Medication Guide App

User Reviews for NuvaRing

Learn more about NuvaRing.

Birth Control 497 reviews 248 medications

7.2
Summary of NuvaRing reviews 497 reviews 7.2

Reviews for NuvaRing

Review by muneca1129 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: i love nuvaring. it works wonders for me .. i dont even feel it nor does my partner, and yes of course if a man finishes inside u , ur protected from pregnancy honey! thats what its for. it has never slip out . that probably happens to these woman that have the looses cuchi! lol , The only bad side effect that i get is mild to severe nausea and some acne. sometimes im not even hungry but that any birth control with estrogen will make u nauseous because of the estrogen. every body is different but i would highly recommend it

April 29, 2015 9:42 AM

Review by Rox101:

For Birth Control: When started using it, I thought it was the best contraceptive ever until it almost cost me my life. Since February 2015, I experienced shortness of breath, dry cough, headaches, pain and numbness in my legs and a sharp pain in my chest when I inhale. Doctors diagnosed me with asthma because I had it as a child. In the start of April 2015, I was rushed to the emergency room because the everything just got worse. I also had a high fever. After several test, the doctors made the discovery of life threatening blood clots within my lungs and around my heart (pulmonary embolism). I immediately removed the NuvaRing as this had lead to my condition. This has happened to many women and also lead to the death of some.

April 29, 2015 4:43 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: Literally could only tolerate it for three days before removing it. Was getting headaches, couldn't sleep, had an anxiety attack out of nowhere and the brown discharge was gross plus it made my vag sore and itchy. I guess it's one of those things that you really like or just can't stand. If it works for you run with it but if you have symptoms from what I've read be prepared to have those symptoms for at least a month. Can't say it doesn't do it's job but are the side effects worth it?

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2015 6:07 AM

Review by Britanyy:

For Birth Control: I've been using Nuvaring for about 3 months now and I thought that the extremely bad anxiety was cause by other problems and that it'd go away but it hasn't and has only gotten worse. My face has been breaking out more than when I was in high school. My sex drive has decreased tremendously! I've never had depression till I started Nuvaring and its probably became the worst part of all of this. I started getting leg cramps which usually never happen and is supposed to be a sign of blood clots as stated in the side effects. I WOULD NOT recommend this to anyone. I could go on and on about other side effects from this but I wanted to point out the ones that have effected me the most.

April 24, 2015 8:08 PM

Review by Shae S (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Nuvaring for four months and don't plan on going off. I tried the pill, but I have a severe reaction to lactose which all birth control pills contain. It made me bleed constantly and bloat and just feel sad all the time. With this I have none of those symptoms, so I already love it for that. I don't have to remember a pill. I used to have 5 day heavy periods every six weeks. Now they're two days, light enough for a liner, and every nine weeks. I'm not gaining weight or bloating. My moods have been stable until I take the ring out for my 'period' but that's normal PMS for me. Sex drive may be decreased but that suits my husband better anyway. It's defintely not gone completely! It's never fell out. I love it.

April 23, 2015 9:26 AM

Review by cassfrass:

For Birth Control: I was on NuvaRing for about six months. For the first month or two, I had terrible headaches at the end of the days I had class, but everything else was fine. Fast forward to 3-5 months, I was moody, I was even a little depressed, and I had no sex drive. I wanted to eat everything in sight. From the second month to the sixth month, I gained about twenty pounds with no significant lifestyle changes or dietary changes besides the NuvaRing. If you are tolerant of high hormone levels and don't gain weight, this might be a good option for you. It stays in for three weeks and comes out the fourth week for your period (which mine came very regularly while on it). If it wasn't for the significant weight gain, I would have stayed on it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2015 5:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I would only recommend this birth control to someone that is trying to sleep with my boyfriend-because it made me bloated, bleed constantly for 2 months, back aches (complete period symptoms non stop for 2 months), and gain weight- huge turn offs to anyone. I am in so much bodily discomfort and have been bleeding for so long now it is definitely preventing pregnancy. I cannot wait to switch to another form of birth control. It feels like a combination of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and being pregnant.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 11:03 AM

Review by Megannnnn:

For Birth Control: I was using the nuva ring for about a year and a half.. Maybe a little over. At first I noticed a change in my attitude as if it almost made me crazy, emotional, & snippy. I was excited to have my period shortened to a day a month with clear skin while also being protected from pregnancy so the mood change wasn't a big deal. About 6-7 months after being on it I started gaining weight with no diet change. Now looking back I went from 153-198lbs. Also my sex drive decreased 100%!! If it weren't for my boyfriend loving sex, sex probably wouldn't even cross my mind. Went off it last week with high hopes because the side effects aren't worth it after the convenience wears off.

April 15, 2015 2:28 PM

Review by Yaz55:

For Birth Control: I've been using nuva ring for 3 month is the best choice ever. I had IUD and also taken pills and my body reject all of them .. With the NuvaRing everything is great I ovulate every month .. Sex mood is on point. My advice for everyone that's having different mood swing . We all have different body shape, weight, hight etc .. But is nice we get to help one another with feed back !!!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 3:54 PM

Review by gmaswag:

For Birth Control: I understand there are risks associated with any form of contraception. I had associated the headache and mood swings I experience with the Nuva Ring as run of the mill symptoms related to my cycle. Although I did not experience these headaches at all or these levels of mood swings before starting the NuvaRing, I explained them to myself as the normal adult symptoms I’d developed with getting older as I didn’t want to cry wolf or say the sky was falling when it wasn’t. Basically I didn’t want to be a hypochondriac, trying instead to approach pain and the levels thereof rationally with the understanding that pain is a signal, or rather an alert the body sends to the brain from the area of the body that is experiencing some kind of distress w

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2015 4:03 PM

Review by Anonymity223:

For Birth Control: I started the nuva ring after my body rejected the copper IUD. Loved that it was easy to use and painless. I didn't find it gross to put in or take out like I thought I would. It killed my libido. Thank god I had a understanding boyfriend. When we did have sex I occasionally would forget to put it back in which lead to a few scares but nothing ever came of them. Overall I stopped after 6 months because my lack of libido was frustrating for me and him.

April 6, 2015 11:04 PM

Review by Helper456789:

For Birth Control: I've been on Nuvaring for 6 years. I was on the pill before which didn't work for me. Nuvaring is awesome because I have a period every 9 weeks. Periods are easy. But it worries me being on birth control this long. It also has hurt me being on too especially. Kills my sex drive. I don't know if it has affected my weight or that was just myself. I've been on it so long.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2015 11:57 PM

Review by Emankcinaa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I originally got prescribed the Nuvaring because I had horrible menstrual problems but I also now use it as actual birth control as well. It was strange to me at first because of the insertion, but now it's easier and nothing new. The only thing I'd have to say that I didn't like at first with this birth control was the nausea, dizziness and mood swing I had within the first (about) three months. I still have mood swings sometimes, but I think it's just an age thing. I also have not gained any unwanted weight from using this contraceptive, which is a huge thing for me. Overall, I'd have to say I really like this birth control and would recommend it to anyone that can handle it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2015 1:26 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I like/dislike the NuvaRing because before I would always forget to take the pill and with this I'm not pregnant. But the only down side is that I have absolutely no sex drive whatsoever. And to find out the reason why and that I'm not the only one that this happens to is so relieving. So I will be switching soon.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 3:09 PM

Review by Sarah S:

For Birth Control: When I first started using the ring I had absolutely horrible anxiety for about 2 weeks. It faded with time. I didn't have any other major side effects other than it made my face explode with hormonal acne. I had very mild acne and it got worse every month that I used the ring. I had to stop taking it for that reason. I switched to Beyaz and I have zero side effects and my acne is 80% better after a week.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2015 3:33 PM

For Birth Control: Skeptical at first but I absolutely love it. On my third month and no side effects. Period starts like clock work 3 days after I take it out, and last about 3 days. I give it a 9 because I do dry out during intercourse, otherwise it's been great!

