Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Implanon

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 999 reviews 235 medications

6.8
Summary of Implanon reviews 999 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Implanon

Review by katherine421 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I love the Implanon, 100% effective. I get no periods. The only downhill is that in the 2 years I've being using it I gained at least 45 pounds which sucks because I tried everything to lose the weight but nothing seems to work for me. I have my appointment for removal on the 31st of December.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2014 12:31 AM

Review by Vicky8976:

For Birth Control: I've had it in for 8 months now and only get my light spotting when stressed. I love the convince of no pill and one hormone. I have gain 5 pounds (I'm less active) and have a lower sex drive but its not that bad. I just find myself to tired to do anything.

December 21, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by MaKaylaBeth1994:

For Birth Control: I've been on birth control for about three years. I had the Depo shot for 9 months then I switched to the Implanon and have had it for 2 years. I didn't have a period when I was on Depo or when the Implanon was inserted. The weirdest thing happened I started my period last week and it will stop for a couple days and start up again just wondering if it's normal for it to happen. Since I've been on it for so long I didn't think I would get my period until I had it taken out.

December 12, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by Newly_wed:

For Birth Control: I had been on the pill for 7 years and had a good experience with them, but every time I'd forget to take a pill, I'd bleed. My husband and I decided to wait on kids so I got the Implanon inserted. I love the convenience of not having to worry about taking a pill or having to worry about being pregnant if i forget the pill. The only major downfall is the lack of sex drive. I've been on the Implanon for almost 2 months and it's affecting my sex life. My husband and I went from doing it 3 times a week to 1. I'm seriously considering taking it out early.

December 5, 2014 9:11 PM

Review by Amanda Shane (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Implanon since April 2013...for the entire first year I had absolutely no period which was great! About 2 months ago I got a very heavy period. I've been having light bleeding ever since and it's driving me nuts, but overall this is the best method of birth control for me. And I've tried everything! Side effects are different for everyone and it can always be taken out if it doesn't work for you. I'd say if you're forgetful or just prefer a form of birth control that requires no effort don't hesitate to give this a try I love it!

December 3, 2014 12:23 AM

Review by happy_camper (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I had my period for 3 months straight after getting the Implanon. But now after 8 months I have NOT gained weight or gotten a period. And I have not gotten pregnant. It has made me more sleepy though which is ok.

December 2, 2014 2:46 AM

Review by pkx (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have just taken out my Implanon for about a month ago and I had used it for 3 years and a few months. I really liked the Implanon. It worked, I didn't get pregnant. My periods was usually light and last a few day. I didn't have any complication. The only thing that I didn't like was that I gained 30lbs. I felt like I was always hungry and so I was always eating. I tried working out but I didn't lose much weight during the first 2 year. But during the last year it started getting easier for me to lose weight so I'm guessing it's because the Implanon started to fade. And I also have a sister who used it. She didn't have any problem or anything but she just gained weight. But besides that it was good.

November 28, 2014 12:36 PM

Review by AlysaBelle:

For Birth Control: This was the best option for me. I'm terrible at remembering to take pills. I've had the Implanon for 30 months and for the first 6 months my periods were regular for me. Then for the next 23 months I had no period. Then this last month, I've had four periods. First two were a few days on a few days off. The the third one was 8 days and I'm currently on day 3 of the 4th one. No pregnancies Some mood swings Minimal sex drive No weight gain I also didn't take any other medications while I've been on it, except for the occasional Tylenol for minor headaches.

November 25, 2014 10:19 PM

Review by bodyhairskinnailsblog (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have had this in for about 2.5 years. It works in that I have not gotten pregnant. I have a very light period for 1-2 weeks every month or so. Sometimes 6 weeks in between 'periods,' sometimes only 2 weeks. It's very unpredictable, can ruin a lot of 'underclothes'. Also, I cannot get back to my pre-birth control weight. I used to weigh an athletic 145 with a diet of whatever I felt like eating and exercise 4 days a week. Maybe its age, but now 2.5 years later, I can exercise 6 days a week for twice as long, and watch what I eat and am stuck at 154.

November 24, 2014 12:07 PM

Review by ShellDee (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I was switched to this about 6 months ago by my Gyno because Ortho has estrogen and that wasn't good with my migraines and the side effects I have with those. My period was really horrible the first few months. It would last for weeks on end. I have not had a period in 2 months which is great! The downside is I am always tired, I have mood swings and acne.

November 14, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by thanh mai:

For Birth Control: For birth control it definitely works. I've had this in for a little over a year. I do get my period every month. But I feel like every other month I either get two periods or it lasts for 3 weeks at least. I am also NEVER in the mood for sex. I'm considering getting it out sooner than 3 recommended.

