User Reviews for Truvada

Learn more about Truvada.

Truvada Review Summary

9.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 60 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Truvada to treat HIV Infection

"Been on Truvada/Norvir/Prezista combination for 3 years after Zerit was discontinued and I developed a resistance to Sustiva. No noted side effects other than urine diluted. "

Bayne (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2015

"I started Truvada once a day along with Isentress twice a day and my HIV Load was 28,000 and CD4% 31%. After 40 days my HIV load is <20 and CD 4% 32,7. Excellent improvement considering I have experienced ZERO side effects and all other lab work came out well. I am 49 yrs old and very active."

JohnnyRF August 29, 2013

"I have been on the combination of Truvada/Prezista/Norvir for over 2 years now. The side effects that cause me the most problems are the ones dealing with my kidneys! The Truvada has made my GFR go down to 30, very close to changing medicines at that point. But it has been working so well that we took a very close monitoring of my kidney function, and my GFR has stabilized around 55. Other than that the side effects have been minimal to none. Great medicine overall!"

Anonymous December 24, 2011

"I started use Truvada, when Intelence affected my liver. Great combination. I stopped use sleeping pills. Take Truvada before bed. Great medicine."

Anonymous September 30, 2011

"My viral load has gone for 180,000 to undetectable in 10 months."

Anonymous May 19, 2011

"After one year on Truvada in combination with Prezista and Norvir - the only listed side effect I may be suffering from is insomnia - and I think that has more to do with other factors than with Truvada (I take it at Noon). After hearing about possible side effects with HIV medicines- it is a pleasant surprise!"

Scott DeBerg April 19, 2010

"I've been using Truvada for about three months with no noted side effects. Once daily dosing of one pill is great and it can be taken with or without food."

lorenhays September 4, 2008