User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel

Also known as: Cryselle, Elinest, Lo/Ovral, Lo/Ovral-28, Low-Ogestrel-21, Low-Ogestrel-28, Ogestrel, Ogestrel 0.5/50, Ogestrel-28, Ovral, Ovral-21, Ovral-28

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel.

Endometriosis 8 reviews 160 medications

7.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 20 reviews 162 medications

5.7
Birth Control 114 reviews 275 medications

5.6
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel reviews 142 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill twice now. The first time I was in it I used it for 6 months and my doctor decided to take me off of it for some time because I began having breakthrough bleeding and periods as long as if not longer than before I was on the pill and just as painful. After some time on anther pill my doctor reccomended that I go back on it and see how things went the second time around. I have been on it for 6 more months and nothing has changed since the last time. The first few periods were fine and like normal without the pill but again I began to bleed randomly and the pain became worse as well as my normal periods lengthening and becoming heavier."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 24, 2016

Lo/Ovral (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Loved it at first. Regular light periods 3-4 days no weight gain no cramping, and I could skip my period it was like heaven in the form of a tiny pill. Then unexpectedly after all these years of being on it at the age of 24 I woke up with extreme pain in my right arm inner elbow area I couldn't bend my are all the way or extend it completely without having pain. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle or something but after a week of pain and discomfort I went to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with a deep vien thrombosis (blood clot) I had to be ambulanced to another hospital and spent 5 days on the surgical floor because they thought they would have to remove it. Thousands of $'s in hospital bills that I struggled to pay at 24"

LEEDXMIIESTON (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 14, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Horrible absolutely horrible. I was on low ogesteral and my pharmacy just switched it to cryselle one day. Within a week a felt depressed and withdrawn and completely not myself. I felt like and would cry at the drop of a dime for no given reason. I barely made it threw one pack before I came off and actually spent a month off birth control until I could get an appointment to get a new pill. I am very sensitive to estrogen so it is possibly that I am an exception but I have never had this experience on other birth control pills."

Britt27c (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was put on the pill when I was 16 for a possible ovarian cyst. I was on it for about a year or so before I came off of it for the negative side effects. My body went back to normal straight away and didn't think anything of it. When I met my husband, we talked and decided that it wasn't the right time for us and went back on it. I was on it for 14 months and got off of it for the same reasons as before and also we want to try to concieve. I have not had my period since November. I went to my doctor in January who put me on Provera for ten days and finally got a withdrawal period. It's mid April and still nothing. Don't do it."

Anonymous86135654 April 16, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This pill makes me taste and smell this nasty sour milk taste all the time. I cannot get rid of it, it makes me so nauseous that the thought of taking it nauseates me already. I get so sick off of it, been on it for over two years and symptoms of nausea never subsided. It has also completely taken away my sex drive, only reason I know this is because once my ex and I broke up I got off of it for four months and I was super horny, so uncontrollably horny, I wanted sex at all hours, but upon going back on it, I have zero desire for it. I've missed many days on this pill, because I rather just not take it, that's how gross it is and sick it makes me feel which obviously reduces its effects. If you can get another, please do."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I am very displeased. I started cryselle because my previous birth control wasn't strong enough to stop bleeding caused by endometriosis. This drug made me very sad, depressed and angry and I had a lot of mood swings. On top of all of that, I gained 14 pounds in a month. What fun."

9annabanana9 March 16, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Cryselle for a year and 1 month and I love it. I used to get the worst acne on my chin but my face cleared up for the most part while on Cryselle.The first 1-2 weeks on it I was kind of nauseated and threw up once on the first week. I was irritable a bit the first 2 weeks. And my first period on it was painful. I started Cryselle because I had unpredictable painful periods & it really has worked my periods are light and only last 3-4 days. Almost no cramping, sometimes none. Plus I know when I'm getting my period and I'm able to make sure I am not on my period on important an important events. Plus it has protected me from getting pregnant ever since i became sexually active. First month is tough, after that it's amazing!"

Anonymous March 14, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for 9 months after pregnancy, I don't feel that I've gained any weight. Although I eat well and recently within 2 months went back to the gym. The worst part about this BC is the break through bleeding, for weeks at a time. Skipping periods...my cycle is most definitely unregulated since the 1st month. I haven't gotten pregnant so that's great, but my husband and I are losing our sex life. I want to change, but I dislike when hormones are messed up."

Wendy J (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

Elinest (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I rated this a 10/10 because I was extremely happy with the side effects/results I was looking for in this pill. Although this is a birth control pill, I was taking it for personal reasons. Which being, I had heard that birth control usually made your breast larger. I don't like my natural breast size/butt size or body weight and the reason I started taking this birth control in the first place was a medical reason but I wanted to continue taking it for the breast enlargement/weight gain reason. I was taking it for a total of three months. I started noticing a change in breast size and weight gain/butt enlargement (due to weight gain) within about a month or month and a half of taking this birth control. It boosted my self confidence/esteem"

VictoriaF February 26, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Bad: I took it for about a year, then it gave me bad acne that automatically cleared away when I took a 2 week break from it, and automatically came back when I got back on it. It has also make my hair so dry, frail and frizzy regardless of how good I take care of it. My blood pressure, anxiety and mood swings also fluctuated when I was on and off this pill. Good: makes my periods ultra light, almost never cramp. Haven't gotten pregnant. Overall I would not recommend it if you can be on something else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2016

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I got switched to this pill because I was beginning to have severe cramps on my lutera pill. I liked this pill for the first 3 months as I noticed my boobs grew, my acne completely cleared up, and I my cramps were gone. However, during this time period I noticed about a 10 lb weight gain that only occurred while I was on the pill (I lost 8.7 pounds while on my sugar pills one week). I also noticed that I was really emotional and got upset about everything and I never cry, ever. I know everybody has different reactions to medications, but I would suggest not even trying this pill because the pros were not worth the cons."

wd10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "So my doctor prescribed me this birth control to help with my periods. It hasn't been a full month yet. But its had a lot of bad side effects. I'm not myself lately. I find everything getting on my last nerve. One minute I wanna rip someone's head off the next I'm bawling like a baby. And the next I'm laughing. Then its right back to being angry again. And the cycle continues. This is so NOT me!! Not to mention my husband just told me its been a whole week since I've wanted to have sex. I didn't even realize it at all. I've got no sex drive at all. Not to mention I'm going on two weeks of having a period. My periods usually last 4-5 days. My husband has told me to stop taking the pills. I think I will. I don't like who I am on them."

nativemamaof4 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control near 6 months. In the begin I got it wasn't awful I did experience mood swings at first and break through bleeding. The longer I have been on it the more consistent it's almost as if I have my period 3 weeks on and one week off. It has made me severely irritable to put it nicely and because I have been bleeding so much my sex drive has also suffered. I would not recommend this birth control to anybody. In my opinion it's awful."

E724 January 27, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started taking this birth control almost 2 years ago. I was very nauseous for the first few weeks but it subsided and seemed to be going great! A few months ago, I missed one pill and took 2 within a few hours of each other and ended up throwing up (my own fault). Lately, I have been struggling with horrible anxiety (18 years old about to leave for college) and I have had awful nausea and low sex drive with my boyfriend. I am not sure if these are symptoms of my birth control or just anxiety. Around the time my period tracker says I'm ovulating, my discharge seems to be very thick and mucus like. I'm not sure this is normal. Otherwise, absolutely affordable and seems to be reliable!"

Kbae January 22, 2016

For : "I've been on low ogestrel since 2012 after getting a double oophorectomy done and I love it. A menstrual cycle once every 3 months is nice. Rarely have any random bleeding(only once since prescribed). The only issues I find with it is I'm very dry and sexual intercourse isn't fun anymore. I'very also noticed a decline in sexual desire. I NEVER feel in the "mood" and I'm 24, so this is making relationships difficult. Overall it's a great birth control, but if you can't get pregnant like me (due to no ovaries) I would ask your Dr for something more natural. Too many other cancer risks with this drug."

emilybrown (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2016

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was very fond of this birth control for many reasons. I was put on it a few months before I turned 17, and since I was about 12 my skin had been very bad. This medicine combined with my dermatological medicines kept my skin smooth and completely clear for months on end. My periods were never very painful and only started on Wednesday or Thursday with light bleeding and cramps. I was never moody and did not gain any weight at all, it might have actually regulated my weight. The only downside (and reason I'm switching) is that I had extreme vaginal dryness to the point where during intercourse we had to reapply lube at least three times. Sex became painful and unenjoyable for me so I am switching to a birth control with less estrogen in it."

olivestaff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for 3 months now & I have to say it has been awful!! I do not feel like myself, I'm really irritable, angry, depressed, & my sex drive is GONE. I've been working out daily & eating right & still gaining weight. I've also got awful period acne breakouts on Cryselle. The only positive things are that the pill does it's job and my periods are 4 days max (they're also light)."

bcbabe January 14, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Since this is a common side effect I am going to ask my provider about it. I am experiencing a lot of breast tenderness. It started pretty much after being on this one or two days. I am a week in and it's rather painful. They feel somewhat swollen."

Kdream (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill about 8 months now. It's my 3rd birth control. Tricyclics give me bad migraines and I was on minastrin before this. Minastrin always made me really sad for no reason, too nauseous to eat, very moody and depressed and had no period. Cryselle was such a big turnaround for me. I'm back to my normal happy self, periods only last 1-2 days rarely any cramping. Only thing I noticed was a little bit of weight gain but that could also be from switching as the last birth control made me too sick to eat half the time."

strays21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I began talking this pill 4 months ago to help with my PMD. The 2-3 weeks following my period I had extreme irritability/anxiety. My periods were also very heavy and accompanied by severe cramps and extreme fatigue and headaches. My doctor recommended this pill to level out hormones and help with cramps. This pill has been amazing. My periods are 3-4 days long and very light. I have NO cramps. My face has cleared up except for a couple breakouts on my chin the last day or so of my period, but they are gone in a couple days. I feel so much better on this pill. Incredibly lower levels of irritability/anxiety."

CHersch (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this pill since February and I'm not a huge fan. My mood swings have been terrible when I PMS and when I'm not PMSing, I feel blah. My sex drive has decreased and that is my main concern because not only am I more dry, but I started crying after sex because I felt horrible. My boyfriend isn't happy with it either. I'm switching to Loryna because it has a lower dosage of progestin that should make me happier but I'm still nervous."

Acca December 28, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've tried many birth controls, probably about eight, but this one stands out in my memory as the worst just because of the side effects. I will say I can appreciate a short period, four days I believe? I was on this pill for only a month a while back, but if I recall correctly that was the month I reached my highest weight ever, gaining ten pounds. I got rather irritable and was glad when I switched to Quartette and apologized for snapping at people :^)"

c16 December 25, 2015

Lo/Ovral (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "As soon as this drug started working, I stayed in one constant mood of irritable-anxiety. I was a horrible person to be around and cried every single day. I was having hormone problems and this drug made my life go from bad to worse. I would never pollute my body with garbage like this again. Be careful, girls!"

Mila O. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I would rather deal with 1-3 days per month of cramps than living every single day of my life with acne, female baldness (was getting there anyway), nausea/vomiting, migraine headaches, skin peeling, no sex drive/inability to orgasm, irritability/crying/depression/anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks, shaking, high blood pressure. Omg - stay away from this stuff if you can! "

Jenny M (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is such a terrible pill, I have never ever felt the way I did while I was on this pill. I took the pill for 4 months. The first month was okay I had no symptoms at all. However towards the end of the month every day I either had a headache, had anxiety was very angry or miserably depressed. I couldn't stand the person next to me, any person who made a noise or laughed too hard. I was very mean and so frustrated towards everything my boyfriend did and said and the next day I would feel bad and apologize. this pill made me feel like a crazy person and was driving me insane. One minute I was laughing the other I was crying. I do not recommened this pill to any girls out there this pill is terrible!!"

MelMel18 December 9, 2015