User Reviews for Implanon (Page 2)

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1351 reviews 275 medications

6.4
Summary of Implanon reviews 1351 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "I got this about 6 or 7 months ago & they did not tell me about any mental side effects . I was aware of the bleeding situation but I never stop, it'll go from light to heavy out of nowhere. I am always having mood swings , and angry over the littlest things in the world with my , now ex. I feel like I'm going crazy with this thing and I realized it's from it because of all the other reviews . I have become highly depressed as well , more suicidal thoughts have been coming through my mind. I finally decided this is what is causing my wreck of a behavior and I am getting it taken out. I do not wish for anyone to go what I am going through because of this stupid implant. I'm horrified I ruined my shape and my loving self."

Mina S. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "OMG worth thing I have ever done in my life was use this birth control !!! I had it since March of 2015 and I've been bleeding ever since EVERY DAY!!!! Doc said it will take up to 6 to 7 months for my body to adjust but JESUS... The mood swings I've got are insane ... I cry for everything , feel sad , depressed ..... I'm always hungry .... I've gained like 30 pounds with this .... My relationship with my boyfriend is going down since I get angry for everything and suddenly sad ... I'm getting it removed finally this Friday .... Don't get this !!! It will make your body think your are pregnant and you will have those symptoms every moths ... rate this a 1 cause I couldn't give a ZeRO"

Kazper April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Hi, I got the implanon in, in December 2014 I'm now 16 years old. I gained 25 to 30kgs in that period. I never changed my eating habbits, I went from a size 6 to a size 16. It really makes me depressed. I've tried to change the way I eat and I now have joined the gym! But I can't seem to see any changes? I have really bad stretch marks and a new one appears every day ! It is honsetly the best with the prevention of pregnancy but beside the fact of weight gain I would recommended it"

Kityy April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "AMAZING!! I have had this since April 2015 and it's great before the implanon I was irregular, heavy periods with awful cramps that wouldn't let me walk right sometimes. The rod in my arm didn't regulate my periods but I have it every two or three months for two or three weeks and the cramps are nowhere near that bad as before. I do experience some weird mood swings but it's a great way of birth control."

Booooo!!! (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2016

For Birth Control "This is a very good invention! I had my first implant back in 2012. As expected, I had heavy periods which lasted for 3 weeks to a month, and sometimes, my period overlaps monthly. But what happened to me was explained to me by the doctor before I decided to have the implant. That was no biggie actually because I've been having heavy and longer periods even before I had the magic rod. Yes, that's how I call it :) now, I have my 2nd rod inserted last year. I only have my period every 2 months, though still heavy and really lasts long, I am still ok. I just got anemic, but thanks to my iron supplement, I am so ok. Feel free to try. There is no harm in trying, especially if you know what you have to deal with ;)"

Gracey15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the biggest mistake I ever made, I have had the implant since Feb 2015 and I was bleeding for 6 months straight with no breaks, it was horrible! The doctors could not give the pill alongside as they said it was too dangerous! Now I am fighting for a doctors appointment in which I have to wait 3 weeks for it to be removed! Would not recommend anyone to get it done!"

EmQ March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I had this removed yesterday morning and within 24 hours my sex drive kicked back in again. Funny that. This thing works effectively as birth control because you probably won't want your partner to touch you. Yep, here are 10 things I won't miss by having a stick owned by one of the world's largest pharmaceutical corporations in my arm: 1. Headaches. 2. Bleeding. Every. Day. 3. No normal period. See point 2. 4. No sex drive. 5. Weight gain. 6. Mood swings that made me feel insane. 7. Sensitivity to the stupidest things. 8. Lower bone density and higher risk of osteoporosis. See 2007 study. 9. Unchartered, unknown long-term effects. 10. Having a stick that might break through my skin when grabbed accidentally. Satisfaction: never again."

Pila (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had this implanon rod in my arm for about 5yrs. The first 3 years were wonderful, I had no periods, I did have low sex drive and some mood swings but nothing like now. For the past year and a half I've had the most horrible experience with this birth control. Back in may of 2015 I had my period for 3 weeks so heavy that I needed blood transfusions. My blood counts never went back up, so now I have to get blood infusions. I've had to have a mammogram because they thought I might of had breast cancer, thank god that was negative. I have the worst mood swings, I cry for no reason, my hair is thinning, massive weight gain. This is the worst thing I could of done to my body."

phallon (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I had this placed in my arm after an abortion, I was still bleeding from the abortion and knew this would make me bleed, but it hasn't stopped! I've been bleeding constantly for 4 months with a lowered sex drive (dramatically!) and also some serious mood swings."

Anonymous March 28, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control has been placed in my arm for about 2 months and I have on and off bleeding. I also gained lower back pain. And worst of all I am depressed now and always always hungry. I feel pregnant. And I'm not. Its a horrible birth control. I gained 20 lbs. In just about a month and a half"

Dreagmail March 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the implanon inserted in June 2014, it was amazing for about 16 months.. no period and no side effects! Then out of nowhere I started getting spotting and mood swings. It's now been 6 months and I'm getting a period every 2 weeks and severe mood swings, I feel like I'm losing my mind. I decided to wait and see if it improved but as it's now been 6 months, I'm getting it removed this week."

Anonymous March 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I gave this a low rating as it has been the worst experience for me. I have my period 2-3 weeks out of every month and some months I have it the entire month. I get cramping for a week out of it. It is very effective as the "birth" control part of it. I've had it for almost 3 years and am due to get it removed soon. I waited this long because I didn't want to have to pay to remove it and figure something else out. No birth control has been great for me. So disappointing."

Taytakk (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm having this thing removed in two weeks. I had it inserted a week or two after having my second baby and have only had two months where I have not been bleeding or spotting, and that was because they put me on birth control pills to "regulate" things. It's also given me terrible mood swings and headaches. This is by far the worst birth control I have ever been on."

