User Reviews for Implanon (Page 2)

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1365 reviews 275 medications

6.3
Summary of Implanon reviews 1365 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "I've had the implanon for nearly a year now and I love it so much. If I could be appointed the official ambassador of this thing, I would! The insertion was quick, simple and painless. I had a small bruise which was easily covered and went away quickly. I have a tiny scar the size of a pen tip now. During the first 3-4 months, my period was a bit erratic. It would last about 6-7 days and it would sometimes come once a month, sometimes more or less. It was much lighter than my natural periods. I took naproxen which would stop the bleeding most of the time. However after about six months my period has basically stopped. Occasionally I have an hour or so of spotting, and rarely I might have a few days in a row. One liner a day is always enough for the bleeding now. I have no period pain for the first time in my life. I haven't experienced any weight gain, and my acne is no worse than when I was on the pill. You can't beat the ease of this thing. In Australia, it cost about $50 (including insertion by a doctor) for three years protection. I often go weeks without thinking about contraception. I don't even have to worry about pregnancy, knowing this is the most effective contraception available. I nearly didn't get my implanon because of what I read online. But I'm so glad I did. Remember that for each negative review, there are probably many many people who are happy with the implanon but they just forgot to write a review because they are so busy out enjoying life!"

BusyCake April 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I got it on 5/20/14-present . The effectiveness is great. The 1st month was a 3 week light period and after that no period for 6 months but did get a light spotting period that lasted about 3 days the max. My side effects was I would get emotional and very sensative but I am not sure if its the implanon because either way I am a sensative person. I immediately gained 30 Lbs. in less than 4 months. That's a lot! Now I weight like 180 Lbs. Thats a lot for a 5'2 women thats 23 yrs. Old. I went to the GYM and did dieting during that time. But after going for 3 months , 6 times/week and 1 hr . I saw no results it was 176 and 180 like a yo-yo. I was upset. Stoped going. Had low or no sex drive. Developed Hypothyroidism."

Implanon Birth Control April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I had Implanon inserted in June 2015 and currently still have the implant. I have experienced so many body changes that it urged me to look up the side effects. I found all of these posts and can't believe it!!! It all makes sense now! I have gained almost 10 lbs, have less of a sex drive, feel like a crazy person, my hair stopped growing, and worst of all I have my period randomly with spotting alllll..... the time! It's hard to have sex or want to have sex when you're bloated and spotting 3 weeks out of the month! I am over this! I'm getting this out ASAP!!! Thank you ladies!:)"

Meggsies031 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I received the implanon June 2, 2015 and two weeks later I started bleeding consistently, every day. The bleeding didn't stop until mid March 2016, after being prescribed birth control pills, in addition to the implanon. It sucked. Felt like I was permanently wearing a maxi pad for life. I'm still in the works of trying to get to get it removed. The implanon sucks."

bad choice April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "Literally crazy for 3 years with andormal periods on top of it, worst birth control ever. Only thing it is good for not getting pregnant. You can go right ahead put this in your arm, you will regret it."

nobabies.justcrazy (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2016

For Birth Control "So, after having the implant for 8 years. Yes that's right, I've been crazy enough to have this 3 times. was fine at first. Then I started getting depressed, gained 7 stone throughout the years I have had it (on and off by dieting), depressed, unmotivated, tearful, low sex drive, acne, I've got severe acne scarring on my back, face and chest and even feeling suicidal at times and constant, heavy painful periods. The only reason I have had it as long as I have is because I heard horror stories about other forms, and I am forgetful so pill is not suitable. I've decided to pluck up the courage to get the IUD and finally say goodbye. THANK GOD! Can finally get my life back hopefully!"

Bubbs666 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the implanon inserted in June 2013 the procedure was painless, except a huge bruise where the insertion was performed. From that day up to six (6) months I did not get my period at all. However, my mood swings where definitely present! I just felt emotional and sensitive, and I would cry for no reason. And trust me hubby noticed! After six months of not having my period I finally got it for two (2) months straight. From then on it was spotting, and then regular 4 day periods (that was normal for me either 3-4 day periods) then week long periods, then a month late or 2 months late. I have my appt. next week for removal/ and new insertion of the nexplanon. Honestly, everyone is different I am glad I did get it because it worked for me!"

