User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Review Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of Period Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Period Pain

"Voveran is the only drug which relives me from the menstrual cramp. The pain is like a delivery pain for me. I have to take 4 tablets on first day, 2 on second day. I get serious stomach ache with burning sensation the after taking the medicine"

PPrasanna June 27, 2015

Cataflam (diclofenac): "Its the best medicine for period pain so far.. I usually experience severe pain in my abdomen .. I take up to 4 pills every 6 hours on my first days.. but to be honest its a magical medicine. I recommend it to every women that cant bare her period pain"

zee24 May 25, 2015

"I use this drug for my period pains though it makes my first day quite heavy it relieves me of all period pain I feel normal the same as any other non menstrating day. And make sure to use it on first sign of ur period"

tinta (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2015

Cataflam (diclofenac): "Cataflam is the best OTC for period pain. I can function properly now. I use to take 2 panadol tablets which are pretty useless. I end up feeling nausea and tired. Do take this at the first sign of period for best results. It will be too late to take it when the pain starts."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2015

"Works great!"

Julielym March 19, 2015

Cataflam (diclofenac): "Cataflam has helped but I have to take at least 4 - 6 a day to be able to survive the pain of my period. But once it starts working I feel so much better I have tried so much but only this works for me."

Its_me (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 26, 2015

"I took this yesterday after a whole night without sleeping, but after 30mins the pain was gone I mean really gone I even forgot I'm on my cycle."

nomtha (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2014

Cataflam (diclofenac): "Cataflam is a miracle for my period pain. I have suffered for years and wouldn't be even able to walk a few steps with the horrible pain. I've tried everything from Meftalspas to spasmoproxivonne, Brufen, Panadol, etc.. nothing works. With Cataflam in just half an hour my pain is completely gone. I take it every 8 hours in my first two days."

ChrisMary February 25, 2014

"It just gives me stomach ache and makes my period worse. It has never relieved my cramps."

Miss Neviani (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2014

"I usually experience bad menstrual cramps but the moment I took diclofenac, I couldn't believe how good I felt because all the pain was GONE! I recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2014

Cataflam (diclofenac): "Cataflam is a life saver but it takes about an hour after swallowing to start working. I take 2 at a 6 hr interval and can take up to six at the end of the day, but that's only for the first day of the period. "

Eka babe (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2013

"I usually have REALLY bad period pain, and it was becoming a real problem to deal with, particularly at school. I tried several other medicines, like paracetemol, but they weren't very effective, even after taking 3 within a few hours of each other. I tried 1 x 50mg diclofenac tablet, and after about an hour, all my pain was gone. It's been about 4 hours now, and I'm still 100% pain-free."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2012

Cataflam (diclofenac): "Yes. This is ouch again. I took the first one around midday and it took about five hours to kick in but when it did I have to say I'll take back that rating of 1 and give a 9 because its working so well. I forgot I even have my period. Only thing is it has kind of burned my stomach and made the pain doubly worse before stopping it completely."

ouchhh October 8, 2011

Cataflam (diclofenac): "I've taken Cataflam for over 10 years now. I make it a point to take it on the first day of my period and I never feel any cramps or pains. I do have a pretty bad dysmenorrhea. Cataflam's great and makes my period so bearable."

SNav. August 8, 2010

Cataflam (diclofenac): "I had to take two and they did not start working for a hour and minimal pain relief lasted for about two hours. I have extreme pain for the first three days of my cycle where I am at a point of wondering if I should go to the ER."

Anonymous August 31, 2009

Cataflam (diclofenac): "Cataflam is so far the only medication, OTC or otherwise, that has done anything to help with my menstrual cramps. It allows me to function at a basically normal level during my period. The pain is not entirely gone but Cataflam seems to keep it manageable."

Quadaaaa April 28, 2009

Voltaren (diclofenac): "My doctor prescribed Voltaren after an extremely painful IUD insertion and subsequent cramping. I've never had cramps like these before. I'd literally be curled up in the fetal position, unable to even talk. Depending on the level of pain, this either completely eradicated it or made it totally bearable, and lasted for 12 hours at a stretch. Voltaren is wonderful and I'm glad my doctor recommended it over a narcotic painkiller."

SactoGal March 16, 2009

"Effective. No side effect so far."

Anonymous February 11, 2009

Cataflam (diclofenac): "This drug is great. It takes away the pain and I don't feel the period pain for a lot of hours. When I don't take during my period, my period gets heavier and lasts for more than five days which is not usual."

sexylatty18 February 8, 2009

Cataflam (diclofenac): "This is the best medication I have ever used for painful periods. (It actually helped my sinus pain, as well.) I experienced no grogginess and no side effects, very just soothing and complete pain relief."

Anonymous September 22, 2008