User Reviews for NuvaRing

Learn more about NuvaRing.

Birth Control 555 reviews 255 medications

7.1
Summary of NuvaRing reviews 555 reviews 7.1

Reviews for NuvaRing

For Birth Control "It took me a year to realize that this product was causing my ITCHY PALMS. I had hives on my palms that would flare up when I ate soy, and sometimes after touching things at the gym. After starting the nuva ring, I became very sensitive to soy allergens. I kept trying to eliminate every trace drop of soy in my diet, but it seemed like I was more sensitive to soy everyday. Then one month, I put in a new ring and suddenly my palms itched like a hundred fire ant bites, and I realized I was not just allergic to soy. I was actually ALLERGIC TO THE NUVA RING!!!!! My soy allergy persists after quitting the Nuva Ring, but no more itchy palms."

Libby1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about a month now and it has my private area feeling itchy and burning right after sex . It only happens right after sex. So I stopped using it"

kithed August 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on the NuvaRing for 6 years or so, and I LOVED it while I was on it. I didn't have issues with feeling it, or it coming out during sex. Sometimes if I was having sex we'd take it out just cause it can get uncomfortable being (essentially pounded) in the same place. I went off of it about 4 months ago. I only went off it because the hormones started to mess with me. My libido dropped, I couldn't get wet, and freaked out emotionally before my period every month. I wish the hormones didn't affect my body like that, cause I really liked this birth control."

sarahhgarrison (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on the NuvaRing for 4 months and I love it! I haven't had a single problem with it. It never comes out or moves at all during sex or anytime. I had a lot of problems with the mirena before so I switched to the Nuvaring and I'm so glad that I did. It also increased my breast size and I won't complain about that!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the nuvaring for about 4 months now and I absolutely hate it. The only reason I have continued to use it is because I don't have a period while taking it. This BC gives me the most extreme mood swings I have ever experienced. I can be happy one minute then be mad/depressed the next. This has caused me to have relationships to fail in my life. I absolutely hate it and I would never recommend this to anyone!"

Makeupbabester (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2015

For Birth Control "The ring doesn't look huge but once in you takes up a lot of space and is very close to the vaginal opening.. I imagined in my head it being smaller, tucked further in and snugger fitting around the cervix. A few hours after insertion my ovaries began to have a slight dull ache. I thought my lower pelvic region is just adjusting to a foreign object. I woke up the next day and it was a worse ache and my lower abdomen was sore, vaginal cannel was painfully sensitive and my stomach had a empty sick feeling even when eating. Day 3 I had to remove it! I was so bloated, with severe stabbing gastrointestinal pains so bad I couldn't move! I tried to wait a few hours and let my body calm down but upon reinsertion it reoccurred. Horrible!!"

Ashley Tampa FL (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I transitioned to NuvaRing from Sprintec two months ago due to lifestyle changes that made it impossible to take a pill at the same time every day. Pros: don't need to remember a daily pill... and that's about it. I've been bleeding for a month straight, my face has broken out, my appetite seems to have gone through the roof, labile moods, and the ring seems to always want to work it's way out of place... Have to constantly push it back up. My first month's ring actually must have fallen out, because it was just gone when I checked it one day. Not cool. Plus, my insurance only covers part of it, so I end up paying about $50 a month for it. I've had enough, I'm getting Mirena placed in a few days."

dressagerdr (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2015

For Birth Control "After consistently being on nuva ring for over a year, I left it out for a month, so I had no birth control, and within that month my acne cleared up so I assume that the birth control is causing me to breakout more than I should. other than this I think this is the best birth control in the world because it has never once fallen out or been noticeable to me and I don't have the hassle of taking a pill at the same time every day. I've always been sensitive to birth controls, getting sick if I missed it, but I've never had a bad experience with the ring. It also increased my cup size so that's a plus!"

Dasani234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the nuvaring for almost 6 months now. But ever since I started using it, when I take it out I never know when my period is going to start. Sometimes it starts after 3 days. but now I'm on my 6th day and I still haven't started. It's like every month I'm worried whether I'm pregnant or not. My fiancee and I both like the ring. It seems effective and definitely helps with my symptoms. But it is very worrisome. and I'm not one to worry a lot..."

