User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel

Also known as: Cryselle, Elinest, Lo/Ovral, Lo/Ovral-28, Low-Ogestrel-21, Low-Ogestrel-28, Ogestrel, Ogestrel 0.5/50, Ogestrel-28, Ovral, Ovral-21, Ovral-28

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel.

Endometriosis 7 reviews 160 medications

7.9
Birth Control 104 reviews 271 medications

5.7
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 19 reviews 162 medications

5.7
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel reviews 130 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control near 6 months. In the begin I got it wasn't awful I did experience mood swings at first and break through bleeding. The longer I have been on it the more consistent it's almost as if I have my period 3 weeks on and one week off. It has made me severely irritable to put it nicely and because I have been bleeding so much my sex drive has also suffered. I would not recommend this birth control to anybody. In my opinion it's awful."

E724 January 27, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started taking this birth control almost 2 years ago. I was very nauseous for the first few weeks but it subsided and seemed to be going great! A few months ago, I missed one pill and took 2 within a few hours of each other and ended up throwing up (my own fault). Lately, I have been struggling with horrible anxiety (18 years old about to leave for college) and I have had awful nausea and low sex drive with my boyfriend. I am not sure if these are symptoms of my birth control or just anxiety. Around the time my period tracker says I'm ovulating, my discharge seems to be very thick and mucus like. I'm not sure this is normal. Otherwise, absolutely affordable and seems to be reliable!"

Kbae January 22, 2016

For : "I've been on low ogestrel since 2012 after getting a double oophorectomy done and I love it. A menstrual cycle once every 3 months is nice. Rarely have any random bleeding(only once since prescribed). The only issues I find with it is I'm very dry and sexual intercourse isn't fun anymore. I'very also noticed a decline in sexual desire. I NEVER feel in the "mood" and I'm 24, so this is making relationships difficult. Overall it's a great birth control, but if you can't get pregnant like me (due to no ovaries) I would ask your Dr for something more natural. Too many other cancer risks with this drug."

emilybrown (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2016

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was very fond of this birth control for many reasons. I was put on it a few months before I turned 17, and since I was about 12 my skin had been very bad. This medicine combined with my dermatological medicines kept my skin smooth and completely clear for months on end. My periods were never very painful and only started on Wednesday or Thursday with light bleeding and cramps. I was never moody and did not gain any weight at all, it might have actually regulated my weight. The only downside (and reason I'm switching) is that I had extreme vaginal dryness to the point where during intercourse we had to reapply lube at least three times. Sex became painful and unenjoyable for me so I am switching to a birth control with less estrogen in it."

olivestaff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for 3 months now & I have to say it has been awful!! I do not feel like myself, I'm really irritable, angry, depressed, & my sex drive is GONE. I've been working out daily & eating right & still gaining weight. I've also got awful period acne breakouts on Cryselle. The only positive things are that the pill does it's job and my periods are 4 days max (they're also light)."

bcbabe January 14, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Since this is a common side effect I am going to ask my provider about it. I am experiencing a lot of breast tenderness. It started pretty much after being on this one or two days. I am a week in and it's rather painful. They feel somewhat swollen."

Kdream (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill about 8 months now. It's my 3rd birth control. Tricyclics give me bad migraines and I was on minastrin before this. Minastrin always made me really sad for no reason, too nauseous to eat, very moody and depressed and had no period. Cryselle was such a big turnaround for me. I'm back to my normal happy self, periods only last 1-2 days rarely any cramping. Only thing I noticed was a little bit of weight gain but that could also be from switching as the last birth control made me too sick to eat half the time."

strays21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I began talking this pill 4 months ago to help with my PMD. The 2-3 weeks following my period I had extreme irritability/anxiety. My periods were also very heavy and accompanied by severe cramps and extreme fatigue and headaches. My doctor recommended this pill to level out hormones and help with cramps. This pill has been amazing. My periods are 3-4 days long and very light. I have NO cramps. My face has cleared up except for a couple breakouts on my chin the last day or so of my period, but they are gone in a couple days. I feel so much better on this pill. Incredibly lower levels of irritability/anxiety."