March 19, 2015 9:17 PM

Review by LNCS (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on nuva ring for a little over 4 years now. VERY effective birth control. PROS: No weight gain (I actually dropped the weight I gained from the pill soon after I started), very clear skin, even moods with no major mood swings, don't feel or notice it, no daily remembering required, periods significantly lighter, shorter, and with less discomfort, effective immediately at regulating my cycle and has continued that way throughout use, it even has enough hormones in a ring to leave it in and skip your period if you prefer. CONS: Can be a little costly but totally worth it (and the brand website lets you print a 50% coupon), Intercourse can be uncomfortable with your "more endowed" partners (just remove it and replace after).

March 13, 2015 10:41 AM

Review by ChrissyThrash:

For Birth Control: I used birth control pills for 6 years prior to trying the Nuva-Ring. I had pretty good experiences with my old brand but wanted to try something different and thought not having to remember to take a pill every day would be awesome. I was on the NuvaRing for about 6 months, and I noticed extreme breast tenderness, increased acne and the worst part was the 15lb weight gain. The weight was extremely hard to lose while I was on the ring, but after I switched to another contraceptive the weight I had gained melted off. The one plus was that my moods were great on NuvaRing and my anxiety decreased.

March 3, 2015 11:36 PM

Review by arhlpn:

For Birth Control: I had commented before and I also wanted to say that I haven't experienced any mood swings and I STILL WANT TO HAVE SEX! The pill made me hate sex but my drive hasn't suffered a bit with the Nuvaring. I love it and HIGHLY recommend it.

February 17, 2015 9:09 PM

Review by Tarabelle2417:

For Birth Control: When I began using birth control, I had severe reactions to every pill that the doctor gave me. Of the side effects which are listed on the pamphlet,I had all of them except the most severe ones. I had three periods in 2 months and I was shaking and in a great deal of pain. I am small and to me it felt like a massive overdose. The Nuvaring has been a lifesaver. The ring slowly releases the hormones so I don't feel overwhelmed and saved me from a lot of future worry and stress.

February 16, 2015 1:57 AM

Review by NikkiS13:

For Birth Control: Pros: No remembering pills, easy insertion/removal, never feel it/think about it, significantly less cramping with periods Cons: First 1.5 months had constant bleeding (but that is very rare now), occasional pain with intercourse (but I just remove it for the time and replace it later), some dryness during intercourse

February 15, 2015 8:12 PM

Review by LC7926 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Pros: Didn't get pregnant, regular periods, no cramping, no weight loss Cons: NO libido at all, heavy periods on the first two days I have been on the pill, the shot, and Nuvaring. I would LOVE this birth control if it weren't for the absence of libido on it. If you only want it regulate your period, I would suggest it.

February 9, 2015 2:56 PM

Review by Kate88webs (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Problems with periods after going off Nuva ring. Irregular periods for over 6 months

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2015 8:07 PM

Review by attagirlfromHTX (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have a love/hate relationship with NuvaRing. I love that I don't have to worry about a daily pill, light periods, normal moods vs pill, no cramps...almost everything I want! I hate that the ring wants to slip out half the time, painful for me and partner during sex, & decreased sex drive. I plan on switching.

February 5, 2015 9:59 PM

Review by Erika Munoz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I always wanted Nuvaring and now my insurance covers it. It's amazing. I'm not weirded out by my own body so I have no problem inserting and taking it out. I don't have to remember to insert it at the same time every day, so automatically I'm a perfect user! I had no side effects, which would make sense since its a lower dose at a constant rate. My sex drive has actually increased, not likely from the ring itself, but from the peace of mind knowing I didn't forget a dose. Totally recommend to anyone who can afford it, or who have bad memory and rather pay for the ring than for an accidental baby.

January 28, 2015 1:55 PM