November 9, 2014 8:44 AM

Review by brittmeredith:

For Birth Control: I have had Implanon for about two months now. I know I havent had it long so things could change. So far I love the fact that its so easy, I dont have to remember to take the pill. It doesnt seem to change my eating habits yet. I did start my period and at first it was regular but now its been about two weeks where its I like it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 2:00 PM

Review by jess441:

For Birth Control: This is the best birth control option for me. I still get periods once every couple of months but they are light and manageable. Mainly it just makes me feel safe and secure!

November 2, 2014 11:36 PM

Review by Jas3636 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Implanon is amazing. I've been struggling for over five years with hormonal birth control pills. They caused me to gain weight, go in and out of depression, have horrible mood swings, acne, everything that could go wrong did. I was so sick of trying different pills (Yaz, Progestin, Microgestin Fe 1/20..) I wanted something non hormonal. I've had Implanon for nearly 4 months now and the only side effect is that I'll have random periods sometimes, but that might be my body trying to adjust. Otherwise, no mood swings, I've lost 16 pounds, no horrible periods, nothing.

October 29, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by 4babieslater (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I have the Implanon, an I'm seriously thinking about removing it. The birth control part WORKS but what I've been going through to prevent pregnancy is awful. My mood swings are often and more stressful than before, I'm never in the mood to have sex, I could go without it forever, is how I feel. I get the inflammation issue down there as well. My periods are spuratic and heavy or light but never consistent. I also haven't been able to loose my baby weight since I've been on this. The other times I was able to shed the weight no problem. I miss the Patch!

October 29, 2014 9:19 PM

Review by Chaparrita:

For Birth Control: When I first got this birth control I didn't get my period for a couple of months but then all of a sudden I started getting heavy periods and bad cramps. I recommend this for anyone else who forgets to take their pills and also I started gaining weight but I lose weight at times also it all depends on your body. I have 2 more years to go with this birth control & I get mood swings at times not all the time. Good luck ladies!

October 22, 2014 3:04 PM

Review by Kate548132:

For Birth Control: I have had the Implanon for two years now, personally it is more hassle then it is worth. My periods are heavy and long lasting sometimes for over a month. There is often a tiny break between one period ending and the next starting, which is knackering. Every few months it will disappear altogether which is a god send. When it returns my emotions/ mood swings are extreme.

October 22, 2014 4:27 AM

Review by kyleesmom:

For Birth Control: I have had the Implanon for 7 months with no period. The only side effect that I am having is acne not just on my face but on my neck and back as well, other then that out works great.

October 21, 2014 10:07 PM

Review by JesserF (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've had it in for about 2.5 years. My menstrual cycle had been like 6 months on 6 months off. In every other way it's great. When it's on I bleed super heavy.

October 20, 2014 2:10 AM

Review by Shaunda:

For Birth Control: I have had the Implanon for the last two years, I'm supposed to get it out August of 2015. I did NOT gain weight, actually it helped me lose it. Ever since I got it inserted in my arm I have not had a period, so no period for the last two years. Recently my friend was kind of pushy and grabbed my arm too tight and it knocked my Implanon out of place so now I am starting my second period in the last three weeks. This is an amazing birth control but be careful when it comes to people grabbing on your arm.

October 19, 2014 8:45 AM

For Birth Control: I really like it almost had it for 3 years. Didn't gain any weight. I lost my period the first 7 months then got it back, the period can be long or can be short, sometimes heavy but usually light. I do get emotional and have mood swings. I thinks it works great and plus you don't forget and works for 3 years.

October 11, 2014 11:15 PM

Review by mpv09:

For Birth Control: I absolutely love it! I've had it for 2 yrs only got my period once a few weeks after I got the Implanon and never got a period again. No mood swings, gained a little weight but I don't think it all has to do with the Implanon. No side effects at all. It all depends on how your body reacts to it, I was reading some reviews where they have been bleeding for ever....if that would have been me I would of removed it already.

October 6, 2014 4:00 PM

Review by Megan Reann (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I love this birth control. Its the only one that has really worked for me. I did gain some weight but nothing a gym can't fix. I got the implant inserted in March 2014, its now October 2014 I haven't had a period for 6 months. Nothing. No light bleeding, no spotting. Its wonderful! I say go for it.

October 3, 2014 7:51 PM

Review by Breleland:

For Birth Control: I love the Implanon. I have had it 3 yrs and it is very effective. The only problem I had was the long periods that ranged from 7-10 days.

September 10, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by Lo1234567:

For Birth Control: Love this birth control. Please don't read all the negativity- every medicine has POSSIBLE side effects and the people who deal with those are more common to blog about it than the ones who have no issues with it. I've had it for 2.5 years and I've never had any issues and side effects. Some of my friends have also gotten it and love it just as much as I do!

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 10:50 AM