User Reviews for Implanon

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 992 reviews 235 medications

6.7
Summary of Implanon reviews 992 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Implanon

Review by bubbleslv93:

For Birth Control: I have been on this for about 2 years, I barely get any periods mostly just spotting, no weight gain, you don't have to think about it but every other three years, and it just goes in your arm. I think it's the best birth control out there for now. I think it is perfect for me but everyone's body will react differently.

February 10, 2015 4:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have had the Implanon for about 5 months now, and its great! I only spot for about a day or two each month and thats it. I have actually lost weight since then as well. Nothing has really changed with me since I got it. No mood swings or acne.

February 8, 2015 11:14 AM

Review by nikki815 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on for almost six years I've had it replaced once. This up coming October I'll probably have it replaced again. For me the first one my periods were random. No period for 3 months then spotting for one month. After having it replaced the second time it's been less period all around light spotting. Again considering it again in October just wanted to see the effects others have had. No weight gain or acne for me. I have a slight temper already so wouldn't have noticed mood swings

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 2:25 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I thought this birth control would be the perfect fit for me since I always forgot to take the pill. I had it inserted in October 2014. Since then I have already gained 20 pounds. Nothing about my life or the way I eat has changed so I knew it was the Implanon. When it was first put in my arm was bruised for a week and very sensitive to touch. I have had very clear skin before using this and my face has begun to break out. I'm only 20 so I'm very insecure to go to the beach this summer with my face and body looking like this. Also my sex drive has gone down tremendously. Which is hurting my relationship. The only plus side is not having a period at all. I would spot here and there in the beginning but it went away and I do not spot anymore.

February 5, 2015 12:17 PM

Review by Alicia90 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Got mine 4 months now. So disappointed. Have my period non stop and my face looks terrible! I want it removed asap and get back on Yaz. My skin was in perfect condition while I was on Yaz.

January 31, 2015 11:05 AM

Review by Tina1114:

For Birth Control: I have been on the Implanon a little over a year now. I have not had any periods besides a little spotting the first couple months. (Yay for not having to pay for tampons & chocolate!) I love the fact of not having a period and not getting pregnant right now, but there are a few downsides to it. My downsides: I never had acne previously and I now have it really bad, i gained about 45 lbs, and I have horrible mood swings. It has its good and its bad to it, just be cautious of the side effects.

January 31, 2015 10:31 AM

Review by SGoode (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've had the Implanon for 6 months now - light periods and occasional cramps - but aside from that no bad side effects! I've even lost weight (only half a stone) so I guess it affects everyone differently! The first month was quite horrible as I was bleeding all the time! But afterwards it was all fine.

January 31, 2015 7:46 AM

Review by iamher:

For Birth Control: I've had it for 1 year. I bleed for 1 month straight starting the day after it was inserted. My hormones was out of whack. I was irritable, moody! My face broke out in NASTY pimples on my face chest and back. (I'm on prescribed acne medicines now) but overall no pregnancy. My moods balanced out, eventually. My cycle comes once a month, it's really light, but last 10-14 days.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 9:52 AM

Review by mm3434:

For Birth Control: I had it for 3 years and it didn't get me pregnant but I did gain 30 pounds and acne problem started after a year. My sex life went down a lot.

January 24, 2015 12:10 AM

Review by E-Rin 7:

For Birth Control: I just had my 2nd Implanon put in yesterday. Solid 3 years of no babies, light mostly regular periods. Insertion was not too painful. I had it removed and a new on put in yesterday so I have slight bruising and tenderness today. My doctor was wonderful, helpful && gentle with the procedure. I recommend it to anybody who is wanting to wait on having kids.

January 20, 2015 3:25 PM

Review by livvya85:

For Birth Control: I used implanon for 6 years and won the lottery in side effects- no periods and the first 6 weeks I actually felt euphoric! Has anyone else had that? My mood went down after that but I felt like it stayed slightly above average for me the whole time on it. So for me it wasn't just birth control but an anti depressant. I went off it 2 years ago as we would be OK falling pregnant now and have been really struggling with mood swings during my periods. I hate it. My friend who had major depression in her trends found the same side effects as I did- more even moods and more productive.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 5:32 PM

Review by haileybailey:

For Birth Control: I have been on the Implanon for the 3 allowed years now. My periods are completely random and have zero sex drive. No weight gain besides my own body's growth has come from the pill. Overall it is a decent and easy form of birth control and very effective. I will be having it removed today but not replaced, plan on switching to a different form.

January 19, 2015 12:31 PM

Review by Sammie56789:

For Birth Control: I had the Implanon Inserted in October 2014. The first couple of weeks I felt quite queezy and depressed. After a few weeks I was fine. I have not gained any weight or had any nasty side effects. I have a light and short period once a month. However, sex drive has gone out the window.

