User Reviews for NuvaRing

Learn more about NuvaRing.

Birth Control 618 reviews 271 medications

Summary of NuvaRing reviews 618 reviews 7.0

Reviews for NuvaRing

For Birth Control "The NuvaRing is a great contraceptive if you don't like being yourself. My mood swings were unpredictable and nasty. It was very effective due to the fact that the ring started causing abrasions in my vagina, making it nearly impossible to have sex; it hurt so bad I was reduced to tears several times. I lost my sex drive almost completely and seven months later I am still struggling to get my sex drive back. In addition, my hair began falling out in a patch by my forehead. I would not recommend this to anyone. To me, it's not worth the risk of the side effects you could face."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I try to tell as many friends as possible about the wonders of Nuva ring! It changed my life. I've been on it for almost 6 years now and the only side effect I've ever had was bigger boobs! (When I go off it they shrink a bit) No pregnancies, I don't have to take it out during sex, and best of all, I don't have to remeber to take a pill! I rarely even get my period because I just leave it in for 4 wks and then put a new one in immediately (My doctor says this is perfectly fine- unless you're trying to concieve soon after you go off bc your cycle will take some time to go back to normal) Please do yourself a favor and try it!"

MJ77 February 1, 2016

For Birth Control "As someone who had a terrible experience with other forms of birth control, I can't recommend NuvaRing highly enough! I have zero side effects on NuvaRing and can't feel it other than sometimes during sex (when we can just toss it aside for a bit). I love only getting my (now very mild) period every 5 weeks, and so far so good with preventing pregnancy. The only downside is that it is quite expensive! "

bkropa January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on nuvaring for almost 3 years and it has been the most convenient, with the least side effects. I've have lighter periods especially in the last yr or so. I know others say it helps with cramps as well, but my pain hasn't decreased as far as I can remember. My husband says he feels it when we have sex, and when we get really energetic it tends to bruise him. I do find that the week before my period I get nauseous on and off during the day but that's may have nothing to do with the nuvaring at all. Outside of that it's been a real awesome experience for me. No serious side effects."

Keri-JH January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this four plus years and have not had any issues. It's easy, periods have been light and no weight gain or issues with mood. I highly recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on nuvaring for years and years and I love it! The hormonal dosage in nuvaring is absolutely perfect for me and I don't get mood swings or anything of the sort like when I was on oral contraceptives. For some reason in the middle of my nuvaring experience I tried marvelon and I was an emotional wreck, I'd cry over anything and everything and ate so much each day.. It's nice to try different birth controls for a month or two to get the feel for what hormonal dosage you need and if you can remember to do a daily pill or not. Good luck on your birth control journey!"

Loverofnuvaring (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2016

For Birth Control "Used Nuva for two years from 18yrs old to 20 and it was a dream come true, only positive side effects if any, easy periods, and no pregnancies. HOWEVER - after the 2.5 year mark I started having pain & sensitivity in my left leg only, bleeding/sensitive gums, and worst of all chronic yeast infections. It all started happening out of nowhere so I went a while not thinking it could be Nuva. After many trials I took the thing out and now my gums, legs, and vagina are back in working condition. I think NR has long term effects that aren't recognized yet. I had a great time with it for 2 years and suggested it to all my friends, but it really turned on me down the line. Luckily, you can just take the thing out and the hormones leave with it!"

LUISA FAWN January 25, 2016

For Birth Control "So far I like the nuva ring. Although I have been experiencing more frequent bowel movements and trips to the bathroom, I haven't experienced any significant change yet. I wanted a change from taking pills and I like that I can remove this at anytime. I have not tried this yet with my boyfriend during intercourse so I'm not sure how that will go. Fingers crossed everything stays fine!"

AshleyNicole98 January 25, 2016

"This is by far the worst birth control I have ever used. I'm not normally a moody person but nuvaring has effected my mood like no other. I either feel extremely happy, angry, or sad. There is no in between. These mood swings have caused several fights with my boyfriend. I finally had to take it out because I couldn't take it anymore. A day later, I finally felt like myself again. I would never recommend this to anybody. It's terrible."

