User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel

Also known as: Cryselle, Elinest, Lo/Ovral, Lo/Ovral-28, Low-Ogestrel-21, Low-Ogestrel-28, Ogestrel, Ogestrel-28, Ovral, Ovral-21, Ovral-28

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel.

Endometriosis 5 reviews 161 medications

Emergency Contraception 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel reviews 109 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was given this pill because I was having my period for a full month and breaking out badly. I've always had these problems and other brands of birth control wouldn't work for me. I took this and my period went back to normal right away. My skin has gotten absolutely amazing. I used to try every single thing I could to cure my acne. When I got on this pill my skin completely cleared. When I do get a pimple, it'll only be one and it'll very small. I couldn't be happier with this birth control. Me and my partner have had slipups and I haven't gotten pregnant."

hlambskin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Well just started these pills this month, on my third week and I could already feel some minor side effects. I started cramping within the 2nd week, I'm a little bit more moody, and my sex drive definitely decreased mainly because I've been cramping a lot. I will give it a couple of months before I decide to switch. Hopefully it goes away."

Geeee August 30, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This was the generic brand my original bc was changed to. The 1st month or so I didn't notice any changes but recently, about 3 months in I've been getting headaches, horrible nausea and stomach cramps & my period has gone back to being longer than shorter like it was on the first pill. I've never been one to feel unmotivated, lethargic, depressed, or anxious, but as of recently I've been experiencing all those things which is no doubt making stress induced nausea worse and have just generally felt bad. I went to my doctor and had multiple blood tests taken and some other tests but all came back with no abnormalities, leading me to realize it was change in birth control. Ups? Worked and no breast tenderness. But thats it."

DevLaCh (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "The only benefit to the birth control, is that is prevents pregnancy. It has caused me major mood swings (anger, and sad), pain in my breasts, and acne breakouts. I have never had issues with acne even as a teen. Its not worth it."

Anonymous August 20, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Endometriosis: "After being diagnosed with Endometriosis in July, my doctor decided to have me take this birth control pill to help with the terrible, stabbing pains of the Endo. I must say, I noticed a huge difference in pain the next day after taking my first dose! I have not been in pain for a week now! Thank you Cryselle! Also, so far no major side effects but it's too early to say. I only had some nausea the first 2 days. Time will tell if any additional side effects should occur."

Lo-Letty August 20, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Cryselle is great! I've been taking it for about 3 months now and have been very happy with it. When I initially read the reviews on Cryselle back in May I was nervous to take it since not many women had a positive experience with it, but went ahead and tried it anyway. My skin has been extremely clear, and my period is pretty comfortable. Cramps are very bearable and the cycle itself only lasts a few days. I was a little nauseous the first day I took it in May but it went away after a day. All birth controls react differently to each body so don't be turned off by all the negative reviews on Cryselle! It's the best pill I've been on in years. Definitely worth a shot if you're on the fence, I couldn't be happier with it"

atl93 August 19, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "was not on BC for many years till my dr recommended birth control in order to help with my endometriosis. I've been on this for a month and a half and no progress in period or cramps, and I've never had worse acne than I do right now. I hardly wear any make up and rarely ever get pimples and what started as a dry scaly rash type thing on my chin and jawline has one week later turned into burning red acne all over my face. I've also noticed how severely depressed I have become. Although I have struggled with depression throughout the past 8 years, I have never ever felt this depressed or uninterested in anybody and everything. everything and everyone irritates me. Once I looked up others reviews I decided I will not take this again"

KelseyMarie August 18, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This birth control isn't bad, defiantly not the best but not the worst. Before Cryselle I had almost perfect skin with occasional breakouts here and there, but I break out on my chin often now. It's not bad and it goes away in a couples days or so, but before the pill that almost never happened. It made my period a little shorter by a day or so. I do have very bad mood swings, but I've always been kind of a moody person so it might just be me. But other than that this pill is good, I haven't gained any weight, I don't spot, I occasionally get mild headaches... But nothing a Advil couldn't fix."

Skypie August 18, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Everyone is giving this drug a bad rep... I've been on 2 pills, this one only makes me moody just before my period which is normal for someone not on birth control, no weight gained and my acne isn't awful. By not awful I mean I've had acne for 7 years and in the past year on this medication it hasn't been as bad as it has been in the past. No medication is perfect but this is a pretty good one, I think a lot of people blame this medication for their life problems when that just may be their life."

Itsagoodbirthcontrolpill August 16, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is the worst generic pill I have ever taken. My cycle was extremely heavy, I have gained five pounds in three days while on this pill which is very depressing. I have not been very happy on the pill during the month and a half I have been on it. I am switching back to an older pill I took."

Anonymous August 16, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "this birth control definitely regulated my period and made them lighter and has done its job helping with pregnancy obviously but since I've been on this I've broke out so bad around my chin and cheeks and I will be honest my skin has never been great but it hasn't been this bad in a long time and I feel like the scars last so much longer. I thought if I kept taking it my skin would clear up but it didn't. other than that I didn't gain weight I'm pretty sure my sex drive was the same, no spotting or any other possible side effects. one thing that might've been the cause but I'm not sure but I may have gotten more depressed but that also might just be the cause of the bad breakout since I very much care about my appearance"

no thanks (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Cryselle was the first birth control pill prescribed to me by my gynecologist. I was only on it for a little over two weeks when she advised me to make a switch to a different pill. I had some serious nausea, even throwing up on one occasion. It also seemed to make my migraines worse (I have chronic migraine to begin with) & I had some consistent spotting & mood swings. I did however notice a slight improvement in my acne & did not have any weight gain. I'm sure that everyone's body works differently but this is how my body reacted to Cryselle."

