User Reviews for Vivelle-Dot

Learn more about Vivelle-Dot.

Oophorectomy 1 reviews 75 medications

Hypoestrogenism 0 reviews 80 medications Not rated - Be the first
Osteoporosis 0 reviews 182 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Vivelle-Dot reviews 16 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Vivelle-Dot

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "What a God send! After menopause at 50 I first thought "yes! no more periods" then the fun started, night sweats, hot flashes at the worst times like during business meetings, my Dr. started me on the patch .50 and within 2 days it was like a miracle - I could sleep without a towel on my pillow and the hot flashes disappeared. After a year he dropped the dose to .375 and it's still working. If you are having to fight the sweats and flashes - talk to your Dr. This stuff works!"

Happy - not sweating! (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2015

For Primary Ovarian Failure "I started premature ovarian failure/menopause at 31 and I'm now 35. I was skeptic of using the patch because of the side effects so I resorted to other forms of estrogen by birth control pills and changing my diet. They seemed to only work temporarily 2-3 months at a time and then the hot flashes and night sweats came back along with irritability and no libido. I finally said enough and tried Vivelle and after 2 weeks the hot flashes and not sweats were gone. I am currently on the "week off" of the patch so far so good. I can say that the only side effects that I've noticed is weight gain and breast swelling. I would recommend this patch to anyone in my similar situation."

hot flashes (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been experiencing hot flashes for 3 years but could take it no more. I finally caved and asked for the hormones ! My Dr. prescribed the Vivelle Dot at .05 and 3 weeks later I called and asked when I could expect some relief from these awful hot flashes. It had cured my sleeping issues and my sex drive came roaring back, and my dry skin improved, but nothing in the hot flash dept. It was increased to .075 and still no relief from these massive melt downs. I am getting very upset that I can get no relief and can't wait to see my Dr. again next month. I hate to have another increase but wondering if it will finally help !"

AngusMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2013

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Was on Vivelle 0.05 plus Prometrium for 4.5 years; felt great. Stopped for 1 year because I worried that being on HRT for 14 years (Prempro for 10 yrs.) total was risky & maybe I was now "beyond" the hot flashes, etc. Well...I felt lousy the entire time I was without HRT (1 year)..hot flashes, sleepless nights, brain fog, etc. Now I'm back on Vivelle Dot & Prometrium...feeling so much better! I don't think I'll ever give up this. Plus the estrogen helps my osteoporosis & vaginal dryness."

Happy Hormones (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Oophorectomy "I had ovarian cancer and had an oopherectomy, my oncologist wanted me to use this drug for at least 10 years, started with higher dose and have gone down to 0.05, have tried dropping it to 0.025, but noticed I was having the hot flashes and lack of sleep at night, gone back to the 0.05 and enjoy it so much more, although I am now going on my 12th year of taking it. Trying to wean off of it but without the ovaries it is hard. Love this patch!!"

goddessalso (taken for 10 years or more) January 19, 2013

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I had a total hysterectomy and experienced terrible hot flashes. I began with a dosage of .05 but the hot flashes continued, although less severe. My doctor changed the dosage to .1 and the hot flashes are a thing of the past. I've only been on this medication for 3 months but haven't experienced any side effects so far."

txtalk October 14, 2012

For Primary Ovarian Failure "I am in my early forties and menopause hit me at an early age. I struggled with whether or not I should go on HRT due to the risks. With that said, the symptoms were creating shear havoc in my life (severe hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia and decreased libido-my poor husband). I am happy to say that after my first application, I slept through the night for the first time in two years! My hot flashes have decreased and I don't have that foggy feeling in my head. I am on Vivelle dot and a progesterone regimen. (light doses). I began Vivelle dot two weeks ago and would highly recommend it."

Well Rested & Content (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2012

For Primary Ovarian Failure "It worked for only 1 and 1/2 days, then my muscles began to ache, and I needed to change it. "

Anonymous November 5, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Tried the lowest dose and the next highest dose. They both gave me a headache. Too bad because it did help alleviate the night sweats."

Anonymous January 25, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I tried compounded creams and they didn't work for me. Only one week on this patch and my hot flashes are almost none and I'm sleeping much better."

wooshier October 12, 2010

"At 45, I began a two-year battle of hot flashes and excessive uterine bleeding. My gynecologist prescribed various HRT with little to no relief. At 47, I had a total hysterectomy. The morning after my surgery, I put on my first Vivelle Dot patch (0.1 strength). For three years, I have had wonderful results with Vivelle Dot from the beginning, no skin sensitivity, great sleep, very little hot flashes."

jlafoon February 23, 2010

"My doctor prescribed Vivelle dot patch 1.0 for me right after total hysterectomy 10 years ago. In recent years, dose was lowered to 0.075, then 0.05. Two months ago, I stopped taking it altogether without doctors permission (my doctor closed her practice). I tried to quit before but was not successful because I always got dull headaches. I was, however, able to stay off of it this time but experienced hot flashes and dull headaches. I never knew what hot flash was before. I started back on patch again and I feel much better - no more hot flashes and headaches. Now, I see that there is even a lower dose, I will ask my next doctor to prescribe me lower one yet."

Anonymous January 13, 2010

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I started on the patch because of menopause (at age 36, no medical reason i.e. surgery). I used the patch for about 6 weeks and had to stop because of a rash at the application site. This was no surprise because band-aids give me rashes too. I had no problem with 0.5 but when moved up to 0.75 I started with the rash."

Anonymous September 18, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Tried the 0.05 mg patch which I had to remove 7 hrs later due to extreme nausea. Maybe lower dosage will alleviate that problem. Waiting for doctor's call."

Anonymous September 17, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I had a total hysterectomy when I was 28. I started on Premarin for a few years and then changed to the Vivelle patch for the last 8 years with no side effects. But I was also on the lower doses 0.25 and just recently went up to 0.75."

Anonymous September 4, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I experienced some chest pain and heaviness within the first day of taking."

Anonymous May 20, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "After a full hysterectomy at 42 years I started taking the patch due to severe hot flashes and terrible insomnia. After less then I week, I've had only mild hot flashes and 2 good nights of sleep. I'm so happy to be taking estrogen. No side effects"

Anonymous January 15, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I started using the Vivelle-Dot patch after having a total hysterectomy. Before starting the patch, I was having vaginal burning & itching, hot flashes, and night sweats. Within a week of starting the patch, all of these symptoms were resolved. To date, I've not experienced any side effects."

lklein9462 September 5, 2008