Emmmm January 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the NuvaRing now for two years. As a birth control medicine and ease of use, I give it a 10, because I've had no pregnancies and just set a reminder on my phone. I'm giving it zero stars for my quality of life. It has caused dryness during sex so much that I've developed vaginal fissures and the dryness has made my sex life with my husband non-existent. I also have no libido to speak of when before it was healthy. I'm looking into getting the Paragard inserted because even if that gives me heavy periods at least I'd get my vagina back."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the ring for 6 months. Before that I was on the "ortho tri cyclen lo" pills for almost a year. For the first 4 months I was raving about it to everyone who brought up birth control, be it customers, friends, family, etc. Things have changed since, my sex drive is low, I'm an emotional trainwreck for no reason. It's nice not having to worry about it everyday and it's been great at preventing pregnancy. Now it's harder to just put those negative things aside when I feel like it's affecting my relationship and myself emotionally. But I'm still deciding whether to stop using it because I don't want to just use condoms now since I'm not open to taking any other hormonal birth control at this moment."

AssiRalc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I went to the OBGYN to ask about getting an IUD and she recommended this and I've had no issues. I've had it for about 9-10 months. Putting it in is easy and I've never had problems with it coming out... My boyfriend does say he can feel it during intercourse sometimes, but it's not a big deal. It has worked wonders with my menstrual cycle. I take it out on Monday and my period usually doesn't start until Thursday/Friday, with very mild period cramps for about a day and after that it's fine. Very satisfied with this product. Only reason I gave it a 9/10 is because the day I put it in I get mild discomfort, almost like period cramps. Other than that, it's been great!"

Gehsisnanah January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Nuvaring is the best birth control ever. For me it was about not having any side affects, and nuvaring did just that. I've been on it for a year as a form of birth control. It has worked great not only as birth control but also made my periods shorter that only last 4 days, are very light, and always on time. NO other side affects. I've always followed the directions. You can leave it in during sex and I always do since my boyfriend has never mentioned it being uncomfortable. You can take it out for up to 3 hours a day without risk of pregnancy but personally I never take it out. You can also use it while using tampons as well which is nice for when you first start using. Overall I would definitely recommend it to anyone."

beachgirl24 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I thought the Nuvaring method would be great because I don't have to worry about taking birth control for 3 weeks and I can take it out whenever I want if I don't end up liking it. I also liked that the hormones are placed right where they need to go: right at the uterus. It was OK at first. I'm very petite so it was hard to get it in the right place. I felt good with the regular cycle assisted by the hormones. The first month I had about 10 days of spotting before my period. About 2 months in I started getting plantars wart's on my foot and on my hand. Then I got a fungal rash underneath my breast. This has never happened before. Then I started to lose enjoyment for my schoolwork, athletic activities. I will stop using Nuvaring."

Taylor student (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Hi, I loved this product, it did get too pricey, BUT I found out if you get it at planned parenthood its only $25! Hope this helps !!!"

Brittttttt January 16, 2016

For Birth Control "So I just put it in today and I noticed for some reason I've been feeling weird emotionally. I have a weird rash on my shoulder now that wasn't there before. I had to take it out after I drank a few sips of wine and threw up. I felt nauseous and weird. I still feel kind of strange. I'm a little put off because this is my first type of birth control besides condoms."