Paulatina (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had the implanon for a year and 1 month, it is very effective because I haven't gotten pregnant and im sexually active, but the side effects suck!!!!!! I spot all the time my period is normal and lasts for 4-6 days but it is followed by spotting a lot of spotting and I dont get a break and when i do its like 2-4 weeks and I start spotting for a full 2 months! I hate the side effects, but its comfortable in the arm."

ruizmagda760 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I have used implanon for 6 years. I will be getting my second one removed next month, and another one will be put in. I love this. I don't get a period, I lose about 7 to 10 lbs. in the first couple of months after insertion, and it doesn't hurt at all. The only con for me is towards the end of the 3 years, I get very emotional and depressed. For about 3 months, everything pisses me off, and /or makes me cry. Prior to implanon, I have tries birth control pills, the patch, the ring, and the IUD. I was allergic to the patch, cried constantly on the pills and the ring, and experienced my first panic attack while getting the IUD put it. (IUD was awful)."

Meem07 April 11, 2016

For Birth Control "Hello! Im 25 years old and have been on birth control since high school. This is my first time using Implanon. I had implanon put into my arm in October 2015. My arm hurt for a few weeks and every time I extended my arm, it felt like I was pulling on the scar tissue around the implanon making it feel very uncomfortable. A few weeks later, my period came and it never stopped. I was bleeding every day for almost 6 months. It finally stopped 2 days ago! Honestly, I was worried at first but then I read reviews and some women had the same problem. My periods were really light. I wore a panty liner everyday and that was enough."

Period for 6 months April 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I got my arm implant in June 2015 and it was awesome bc it did its job well. I had heavy bleeding for 2 weeks after, terrible headaches and mood swings and i noticed some weight was packing in. Around October 2015 I stopped having my period altogether, it was wonderful but I had gained 15 pounds. The amount of weight gain (25 pounds in total) made me choose to get it removed asap."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I have had this in for a year now, so given this a fair chance. It was all good for the first few months but then started noticing my Breast always gets sore a week before my period. so sore that it hurts taking and putting a bra on, also increased weight gain I have went to a size 12 to a 16 in trousers and uncomfatable bloating regularly, noticing incresed cravings for sweet things they can be so bad!! Feeling tired a lot! I will be getting this removed soon as I can't bare it any longer"

gem h (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst birth control I have been on. I got it 1 and 1/2 yrs ago. First 7 months was fine, then I started bleeding randomly. I bleed on average 25 days out of a month (most days straight was 22) Those 6 days I don't are mixed in the middle mostly two days at a time, some even include spotting which I don't refer to as bleeding anymore. I live with a tampon in! Had my hormones and thyroid checked for to see if that was the culprit and had a transvaginal ultrasound which showed I had a cyst on my left ovary. It definitely will keep you from getting pregnant due to the constant bleeding. I'm getting mine out at 10:20 tomorrow and I can't wait ( have thought about cutting it out myself ) I don't want to wait 12 hours!"

Hanakateabby (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2016

For Birth Control "When I first had the implanon inserted it was not painful at all and very quick. The months following insertion, I received my period for about 6 months straight! It was horrible and had an effect on my relationship at the time. Finally, my period subsided and I didn't have any bleeding or signs of a period for about 6 months. During this time it was amazing! Then, my period started again... It started in December and it is now April. It wasn't a light period either. It was extreme to where I couldn't go an hour without changing a tampon and I couldn't sleep an entire night without having problems. Tomorrow I am having it removed and having the mirena iud inserted. I am hoping for a better experience!"

Chanchan1025 April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I got this about 6 or 7 months ago & they did not tell me about any mental side effects . I was aware of the bleeding situation but I never stop, it'll go from light to heavy out of nowhere. I am always having mood swings , and angry over the littlest things in the world with my , now ex. I feel like I'm going crazy with this thing and I realized it's from it because of all the other reviews . I have become highly depressed as well , more suicidal thoughts have been coming through my mind. I finally decided this is what is causing my wreck of a behavior and I am getting it taken out. I do not wish for anyone to go what I am going through because of this stupid implant. I'm horrified I ruined my shape and my loving self."

