User Reviews for Vivelle-Dot

Learn more about Vivelle-Dot.

Oophorectomy 1 reviews 76 medications

Osteoporosis 0 reviews 191 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Vivelle-Dot reviews 14 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Vivelle-Dot

Review by AngusMom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I have been experiencing hot flashes for 3 years but could take it no more. I finally caved and asked for the hormones ! My Dr. prescribed the Vivelle Dot at .05 and 3 weeks later I called and asked when I could expect some relief from these awful hot flashes. It had cured my sleeping issues and my sex drive came roaring back, and my dry skin improved, but nothing in the hot flash dept. It was increased to .075 and still no relief from these massive melt downs. I am getting very upset that I can get no relief and can't wait to see my Dr. again next month. I hate to have another increase but wondering if it will finally help !

October 31, 2013 6:31 PM

Review by Happy Hormones (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: Was on Vivelle 0.05 plus Prometrium for 4.5 years; felt great. Stopped for 1 year because I worried that being on HRT for 14 years (Prempro for 10 yrs.) total was risky & maybe I was now "beyond" the hot flashes, etc. Well...I felt lousy the entire time I was without HRT (1 year)..hot flashes, sleepless nights, brain fog, etc. Now I'm back on Vivelle Dot & Prometrium...feeling so much better! I don't think I'll ever give up this. Plus the estrogen helps my osteoporosis & vaginal dryness.

April 2, 2013 1:59 PM

Review by goddessalso (taken for 10 years or more):

For Oophorectomy: I had ovarian cancer and had an oopherectomy, my oncologist wanted me to use this drug for at least 10 years, started with higher dose and have gone down to 0.05, have tried dropping it to 0.025, but noticed I was having the hot flashes and lack of sleep at night, gone back to the 0.05 and enjoy it so much more, although I am now going on my 12th year of taking it. Trying to wean off of it but without the ovaries it is hard. Love this patch!!

January 19, 2013 12:35 AM

Review by txtalk:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I had a total hysterectomy and experienced terrible hot flashes. I began with a dosage of .05 but the hot flashes continued, although less severe. My doctor changed the dosage to .1 and the hot flashes are a thing of the past. I've only been on this medication for 3 months but haven't experienced any side effects so far.

October 14, 2012 2:36 AM

Review by Well Rested & Content (taken for less than 1 month):

For Primary Ovarian Failure: I am in my early forties and menopause hit me at an early age. I struggled with whether or not I should go on HRT due to the risks. With that said, the symptoms were creating shear havoc in my life (severe hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia and decreased libido-my poor husband). I am happy to say that after my first application, I slept through the night for the first time in two years! My hot flashes have decreased and I don't have that foggy feeling in my head. I am on Vivelle dot and a progesterone regimen. (light doses). I began Vivelle dot two weeks ago and would highly recommend it.

June 28, 2012 9:05 PM

For Primary Ovarian Failure: It worked for only 1 and 1/2 days, then my muscles began to ache, and I needed to change it.

November 5, 2011 7:22 PM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: Tried the lowest dose and the next highest dose. They both gave me a headache. Too bad because it did help alleviate the night sweats.

January 25, 2011 11:24 PM

Review by wooshier:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I tried compounded creams and they didn't work for me. Only one week on this patch and my hot flashes are almost none and I'm sleeping much better.

October 12, 2010 3:21 PM

Review by jlafoon:

At 45, I began a two-year battle of hot flashes and excessive uterine bleeding. My gynecologist prescribed various HRT with little to no relief. At 47, I had a total hysterectomy. The morning after my surgery, I put on my first Vivelle Dot patch (0.1 strength). For three years, I have had wonderful results with Vivelle Dot from the beginning, no skin sensitivity, great sleep, very little hot flashes.

February 23, 2010 11:34 AM

My doctor prescribed Vivelle dot patch 1.0 for me right after total hysterectomy 10 years ago. In recent years, dose was lowered to 0.075, then 0.05. Two months ago, I stopped taking it altogether without doctors permission (my doctor closed her practice). I tried to quit before but was not successful because I always got dull headaches. I was, however, able to stay off of it this time but experienced hot flashes and dull headaches. I never knew what hot flash was before. I started back on patch again and I feel much better - no more hot flashes and headaches. Now, I see that there is even a lower dose, I will ask my next doctor to prescribe me lower one yet.

January 13, 2010 11:48 PM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I started on the patch because of menopause (at age 36, no medical reason i.e. surgery). I used the patch for about 6 weeks and had to stop because of a rash at the application site. This was no surprise because band-aids give me rashes too. I had no problem with 0.5 but when moved up to 0.75 I started with the rash.

September 18, 2009 10:56 AM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: Tried the 0.05 mg patch which I had to remove 7 hrs later due to extreme nausea. Maybe lower dosage will alleviate that problem. Waiting for doctor's call.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2009 11:25 AM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I had a total hysterectomy when I was 28. I started on Premarin for a few years and then changed to the Vivelle patch for the last 8 years with no side effects. But I was also on the lower doses 0.25 and just recently went up to 0.75.

September 4, 2009 6:38 PM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I experienced some chest pain and heaviness within the first day of taking.

May 20, 2009 7:18 AM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: After a full hysterectomy at 42 years I started taking the patch due to severe hot flashes and terrible insomnia. After less then I week, I've had only mild hot flashes and 2 good nights of sleep. I'm so happy to be taking estrogen. No side effects

January 15, 2009 10:30 PM

Review by lklein9462:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I started using the Vivelle-Dot patch after having a total hysterectomy. Before starting the patch, I was having vaginal burning & itching, hot flashes, and night sweats. Within a week of starting the patch, all of these symptoms were resolved. To date, I've not experienced any side effects.

September 5, 2008 9:54 AM