User Reviews for Implanon (Page 2)

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1286 reviews 271 medications

6.4
Summary of Implanon reviews 1286 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "I was initially excited about getting this implanted, because I'm terrible with remembering things. Let alone a pill. However, I haven't really stopped bleeding. I got it in March, bled for 2 months, stopped bleeding for a month, them continued bleeding for about 4 months (too light for a pad but too heavy for a panty liner). Next time I stopped it was for about two weeks. It's January now, and I'm still going. I can see the implant bulging through my skin and it's uncomfortable to hold things that are on the heavier side. I definitely would not recommend this one ladies."

Anonymous January 6, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control is a near traumatic experience. I have gained 30lbs. I have had this implanted in my arm since 2013. On top of the weight issue I have experienced constant bleeding, emotional ups and downs, and a fire cracker temperament. I've set up appointments but the timing has been poor considering I have just gotten out of the military, moved across the country and moved into a new house. I did however manage to start using the nueva ring and it did however help a lot with maintaining the current weight and with 1 1/2 hrs of gym time a day was working to get down to a happier weight. Recently I have ran out of the nueva ring and even with so much time in the gym it's like a gained 5 lbs in my sleep. Working on getting it removed"

Sparks7051 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I had the implanon in for the whole 3 years I gained around 50 lbs I had no energy to do anything. I had terrible mood swings I would cry and feel down so much of the time. I didn't get a period the whole time I was on it I had light spotting maybe twice a year for a few days randomly. I got really bad headaches as well. And I ended up with ovarian cysts as well. I did not have a good experience at all."

Gal278 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I got this birth control for ease of use and for the fact of its high rate of effectiveness. This birth control definitely meets those criteria but also brings more bad than good. I'm a very healthy eater, exercise 3-4 times per week and track all of my calories on a fitness app. I've been on a reduced calorie diet the entire duration I've had implannon and have managed to gain weight (8 pounds). I want to eat more than 1,200 calories per day. I've complained to my doctor and she says that it's normal. The final straw has been that I've developed terrible cystic hormonal acne on my jawline that won't go away. I'm getting it out next week and can't wait!"

Implanon hater (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I recieved the implanon birth control in October of 2014. I am absolutely terrible at remembering a daily pill, so I'm that aspect, this birth control is great. I haven't gotten pregnant and I have unprotected sex (sorry if tmi, but this thing really does work) so for the first few months this was amazing. Then I started noticing myself become upset incredibly easy, like sobbing over small things. I also noticed I would become angry for no reason, and my boyfriend noticed this also . I bleed randomly (not heavy) and cramped worse than before I had the birth control put in. I've gained a fair amount of weight (15 pounds) and it seems to keep coming. Overall, it's worth trying, but I will not be keeping mine."

Rayray1013 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I can honestly say I hated this birth control I haven't stopped bleeding since I got it a year ago. I can't hold anything with my left arm otherwise my arm just falls. It's made me gain 40kgs and I can't seem to lose it no matter what I try. My sex drive is gone I'm always sick and get the worse mood swings. Not something I'll be getting again anytime soon."

millmill December 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I have this bc in since 2012 after my second child was born. The symptoms were not that bad, no monthly periods and some weight gain. But when I got it replaced back in October I have had cramping to were it wakes me up at night because the pain is so great, I am tired all the time, and I have gone from 140 to 196 in a year... I love it and hate it at the same time."

Poockie December 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I actually have the implant on at the moment, but I am more than ready to remove it. I've had it for 4 months a friend recommended it to me it sounded great. Worst choice. I've had horrible mood swings. I'm just not my normal self. I get sad for no reason I feel sad and so unhappy. Well my sex drive is gone! so yes it prevents pregnancy. It's caused me so much emotional damage not only to me but in my relationship. Made an appointment to remove it. I can honestly say I hate it. I don't know what I will try next but I'm ready to be done with this method."

ANRR (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control is so good when it comes to not getting pregnant. The side effects on the other hand have been horrible for me. One month I've had a periods that was so heavy and painful it felt like labor and lasted for 8 days. And I've been getting headaches nonstop ever since I got it in. Not just regular headaches but migraine like ones. And I've had some days when I felt dizzy and nausea. So if you're willing to deal with the horrible side effects then yes I'd recommend it. But side effects for every woman is different."

Kiasha (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I have had implanon in for two years. It has been an amazing "birth control". I do not take very many precautions and I have never had a pregnancy scare. I did not gain weight while being on this, I actually lost weight. The only negative effect this has had on me is my menstrual cycle. I am constantly on my period (spotting). I go several months spotting with an occasional couple days off. I absolutely hate this effect the implanon has on me, but it may work out better for others. Most definitely most effective as far as birth control."

jewels38 December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this contraceptive March of 2013 and it does its job of not getting me pregnant...but OMG I don't know my body anymore I have all different types of aches and pains, hot flashes, extreme pregnancy symptoms, never know when my period is. Lol just a bad experience PERIOD...can't wait to get it out in a couple of months"

Nolachick_20 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "My experiance with the birth control rod. Its really great. I've had it in for a year now I get occasional aches in my arm and spotting every once and a while but not enough to wear a tampon. I will keep having this implant until I am ready to have kids. I love this birth control"

Claudia1999 December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this type of birth control. You don't have to worry about taking it each night. It does effect people in different ways but I have lost weight from stoping my other birth control to this one. I do get migraines and it works awesome! The only thing is that my arm is so itchy!!! I did just get it about a month ago. But love this birth control!!"

