User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel

Also known as: Cryselle, Elinest, Lo/Ovral, Lo/Ovral-28, Low-Ogestrel-21, Low-Ogestrel-28, Ogestrel, Ogestrel-28, Ovral, Ovral-21, Ovral-28

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel.

Endometriosis 4 reviews 161 medications

Emergency Contraception 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel reviews 86 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This was my first time experience with any birth control, I'm 22 and have no children and take no other medication. Unfortunately, this birth control side affect on me was numbness on the left side of my body (left arm and leg were both numb). Also, my sex drive decreased tremendously."

DMDR (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Cryselle for 3 months now the first month I was an emotional wreck, crying over nothing and just super bothered by anyone and everyone! It's gotten better now, but the week of my sugar pills Im still on an emotional rollercoaster. My periods shortened from 7 days to about 3-4 which is nice. My face breaks out during my period and is blotchy but I can't completely blame it all on the pill since it happened before. This pill didn't make me gain any weight, I actually lost about 10 lbs during the first two months. Overall this pill has been alright. At the very least it's been effective but I am considering switching it up"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this medication for about two months and I really like it! I prefer my loestron 24 like most people that were on it did and when I was switched to minastrin it sucked big time! Was depressed all the time had terrible cystic acne and had the worse migraine headaches ever imaginable! Since being switched I haven't had any of those side effects the only thing that recently happen was my skin became really sensitive to the sun and I broke out in a rash from it. So now I just load up on sunscreen. Overall I'm really happy with this birth control."

Jstansb1 June 15, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been using this pill now for about a month . My mood has changed drastically. I'm always depressed, most of the time I Wana cry, it makes me feel really nervous , and I can't stand most people, feeling stressed. I lost few lbs which is a good thing and it controls my weight since I have hormonal imbalance. But I hope to get off this pill asap"

Holobolo June 1, 2015

Lo/Ovral (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This pill was awful for me. I had the worst mood swings. I was constantly depressed, crying or miserable. I gained close to 15lbs in the first month I was on it. My appetite could not be curbed and was eating everything in sight. The bloating was terrible too. Overall I hated this pill for me."

Meowmers (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

For Birth Control: "Terrible body acne directly related to taking this medication. Cleared up immediately after going off of this pill."

Ry1985 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had very irregular periods, so my doctor put me on this pill to help regulate them. My periods come like clockwork now, which is very nice considering I've never had that. They haven't become lighter or shorter in length, which I was hoping for. They are still 6-7 days with heavy flow and lots of cramping. My acne has also increased a lot. I had some acne before taking the pill, but this is the deep kind that can take weeks to heal, which I rarely got before. I also have been pretty emotional since starting it, but I won't entirely place blame on this pill as I stay pretty stressed regardless, but I think it could be related. I'm going to switch soon most likely."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Im only 17 and had to start taking birth control pills because I had cysts in my ovaries that started bleeding so severly, it caused me to be hospitalized for a week and needed transfusions. I still had spotting after I was discharged but once I finally started taking these pills (insurance issues) the bleeding stopped all together I have had no weight gain and my skin has cleared up so much. I would recommend this pill to anyone"

JasmineA97 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2015

Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for : "I have been on many different birth control pills (Microgestin, Necon and Norterel). I take the birth control continuously without the placebos so I wont have a cycle. I had break through bleeding and really bad side affects with all the aforementioned pills. A friend of mine was taking Lo-Ogesterol and she highly recommended trying it. I finally convinced my doctor to prescribe me Lo-Ogesterol. Since taking these pills they are doing what they're suppose to do. I have no side affects what so ever and no bleeding. I am very happy with these pills compared to what I was on. Everyone's body is different so it will take a few pills to find what works for you"

Sunshine675 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Sweating all the time....right through my clothes. Think too high for me"

JSIM (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have tried a few pills before, and this one was the worst. I would sweat constantly during the day and even wake up sweating. The acne I got was pretty bad as well. I was taken off the medicine when I reported to my doctor horrible headaches and seeing auras, which is a really bad sign of serious problems to come. All bad side effects aside, I did not get pregnant while on Cryselle, however this pill was not right for me."

MarZ104 October 14, 2014

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I experienced increasing endometriosis pain for 4 years which culminated in two months of extreme continuous pain. I was reluctant to try anything that changed my hormones due to negative experiences with birth control in the past. I was given Low-Ogestrel when I went into the ER for the endometrial pain. I took it that night and woke up pain free the next day! This one tiny pill gave me my life back. I was astounded. I had slight nausea for the first few days but that subsided and I have experienced no other side effects."