CHersch (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this pill since February and I'm not a huge fan. My mood swings have been terrible when I PMS and when I'm not PMSing, I feel blah. My sex drive has decreased and that is my main concern because not only am I more dry, but I started crying after sex because I felt horrible. My boyfriend isn't happy with it either. I'm switching to Loryna because it has a lower dosage of progestin that should make me happier but I'm still nervous."

Acca December 28, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've tried many birth controls, probably about eight, but this one stands out in my memory as the worst just because of the side effects. I will say I can appreciate a short period, four days I believe? I was on this pill for only a month a while back, but if I recall correctly that was the month I reached my highest weight ever, gaining ten pounds. I got rather irritable and was glad when I switched to Quartette and apologized for snapping at people :^)"

c16 December 25, 2015

Lo/Ovral (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "As soon as this drug started working, I stayed in one constant mood of irritable-anxiety. I was a horrible person to be around and cried every single day. I was having hormone problems and this drug made my life go from bad to worse. I would never pollute my body with garbage like this again. Be careful, girls!"

Mila O. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I would rather deal with 1-3 days per month of cramps than living every single day of my life with acne, female baldness (was getting there anyway), nausea/vomiting, migraine headaches, skin peeling, no sex drive/inability to orgasm, irritability/crying/depression/anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks, shaking, high blood pressure. Omg - stay away from this stuff if you can! "

Jenny M (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is such a terrible pill, I have never ever felt the way I did while I was on this pill. I took the pill for 4 months. The first month was okay I had no symptoms at all. However towards the end of the month every day I either had a headache, had anxiety was very angry or miserably depressed. I couldn't stand the person next to me, any person who made a noise or laughed too hard. I was very mean and so frustrated towards everything my boyfriend did and said and the next day I would feel bad and apologize. this pill made me feel like a crazy person and was driving me insane. One minute I was laughing the other I was crying. I do not recommened this pill to any girls out there this pill is terrible!!"

MelMel18 December 9, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Like another user below, I was also on Lo-Ogestral since I was 17 for cramps and to regulate my period. I was getting it twice a month and it was so painful. About 3 years ago my local CVS started carrying only the generic version of it which is Cryselle. I'm now 24 and have had great experiences with both. My period is 3-4 days long with no cramps...if it didn't come the same day every month I couldn't even tell when its coming. My skin has never been better. I honestly had no idea people has such depression and mood swings from this pill. I've never felt any of that. I also lost about 20 pounds while taking cryselle, not from the pill itself but I worked out and ate healthy. So no weight gain."

Maggieg73 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I am so satisfied with Low Ogestrel! I am only a teenager, just using this birth control for period management; not actual birth control. Before I was on this pill I had the worst periods ever. I had unbearable cramps, I was sick all of the time, and yet we're very very heavy! Now I have been on Low Ogestrel for 8 months and I couldn't be happier with the results. My periods are much lighter, only last a few days, I have far less cramping, and I don't get sick anymore! I experience very slight side effects, sometimes nausea after taking the pill every night, and slight weight gain. Overall, totally worth it!"

Bnn9033 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 27, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I got pregnant on the pill so I do not recommend unless you wanna get knocked up. Lol"

ChelseaL November 12, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "My body rejected medicine like crazy, including birth control. This is the only birth control that's ever worked for me. I just recently started taking it again due to irregular cycles/heavy bleeding. It's been 5 years since I've taken it. I've had two kids in between, tried two birth controls in between (hospitalized for the IUD). I haven't taken birth control from 2012 until just two weeks ago. I only have the breast tenderness. I've never had acne but I do feel my skin is a lot more 'glowing'. Remember, your Gyno can change the level of hormones/dosage with this medicine so don't give up on it. Talk to your Gyno first before just quitting. If they really are a great doctor they will take the time to make it just right for you or find one that really works"