MelysaO March 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Im 21, and average build. Ive had the Implanon for almost 4 years. LOVE IT! First year was very rocky not due to the implanon but due to everything around me. So it was probably a little worse for ware. I had my period for 2 weeks everymonth during that year. The next year i had my period every 2 months for 2 weeks. After the third year i didn't have my period at all. Now i have it regularly every month just like normal. I dont have weight gain though losing weight is a little difficult I do recommend it to people who are forgetful with the pill. But people need to understand everyones body is different. So do not freak out after 4 months. it can take up to a year to settle"

NukaPooka (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I have had the implanon implant for the past 7 years. My experience has been very positive, I have had complete loss of period since getting the implant and no noticeable side effects apart from a lower sex drive which I have only discovered since getting it removed. 2 months ago I had my third implant removed after talking with my boyfriend and deciding that I no longer required birth control and would like to experience my natural body cycles again. I have had a few side effects since getting it removed but nothing too bad (some break outs, exhaustion, lack of motivation), only my period still hasn't returned yet. My doctor said it may take a few months, so hopefully it returns soon."

Emily F (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Please find more information about this birth control before agreeing to get it like I did. It is not a one size fits all kind of thing. A friend of mine had it and she had no side effects and a bonus of no period. It sounded perfect but for me the side effects are not worth it. My period lasts three months at a time with cramps, head aches, and is harder to lose weight. Also if someone does get pregnant with it the baby will be developing in the wrong place and die. Since everyone's body reacts differently there is no telling how it will be for you until you get it.. so do not get it. That's my opinion. The pill worked better for me."

Maleah91 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Got a painful period 3 days after lasted for a week, almost all blood clots.. The day before I got it put in my arm I was 178 pounds now 13 months later I'm 232 pounds with no change in food intake or what I eat or how much I excersise. No periods anymore though just PAINFUL cramps. Every single morning and night I will cry because of the pain I've had ultra sounds and NOTHING!! I'm now so so moody and lash out on everyone. I am hoping to get this out so fast. Only good part is not having to remember if if I took the pill or not because it's in my arm"

KodaD March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "so after my daughter was born I decided to try this bc while on maternity leave I've gained maybe 15 lbs and lately major mood swings getting it out ASAP"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the implanon in 2014 and for a long time I loved it. It's a highly effective method of birth control, and for almost a year I had no period. But then my period started back up again, happening at weird times and happening for WEEKS at a time. Sometimes I'd get off my period and then and up bleeding the next week. It was terrible. But what was worse was the weight gain. I probably gained 20 pounds. I actually do exercise frequently. I walk almost every night for about 3 miles and then a few times a week I'll go to the gym. But I wasn't losing any weight! And it gave me acne like all the time. 10/10 would not recommend."

Kittykilgore6 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2016

For Birth Control "i hate this birth control. I have had it for 2 years and its been 2 crazy years dealing with the side effects. im going to remove it I made my appointment and its coming out. I wouldn't recommend it even though it does help with not getting pregnant but dealing with the side effects is the worse part. I would bleed for like 2 weeks straight and I wont for a week and the bleeding will start again. I have had breast pain, acne, etc. things that I never experienced with other birth controls. Not satisfied at all with this birth control."

lizp90 March 8, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst bc EVER! I have been on it now for around 4 months and have experienced nothing but problems. First being my period is never ending, I am literally on my period every other week, I have really bad mood swings, breast pains I literally feel like I'm losing my mind. So I have arranged for it to be taken out this week, even that was a struggle, they don't tell you this neither, would 110% never get it again."

Nic nic March 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Had implant fitted 13th December 2014. Had one period in December and then nothing for two months. February I started bleeding again and have been constantly bleeding since (it is now March 2016). It occasionally stops for 3-4 days and when I say occasionally I mean maybe one every 5 months or so... Tried Cerazette at the same time and it didn't stop. Took norethisterone for a week when I went away, three days after stopping I started bleeding again and I have never felt anything like it. I was off work for two days, couldn't stand up with the pain and was bleeding through tampons in less than 2 hours. Along with the constant bleeding, I have terrible mood swings and extremely low libido."

MegF96 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I have had the implant for 3 years and am due to get it taken out next week. Whilst the implant has been effective at stopping pregnancy, I have had a lot of unpleasant side effects. One being weight gain, I have gained around 2.5 stone and always seem to bloated. Period wise, for the first year and a half I had no periods whatsoever until they came back and I got very light but painful periods every few months that lasted 2 days each time. Other things I have noticed are I get pain in my breasts occasionally, poor sex drive, bad mood swings and worsened eczema. I don't plan on getting the implant again due to the side effects, however it seems to be effective at stopping pregnancy and stopping periods or making them light."

cbrowni (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I had my implant put in July 2014. I've had no stop issues ever since! I've had a 3 month long period, heavy and painful periods, extreme weight gain etc. I was a size 6/8 I'm now a 10/12 (I'm not eating any different). Due to the weight gain and issues with periods I wanted it taking out ASAP! I went to have it taken out and they couldn't find it..the doctors, clinic etc nobody could find it! I have now been referred to a specialist to use a scanner to find it- I'm sticking to the pill when I finally get it taken out"

AhmAp March 1, 2016

For Birth Control "After insertion, the site where it was inserted had a dull pain that still lingers today. A couple months in I threw my tablet at my mother in a blind rage. When nothing was wrong in my life I felt a constant irritation with the people around me. I would have times where I would be nauseous for a week and a half at a time accompanied by smell sensitivity. I have lost weight but have been bloated, with constant headaches. :("

Ms.Rabbid (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 27, 2016