Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Vivelle-Dot

Learn more about Vivelle-Dot.

Vivelle-Dot review summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 234 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Vivelle-Dot to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Review by AngusMom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been experiencing hot flashes for 3 years but could take it no more. I finally caved and asked for the hormones ! My Dr. prescribed the Vivelle Dot at .05 and 3 weeks later I called and asked when I could expect some relief from these awful hot flashes. It had cured my sleeping issues and my sex drive came roaring back, and my dry skin improved, but nothing in the hot flash dept. It was increased to .075 and still no relief from these massive melt downs. I am getting very upset that I can get no relief and can't wait to see my Dr. again next month. I hate to have another increase but wondering if it will finally help !

October 31, 2013 6:31 PM

Review by Happy Hormones (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Was on Vivelle 0.05 plus Prometrium for 4.5 years; felt great. Stopped for 1 year because I worried that being on HRT for 14 years (Prempro for 10 yrs.) total was risky & maybe I was now "beyond" the hot flashes, etc. Well...I felt lousy the entire time I was without HRT (1 year)..hot flashes, sleepless nights, brain fog, etc. Now I'm back on Vivelle Dot & Prometrium...feeling so much better! I don't think I'll ever give up this. Plus the estrogen helps my osteoporosis & vaginal dryness.

April 2, 2013 1:59 PM

Review by txtalk:

I had a total hysterectomy and experienced terrible hot flashes. I began with a dosage of .05 but the hot flashes continued, although less severe. My doctor changed the dosage to .1 and the hot flashes are a thing of the past. I've only been on this medication for 3 months but haven't experienced any side effects so far.

October 14, 2012 2:36 AM

Tried the lowest dose and the next highest dose. They both gave me a headache. Too bad because it did help alleviate the night sweats.

January 25, 2011 11:24 PM

Review by wooshier:

I tried compounded creams and they didn't work for me. Only one week on this patch and my hot flashes are almost none and I'm sleeping much better.

October 12, 2010 3:21 PM

I started on the patch because of menopause (at age 36, no medical reason i.e. surgery). I used the patch for about 6 weeks and had to stop because of a rash at the application site. This was no surprise because band-aids give me rashes too. I had no problem with 0.5 but when moved up to 0.75 I started with the rash.

September 18, 2009 10:56 AM

Tried the 0.05 mg patch which I had to remove 7 hrs later due to extreme nausea. Maybe lower dosage will alleviate that problem. Waiting for doctor's call.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2009 11:25 AM

I had a total hysterectomy when I was 28. I started on Premarin for a few years and then changed to the Vivelle patch for the last 8 years with no side effects. But I was also on the lower doses 0.25 and just recently went up to 0.75.

September 4, 2009 6:38 PM

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I experienced some chest pain and heaviness within the first day of taking.

May 20, 2009 7:18 AM

After a full hysterectomy at 42 years I started taking the patch due to severe hot flashes and terrible insomnia. After less then I week, I've had only mild hot flashes and 2 good nights of sleep. I'm so happy to be taking estrogen. No side effects

January 15, 2009 10:30 PM

Review by lklein9462:

I started using the Vivelle-Dot patch after having a total hysterectomy. Before starting the patch, I was having vaginal burning & itching, hot flashes, and night sweats. Within a week of starting the patch, all of these symptoms were resolved. To date, I've not experienced any side effects.

September 5, 2008 9:54 AM