Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Aviane

Learn more about Aviane.

Aviane review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 160 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Aviane to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Review by jen5309867:

I have been having a hell of a time finding the right b.c!! Major mood swings cramps nonstop bleeding no sex drive, but so far i like aviane im on my second month, i am no longer bleeding(first pack i did for awhile but my body had to adjust ) no moodswings normal sex drive,breasts a bit tender and larger (not mad about that) appetite a bit bigger but for me thats good I need the gain weight

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2013 8:55 AM

It's only been a month so I can't guarantee any of this is the pill, but I switched over from Yasmin. Since I have started this pill, I have been in a way better mood. I have started losing weight (5lbs so far). My complaints are that I am breaking out! On my face, back and chest. Right before my period started I got sick. I thought I ate something bad but then I got my period the next morning. I was one for very painful and nauseating periods so I hope this is just a first time occurrence because I really don't want to switch pills AGAIN!

September 10, 2012 8:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Caused severe mood swings and fatigue.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2012 4:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have not even made it a month on this medicine yet so it may be unfair for me to comment so quickly, but I will. I switched to this from Loestrin 24 (which completely stopped my cycle for 6 months). I've been on Aviane for about 2 weeks and I have had no weight gain - but that's the only positive so far. I have had high levels of unexplained anxiety, feel sick often and am having huge unpredictable mood swings. I have had 3 or 4 panic attacks since starting, which I have never experienced before - scary feeling. My doctor has told me to give it a few months to even out.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2012 2:13 PM

Review by tina93:

I have been on Aviane for almost three months and I love it. I stared it because I was having weird on and off periods and my doctor suggested I start taking it. The first month I only had minor side effects which where very tender breast and cramping but it regulated my period and that's what I love about it so much! I admit that my breast has grown a cup size but I have not gained any weight or mood swings. The only thing that is persistent is my tender breast but my period is normal and Aviane is great!

March 1, 2012 10:07 AM

I'm twenty years old and was prescribed Aviane for my anemia. I was so low in hemoglobin because I had heavy and frequent bleeding (2 heavy periods in a month!) It's only been a month, but so far, ZERO weight gain (I'm a model! I take my body image very seriously), no breakthrough bleeding, no nausea, no breast tenderness and my skin is so much clearer. My period lasted 4 days and was manageable for the first time in my life. I'm hoping that I don't develop side effects later on. I'm very satisfied and I'd like to stay on this product, I don't want to switch!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2011 2:41 AM

Review by Kimjnwa90:

My doctor put me on Aviane to suppress my periods for terrible PMS and mood swings. I have been taking them now for 4 weeks. Am supposed to be getting my period today and feel GREAT. I have not gained any weight, which I would gain 5 pounds just prior to my period. Besides the very mild cramps nothing unusual. I do not feel any lack of sexual drive but do feel slightly drier than normal. Again, I can deal with all of these symptoms to skip the PMS rollercoaster. So far so GREAT! I am 39, two kids, no more with a history of depression type symptoms.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2011 3:42 PM

Review by Jaynie-O.:

My doctor prescribed Avaine to me after I was suffering from very severe anemia caused by my ridiculously heavy and painful period. I used to bleed heavily for 10-12 days, meaning I would have to change my pad every 30 minutes or less. This is the first and only birth control pill that I have taken and I am only taking it for anemia (but consider using it for it's original purpose) and it has been a God send. My periods are significantly less painful, lighter, and the side effects are not nearly as awful. I have been taking the pill for about 3 1/2 years now and other than some nausea, spotting, and discomfort for the first couple of months, it's been great. Mood swings occur, but so has breast enlargement. Fair trade in my book.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2011 8:30 PM

I am on Aviane now and very pleased with it besides the few pounds and easy bloating IT is great! My periods are lighter less painful and come exactly when they are supposed to. It has also worked to skip my period. I am very happy to have found this.

August 22, 2010 4:51 AM

I have been on Aviane for about a year and a half for dysmenorrhea, and it's great. I get a bit moody/sad the day or two before my period, but that's the worst of it. It's helped a LOT with cramps. I get by on 2-4 Midol per month now!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate