User Reviews for Dimenhydrinate

Also known as: Calm-X, Dimetabs, Dinate, DMH, Dramamine, Dramanate, Dramoject, Driminate, Dymenate, Hydrate, Travel-Eze, Triptone

Learn more about Dimenhydrinate.

Dimenhydrinate review summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Dimenhydrinate to treat Motion Sickness

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): I do have to sleep after taking the regular one but it works the best.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by Pukaman (taken for less than 1 month):

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): Chapped hands

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2014 4:23 AM

Review by Bright spark:

Travel-Eze (dimenhydrinate): When cruising only need one pastille a day. Best sea sick pill I've ever had, would recommend have been cruising for approximately 10years but have only been using Travel-Eze for about 5 years when a Boots customer said that it was the best one she had used for her daughter who is now never ill while traveling on any form of transport. Took her advice.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2013 5:35 AM

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): This works even better if you get a dose of it in your system before you begin your trip.

June 12, 2011 1:32 PM

Review by Christine P.:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): I have such a hard time with motion sickness, so I am always sure to bring Dramamine along with me for flights, cruises, etc. I do not recommend the non-drowsy formula, however because it does not work for me. I will take drowsiness over nausea any day!

March 7, 2011 5:35 AM

I have used this medicine for motion sickness and it is great.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2011 11:27 PM

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): I've taken this for motion sickness and it absolutely does help with preventing the nausea. When on Dramamine, I will occasionally get a hint of it - or maybe it's just the recognition that certain conditions should be making me sick. Either way, nothing close to what I would experience when I not medicating. The only critique I have to offer is the drowsiness. Desperately wishing to lay down and close my eyes, which can happen on Dramamine, is inconvenient if it's not the type of trip I want to sleep through.

August 22, 2010 1:20 AM

Review by radarrunner1:

For me it's a miracle medicine. I purchase it OTC and can't believe how well it relieves symptoms of vertigo. Wonderful success with this medication. In the past, I actually had to pull over when driving a vehicle because I couldn't focus on the road. I take 100mg and in a few minutes I'm back on the road. Amazing! I suffer from tinnitus and get "off balanced" very easily. It completely cures my motion sickness.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2010 10:47 AM

Review by kayling05:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): I have been taking dramamine for years (since I was a child) to prevent my terrible motion sickness. It works incredibly well at keeping me from getting nauseated. My only problem with it is that it makes me so drowsy! If it is a shortish flight or bus ride, I still get nauseous but don't always want to take a dramamine because I'll be so drowsy once arriving at my destination. A 4+ hour flight/bus/boat though, and dramamine is for sure the way to go, particularly if it is overnight travel and you will be wanting to sleep anyway.

March 17, 2010 11:37 PM

Review by YuyiBoo:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): I had a 5 hour flight trip, I got Dramamine and it made me so relaxed, I fell asleep. When I woke up we were about to land. It helped me with anxiety too.

July 8, 2009 11:18 PM

Our six year old gets terrible motion sickness even on short trips. We recently went on vacation and the drive was proving to be too much for her. She threw up the whole day and then some the next even after she was out of the car - really heartbreaking. We purchased dimenhydrinate at the suggestion of the pharmacist and she was perfectly fine in 20 minutes. We finished our drive from Canada to North Carolina and she was completely healthy and happy the entire trip. FABULOUS!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2009 2:17 PM

Review by Jackanory:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): This is the only one that works for me and it really does work half an hour after taking it. This is important for me as our trips out in our boat are very spur of the moment. Sadly I can no longer get this is the UK.

April 24, 2009 1:56 PM

Review by Sue B-T:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): Really useful drug in the treatment of motion sickness, the only one that works 100% for me.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2008 3:43 PM