The only side effect I experienced is that my period stopped other than some light spotting once or twice in 6yrs. I would highly recommend it because there's nothing easier and less painful it seems than the implant,from my end theres nothing to lose."

m.tracy17 July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "So I had to change my birth control. I have been on the depo for 5 years and I told it will be healthy to switch since after time it begins to break down your bone density. So I research many birth controls and came across implanon. I did a lot of research and reading other women's reviews had me very scared because of the terrible side effects. When I first went to get the implanon I was denied because I had sex within a 10 day period so take note no SEX lol. I went from no period with the depo to period about 6 days a month. My periods were not heavy at all. I have not experience any mood swings, nor low sex drive. I have had the implanon since March 2015. I would recommend it to anyone. But do take note everyone's body reacts differently"

Anonymous July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "Going on my second year. I bled consistently for the first 3 months, then my period would come every other month, alternating being super light or morbidly heavy. The first full year I would get painful menstrual cramps, whether I was on my cycle or not. Since I have started my second year I have noticed that my cycle has started and not left. I've been on my period for two months. The first month was really light, but lately the volume has increased significantly. I will note that I have Graves Desease which makes my hormone levels naturally very high and I think that's a factor."

MoniRae July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "OH MY GOSH. I'm 17 and I had implanon since June 18 and I've been on my period ever since. I get these crazy headaches and HOLY SHIIT I have never had acne before and now I have it and it's bad. I have so many zits my face it hurts. It's terrible I don't want to go anywhere or see anyone with my face looking like a crunch bar. I've gone through so many packs of tampons luckily I just bought this feminine cup called the diva cup where you put it in twice a day and clean it and it last for years I highly recommend it. Instead of putting tampons in which Is made from non organic cotton which is the reason why a lot of people get infections and cancer down there. LADIES KNOW WHATS INSIDE YOUR PRODUCTS. Good luck."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "So far I hate it...birth control yea because I've been having my period for 3 months. How can I tell if it works if I can't even have sex. 1 min I'm bleeding the next I'm not and when I think I'm in the clear I'm bleeding again. Im extra moody and I'm usually a nice person. I'll give it 1 more month. But this totally not what I signed up for"

WhyyBother (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on implanon since january 2015 and it has worked efficiently for me. I got it because I kept having ovarian cysts even after surgery and really bad and heavy periods, so the doctor said it would be good idea to put it on so I didn't keep producing more cysts. The procedure it's super easy and painless so you don't have to worry about that. If you're right-handed they will most likely put it on your left arm and the same thing happens if you're left-handed. I have experienced about 2 slim to none like periods, needing only panty liners. I always use panty liners just in case bc I don't want to ruin my underwear if some blood comes out, which is rare, but I don't want to waste them for such a silly thing."

CGC29jwhshwuak July 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Implanon since February. Honestly I'm ready to get it out of my arm. Yes, it protects you from getting pregnant.. But I have been bleeding for a month & two weeks. & it's driving me so CRAZY I just can't take it anymore:( but I want to keep it in because it really does protect you from getting pregnant. I lost my baby boy at 29 weeks pregnant.. On Nov 4th 2014. It was the hardest thing ever.. He was a stillborn. But I must admit as the Days went by I've gotten stronger. I don't plan on trying to have another baby til I'm finished with school. But anywho the Implanon works great but I just hate the bleeding everyday none stop...but I'm trying to hang in there to see if it'll eventually stop for a while.."

Visaa July 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I've only had the implant for a little over a month.. I got it June the 6th.. Since then I've bleed for 24 days on end.. Light spotting which I hate.. Also my skin has begin to break out as well.. Not really big bumps but little annoying ones.. That keep popping up each day.. Makes me wanna go see my dermatologist again. I've also had mood swings as well.. Which I already suffered from.. I think it's getting worse too.. No weight gain. I work out pretty regularly. Imma try it for just one more month and if these side effects don't stop or at least get better I will have it removed. The only real plus is that I haven't got pregnant and I have sex pretty often.. So I guess it's serving its only real purpose."

