User Reviews for NuvaRing

Learn more about NuvaRing.

Birth Control 532 reviews 254 medications

7.1
Summary of NuvaRing reviews 532 reviews 7.1

Reviews for NuvaRing

For Birth Control "I've been on the ring for 4 yrs. I was on the patch before that, but I had an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I leave each ring in for 4 weeks without any gap weeks so I don't have periods (though I take a gap week each year). I do still get moody, cramps, headaches, and sometimes spotting during the would-be PMS week. I have gained some weight since I started the ring, though I am not sure if this is because of the ring or just my eating habits (or if the ring causes my sweet tooth). I take it out for sex, it can be out for up to 3 hrs a day. I have a short vagina, so the ring can be on my cervix and still be right at the opening, which can be annoying because I can feel it (not the rings fault, just a note for others with this issue)."

Kathen36 July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I originally went on the NuvaRing a year ago, and thought that it was drastically changing my moods, making me extremely emotional, causing me to cry all the time for no reason but I may have been wrong. I went off of it twice for month or two at a time, and during those times, my acne came back a little (not bad because my skin is naturally pretty clear when not PMSing/on my period, but was visible nonetheless), and I was actually more emotional, had a lower libido, etc. I'm starting to think that the regular stresses of life just hit me around the same time I started it and I mistook it for the ring. In reality it does wonders for acne, & is so convenient but everyone is different. Main con was hair loss. Great method overall."

Brennah July 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I used the Nuva ring on a continuous use cycle. I loved it! Being able to skip periods was great. I experienced light cramping and my libido went down. My skin was amazingly clear and I didn't have to worry about it. My husband didn't like it because he could feel it during sex."

Sindisib July 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using this for three months and I'm finally taking this emotional draining mister out this next cycle. I was so excited to use this at first but as each month went by I felt more and more depressed and miserable. My labito went down incredibly low to the point where the thought of even having sex would just give me headaches. I was never like this and I've become an emotional beast using this and it has effected the relationship I'm currently in. I don't recommend this, although it has amazing perks and it's convenient it's not worth destroying you as a person and possibly you're relationship and own overall happiness."

DoNotRecomend July 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Overall, I've had quite a wonderful experience with NuvaRing. It's very easy to use and it's very effective. It's perfect for those who are incredibly busy or have an unstable lifestyle (college students, bride-to-be, constantly changing work schedule), and I've had very minor side effects. Let's start with the positives though - regular periods that are very light, almost perfect skin except when on the period, no hair loss, no mood changes, and no weight gain. It's also very simple to get off the ring and switch to another birth control or completely stop birth control all together. The two side effects that I've experienced are low libido and I get headaches a lot easier. I can also feel the ring during sex but that's an easy fix."

naxxramas July 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have only been using nuva ring for 5 days... I have not been sick in any way.. or had mood swings.. ive noticed I have alittle nore energy to get things done around the house. My sex drive I believe has increased a tiny bit... already was high but I haven't had sex yet since I have had it in due to my partners work schedule. I do feel blowed everyday n I get pains in my stomach here and their like period cramps but nothing to intence. I so far do really like this birth control.. I hope it makes my period leas painful and... I haven't gained or loss any wieght or I have not braken out in acne or anything although I have never had that probelm.. so for now I would recommend it to anyone but if I do have problems I will change that rating!!"

ash24ray (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been using Nuvaring for about 6 months now. In the beginning, everything was great. I loved that you could always know which day you were going to start your period. Was easy to use. But over time, I noticed my face start to break out a little more, had weight gain and my vagina was always dry which led to problems within our sex life. My sexual drive also decrease. As soon as I showed my husband all the side effects, he agreed that i have been experiencing all the side effects listed and he said i was getting off of it asap."

Punk28 July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Nuvaring for four years. I had major cycts on my overies when I was younger and was forced to change my birth control medications six times in three years. I was skeptical on taking the Depo shot and any IUD for fear that I would have cysts develope again. My doctor wanted to conduct an exploratory surgery. I had to try something immediately. I asked my doctor about the Nuvaring. If it didn't help, I would go through with the surgery. I was constantly in pain and I was fed up with it. I read the information and started my dose. After 24 hours, I felt wonderful. In four years, I haven't had a cyst. Lighter, shorter periods, no weight gain, less acne, healthier skin and hair, and very little PMS. I highly recommend it."

Swervin.C (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2015

For Birth Control "So, I was so excited to try out the nuva ring. I have the mind of a goldfish, so remembering a pill everyday would be a struggle. When I put it in, I felt no diffrent. But the next few nights, I've never been more sick. And for the first 2 weeks, I was like a bunny in heat. I've became lazy, unmotivated, emotional and had no confidence at all. I've read a couple of reveiws, so I tried to stick it out a month. Today, I finally took it out, and had an overwhelming emotional breakdown. I was mean, and cried for no reason, and felt depressed. This is not who I am. I've had this thing out for about 8 hours, and I'm finally starting to feel better. I think I'm just going to try abstinence for my birth control method."

Iamarobot852 July 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Nuvaring for 6 years now and think that it's pretty good. Overall, my skin is clear, my hair is super soft, my period is regular and easy to manage, and my PMS symptoms seem to be well controlled. I have mood swings and struggle with anxiety regulation but I'm not sure that these issues are due to the birth control. I would recommend this to most people."

MFre (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I can not take pills so I decided to try the Nuva ring . I started to use it and a few hours after having it in I got sick ... Overly sick ... I have been up all night puking and I still am puking . Maybe it's just me but I don't like it so far ..."

Katiekay (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I started Nuvaring about 3 months ago. Before that I had tried two different birth control pills that gave me every possible side effect. I gained 15 pounds, was depressed, angry, had constant headaches, extreme fatigue and for the first time in my life i had cramps!(I had never had cramps before! not even when i got my period for the first time!) I finally went to back to my care provider and picked up some Nuvaring. I noticed changes for the better right away. Im back to my normal self, waking up early, going biking, hiking, and cooking again! I no longer have cramps and im no longer depressed! I even lost 10 pounds!!! (possibly a coincidence...) I wish I could have found the right pill to go on, but nuvaring has treated me well :)"

Studes June 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Let's see...I've tried over 6 birth controls in the past 8 years (including the shot) and nuva ring has by FAR been my favorite which I've now been on for 11 months. My boyfriend and I only find it a problem with intercourse due to us both feeling the ring. So I just take it out and place it back within the hour. Very few cramps when my period arrives which is exactly Wednesday to Friday every 4th week (double awesome) plus my skin feels so soft and all of a sudden my hair grows wicked fast? So strange but never in my life it would before. Downside? Anxiety but just raised at work. Sometimes gross white discharge like the day after or of that I remove the ring and a little before my period. Other then that fabulous contraceptive"

Anonymous June 29, 2015

For Birth Control "The 6th day I took it out. Usually I am calm and pleasant to be around. This stuff made me hateful, I was violent and intolerable. Depression and anxiety were a big issue. The day after I removed it with it still in my system, the depression got worse and I was having suicidal thoughts. I am NOT that kind of person but this hell ring turned me into an emotional nut job. I do not recommend it at all."

Sea Monkey (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "After reading a few reviews I wanted to post my own experience with the NuvaRing! I've been on it for a year and a half, almost two years now and I recommend it to every girl! I love it, my periods are super regular and always on time - also not to mention it's way lighter than ever as well as shorter! Everyone's body reacts differently to everything. Overall, I'd recommend it to anyone to at least try it and see how you feel on it."

SammyPacks (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched to the Nuvaring about 3 weeks ago from the pill. I was excited by how much easier it was than worrying about taking a pill at the same time every day. This excitement quickly faded when I got suddenly feverish and sick on my 9th day with the Nuvaring. I was too weak and had too severe cramping to leave my bed for 12 hours. But I steadily recovered after I removed the Nuvaring. I had it out for two days and my doctor suggested I put a new one in, so I thought I'd give it another chance. After another week, I've had a sudden and vicious outbreak of cold sores on my lips. I used to get them all the time, but I hadn't had one in three years. I'm done with the Nuvaring for good."