Meghandb5 December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I had Implanon for 5 months,then had it taken off. Good: -practically certain of not getting pregnant; -not having to remember it; -bigger breasts. Bad: Menstruated or had spotting for almost 3 of the 5 months, and menstruated in more quantity. Had 3 months of premenstrual syndrome (mood swings, irritability. Very bad for my mental health and relationship.) Worsened my rhinitis allergy, also very disruptive. My nose was inflammed like in rhinitis, despite maximum rhinitis medication. Not so easy to stop: as it requires minor intervention, I kept waiting that side effects would pass. I advise trying oral progesterones a few months first. Not advisable for low stature and weight (55kg), bad PMS, depressive history or rhinitis."

corinne_le_fay December 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Okay so I got the implant for two reasons: I was terrible at remembering to take birth control and my menstrual cycle every month used to be AWFUL (heavy bleeding, terrible cramps, committing, and heacaches). I absolutely love implanon. My monthly symptoms stopped and I only bled three times this past year for only a few days. I can't speak highly enough of this! It stopped by mood swings caused by hormones and this past year has been amazing. I was so worried about getting it because there are some bad reviews of this. I was worried about weight gain, mood swings, and breakouts because I used to have severe acne. I did not experience ANY of those symptoms."

Morgan111 December 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Okay for me the implant didn't work out so well, bleeding, big one was depression, loss of sex drive, and I just wasn't my self. I was on a few different drugs to stop side effects and each came with their own side effects so I had to get the implant out. However I do say this; it is one of the best forms of birth control, defiantly give it a try. If it works for you then things will be great. If it doesn't then that's okay, don't try to force it. Just try something else. Try not to let it get too far before you try something else so it isn't the worst experience of your life. Just remember don't force it. If it doesn't work that's okay there are many other forms of birth control and you can find the one that is right for you"

Awy December 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I got the implanon in 2013 I believe and my experience has been pretty confusing. I mean it works, you won't get pregnant but I've had my arm go numb and burn from having it. I don't have a period anymore which I'm not complaining but I still get the cramps and they are worse than they used to be. I've gained a lot of weight and considering I have bipolar disorder my moods did change but they have gotten worse since I've been on the implanon but other than all the complaints I have it works the way it is supposed to"

autiebear December 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I received the implant July 2015 and had it removed December 2015, it was my first & last birth control. Although I love not having periods, the weight I gained and my lack of sex drive is what made me remove it. Receiving it and having it removed was easy and fast, no pain in the arm just light bruising. I am excited and I hope my body gets back to normal (I really just want to lose the 25 lbs I gained). I'm fine with using condoms until I get married. I've think that any form of birth control can hurt you more than help you. "

DMo2 December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I love how easy it is but in 9 months I have gained 20 pounds and am getting really sad. I don't have any bleeding at all but I worry about the side effects on my weight and attitude."

agonicole (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I have had the implanon for almost 8 months. I have experienced so much bleeding. I was on my period for six months. Off for a month, then on again. Recently it stopped for a few days and I have had some spotting just today. My sex drive is normal and it does what it's meant to do not get me pregnant. I like how I don't have to remember to take it as often as other birth control and it lasts for a while."

Camii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2015

For Birth Control "Avoid this if you can. I had my son In April and lost all of my baby weight and then some within the first month postpartum. At my 6 week ppd appt I decided to get the implant due to ease and effectiveness. Insertion easy and I was really looking forward to getting intimate again with my husband. Unfortunately though, two weeks later and my sex drive was gone, I was having anger outbursts daily and I fell in a deep depression. I began getting acne and gained 20 lbs rapidly. I realized that it had to be my bc so I had it removed. two weeks later and I can safely say that my sanity, relationship and body are all finally healing. Sex drive is rockin, I can smile, my energy is back and I've lost 6lbs!!"

plan9fromspace December 10, 2015

For Birth Control "It was okay during the first six months. Then I gained a lot of weight, had really bad depression with suicidal thoughts, my body always hurt. It does it's job, but there's a lot of unnecessary side effects."

CheziJones December 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on it for 1-2 months. My period reduced to 2 days with spotting for 5 days. I went from being a nice, timid person to getting angry for no reason towards my partner & friends. I almost quit my job every time I showed up to work. I was tired ALL the time. Backed out of important social engagements. It made my anxiety uncontrollable which made me depressed. I don't recommend this to anyone who has had previous anxiety/depression. It gave me crippling back pain, which I could barely roll out of bed. I got exceptionally hungry to. I've been off it for 6 months now. My sex life & drive is still almost non-existent. Sex is painful, I bleed after sex. Drs don't tell you about any of this & have no clue how to fix it"

grape689 December 6, 2015

For Birth Control "Worst experience ever with this birth control. Bad symptoms: weight gain, depression, anxiety, stretch marks, easy bruising"

Kaitlynnxoo December 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I got the implanon in 2012, a few months after giving birth to my son. When inserted my entire upper arm bruised and I could barely move it. It took 2 months for the bruising to go away. I gained 40 lbs, and barely ate anything. I never wanted sex, my hair was falling out, my back and my head hurt, when I would stand I would become dizzy, pretty much you name it, I had it! I finally decided in January of 2013 that enough was enough and made an appointment to have it removed. While at the doctor I received an annual check up and guess what? I was pregnant! Completely pointless "birth control" and the worst 11 months of my life!"

Danielle55432 December 6, 2015