Anonymous November 1, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and had a chocolate cyst which was removed 6 months ago. However excruciating pain and cramps persisted. I was so drained all the time and attributed it to my busy schedule. A month ago I went to the obgyn because my cramps became daily. They found a lemon size cyst on the right ovary and told me to go on Cryselle for 4 months to shrivel it. Before I could start taking it I had a horrible bout of pain, fever, nausea dizziness that felt like my endo symptoms I think my cyst burst because the persistent pain was gone. Doc said to to take Cryselle anyway. First week, I got a few big pimples and expected to gain weight and be moody. It did the opposite felt like my old self energetic & happy!!"

samaya11 October 30, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've never really been a pill taker but after 2 kids and heavy flow I decided to take something and this is what the doctor gave me. My legs and arms fall to sleep my vision is blurred I have terrible headaches and my mom is crazy. How can you take this mess with kids and still be able to function. Needless to say I will stop taking them!"

Pat09 October 22, 2015

For : "I was on Cryselle for over 6 years prescribed by my obgyn for ovarian cyst treatment. I had no issues on this drug, had minimal to no pain from cysts and had regular periods. My periods are actually lighter since I have been off this medication, but were not heavy while on it and lasted about 3-5 days. I did not gain weight or have any issues with mood swings. I did notice when I went off of it that I sweat less so that was probably the only side effect I had. Overall, a positive experience."

fiedurt (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 20, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Endometriosis: "My body does not react very well to hormones. I spent just over a week on this medication and experienced vomiting every single day. My physician mentioned that nausea was normal so I assumed this was typical, as my stomach is generally a little more sensitive than most, anyway. Besides, it wasn't too bad - just once in the morning. Once my body had woken up, I was just fine. However, the last few days I was on the medication, the adverse reactions increased. Vomitting increased to several times throughout the day, nausea increased from the first few hours of the day to the entire time I was awake, and had several fainting spells accompanied by severe twitching (luckily my doctor ruled out seizures). Scary!"

aaashhh (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control for 8 years! I feel like the reviews are based on people that haven't given their body time to adjust to it. On this pill I had no acne problems, no weight gain no crampy periods. Generally, my periods would be 3-4 days long without pain sometimes would forget it was that time of the month. So while on it this pill was great. I recently almost 4 months ago got off due to how long I've been on it and hyper pigmentation on forehead and cheeks. Now I feel my periods and gained 9 lbs. Considering getting back on again.....especially since hyper pigmentation is pretty much gone."

ilisalec (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 21, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for : "The doctor prescribed me this last week because my hormones were every where .Therefore, I had my period most of the time and a lot of acne as a result of taking this * the nausea everyday has gotten worst*** it has help me a lot with my acne I won't lie but trust just the feeling oh wanted to throw up everyday want to make me just quit"

m.g September 15, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Before being on birth control, I had light bleeding, but terrible, painful cramps, and I started experiencing migraine headaches from my periods. The first bc that my doctor put me on I immediately started having worst abdominal cramping that I ever felt. So, after six months, she switched me to low-ogestrel 28, the first month was fine, but now I'm experiencing abdominal cramping again, and a little light headedness during the intense cramping, I take the pill in the morning, and the cramping happens, usually at night. I also think that its messing up my GI tract, because I'm experiencing upset stomach & diarrhea issues that I have never experienced before, I definitely will be switching to something else."

Mai may September 8, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was given this pill because I was having my period for a full month and breaking out badly. I've always had these problems and other brands of birth control wouldn't work for me. I took this and my period went back to normal right away. My skin has gotten absolutely amazing. I used to try every single thing I could to cure my acne. When I got on this pill my skin completely cleared. When I do get a pimple, it'll only be one and it'll very small. I couldn't be happier with this birth control. Me and my partner have had slipups and I haven't gotten pregnant."

hlambskin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2015