User Reviews for NuvaRing

Learn more about NuvaRing.

Birth Control 522 reviews 255 medications

7.1
Summary of NuvaRing reviews 522 reviews 7.1

Reviews for NuvaRing

For Birth Control "I can not take pills so I decided to try the Nuva ring . I started to use it and a few hours after having it in I got sick ... Overly sick ... I have been up all night puking and I still am puking . Maybe it's just me but I don't like it so far ..."

Katiekay (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I started Nuvaring about 3 months ago. Before that I had tried two different birth control pills that gave me every possible side effect. I gained 15 pounds, was depressed, angry, had constant headaches, extreme fatigue and for the first time in my life i had cramps!(I had never had cramps before! not even when i got my period for the first time!) I finally went to back to my care provider and picked up some Nuvaring. I noticed changes for the better right away. Im back to my normal self, waking up early, going biking, hiking, and cooking again! I no longer have cramps and im no longer depressed! I even lost 10 pounds!!! (possibly a coincidence...) I wish I could have found the right pill to go on, but nuvaring has treated me well :)"

Studes June 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Let's see...I've tried over 6 birth controls in the past 8 years (including the shot) and nuva ring has by FAR been my favorite which I've now been on for 11 months. My boyfriend and I only find it a problem with intercourse due to us both feeling the ring. So I just take it out and place it back within the hour. Very few cramps when my period arrives which is exactly Wednesday to Friday every 4th week (double awesome) plus my skin feels so soft and all of a sudden my hair grows wicked fast? So strange but never in my life it would before. Downside? Anxiety but just raised at work. Sometimes gross white discharge like the day after or of that I remove the ring and a little before my period. Other then that fabulous contraceptive"

Anonymous June 29, 2015

For Birth Control "The 6th day I took it out. Usually I am calm and pleasant to be around. This stuff made me hateful, I was violent and intolerable. Depression and anxiety were a big issue. The day after I removed it with it still in my system, the depression got worse and I was having suicidal thoughts. I am NOT that kind of person but this hell ring turned me into an emotional nut job. I do not recommend it at all."

Sea Monkey (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "After reading a few reviews I wanted to post my own experience with the NuvaRing! I've been on it for a year and a half, almost two years now and I recommend it to every girl! I love it, my periods are super regular and always on time - also not to mention it's way lighter than ever as well as shorter! Everyone's body reacts differently to everything. Overall, I'd recommend it to anyone to at least try it and see how you feel on it."

SammyPacks (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched to the Nuvaring about 3 weeks ago from the pill. I was excited by how much easier it was than worrying about taking a pill at the same time every day. This excitement quickly faded when I got suddenly feverish and sick on my 9th day with the Nuvaring. I was too weak and had too severe cramping to leave my bed for 12 hours. But I steadily recovered after I removed the Nuvaring. I had it out for two days and my doctor suggested I put a new one in, so I thought I'd give it another chance. After another week, I've had a sudden and vicious outbreak of cold sores on my lips. I used to get them all the time, but I hadn't had one in three years. I'm done with the Nuvaring for good."

Emelia June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I find the Nuvaring to be very effective. I had tried a variety of different pills, but I experienced terrible mood swings on most. I like the Nuvaring because it does not cause me to experience those mood swings, I have lighter and shorter periods and it is convenient not to have to take a pill everyday. The only con I've experienced is that it can sometimes come out during sex or be bothersome to my partner during sex. I would recommend this if you are having difficulty with pills and are not ready to try an IUD."

Tuk Sadike June 21, 2015

For Birth Control "My problem with this birth control is the side effects. I have times when I get depressed, I had mood swings, felt like throwing up and even when I didn't even eat I gained about 15lbs. Oh yea and worse of all it made me bleed alot. I don't mean heavy bleeding. I mean it made my periods longer than before when I was taking it. I read a lot of reviews saying the same thing but tried it anyway. The worst was I had a period that last a whole month one time. My doctor put me on seasonique to see it that would help better"

915philnativ (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm currently writing this as I'm laying down sick to my stomach. This is my first time trying any birth control so I had no idea what to expect. I heard nuvaring was popular so I gave it a try. At first I was fine, happy and feeling great. Then as the weeks go by it was hell. I started spitting brown discharge. Then at the 3rd week I couldn't find the ring. I was bleeding so bad, I had horrible migraines, blood clots coming out and vomiting. I thought I was going to die. This birth control is not for everyone."

Julesgules June 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I been on NuvaRing for 6 months and just recently I been feeling really depressed, crying for no reason, and accusing my boyfriend of cheating. I'm just been really moody and not really want to do anything. Could it be a mood reaction from it ? I need help so I could switch to a new birth control. It only happens 1 week before I have to take out the Nuvaring and when it's out that whole week I just become a disaster."

Cici1991 June 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I really enjoy the nuvaring. I cannot take birth control pills because they contain lactose and I am allergic to dairy. The nuvaring is super convenient and easy to use. If you put it in correctly you'll never know it is there. I used to faint during my period without the nuvaring - which I don't now. Also I barely have any cramps with nuvaring and have shorter period. The side effects that I endured with nausea and breast tenderness for the first month. Also I have had some weight gain, and loss of sex drive - but both are minor. The most prominent side effect was breast enlargement - I went from a 32C to a 32DDD."

AnonAnonAnon3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I've used NuvaRing for almost 7, Yes 7 years now and I absolutely love it. I can take it out during intercourse If it bothers my husband, as long as I put it back in up to an hour later. Even during the first couple months it was comfortable and no side effects. (P.S. You can skip your period if you have a "special weekend" planned, so when you take your ring out after 3 weeks you just immediately put in another new one instead of waiting for your period to come. Awesome!)"

