User Reviews for Truvada

Learn more about Truvada.

HIV Infection 6 reviews 66 medications

9.8
Nonoccupational Exposure 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Truvada reviews 6 reviews 9.8

Reviews for Truvada

Review by JohnnyRF:

For HIV Infection: I started Truvada once a day along with Isentress twice a day and my HIV Load was 28,000 and CD4% 31%. After 40 days my HIV load is <20 and CD 4% 32,7. Excellent improvement considering I have experienced ZERO side effects and all other lab work came out well. I am 49 yrs old and very active.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 29, 2013 2:29 PM

For HIV Infection: I have been on the combination of Truvada/Prezista/Norvir for over 2 years now. The side effects that cause me the most problems are the ones dealing with my kidneys! The Truvada has made my GFR go down to 30, very close to changing medicines at that point. But it has been working so well that we took a very close monitoring of my kidney function, and my GFR has stabilized around 55. Other than that the side effects have been minimal to none. Great medicine overall!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2011 3:55 PM

For HIV Infection: I started use Truvada, when Intelence affected my liver. Great combination. I stopped use sleeping pills. Take Truvada before bed. Great medicine.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2011 1:47 AM

For HIV Infection: My viral load has gone for 180,000 to undetectable in 10 months.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2011 7:38 PM

Review by Scott DeBerg:

For HIV Infection: After one year on Truvada in combination with Prezista and Norvir - the only listed side effect I may be suffering from is insomnia - and I think that has more to do with other factors than with Truvada (I take it at Noon). After hearing about possible side effects with HIV medicines- it is a pleasant surprise!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2010 10:18 PM

Review by lorenhays:

For HIV Infection: I've been using Truvada for about three months with no noted side effects. Once daily dosing of one pill is great and it can be taken with or without food.

September 4, 2008 7:46 PM