Makenzie3 July 13, 2015

For Birth Control "First couple of months I had a longer then usual period. After about 2 months in it completely stopped although I had light craps and mood swings through out the first couple of months no weight gain. Perks of having the implant, not having to worry about missed pills (although I was never good at taking pill form birth control) No shot and yet still having periods ! All around the implants been good to me. Would highly recommend it to anyone with an irregular period!!! Haha good luck ladies!"

Age 24, Irregular periods!! July 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I got my implanton on july 1st 15. I am so far thrilled with it. I was on the second day of my period when I went in to get my Mirena. Due to complications with insertion (OUCH) I did not receive the Mirena. My doc recommended the implanton, I had done little research about it but opted to get the implant. She numbed the injection site and it was in, with slight discomfort, in seconds. The reason I gave a 9 is because the next day I felt overwhelmed with emotions and was very light headed and tired. Besides that it completely stopped my period that day and I havent spotted or bled at all. I have a 2 month old daughter and knowing I am safe for 3 years is super reassuring. I would recommend this form of bc!"

New to this (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this form of birth control. It is so easy and I've had pretty much no side effects. I haven't had any periods in the 2 years I've been on it, and only the rare light spotting (maybe 5-6 days in 2 years). Will be going in to have another one placed shortly. Highly recommend."

Knobs July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on it for 3 years. I got it renewed in March. I loved it the first three years I was on it. No period. No weight gain. Since I went back on it I gained 5 pounds. Nothing has changed in my diet either. I still don't get my period. Which is a blessing of course, but it makes me very moody. I don't want kids but I don't want to deal with my mood swings. Might take it out, but its wonderful form of birth control. My doctor said this birth control doesnt make you gain weight but everyone is different. Thinking about taking it out and just dieting."

Jayjlovej July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I could cry now! This is my 2nd implanon.1st wa out in 9 months due to mood swings and feeling sooo low all of the time. I cannot use combined pill due to familt history of cardiac problems and migraine myself. The POP makes me bleed constantly without a break and I ended up anaemic using the coil (IUD). Decided last year to give the implanon another go just in case it was a one off bad experience....6 months in and I has gain 20lbs and feel horrific. Anxiety++ depression++ stress++ weight++ Making an appointment to have Implanon removed. Only plus to Implanon for me is that I don't have any periods. That's the only plus. Insertion and removal is easy having done it once before. Lack of periods is great. Never again"

Impla15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I got this as my first birth control experience at the age of 17. When I first got it, I didn't realize that all of the side effects I was having were caused by this. I gained some weight. I was moody and had zero sex drive. I also had irregular periods which I never had before. I would bleed for a couple days after every sexual encounter. I won't lie, I had a promiscuous year during year 3 of having this. I didn't have a single pregnancy scare. But after the first year of having Implanon, my side effects subsided. I love it. I am so glad that I have it. I had it replaced last summer and saw a few side effects from it. Just irregular periods again. But it is so worth it. A year of side effects is nothing compared to being a mom."

leeleetay (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I had my implant inserted in December 2014 and am now seriously considering having it removed after less than a year. The first 3 months were okay, only 2 regular periods with occasional light spotting in between. Well, that ended in a big ole hurry. I now have constant, heavy spotting (including during my wedding in April, yes it was so much fun to make my maid of honor hold my dress while I REPEATEDLY changed my tampon, AT. MY. WEDDING.) and my cystic bacne is out of control. I've now been on my period for almost 2 straight months, and needless to say I'm sick of it. I've also gained 15ish pounds. We don't want kids yet so it's great that it works for pregnancy prevention, but I'm not sure it's worth all the extra side effects."

KFishy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I love it I haven't had any weight gain and the only problem was my period lasted a month but other then that I have very few headaches and haven't gotten pregnant"

Xoxo12 July 7, 2015