User Reviews for Dimenhydrinate

Also known as: Calm-X, Dimetabs, Dinate, DMH, Dramamine, Dramanate, Dramoject, Driminate, Dymenate, Hydrate, Travel-Eze, Triptone

Learn more about Dimenhydrinate.

Dimenhydrinate Review Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Dimenhydrinate to treat Motion Sickness

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "This is amazing! I've been struggling with motion sickness, and its gotten worse as I got older. I took this on a 3 hour drive to San Diego and 3 hour drive back, and I was feeling better than ever! It seems to help with anxiety as well, I forgot how it felt to just be normal. I'm always nauseous, so its a refreshing feeling to not feel anything on the drive. I don't get sleepy that easily so the drowsiness doesn't kick in til later, but this is amazing I recommend. Its good to have trust with a medication because it'll ease your mind on the trip you're going to take, and thats what I have with dramamine."

aliengirlkaren July 30, 2015

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "Very good for motion sickness, but takes some time (about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs) to fully kick in."

SBurkhart June 17, 2015

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "I have been experiencing motion sickness every time I travel by plane and decided to give this a try. Not only did I not experience any nausea, but it knocked me out for my two hour flight! I fell asleep while people were still boarding and woke up when the plane hit the ground again. Amazing!"

Big Rojo (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "Amazing. Helps with my serve nausea and helps me sleep. It's better if you take it 30 minutes before the trip. And also helps with anxiety it relaxes you."

Anonymous February 17, 2015

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "I use this for both motion sickness and severe migraines, I'm 25 years old and this actually takes away the hurt from noise, light, touch and yes dizziness and vomiting. I can actually move and participate with my family this Christmas. Rarely do I mix it, if anything I just take max dosage recommended."

NMama25 December 24, 2014

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "I do have to sleep after taking the regular one but it works the best."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2014

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "Chapped hands"

Pukaman (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2014

Travel-Eze (dimenhydrinate): "When cruising only need one pastille a day. Best sea sick pill I've ever had, would recommend have been cruising for approximately 10years but have only been using Travel-Eze for about 5 years when a Boots customer said that it was the best one she had used for her daughter who is now never ill while traveling on any form of transport. Took her advice. "

Bright spark October 11, 2013

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "This works even better if you get a dose of it in your system before you begin your trip."

Anonymous June 12, 2011

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "I have such a hard time with motion sickness, so I am always sure to bring Dramamine along with me for flights, cruises, etc. I do not recommend the non-drowsy formula, however because it does not work for me. I will take drowsiness over nausea any day!"

Christine P. March 7, 2011

"I have used this medicine for motion sickness and it is great."

Anonymous January 28, 2011

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "I've taken this for motion sickness and it absolutely does help with preventing the nausea. When on Dramamine, I will occasionally get a hint of it - or maybe it's just the recognition that certain conditions should be making me sick. Either way, nothing close to what I would experience when I not medicating. The only critique I have to offer is the drowsiness. Desperately wishing to lay down and close my eyes, which can happen on Dramamine, is inconvenient if it's not the type of trip I want to sleep through."

Anonymous August 22, 2010

"For me it's a miracle medicine. I purchase it OTC and can't believe how well it relieves symptoms of vertigo. Wonderful success with this medication. In the past, I actually had to pull over when driving a vehicle because I couldn't focus on the road. I take 100mg and in a few minutes I'm back on the road. Amazing! I suffer from tinnitus and get "off balanced" very easily. It completely cures my motion sickness."

radarrunner1 April 23, 2010

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "I have been taking dramamine for years (since I was a child) to prevent my terrible motion sickness. It works incredibly well at keeping me from getting nauseated. My only problem with it is that it makes me so drowsy! If it is a shortish flight or bus ride, I still get nauseous but don't always want to take a dramamine because I'll be so drowsy once arriving at my destination. A 4+ hour flight/bus/boat though, and dramamine is for sure the way to go, particularly if it is overnight travel and you will be wanting to sleep anyway."

kayling05 March 17, 2010

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "I had a 5 hour flight trip, I got Dramamine and it made me so relaxed, I fell asleep. When I woke up we were about to land. It helped me with anxiety too."

YuyiBoo July 8, 2009

"Our six year old gets terrible motion sickness even on short trips. We recently went on vacation and the drive was proving to be too much for her. She threw up the whole day and then some the next even after she was out of the car - really heartbreaking. We purchased dimenhydrinate at the suggestion of the pharmacist and she was perfectly fine in 20 minutes. We finished our drive from Canada to North Carolina and she was completely healthy and happy the entire trip. FABULOUS!"

Anonymous July 7, 2009

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "This is the only one that works for me and it really does work half an hour after taking it. This is important for me as our trips out in our boat are very spur of the moment. Sadly I can no longer get this is the UK."

Jackanory April 24, 2009

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate): "Really useful drug in the treatment of motion sickness, the only one that works 100% for me."

Sue B-T April 10, 2008