Outdoor Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Cryselle was the 4th or 5th pill I tried in my journey to find a birth control that improved my cramps, heavy flow, and regularity without intolerable side effects, which was also covered by my insurance. I've been very happy with it! It has all but eliminated my PMS symptoms and although it didn't have a marked impact at first, my cramps have become less severe and my flow lighter the longer I've been on it. I haven't experienced any negative side effects, either. If anything, my mood seems to be more stable on Cryselle. (I've been on pills that made me crazy!). It's also been effective as birth control."

mura42 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on Lo-Ogesteral and was very happy with it but my doctor stopped carrying it and prescribed me Cryselle saying it was the same thing. I've been on it for almost 6 months now and am just as happy as I was with Lo-Ogestral. My period used to be really heavy and lasted a week before I was on birth control. Now it lasts 5 days and is pretty light to moderate depending on which day I'm on in my cycle, never heavy. No break through bleeding, no crying jags, no acne, no weight gain. The only thing that happens to me is the first few days of a new pack I get nauseous after taking the pill. But I get nauseous easily."

Mandy12345 August 4, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Today marks the second month I've been on this pill. In the beginning it was fine except that my face was breaking out really bad. I thougth I would deal with that until about a week or so ago I started getting terrible mood swings. I can't stand the person who sits next to me at work I can't stand my boyfriend, my friends anyone. I thought I was just having a bad week until the past two days I couldn't stop crying and would randomly burst out crying in public places! I called my DR and she told me to get off the pill immediately. I will sign back on and let you know how I feel a week from now!"

YR (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I switched to Cryselle after a terrible experience starting birth control with Junel. On that, I bled without break for months. So Cryselle seemed like a God-send when the bleeding stopped and I had no spotting between periods. Minimal side effects besides increased acne. My skin was fine before, but I've been on this pill for just under a year now and in recent months have developed horrible, painful cystic acne. I am looking into a new pill now."

BccaGF May 24, 2014

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is my second month taking Low Ogestrel. Definitely has helped with hormonal acne breakouts.. Still get a pimple every once in a while when I'm stressed and it's around my period. The only thing I'm concerned about is having a brown discharge instead of my period during the placebo week."

Ash1245 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I can't rate this a 10, because nothing works perfectly. But this is the best birth control that I have been on this far. I am 26 years old and I have been on 2 birth control pills previously that had not worked out nearly as well as Cryselle. I developed as I was taking the other birth control pills, many ovarian cysts which led to spotting and constant pain. I also rarely got my period, even while taking the placebo pills. My doctor switched me to this and I regularly get a period now and have little to no pain. For me, this is the best thing that has happened to me."

Shay_p May 2, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this pill for a month now due to unbalanced hormone levels. I wasn't getting my period (I got it 4 out of the 12 months in a year). My gynecologist made me double up on the pill, so it makes me extremely nauseous at times. I get horrible mood swings and I've been breaking out, not badly though. Today was my 4th day on the sugar pill and I finally got my period. It is very light but I do have minor cramps."

anonymoussse March 31, 2014

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for about 5 years after being switched through so many in about a 6 month time frame! Happy to have found this on, my doctors have tried to switch me since the name brand I believe was taken off the market at one point. It's not worth breakthrough bleeding and yeast infections I've experience with other pills. I am about 10-15lbs heavier but I'm in college and my diet sucks. Periods are clockwork, starts in 4th day of sugar pill off by start of new pack....when I'm stressed or not sexually active I have no periods at all. Moodiness has been the worst of it all, mostly around mid-cycle to end. Other than that I refuse to switch!"

PG14 March 5, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I switched to Cryselle two months ago because my periods were very heavy on my old birth control. Since switching to Cryselle, my periods are very light, I have very little cramping, my face has been clearer and I have been headache free. I wish that I had switched sooner."

Lizzie V. March 4, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I started taking Cryselle almost 9 months ago to treat my endometriosis as well as to act as a birth control. My OB-GYN instructed me to skip the placebos, and as a result I have had virtually no cramping or break through bleeding (common on my last pill). However, as she warned, I developed severe acne. The acne I could deal with, but the emotional side effects I cannot. I have become increasingly moody the longer I have been on Cryselle, especially around the time of my "period". I have also developed strong feelings of anxiety and depression. I had hoped when these symptoms began, that they would lessen over time, but they have just increased in severity. "

Emma518 February 2, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have a heavy flow to say the least. I get horrible PMS as well and cramping that I believe is just not normal. It almost makes me pass out at times, the pill told me to start it on the Sunday of my period and I did. I'm bleeding so heavy and the cramps are worse."

Stella Spitfire (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I absolutely love this birth control pill, worked great for me. I had no weight gain, I had regular/short period with no cramps! It also helped a lot with my acne, while on the pill, I had no acne and very clear skin, but now that I'm off I wish I was still on the pill just for that reason."

AVB!! (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2013

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was given this pill as a second option because I felt the other pill I was taking was causing me to gain weight. I notice that with this pill I was not happy. Not with the pill, but my personality drastically changed. I was moody, irritable, emotional and down right a pain to be around. I have stopped taking it a week ago, just to see if my mood would improve, and it has. I would say stay away from this pill if you are under stress, as it will add to that negative side of your life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2013