Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of Period Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Period Pain

Review by nomtha (taken for less than 1 month):

I took this yesterday after a whole night without sleeping, but after 30mins the pain was gone I mean really gone I even forgot I'm on my cycle.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2014 1:40 AM

Review by ChrisMary:

Cataflam (diclofenac): Cataflam is a miracle for my period pain. I have suffered for years and wouldn't be even able to walk a few steps with the horrible pain. I've tried everything from Meftalspas to spasmoproxivonne, Brufen, Panadol, etc.. nothing works. With Cataflam in just half an hour my pain is completely gone. I take it every 8 hours in my first two days.

February 25, 2014 4:45 AM

Review by Miss Neviani (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It just gives me stomach ache and makes my period worse. It has never relieved my cramps.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2014 10:53 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I usually experience bad menstrual cramps but the moment I took diclofenac, I couldn't believe how good I felt because all the pain was GONE! I recommend it.

January 14, 2014 1:05 AM

Review by Eka babe (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Cataflam (diclofenac): Cataflam is a life saver but it takes about an hour after swallowing to start working. I take 2 at a 6 hr interval and can take up to six at the end of the day, but that's only for the first day of the period.

July 17, 2013 8:51 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I usually have REALLY bad period pain, and it was becoming a real problem to deal with, particularly at school. I tried several other medicines, like paracetemol, but they weren't very effective, even after taking 3 within a few hours of each other. I tried 1 x 50mg diclofenac tablet, and after about an hour, all my pain was gone. It's been about 4 hours now, and I'm still 100% pain-free.

August 21, 2012 7:34 AM

Review by ouchhh:

Cataflam (diclofenac): Yes. This is ouch again. I took the first one around midday and it took about five hours to kick in but when it did I have to say I'll take back that rating of 1 and give a 9 because its working so well. I forgot I even have my period. Only thing is it has kind of burned my stomach and made the pain doubly worse before stopping it completely.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2011 10:06 PM

Review by SNav.:

Cataflam (diclofenac): I've taken Cataflam for over 10 years now. I make it a point to take it on the first day of my period and I never feel any cramps or pains. I do have a pretty bad dysmenorrhea. Cataflam's great and makes my period so bearable.

August 8, 2010 7:10 PM

Cataflam (diclofenac): I had to take two and they did not start working for a hour and minimal pain relief lasted for about two hours. I have extreme pain for the first three days of my cycle where I am at a point of wondering if I should go to the ER.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2009 3:31 PM

Review by Quadaaaa:

Cataflam (diclofenac): Cataflam is so far the only medication, OTC or otherwise, that has done anything to help with my menstrual cramps. It allows me to function at a basically normal level during my period. The pain is not entirely gone but Cataflam seems to keep it manageable.

April 28, 2009 2:14 PM

Review by SactoGal:

Voltaren (diclofenac): My doctor prescribed Voltaren after an extremely painful IUD insertion and subsequent cramping. I've never had cramps like these before. I'd literally be curled up in the fetal position, unable to even talk. Depending on the level of pain, this either completely eradicated it or made it totally bearable, and lasted for 12 hours at a stretch. Voltaren is wonderful and I'm glad my doctor recommended it over a narcotic painkiller.

March 16, 2009 2:47 AM

Effective. No side effect so far.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2009 8:38 PM

Review by sexylatty18:

Cataflam (diclofenac): This drug is great. It takes away the pain and I don't feel the period pain for a lot of hours. When I don't take during my period, my period gets heavier and lasts for more than five days which is not usual.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2009 7:33 PM

Cataflam (diclofenac): This is the best medication I have ever used for painful periods. (It actually helped my sinus pain, as well.) I experienced no grogginess and no side effects, very just soothing and complete pain relief.

September 22, 2008 9:57 PM