Emelia June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I find the Nuvaring to be very effective. I had tried a variety of different pills, but I experienced terrible mood swings on most. I like the Nuvaring because it does not cause me to experience those mood swings, I have lighter and shorter periods and it is convenient not to have to take a pill everyday. The only con I've experienced is that it can sometimes come out during sex or be bothersome to my partner during sex. I would recommend this if you are having difficulty with pills and are not ready to try an IUD."

Tuk Sadike June 21, 2015

For Birth Control "My problem with this birth control is the side effects. I have times when I get depressed, I had mood swings, felt like throwing up and even when I didn't even eat I gained about 15lbs. Oh yea and worse of all it made me bleed alot. I don't mean heavy bleeding. I mean it made my periods longer than before when I was taking it. I read a lot of reviews saying the same thing but tried it anyway. The worst was I had a period that last a whole month one time. My doctor put me on seasonique to see it that would help better"

915philnativ (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm currently writing this as I'm laying down sick to my stomach. This is my first time trying any birth control so I had no idea what to expect. I heard nuvaring was popular so I gave it a try. At first I was fine, happy and feeling great. Then as the weeks go by it was hell. I started spitting brown discharge. Then at the 3rd week I couldn't find the ring. I was bleeding so bad, I had horrible migraines, blood clots coming out and vomiting. I thought I was going to die. This birth control is not for everyone."

Julesgules June 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I been on NuvaRing for 6 months and just recently I been feeling really depressed, crying for no reason, and accusing my boyfriend of cheating. I'm just been really moody and not really want to do anything. Could it be a mood reaction from it ? I need help so I could switch to a new birth control. It only happens 1 week before I have to take out the Nuvaring and when it's out that whole week I just become a disaster."

Cici1991 June 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I really enjoy the nuvaring. I cannot take birth control pills because they contain lactose and I am allergic to dairy. The nuvaring is super convenient and easy to use. If you put it in correctly you'll never know it is there. I used to faint during my period without the nuvaring - which I don't now. Also I barely have any cramps with nuvaring and have shorter period. The side effects that I endured with nausea and breast tenderness for the first month. Also I have had some weight gain, and loss of sex drive - but both are minor. The most prominent side effect was breast enlargement - I went from a 32C to a 32DDD."

AnonAnonAnon3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I've used NuvaRing for almost 7, Yes 7 years now and I absolutely love it. I can take it out during intercourse If it bothers my husband, as long as I put it back in up to an hour later. Even during the first couple months it was comfortable and no side effects. (P.S. You can skip your period if you have a "special weekend" planned, so when you take your ring out after 3 weeks you just immediately put in another new one instead of waiting for your period to come. Awesome!)"

CarolineK1515 June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "Nuvaring has worked just fine for me. I stayed the same weight but I will say it caused me to have a major breakout which is abnormal for me. That was setback #1. The 2nd was, my period is 2x's more painful than it normally is. I will say I struggle with painful clotting periods when I'm not on birth control. I plan to start using the ring back to back and simply eliminate my period all together. I was afraid to use this method but it ended up being great."

Ajnauert June 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I don't like it !! Bad depression, bad temper, bad cramps, sensitive breast, weight gain, tired and not in the mood for anything. The only reason I'm doing this is to regulate my periods and it's the only thing that's working."

China805 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on the pill for 4 years and I had extreme anxiety and headaches. I switched to nuvaring and feel great. A lot less headaches, no anxiety. I haven't gained any weight that I've noticed, my sex drive is still very high. I might be a little more snippy, and I have had issues with yeast infections. It's only been two months so I'm gonna keep watching my weight and will update shortly."

MishMash May 27, 2015