CarolineK1515 June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "Nuvaring has worked just fine for me. I stayed the same weight but I will say it caused me to have a major breakout which is abnormal for me. That was setback #1. The 2nd was, my period is 2x's more painful than it normally is. I will say I struggle with painful clotting periods when I'm not on birth control. I plan to start using the ring back to back and simply eliminate my period all together. I was afraid to use this method but it ended up being great."

Ajnauert June 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I don't like it !! Bad depression, bad temper, bad cramps, sensitive breast, weight gain, tired and not in the mood for anything. The only reason I'm doing this is to regulate my periods and it's the only thing that's working."

China805 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on the pill for 4 years and I had extreme anxiety and headaches. I switched to nuvaring and feel great. A lot less headaches, no anxiety. I haven't gained any weight that I've noticed, my sex drive is still very high. I might be a little more snippy, and I have had issues with yeast infections. It's only been two months so I'm gonna keep watching my weight and will update shortly."

MishMash May 27, 2015

For Birth Control "First and for most, before I went on the Nuvaring I was a complete skeptic. I did almost 2 months of research and read almost every review on Drugs.com. My current boyfriend (who is a Pharmacists) suggested and educated me on this BC. I have not been on BC for almost 3 years prior to starting Nuvaring. I've tired everything, from Depo, every pill formed BC and nothing has worked for me. Nuvaring is by far the only thing that's worked, from the first 3 months when your body starts adjusting everything was fine! No weight gain (loss 10lb), no depression, increase sex drive. There is definitely more Pros than Cons. Highly suggested!! Good for those who have a hard time remembering to take daily pills."

jjjjjgggggg May 25, 2015

For Birth Control "did its job preventing pregnancy, however side effects were not worth it. Crazy anxiety a few days before period, weight gain (15 pounds in 3 months), constantly bloated. had to adjust frequently. i will be going back to a pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

For Birth Control "10+ years on it. Can't feel it. Never falls out. Husband notices it but is used to it. Leave it in for vacation so I don't get a period (in on 1st, out on 25th for period on 27th is my normal routine but if I want to skip, I take out and replace on the 1st). Removed it to try and conceive and got pregnant the following month. I feel bad for the women that had poor experiences. I love nuvaring."

azmke (taken for 10 years or more) May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using the nuva ring for years . It's easy to use , colorless , odorless, you can't feel it when it's inside of you , neither can you feel it during sex. Your partner however may feel it . Some say they don't like it , some say it makes the sex feel even greater . But overall, I love the nuva ring . It is excellent on plus size women. I'm 5'6 weighing 367 pounds. And I've never got pregnant on the nuva ring. My husband and I do not use condoms , and I've never gotten pregnant while ring was in use . This is excellent for those women who can't remember to take a pill on time . Or don't wanna do IUD, or Depo. This was the best option for me. Thank you."

Nonaparker May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I was having issues with PMS before I began using it and at first I thought it was helping with that. But as time went on I started feeling sad and depressed and anxious. It got really bad. I was going through a lot emotionally in my life...a separation, eventually a new relationship. These feelings were starting to effect my relationships and work. After my period I had a 6 day weeping fit, for no reason. My therapist thought maybe I had PMDD. So I went to my Doc and told him what I was going thru. He told me to stop using the ring and give my body a break. Within hours of taking it out I started feeling better. I'm not sure if it was from the ring or PMDD. I am now taking Prozac for PMDD and feel great!"

FeelingBetterNow May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I suffered a stroke due to this damn medicine"

SarahCatZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using NuvaRing for a month now (started on April 14th) and I'm in love. Things may change in the coming months, but I don't foresee them being bad changes. I feel more complete, confident, and it's SUCH a relief to know when I'm going to get my period as opposed to playing a guessing game every month. I am not having sex, so I am not using it for birth control at the moment, but I'm trusting it will do its job when the time comes. Because my experience has been almost entirely positive, the only con I can think of is a few of my friends who have been on it tell me how awful their acne was. Negative side effects took place within the first month and continued until they got off of it (3 or so months in). I'm in love with it!"

Sarah S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2015

For Birth Control "Hi everyone, just wanted to share my 8 months experience with Nuvaring.. First I was really happy , it helps with my heavy and painful periods for sure! Unfortunately my libido went to zero and even if I took the ring out intercourse was really painful...like sharp razor blades. Also suffered from horrible migraines almost everyday... be careful when you use 1 combines hormones.. My neurologist who I saw for my chronics migraines suggest me to take off the ring and see if my migraine will get better. After one week I notice a dramatic change!! No more migraines that was ruin my life, and great no painful intercourse..got my libido back lol! So in general I was not satisfied with nuvaring, had more bad side effects than positive..."

Vany May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I tried writing my story but that was too many characters, so here's the pros and cons. Pros: a lot less hassle than a pill, free with insurance, very predictable periods (about 3 days after I would take the ring out) Cons: it felt like it was slipping out all the time after a couple months(which it was), my boyfriend could feel it during sex, and the biggest con/ the reason I stopped using it: depression. (i know that it was due to the pill because there were no other factors that would make me feel the way I did)"

babybopbop May 7, 2015

For Birth Control "i love nuvaring. it works wonders for me .. i dont even feel it nor does my partner, and yes of course if a man finishes inside u , ur protected from pregnancy honey! thats what its for. it has never slip out . that probably happens to these woman that have the looses cuchi! lol , The only bad side effect that i get is mild to severe nausea and some acne. sometimes im not even hungry but that any birth control with estrogen will make u nauseous because of the estrogen. every body is different but i would highly recommend it"

muneca1129 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2015