Jessxxi (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I began taking Cryselle a little over two years ago. I began taking it to fix irregular periods. At first, I didn't notice any side effects but here lately I have been on an emotional roller coaster. I am constantly going from happy to sad within minutes. I have also noticed that I have been feeling depressed constantly. People have asked me numerous times if something is wrong due to my mood swings. I don't recommend this pill at all! I have already switched pills.."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started taking Cryselle because the higher dose pills, like Tri-Sprintec, made me throw up. At first, Cryselle made all the nausea go away and I lost weight. After about a week I started having pretty severe mood swings and started getting the worst acne I've ever had. I got huge pimple all over my face...the long lasting, painful ones. It was not a great experience."

Cassara August 12, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Absolutely the worst birth control. My skin has become horrible and I've had to start other medications to help my skin this last month, The mood swings are horrible and I will be switching to Yaz."

Mikdeteerh August 9, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been taking Cryselle for just over two years, and have been fighting depression, weight gain, terrible heafaches, and anxiety attacks for the entire duration. I live a very stressful life, but I was always optimistic and could fight through it. Until I started taking this pill. After about 3 months, I tried to commit suicide, my depression has become debilitating, and I have anxiety attacks at the most random moments, without any triggers. I've been off the pill for about a week, and my mood is already improving. This pill changed who I am completely. I lost my friends and became distant, all because of the depression. I'm not sure how to be me again, or who me even is anymore. Be careful, and watch out for any side effects."

Arizona2 August 4, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I began this birth control 2 months ago . Ive always had a difficult time with birth control but this was my far the worst. I have been so depressed to the point of having suicidal thoughts. I haven't had any energy or motivation. My skin is more oily than its ever been but drier than its ever been in a few areas. My hair started thinning. My anxiety was off the wall and my skin itched without a rash. Everybody annoyed me for no reason. I have yet to find a birth control that works for me."

htotheb August 1, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was put on cryselle to help regulate my cycle and clear up what was left of my acne and I have to tell you this is the worst experience of my life. I went from my skin being almost clear to having cystic acne covering my entire face and chest, which was also very heart breaking for me because my cheeks were the only place where I would break out. I've also become very moody and more depressed. I really do encourage you to steer away from this pill. It has honestly been the worst decision I've made in a really long time. Save yourself the pain and money. I'm looking to switch ASAP!!"

nbb95 July 29, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had really bad cystic acne and went to a dermatologist and the medicine they gave me didn't help much so I went on Cryselle. My face has cleared up SO much ever since I've been on this pill but I have been very moody. I'll be happy then sad to where I want to cry and then the next minute I'll be extremely happy again. I have not gained any weight while on this pill and I'll skip my period every 2 months and they're very light with no cramps. Overall I plan to stay on this pill until I can't deal with the mood swings anymore."

AJ9611 July 28, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on cryselle for a year and a half. I Havent had any side effects till recently. I take 4 packs then have my period. I have extremely bad cramps but I always have. No birth control has ever made them better. I noticed just last week when I was off the pill and on my period I was happier. I do have mood swings that are sometimes crazy. I also don't have a sex drive. I will be trying a new form of birth control to see if my mood changes along with my sex drive, but I'm scared to try new things while by body adjusts. If nothing works I will get back on cryselle."

MoeMoe1989 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I used to take ogestrel 28 , which is a high dose . I have been onogestrel 28 for over 5 years . I am on the pill to help regulate my period . I got a new GYN dr and he wanted to change the pill to a lower dose , so I started on cryselle. I gained 30 Pounds. Diet , physical activity was the same as before , in fact I was more physically active but I still gained all that weight . My primary dr thought it was me that I was over eating or not active. That she doubt it was the pill . I went from a normal BMI to crossing the obese border, after starting cryselle. I told my dr I wanted to change back to ogestrel 28. Within the first few months back on orgestrel I started to lose the weight."

lena 135 July 17, 2015

Lo/Ovral (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "It was a great pill until the start of the 3rd month I broke out in hives and was extremely itchy."

Anonymous July 16, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have just finished my first month of taking Low-Ogestrel. I was put on it because of my horrible menstrual cramps and haven't really experienced any bad side affects other than migraines during the first week or so. I am currently on my period and didn't have any cramps i am also bleeding very lightly. So thumbs up for me!"

Stacia L. July 15, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This was my first time experience with any birth control, I'm 22 and have no children and take no other medication. Unfortunately, this birth control side affect on me was numbness on the left side of my body (left arm and leg were both numb). Also, my sex drive decreased tremendously."

DMDR (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Cryselle for 3 months now the first month I was an emotional wreck, crying over nothing and just super bothered by anyone and everyone! It's gotten better now, but the week of my sugar pills Im still on an emotional rollercoaster. My periods shortened from 7 days to about 3-4 which is nice. My face breaks out during my period and is blotchy but I can't completely blame it all on the pill since it happened before. This pill didn't make me gain any weight, I actually lost about 10 lbs during the first two months. Overall this pill has been alright. At the very least it's been effective but I am considering switching it up"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2015