Mina S. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "OMG worth thing I have ever done in my life was use this birth control !!! I had it since March of 2015 and I've been bleeding ever since EVERY DAY!!!! Doc said it will take up to 6 to 7 months for my body to adjust but JESUS... The mood swings I've got are insane ... I cry for everything , feel sad , depressed ..... I'm always hungry .... I've gained like 30 pounds with this .... My relationship with my boyfriend is going down since I get angry for everything and suddenly sad ... I'm getting it removed finally this Friday .... Don't get this !!! It will make your body think your are pregnant and you will have those symptoms every moths ... rate this a 1 cause I couldn't give a ZeRO"

Kazper April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Hi, I got the implanon in, in December 2014 I'm now 16 years old. I gained 25 to 30kgs in that period. I never changed my eating habbits, I went from a size 6 to a size 16. It really makes me depressed. I've tried to change the way I eat and I now have joined the gym! But I can't seem to see any changes? I have really bad stretch marks and a new one appears every day ! It is honsetly the best with the prevention of pregnancy but beside the fact of weight gain I would recommended it"

Kityy April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "AMAZING!! I have had this since April 2015 and it's great before the implanon I was irregular, heavy periods with awful cramps that wouldn't let me walk right sometimes. The rod in my arm didn't regulate my periods but I have it every two or three months for two or three weeks and the cramps are nowhere near that bad as before. I do experience some weird mood swings but it's a great way of birth control."

Booooo!!! (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2016

For Birth Control "This is a very good invention! I had my first implant back in 2012. As expected, I had heavy periods which lasted for 3 weeks to a month, and sometimes, my period overlaps monthly. But what happened to me was explained to me by the doctor before I decided to have the implant. That was no biggie actually because I've been having heavy and longer periods even before I had the magic rod. Yes, that's how I call it :) now, I have my 2nd rod inserted last year. I only have my period every 2 months, though still heavy and really lasts long, I am still ok. I just got anemic, but thanks to my iron supplement, I am so ok. Feel free to try. There is no harm in trying, especially if you know what you have to deal with ;)"

Gracey15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the biggest mistake I ever made, I have had the implant since Feb 2015 and I was bleeding for 6 months straight with no breaks, it was horrible! The doctors could not give the pill alongside as they said it was too dangerous! Now I am fighting for a doctors appointment in which I have to wait 3 weeks for it to be removed! Would not recommend anyone to get it done!"

EmQ March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I had this removed yesterday morning and within 24 hours my sex drive kicked back in again. Funny that. This thing works effectively as birth control because you probably won't want your partner to touch you. Yep, here are 10 things I won't miss by having a stick owned by one of the world's largest pharmaceutical corporations in my arm: 1. Headaches. 2. Bleeding. Every. Day. 3. No normal period. See point 2. 4. No sex drive. 5. Weight gain. 6. Mood swings that made me feel insane. 7. Sensitivity to the stupidest things. 8. Lower bone density and higher risk of osteoporosis. See 2007 study. 9. Unchartered, unknown long-term effects. 10. Having a stick that might break through my skin when grabbed accidentally. Satisfaction: never again."

Pila (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had this implanon rod in my arm for about 5yrs. The first 3 years were wonderful, I had no periods, I did have low sex drive and some mood swings but nothing like now. For the past year and a half I've had the most horrible experience with this birth control. Back in may of 2015 I had my period for 3 weeks so heavy that I needed blood transfusions. My blood counts never went back up, so now I have to get blood infusions. I've had to have a mammogram because they thought I might of had breast cancer, thank god that was negative. I have the worst mood swings, I cry for no reason, my hair is thinning, massive weight gain. This is the worst thing I could of done to my body."

phallon (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I had this placed in my arm after an abortion, I was still bleeding from the abortion and knew this would make me bleed, but it hasn't stopped! I've been bleeding constantly for 4 months with a lowered sex drive (dramatically!) and also some serious mood swings."

Anonymous March 28, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control has been placed in my arm for about 2 months and I have on and off bleeding. I also gained lower back pain. And worst of all I am depressed now and always always hungry. I feel pregnant. And I'm not. Its a horrible birth control. I gained 20 lbs. In just about a month and a half"

Dreagmail March 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the implanon inserted in June 2014, it was amazing for about 16 months.. no period and no side effects! Then out of nowhere I started getting spotting and mood swings. It's now been 6 months and I'm getting a period every 2 weeks and severe mood swings, I feel like I'm losing my mind. I decided to wait and see if it improved but as it's now been 6 months, I'm getting it removed this week."

Anonymous March 21, 2016