Rachel H97 August 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I already suffer from migraine headaches and they stayed about the same but when I first take the ring out I automatically get a headache. And when I first put it in I get a headache. The hormones I guess. Other than that I had swollen but non tender breasts. No nausea. During intercourse it came out once but my partner is fine with it and pushed it back in. He says he doesn't feel it during intercourse which is nice. I believe as long as your partner knows and is cool with it you'll have a good experience with nuvaring intercourse wise. I would definitely recommend to to friends"

Briya (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

For Birth Control "When I first started NuvaRing the doctor gave me 3 rings. Within that time I loved it. However when I actually picked up the RX for it I'm kinda hating it. At times it's very hard to put on, anytime I use the bathroom it slides out halfway. This time I don't think it's in right no matter how many times I adjust it. I have also been on my period since the time I put it in which was two weeks ago, and the cramps have been extremely painful. I thought BC was supposed to help with cramping? On the plus side I do like that I don't have to keep switching it out, and I have definitely seen alot of improvement in my acne. I'm willing to try it out for another month and see how it goes if not I would like to try the depoProvera injection."

Rmart93 August 15, 2015

For Birth Control "The ease of use is great....unfortunately I have to give it up...I get the worst of the side effects. Severe moodiness/depression/roid rage bitchiness. I'm always angry and depressed at the same time. My sex drive is gone....and my face is broken out to the point where I get new blemishes daily. After reading reviews from people who suffered for months, there's no way I can handle another day, let alone week."

Kashamontoya (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I've used the ring for about 2 months now, and it was the best alternative for a forgetful person like myself. I was on the pill before, but I had to stop using it because I'd often forget. Putting the ring in at first will feel a little weird, but once you put it in deep enough, you wont feel a thing. Plus, it wouldn't slide out! The only con I have is that after I take out the ring on the end of the 3rd week, my cramps from period seem to be more painful."

Xnavia August 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on the ring for 3-4 yrs now, and I know everyone's body responds differently but I have had ZERO complaints about the Nuva ring! I absolutely LOVE it. It does not come out during sex, no dryness down there, high sex drive!!! Its great only downside is, it doesn't help with acne so I might just have to change but I am really considering it very hard because I honestly love this form of contraception."

MIchi112405 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 7, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control sucks. And I mean suckas. If you already have mood swings, anxiety and or a history of depression please search for other options because this thing will intensify what you have like no other. I've never been on bc prior to this and I did mention to the dr if it'll make your mood swings worse and she assured me it wouldn't. Complete opposite. I feel like I already struggled with some depression and mood swings but being on this just takes it to a whole other level. The suicidal thoughts come when I'm most anxious it just flat out sucks man. And worse part is that I never asked to be on this bull, I only need it so I can have a normal period and this is what I get? Life is hard enough as is. Just stay away from it."

Chickachicka (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2015

For Birth Control "My doctor recommended the Nuvaring to me after I told her how I didnt like taking birth control pills because I forget and also I had no sex drive while on the pill. I put the Nuvaring in and within 24 hrs I had severe vomiting, fever, & muscle fatigue. This was literally the worst experience I have ever had with birth control. At first I didn't understand what was happening to me till I looked at the side effects on the pamphlet my doctor gave me. I immediately took it out and within 8-10 hrs I stopped vomiting but still very weak and frail. I had a severe allergic reaction to the Nuvaring and later found out that my body reacts negatively to estrogen and progesterone from my new Doctor. I'm going to try the copper IUD."

Maniwani August 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I had used Nuvaring successfully for about 6 months I stopped using birth control for about a year and then decided to go back on Nuvaring. I have had the worst side effects ever. Monthlong bleeding, nausea, dizziness, lower back and leg pain."

Gcarol August 2, 2015

For Birth Control "The ring is the best birth control I have used. I had the pills but it was so hard to remember to take and I had the Patch. I gained a lot of weight being on the Patch but when I was on the Ring, I was able to lose the weight and stay the same weight. It actually made my periods lighter and I barely have cramps. The only thing I have negative to say is I have constant discharge and it does not feel like a regular period. But I prefer the light bleeding then the harsh periods I use to have. I highly recommend but the Ring is not for everyone."

Tatiana G. August 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched to Nuvaring because my weight gain with the pill was excessive. When I switched the side effects were fine, the only difference was I had headaches more often but it did help my weight problems. I felt better and had less water weight. HOWEVER, I wouldn't suggest this for someone who has sex often. The doctors told me I could keep it in and you won't feel it and it won't be a problem. Every time I had sex it hurt and my partner could feel it also. So I began taking it out each time, which was a pain. I was always worried I would forget to put it back in and I ended up having to switch back to the pill."

I wouldn't suggest August 1, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my third month using Nuva ring. I'm on the three week cycle. It's very convenient, I don't have a consistent work schedule so I never have to worry about missing the pill. HOWEVER, this thing makes me sweat SO bad at night, I keep my bedroom in the mid 60's while my side of the bed is closest to the vent and I sleep nude. I will shower the night before and wake up covered in sweat and smell terrible! And that has NEVER been the case. I've been a very competitive athlete all my life and even in my sweatiest games I never had BO. I've also noticed extreme mood swings that third week it's in. Intense vaginal irritation to say the very least and no change to my acne, it's been bad for as long as I can remember."

Runningwild (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I choose Nuvaring because if I went in the pill I would never take it because I am very forgetful plus I've heard horror stories about other birth control. Anyways I've been on the Nuva ring for about 4 months now and I do the 4 week cycle so I don't get periods. I noticed I have a little spotting around the 3rd week of having it in. I'm very moody with this birth control and my libido is ALL THE WAY DOWN. I also get headaches here and there those have to be my only side affect with it. My husband isnt a fan of it because he says he can feel it during intercourse. It has taken a toll on our marriage due to my low sex drive not sure if it's related to the product but after reading a few reviews I'm guessing it is. Considering changing."

Mrskeeks July 30, 2015

For Birth Control "It has been effective in preventing pregnancy. However, it makes me feel like shit. I am nauseous all the time, especially the first couple of days after putting it in. I have heartburn and fatigue that has only started since I have been on the nuvaring. I got pregnant on the pill and that's why I switched, but I feel so bad all the time because of it. I haven't stopped taking it yet, I'm on month four because I keep hoping it will get better, but it doesn't. It has been effective in preventing pregnancy - feeling so crappy has urged me to take a lot of pregnancy tests, and it's so convenient to only worry about it twice a month (put it in, take it out). I wish it didn't make me feel so bad, because I would continue to use it."

SRook48 July 29, 2015

For Birth Control "General Pros:Easy to use and low maintenance, No weight gain (butnever had issues w this), Doesn't affect my moods. Below is a timeline with my experiences. Age:22 Note: I have had a lot of acne issues w BC in past. Feb 2015 (month 1) -Breasts are fuller Cons: -More acne -Annoying and sometimes painful when it slides partially out Mar-Apr 2015 -Breasts are still fuller Cons: -Still lots of acne -Still slides partially out -No sex drive (sex hurts.. no natural lubrication) -Excessive discharge -Considering changing BC May – Jul 2015 -OMG I love my NuvaRing! -Acne is 99% gone! -No excessive discharge -I take NuvaRing out for sex and sex is great! -Breasts back to reg Cons: - falls partially out sometimes"

Love Nuva Ring After Month 4! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the ring for 4 yrs. I was on the patch before that, but I had an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I leave each ring in for 4 weeks without any gap weeks so I don't have periods (though I take a gap week each year). I do still get moody, cramps, headaches, and sometimes spotting during the would-be PMS week. I have gained some weight since I started the ring, though I am not sure if this is because of the ring or just my eating habits (or if the ring causes my sweet tooth). I take it out for sex, it can be out for up to 3 hrs a day. I have a short vagina, so the ring can be on my cervix and still be right at the opening, which can be annoying because I can feel it (not the rings fault, just a note for others with this issue)."

Kathen36 July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I originally went on the NuvaRing a year ago, and thought that it was drastically changing my moods, making me extremely emotional, causing me to cry all the time for no reason but I may have been wrong. I went off of it twice for month or two at a time, and during those times, my acne came back a little (not bad because my skin is naturally pretty clear when not PMSing/on my period, but was visible nonetheless), and I was actually more emotional, had a lower libido, etc. I'm starting to think that the regular stresses of life just hit me around the same time I started it and I mistook it for the ring. In reality it does wonders for acne, & is so convenient but everyone is different. Main con was hair loss. Great method overall."

Brennah July 25, 2015