Ammo12 January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using NR for 6 years.. I love it. I've tried yaz and some other types of pills hated that you had to take them at the same time each day. This is much more convenient.. I get my period right on time and then take it out . . Simple. It doesn't do anything different to me such as acne or weight gain. But that depends on the person more than the contraceptive .. The best way to put it in ... Use a tampon applicator ( take out the tampon) place the ring in the applicator (bend the ring) and put it in as if it was a tampon. I've heard of it coming out during sex but I've never experienced this nor have I ever had it slip out or go missing. Highly recommended:) :) unfortunately it is pricey however. :("

Ak47demon January 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Nuva Ring for about 6 years. No complaints or side effects. Sex drive is good, acne cleared up for the most part, no discomfort, & no weight gain. Easy to use & I just set a reminder on my phone to take out every 3 weeks. I used to have awful problems on various birth control pills such as Yas and Yazmin such as cramps and random spotting. Haven't had these problems since I switched to Nuva Ring."

MCTATE2016 January 10, 2016

For Birth Control "Terrible. I felt it when I moved around no matter how many times I re-positioned it, I was in such pain. And it just doesn't sit well with me that there's some biodegradable thing inside of me. Nope, no way."

Lalamarie0425 January 8, 2016

For Birth Control "Hi there I decided to come on a write a review for this product because I see a lot of negative reviews. Nobody really takes the time to come on and review something when they really love it. I have been on the nuva ring for about 6 months now and I love it. I'm anemic and have endometriosis, so my periods are EXTREMELY painful. And the nuva ring takes care of all of that. It's very effective in preventing pregnancy. I see some people talk about blood clots. It's a risk in ANY birth control. You must maintain good general health with any hormonal substance. I also saw people complaining they could feel it or it was coming out. To be honest you can't just put it in like a tampon, you have to completely lay on a bed and relax yourself."

Azhy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on the pill for about 3 years, tri sprintec, it really had no side effects besides moodiness rarely, but I wanted to try something hormone free. I tried the Paraguard IUD for 8 months, it was extremely easy (after the pain from insertion subsided), but my periods were SOO bad had it removed and wanted to give Nuvaring a shot. Super nice because you don't have to remember a pill everyday, but after about a week I was borderline suicidal, moody and breaking out like crazy. I tried to let it pass because I really wanted to give this a shot but eventually it made it difficult to orgasm or even get wet during intercourse, and my vagina feels super irritated. I hope others have better experiences, but I'll be going back to the pill!"

Jackyy January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "HATE IT, placed as told and kept slipping out and no matter how I placed it it would never stay. As soon as I would walk I could feel it and I hate the feeling tried fitting it over my cervix and was painful for a bit and .... It slipped !!! I tried for 2 days and have to say worse thing ever I'm going back on my mirena!! I'm over it moving, slipping, falling out in my sleep, my gut aches, headaches and over all frustration and the cost was a waste of my money! I suggest to not get it and go for the pill or mirena instead"

Anyone28 January 3, 2016

"I used Nuvaring in 2008 for 6 months, with no discernible side effects. I needed to remove it during intercourse since my partner could feel it, but my dog chewed it up and I could not get a timely replacement, and went off birth control. I began using it again in 2015 specifically to help with mood swings and sore breasts - PMS symptoms, for only 2 months. I experienced clear skin, no weight gain, and it controlled my moodiness. However it gave me tender breasts, low libido, migraines and neck pain, for which I would take ibuprofen daily to treat. I removed it since I don't require birth control at this time and didn't want to risk major side effects."

Lng1788 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using nuvaring for 3 months now. Previously I had tried the depo shot which I didn't like because it caused very uncomfortable vaginal dryness for me during sex. When I switched to the ring, me and my significant other really liked it! If anything the ring has been making me significantly more lubricated than without any birth control at all. At first that was the only side effect I had noticed and I was liking it a lot! However just very recently I realized that my skin has been looking worse than it ever has. I've been having more and more breakouts each week all over my face and they came on so gradually that I didn't even realize it must be from the ring. I'm very sad because I really did like the ring besides the breakouts!"

swishy January 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I used NuvaRing for 4 years. My husband and I decided we wanted a baby, and within the first month of not using NR I was pregnant. I love that it doesn't effect my fertility permanently I put a reminder in my phone for removal and reinsertion. It's a great BC method."

chandlertn January 2, 2016