January 7, 2015 7:35 PM

Review by Californiagirl24:

For Birth Control: I have had Implanon for 3 years. I never had weight gain, mood swings or pain but at the end of the 3 years, for a few months I did get sever acne, depression and weight gain. The two and a half years without periods or the worry if I could get pregnant is worth the few months of acne and weight gain.

January 7, 2015 12:09 PM

Review by JenArm (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I am on my 3rd Implanon since I had my daughter 8 years ago. I have random spotting and a very light period every 6 months or so. After about 2 years of having the Implanon in I have heavier more frequent periods. My doctor removes it when I start having issues and puts in a new one. I am currently about due to have my 3rd one taken out. Implanon is definitely the best option for me!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 9:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Honestly I thought this birth control was the best at first told everyone I knew to get it. But now 4 months later. I can't stand it my emotions have been out of this world, my stress level has been higher and I went from a happy person to hating everything. I never have gotten cramps before I got this put in and they are the worst. The bleeding goes from heavy to light but at random times but means to say I'm getting this removed immediately. Because I know I will go back to my normal self again.

January 6, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by Michelle Watkins:

For Birth Control: I have been on implanon for a year now. There are some goods and bads to using it. The good things are you don't bleed every month and you don't have to worry about getting pregnant. The bads are you have less sex desire, stressed, increase appetite, and my biggest problem is weight gain. I have gained 20lbs so far.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 1:16 PM

Review by Claudia soto (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I'm going on 8 months now. The birth control is great, the only issue I had was my period. I feel like I've had my period all those months and they last about 2 weeks. I'll get a little break (1 week) and I'll get it again. I did get really bad cramps one month but other than that I haven't had any side effects. I feel like a lot of woman blame birth control for gain weight. But it's all about will power you can't let one thing control your life. People just need to get off their butts and workout. That's how you won't gain weight.

December 22, 2014 10:52 AM

Review by katherine421 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I love the Implanon, 100% effective. I get no periods. The only downhill is that in the 2 years I've being using it I gained at least 45 pounds which sucks because I tried everything to lose the weight but nothing seems to work for me. I have my appointment for removal on the 31st of December.

December 22, 2014 12:31 AM

Review by Vicky8976:

For Birth Control: I've had it in for 8 months now and only get my light spotting when stressed. I love the convince of no pill and one hormone. I have gain 5 pounds (I'm less active) and have a lower sex drive but its not that bad. I just find myself to tired to do anything.

December 21, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by MaKaylaBeth1994:

For Birth Control: I've been on birth control for about three years. I had the Depo shot for 9 months then I switched to the Implanon and have had it for 2 years. I didn't have a period when I was on Depo or when the Implanon was inserted. The weirdest thing happened I started my period last week and it will stop for a couple days and start up again just wondering if it's normal for it to happen. Since I've been on it for so long I didn't think I would get my period until I had it taken out.

December 12, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by Newly_wed:

For Birth Control: I had been on the pill for 7 years and had a good experience with them, but every time I'd forget to take a pill, I'd bleed. My husband and I decided to wait on kids so I got the Implanon inserted. I love the convenience of not having to worry about taking a pill or having to worry about being pregnant if i forget the pill. The only major downfall is the lack of sex drive. I've been on the Implanon for almost 2 months and it's affecting my sex life. My husband and I went from doing it 3 times a week to 1. I'm seriously considering taking it out early.

December 5, 2014 9:11 PM

Review by Amanda Shane (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Implanon since April 2013...for the entire first year I had absolutely no period which was great! About 2 months ago I got a very heavy period. I've been having light bleeding ever since and it's driving me nuts, but overall this is the best method of birth control for me. And I've tried everything! Side effects are different for everyone and it can always be taken out if it doesn't work for you. I'd say if you're forgetful or just prefer a form of birth control that requires no effort don't hesitate to give this a try I love it!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 12:23 AM

Review by happy_camper (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I had my period for 3 months straight after getting the Implanon. But now after 8 months I have NOT gained weight or gotten a period. And I have not gotten pregnant. It has made me more sleepy though which is ok.

December 2, 2014 2:46 AM

Review by pkx (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have just taken out my Implanon for about a month ago and I had used it for 3 years and a few months. I really liked the Implanon. It worked, I didn't get pregnant. My periods was usually light and last a few day. I didn't have any complication. The only thing that I didn't like was that I gained 30lbs. I felt like I was always hungry and so I was always eating. I tried working out but I didn't lose much weight during the first 2 year. But during the last year it started getting easier for me to lose weight so I'm guessing it's because the Implanon started to fade. And I also have a sister who used it. She didn't have any problem or anything but she just gained weight. But besides that it was good.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate