User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel

Also known as: Cryselle, Elinest, Lo/Ovral, Lo/Ovral-28, Low-Ogestrel-21, Low-Ogestrel-28, Ogestrel, Ogestrel-28, Ovral, Ovral-21, Ovral-28

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel.

Endometriosis 4 reviews 161 medications

Emergency Contraception 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel reviews 90 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on cryselle for a year and a half. I Havent had any side effects till recently. I take 4 packs then have my period. I have extremely bad cramps but I always have. No birth control has ever made them better. I noticed just last week when I was off the pill and on my period I was happier. I do have mood swings that are sometimes crazy. I also don't have a sex drive. I will be trying a new form of birth control to see if my mood changes along with my sex drive, but I'm scared to try new things while by body adjusts. If nothing works I will get back on cryselle."

MoeMoe1989 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I used to take ogestrel 28 , which is a high dose . I have been onogestrel 28 for over 5 years . I am on the pill to help regulate my period . I got a new GYN dr and he wanted to change the pill to a lower dose , so I started on cryselle. I gained 30 Pounds. Diet , physical activity was the same as before , in fact I was more physically active but I still gained all that weight . My primary dr thought it was me that I was over eating or not active. That she doubt it was the pill . I went from a normal BMI to crossing the obese border, after starting cryselle. I told my dr I wanted to change back to ogestrel 28. Within the first few months back on orgestrel I started to lose the weight."

lena 135 July 17, 2015

Lo/Ovral (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "It was a great pill until the start of the 3rd month I broke out in hives and was extremely itchy."

Anonymous July 16, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have just finished my first month of taking Low-Ogestrel. I was put on it because of my horrible menstrual cramps and haven't really experienced any bad side affects other than migraines during the first week or so. I am currently on my period and didn't have any cramps i am also bleeding very lightly. So thumbs up for me!"

Stacia L. July 15, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This was my first time experience with any birth control, I'm 22 and have no children and take no other medication. Unfortunately, this birth control side affect on me was numbness on the left side of my body (left arm and leg were both numb). Also, my sex drive decreased tremendously."

DMDR (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Cryselle for 3 months now the first month I was an emotional wreck, crying over nothing and just super bothered by anyone and everyone! It's gotten better now, but the week of my sugar pills Im still on an emotional rollercoaster. My periods shortened from 7 days to about 3-4 which is nice. My face breaks out during my period and is blotchy but I can't completely blame it all on the pill since it happened before. This pill didn't make me gain any weight, I actually lost about 10 lbs during the first two months. Overall this pill has been alright. At the very least it's been effective but I am considering switching it up"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this medication for about two months and I really like it! I prefer my loestron 24 like most people that were on it did and when I was switched to minastrin it sucked big time! Was depressed all the time had terrible cystic acne and had the worse migraine headaches ever imaginable! Since being switched I haven't had any of those side effects the only thing that recently happen was my skin became really sensitive to the sun and I broke out in a rash from it. So now I just load up on sunscreen. Overall I'm really happy with this birth control."

Jstansb1 June 15, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been using this pill now for about a month . My mood has changed drastically. I'm always depressed, most of the time I Wana cry, it makes me feel really nervous , and I can't stand most people, feeling stressed. I lost few lbs which is a good thing and it controls my weight since I have hormonal imbalance. But I hope to get off this pill asap"

Holobolo June 1, 2015

Lo/Ovral (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This pill was awful for me. I had the worst mood swings. I was constantly depressed, crying or miserable. I gained close to 15lbs in the first month I was on it. My appetite could not be curbed and was eating everything in sight. The bloating was terrible too. Overall I hated this pill for me."

Meowmers (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

For Birth Control: "Terrible body acne directly related to taking this medication. Cleared up immediately after going off of this pill."

Ry1985 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2015

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had very irregular periods, so my doctor put me on this pill to help regulate them. My periods come like clockwork now, which is very nice considering I've never had that. They haven't become lighter or shorter in length, which I was hoping for. They are still 6-7 days with heavy flow and lots of cramping. My acne has also increased a lot. I had some acne before taking the pill, but this is the deep kind that can take weeks to heal, which I rarely got before. I also have been pretty emotional since starting it, but I won't entirely place blame on this pill as I stay pretty stressed regardless, but I think it could be related. I'm going to switch soon most likely."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Im only 17 and had to start taking birth control pills because I had cysts in my ovaries that started bleeding so severly, it caused me to be hospitalized for a week and needed transfusions. I still had spotting after I was discharged but once I finally started taking these pills (insurance issues) the bleeding stopped all together I have had no weight gain and my skin has cleared up so much. I would recommend this pill to anyone"

JasmineA97 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2015

Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for : "I have been on many different birth control pills (Microgestin, Necon and Norterel). I take the birth control continuously without the placebos so I wont have a cycle. I had break through bleeding and really bad side affects with all the aforementioned pills. A friend of mine was taking Lo-Ogesterol and she highly recommended trying it. I finally convinced my doctor to prescribe me Lo-Ogesterol. Since taking these pills they are doing what they're suppose to do. I have no side affects what so ever and no bleeding. I am very happy with these pills compared to what I was on. Everyone's body is different so it will take a few pills to find what works for you"

Sunshine675 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2015

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Sweating all the time....right through my clothes. Think too high for me"

JSIM (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have tried a few pills before, and this one was the worst. I would sweat constantly during the day and even wake up sweating. The acne I got was pretty bad as well. I was taken off the medicine when I reported to my doctor horrible headaches and seeing auras, which is a really bad sign of serious problems to come. All bad side effects aside, I did not get pregnant while on Cryselle, however this pill was not right for me."

MarZ104 October 14, 2014

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I experienced increasing endometriosis pain for 4 years which culminated in two months of extreme continuous pain. I was reluctant to try anything that changed my hormones due to negative experiences with birth control in the past. I was given Low-Ogestrel when I went into the ER for the endometrial pain. I took it that night and woke up pain free the next day! This one tiny pill gave me my life back. I was astounded. I had slight nausea for the first few days but that subsided and I have experienced no other side effects."

Outdoor Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Cryselle was the 4th or 5th pill I tried in my journey to find a birth control that improved my cramps, heavy flow, and regularity without intolerable side effects, which was also covered by my insurance. I've been very happy with it! It has all but eliminated my PMS symptoms and although it didn't have a marked impact at first, my cramps have become less severe and my flow lighter the longer I've been on it. I haven't experienced any negative side effects, either. If anything, my mood seems to be more stable on Cryselle. (I've been on pills that made me crazy!). It's also been effective as birth control."

mura42 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on Lo-Ogesteral and was very happy with it but my doctor stopped carrying it and prescribed me Cryselle saying it was the same thing. I've been on it for almost 6 months now and am just as happy as I was with Lo-Ogestral. My period used to be really heavy and lasted a week before I was on birth control. Now it lasts 5 days and is pretty light to moderate depending on which day I'm on in my cycle, never heavy. No break through bleeding, no crying jags, no acne, no weight gain. The only thing that happens to me is the first few days of a new pack I get nauseous after taking the pill. But I get nauseous easily."

Mandy12345 August 4, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Today marks the second month I've been on this pill. In the beginning it was fine except that my face was breaking out really bad. I thougth I would deal with that until about a week or so ago I started getting terrible mood swings. I can't stand the person who sits next to me at work I can't stand my boyfriend, my friends anyone. I thought I was just having a bad week until the past two days I couldn't stop crying and would randomly burst out crying in public places! I called my DR and she told me to get off the pill immediately. I will sign back on and let you know how I feel a week from now!"

YR (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I switched to Cryselle after a terrible experience starting birth control with Junel. On that, I bled without break for months. So Cryselle seemed like a God-send when the bleeding stopped and I had no spotting between periods. Minimal side effects besides increased acne. My skin was fine before, but I've been on this pill for just under a year now and in recent months have developed horrible, painful cystic acne. I am looking into a new pill now."

BccaGF May 24, 2014

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is my second month taking Low Ogestrel. Definitely has helped with hormonal acne breakouts.. Still get a pimple every once in a while when I'm stressed and it's around my period. The only thing I'm concerned about is having a brown discharge instead of my period during the placebo week."

Ash1245 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I can't rate this a 10, because nothing works perfectly. But this is the best birth control that I have been on this far. I am 26 years old and I have been on 2 birth control pills previously that had not worked out nearly as well as Cryselle. I developed as I was taking the other birth control pills, many ovarian cysts which led to spotting and constant pain. I also rarely got my period, even while taking the placebo pills. My doctor switched me to this and I regularly get a period now and have little to no pain. For me, this is the best thing that has happened to me."

Shay_p May 2, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this pill for a month now due to unbalanced hormone levels. I wasn't getting my period (I got it 4 out of the 12 months in a year). My gynecologist made me double up on the pill, so it makes me extremely nauseous at times. I get horrible mood swings and I've been breaking out, not badly though. Today was my 4th day on the sugar pill and I finally got my period. It is very light but I do have minor cramps."

anonymoussse March 31, 2014

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for about 5 years after being switched through so many in about a 6 month time frame! Happy to have found this on, my doctors have tried to switch me since the name brand I believe was taken off the market at one point. It's not worth breakthrough bleeding and yeast infections I've experience with other pills. I am about 10-15lbs heavier but I'm in college and my diet sucks. Periods are clockwork, starts in 4th day of sugar pill off by start of new pack....when I'm stressed or not sexually active I have no periods at all. Moodiness has been the worst of it all, mostly around mid-cycle to end. Other than that I refuse to switch!"

PG14 March 5, 2014

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I switched to Cryselle two months ago because my periods were very heavy on my old birth control. Since switching to Cryselle, my periods are very light, I have very little cramping, my face has been clearer and I have been headache free. I wish that I had switched sooner."

Lizzie V. March 4, 2014